What is the worst plot twist in gaming?

What is the worst plot twist in gaming?

The ending

Vergil In DMC: DMC

The one in Ace Attorney. You know, THAT one.

> IS A MMORPG BRO

Assassin's Creed 2

I don't know which one you're referring to

?

Metal Gear Solid V

Do you rike it?

Thank you for being part of my team and helping us....roach.

But now I have to kill you and your best friend for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Mass Effect 3

>being this stupid

You didn't follow orders which caused a shit ton of consequences. Jesus Christ you think launching a Russian EMP to US Soil isn't going to do anything?

That isn't what happened. Sheperd killed you for no reason.

>Thank you Steve Rambo. You have truly given I, Danny Chance, the comradery of being in a 『 boy band』.

What a great masterpiece of a film.

Boy Band Catalina is pure kino.

Rubber bullets

What were they thinking.

The strangest part about this is the fact that a guy in a wheelchair can somehow hit the guy without having the bust bang up against the wall. The art makes it clearly a foot away from the wall.

they said he planned it all out, so he must have accounted for that kinda shit, who knows

>no reason
He wanted the credit for taking the Intel and thus capturing Makarov.

He alludes to this with his "Five years ago" speech at the end of the game.

Might be Star Ocean 3, which amazingly invalidates every game before and after it, rendering the series pointless.

Unless you just ignore its existence.

nice, a zelda game where you don't fight ganon for once

oh

It wasn't the worst, it was just terribly executed. Literally appears out of nowhere with no lead-up or warning. The foreshadowing is also subtle so it can only be recognised on a second playthrough.

It's so telegraphed that we knew from the paid demo that he was the medic

Looks like an Alternative Oni Akuma color.

LA Noire, when the incorruptible cop suddenly becomes a magnet of sin

Rubber Bullets

>suddenly

Maybe you should've paid attention. He was always flawed.

Came her for this.

I'm STILL enraged.

End of KotOR2

Who even plays those games for the plot anyway

Yeah, but the goodbye sausage theory was posted more, so there

zero time dilemma - mind hack
shadow of colossus - turning in to a baby
remember me - finding out who edge is
the last of us - the ending making the story feel pointless

>Cover version of The Man Who Sold the World playing at the start
They blew their load way too early with that twist

How has no one posted this yet? Too on the nose?

Bioshock Infinite.

Wow, I had no idea Ganon was in Minish Cap.

Such amazing observation skills user, just how did you do it?!

RUBBER

along with the "deleter" plotline that gets resolved off-screen

Who was the genius that came up with the rip the skin line.

taking all the good ones here

The foreshadowing was so obvious that the threads here had it figured out before the game was released.

although not really a twist, the choice you make in radiata stories was really unexpected for me

There is no plot twist at the end of KotOR2.

Nobody ever mentions xenoblade, shit.

No foreshadowing, no hints, no reason to suspect it's anything other than a typical fantasy world, then hits you with the fucking mad scientists creating worlds at the end. Oh and that mysterious fucker is a super computer why not.

Super Joe suddenly being a villain was the shittier twist. the "truth" behind Bionics and the game making spencer die from the fall when it was already established that heights can't kill him were just icing on the cake of how laughable games are when they try to take themselves too seriously

The fact that it was predicted like a year before hand is what hurts the most. It was that obvious

>GDC 2013 trailer
>Starts with Big Boss unconscious on a hospital bed without any horn.
>Miller points to a third patient in the room.
>"What about him?"

It turns out the entire game series takes place in an MMORPG and that the main enemy is literally Admin Abuse.

Didn't finish MGSV. No idea what the twist is. Fill me in?

In before some dumb faggot posts Necron

It's more apt to say that the entire universe has been created by humans who reached such a level of technology they are literally gods and pass the time by playing in the heads of the beings they created.
It's pretty cool.

>The foreshadowing is also subtle
The first mission is you being led out of a hospital by a man voiced by Kiefer Sutherland.

I just don't know, Mr. Whiskers...

You're not Big Boss, you're a body double

Saw that coming from GZ

I didn't mind the end in itself. MGS has always being a cluster fuck of complete madness. I did mind everything coming up to it though. The entire plot was dead. It was just boring and weirdly restrained for the entire run. Very un-mgs. It was weird. The ending was the only MGS like thing in it, and even that was pretty ham fisted in its delivery.
>Oh, btw, you the player were big boss all along. K, bye ;)

The conclusion of Soul Reaver 2 was stupid.
>Causality paradox by killing yourself.
>Retarded coin analogy about defying fate turns out to be meaningless in the next game despite spending 2 games to build it up.

oh god THIS

And real demons are 4d beings also.

>eternal sonata
>its all a dream
>this is revealed in the first hour
>gane expects you to keep playing even though it establishd nothing matters

>chronologically first in timeline
>not about ganon

maybe you're just a dumbass

RUBBER BULLETS is pretty up there in terms of retardation.

That boss fight was pretty fun though.

Yakuza games are king for really shitty plot twists for the sake of cheap drama. 3 onwards just goes absolute full retard

OR IS THERE?!?!

what was the choice? i havent played that game in forever

nah you love it. you LOVE it.

No, not really.

no, there isnt....youre right.

the intel on makarov they found would likely reveal how he worked with him.

and with that, he'd be fucked since he let a super dangerous terrorist use an EMP to fuck up america and even disabled early warning defenses, all which led to an INVASION OF AMERICA.

shepard did all of that so he could then go "SEE I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU NEEDED TO LISTEN TO ME!" and then he'd be given a blank check to do whatever the fuck he wanted which was a full war with russia and decimation of their middle eastern allies.

because he wanted to be a hero and write history, and because he wanted revenge.

>I hope you liked doing all the postgame sidequests!
>By the way, this minor character is actually a super-powerful extradimensional being from a higher plane of existence that wasn't even hinted at during the main game

>be young user
>have to deal with this scrub through the whole game
>every single time he loses because his mons are complete garbage
>after much effort finally reach the pokemon league
>expect the retard to come back
>he doesn't though
>just assume he commited sudoku or something
>oh well, back to fun
>that whole segment building up hype and fear
>you're about to fight the greatest of the greatest
>elite 4 doesn't fuck around and are an actual challenge compared to gym leaders
>through your whole journey you heard about a champion, someone stronger than the elite 4 themselves
>keep thinking its gonna be someone really cool like Oak, Giovanni or maybe even the player's dad
>instead get fucking this

How in the name of fuck did this moron got there? His fucking Rhydon still had leer for fucks sake

kek

How did you not see that coming? The "regular guy that keeps popping up to help you is actually central to the plot" thing has been done dozens of time.

SECRET

TWIN

BROTHER

CIA

ASSASSIN

ELIZABETH IS UR DAUGHTERFU

Wow noone could've seen that coming from a mile away

I knew he was important, but the whole Angels thing was stupid.

This game pulled it off pretty well.

Man that game was weird. At least it had good music

ur stupid

Eternal Sonata made me feel really gay because I was genuinely interested in all the romance subplots going on

Yeah it was pretty lazy.
Like the poor's man version of the raiden plot twist.

The fact that the gate at Styx exist, and the way they handled them going into 4D sdpace might actually "not" invalidate the series. What can we speculate from SO5? Clearly Emerson knew what that place was in the Signesilica, which seems to be Styx all over again.

what did you expect from a layton game

every single layton ending is complete and absolute bullshit with the arguably exception of miracle mask where the twist is that the town can rise 15 feet because of ancient shit

TLOU and SOTC's endings weren't that bad

didn't all the main characters (aka MMO characters) break out of the game and then murder the fuck out of all the admins or some shit?

it was really retarded

>no reason to suspect it's anything other than a typical fantasy world
the developer

>games opening and beginning shows promise of space exploration
>game is 2 discs long and you spend 75% of it stuck on a primitive planet

I came here to say that. Only less mean

that is unfortunately all the Star Ocean games in a nutshell

i hope you like medieval planets

>Typical fantasy world
>When you having mechanical robots that invade the Bionis and people use rifles.

GLaDOS is your mom

no shes not

>that shit textures
wew

About halfway through the game, you have to choose whether to side with the humans or non-human races. Siding with the non-humans will save Ridley Silverlake but put you at odds with an entire kingdom. Not that it matters, since the plot condemns her to a terrible fate even if you save her.

I can't say I'm a fan of this. It kind of ruined Ganon/Ganondorf to me. At first, it always seemed like he terrorized Hyrule of his own volition, and with this retcon, he practically has no will of his own since now he's just boringly intrinsically evil. I mean, Ganondorf was never all that deep of a character, Wind Waker aside, but you always felt like he obtained the Triforce of Power because he was just THAT badass, not because he was the hatred of Hyrule Satan reborn.

Also fuck this bullshit right here. Goddammit, Sakamoto.

bump

Would you kindly fuck off with stupid threads like these?