Alright guys so I'm looking to buy a controller to play some emulators and maybe play some shit like Dark Souls with...

Alright guys so I'm looking to buy a controller to play some emulators and maybe play some shit like Dark Souls with later down the line. Which one of these would be better?

The down press on my xbone pad has always been fucked since day 1, I've never really used DS4

by fucked I mean that I need to press hard. It will click down and not register if I press too lightly

Xbox has better support. Most games use their buttons as icons.

PS4 feels better in hand. Is the best controller to date.

I got the same question a month ago, went with an xbone bundle at under 50 eurobucks.

Worked as soon as i plugged it in. It just werks in windows no question asked.

I prefer the PS4, although you'll need third party drivers for XInput. Xbone is nice, though, too, but my first controller had issue and wouldn't install the drivers in win7. Second one works just fine, I just prefer how the PS4 feels.

Really both are solid and either or is kind of whatever at this point. Just choose one.

PS4 is much better but its a pain in the ass to set it up for PC

i got softbanned form DS2 because i used the drivers for PS4 to fucking work

why doesnt FUCKING SONY release official drivers for it?

>its a pain in the ass to set it up for PC
>Download DS4Windows
>Plug in
>werks

not on all emulators
not on all games

PS4 is better
xbone is easier to set up and doesnt require any extra programs

>im incompetent so I'll blame sony!

just use a 360 controller . they're pretty cheap. If you want to use the new ones us the ds4. i've had some issues with the xbone ones

try getting it to work in Retroarch faggot

its a fucking pain in the ass

>not on all emulators
Works fine in Retroarch, Dolphin, and PCSX2, unless you're using some obscure shit.

>not on all games
As long as they use XInput they should be fine, and you can set up DInput exclusive profiles for older games that only do DInput.

are you actually retarded

>hurr why doesn't my 3rd party DS4 driver work with even shittier other 3rd party software!?!?!?

>why doesn't my 3rd party DS4 driver work
but it does work
that guy is just fucking stupid
retroarch detects it just fine as an xinput controller with ds4windows

i might be, still doesnt change the fact that i cant make the analogs work in retroarch

the directions are fucked up and i dont know why, i push left it goes up

>3rd party software

isn't everything not made by microsoft a " 3rd party software"
what drugs are you smoking?

Dunno. I've never even heard of it because I don't play emulators. But I'd assume it's his fault either way.

>i push left it goes up
what the hell user. are your axis's mapped wrong in the emulator and/or ds4windows?

nope

i works fine in other game, but fuck me im gonna do a complete reformat of windows tomorrow and i hope it will be fixed then

Dualshock 4, especially if you're using it for emulation. Works great, feels great, and I use the touchpad button to bring up the Retroarch menu.

Do you have Hide DS4 Controller enabled in the settings of DS4Windows? By default, it enables both the normal DirectInput controller and Xinput, so for things that do both, it could be reading both inputs at once. I know that was an issue in one of the souls games for me. Hide DS4 Controller just disables the DirectInput, leaving only XInput mappings.

hmm that might be it, but im drunk as fuck now and i will be trying this tomorrow

i copy pasted your post into notepad so i dont forget, thanks user

Emulating what? Primarily 2D games, DS4. 3D, Xbone or 360. Both equally, flip a coin.

this

if you try to play 2D games you need a good dpad and the DS4 has the best dpad

I was referring more to the position of the dpad. Wii U Pro has the best dpad but it's not in an ideal place for 2D games, like Xbone.

>Wii U Pro pad
does it even work on PC?

People have used it but I don't have the specifics of compatibility since I haven't tried myself.

Xbone controller is superior for PC play. Also works better with the games without you having to recalibrate any buttons, though that is a minor issue overall. I also like that the cord is basically a regular USB cord so if it would get fucked for some reason, it's very easy to replace. And the cord is one of the more annoying parts of a controller to repair otherwise - Everything else can be fixed quite easily without special equipment or fancy tools.

DualShock 4 is the best.