R.I.B. Freng D:
Dead Rising thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iuEx5ppV5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=82L5P5DjZy0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5mcfzce3g
youtube.com/watch?v=PwZ0xNOwJek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would berry my dick so far inside that ass who ever could pull it out would be crowned Faaaan tastic

Feast your eyes on THIS.

Forget this guy
Look at THIS

>all those mannequins
>and no books

I'd have the mags if the game hadn't gotten rid of my inventory between 72 Hour mode and Overtime mode. I was about to go grab them but stacking that shit up is too good.

>start directly overtime
>still have the guns
>die and restart
>guns are gone
FUCK

>game is based on a time limit
>time limits make me sweat profusely
is there a real rush or can i take my time?

You'll have to drop a few Sidequests if you're not good enough, but it'll be fine.

Hey, so I keep all my achievement unlocks like the pro wrestler boots if I get ending F right?

If you mostly just do story cases the timer is very lax; the real challenge is trying to also save survivors while also doing the story. Survivors are really nothing but more PP, it's good to save them if/when you can but don't feel pressured into trying to save every single one of them unless you know the game well and/or want the achievement.

you should keep your sweat in a jar and describe what it smells like to me

>tfw when got almost all achievements in DR1,2,CZ,CW,OTR,3, saved every survivor in all, got best ending in all, and am still going to buy and enjoy DR4

>doing all that with this ai

You must have the patience of a saint

Anyone have the survivors chart?

Is it neccasaryy to kill the fucking clown?
i don't have enough time to kill it and get the medicine help me

FIRE

What about Chop 'Till You Drop?

MADONNA

nope, but i have played it before.

You should have killed him a while ago, man.
You gotta save the survivor he's holding hostage to get the shortcut, and the shortcut might as well be mandatory for saving some of the survivors.

What did everyone dislike about DS2? It seems to get a lot of hate but I legitimately enjoy it.

Protip: shoot the balloon while he's inflating it, he'll take a bunch of damage and be briefly stunned.

I got flash backs in the tunnels with all those cars just to get that fucking zombie genocide achievement.

I don't want to do it again, god help me.

nostalgia fags
frank fags

It's my favorite.

I enjoyed it almost as much as DR1, the almost part was lack of Frank(not that Chuck was bad, just different), but then Off the Record came along and I'd honestly rank OTR and DR1 as equally good.

When I shoot him when he's actually inflating the balloon, it does full damage, but he doesn't get stunned. I have to wait until he releases it. Maybe it has something to do with using shot guns.

Okay i killled the clown and broke 1 chainsaw and got the shortcut with greg and somehow made it back with like less than 2 minutes left but greg died did i do good?

Dr1>dr2>ofr>>>>>

Assuming you can do the medicine run in time, ya did good.
Don't worry too much about losing survivors on your first run. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen to a few.
Protip: Tazers are godly against most psychos if you can get close enough

Yeah i got back with 2 minutes left and thanks for the tip i didn't know that

Hey user
the achievement for rescuing all survivors in DR1 is "Saint"

Tempted to replay this again.
I played it on release on the 360.

I don't believe I ever got all the survivors before.
What are the main tips for getting them all this time round?
I know there are a few tricky ones, I think I remember fucking up and letting the awkward virgin burn to death on my first run.

bump

Use the Real Mega Buster and the Small Chainsaw/Mannequin. Don't use those weapons if your playing the game casually since it will ruin the experience

I Liked it,i combo weapons were fun And so was the TiR Online,and online itself was pretty fun.
i never even finished dr1,i have it on 360,should i play it?

I wish TiR wasn't dead on steam

Not as likeable MC and shit-tier psychos for the most part, but I'm sure most Dead Rising fans love it as a slightly downgraded sequel, especially in comparison with the shitty third one.

This threads dying,ill try to revive it.

So,anyone wanna answer these?
>favorite game
>favorite character
>favorite weapon
>favorite song
>favorite psychopath

Is off the record worth playing? I played dr2 but only about 2hours ish. Also, how does dr2 and off the record compare to dr1

>favorite game
Tie between DR and DR2:OTR
>favorite character
Frank
>favorite weapon
Sickle
>favorite song
Slave
>favorite psychopath
Brock Mason

Fronk
Battleaxe
WEEEEEELLLLLLL
Jo because the thought of her raping those whores with her nightstick makes my dick diamonds

How do I make Zombie Genocide more fun

Frank provides some good commentary on DR2's story. It also has some more QOL changes when coming from the second game.

You don't, it's just a grind. Worth it though, the Mega Buster is OP as fuck.

>Game
>DR1

>Character
>Chuck but Frank is a close second

>Weapon
>Knife Gloves

>Song
>My Own Little World

>Psychopath
>Cliff

Don't think there's a better way than to drive, drive, drive.
Maybe put on some music you like or something? I'm going to put on podcasts when I get around to it.

>tfw you are the %1

frank fags

i'm not doing 7 day survivor again
fuck that shit

>It also has some more QOL changes when coming from the second game.
Like what? I've played 1 and 2 but none of the spinoffs.

Why do people feel the need to get the achievements that they will readily admit are tedious?

Because you get rewards for doing it like the mega buster.

I just played music while I did it.

Spotify isn't that bad when you can't make up your mind on what to listen to.

Because unlike most games, these ones actually unlock shit to use in the game.

What's up with all the Dead Rising threads?
Was there a new game released or something?

Off the top of my head
>checkpoint system + 3 save slots
>level 1 frank has dodgeroll, jump kick, and karate chop
The game also has a slightly higher difficulty when compared to DR2.

They released it on PC because it's the ten year anniversary.

>Try to do the story in first playthrough
>Feel rushed as fuck between getting survivors, fighting psychos, and doing the cases (usually without any time to get weapons for fighting)
>After I reach the stupid motorcycle boss with no time beforehand to get weapons, I say fuck it and stop playing story in favor of the sidequests
>Have 1000% more fun

The cases are the worst part about dead rising.

The first three games in the series were ported to XBone and PS4. Also the first game finally made it's way to PC

Is it normal for the Convict's AI to basically be non-functional unless you get close to them? 90% of the time I go through the park they're either parked somewhere far away or rammed against a tree.

Yes. Please don't feed them or tap on the glass.

Is Capcom ever gonna fix Dead Rising OTR?

>Beat DR2 again, decide to Got It ending A since it's canon
>think for a moment how better Overtime mode would be if it was Case West
>nah, we get another go around and get items and fight TK

Literally fucking why?

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

How do you even do that? i don't see how since there is a time limit

Kill all the zombies?

You drive up and down the tunnel.

The DLC doesn't work
If you bought the complete pack or anything including the DLC, Capcom have literally stolen your money
The Protoman outfit that you get from an Achievement also doesn't unlock.

>game is on a time limit and open world
>miss one event
>THE TRUTH HAS VANISHED INTO THIN AIR

The game was good, but seriously, fuck this stupid mechanic.

I bought the game today and I have all four of these costumes on ps4

I should have clarified it was a PC issue
Switching the game over from GFWL to Steam broke it and it still hasn't been fixed

Why would you not prioritise case files if you want to follow the main story.

No time limit would be dull, you'd just run around seeing and doing everything in one play through with no challenge or urgency or clutch moments when you pull off saving survivors at the right time.

Would feel much less like a living world with shit going on outside of you as well.

Stop being a pleb.

Git gud scrub

I have it on pc and everything works, all the dlc and protoman outfits so it's something on your end

It's almost like you don't have to do the main story if you don't want to or can't git gud, you fucking scrub.

If you look at the Steam forums it seems to be a common issue.
Did you buy the game before it got switched over?

>Why would you not prioritize case files if you want to follow the main story.

Why wouldn't they give you the option of getting a partial story based on the events you DON'T miss instead of instantly deleting EVERYTHING because you missed one

I've had it since launch on pc and i switched with no problem

why is dr2 better then ofr?
i was thinking of getting dr2 after playing dr1 and dr3 but kinda in a crossroads on which vrs to get

but senpai DR3 was ass, your failure to see that proves your not a fan of the series that was built on the survival mechanic relying on the environment and food.

>Dead Rising 4 has:
Gameplay shows regenerating health
You can make super weapons of the gods and get a mini gun, doesnt get more casual than that.

>almost all

pff loser

You got a partial story.

You got a partial story up to where you fucked up.

>DR1,2,CZ,CW,OTR,3
There was this many dead rising games? I've been under a rock

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

the tank fight is ridiculously easy with a mouse

The first game had 1-hit kills with a Megaman blaster. And then 2 had a bunch of OP combo weapons.

>72h done
>zombie genocider next
h-here I go

>The first game had 1-hit kills with a Megaman blaster
That wasnt needed to beat the game or play it at all. DR3 and the new DR4 rely solely on super god weapons which is stupid and breaks any survival mechanic, its just a generic zombie game now.

>he fell for the mannequin meme
Did you also go for the mini chainsaw? Come on down to crislips hardware to get yourself a handy dandy fireman's ax and thank me later. One of the few weapons you can "aim" and feels so satisfying landing head exploder after head exploder

2 of them were Xbox Live Arcade games (CZ - Case Zero and CW - Case West). Off the Record was just a re-release of 2 but with Frank West replacing Chuck Greene.

I bet no one here played Chop Till You Drop though.

Still makes no sense and creates a very artificial feeling to this "game world" that just because you missed one moment nothing happens afterwards.

It's like the game world pauses.

Perpetual back-to-back generals belong on

That'll be why.
The main issue seems to be from people who bought it after the switch and for whatever reason the DLC doesn't always work if you buy it from Steam.

>>zombie genocider next
Took me 4 hours but it was alot of fun, love the fact that the achiev number is the same as the population of wilamette.

Disgusting. That doesn't count at all

>I bet no one here played Chop Till You Drop though.
I played it and loved it then tried the original DR1 and gave up because its not a fair game its too hard and none of the zombies drop ammo, also the weapons break which is stupid and annoying. You cant even become friends with CLetus to get all the guns you want making it a useless game.

>gotta dedicated a whole playthrough for indoors man and outdoorsman
Hope the old glitch to get them at the same time works

Dead Rising 4 is for casuals...
Everyone got their super lightning axes? Cant wait for the mini nuke dlc where you can just press a button and everything dies and you win!
youtube.com/watch?v=6iuEx5ppV5Y

I'm about to put total recall on and just get on with it
can't remember how long it took me to do it on the 360 about a decade ago

how often did you save?

It didn't work but I'm scared that I might be glitched out the achievement

>playing on PC
>just now realized the controller I use is on it's way out
fuck sake, do Xbox one controllers work on this?

What was in the case that fell from the chopper?

>how often did you save?
every 10k i think you should be able to get 1.5k per run if really good but figure on 1k so you dont get to excited. Takes about hmmmmm 4-5 minutes per cyckle meaning using up the car then the truck to rinse and repeat. So every 10 full cycles or so just go back upstairs where the car is to paradise plaza bathroom and save.
T
>tip:
Install on SSD is only 8gb, there is almost no load time for anything and no lag, many report the game crashing when doing Zombie genocider for it seems texture streaming problems linked to the use of an HDD :P so far no patch for that and not sure if that is something fixable since it may be just a limit of the hardware of an HDD even if you have the best caviar black.

Good luck user! Defeat willamette!

>game
OG obviously. Sequels lost that unmatched attention to detail
>character
The black guy that blows his head off right in front of his wife giving me a FAAAANTASTIC picture
>weapon
Too many to pick. From og alone Id say fireman's ax, Vietnam machete, 12 pack of soda cans, and a rock are my go tos
>song
Whatever plays during the Vietnam vets boss battle is great. I like happy together in the Dr3 trailer though
>psychopath
Vet again is an easy choice, but the cult as a whole has to be the GOAT

Adding to your list

>plaza
Al fresca is so comfy with the gym and all the hardware store weapons
>store
Crislips for the fireman's ax and again so many zombies and weapons to endlessly slay
>skill
Jump kick to roundhouse is my most used, but the disembowel made me howl the very first time I unlocked it

yeah but would;t that take hours and hours?
there is a time limit in the game

Zombrex. No probably franks camera equipment. Food. Extra clothes. A gun probably. He's covered wars you know.

How can you enjoy the cancer that is dead rising 4?

>>he fell for the mannequin meme
it's the best weapon in the game

supplies and camera equipment

are you talking about DR1? there was no zombrex then...

There's also a time limit in your life.

>reading comprehension

once I'm done, can I save and quit
or do I need to wait out the remaining time?

>do I need to wait out the remaining time?
You MUST wait out the remaining time, just go to the helipad and stand there and then go to sleep, thats it. When you come back the point board will be up and awards are ONLY given at the end where it will say mega-buster.

No it isn't. It hits one zombie at a time and has slow swings. There is literally never a justified time to use it unless its all you have.

Is this an issue if you never bought the DLC on GFWL do you get the outfits or is the issue on steam as well?

>Cred Forums on every open world game
>"wow, this game is so boring holy shit, I'm tired of meaningless open world games where you wander for hours doing nothing"

>Cred Forums on Dead Rising
>"so you mean I can't aimlessly wander around for hours on end (even though you can) and there's a meaning to how my I spend time in the game!? Fuck this shit

>he fell for the mannequin meme
Those special forces fell before my mannequin army.

Mannequins are Special Forces natural enemy

it does a lot of damage and looks cool

>It hits one zombie at a time

It also kills 90% of psychos in like 5-7 hits

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL THE WHORE ON THE MOTORCYLE I HAVE LIKE NO FUCKING TIME LESS THAN 1 IN GAME HOUR AND THE SLUT JUST KEEPS RUNNING ME OVER

Oh no she's too strong!

You did, you got all the story up until you fucked up.

You don't get anything afterwards because all your leads on the story dried up because you suck.

The easy solution is to stop being shit.

Stand at the ramp that's around there and have her drive around trying to hit you. Use the ramp as cover and smack her as she passes by

>tripfag has a shitty opinion and is mad that he's bad at videogames

What a faggot.

Nothing happens afterwards because that was your only lead on the story.

Just stop being shit and you'll get the story.

What did he mean by this?

>What did he mean by this?
I'm shit

>really want to play DR1 again
>was suppose to get my ps4 a few days ago but mom kept making excuses to not give me a ride to walmart
>suppose to go tomorrow
I SWEAR I BETTER GET MY PISS STATION 4 tomorrow so I can play this!

What is best DR song and why is it Justified?

youtube.com/watch?v=82L5P5DjZy0

Fire ax takes like 4-5 (stuns as well giving you more time to swing; raped cliff so hard, never even got to one shelf) and isnt a gay ass mannequin
>it looks cool
Ok buddy

>game ends with Frank standing on a tank he can't drive with Isabela trapped on a humvee flipped on it's side surrounded by zombies
>Frank later made it out of Willamette
what

>a tank he can't drive
You DO know this man covered wars right?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL it isn't

Well that does explain everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5mcfzce3g

You know I played the hell out of Dead Rising back in the day and I forgot all about the credits song until my recent rerun.

It's breddy gud, I forgot about it probably because I heard Gone Guru so much + the memes and it blocked out the other songs.

Kendall's mutiny scoop had Frank say something like
>The only way you are getting past the National Guard's barricade and out of Willamette is with a tank
Frank hopped in the tank, picked up Isabela and got out of there ez. You can explain away driving the tank with it being primarily auto-piloted through verbal commands.

i'm still not doing to well

>not owing a vehicle

>gay ass mannequin
>literally a naked plastic girl
>gay

>being a normalfag

>area is full of zombies
>cutscenes are always devoid of them
This always bugged me when I was younger.
Sometimes I think in universe areas are not always filled with zombies. Otherwise why would cutscenes be empty of them. And all those survivors you meet in the first place be able to meet you in the area you meet them.

Just take a train, it's not like a ps4 is that heavy.

>but senpai DR3 was ass, your failure to see that proves your not a fan of the series that was built on the survival mechanic relying on the environment and food.

Holy crap you sound like a miserable elitist cunt. Do you feel like you're better than him because you enjoy playing the same video games differently to him?

>>being a normalfag
>having a vehicle means your a normalfag
autism
you are the normie

Honestly I'm more bothered by the fact that everyone else except the psychopaths are absolute shitters when dealing with zombies.

Frank is just a normal guy so how come he can deal with them easily yet everyone else shits themselves in game and in cutscenes when zombies show up? Like Brad's death, if that was Frank you could have stomped that entire room and then just have to wait until someone opens the door.

there's no passenger trains here and it's like a 45min drive by car

you have a car + a job so you're the normalfag wagecuck and autism isn't funny you bitch

Well, he's covered war you know.

Frank acts little like in girl cutscenes as well

It's been a while since I played DR2, did they explain why they didn't just synthesize the vacinations like Carlito did to the Orphans instead of zombie'ing areas for queens to make Zombrex?

Brad got cutscene stabbed and he was surrounded in the dark by night zombies iirc. One "J" night zombie did take out 2-3 special forces dudes at once.

>you have a car + a job
what makes you assume that i have a job you fucking autist?

post moar

touche

youtube.com/watch?v=PwZ0xNOwJek

DELETE THIS