It's a nice lazy fall day since I have no obligations today. I think I'm gonna replay Spyro 3 Cred Forums...

It's a nice lazy fall day since I have no obligations today. I think I'm gonna replay Spyro 3 Cred Forums. Good times for a Spyro general I think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sjSH7psJXuU
youtu.be/hY0ejrZk2e0
youtube.com/watch?v=yyCcjWgVX2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I give it 5 posts before someone posts THAT image.

Now you've jinxed it, motherfucker

youtube.com/watch?v=sjSH7psJXuU
best music ever

2>1>3
This is fact

I've been itching to play year of the dragon again lately, and I haven't touched that game in over a decade.

EAT FRESH

2>3>1

Doing that level now.

I bought a PS3 just for that reason. I shit you not. I had this insane itch to replay Crash 3 like 7 years ago. Then finally saved up enough money once I found out it had them on psn.

1>2>3

I think 2 is the best, but 1 has the best music.

I 100%ed Spyro 2 last night.

>We'll miss you

It's almost like they knew Spyro was gonna decline after YoTD.

I never could 100% them as a kid. Any game really.

Thread hijack who's hyped for skylanders?

Well sorta. They knew they had a contract for 3 games. That was their third game. I think they might have known they'd no longer be making Spyro games while developing the third.

Couldn't they have just renewed the contract?

Why doesn't Insomniac just buy back the rights to Spyro?

They could have. But I think they didn't want to. Plus they had gotten the offer from Sony to work for them I think. Or am I getting the details confused with Naughty Dog?

Insomniac never had the rights, just as Naughty Dog never had the rights to Crash.
Crash and Spyro were both owned by Universal, there really wasn't anything that could've been done.

In other words, just be grateful we had the Spyro and Crash games at all.

Pretty much.

In the good universe gaming took a different path and games like Spyro and Crash would be abundant, while fps was a niche genre.

>a Spyro thread
Not too often you see one of these.

Will we ever get another Spyro game? A real one, not Skylanders. Maybe we'll get a fan game...

Either way, I'd like to fantasize a bit. IF we were to ever get another Spyro game, what would it be like? The first game is my favorite, it had great atmosphere and good gameplay. Spyro 2 was good, expanded on everything. 3 was meh, I think it tried to hard. Other entries are not as good as these three.

Despite popular opinion, I kind of liked the Legend of Spyro series. The first two games were pretty shitty, but the third one was alright. It does help that I played them with my little sister and have fond memories, but I did enjoy some of the added stuff like actual flying, elemental powers, and the setting wasn't too bad. Had some pretty looking levels. But it was basically a hack 'n slash, which I don't think works for Spyro.

I think ideal game would be a return to the simpler setting and lovely palette and designs of the first game. Spyro doesn't need a super mature or complex setup, although maybe a more adventure oriented story and gameplay would suit it. I would love to explore new, vibrant locales styled after the first game.

What do you guys think?

>Crash Bandicoot remakes sell well
>Activision decides to give Spyro the same treatment
>Glimmer in glorious HD
>Light dynamically shining through gems and wind blowing through the grass

where can I download a good iso of Year of the Dragon?
all I've found were a hacked version that barely works and one that doesn't work at all.

You don't

As I'm playing 3 I notice how fun and cartoony everything is. From the voices of the bears from the first world, to the mayor calling the dragon the ugliest chicken he's ever seen. It's all so lighthearted and fun. I'd love a game like it. Fuck I'll even take PS1 graphics if I have to. As long as it's fun and good.

>HD Spyro
I'm gonna be buying the Crash remaster day one, but that's the only thing I'd want more than it.

damn

I also forgot to mention: what ever happened to whimsical, fun games? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a serious story and difficult gameplay, but it seems like that's all there is anymore. Not many games for kids(that I know of), or at least games that are supposed to be simple, beautiful, and fun. Why does everything have to be serious all the time?

Exactly my point. I do think maybe the later games went a bit overboard with new characters (I think one of the first games strengths is how empty of creatures the world is, just you and enemies), but it really is just a bunch of fun, aesthetic games. I miss that.

If only ;_;

>my spyro 1 disc is scratched beyond repair
>my spyro 3 disc is scratched in a way that music breaks after a while
I would LOVE an HD Spyro collection if it came to PC

you could have just emulated it.

>TFW still have all my discs
>TFW Spyro 1 only glitches during one mini game
>TFW I don't have a ps2 to play later games
>TFW no HD remake

1 is the artistic high of the series IMO. 100% bonus level(s) were vg kino.

2 was the comfiest. Dragon Shores was boring as fuck though. Also the unlimited fire breath was completely pointless.

3 was basically 2 with added features. Didn't really care for the added characters, but, like 1, the 100% bonus levels were excellent.

At the time I had no idea emulation was even a thing.

I liked the amount of collectibles in 2

True, but when the reward was stupid ass Dragon Shores, didn't give tons of incentive on repeat playthroughs.

I have a fixed version, let me upload it for you.

This thread.....Isin't It going too well?

What do you mean? Most Spyro thread I've been are often pleasant. I do wish more people were posting here. Not often I get to talk about Spyro.

>There will never be a new Spyro game that's as good as the first 3

Why live?

>trying to play Spyro 3 on emulator with Windows 10
>Constantly getting error 43 with the PS4 controller even though I have a program to make it work

Does anyone know how to fix this?

To replay the old ones of course. Sweet, warm nostalgia.

At least with Crash they tried.

Wrath of Cortex wasn't TOO bad. At least they kept the Warped formula.

The spyro series literally started to lose its shit. Spyro looks like a drowned rat in the later games. Even the GBA titles were pretty sweet.

Someone could still make fan game. Or Activision could remove their head from their ass.

You can always replay the old ones.

Don't give up hope.

What if we made a petition for Insomniac to make a new game?

b-but you could ng+ with perma fireballs

Yes, though I'd be just as happy with a HD remake of the first three, like what Crash is getting.

I have a dream, user.

A dream about a remake of 1 2 & 3, with a story that connects the three games, all the original levels are there along with new ones.

And in the third game instead of fighting the sorceress you'll fight adult Cynder who's under the sorceress's control, beating her leads to an entirely new stage. Twilight Plains.

And there are female thieves that look like regular thieves with breasts

I would but don't know how to do so. If anyone knows how to, I will promote that shit like a motherfucker.

I don't even give a shit about updated graphics. Wasn't a huge fan of the Ratchet and Clank updates. Seemed unnecessary. Shit graphics can actually be comfy.

But why?

Insomniac doesn't hold the licenses. They were under contract to dev for Activision.

Now a petition to, Activision, I'd sign it. But just because you petition them doesn't mean they'll do it. I highly doubt they'd do it. They make enough annually with COD and Skylanders. Fuckers.

There is always a fan game with their blessing, which might be more possible, but I also doubt that.

Just came.

Favorite world? Got to go with the dinosaur lavaland form spyro 2.

What if the petition got 10,000 signatures?

I wish it were the number of signatures. Although if it were that significant and public interests were high, they still might because of the possible money in it. But then, games like Spyro aren't as popular anymore.

Still, its worth a shot. Even if it flops, no harm. Maybe they'd be willing for an HD remake.

If this is a thing tho, I hope we're all agreed that a new game would follow the art direction and design of the first game?

It probably won't work. What do you think?

I like the Magic Crafters and Beast Makers worlds from the original.

Yeah, probably not. But like I said, its worth a shot. Crash is getting an HD makeover. Maybe they have something planned for Spyro anyways.

You never know until you try. If you could drum up enough support, it might work.

3=2>1

I'm not sure if I'm ready for the banhammer that would come with the Hunter sandwich.

Spyro was problematic. He was a quadruped and couldn't hold things like a gun and such. Every cool idea for future games went to Ratchet & Clank.

Posting my first fap.

1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 = 3

Cutscenes and side-missions were a mistake. I've never been so disappointed in a sequel, especially one that people said was so much better than the first. All I wanted were more gems to find and levels to explore, not Fisher-Price minigames.

thicc

Let's come up with ideas for a dark and edgy reboot of Spyro, since that seems to be popular these days.

I can understand this.

Spyro 1 plays very differently than the other two. I enjoy them all, but it's most likely because of my nostalgia.

Already happened. You have limited fire breath.

>And in the third game instead of fighting the sorceress you'll fight adult Cynder who's under the sorceress's control
Give this to me now

>Elora and Spyro shippers

absolutely patrician taste senpai

despite all the flaws the games had, i really enjoyed the legend of spyro

Maybe follow the idea of the Legend of Spyro trilogy and go with a more epic story to hook normies. As few cut scenes as possible, enough to keep normalfags interested but not too many to ruin the game. Bring back Elijah wood and have dialogue in the game. Bring back Cinder and her actress for two player online/split screen co-op.

Keep Spyro's look from Dawn of the Dragon it wasn't that bad but bring back the unique design of the first game, maybe with a touch more realism and traditional fantasy, but keeping the interesting design and unique palettes.

Keep close combat with claws and tail etc, keep simple flight mechanic (kids and fans loved it). Implement a fire breathing system for longer ranged attacks (maybe Spyro charges his breath?). Maybe add some magic powers.

Focus on exploration and platforming, with some combat and world bosses (like the first game).

Bring back Gnasty Gnorc as antagonist.

How did I do?

Same. The first game was ok, not that great but interesting. Second game was pretty shit. Third was the best, really the shiniest of the series.

Also, I really liked the dragoon armor. Made the characters look cool and increased abilities.

Just found this in google images.

I don't know how to feel.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking, aside from a few things.

>bring back the collectathon element, make combat a secondary feature
>add a "classic mode" removes all combat, and just uses the simple charge/flame mechabics form the original trilogy
>add other playable characters (elora, hunter, biancia, ember, flame)

I couldn't get into 1 or 2; I don't like brawlers structured like walk > get trapped in an arena, defeat all enemies > walk > repeat

The baboons also frightened me in 1. However, I enjoyed 3 for the armor collecting and the upgrade system (I can't remember if it was in the first 2), and I played through the whole game co-op. That Destroyer fight in the river was such a fat fucking blemish on the whole game. I guess I didn't really like anything after exploring and finishing the Avalar Plains, but the waterfall jump after the tutorial area really kicked that game off well for me.

It feels like there's a lot of post-photoshoot photoshop going on in that image, but I have to admire that armor ' s craftmanship

>we will never get another spyro game >moneybags will never make a cheesy donald trump joke

>we will never get an HD elora

Gex would definitely be a better-suited corpse to reanimate, if you're looking for pop culture/Trump jokes

1>3>2 you dumb cunts

>tfw finished riptos rage again like a week ago
the most annoying level always was canyon speedway with Hunter where you had to be the gunner

I could never beat spyro 1 100% as a kid but there was a page in the back of the manual that clearly showed an adult spyro. I was convinced for years that that was the reward for completing the game.

I always thought it was Spyro's father

I don't know about classic mode. Sounds fun, but would it be difficult to implement?

Good point about collecting. Maybe there could be a purpose for collecting things, not like in the original games where you had to collect to proceed to other areas. Maybe you could collect gems and such to buy power ups or level your character. Or maybe introducing RPG elements to Spyro is a mistake. But I would like to see dragon armor again, that was cool. Still, I like the idea of combat in Spyro, and it certainly appeals to the masses stronger than simple collecting and exploring.

Not sure how I feel about other playable characters. I wouldn't mind, but if there's a story, they're going to have to fit in somehow, especially as a playable character. Maybe a party system, or differing story paths?

2 is a happy medium between spyro 1's creativity and spyro 3's variety and is objectively decisively factually undisputedly conclusively definitively best spyro

This is the only reason I still have my ps1.

>how hard would it be to implement?

>reduce all enemy health to 1
>remove the code that let's you attack, but keep the code for charging
>code up a quick fire breath attack
>remap some buttons

Not hard at all desu

I liked how 3 merged talismans and orbs in to one collectable in the form of dragon eggs. The extra characters weren't that fun to play as

EtD might have been good if it wasn't rushed to meet the holiday season

Hmmm... Not a bad idea. I know almost nothing about game design, so I had to ask.

But with all these variable features, how would you implement the story? Playing as different characters in particular. I could see some gameplay aspects being more difficult due to playing in classic mode as well, like fighting bosses. Would the bosses need to be redesigned for classic mode, or perhaps in a way that allows them to be fought in either mode, but with classic mode being the more difficult?

So many questions.

post music
youtu.be/hY0ejrZk2e0

Feels inbound
youtube.com/watch?v=yyCcjWgVX2E

3 >1>2