youtube.com/watch?v=PmNcaiVE048
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HOPE
O
P
E

he couldn't get a seven
like this one

Absolutely nothing, he just wanted to rid the world of despair.

Friend he was so lucky he'd get all the goddamn 7s and gets he'd like if he'd bother with this place.

Despair

I want his jacket
Too bad it looks like shit in real life

>knew he's gonna be trouble
>still sorta lost my shit when his english laugh happened

You shan't get a get, my friend.

>english laugh happened
What? I played jap audio and don'r remember that

youtube.com/watch?v=J-99IsyhWNo
Holy shit the english dub sucks so much

I played mostly jap audio and was testing english as curiosity (and it was just as bad as I expected from americans), but that one "line" was definitely better in english.

>its from the gorillaz

I didn't even have the courage to try the english dub

Well okay that was funny, but got an actual comparison? We could actually use one now.

youtube.com/watch?v=JZ01m9d1uGg

Jap just fits his appearance and personality so much better

It's his extremely strong american accent, it's just going to feel off in the mouth of a japanese teen boy no matter what. I won't defend the english VAs, they should have never hired them.
That line of laughter is still way better in english version because of how much more mad and broken it sounds like.

Id say its interesting what happens with the 2 languages in their portayal of komaeda
the jap version shows his confidence and determination which he shows most during class trials
but i feel like the english version shows the deep depravity in komaeda's soul that makes him act so rashly

Despair for Hope
Not Hope for Despair.

He exists solely to show that Hope (aka law and order) is not inherently good and can be corrupted.

you have got to be shitting me

youtube.com/watch?v=HyHNuVaZJ-k
it's literally from this

While his Japanese voice actor is better most of the time for how creepy the VA can get, the laugh really is better in English.

>multiple people fell for this
Heres another (You) because you deserve it.

Best laugh.
youtube.com/watch?v=SA54kf2q-hU

>that lazily animated background
yeesh

He was in despair because his game was on the vita

I think that the English voice cast is much better in Dangan 2 than the Jap counter part. Why is everyone hating on their own language? The voice actors in Dangan 2 are really good.

Despair but also hope

English is not my language
In fact, Japanese is closer to my language because they borrowed a lot of vocabulary from it

if only

youtube.com/watch?v=PmNcaiVE048

I like both perfomances, but yeah the jap one fit him way better. In the jap "dub" he kinda has this calm and soothing voice which made his crazyness stand out even more. In the eng dub he sounds straight up crazy (which isnt really bad, just a "normal" way to potray it.)

I played throught the danganronpa games in japanese and watched some of the scenes in english. I think they did a ok job with 1, pretty good with 2 and great with despair girls. Heres hoping that V3 continues that progress in improvement.