>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udEOmS6iuZ8&ab_channel=Oroboro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like dork souls AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I like when you fight the giant knight with the storm sword

At least it was a billion trillion times better than 2 in every single possible way.

Not even a boss fight.

Wrong.

DS2 had stamina management and countless forked paths.
DS3 has R1 mashing and roll spamming.

Easily the worst in the series.

Literally just beat Yhorm, and my summon beat the shit out of him with the storm sword. I kinda felt bad honestly.

I thought it was? Didn't he have a health bar at the bottom? It's the one where you grab the sword next to his big chair in the back of the room, there was like treasure and stuff all over the ground

Oh look this thread again

He basically gets one shot by the sword because it stunlocks him every time.
Once you get one hit on him, the "fight" is over.

Even BoC wasn't such a joke.

>shortest game
so you've never played DeS?

"DS3 will be a return to form"

what is stunlock again? like when he falls down?

I'm not reading all that shit, but I agree.

FUCK I CANT BEAT THE GUY RIDING ON A DRAGON

I don't play old shit

blame bloodborne. Its map is essentially the same

this franchise is a joke, what kind of losers would even buy a dark souls game?

This thread was here yesterday stop

No, BB is more complex world map and has zero joke bosses like Yhorm, Wyvern and Wolnir.
Also more bosses in total in the vanilla version: 26 vs DS3's 19.

And it was the first game on their new engine, DS3 has zero excuses for not even having half the shit DS1 and DS2 have.

Is this a shitpost thread? Gaf talks about them all the time but I'm never not sure

The levels themselves are the best in the series imo. Sure it isn't as interconnected as DaS1, but neither was 2.

What I hated about this game is how boring the levels are. Graveyard, castle, village, swamp, castle, swamp, underground, castle... What the hell, man.

>the dark souls audience

hey op, you forgot
>tombstones

DS2 also had deadzones and shit camera controls which made the game thoroughly unenjoyable to actually play. If your core gameplay is shit, then your game is shit, period.

2 still had a few areas that looped back on other areas, just way less than 1
3 has zero

3 also never has a 3 way fork in the road, just 2 2 way forks.

tl;dr I hope you're complaining about eating my carthus curved somewhere in there

>tombstones
>not choomstones
Miyazaki is such a fucking hack

>opinions

god why can't they be like dark souls every time

the map was what made it legendary.

fuck from software and fuck video game business tactics

at least you upgraded from "unplayable" to "thoroughly unenjoyable"
you're still a faggot

The R1 spam is the worst part. There is literally no reason to do anything except pick up the same generic rehashed weapons (like the halberd) and then r1 spamming because the new enemies are sped up, while your moveset is the exact fucking same

DS2 controls were better than 1, being able to roll in any direction while locked on ruined DS1 for me, it's clunky as fuck if you lock on

>If your core gameplay is shit, then your game is shit, period.

Completely agreed, but if you want to bring up core gameplay let's look at what pretty much makes 80% of DS1 and DS2 combat: stamina management, something that's a non-issue in DS3 unless you use an UGS.

DS3 is a casual mashfest and proper positioning, timing, healing windows, attack windows, stamina management are an optional for 70% of the game, basically until you reach Lothric Castle and beyond bosses + Namless.

The movesets are faster than in previous games.
Just not enough to compensate. And if you just speed things up the netplay suffers.

Not to mention most of the bosses are bipedal sword wielding things with crowns. Completely unoriginal

Not every person likes casualized mechanics and dodge spamfests like ds3, some people actually like more balance and mechanics that have some thought put into them.

>thinking it's acceptable for a modern 3D action game to only have a few directions to walk in when fucking SM64 had full 360 degree movement in 1996

And all of them are brown and grey!

Of course the DLC won't save it, but it will give us more of the most well done boss fights and (hopefully) enemy encounters put together in the franchise.

Bloodborne will still be the best in the end, unfortunately since it's a sub 30 fps console exclusive.

Yeah, no. BB has the highest amount of optional area in the series.

>thinking you're not a shit eating miyazaki fanboy
lmaoing on the floor

And it's still my favourite Souls game after Bloodborne.

Oh, whoops. You wanted to jerk off over [your first Souls game] being better than the rest because it was your first experience to the series right? They all have different flaws, none are exceptionally better than the rest.

Even Demon's Souls - the least mechanically sound Souls game - survives on it's unbeatable atmosphere and solid story.

DS2 has 360 directions as well, the "dead zones" are a meme
Also 5 walking speeds depending on the stick tilt

>muh atmosphere

>the "dead zones" are a meme

Yes, the feeling you get from the look and sounds of an area and how formidable the enemies are definitely contribute to 'fun' for me. I am sorry you can't understand because you're busy treating souls games like a pvp arena.

DS3 is easily the black sheep of the franchise though considering how much it streamlines things to the point that all builds feels the same
It's literally the Bioshock Infinite of the Souls series.

>Of course the DLC won't save it

and yet the DaS2 fanboys say that DLC saved their shitty game

and DaS3 > DaS2

It's "literally" not. The only flaw is they made enemies Bloodborne-fast and didn't make any of the weapons with that in mind. I'm out, I'm done arguing with exaggerating people like you.

mechanics>atmosphere
pvp>pve

Not really fun when you beat half the game in 5 deaths because rolling gives you soo many iframes and also costs 5% stamina.

Atmosphere is not an objective metric and therefor should not be taken into account whatsoever when judging the quality of a game. It's a meaningless buzzword, like "fun".

The game is already too easy, making player weapons any faster would ruin what little Dark Souls this game even has in it.

>pvp>pve
That exact opinion is how I know you don't genuinely enjoy the series, you only play to face other people.
The fact you'd be happy if the game was just one big PVP focused medieval fighting game infuriates me.

DS2 DLC still sucked in terms of level design and enemy encounters, but it provided some of the best boss fights around much like how the Artorias and Old Hunters DLC packs did.

Shulva and Burme Tower had godly level design, only Eleum Loyce was kinda meh.

It genuinely makes me mildly perturbed when people say Dark Souls II is anything but the worst in the series. You subhuman piles of sludge honestly don't belong on this fucking planet.

vanilla DS2 > vanilla DS3

And yet DS2 is continued to be played to this day while DS3 fades like the fire it fetishizes. Which one was the stronger game, hmm?

PvP has been one of the most important aspects to Souls games enduring popularity. It's why they're so memorable.

That fight was a huge homage to Demon's Souls.

Whats weird about this webm is that I totally didn't notice any dead zonesafter like 500 hours of ds2. I'm almost inclined to reinstall just to test it about but I probably can't be fucked. Are you sure that whoever made this didn't just have a shitty controller/bad mapping software?

How dare people care about the core slow and tactical gameplay that made DS1 amazing, right?

Here's what DS2 does that completely shits on DS3:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instant meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character, it mostly guards against rapier and straight sword spammers

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Can only perform 4-5 rolls before running out of stamina, unlike 10+ in DS3

>Can only perform 6-7 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina, unlike 12+ in DS3

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

Btfo

>you only play to face other people.
No no, I don't play to face other people, I play to grief them.

>PvP has been one of the most important aspects to Souls games enduring popularity.
Fuck you.

To bad it turned out to be the most garbage and underwhelming moment in the game.

All of that can be summed up with

>muh pvp

I mainly blame the fact it's not like Demon's Souls where you pull the swords out of the ground (really don't know why they chose to stop doing that, it felt like you were really getting a legendary weapon.)

which dynasty warriors is this

It's much shittier than you think. ALL damage from everything was "normalized" for PvP, so mashing on R1 with a Carthus Memesword does as much damage as carefully landing good hits with your ultra greatsword while taking more work to actually land. That's why no one uses big slow weapons anymore outside of ganks. They are fucking useless and there's no reason to use them at all.

Same for magic and faith. A good hit with Lightning Stake (2 hits) with about 60 to 70 Faith investment grants you anywhere from 700 to 800 damage, almost reaching 900. Meanwhile, other faster weapons can reach that in their normal guaranteed 2-hit stunlock, or get close to it while keeping you safe due to their speed. Investing in that much Faith grants you an additional 200 damage to a regular 2-hit stunlock, but it's only IF you hit anyone with it.

In other words, this game fucking sucks and fuck the programmers for being this goddamn retarded. The spells shouldn't one-shot people but come the fuck on, a bit of damage increase for having 60 fucking points into an already useless stat? They can take the DLC and shove it up their fucking ass. Boring cunts.

>ds2 is out
>most of Cred Forums shits on it constantly
>ds3 comes out
>suddenly ds2 is godly
Delete Cred Forums

No, infinite rolls make PvE a joke as well.

Nioh - samurai souls

That's a pretty stupid statement considering that most of the hardcore audience who's been around since DeS or DaS 1 spend more time in pvp then pve.

I blame the fact that it wasn't a boss fight but just a dumb meme moment.

They could've made the sword break his armor (but it also breaks) and make him vulnerable to normal attacks instead of just destroying him in a few hits.

Like Seath's Crystal.

>0 joke bosses in bb

Got gud young lady

>And yet DS2 is continued to be played to this day while DS3 fades like the fire it fetishizes
que?

DS3 never has a 3 way fork, nice try.

Where's the bloodborne map?

I've just returned to the game since Week 2 of release as i've been busy playing other games.
I've got as far as killing the 'Deacons of the Deep'.

What am i in for?

DS2 had 18K players around the time before the first DLC launched, DS3 has 3 times less.

If the DLCs aren't amazing 11/10, this game will have 1000K player average in a year.

This is what allowing the player to warp from the get go has done to the series.

It's barely an accurate depiction anyway because it doesn't account for backtracking to previous areas like Lothric Castle.

Name one.

>just a dumb meme moment.
But then you'd complain it's "another giant dude with a sword" fight, so they instead focused on making it a callback by giving you a unique sword with a cool wind-slash attack to feel like an equal fighting a giant.
And then you fags swagger up and complain it's not the same as all the fights in dark souls 2.

Are you telling me you think this is 2's fault?

Why are you still posting this in /vg/ and Cred Forums

hemwick witches

Man, I sure wish I could play Bloodborne, the setting seems really interesting.

Maybe 20 years from now we can emulate it.

I think allowing the player to warp from the start of the game was a mistake if what you're asking.

Let's look at the facts.

>Dark Souls falls apart as soon as you get the Lordvessel and can warp to the final areas
>Dark Souls 2 never felt as tight as the first few areas of Dark Souls
>Likewise for 3

Warping was a mistake.

No, I wouldn't.
Big guys with swords are literally the only good bosses in DS3: Champ, Poz Princes, Namless, Cinder, Dragonslayer Armor.

You'd be right if it was the one witch.
That fight is probably the best version of Pinwheel From has made, and the way it can paralyze and get you one shot by the ash monsters can make it hard if you don't grind for a +6 weapon.

The issue of not allowing warping means you inevitably backtrack through old areas which means facing enemies that are too easy, unless you add scaling which comes with its own fun issues.

And you have plenty of those, so fucking deal with a bit of creativity once in a while. It's a break from the norm, not every single fight has to be "Super badass showdown with orchestral sountrack just you vs. this big guy", sometimes it's okay to have a tool specifically designed to assist you. It's a classic adventurer's thing.

What if the interconnectedness of Lordran was a mistake that just happened as development went on, and it was always meant to be designed with warping in mind? I think this would explain why none of the other Souls games have the looping around to the "safe area" like with Firelink.

What is that ??? place?

sun light alter

>is actually more than half a game

Ah, I see it now. Are there any maps like this of the other games?

Yes, DaS2 was designed with warping in mind from the start. It's why areas have entrances but don't loop back around to the safe zone, which makes everything feel very disconnected.

It was always really neat to end up back in Firelink after completing a different area. Remember the joy of finding the elevator shortcut at the church where the gargoyles were?

i havent found any others unfortunetly

I liked Dark Souls 3. Much better than Dark Souls 2 imo. I loved 1 best simply because of the poise system. Poise in Das3 is trash. Really no reason to make a super heavy build other than looks and looks alone honestly. You're better off running a light-medium set, popping on Ring of Steel Defense. Same stats as if you were wearing full heavy armor.

Creativity is fine, but if I don't get to actually fight the boss, it's fucking garbage design.
Pressing a button to stunlock the "boss" and kill him in 5 hits isn't good.

You can have a gimmick or nostalgia callback but not make it end the fight right there: see Executioner's Chariot, Kalameet, Seath, Nito.

If these were DS3 bosses, Chariot would die the moment it crashes in the gate, Kalameet dies in the Hawkeye Gough cutscene, Seath dies the moment you break his crystal, Nito gets 1 shot if you use a devine weapon on him.

100% unique and creative, 10/10 bosses, right?

>can't be loli swordsman
Into the trash.

>it's another DS2 cuck episode

Technically you can beat Yorhm without the special sword. His head takes full damage. That or you can do full stupid hit the boss until he dies 3 hours later.

But I agree. Gimmick fights are trash.

> being a pedo
into hansen vs predator you go

Celestial emissary

You now have 2, I'll keep going...that's why I'm saying you need to play the game before talking out of your butt. Kek

>not playing the best Souls game

Your opinion is officially not relevant.

He can be done like that with magic, or arrows but it's just dumb and his moveset is center around fucking you over when you charge the sword, he'd need a complete rework on his moves to even be a fun boss, regardless of damage taken with normal weapons.

>witches gave me a hard time
>had to grind
>grind in bloodborne

Just wow

Literal clone

None of those are a joke that get 3 shot like Wolnir or Yhorm, or 1 shot plunged like Wyvern.
They're not good, they're simply mediocre.

DS3's puzzle bosses literally insulting with dumb "hit the glowing weak point for massive damage" mechanics.

I've been saying its shit but no one listened because PCucks were trying to make it as if it were better then Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is better and you faggots will never ever get to play it. Stop hyping this piece of shit already faggots.

DeS is a fantastic game, but a 5/10 souls game.

>LET ME GUESS...
>GRITTY HERO
>POST APOCALYPTIC WASTELAND...
>TINTED BOWN AND GARY?

>nono 1 of my points also maybe applies to PvE

>DS2 also had deadzones and shit camera controls which made the game thoroughly unenjoyable to actually play

Neither of which affect the bulk of actual gameplay, unlike the way DS1's lock-on creates roll 'deadzones'.

Ill give you one more: micolash

I'm not saying ds3 has better bosses, I'm just pointing out that both games have their share of junk bosses

>None of those are a joke that get 3 shot like Wolnir or Yhorm,

those bosses dont get 3 shot, starting to think you didnt even play the game

The franchise's #1 core combat mechanic is stamina management.

>but it's just dumb and his moveset is center around fucking you over when you charge the sword
Oh... I see where this is coming from.
You can dodge out of the sword charge man. Eventually he'll stop swinging long enough for you to fully charge. Then you continue dodging until he's exhausted again and then you can swing. While he's recovering, start charging again.

So basically, from this thread I've determined that if you play for PVP, you prefer DS2 and if you like PVE, you like DS3.

Wolnir gets 3 shot with a charged attack from a claymore or bigger weapon to each bracelet.
Yhorm gets 5 shot by the meme sword but each shot stuns him, defectively making it a 1 drawn out one shot joke.

Sounds accurate.

Nope, DS2 does both better.

>that most of the hardcore audience

You mean the cancer? Because that's what Souls PvP is. Cancer. If that's why you stayed with the series, you're part of what made it really shitty. The PvP was like a fun side-show, but of course since we haven't cured autism yet, it turned into elite-mlg-hardcore-pro-dudeweedlmao420 bullshit.

They fixed Yhorm to make him far more aggressive and changed the charge on the storm bringer to take much more time. He can actually fuck over Siegward pretty effectively now as of the latest patch and will if you don't intervene.

>the elevator shortcut at the church where the gargoyles were
the what?

>He can actually fuck over Siegward pretty effectively now as of the latest patch
When the game just came out, I went into the Yhorm fight with Siegward, ran to get the stormbringer, turned around and Siegward was dead. Then I died trying to equip the sword ASAP. It was easily the most disappointing time I've had.

>DS3 PvE
>good

>flailing BB enemies that you have to get hit by to get hits in
>no poise reduces the game into "hit first then R1 mash till the stamina bar goes away", if you get hit just mash roll, heal and try again

I miss the days when you had to count your hits to know when a big enemy was gonna stagger instead of just stunlocking them when they don't have hyperarmor and just mashing roll when they do.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

why is there no good fitness punch god games like dark souls?

I played the alpha demo for about an hour when I learned the ki pulse was a thing. Then decided the game wasn't at all for me. I'm not criticizing it or calling it bad, it's just that I don't like action games nearly enough to learn the moveset by heart for all 4 stances of every weapon that I pick up so that I can chain them together like that. It's just too many factors at once.

It was then that I realized I don't really like Souls games for their combat, it's just kind of there, and sort of good enough to make encounters mean something. I loved Dark Souls for its exploration and atmosphere. Ni-Oh is, naturally, more like Ninja Gaiden. I have no interest in that kind of gameplay.

It's a meme game, Dark Souls 2 is way better since it actually plays different despite being a terrible sequel in terms of story/lore etc.

If Dark Souls 3 has the gameplay mechanics of 2 it would have been a far better game.

>mfw I killed him without figuring out you can charge the special attack

>hansen vs predator
How often are episodes supposed to be released for that?

best shortcut in soulsborne?

You don't need to learn movesets just go with one style, find a drop that has +20% extra damage to that style and never change.

Most of what make DS1's design good inst that you end up unlocking structures that 'loop back', but that it allows multiple routes and creative ways of exploring while still encouraging you to explore certain areas before others for practical reasons, even if that isn't necessary.

Honestly though, they should have done away with the master key but allowed you to to get the key to the valley by exploring the ruins past the ghosts a bit. That would have made a lot more sense, and being able to get into Havel's tower without first beating the Moonlight butterfly is lame.

But then you can't ki-pulse and do the never-ending chain bullshit. I tried backing off and letting my stamina regen like in souls, but I found it made the game feel really slow and shitty. Ki Pulse seems to be the intention of the devs. I'm not gonna play it right so I'm not gonna play it at all.

>The controls don't affect the gameplay

Holy shit, duude...

witch of hemwick

Chris Hansen is a huge piece of shit who makes money off of ruining people's lives over what is often a 2 or 3 year age gap and televising it. Literally worse than the predators he "catches".

DeS > Bloodborne > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2

order I played in:
DeS --> DaS --> DaS2 --> DaS3 --> BB

I'm willing to rank BB highest, but I haven't finished yet

>40 year olds trying to get some 13 year old girls
>2 or 3 year age gap

They changed it in the beta, heavy stance does a ki pulse every time your dodge after an attack.

>The fact you'd be happy if the game was just one big PVP focused medieval fighting game infuriates me.
wrong

It needs the PvE to make the PvP enjoyable, but PvP is overall more enjoyable still.

Nothing worse than another boring arena pvp game where the fights are the same every time

it's almost like des, das1, and BB are the real trilogy or something

You should play the game/s instead of coming on here to find out other experiences

It's okay, 3D World did away with full movement, camera control and actual 3D platforming and that's the best 3D platformer of all time according to this board.

Except they explicitly do and I never claimed otherwise, it's just the DS2's controls give you more actual freedom in combat.

I did, 60% of it is garbage compared to DS1 and DS2. Only the few end bosses barely redeem.
Extreme linearity killed the replay, a core feature present since DeS.
It was clearly made as baby's first souls game for the next gen consoles, they even specifically said the first half is easier because players found BB too hard.

This.

Not every case, but he does it pretty often. Also he doesn't bother with catching female predators preying on young boys because that would be misogynistic.

Also, even in the case of real predatory pedophilia, it shouldn't be televised. That's just trial by media. Even if they're obviously completely guilty, they get their day in court. They're innocent until then. Like I said, Hansen is a piece of self aggrandizing shit.

Also, IIRC, they've busted a few innocent dudes up there (entrapment so that they have plenty of content to air), who were cleared in court, but the episodes still aired thus ruining those men's lives. Something about the "educational" nature of his show makes suing over it impossible.

>deadzones aren't an issue with the game, it actually enhances the gameplay
>it's not a bug, it's a feature

Damn, all that and it's STILL better than dark souls 2

That's fucking crazy

It isn't, that's why the playerbase fell to 6K in the first 3 months while DS2 had 18K in the same time frame.

That sounds a lot better to me. Although now the game will be "ruined by casuals" in Cred Forums's eyes.

>fun is a buzzword
>I share a board with retards like this

Also, you never had to switch stances to Ki pulse, you can just tap the stance button without choosing a new one.

At least that's how it was in the beta, you still need to tap it for the pulse on medium and low.

I didn't get how to use the sword

after 5 tries I just quit using it and bashed his face in with my regular weapon

Hold down the arts button until you see a dramatic flash.
Then, hold down that button and use r1 or r2.

How about having stronger enemies guard shortcuts?

tried that

did pretty much no damage

You're doing something wrong, go look at a youtube vid.

gotta say though, makes for a fun fight if you don't cheese him

Not really, he's designed for long range combat, staying under him is way too safe.

>Havel's armor is the worst armor in game
>Weights a ton and has barely any resistances expect vs. fire

The entire point is poise, which actually does break the game.

But since poise isn't enabled, Havel's set remains just as novelty item for those who want to cosplay Havel

Dark Souls III is truly Fromsoft's worst game. The lack of polish and balance they put in PvP was just a middle finger to long time fans of DaS.

DaS II was the best Souls in the series pleb.

>DaS3 worst game
>complains about PvP above all the other problems

filthy fucking DaS2fag kill yourself, this is coming from someone who likes das2

Let's be honest, most of us play Souls with the endgame of PvP. If the PvP sucks, then what's the point of it all?

Oh, I forgot this thread was about the third game.

>most of us play souls for PvP

only DaS2 fags do this. BB is the best game in the series and is almost all PvE

Yes, and?

PvP was the best part of Dark Souls II.

PvP is a small part of souls, das3 has enough pve problems to emphasize those instead of pvp

Am I the only one who only really liked Demon's Souls and DS3? DS1 was just okay and DS2 was just okay.

I'm pretty sure a vast majority play for the PvE with occasional PvP until they beat the game.

Small, but vital. Like I said, PvP is the end goal; the last stage for a Dark Souls player. PvE is just a stepping stone to delay and make the triumph of reaching the PvP stage all the more sweeter.

>most of us play Souls with the endgame of PvP.
>this is what DaS2 fags actually believe

Hi where are the NG+

ALL souls PvP is pure shit because over 50% of it is reads

Let's face it.
This is going to be the best boss in the game, and one of the best in the series, just like Maria was.

If they manage to give her some solid lore, she's going to surpass almost everything else. You can see just by looking at the footage released so far that she attacks like Maria, but with an even wilder and more aggressive fighting style, which seems to be just what people want out of the Souls bosses these days.

>ALL souls PvP is pure shit because over 50% of it is reads

And yet it remains the most hyped and talked about feature in Souls. Look up any video or browse any forum and they're talking about PvP. The majority of the fanbase don't care too much for Lore, atmosphere, exploration, or immersion; they care most about building their characters for the most efficient, unique, or lulziest online experience.

it's clear you're shitposting now, you blew your cover. I'm not replying to you after this don't bother responding

First souls game Ive owned and so far having a great bit of fun even though the dancer of boreal valley keeps slapping my cock around. Why people shit upon this fun game? Tis objectively fun (even tho its my first souls)

It's really short and linear.
That's my main problem with it.
Most of the actual content that's there is top notch, and some of the best stuff in gaming.

It's not really a shitpost when you consider that DaS3 has a third of the overall playerbase in the same timeframe after release that DaS2 had. PvP is more important then you give it credit for. It's not like most players are really going to read all the descriptions or understand Dark Souls and it's not like they were ever really interested in it to begin with. They're in it purely for the mechanical or gameplay aspects, and their preference for PvP is simply an outgrowth of that.

>bonfires out the ass
Not anywhere near as bad as Dark Souls 2. Most times bonfires are bafflingly close to eachother with no challenge inbetween them because they give you a bonfire on killing a boss, usually to be very shortly followed up by a bonfire for entering a new area.

Your list is too fuck huge and full of really dumb logic all throughout so I'm gonna stop at the first major fallacy before I waste my whole night here. You honestly woulda had a better list without bloating it that awfully and just picking and choosing the real flaws that hold the game back.

>It's really short and linear.
For a souls game, yeah, but in general, its a pretty long ass game for what it is.

None of the areas were fun to co-op
I could forgive everything but this

Haven't played in a while, what's the new meta? Have they buffed faith?

still better than the disaster that Das2 is
they even had to re-release the game a year later with better grafix and lighting but that sucked too cause you can't fix a game that is so trash at its core

This simply isn't true lol.
Every bonfire in DS3 is a consistent 20-30 seconds of run time.
DS2 had this in some places, but others were fine. It was more hurt by the healing meme, only

>They give you a bonfire upon killing a boss, shortly followed by a bonfire for entering the area
Are you fucking retarded? That's DS3, not 2. You haven't played 2 at all have you? 2 just gives you primal. 3 spawns one after every fight. Dragonslayer Armor and archive bonfire are literally 2 ft from each other.

I dunno guys. DS3 is such a shitty, phoned in game enjoyed by one and done retards who don't care about replay value. It feels like it just wanted to pander to people who played DS1 once just to say they did and meme about sun bros. Or trying to satisfy BB bros waiting for the sequel with stupid "Age of Deep" eldritch shit.
Just play BB or DS1 instead, DS3 tries to mash these games together and ends up being worse than both. Play DS2 if you have a deadzone patch.
These are my feelings.
DS2 was made by some devs who didn't understand Souls and some devs who loved Souls. The ones who didn't understand Souls made too many decisions, but you can see the signs of love too.
DS3 was made by devs who just didn't give a shit about what they were doing at all, and it shows. They went into work - got paid to copy paste - then left.

It's like - the Artorias sword in DS2 has a special left handed moveset cause Arty is left handed. DS3 doesn't even have left handed movesets, you hold a parrying dagger like a shield. It's all the little things adding up.

ds2 had so much promise and detail to work with that it was worth tuning the graphics and re-releasing. do that with ds3 no-one would have any interest...

unless the remake was to re-add poise / off-hand art / make magic/armour work / added choice in adventuring...

that artorias shit is just nitpicking to the littlest detail]

Nah, the PVP elements that made DS2 the best also impacts the PVE. Shame about SM though.

Biggest example being poise, but also consider:
Rolling. Rolls in DS2 scale with weight. If you're wearing heavy armor, you aren't going to be as nimble as someone in light. This matters for two reasons
1) Players now have a reason to not be at max weight, highlighted by DS3 devs being mouth breathing retards and copy pasting Flynns ring like they copy pasted durability - it's completely worthless and meaningless.
2) Rolls cost more stamina, are limited, and require thought. I don't feel like searching for the vid, but spam rolling in DS3 basically renders you invulnerable with little to no repercussion.
You got more build verity. Heavy armor, light armor. Magic doesn't suck ass and hexs are a thing. Infusions are better, poison is viable, so on.

Then you have good shit like sipping not being instant (all because DS3 tries to be a shitty BB instead of a good Souls), back step i-frames, left handed movesets, etc.
You also have content that was outright removed, like NG+ changes and champions/abyss covenant.
Special mention goes out to the rings rewarded for no death/no bonfire runs. Such a trivial thing for your typical "MLG hardcorrree" players, but it shows that they thought about it while DS3 devs didn't.

Oh, and that linear fucking map. DS1 is a timeless game because it got the map right as fuck. I could play DS1 over and over and over. DS3 ng++ for the rings made me want to kill myself it was so dull.

>it's all the little things adding up
Shit son you're pretty stupid.

Ceaseless Discharge was the greatest boss ever.

i literally just beat the game a couple hours ago. i played it for a day straight from where i was, which was the forest where you first see the crabs. so now i beat every single souls game.

dark souls 1 > bloodborne > dark souls 3 > demons souls >dark souls 2.

DLC is gonna make this game GOAT just like 1 and BB. We shouldn't shit on 3 because it's numbered like 2

>rolled late and sideways into a thrust attack
>got stabbed
>animation completes but game knows you got stabbed

Yeah vacuum shit sucked. Mimics were way worse, the box reached behind. Bad boxs exist in all Souls games but DS2 did have the worst.
I dunno man, I just don't get hit by that shit. Maybe it's a 60 fps thing? Or not 20 agility.

Also I see your shitty grab box's and raise you teleporting dogs.

He had to use a mapping software just to fix the deadzones.

It's still a stupid obfuscation.

>He had to use a mapping software just to fix the deadzones.

You don't 'have to', as there's barely any point in the game where this actually restricts your movement or what you can actually do in combat, so don't try to pretend otherwise.

esp if u like a sword and one attack

>if it's polished, it's casualized

Oh, have we moved from Ds2 shitposting to DS3 shitposting now?

Cred Forums is fickle as fuck

seriously after 3 i feel no remorse for cracking these shit """" multiplayer """ games. i have legit copy of base game but going to crack it all for dlc, giving them money now is shame on me

That was a long time ago... shit that predates scholar of the first sin.

You're a retard.

also those enemies in the archdragon place, the optional area, were the worst enemies in the series.

Dark Souls 3 is flawed as shit but its still one of the best games released this year.

I said he had to use the software to fix the deadzones, not that he had to fix the deadzones to play the game.

you don't have to use a straight sword. i used demon fists and progressed just fine

Granted, but I would rather just fix the vacuum shit instead of making rolls brainless and heavy armor useless instead.

That guy deserved to shit on. Your frame by frame highlights that he was at the tail end of his (sideways) roll just as P starts his thrust.
There isn't a spear in the game that wouldn't roll catch that shit, it's just wonky cause it's a grab too.

Dancer grab behaves the same way even with DS3 rolls, I've been vacuumed by it several times by rolling away instead of into and getting tagged near the tail end of my roll.

>Groups of tryhards that treat the PvP as some sort of E-sport
>"Meta" discussions

This killed these games for me. The fact that specific, but more importantly, LARGE groups of people treat these games like fighting games is just cancerous garbage.

You sound like a casul.

You'd also have to to the same thing to fix DS1's rolling restrictions, so why pretend this is only a mark against DS2.

DS2 pvp in a nutshell

youtube.com/watch?v=udEOmS6iuZ8&ab_channel=Oroboro

If they let themselves get parried, they deserve that.

I actually enjoyed it more than any souls game, had numerous hours of play and was completely happy with it. Cred Forums love it too, and now that it cemented popularity the collective opinion is it's shit.

Admit it, you do this to any game that gets remotely popular. The only games you still like are the old shitty niche ones that had small fan bases like Fallout 2 and Demon Souls.

Just finished the DS2 achievements up.
Took so fucking long to farm those sunlight medals at Fume Knight, but it feels good to finally be done.

PEDO ALERT!

I hope based Hansen puts you behind bars soon.

>Frogposter

I really wanted to like this fucking game but the way enemies spam shit at you is really turning me off. It's like they just copy pasted enemy AI's from bloodborne and expected you to deal with it. I'm also noticing this recurring bullshit where, in order to make an area more difficult, they make you fight 3+ enemies while another one on a ledge somewhere throws or shoots shit at you. This was a fucking waste of money.

Dark souls 3 easily has the best OST of the games desu

I think souls games are a perfect example of why you should never take Cred Forums's opinion seriously about anything.
>Demon souls came out
>it was niche enough to be liked on Cred Forums
>dark souls comes out
>still niche enough to be liked
>dark souls comes out on pc
>this is when it gets "too popular"
>this is also the same time mass effect 3 came out and started the whole "I want the gaming industry to fail" meme
>"HAHAHAHA DEAD GAME LITERALLY ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY LOL BLIGHTTOWN MORE LIKE LAGTOWN LOL"
>Dark souls 2 comes out
"AHAHAHHAHA DEAD GAME LOL DOWNGRADES LOL"
>Bloodborne comes out
>"AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT DEAD FUCKING GAME ALERT! ONLY 7 WEAPONS AND A PS4 EXCLUSIVE? DEAD ON FUCKING ARRIVAL, BITCH!"
>Old hunters comes out
>"HAHAHAHA FROMSOFTWARE ARE HACKS! I'M LITERALLY PAYING MONEY FOR A RESKINED CLERIC BEAST LOL"
>Dark souls 3 comes out
>"DEAD GAME! DEAD GAME! DEAD GAME!"

yeah, no thanks. DLC confirmed only to have two bosses. One's a reskin of rat authority the other is a reskin of priscilla/logarius. Doubt the second DLC is gonna add much.

so just spam shit at them and before your stamina runs out roll away and let it recharge a bit then go back in. for some enemies that doesn't work because they won't get staggered and i think that depends on your poise stat.

i just beat the game today. played it non stop for over 24 hours because i got so into it. i put every ounce of soul energy left that i had into this game because of how boring the formula got after i beat every other entry. bloodborne was the best in that aspect of being different and a lot more fun than the traditional souls games, except for dark souls 1.

i think you should try to get better at how you approach the enemies in this game. if you see someone from afar shooting fire at you, then you have to watch your timing or more preferably look for them if you can and defeat them so it makes it easier fighting the other enemies without getting bombarded.

the optional area in the game, is the most bullshit fucking bullshit shit you'll ever experience. the enemies are straight from bloodborne like you said and you just cant keep up with them. you'll see if you make it that far, but by then if you got better and enjoy it, it will only make you slightly less furious. also use summons whenever you can, or better yet, put your own summon sign down and go through the area in other peoples worlds first before you do yours. that way you know whats coming.

its a fun game and a fun series, i don't think theres really anything as constantly as enjoyable as souls but nioh looks promising

>a reskin of rat authority

confirmed by DS2 being your first game

Saying wyvern died from 1 shot is like saying micolash is too easy. You're just flat out ignoring the entire boss run/arena and counting the killing blow

>didn't know you had to CHARGE the stormruler
>beat him with my murakumo instead
How were I supposed to know?

It's so weird that whenever all those complaints get brought up the first rebuttal is that it only concerns the PvP when only 2 of the complaints even directly concern the PvP at all and even then mostly refer to the coop experience and regular gameplay.

Dark Souls 3 was okay. Better than 2 and that was all I needed.
2 was such a massive disappointment that I was glad to hear big M is back on board.

Unfortunately I, and possibly many other fans were already burnt out on the souls formula.
It looked pretty and had some cool stuff in it but after all it didn't bring anything new to the table and didn't even answer all the questions if the lore from 1.

I would have enjoyed it more if it wad my first. So:

BB>1>DeS>3>2

Anyone know why i can't see Summon Signs!?

>Able to Invade
>Able to be Summoned
>Can't see Summon Signs or Request help

The fuck is going on.

PC SCUM In this thread saying bloodborne has gimmicj bosses BAHAHAHAHAHA

ENJOY THE NEVER EVER YOU KEK!

>Micolash
Not a gimmick boss and when you corner him you have to fight him head on in a caged room where he can cast an AOE magic attack that covers the whole room and it can 1 shot you

>witches of hemwick

If you have a weak weapon its very easy to get overwhelmed and stun locked to death by their magic attack and endless summons.

BLOODBORNE Has no gimicks boss battles and you must fight every single one in a battle to the death of man vs beast.

Bloodborne is the BEST of thr souls series!

END. OF. FUCKING. ARGUMENT!