What does Cred Forums think about achievements and trophies?

What does Cred Forums think about achievements and trophies?

You do have some difficult ones, right user? Surely you aren't a casual?

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/AeonTheGentleman
psnprofiles.com/
playstationtrophies.org/game/sonic-unleashed/trophy/4080-Hard-Boiled.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're a fun thing if you don't take them too seriously and just treat them as acknowledgments from the game for doing some neat shit you thought of doing.

They're also really interesting to look at statistically, it's interesting how many people make it past the tutorial, let alone the final level.

My rarest.

I don't give a fuck.

This, it's cool seeing the achievements pop out for doing something you didn't expect to be an "achievement", and i couldn't care less about plats

Get the fuck outta here casual. The door's right over there.

>Mfw I won a ultra rare platinum without even trying

If the game is easy to Plat, I usually go for it. If its harder to Plat, I get whatever trophies I can get. I'm not much of a trophy hoarder but I get what I can get.

i was one of the first ~500 or so people to kill Laurence, the First Vicar in Bloodborne's DLC

but i don't have the autism for platinum achievements.

I like to do them after I've finished a game, especially if I like the game.

Sometimes it gets me to do things I wouldn't have done otherwise, like no upgrade runs or complete it in X time.

I'm indifferent. I don't seek them out but don't hate them.

It means jack shit when I can hack the system and upload entire trophy folders. I'm level 205 on PSN.

If I feel like I've done everything a game can offer me, I usually check out what the trophies suggest if I haven't already completed them by that time.

I get a little disappointed if a game doesn't have them. I enjoy challenges set out before me, or some creative names to achievements at the very least.

I have 7 in total mostly tekken ones, but i did work hard for the Resident evil remake platinum trophy... Pic related.

I cant tell if its a hard one to get or not though... Did i do good guise?

It depends on how much I like the game and how challenging the trophies achievements are. If it's a collect 100000000000 items I have no interest no matter how much I like the game. If there's a speedrun, I'm not going to try it. But if it's something that takes skill I'll try.

Am i cool

I completed portal 1 but only going through the blue portal

I love them to death.

Platinums are love, platinums are life!

It's a good game to play and worth the time to put into it, not particularly hard though.

Achievements should be either crazy and unknown to player (so he can't adjust his playstyle to get them, rather he'll get them if he plays around with game mechanics) or extremely hard to get (out of difficulty, not of the time needed to spend or something like that) and viewable.

just got 98% on FFVII

fucked up the barrett date trophy and cba going back through again

I don't really care much about them but I will try to get them on occasion if I really like the game.

I have 2 platinum trophies. One for Neptunia V and the other for VLR.

Also they should be private. No public jerking accounts to boost your ego. They shouldn't be stored outside player's computer/console or shown to anyone except player, unless he takes a screenshot and decides to brag about it on some forum, but then he'd come out as a fucking pussy.

I hear some people just get it in a minimum of 4 or 5 playthroughs... Nit me though... I got half the trophies and took a break for like 6 months, in the last 4 days leading up to me plattin' REmake i must have run through that mansion a total of 7 times... I was going slightly mad after two days of pressing once again immediatly after finishing a particular run.

I really don't know why this is so rare I loved this game and found it to be super easy. Trying to plat danganronpa now its grindy as fuck.

Respectable for sure.

The only games I never plat are fighting games because online and I suck at it.

Why would you want to lose that data?, Also trophies can make the player play the game for a lot more depending of his autism

terrible idea, kill yourself

OlliOlli 2?

>tfw you lost your passion for trophy hunting

MoH frontline actually

I know that feel. P4G, Hardcore Risette Fan. I've already gotten 2 playthroughs worth, 98% trophies, but I'm not going through all that again for at least a long while. Fun game, though.

nothing special

Damn. Closest to that I've gotten is World at War. Not as hard as everyone makes it out to be, but it is just as crazy. Playing "Hot Potato" with the grenades is always fun, until you get to Heart of the Reich and it's not worth it.

and everybody knows you're a cheater and you're removed from every trophy leaderboard

>You do have some difficult ones, right user?

I do

are you kidding me, World at War on Veteran is ridiculously difficult to the point where it's honestly unfair to the player.

Trophies are my main motivation for playing single player games these days.
Even if I have the game already, I will re-buy it if a remaster is released just to get the trophies.

this

it seems most of the rare trophies are more about grinding and reading guides instead of skill. i still try to get them to see as much as possible from what the game has to offer.

i got platinum in dark souls 3, furi, tropico 5 and gravity rush. next goals are mgsv tpp and bloodborne.

I don't care.

curious but how hard is the Furi plat?

what a unique opinion, bravo! so brave!

Not that hard.

There are ways to cheese the A/S ranks if you're particularly bad at videogames too which cuts the difficulty down considerably.

Still a nice plat to have since it's a sweet and short game.

I always play a game to like 95% completion and then quit. Most of the achievements I have left are for really easy shit like "wear a dress" or "die to a chicken" or some shit

most of them are story-related or some kind of extra task during a fight, which are all manageable. the s rank in furier difficulty and the speedrun time sound harsh but if you practice a bit it is not that hard indeed.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just brute-forced the whole plat in a week where I had nothing to do. Prone and sprint were my best friends. Pick off enemies until they ran out, call out the next wave, hide, rinse and repeat. Honestly, the best advice I could drum up is not to think of it like a Call of Duty game.

Granted, I still died a lot, but there's checkpoints everywhere, so it's just a matter of patience.

100% Cheevos don't mean anything

with PlayStation, the platinums make a 100% way more enjoyable.

Thank you

Achievements are great for giving you a reason to replay a game you enjoyed, but if they require you to do very boring/repetitive/artificially difficult they are a complete waste of time.

The best achievements are ones that challenge you to play the game a certain way e.g. a self imposed challenge.
For example, off the top of my head, in dead space 1 there was an achievement to do the whole game using only the plasma cutter which happened to be my favorite weapon and it was a thoroughly enjoyable challenge and reason to replay the game.

I'm not that bad at games. For action games (like Furi) I just need to get used to the controls

Here are my rarest trophies. Took me forever to get the OlliOlli 2 Plat -- but it was a lot of fun.

I go for some trophies and achievements but for the most part I don't mess with ones that will take more than a few hours. I've got 5 platinums and maybe a 2 or 3 games 1000/1000'd on Xbox. Never bothered with Steam achievements because they have no denomination.

>get platinum
>dlc comes out with new trophies
>some odd percentage number next to the platinum symbol

The infinite respawning enemies are what really get my nuts in a knot.

I've beaten almost every Cod on veteran except WaW. That first flamethrower mission destroyed my morale. I spent 45 minutes on 1 damn checkpoint at the end.

The grenade spam is also just so hard to avoid.

"You Will Not Survive" is right.

I don't care about trophies or achievements because I'm not twelve

Other way around buddy.

I am like the 7th person to get the plat according to that website. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten it even earlier if I played it on launch day, but I didnt start till day 2, and it has that play on 7 days trophy, so I could have gotten 24 hours prior, as that was my last trophy.

>100% Cheevos don't mean anything
No achievements or trophies mean anything, you idiot.

It's bait

I like trophies but only as something to show for all the time I wasted. I don't go hunting for the rarest trophies.

You just need to play it different. The way the AI works with infinite spawning enemies and grenade spam you basically need to constantly be advancing. Go to cover, kill an enemy or two, advance, repeat. If you stay in one spot you will be quickly overwhelmed

Platinum trophies are for patricians only my man.

Oh, sorry. Let me try again: I'm not twelve, so I don't care about trophies or achievements. There, is that somehow better?

I used to be a pretty big trophy hunter from 2008 to 2010 or so. Then I stopped because it was just unhealthy.

I still have unhealthy habits, but I'm glad I at least dropped this one.

You are embarassing yourself dude. Stop it.

hola redito

>that 1 damn checkpoint at the end
Thanks for reminding me of that shit.

Also, for grenade spam, I found it best to just find it and toss it if it's just one or two. They never think to cook them, so you've got 4 or 5 seconds guaranteed.

>>>/global/rules/2

Reddit detected!

t. can't get a platinum

None of those are difficult though.

We were only supposed to hate achievements/trophies when it was new and the normalfags were like "yoo bro cheevhos how cool!".

Now that only loser nerds care about them we have to like them. Get on with the times dumbos.

Ahh, the good old "none of those are actually hard" post.

Post your hardest stuff to compare them.

>None of those are difficult though.

confirmed for not playing the games

for example, Natural Doctrine will fuck up you bigtime. Plus the online is dead so no Platinum

>tfw finally getting the demon's souls trophy

Seriously, fuck world tendency and drop rates.

I agree, especially since DLC messes stuff up for achievements.

Sure thing buddy

Just got a plat in Dragon Quest Heroes. I wanted to kill myself getting the puff puff achievement

how the fuck did it get a 4/10 for difficulty?

What is wrong with this site?

Plat for Pride of Justice is a bitch since there aren't any english guides and the game has tons of missables which force you to play through entire campaigns again and the gameplay isn't entirely braindead since regular enemies do tons of damage.

stupid i don't care about them. i just play the video games for the game.

my biggest pain with Pride of Justice was filling out the in-game database. Some entries are one stage only where you need to have some people (like generic guys) attack bosses.

Had to play through the game like 8 times.

Coffin of the End has a similar trophy but the game is easier and by a 3rd run you get enough cash to max everything

I can't judge, because I don't know what he's going for next, but it does seem like a bunch of grinds all over the place. Maybe he could try for Wipeout HD or something.

let the tears flow my dude

I got the SMB plat too.

You got it a few weeks before me. Motherfucker.

Way too much to post an image, having a break before getting into drakengard 3
psnprofiles.com/AeonTheGentleman

any tips for super meat boy?

Blood for the nep god, skulls for the nep throne!

Btfo.

I have the Child of Eden plat too, it wasn't too hard desu. I was first place in the "Journey" leaderboard too, don't know if that's changed

Beat the harder stages first instead of going through the order.

Don't give up. You gotta have autistic determination for it

What is the second to last game in that list?

astabreed i think

>Implying any of those are hard

Where's the Necrodancer plat, my "hardcore" friend?

Fucking multiplayer trophies.

>friends are obsessed with getting platinum even in fps and fighting games
> I don't give a fuck about trophies and i'm always kicking their butts even at locals or playing better than them overall.
they are useless

Have finally stopped giving a fuck about them. Once you hacked a few grindy as fuck trophies you tend to stop caring

So long as I do the hardest thing in the game then i'm content with that (ex: getting the Big Boss title in MGS2)

>MGS2

Fuck dude, thats impressive. I've barely started the VR missions.

They add an extra layer of replayability to video games

Only for playstation cus platinums

>had a ps3 for a bit and didn't care
>get a ps4 and didn't care
>get a vita and love grinding trophies on vita
>can't get myself to get plats on ps4
>dont own ps3 anymore
>random games now plague my profile
oh well

Its rare because it has leaderboard trophies.

I'm always amazed at how low the "beat the game on any difficulty" achievement is on almost every game I've ever played is

there always seems to be "that part" in a game where the % just crashes as people just gave up

>tfw no GR:AW plat

I recently sped through most of my backlog and haven't trophy hunted in awhile.

I simply see them as part of the game and go for them if I want to, same as any part of any game. Some games I like enough or am bored enough to do everything in.

oh...

>He doesn't have a trophy with less than 1% rarity

Stop playing only AAA games for fucks sake

I've got the Street Fighter V platinum, beat that

What's your fastest plat?

59 minutes 59 seconds on ms pacman

2 days for Last Rebellion (15 hours in-game hours)

on the PSN some of my X-Com trophies are less than 1% but PSN Profiles has them over 1%

Wew lad

is getting platinum in gta v that hard or is it just the audience that doesn't care about the tropies?

You should always consider the PSN Profiles the "true" percentage since it's comparing against who kinda care compared to the rest of the world that plays the game once for 5 minutes and never play it again making the rarity go up.

Both. it's hard in the sense that's annoying and time consuming and it's a very mainstream game with millions of players who'll barely even beat the game.

PSN Profiles is a group of people(Not all) who actually bother hunting trophies. PSN itself just compares to anyone has the game at all. Hell, I'd argue PSN Trophy Leaders would give you an even better example than PSN Profiles on trophy hunters since it actually shows pretty easy games as easy and a bunch of people have the trophies whereas PSN Profiles would give those easy games like a 40% completion rate.

If I got the Platinum for the original X-Com it would be below 1%

but fuck Impossible mode

It's more time consuming than hard. There's nothing in it that is balls to the wall hard that you'll struggle with significantly, but it takes the piss with some of the trophies and how much time they take. Not using a guide for the collectables would probably take you literal hundreds of hours of scouring the map, and even with using a guide for those, you're looking at 100 - 200 hours anyway because all single player trophies + getting to Lv. 100 in GTA:O will add up to that easily.

That and it's popular and bought by normies who started it up once and never played again.

One of my favourite games personally.

The only time i try to plat a game is after I beat it. It gives me a reason to play the game again

I have a few

Yes, I did plat BF4 twice. I had a period of no internet and needed something to do

Post your trophy milestones. I would like to see those

>Everyone posting pics

Why don't you just post your profile? Are you scared or something?

because people don't usually care enough to open those, they prefer to just have a quick picture

My rarest
Rayman Legends

>GTAV

hory shet

nice The Last of Us platinum

that takes skill and dedication

Almost done with Street Fighter V, I just need 15000 Fight Money and i'm back to 100 % on every game (no hard game on my PS account though, my hardest100 % are on my Xbox account)

here ya go

I don't care for them.

Good luck with MGSV TPP. Just wrapped it up a week ago; thing's a pain, but so worth it.

>thing's a pain
A Phantom Pain?

>7.64%
>rare

From what I have seen, actually rare or difficult trophies drop below 2%. Truly rare are below 1% and impossible trophies are less than 0.1%, of which I have ten or so. 7.64% is extremely high percentage for a platinum and suggests barely anything out of the ordinary is required to get the platinum.

What websites are you guys using to show this?

I'd like to style on you real quick.

psnprofiles.com/

Are you talking about PSNP or the PS4 rarity? Because .1% is quite common on PS4 rarity, but .1% on PSNP is like Super Meat Boy plat, Crypt of the Necrodancer plat, SFV plat, "Is there anything you can't do?" levels of difficult and I highly doubt you have ten.

> Super Meat Boy plat, Crypt of the Necrodancer plat

Besides those what other plats are respectable and/or retarded hard?

Fight Night I assume.

I don't have any plats but i'm 70% on Diablo3, do i go for it ? I'm basically playing adventure mode when I could be powerleveling alt's or playing my hardcore character.

>Plat is 0.03%

What the fuck. What gives?

>tfw at 95% in Homefront 1
>the servers have shut down

At least my proudest was Black Ops 3, and that shit took me lots of hours.

I have a high end PC now but I still buy multiplats on ps4 for plats. Fuck I can't stop

>tfw i just use SAM to unlock multiplayer achievements

Cancer.

You can blame Microsoft and Valve for that.

Sony just added it to compete.

There is a trophy that requires you to become the best player in the multiplayer league, the best in the world, literally

It's actually just a giant insider ring of players trading, hogging, and buying belts. No skill required.

It doesn't bother me. I can remember implications people had dreamed up on Cred Forums when they were coming out with the last generation. Personally I like how trophies can prove whether or not some of your friends are bullshitting if they've accomplished something in a game or not. Would have been nice if Nintendo had provided some kind of trophy support.

Just like real life

>tfw you figure out an way to get the 'online' achievements you're missing by yourself

Is there any better feel for the autistic achievement hunter?

> How I Spent My Summer Vacation
nice.

care to explain?

I would say its pretty rare it not amazing but it takes some effort or skill.

>check out rarest steam achievements
>they're all plague knight stuff around 0.2% besides one valdis one

Did nobody fucking play plague knight? What a shame.

some games have you do co-op to get trophies but some can be gotten with local co-op

sadly Gat Outta Hell is not one of them

It depends of the game, on some games they´re a real challenge and in some they´re sooo stupid and a fucking waste of time.

>final fantasy 8- low level run
>"yeah sure I've been meaning to challenge myself like that one day"
>kill 10 000 enemies
>fuck that

If you were a real neptunia fan, you would plat Noire's game.

>tfw a game has easy trophies but has that one trophy that is literally nothing but a massive grind for no fucking reason

Surge Deluxe, I'm looking at you. 1 hour game/trophies except a shitty bronze trophy that adds 15-20 hours of playtime if you want the plat, devs need to be slapped for this sort of shit.

I'm not an achievement "hunter" as people like to call it, but I'll try to get a few if they seem entertaining to attempt. Personally, I think Xbox got it right by just having achievements give you a number of points tied to your account. I understand PSN's logic with Trophies since they gauge the difficulty of individual achievements, but it's much more satisfying seeing a single number represent your gaming history

Mine are pretty lame.

>tfw the vita version of Atelier Ayesha has the 4 optional bosses mandatory in order to get the plat.
I'll get back to it one day.

>Life is Strange
why user?

>not wanting to walk around as a hella gay highschool girl

cringe

Darkstalkers are dead.

I have like 14 plats on my old PSN account, my rarest probably being COD classic.

I don't think this is impresaive. MGRR isnt hard, and Monsoon really isn't that difficult.

I got 47 plats but these are my rarest trophies.

Rate how hardcore I am out of 10, lads.

Nobody say a damn thing.

I still have to finish it on 360.

>Buletta's loop
>Rikuo's Backdash Dash loop
>Donovan sword thing
>Morrigan/Lilith Astral combo

Rip Darkstalkers, fuck you Ono.

Anyone who can get Fish's trials isn't human.

Anywho, didn't Ono actually want to make a new Darkstalkers?

>Life is Strange
why user?

Don't get me wrong, I fucking hated it with a passion, but I can't shitpost about it with maximum efficiency unless I've played the entire thing. I can't see how anyone who's played Steins;Gate could possibly think Life is Strange is worth a damn.

Props for lightning returns. I hated finishing that

I always miss the last Stand Forward after the dash Jab. But I won't give up, I will have all the achievement one day, even if I have to lose the skin of my thumbs.

Yeah, Ono said that back in 2011 or 12 (I assume you have seen the Darkstalkers are not dead trailer, with Raptor and Demitri). Then, he teased us for a long time, with X Tekken trailer and shit. And after Resurrection, nothing.
The worst is that Ayano (or maybe someone else, I can't remember) said something recently about Rival Schools 3. And they obviously won't give it to us (I hope I'm wrong though, even if it's a playable character in SFV, I will be happy).

I ended up doing most of the game on easy after beating the game once

It was crazy beating a few regions before the first big event in the initial area

I'm a bit of a Plat whore, but I've gotten over it enough to not care if there's multiplayer required (which I pretty much never get, cause I don't have the time to get gud and beat the kids that play religiously).

Hardest one I've done is the Plat for Binding of Isaac. RPG, I think it is?

>sanic
ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

I don't have the ability to A rank everything...

>This is What You Are for Warframe has a 0.00% Ultra Rare status
Well, I know what I'm doing.

now get Sonic Unleashed's platinum

I live for trophies nigga

I'll look into it. Is it hard? Just finished Demon's Souls today, Dark Souls is next.

>Is it hard?
>he doesn't know

Oh you innocent bastard.

playstationtrophies.org/game/sonic-unleashed/trophy/4080-Hard-Boiled.html

Hotdogstand missions arent that hard if you know how to peform the easy to execute out of bounds glitch with weresonic.

I'm over 50% through Binding of Isaac's trophies, but I'm ready to give up with Hush.

I only have platinum for Bloodborne and Gravity Rush.

>Implying anything in life has a point

Hush is easy. I beat him for kicks all the time.

I knew someone would reply with that, but unless you get some kind of easymode item like gnawed leaf or ludovico, how do you dodge all those transient tears on top of the guys pouring out of his mouth? I don't even get hit once until that point. Do I really just need to git gud at the bullet hell madness, or what?

I have 3 dark souls 2&3 and bloodborne. The SMB plat is insane congrats to the people who have it.

The trascendant tears are easy as hell once you realise they come out in rows. Every individual volley has like 3 sweet spots where you can literally just stand still and be fine.

The only hard part comes right at the end where he fires those pillars you have to run from, and depending on what other attacks are on the field you may be unable to dodge.

Who else /1 hp/ here?

beat Uncharted 1 on Brutal, haven't gotten the stones to try #2 yet.

also recently got the platinum and all DLC trophies for The Evil Within, Akumu mode was a bitch but I finally made it through.

I'll have to watch a video and scrutinize those patterns for a sec. I know Ultra Greed was at one point impossible to me, and now I can usually beat him every time, so I still have a little hope.

How hard is the Muramasa plat? Planning to start it when I'm done with Atelier Meruru.

Not actually that bad as long as you abuse invincibility frames and use blades with good skills.

Good game, especially the dlc.

Here here.

It's really not that bad outside of the final bosses. The entire run on both sides is literally just spamming invincibility frame moves like Tempest over and over and over again. Dying in the field means nothing since you just immediately respawn in the same area, and the only tough challenges are the final one and the Tengu one(At least for me it was). Hell, the hardest part of both sides barring the special challenge was Momohime's final boss since the items dropping from the ceiling coupled with two bosses makes for a really angry time.

They are good if they aren't imposible to get, like "kill a game dev in an online match". Multiplayer cheevos are shit in general.

>0.77%
>rarest

you only playing the most casual of casual games?

I don't like that they replaced cheats and gimmick modes as a form of reward

at least you're playing video games user.

I bought a PC and just stopped playing games in general. I miss getting trophies.

fuckin this

2 is easier

look up the infinite ammo and 1 shot kill glitch

I have a platinum in:
Demons Souls
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 2 initial PS3 release
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin PS4 release
Dark Souls 3
Bloodbourne
Fuck I love those games.

I used to go for the ones that were difficult or took dedication, but i haven't really had time in a while, so I got some easier ones

I need to go through DaS3 and MGSV at some point

love em

>mp trophies