This will always be the better designed sword over Gilded Sword

This will always be the better designed sword over Gilded Sword

For once, op wasn't a fag

>making a thread over something everybody agres with
what a waste of perfectly good html code

If there is one critcism I have about the art in MM, it's the Mirror Shield and the Gilded Sword. Not sure what they were thinking.

>Nomura sword

Yeah I was kind of buttmad as a kid that I couldn't go get the Razor Sword again just to swing around. I think not having an equip item screen for weapons and clothing like OoT did was lame.

this is still the best Zelda sword

I always thought this was kind of dumb to be honest

Mirror Shield is sick.

Real OoT Mirror Shield = MM Mirror Shield > WW and Minish Cap Mirror Shield > LTTP = Awakening > OoT redesign

I always thought this was a really cool concept and am super sad it's never been used in a true Zelda game

Maybe in BotW

Yeah except it doesn't look anything like that in game so design wise that image is completely irrelevant.

It's shit. It's would have no balance at all, for some stupid reason the center is hollowed out, making it that much weaker and more prone to wobbling, and the pommel is retardedly huge for no reason at all.

That said, the Gilded Sword isn't much better.
Yeah, let's use fucking gold, a soft, weak metal, to forge a sword. and not only that, let's put it together in fucking triangular pieces. That blade should be weak as fuck.

The entire purpose of a shield would make the Mirror Shield impossible to use in actual combat.
The entire thing is dumb.

It's magic nigga.

Gilded means plated with gold, not made of it. It would not ruin the sword at all.
In fact, adding gold to a steel alloy could make for a more flexible sword, as gold itself is very flexible. Which is a very good thing.

Mirror shield isn't glass. It references the dude who used a shield that was polished to a mirror finish in order to defeat Medusa. That shield was bronze I believe and the ones in Zelda are almost certainly iron or steel.

>Shart in mart pretending to know about metallurgy

An hero

I'm just applying the logic available, gold has been used to create flexible alloys.

For starters, you don't want a sword to be flexible.
Second, it doesn't matter if it's not glass. A shield is in combat to take hits. Hits are going to dent and scratch a shield, which puts a hamper on it's ability to reflect.

you're both complete faggots

this

This and the Magical Sword of AOL's fame is why I fucking hate that Nintendo keeps forcing the damn Master Sword into everything.

Forging, reforging, re-enchanting, and blessing swords is a part of nearly every Zelda since ALTTP. But the majority of the time it's just the damn Master Sword that gets another blessing, or its new form. I get they want to have the Master Sword attached to the series since they've used it so much its now iconic. But why the Hell can't Nintendo put effort into their starter or mid-tier weapons to allow Links to be differentiated by an iconic sword?

Thoughts on the HW Magical sword?

The only games in which the Master Sword gets new forms are LttP and LBW.

WW did it.

No. In Wind Waker it regained it's power. It didn't gain a new form.
And before you say Skyward Sword, that's the Goddess Sword becoming the Master Sword, not the Master Sword getting a new form.

Skyward Sword's second half revolved almost entirely around upgrading your sword into the master sword, as did WW with restoring its power.

I didn't refute that.

The Aegis was polished on the inside. It's a huge Aspis shield he didn't put it down to look at the reflection in the front.

nah it's shit

Am I wrong?

What a massive faggot you must be to split these hairs. Its the fuckin master sword that was his point you grammar nigger

Best sword is the one I like the most. The tempered sword from LttP

I never refuted that.

brettyneat/10

So he gave his back to the medusa so he could look from the back of the mirror? Either way seems risky.

shield in Majora's Mask was pretty good, but I think the design from Twilight Princess was better.

In fact, it was so good, they used it again in Skyward Sword.

I do like it. It's a bit complicated and it has a unique silhouette, and the blade color is unique that I'm always kind of questioning if the blade isn't just a magical emission from the magical jewels.

If I need to clarify or re-iterate my point, upgrading or creating swords are a part of the games. And too often it's the Master Sword that gets the love.

Yes that's not the Master Sword in OOT but the Biggorron's Sword for a trade quest.
Majora gives us the Razor-Gilded Sword upgrades.
A large portion of Wind Waker regards upgrading the Master Sword. Whether you want to argue about it being shiny or getting a slightly different guard is a new form; but that's still "Making the powerful evil-slaying weapon".
The hilt changes slightly in Wind Waker. There's an elaborate penis joke to make in Skyward Sword.
Whatever you want to argue about Skyward Sword, the fact is that it ends with the Master Sword.
Sure TP's Master Sword doesn't change but it does receive the blessing of the Twili sun or whatever.

Even where there are 'new' sword we get: The Phantom Sword, the Lokomo Sword, and whatever that thing from Link's Awakening was, which are designed like Chinese knockoffs of the Master Sword.

It crosses a meta boundary for me. Since every upgrade, every every excuse the game gives to make the sword hit harder without a reskin is a chance for something new and interesting to be entered. Especially when the games harp on the NEED for it. Link was told the Master Sword was devoid of power in Wind Waker. Instead of seeking out master smiths of his time and forging a new masterful weapon, or finding out a new weakness Ganon has to exploit, there's basically just a third of the game that involves hooking the Master Sword up to jumper cables. Instead of Wind Waker Link having a sword made out of shark's teeth or something.

No they didn't. Skyward Sword uses a different design. The difference is small, but it's still different.

In this instance, I don't want a new weapon. When you give japs a chance at something cool or new, they over design it until it's shitty, then throw a few more things on it

The shield was curved, and he looked out the side. Of course yeah fighting with a shield not between you and an enemy leaves you exposed.

That's why like why most great Greek heroes he killed her while he was invisible and she was sleeping.

>You don't want a sword to be flexible

It's a small change in the embossing, and the Triforce, but it's good either way. They could have went ahead and used the Ocarina shield, but it's focused on the bust and material of the shield in the later games.

look what flexibility gets you
it gets you DIED

the japanese katana is actually superior. What that gif shows is the failsafe mechanism added to insure no white piggu wields the power that can cut slabs of steel apart.
Katanas were used during WWII and there are reports of Samurai slicing tanks in half.

Katanas are made mostly out of iron which is as rigid a metal as any. Which is why it warps instead of resuming its own form Nevermind that that arming sword is braced at both end so it doesn't have to support the force applied to it without stressing a torque arm.

You can feel free to mock japan, but Nintendo has gone this long without putting Link into a gi and giving him a katana. I think they can manage to design a new hilt and maintain more than lipservice to quality control..

I had no idea that the Magical Sword was in Hyrule Warriors. It looks amazing along with the Magical Shield I presume.

Gilding wouldn't make it stronger (assuming no magic bullshit) but it wouldn't make it weaker, would it? The gilding itself is mostly just rice.

Maybe you're just paying them to do a proper sword upgrade instead of a half-assed one that you'll need to replace in a day.

Define "better-designed".

It's not a very sensible build, even if it looks cooler.

SS had breakable shields

Are you retarded?
Katanas are for swift strokes and slices.
You can't do that with a heavy european sword.

leave the swift strokes for your dick, if you want to kill, you need a real sword.

>agile samurai evades your slow ass sword strike and counterattacks with a swift slice

gg no re

I had a guide for MM that had a picture of the Razor Sword next to the details of how to get the Gilded Sword.

So I thought the Razor Sword design was the last one you got. Super lame that it was actually that weird gold and purple style.

don't start chat room battling me, guy. with a good sword comes good armor

>heavy armor to slow you down even more

>that resolution
Wew lad

It just won't matter, a katana isn't going to do shit against someone with a proper sword because they'll have proper armor
the katana hits, does nothing. the other sword guy would just have to chase the pussy jap down

Guys, guys, save it for For Honor

True.

But at least you can use that sword in Soul Calibur 2 too bad it's also shit there. And most ironically, the Fairy Sword is the best one for Link.

>I always thought this was kind of dumb to be honest

Agreed. The LttP sword upgrades were too straightforward.

The structure definitely uses TP's shape, but everything else like the design of the shield borrows more from Ocarina's version than TP.

The embossing of the Triforce is no longer there, the blade decals are absent below the Loftwing, and the blade decals near the top aren't as sharp and deranged as TP's. They follow a more similar shape to Ocarina's.

I actually really like how the Goddess sword evolves

Noble Sword would look real nice without the Master Sword hilt