This has been sitting in my steam library for years without me ever playing it

This has been sitting in my steam library for years without me ever playing it.

Can you tell me about it, Cred Forums? Is it worth giving it a go or should I just keep on ignoring it?

they fucked over the general population by making "prime", an arguably good measure to deter cheaters, unaccessable unless you've reached lvl 21 which takes a bit of time. you're going to be facing off against a whole bunch of cheaters.

It's an incredibly barebones tactical shooter. No vehicles, no prone or lean, no simulated projectiles, no unique equipment, small maps, only two game modes, basically blown of of the water by ARMA, Insurgency, even games like Battlefield. It's popular because its simplicity made it an easy-to-digest e-sport but it's not gratifying to play casually.

Pretty much this, I have a long history with the game and that's the only reason I play it.

It's fun to play the competitive, but it's WAY better if you play the competitive with a full team of friends and no randoms

Matches are long tho, 16 rounds to win, about an hour on average, so if your thing is quick matches it may not be your type of game

It's too hard. Only install if you like to spawn somewhere randomly on the map and then die in two seconds because you spawned with your back to someone.

Basically a "waiting to respawn" simulator.

Lmao

It's b8 right? right?

>playing deathmatch

>Only install if you like to spawn somewhere randomly on the map and then die in two seconds because you spawned with your back to someone.

>playing CS for deathmatch

All I really want is just a casual insta respawn deathmatch shooter that I can play on a piece of shit laptop.

What games can I get for this? That isn't dead.

im a 15+ year old player of the CS games, and I can tell you to steer the fuck clear of this mess.

literally play anything else

>Red Orchestra 2
>Battlefield 4
>Battlefield Bad Company 2
>Rainbow Six Siege
>Insurgency

seriously, pick anything other than this hot garbage. the only good thing about it are the kz_ and bhop_ maps on casual servers.

bf2142 revive

The barrier of reaching 21 is insane.

>recommending Siege
>liking the dogshit netcode that gets you killed because your body lags 2secs behind you

CS1.6

>not liking siege
>exaggerating the netcode issue

>That isn't dead

>a game needs 10 billion players to not be dead

Does ARMA still require 4 fucking buttons to transition between Standing/Crouch/Prone? Because shit like that is the reason ARMA is fucking garbage.

cs is a game that gets better and better the more you play it if you want to learn the game. dont let people like influence you, the game isnt inferior because it doesnt have all these "features". the mechanics alone give cs a depth and skill ceiling above any modern fps.

rainbow six siege is better

dropped it after 13 hours desu

>Global offensive is my first counter strike: the post

ARMA is more of a military sim, not a dumbed down shooter

been playing since 1.3