Kirby thread: no rabbits allowed edition

Kirby thread: no rabbits allowed edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-109672066/kirbys-dream-land-castle-lololo-v2-kirby-super-star-soundfont
soundcloud.com/user-109672066/kirby-amazing-mirror-nature-area-kirby-super-star-soundfont
youtube.com/watch?v=G_sLiZWdHMY
kirbysrainbowresort.net/
youtu.be/ro7CGCsHE3k?t=22
soundcloud.com/darius-sanchez/ice-pop-island-final-mix-1?in=darius-sanchez/sets/kirby
soundcloud.com/darius-sanchez/sets/kirby
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Imar64p4j_k
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWcAoTT9Oc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRgnqEmlfIs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAnA8Q50qk4
gamefaqs.com/boards/187638-kirby-planet-robobot/74034756
youtu.be/hVKeL0Aysx0
youtube.com/watch?v=56GyUOd0rv8
youtu.be/OmzaOpZLl3g?t=300
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Reviving_Tomato
shinytranslations.tumblr.com/post/141980444574
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm fucking banned from /vp/ right now and borbhead pulls this shit
I'm beyond fucking mad
I want to shower them in (you)s

Also Amazing Mirror is STILL the best

Grape is best Spray Color

relax it was a joke so long as we stay on topic it should be fine
good taste.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get home tonight.

anyone wanna start a lets play channel and have our first game be snes super star

>Cred Forums let's plays
Sounds like a bad idea.

VLP's are only any good with turn based games or certain RPG's.

>tfw your role as hero gets hijacked by some pink borb

I'd rather have Cred Forums LP of some shit like game dev tycoon or whatever. You'd have some stupid names for everything, but at least it'd be more entertaining than "PDP or AVGN wannabe #100582."

we'd have to do roller coaster tycoon 2 for sure.

Is it natural to want to fuck kirby

He's for hugs not for fugs.

It would just end up with everything being a death ride and all the names would be some variant of "fuck niggers," "what did he mean by that," and other such typically posted bullshit.
We will never have anything on the same level of Mr Bones ever again.

Will never happen but I always wish for a Kirby RPG. Something like Super Mario RPG but with Kirby characters.

If only we could make it not a meme filled shitfest channel but if it was group effort it'd always end as one.

A Kirby-themed Devil May Cry is what I want.

mass attack had a cool mini game rpg but it was just a glorified megaton punch.

Also PR had that Action RPG thing. But doesn't really feel right.

What is your favorite power up?

I love Yo-yo and Ninja

I dunno if it was fleshed out as 4 player great cave where you fight bosses and gather treasures as a party it could be great

I think a Kirby Muosu game would be fun.
Eating mass amounts of enemies and gaining power ups

Kirby warriors would be crazy just think of the potential playable characters and weapons.

if they do that i'll die, now I feel like the cast is gonna be made up of kirbys with different copy abilities

Didn't Koei talk about how happy they were with Zelda Musou and want to do something more with Nintendo? Guessing they want to do Pokemon or Fire Emblem but Kirby would be great.

I dunno, sure a few of them would be but imagine this:
>Susie and halt use mech's to fight
>Helpers would be included
>meta knight has an ultimate that calls in the halberd to shoot the laser
>teranza uses a puppet version of dedede to attack
>dark matter knight uses an ultimate that shows off zero and zero 2 in the attack
>the fairy queen uses the crystal shard as a weapon
>king dedede has a masked form
>random helpers would be foot soldiers and mini bosses would be captains guarding forts
I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening.

Taranza's fighting style being that sounds hella awesome

FUCKING HAL YOU PEICES OF SHIT RELEASE AIR RIDE 2 RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I WILL DESTROY YOU AND YUOR CHILDREN
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

soundcloud.com/user-109672066/kirbys-dream-land-castle-lololo-v2-kirby-super-star-soundfont
Here's my remix of Castle Lololo. It isn't the best, but give it some criticism.

I agree but for online there needs to be a way to filter dumb frogposters

I have some more idea's for a Kirby warriors game
>sectonia gets a choice of rapiers or magic
>megolor uses the star cutter as a weapon
>any abilty that has a super variant (like sword or beam) is used as a ultimate that you rapidly attack with
>ability's that don't have one get a fancy cut-scene
>helpers don't get super ability's but they have unique specials, simi-mirror creates a ton of illusions as reinforcements as an example
>waddle dee's appearance changes depending on what weapon he's equipped with
>sailor dee uses fatty whale as a weapon
>bandana has a super spear
>parasol can call in kracko to attack with rain while he remains unharmed because of the parasol
>if you scan a link amiibo you can play as him as his hyrule warriors appearance.

soundcloud.com/user-109672066/kirby-amazing-mirror-nature-area-kirby-super-star-soundfont
Here's another remix. This time it's Rainbow Route from Amazing Mirror.

a bit too loud
this one is decent

So now that the dust has settled and we're in the
"Entry n is a disappointment, entry n-1 was so much better" timeframe
Was Rainbow Curse a good kirby game or was it a less-than-average Kirby game?

why do kirby threads feel like pseudo /vg/ circlejerk threads now

It's decent enough but ultimately it's not worth 100%ing it the remixes of songs are pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=G_sLiZWdHMY

The threads have been good, especially a month ago. I'm not sure what people think has happened.

is there a word for "programmer" feeling games, cause kirby and lolo have it

also, umihara kawase gives me the same feel

we're far from /vg/ levels

Try to describe what you mean better?

lol

I Don't think there is one the closest I got was "simplistically advanced" which means it seems simple on the surface but in reality it's very complex to make it feel simple.

a kirby thread can't even survive for so long on /vg/

also a ton of Rainbow Resort refugees here

Yeah I was on that site it's a shame it died I guess Kirby is more niche that I thought which is a shame.

>Rainbow Resort
What's that

kirbysrainbowresort.net/

A graveyard of disappointment.

That's pretty accurate to what I was going for

>tfw had a dream of a Kirby game that was basically Amazing Mirror x Return to Dream Land with Flagship Kirby sprite graphics
>fucking Marx and Magalor was playable

Another way of describing it would be "middle road" where it's easy to learn but hard to master a "normal difficulty" to put it in simple terms rather then beginner or expert it'd be somewhere in the middle while still appealing to both beginners and experts alike which is good game design Theosophy.

Dark Matter was best boy. Too bad he died before he had a chance to get Piccolo'd.

MARX HAS ARMS?!?!?

Oh, the way I'd describe modern Kirby games is that they have a very low "skill floor" but a very high "skill ceiling." Like any little kid can beat the game, but then fucking aMSa makes this video:

youtu.be/ro7CGCsHE3k?t=22

>we're getting yet another a kirby doujin
>this won't get translated either

>that run
damn son I'm way slower perhaps I should practice more but my fingers are just to slow.

Hey man if you find True Arena fun don't give up on it. At some point I thought I'd never get sub-20 minutes but my personal best is now sub-14 just by replicating the WR videos

I think I've peaked at my skill playing games I can't seem to improve no matter what game I play.

Me too

>mfw no one has made a remix of dedede's theme in the kirby 64 soundfont

Please, I need it...

To be fair that's kind of a obscure song

you bastards we don't need daily threads

This, it'll degrade the quality.

Typically the ones that aren't as good don't last longer than a day. The best ones span across 3 or more.

yesterday's thread got shat up by a avatar fag hence the "no bunny's allowed edition" on the OP normally I would not make daily threads but in this case I did.

we also should label this shit as
'edition'
because that sounds like some general level shit

*shouldn't label

So who is your favorite Kirby boss?

>Character
Haltmann
>Fight
Heavy Lobster

Masher is my favorite mini boss
favorite boss is kracko
and end game boss dark matter knight.

Kirby 3D Rumble 2.0 standalone EShop title when.

>Favorite Miniboss - Blocky
>Favorite Boss - Kracko/Adeleine/Kabula
>Favorite Final Boss - Haltmann/Star Dream

it took a year for drum dash and fighters so I'd say around that.

I can't fucking beat Speed Eaters on Level 3
What do I do

What the fuck is this rabbit thing about. Also why does DeDeDe have a rabbit symbol on his coat.

Also, I made a few Kirby songs. The newest one is called "Ice Pop Island." Let me know what you think. It's okay if you don't like them (I'm not musically trained and do this for fun).

>newest addition to playlist:
soundcloud.com/darius-sanchez/ice-pop-island-final-mix-1?in=darius-sanchez/sets/kirby

>rest of playlist:
soundcloud.com/darius-sanchez/sets/kirby

Sorry if I'm shilling, I hope this inspires others here to share their fanmade "kirby art."

stop eating up the image limit

post fan art or heck off

There is an avatarfag that is posting his Animal Crossing waifu on vp and v kirby threads.

Come on dude don't be posting that here.

Here you go :)

Fuck off barney fag.

There, file deleted.
I hope you're fucking happy.

>A piece of AC and Kirby art that isn't just Isabelle and Kirby

Doesn't stone Kirby have a Tom Nook statue in Robobot?

>Also why does DeDeDe have a rabbit symbol on his coat.
Isn't it supposed to be the peace sign that Japs like to use so much?

It does actually it's made of gold (how fitting)

I'm always on the lookout for rare fan art around these parts.

yes

>the logo actually changes for the clones and they wear the haltmann company logo
it's the small details that make games great.

But DeDeDe is anything but peaceful.

Yes, it's a "V" finger sign

I wonder if K-ON and Kirby fan art exists.

It'd please my erection.

It means "victory" in Japan.

I think there might be but that was before I started up my Kirby folder.

I'll have a look around and see if there is any around.

Not new content to talk about, with only fanstuff to talk about the thread start to tun into /vg/ endless bump fest

Seeing stuff like that makes me realize that Sakurai probably took inspiration from when he made Superstar to make the Smash bros control scheme.

You fools never played DL or what

Yeah play brawls story mode and it has a ton of stuff from super star hell even master core is based off a Kirby enemy.

>Bandana Dee will never be in Smash

Maybe if he gets his own mode in the next game
>sailor dee did not replace bandana in metaknightmare mode
wasted opportunity.

don't bring in Smash in here pls

had enough of the those smash autists and their fights over the roster/gameplay

This is my favorite partner

user,

Sailor Dee is dead.

...I know.
>B-but he shows up in mass attack
that's a mini game so it's not real but the pain is.

He lives on in our hearts!
And Magolor came back from his soul being destroyed, so I think Sailor has a chance; he only drowned.

Plasma Wisp and Wheelie are better.

Burning leo is pretty rad too it's a shame he hasn't shown up recently at least we got simi-mirror in robobot

This image still gives me a chuckle.

What would a MGS and Kirby crossover be like?

He was a wise man, all that intellect squandered, let us remember what little of his insightful analysis and commentary we got to hear

>"So long as a reflected laser doesn't hit the reactor, it will be invincible."
>-Waddle "Sailor" Dee

If it's any sort of consolation, he got into the Super Smash Flash 2 Beta, which, assuming things go right, will be here before the end of the year

Wait, he helped Kirby
halberd crash was an inside job.

>Super Smash Flash 2 Beta

why

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Imar64p4j_k

Because weebs a retards with too much free time.

there's more

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWcAoTT9Oc

Sheesh and here I thought I was a degenerate.

In the manga.

Remember, user.

There's always someone worse than you.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRgnqEmlfIs

Thank God.

...was that grand dad? fucking hell that joke needs to die already.

fortran was better.

>I will never beat the true arena
Fuck that clone nigger Dedede. FUCK

fleenstones xd

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAnA8Q50qk4

Just learn to dodge. Dedede Clone doesn't play nice with people who camp in corners.

If you still haven't beaten True Arena I'm going to guess you're using Archer, in which case as soon as you get to the 3-clone phase, be on the left of the screen and shoot 3 fully-charged shots. Then patiently let all three jump back in, do fully-charged shots again, etc. Then every other fight is cake and requires no thought because you're using Archer

Poison is pretty good for D3.

He's not that hard honestly if there's anyone to worry about being fucked over by it's halt if you drop your abilty then you finish him off you pretty much have to restart.

>if you drop your abilty then you finish him off you pretty much have to restart.
But this applies to every boss

Also just abuse the ability roulette, it's not random

gamefaqs.com/boards/187638-kirby-planet-robobot/74034756

yep, he's with goku and luffy now

Only bosses that have cut-scenes of them dying like Susie and halt, on clanky and holo you have a chance to get back what you had.

Oh, right. Whoops

Eh whatever.

>Adeleine will never appear again

Yeah it's a real shame but what are ya gonna do?

Complain about it.

They would just bastardize her.

youtu.be/hVKeL0Aysx0

I'm glad this is back in robobot, it's my 2nd favorite version of Gourmet Race.

>Animal Kirby will never appear again
Fuck. I loved drillan.

How would they bastardize a character with almost no personality?

I forgot the Squeak Squad abilities even existed. I'm okay with them never returning. I prefer new abilities.

You never know, man. Animal and Magic are prime beef for HAL to re-implement into the SS (modern) ability system so they feel fresh

>Bubble, Metal, Magic, Animal, Ghost

They're interesting, but we ain't missing much.

Animal is the only one worth returning (no offense Ghostfags). Bubble simple existed as a gimmick, Metal was a poor mans Stone, and Triple Star was the obligatory final stage """"""transformation""""". Props to who ever brough back combining abilities even if it was just Fire/Electric/Ice swords and bombs.

Ice Sword was best sword.

Presentation and tone is a big factor for video game characters, not personality.

Even if they did bring her back, she'd probably just be, 'the girl one.'

yep. why the hell not lol. sounds fun.

Is it worth it delving into the deep mass of japan only Kirby mangas? with the announcement of the new one I'm reminded that there's a ton of Kirby out there none of us probably ever touched, and its weird to think the japanese have so many adaptations of Kirby available to them. Some of these things ran on for a long time, the anime already had a big effect on how the public perceives Kirby's character vs how he is in the anime, I'd be surprised if the mangas had no effect.

Also why the fuck is it always in such a weird ass style, I'm not saying to make it all perfectly pristine and not stylize but there's a line and they always cross it

I just bought Kirby planet robobot today and haven't lurked in this thread at all but holy shit this is so goddamn fun I'm gonna cum

cum on the case and lick it off

>"I'm gonna cum"
>not edging until the final boss

Gijinka Kirby is shit.

SHIT

All this giant weaponry, super destruction, and gurren lagann stuff is like the opposite of what I want from Kirby. Kirby is not a "badass" or "hot blooded" kind of character in my eyes. I like Kirby most when the tone is mellow, the character is humble, the setting is rich and well thought out, and the gameplay is simple but imaginative.

>I like Kirby most when the tone is mellow, the character is humble, the setting is rich and well thought out, and the gameplay is simple but imaginative.

This fits Robobot, though.
It's just a bit more dynamic than other games.

Kirby games are almost always mellow. The issue is that Kirby's enemies are almost always galaxy-tier threats, and as the game goes on, the threat escalates. He's not TRYING to be hot-blooded, but Kirby games tend to have a grand finale.

>the setting is rich and well thought out
But this kind of stuff still applies to Robobot, have whatever preferences you want (also keep in mind what 90% of the game is vs the 10% + plus overblown fan reaction that is mostly discussed) but the games are still incredibly well done and thought out, from setting, gameplay, aesthetics, etc. Its why all these moments excite so many people, because they're well done and executed wonderfully, the game builds up to the final moments and earns the big finish.

I just beat Robobot for the first time
>That final boss
>That hype as fuck finale
I'm so glad I went in blind. Also Fighter is best ability, prove me wrong

>not styling on niggas with Circus
Do you even FUN?

I dunno, I think trying to make things "epic" and "hype" feels forced and weird, and is extinguishing the charm Kirby used to have. I'll accept it as Kumazaki's style, I'm not really hating on it, it's just not a style I like. I hope someone else gets a shot at the director's seat.

Kirby endings have been high-stakes ever since Kirby's Adventure on the NES.

It's almost as if presentation and characterization mean something.

I'm not sure I see your point.

>Kirby Adventure - Nightmare
>Kirby Super Star - Marx
>Kirby's Dreamland 2 - Dark Matter
>Kirby's Dreamland 3 - Zero
>Kirby 64 - Zero2

Kirby final bosses have always been pretty, 'hype.'

They have been grand, not hype.

> /vp/
I'm surprised you were able to get banned there, the mods here are strict compared to that shithole

Maybe its a matter of perspective them, I don't feel it forced in any way, as someone who was always excited for Kirby final bosses it seems only natural

As its being said the final bosses have always been hype, but I will admit the themes and presentations are different, but that's only to be expected, each game will have its own unique finale and recycling them would be boring no matter what. I see a distinct charm in Robobot's final boss and enough deliberation and thought to put it above some guys trying to force hype. Just listening at the music is enough. First phase is fast past paced and epic, but the second phase reels it back in, a slow atmospheric build up to the last phase that's really unlike anything else, surreal and otherworldly, with a sense of immense power but not necessarily "hype". All this applies to the actual fight too, we're fighting a floating cat face and its still exciting, that's not forcing hype, that's earning it.

I suppose the robot theme will always remove some of the fluffiness of the world but look at Triple Deluxe, those environments are levels were maximum comfy, hypernova's spectacle was almost always more on the goofy "woah mama" side than "OH YEA MOTHERFUCKER", and having an equally unique final boss, with a theme of beauty and music to match.

Interestingly enough, Triple Deluxe's final boss took place in front of the moon, while Planet Robobot's final boss took place in front of the sun.
The art directors at HAL are really top notch.

I didn't like Amazing Mirror

I personally find Kirby games are some of the few modern games to successfully pull off genuine "epic" endings and I'm surprised you think it feels forced or phony. If we return to overall quaintness I'll be very disappointed. I could accept a healthy medium like 64, though

I didn't either.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

I like how Access Ark eclipses the sun throughout most of the battle, and how the floating feathers moved to become rays of light for the newborn star

Really all of the fight is amazingly designed to build up to the next part and the overall imagery, mostly those of the sun and the stop watch, all the pieces fit in perfectly. Like they could've made Star Dream's first phase some generic badass robot or computer but the screw and circle wings design was optimized for maximum pottery.

I respect your opinion

I like how Kumazaki has been calling back to previous Kirby games and establishing a larger recurring cast.
I'm hoping the next game pulls a little more from the Dark Matter trilogy.

Next year is Kirby's 25th anniversary. They HAVE to do something big.

That art style looks familiar. Is this the same guy who did that DL2 comic that got posted here a while back?
I feel unreasonably happy that it got reposted after I linked it the first time.

I don't know user.

Though I find it strange that someone would base a comic entirely on Gooey.

Made it to Star Dream OS Soul in the Robobot true arena the other day but then fucking died again. So close yet so far...

>even by the final battle Star Dream was faulty and incomplete
Borbkind was not meant to meddle with this kind of power, what if it didn't error out at the end of the countdown? What did he mean by "G O ! !"?

I'm waaaay more concerned about the objects he summons.

>Earth is canonically overrun by hostile machinery (Shiver Star)
>Summons moon-sized objects like piano keys and clocks that have been reconfigured into tools capable of space travel and destroying other planets

Did earth wage space war or something? And lose?

Yup, Kirby's second adventure ended with an explosion that turned the full moon into a crescent moon. To me it almost felt like an old creation myth explaining how the moon got its shape.

Wish it would get translated.

>>Earth is canonically overrun by hostile machinery (Shiver Star)
>canonically
Nah.

yah

shiver star is earth

Well this shit too, have you heard the official name for the track? (in all its broken English glory)
>Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection
>Retrospection
>as it counts down it summons objects from a long gone civilization
Granted these things are still present in current times, Haltmann did have a stop watch and there's a piano in TD, they're not that out of place but in the context they seem grander, what is it retrospecting?

I actually think it might be a double thing, a retrospection of the creators of the clockwork stars but also of Haltmann, as these objects could've easily been a part of his life as an inventor full of curiosity, we know for a fact the stop watch is

Look at Nova SSU artwork.

This will always be fan speculation, no matter what.

Fan speculation, sure, but the continents sure line up pretty nicely.

Has anyone found any other artists who do nontechno Kirby Arranges? Bonus points for stuff from more recent games.

All I've found are are a few tracks from that one album and Itoki Hana.

youtube.com/watch?v=56GyUOd0rv8

Did anyone else find the final boss of Triple Deluxe to be challenging? Only time in the game where I died.

I thought you had to beat all 3 forms in a row but you get to start at the beginning of each form if you died.

>I thought you had to beat all 3 forms in a row but you get to start at the beginning of each form if you died.
Neat thing about this, every time you die in a boss and come back the fight becomes slightly easier and with less health (up to a certain point), this is explained by the devs as Kirby coming back to fight, and the bosses regaining most of their energy but still being tired and therefore putting up less of a fight, so technically wearing them out is a strategy Kirby can employ. The flower phase shows this continuity, the first time you're on the vines leading up to it Sectonia is balled up, then the fight begins with her blooming, while subsequent retries have her already bloomed and waiting for you.

It also reveals this motherfucker totally cheated and tried to pass it off as a recording issue
youtu.be/OmzaOpZLl3g?t=300
One second she's balled up, then the "error", then she's suddenly opened up, meaning he died at least once and only managed no damage on a nerfed Sectonia

ERGONOMIC

That's actually pretty cool. I guess I'm a fucking casual now.

To add to this I bet nobody in this thread knew about the Reviving Tomato

kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Reviving_Tomato

That's a neat little detail. I never noticed that, but it's cool that they thought about it.
Though honestly, how bad do you have to be at a kirby game to need it?

wait, has the soundtrack had an official release?

>how bad do you have to be at a kirby game to need it?

Probably as bad as a 4-year-old, which I'm assuming is who the Reviving Tomato is for.

While we're spewing facts, did you guys know about the crazy defense buff Kirby gets in red health?

Literally ever piece of evidence available points towards it being earth and nothing else. You'd have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Like maybe Popstar doesn't have oxygen but methane. The air is farts. Because the game never specifically says it's oxygen.

Miiverse ask-a-thon revealed a few song names, translations were literal and not localized like "Moonstruck Blossom" was

Woah fuck, what? that actually explains a lot, was it ever discussed on miiverse by the devs? I doubt I'd miss that if they talked about it

That would explain why you always seem to survive at 0 health for longer than you expect.

>was it ever discussed on miiverse by the devs?
Don't think so.

Once you have some skill, knowing this fact nearly trivializes PR True Arena runs including no-ability. Usually the thought process goes "oh I'm at half health I may as well use my item" but if you do this you're actively hurting yourself by avoiding the increased defense of red health. Instead always wait until the last sliver of health to heal, unless of course you're in a rest area with another item to pick up

The buff seems huge, like half damage or less

Exactly, it's either there to sneakily decrease the difficulty of the game slightly, or to increase the chances of "clutch" moments that make the player feel badass

If you're talking about the comic in that post's image, it is.
shinytranslations.tumblr.com/post/141980444574

Pic unrelated.

It kinda feels like sonic health at times with just how closely you graze death, real neato, I'd say its both a "crutch" for players and to enable "clutch" moments (hhehehe)

Its honestly funny that no-damage is kinda meaningless in the context of the True Arena, when it comes to speed and damage efficiency its best to take advantage of the properties of damage when useful, no-damage is basically taking away an important tool

Really this is the "Kirby is OP and beats X character" everyone should think of, an efficient killing machine that will even hurt itself to its own advantage and won't let you breathe more than a second

>doujins don't leave Japan
>and when they do, people don't scan them
Business as usual. I can't be arsed to scan the ones I own either.

>093 Intermezzo Without a Leader
>094 First Cry of a Newborn Star
>095 Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection
What's with these 2hu-tier song names. I love them.

Poison Kirby is always really lewd for some reason.

wtf i hate dedede now

The objects are actually parts of the original Nova. If you look at the sprite or the artwork, you can spot all of them.
The question is, is that stuff intended to be part of Nova, or is it debris and junk it picked up over its existence?