DON REMIND ME

you mean weeb emblem?

>advance wars is dead
>wario land is dead
>metroid is a zombie
>paper mario is a zombie

We used to have 4 player matches online, died out about a year ago

It's just Fire Emblem though
I was taken aback when my infantry could only target neighboring squares , until the battle cutaway and I realized what game it was

damn thats painful

>green is just german uniforms
>yellow is just japs

The best FE games are better than the best AW games, but AW is more consistently good while FE is all over the place in quality

Wario Land is the only real tragedy there

If modern FE and Paper Mario tells us anything, it's that it is best Wars is dead.

>red are americans
>blue russians
what's your point?

I just wish they'd do another Battalion Wars. It would've been perfect for WiiU or 3DS.

Fellow Cred Forumsirgins, lets maker our own Advance Wars ;_;

Tell me. Why does there need to be a new AW game? What would it bring new to the table? It's a good series, great even, but it doesn't need any new installments; specially with how IS operates these days.

You forgot
>Fire Emblem is weebshit
>F-zero is dead

Metroid at least has a chance of getting a normal game sometime.

>AW was spared from becoming waifushit trash like FE counterpart

There's a God after all

not gonna lie, a battalion wars 3 that was a cartoony battlefield clone would've been sick as hell.

Japs are yellow

man why ,lets rebember
youtube.com/watch?v=XBuXfcFKAlo

Do they ever explain if Hawk's Black Storm is a supernatural ability or not?

I'm curious to know what that is given it kind of looks like the back drop of space when he has it going.

Why are AW designs so good?

Advance wars never had the support system though

the game was made by japanese people so whatever

>worst CO
>her infantry is a shit
best CO passing by

Fire Emblem has always been weebshit

Not really, only 7, 10, 13, and 14 feel too much like shitty anime.

>What would it bring new to the table?

AI that doesn't suck.

kickstarter.com/projects/studio34/tiny-metal

You guys seen this "spiritual sequel"?

It always had an anime artstyle, but it wasn't weebshit.

you forgot 6

It's in the same gaiden chapter where they explain how Andy revives a dead human being in each of his foot units, and how dived submarines block the movement of aircraft.

Dual Strike was kind of approaching that. Tons of unnecessary shipping and character rot.

It has more in common with Fire Emblem. The modern setting is the only Warsy thing about it.

Aren't they just using the art guys from the original team?

6's issue is that it's a bland rehash of 3 that absolutely sucks to play (especially when the game that came right before it is one of the best in the genre) but it's not nearly as bad as its prequel for what I'm talking about.

But it's not. They have the same battle mechanics, but FE uses permadeath and RPG elements, AW uses bases and army building (and is drastically more tactical)

Needs to be more goofy. I think the greatest yet weird charm that AW had was the cheerful anime setting despite war being something fucked up.

But it looks good nonetheless.

I didn't see his name in the dev team. He posted shitloads of AW concept art on his twitter by the way. Scroll down a bit.

twitter.com/RyoHirata0110

That's weebshit, dumbass. It's still weebshit even if you like it.

Thoughts on the prototype?

How can you claim a series is for weeaboos when the best game in it never even came to the west? It's just Japanese.

>Gold Rush
>Gold Rush
>Gold Rush
>Gold Rush
>999999999
>The Power of Money

Winner
best game ever ;_;

because he doesnt know what he's talking about
plus he must be pissed off all the time, being on a weeb website

So you're claiming that the best game didn't come to the west? Are you really telling me that the best game is Japan only and you know that and you're telling me FE isn't weebshit?

Sorry man, but you gotta face the facts. It's weebshit and it always was. You gotta find a better word for criticizing things you don't like.

>power of meme
You're going to lose if you don't spend the money on units.

There are no weeaboos in Japan, just regular slopeheads.

youtube.com/watch?v=c8fscLm0M24

This and Batallion Wars are two of the greatest losses on vidya

Eh, Battalion Wars wasn't all that. Would've been better hadit been a straight up RTS.

not that big loss

don't get me wrong, I've loved AW1/2
still, they aren't best games ever made like some people claim
they were rather simplistic

they remind me of RTS Z game but it was RTS - you had to make your decisions quickly, not like in AW where you had all the time you've needed

We don't need another Wars game, what we need are DLC campaigns for DoR.

Stop ruining my nostalgia REEEEEEEE

Memes aside, it had really good potential in my opinion. Would have been great to see a sequel on Wii U

>1v1 only online mode
Dropped.

Isn't there a phone game AW clone already out? Heard it was really good too.

I would've tried making my own, but didn't buy the Android module for Game maker sadly.

DoR is 9 years old next year, and it was released before DSiWare was even a thing.

I think it's a bit late for DLC campaigns.

>it costs an extra $300,000

Sorry man, but weeb doesn't just mean liking anime released in the west. It's the belief that things made in Japan are far superior to anything western and you just told me that the game that is exclusively Japanese is better than anything released in the west.

But seriously by the dumbass definition of weebshit FE is most definitely weebshit. Terrible stories, terrible characters, qt grills and effete men. It's just old weebshit instead of new weebshit.

AW online is unbearably long even 1v1 on small maps. Only reason Cred Forums plays 2v2 is for the meme value.

Both Battalion Wars are easily the most underrated game. For any Advance Wars fans who have yet to play them, they should really try them.

Gotta make Olaf viable somehow.

Why not make it for the pc? I'd make a pc clone if there's a market for it

When did I say that FE5 is better than anything released in the west?

Fates is objectively the best FE game ever made.

Sure, when it will be on a true platform.

Define true platform. Pretty sure the Gamecube and Wii fall under those.

>I'd make a pc clone if there's a market for it
It already exist, it's on steam, and it's meh.

What's it called?

Which one? There are three of them, and only one of those three comes close to being as good as the Judgral or Tellius games.

If it's not that good, then we can make a better one.

>Hey Andy, I know we just barely saved the world from Sturm, but let's have one more pointless battle just for the sake of throwing even more of our soldiers lives away
>Aww yeah, great idea Eagle!

PC

A lot of vehicles in that look like some of the ones from Warhammer 40k.

Who /GreenEarth/ here?

Because AW would fit great. It's fast paced, the gameplay is simple, big and colorful graphics would stand out better on a smaller screen.

You can emulate both Battalion Wars.

>FE5 is the best game and it wasn't released in the west!
>whoa man, when did I ever say that

Are you being retarded on purpose?

Warbits, easily one of the best iOS game ever made. Only real downside is that it's not on Android and I can't play it anymore

itunes.apple.com/us/app/warbits/id584927317?mt=8

I said that it was the best game in the series. None of those 14 games were made by westerners.

Don't be retarded, now user. I know what you said.

I also know that FE has always been weebshit. That's never going to change.

Sure thing oh hey,there goes your buildings.

>It's just Fire Emblem though
Advance wars is 100% a strategy series, whereas Fire Emblem has always been a 50/50 split between actual strategy and RPG shit.

Why is he so fucking good?

What's so good about Sami? She's as generic as it gets.

I wouldn't be surprised if IS rebooted the franchise to follow Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates example.

> Not even halfway to its first tier reward
> Campaign almost over

Wow, failed kickstarters are depressing.

She's really good with units that matter, in exchange for having marginally worse stats on less important units.

Fire Emblem might be going too.

Fates sold alright but got a pretty sour reaction from fans and the next title is a mobile game.

Let's not forget the abortion that is #FE.

Has anybody ever fought a good Grit?
How does It feel like?

>tfw you will never join Black Hole irl and get one of those bubble suits and hang around near some bullshit healing crystal

LET'S PLAY SOME ADVANCE WARS

>How do I play?

1.- Download and extract www.mediafire.com/download/35cct9gh28jc9qa/
2.- Double click mednafen.bat
or just drag and drop "aw2.gba" into "mednafen.exe"
3.- Press Alt + Shift + 1 to setup your controls. (At every unique button prompt, press the key you want to assign it to TWICE so it moves on towards the next button).
4.- To connect to an active server, press T to type /server IP PORT or /connect IP PORT
5.- So we can tell you apart, press T to type /nick YOURNICKNAME
6.- Play the fucking game.

If you join a session with people on it, ask if there's any available open spots. If so, type:

/dupe 1

to share the control. I know this is Cred Forums, but don't be a dick and take control or move other people's units when it's not your turn.

>Mednafen Server (USA):
Address: mednafen-us.emuparadise.org
Port: 4046

>Mednafen Server (Netherlands):
Address: mednafen-nl.emuparadise.org
Port: 4046

>Some user's dedicated server (Paris, France):
Address: omachi.moe

Port: 8092

A long distance rape.

>RNG power with the potential of having the worst CO power bar none
>good

>daily reminder that these games are censored outside Japan

You know that tutorial map where you're Grit and you have a handful of rockets that butcher 20-30 huge Adder tanks?
It's like that except you're the AI.

I'd let her dominate me in bed

There's also AWBW for anyone who doesn't want to download shady files from mediafire of all places.

She has a simple yet interesting design,kind of like tf2 characters.

Best CO coming through

As much as I miss the series, modern day Intelligent Systems would fuck it up horrifically, as they have with every other game they've made in the past ~decade or so.

It hurts pretty bad but I'm glad the series was spared Fire Emblem and Paper Mario's fate, at the very least.

AWBW is done over phone lines and takes fucking forever. If I wanted to do something tedious like that, I have /domg/.

meh, his troops were good but he basically didn't have a Super Power
And it's fucking hard because ranged troops are expensive to push out. You end up having to turtle, but that means less buildings captured and you end up running out of cash and boom, Samis Mech troops are blowing ya up

I don't think anyone would argue that this guy owns aw2.

Forgot pic

I still think Hawke is better

Sorry, I was actually meant to post this guy

He's really good

This pasta's been spammed in AW threads for almost a year now. I think someone would've brought it up by now if something was wrong with it.

phone lines?

I've never used AWBW before. Is it really worth using?

Not saying there's any wrong with it, it just seems like a hassle compared to AWBW.
It's fun as fuck. You can make your own maps, that's probably the most addicting part.

Sturm is Kanbei without the higher prices. He's the best CO in AW2 by a mile, and will demolish Hawke before he even gets a power.

PowerOfMoney.gif

I backed it. demo has some neat ideas but holy shit the balancing is awful

>red tanks are Abrams and Bradley
>blue tanks are T-80 and T-34
>green tanks are JagdTiger and Jagdpanther
>yellow tanks are a KV2 and some piece of crap.

>yellow recon is a Model-T with a gun

lol, jap faction has shit units.

Hawke Is definitively a good ass looking motherfucker,but 20%>10% The only person that can maybe hold up to Sturm Is late game Grit.

There's like two posts in this thread mentioning DoR. Does Cred Forums just not like the direction it took the mood of the series in? Gameplay-wise it's far better balanced than the old games and has better replay value.

I have about ~250 hours clocked in it.

/GreenEarth/ reporting in

It's really, really solid. Single player very lacking compared to the other games though, but the multiplayer was fantastic.

Green team is best team. love those sprites.

i dont play AW whit my friend because he only use grit and colin , and is always so proud of it but when he plays whit other one he surrenders

>implying IS is capable of doing AI that doesn't suck

How is Days of Ruin? I started playing AW a couple of weeks ago, and liked the mechanics of 1 even though I feel they weren't fully exploited. I'm starting 2 right now, but I can't stand the terrible writing this shit has. Thought this would be fixed for 2 but it looks as if the lead writer came from a shitty Battleground series like fucking Final Fantasy Sonic X.

I heard Days of Ruin is a grittier game but if it's gonna have the same shitty writing and characterization then I don't want to play it. It's important because I don't want to emulate a DS game, that always turns out for shitty controls if the game exploits the touch screen, so I'm actually gonna buy both DS games.

...Okay then.

I guess I'll try and make a game.

does it have active multiplayer/is it f2p garbage? I would totally be down for mobile advance wars

*submarines behind you*
Pshh....nothing personnel kid.

Say that to my face motherfucker

It's my favorite in the entire series due to how balanced it is. I also like how you can put your CO in a unit to apply an AOE buff and fill your power that way.

Played that shit like 10 years ago, and I didn't know they were connected to this. I liked BW2 tbqh.

I actually love Drake, plus I didn't make that image.

Javier's the real shit one

You got it faggot.

It also has the best girls specifically Tabitha and the one on the cover I forget her name.

Anti-tanks were a mistake

>take control of allied troops

It's a hard turn for sure.
It's edgy,has overdesigned characters and It's not as graphically charming.

The worst part about this storywise is that it's supposed to be a bromance rivalry and yet it's the single most imbalanced mission in the game.

I never played Advance Wars on an original GBA.
But one day one of my friend started emulating it, and we all followed him. I liked this game a lot, I finished it and all.
I'll always remember this school trip we did, each evening at the hotel we had at least two four players games. So cool.

what are the good FE games?
Every single FE I've played, around 6 or 7 of them I guess, ended up with me taking the unit with obvious overpowered stat growths and feeding them kills early on, then spending the rest of the game having that single unit squash the entire enemy army.
Also, they all had really fucking lazy map design for an SRPG, with a lot of maps just having "put strongest units in chokepoint" design which is honestly ridiculously boring.

I'm open minded, though. Are there actually FE games with good map design and no blatantly overpowered characters?

>Are there actually FE games with good map design and no blatantly overpowered characters?

Not the other guy,but once you discover what stats are good and which are meh,the tier filtering gets done In a finger snap.

I made a game on AWBW.

Should I invite people?

Does someone want to play?

>friend used to come to my house before school started to pick me up
>would walk to school together playing versus-AW2 on my GBA
>we'd play until the bell rings to go inside then continue the next day
>did this every day until we went to highschool
>lost contact with him during highschool
>still have the save of our finale battle

>kickstarter.com/projects/studio34/tiny-metal

But there's 24 days to go.

looks kinda neat

That looks fun.

Of course they won't do another Advance Wars.
GBA is long gone, and the Nintendo Wars franchise changes names with each console it's on.
Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, etc.

>smoothing

Normally a game has to be good for anyone to give a shit about it, and that looks like shit from here.

Days of Ruin is Gurren Laggan with puns.
Dark Conflict is Gurren Laggan.

>352839352
>DS Wars Dual Strike
>DS Wars Days of Ruin

I'm talking about her design.

I downloaded this file and got AIDS from it.

I wanna play, have only played 1 though (started 2 a couple of days ago). Lemme set everything up.

9-12 are pretty good IMO. 11 has lackluster story but H5 is VERY fun. 12 has some good shit as well. Fuck, I like 13 as well, and I didn't cheese it with Pair Up.

10 becomes easier as it goes until later territory, especially in the Endgame with Laguz Royals, but self-imposed challenges are totally a thing here with the different PoVs and it's actually a challenging experience for the first 3 parts and in some chapters on 4.

I've played all of them except for the 2nd, and overpowered units are basically a staple. The early games actually have even worse OP chars than some of the later games, like Julia in 4.
As for the map design, I have to be real, FE maps are pretty terrible in comparison to a lot of the better SRPGs. There are really only 2 methods of difficulty in your average FE map: A) throwing tons of units at you to deal with
B) units who are substantially stronger than you/can oneshot your weaker units
and as you already figured out, choke-points are the only really meaningful way to use a map to your advantage in the vast majority of the battles.
I think Fire Emblem is actually a pretty terrible SRPG series fundamentally, but I enjoy having overpowered units in games in general, so they're sort of a guilty pleasure. I wouldn't be able to play them without emulation/fast-forward though, because the stories and characters are absolute garbage.

>have fantastic luck with every game i kickstart
>kickstarted this one despite my concerns purely out of superstition-derived hope that it'll increase the odds it's good

I want it to be fun so fucking much it hurts.

Why did the art design in the AW series gradually get worse?
>AW1 has cool CO portraits, bright colors, appropriately cartoony city and forest sprites, and CO animations during battle animations that keep them from ever getting boring to watch
>AW2 has good if not quite as good CO portraits, bright colors, but tried to make the forests and cities looks more realistic for no reason and also got rid of the CO animations
>AW:DS somehow managed to make Nell ugly. Oh yeah, and let's make the maps harder to look at by looking at a 2D plane from an angle instead of straight on. At least it still has the bright colors.
>AW: DoR looks like any other generic, serious business, apocalypse anime.

ok i will wait in the mednafen server in the USA ok?

Gameplay is fine, I find it difficult to look at for a long time, don't like the style.

Dual Strike is my favourite.

Gonna take me like 10 minutes, I gotta boot my actual PC, this is my laptop.

Haven't seen Gurren Laggan.

This. Also Nell's hat got smaller in AW2 and disappeared in DS.

ok... , post here again when you are ready because i will watch some videos

So what are some SRPGs with good map design?

It also has an incredibly ugly art style that makes me want to puke.

What games have you kickstarted user?

They'll also never do another Metroid game :(

I want to believe. Really I do.

Released ones so far are Shovel Knight, Armello, Sunless Sea, Divinity Original Sin, Xenonauts, Hyper Light Drifter, Freedom Planet, Pillars of Eternity, Duelyst, and both Shadowrun games.

I've been thoroughly pleased with all of them.

Currently have Tiny Metal, Psychonauts 2, Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, Drift Stage, System Shock Remake, and Indivisible all ticking over as well.

>extract game
>setup controls
>type /server 4046
>unkown host

why

Posting mah boy

mednafen-us.emuparadise.org

>/server mednafen-us.emuparadise.org 4046

Type the whole thing: /server address port number.
I'm a third player by the way.

What am I supposed to do here? It just redirects me to emuparadise's home page I'm not tech savvy.

Hurry up dude, he's already there.

Also, it'd help if we had a fourth person.

Ignore this stupid ass post. I'm in the server as a "lurker". Should be nicknamed "alfredo094".

You open up mednafen, and type in the chatbox "/server mednafen-us.emuparadise.org 4046"

>open game
>press t
>writte /connect mednafen-us.emuparadise.org

Which TRPGs do you recommend for good map design?

fuck off mangs

Server, not connect.

Would you fuck a female clone of your nemesis?

WOULD I

>'alright If I position it here he can't get to m-'

I rather like those.

Rather handles the problem of tank spam quite nicely.

Anti-tanks are bad and you are bad for liking them.

On the other hand they encourage infantry spam

>mangs

What the fuck is the point of that guy? He has an obnoxious accent and acts like he's just asking to be Retsu'd.

>no 4-player versus
>no 2v2 team battles
>only 4 units out of the gate
>no map editor outside of stretch goals
Something tells me this won't be the spiritual successor we all want.

Would give her a happier life too.

If you really wanted a new AW, you would have supported IS and bought Codename S.T.E.A.M...but you didn't. You let your inability to enjoy anything without an anime artsyle waifus stop you and now you will reap what you have sown.

His let's plays are really fast-paced for turn-based games and his commentary is pretty knowledgeable.
His nasal voice and occasional snorts get on my nerves at times though. Still one of the better players I've seen

WHY DO WE HAVE TO POST THIS FUCKING IMAGE IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD

>his commentary is pretty knowledgeable.
What commentary? All he does is read the dialogue out loud.

I want to fuck mangs in online AW pvp

>implying I didn't

>F-zero is dead
shit that actually hurt

because people always overlook the real consequences of war. these guys have families, friends, lives of their own. They lay down their lives on the battlefield to achieve their CO's agenda and they're forgotten the moment they're dead because LEL WE CAN JUST BUILD MORES

I bought 2 copies of that steaming pile of shit on launch

This sounds like bullshit but it's true. I have only heard two different negative opinions about the game. The art style and the long enemy turns. Enemy turns were fixed so the only reason people can currently give for why they didn't play it is the art style.

But anyone who bought it was also supporting the king of sjw white knight cucks, Wil Wheaton.

>On the other hand they encourage infantry spam

You say that as if the AA and Rockets don't exist.

How many buzzwords can you fit into one message, and what does that have to do with their post?

>infantry spam
>DoR
Antitanks suck, by the way. Just build artillery.

Anyone got the ability to stream?

Because even as a kid, it hurt to lose even one unit because they were still people

>that fucking bridge map again

Feels goods

>Sounds cool
>That art style
>No map editor
>No 4-player versus

Dropped. I was only ever interested in 4 player games from the start.

Looks like a new grounds game.

>That art

I cant even tell what is going on in the middle.

>Warbits

Not with that shitty writing that sounds like it wrote by 12 year old girls.

>advance wars
>story
Who cares

>implying AW wasn't written by a 12 year old

While Advance wars always had a generic unambitious story it was coherent and you like the character interactions

Warbits however just sounds like your average 12 year old girl using shit like "Totes"

So it's like Dual Strike.

>unambitious story it was coherent and you like the character interactions

>let's kill each other's countrymen for fun
>let's suddenly be friends with the guy you just battled with
>literally "BWAHAHAHA you fell into my trap villian"
>characters as deep as a poodle

No man. Haven't played Warbits though.

This exactly.

Picture Jake from american dual strike but he replaced everyone and each faction is just Red Jake, Blue Jake, Yellow Jake, Green Jake

I mean...you're pretty much generalizing AW1 without even giving thought as to why everything went down. You can generalize anything to make it sound stupid

I fucking miss AW.
>Took a road trip
>Brother and his friends are booting up AW
>Ask me to play
>Pick Sasha and Colin for dat capitalism
>God damn cap buildings and kill scouts with dollar bin troops. Numbers overwhelm.
>About to cap ginger kids base when he offers a truce
>WELCOME TO THE SCHLATTENFIELD
>Cap his base in under 5 days
>Fat kid wavers like the french but brother stays strong.
>Fat kid literally just gives up and lets me take his HQ. I'm swimming in funds like scrooge McDuck
>Power of money and clear my way to brother HQ using 1 HP mechs and tanks
>Defeat all three in about 20 days
Capitalism, ho. I still have them.

Would you make and fuck a variety of clones of yourself, ranging from loli, lolita, and bishonen?

So what are the best advance wars games to play? I only have dual strike, and I like it.

If you notice though, only half of Yellow Comet's equipment is actually Japanese: their tanks are the KV-2 and Renault FT respectively, for instance.

All of them are worth playing desu

>he can't win with Flak
Work on it, boyo.

There's not that many, you might as well try them all.

The only bad Wars games are the ones that didn't release outside of Japan. Just play anything you can read.

you should look how the game is going in the USA server

Anything Flak can do, Nell can do better.

AW1 is terribly written man, Sturm literally laughs as he says that you fell into my trap, Sonja goes all like "uuuuuhhhh" and character interactions are terrible.

To make AW somewhat work you'd have to forget that they literally have people killing each other there. Even if you forget the fucking WAR theme then there are still a ton of problems.

Oh crap, Mednafen is happening again? Where can I watch?

Those smug fucking poodles.

>Wanting an Advanced Wars by modern-IS.

Kek, alright dude. I wish Fire Emblem died it's quiet death instead.

no stream kid but Stronk Olaf winning

Just curious, do you guys want a new Advance Wars for the skirmish/multiplayer or for the campaign?

Would you play an AW game without a campaign?

If no campaign then you gotta make war room interesting at least

Aww yeah, Olaf's one of my favorites. Root for him for me, will you?

Call me when they replace the composer with Yoshito Hirano

youtube.com/watch?v=5f2ou_zgujc

Just played the demo and HOLY FUCK. How could you fuck up such a simple game.

>Forced to move units in a specific order
>You dont pick what to attack the game does it for you
>No idea how much damage you will do
>You can totally do zero damage and waste a turn
>You can move new units but the game doesn't tell you this you have to know to hit cancel after creating the unit to move it
>YOU CANT FUCKING SEE ANYTHING UNTIL AFTER YOUR UNITS MOVE THERE
>You literally have no idea what kind of space your moving into or anything until after you move your fucking units
>Enemy can see you through fog of war but you cant see them
>Units only have a vision range of one even the "scout"

FUCK

I agree wholeheartedly, but that's not the point here. It's like playing Dan in Street Fighter.

>Would you play an AW game without a campaign?
Easily. Multiplayer's what AW's all about.

US server

i will win boy
Because Olaf strongest CO

Anyone still playing?

Super Nintendo Wars might be my favorite of the series. It most embraces the ridiculous, cartoony style, and one of the COs is pretty much just Hitler. I think if you just went all out silly on one of these games with some Cred Forums caricatures it could be amazing:

youtube.com/watch?v=gl4HK4sqhqU

I believe in you, bro. Spread that Christmas cheer.

SFW looks and sounds great, but mechanically it's a mess. Pre-GBA infantry spam problems make AW2 look deep.

All these people complaining about lack of four player games for Tiny Metal because they need someone else to blame when they lose.

Go back to League of Legends shitters.

is this the guy who composed codename S.T.E.A.M.? it sounds very similar.

i personally hope that IS maybe one day takes codename steam's mechanics and gameplay but presents it in an artstyle and setting that seems to succeed Advance War's.

i mean, everyone knows the only reason that game failed was because of it's fucking atrocious choice in art direction and setting r-right? ;_;

Yes

We're on the US Emuparadise server.

Yeah it's been pretty fun. How could we stream this?

Also can't you just join and spectate?

Won't let me connect.

/connect 4046 IS the right thing to do, right? Typing the URL out didn't work with /server either.

The artstyle wasn't going to be appeal to no one but you already know the deal...

If it ain't a triple A lister from Nintendo, no advertising

We're still in the middle of a match, I might leave after this one to do some stuff.

>advance wars: federation force
sure, what could go wrong

It's "/server mednafen-us.emuparadise.org 4046"

ANYONE ABLE TO USE A TWITCH STREAM?

Just join on mednafen. It's the same experience.

There's always the Dai-Senryaku back catalogue if you want the next step up...

that's not what I implied at all.

essentially just take codename steam, slap it with a visual style that doesn't suck that at most recalls the AW artstyle, and call it something else.

Also honestly speaking the game had very few places to go gameplay-wise that weren't just "more COs, more gimmicks." It ended on a decent enough note - there just wasn't a lot of conceptual space left while still keeping the simulation simplistic.

The game needed to get more complex like Daisenryaku in , but then you'd lose the whole purpose of a quick and easy sim in the first place.

Only way more laggy

This. Only nintendo babys find those games brilliant. Almost every wargame on pc is better.

Are these non-moon speaker friendly?

>3rd tutorial level
>lose all the fucking time because tanks fuck my mechs up
>too stupid to realize that the tanks can't prevent me from capping the enemy's HQ with my infantry

Man how do I git gud?

If what happened to FE is any indication then thats a really terrible argument to not make another AW.

The story and characters went to shit but the gameplay improved. This is literally AW in a nutshell.

The first thing you should do as soon as the battle starts is to analyse the map so you know what the enemies forces are like, and so you know what terrain you're dealing with. Ground vehicles like tanks can't cross rivers or mountains, so use that to your advantage when forming a defensive position or trying to sneak past them.

>T-80
That's clearly an adorable chibi IS-2 user.

>Also honestly speaking the game had very few places to go gameplay-wise that weren't just "more COs, more gimmicks."
Honestly none of the new gameplay elements introduced after Advance Wars 1 were very good. The new stuff in Advance Wars 2 was all about MUH PIPES and MUH PIPE SEAMS which was basically just an excuse to force the players through choke point after choke point.

And of course, everyone knows what a gimmicky clusterfuck Dual Strike was.

At least they tried to make some serious changes to help make Days of Ruin feel more balanced, although I feel like anti-tanks were a misstep and the drastic change in art style honestly felt like wasted potential in retrospect.

The two DS games say hello

>bowser jr in smash instead of Andy

>buying AA and rockets to counter infantry
You are literally worse than the guy who thinks anti-tanks are overpowered.

OLAF WINS

another victory for olaf!

It's a great game, but it feels more like a spin-off to me, not a direct sequel.
It's more of a fun experiment, than the next evolutionary step.

Also as i promised

Yay

Infantry rarely ever give me a problem when I have either of them around.

Why don't you and I play a game where you save up for a rocket and I buy 14 infantry while you do that? I'm confident I will win 100 times out of 100.

>building fourteen infantry at the same time on one base
Do you have any understanding of how this game works?

>pumping out rockets to kill infantry
I think the one who doesn't understand how to play is you.

Oh I'm not him. You both seem pretty clueless.

>being this autistic
>doesn't understand thought experiments and hypotheticals
No one's trying to sketch out a realistic build order you retard.

>masturbating instead of discussing actual gameplay
Why?

>That mountain maze map trial map that has fog of war

>trying to be condescending over a game for 8 year olds
You sound like someone who reads too many dead forum posts.

>person 1: hey i think rockets are good against infantry
>person 2: no rockets are shit
>you: hey hey guys i'm awesome please recognize me

So is anyone still playing on Mednafen? I tried joining the US server and nothing happened.

I think everyone bailed after that last game. Not surprising, really. A bad map like Islas Five is bound to drain everyone involved.

Are there good maps?

The pack-in maps range from meh to awful, but most of the time someone has some design maps installed.

I just tried rejoining, and I ended up with some guy named Benis.
He's working on custom maps right now, I think.

Actually never mind, seems like he's just fucking around.

WE CANT DIE NOW
DONT DIE NOW!

We've been dead for six years.

Advance Wars is just not a good multiplayer game. It takes forever for one turn to finish, and most of the moves are mundane and predictable. Imagine a board game, say monopoly, where each person got to role 20 times per turn. That's Advance Wars.
Chess is an example of a good turnbased PvP game: turns switch quickly and because the board is small, every move is extremely consequential. Advance Wars is the opposite and it is not popular for a reason.
The campaigns are enjoyable though.

that's why I like things like awbw. advance wars shines best as an asynchronous game I think

>It takes forever for one turn to finish
honestly not that bad compared to total war games, but i agree. Maybe if they found a way to lower the unit count (reduce the viability of infantry spam or focus on individual unit upgrades/veterancy over mass production).

Daisenryaku Exceed VII is a good jumping off point - it's on PS2 and got localized into English. The rest you'll have to learn a bit of Japanese for but honestly like most strategy games it's just a matter of learning menus.

>mute city in MK8
>falcon isn't playable
why
youtube.com/watch?v=ixRUMwm43cA

Well one way to fix battle scale for MP turn times is to play only pre-deployed maps. The number of units can only go down in those. Of course you're also arbitrarily limiting features by doing this, but it might be better than trying to rescale the entire game just for making MP turn times shorter.

IIRC Days of Ruin's internet MP used smaller maps, while you could still play any scale on local MP. This way you didn't get stuck in long games with strangers, while you could still do whatever you want while playing locally with friends.

Isn't total war real time?

Pre-deployed MP doesn't work in AW because CO balance depends on unit builds.
unless you go bland.

Is Total War good?

Actually, what strategy games are good? I've been playing Dom 4, and I've been thinking the only thing missing from that is something like a political element.

What if we split the difference and had a points system, like tabletop wargames, or kinda like Starcraft?
All units cost points, stronger units cost more points, only a certain number of points can be on the field at any given time.

Hybrid

>only pre-deployed
please please please don't DOW2 this game!

I'm not sure what everyone else thought, but i reckon infantry is at the core of the problem. You can fill up the entire map with infantry, and produce them every turn without running out of funds. Maybe either a price increase or a unit limit (3 per factory/hq)?.

For the longest time when I was younger, I thought it was an IS-2, turns out to be an IS-3. They even use the IS-3 for the Lazuarian/IDF forces.

So was it true that Colin could take out Neo-Tanks with regular Infantry using his ability?

It was a fine saturday evening until OP made me remember the potencial of AW on 3DS or NX...
I played all the AW saga

see
He can't quite manage that but it is still very strong.

I can't decide who's better, BHR Olaf or DS Olaf? Assuming BHR Olaf has access to DS units and BHR snow.

DS Olaf gets a 20% firepower boost, an extra day of snow, and he can wreak havoc on enemy fuel logistics. Downside is that he can't hinder enemy movement.

I'd say the immediate effects of loss of movement impairment is a pretty big downside, but DS Olaf still wins, since his CO power now has an actual bonus to it, and lasts a whole extra day.

Reducing movement was what made Olaf unique to begin with. He was the only CO in the game who could slow down Sturm.

Who cares about fuel?

I think the best shift for an MP focused game is to have all sides issue orders and then execute all of them simultaneously.

I'm just saying DS Olaf is superior. AW2 Olaf is still way more fun.

If there are airports then fuel constraints become important for the handy dandy stealth bomber.

What do you think is the best multiplayer strategy game?

Press F to pay respects for Red, the victim of unfair map design.

F

I was thinking in the sense of "best shift for an MP-focused Advanced Wars game", not necessarily all games in general. You would need to monkey with how the game handles simultaneous movements and what happens when units collide (obviously a combat begins, but which side is favoured and so forth), but you wouldn't need to mess around with the game scale quite so much and could keep things turn-based.

DS Olaf is better because his SCOP charges faster.

>he fell for the stealth bomber meme

Kay.

Still, I'm bored outta my skull, wasting away playing Dominions 4 against bots, and I need something new to do besides beat myself up over how scared I am to watch any anime despite the fact that I downloaded Log Horizon just three days ago.

Watch Love Live: Sunshine.

>and I need something new to do besides beat myself up over how scared I am to watch any anime despite the fact that I downloaded Log Horizon just three days ago.
Nigga what?