ITT: flawed masterpieces

ITT: flawed masterpieces.

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreedictionary.com/masterpiece
youtu.be/CLURZh8IysY?t=3m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All it needed was mod tools. If only Kojima truly knew how to give his game to the fans

Can't be a masterpiece of it's flawed.

If they did that, they wouldn't be able to sell you Metal Gear Survive.

a game that excels in some areas so much that it more than makes up for its flaws is a flawed masterpiece

MGSV is a failed masterpiece, not a flawed one.

A flawed one is EYE

See if you can work out what's wrong with your post. Here's something that might help:

thefreedictionary.com/masterpiece

Flawed masterpiece means it would be incredibly good, if not for some glaring flaws. MGSV is an unrivaled game in many aspects, but is too divisive among players and simply too different or ambitious for its own good. It's not unheard of, and it doesn't only apply to games.

>Something superlative of its kind

There. You just fucked yourself up.

All MGSV does will is gunplay. It's barely a stealth game, and the open-world aspect completely ruins it.

Something can be superlative without being perfect, faggot.

>pulling out the insults because you're proven wrong

here we go

We're wating for you to post some, OP.

Repetitive missions, repeating missions, empty world, underdeveloped bases to infiltrate, blind ai, abrupt unfinished story, cut content, poor story pacing especially in chapter 2, this is not a masterpiece. At least we get a zombie co-op game.

Nice rebuttal. Something can be superlative without being perfect, moron.

>Gunplay
>Movement
>Controls
>UI and Menus, accessibility
>Optimization
>Overall visuals, great PC port too
>Animations/motion capture
>Voice acting
>Cutscene direction/camera work
>Soundtrack and sound design in general

MGSV excells in all these, the budget shows in every moment of the game, there are no common bugs and the production value is possibly the best in the whole industry.

It wasn't without it's inherent flaws from V, but it's a damn good game regardless.
Lost of hype bosses, weapon arms and improved story mode among other things.

sure, go first OP

the gunplay is very generic tps shit, do you know what you're talking about?

no pc port

Better get a fucking PC port, I've been wanting to replay it for ages.

lived up to too much

Godhand.
Deadly Premonition.

Good taste

The Wonderful 101 is a perfect example. Dripping with character, great soundtrack, amazing combat system and surprisingly engaging writing.

Everything else blows chunks.

Would a pc port really benefit it, like dragon's dogma?

More like piece of a masterpiece. Like if the mona lisa only had the half from the neck down.

>would a shooting game be better on PC

Thanks man, really helps with my cimplex of constantly craving approval from strangers on the internet

Excellent post, keep it up, you're great.

>Overall visuals

Looked like shit because of the shitty open-world. Had the game had more interiors, it would've looked spectacular.

In general you're giving the game way too much credit. For example, the motion capture and voice acting was nothing special, and the UI/Menu was consolized garbage.

lolwut the voice acting was garbage

It looked pretty bad when looking at details or zooming in on textures, but overall it was great photo-realism. Also, the game looks this way not because of the oh so dreaded open-world. It is because for some foolish reason Konami demanded the game was made for PS3 and XBOX 360. In that regard it is impressive they managed to make the game work at all.

Show me a game with better voice acting, no weeaboo shit that no one can understand. Not talking shit, genuinely curious to see a video game with higher standards.
youtu.be/CLURZh8IysY?t=3m28s

>Show me a game with better voice acting

The Last of Us

The voice acting and soundwork is the only thing that game excels at.

so fucking hammy and over-the-top

an example of overacting

only people with kojima's dick in their mouths could defend that

Good thinking, Joel was exceptional, Nolan North's character too, and I liked that they made sure dialogue sounded natural, rather than making it overly dramatic.

It's the other way around.

MGSV actually did well, and EYE is a poorly executed clusterfuck.

why does everyone like this
it makes no sense

>hammy and over-the-top

honestly that's what i love about mgs

i hate vidya that takes itself too seriously

the voice acting just goes a tad overboard in V

huey and ocelot especially

Can't expect too much from a video game I guess. Kaz always sounds too angry, Ocelot doesn't sound quite right at times, but Based Kiefer is still perfect.

exactly

Kiefer was terrible in the opening of Ground Zeroes.

And, overall, Hayter circa MGS1 and 2 shits all over him.

It's brilliantly absurd in every aspect with gameplay hilariously broken that it comes off as charming.

Hayter shits on no one but himself, nostalgia is a powerful thing user.

>Based Kiefer is still perfect.

Are you serious?

He sounds asleep and still kinda drunk the entire game. Slurs and mumbled most of his lines. Just wants his paycheck so he can go get wasted again.

At least Hayter put effort into it. Raped his throat for 4.

and when I say flawed, I mean that the game looks like it has so much fucking potential and the concept is amazing but I don't want to play it as the controls, gameplay is absolutely horrid.

It literally has nothing to do with nostalgia, Hayter's voice acting is fucking iconic in 1 and 2. Keep pulling more shit out of your ass, it's amusing.

>slice of american pie on communist soil.... nice
Hilarious.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a non-slurry-mumbling Kiefer, it's just his voice of perpetual drunkness, and it suits Big Boss better than Hayter has ever suited anything in his life.

The roleplaying gameplay for the most part is good. It's just the combat that is awful.

>rich evens spending an hour shitting on the game and it's fans before even playing it

I can't watch RLM anymore.

The writing, world building and general atmosphere in this game is unparalleled, like it was caught between the golden age where people gave a fuck about their work and the modern day where it's possible to have good presentation in 3D games. Shame it has to be so unbelievably broken, it's hardly even finished.

probably one of the bigger mistakes the series made was having big boss look and act just like solid snake from metal gear solid 2. thank god they finally went with another voice at least

still one of the best games ever.

>tfw we'll never get a Snake Eater remake in Fox Engine

Yet EYE is actually a good game

>this turd
>flawed masterpiece

pick one

It'll be fixed eventually.

Snatcher: Kojima game, originally released in 1988 with 2 chapters and no proper ending. 4 years later updated releases had a chapter 3 with a proper ending.

Phantom Pain: Kojima game, originally released in 2015 with 2 chapters and no proper ending. ___ years later...???

wanting remakes please stop this shit, either make another installment or make a fucking new ip

it will never happen

if it does i'll eat my own dick

Didn't say it wasn't, but it just tried to shove too much shit into too small a package.