4th game when? They still haven't beaten the Chimera

4th game when? They still haven't beaten the Chimera

Why do you still care at this point?
1 was great,2 was a shitty COD clone and 3 only had a good multiplayer.

more like
>next gen port
when?

I know Insomniac is no longer a sony company but does sony still own the Resistance franchise?

>I know Insomniac is no longer a sony company but does sony still own the Resistance franchise?
Of course. It's their IP. They can do whatever they want with it. Look at the Resistance game for Vita for example.

this is why I fucking hate consoles; because the devs will no longer work on those games (rightfully so) and Sony will hold onto the franchise and shelf it until they need another old idea again (also rightfully so) that means we are stuck playing the games on garbage and old hardware forever. Same shit with Demons Souls.

Why do you want to play them again anyway? It's been a long time since i played them myself but i remember them not being very consistent with how the games should be, though they were decent. Atleast the first one tried something new.

Did anyone else play the co-op to this game? I thought it was great they need to make more game modes like this.

3 had a good single player though

First and Third are the best half-life clones made to date

>tfw an early PS3 adopter and you got to play a surprisingly creepy and great launch-tier game

Why oh why did they have to fuck it up with R2? It was literally the game that pushed me over the edge from being a fanboy to jaded as fuck. Glad it happened in a way.

>It was literally the game that pushed me over the edge from being a fanboy to jaded as fuck. Glad it happened in a way.
lucky you, I had to wait until fucking Skyrim

also glad it happened. Pretending that video games are still good is one of the most hollow existences I can imagine

>that means we are stuck playing the games on garbage and old hardware forever.

There is nothing wrong with PS3. Considering how lazy remasters are at times it's better that they don't remaster the games. I also prefer the DS3 to the DS4 controller.

PS3 > PS4

Better hardware does not necessarily mean better console if the damn thing doesn't have much going for it. Right now PS4 is mostly just hype. It's been an inferior console generation overall to almost every console gen before this one and that includes PS4.

>There is nothing wrong with PS3
720p/30fps

this is how people were playing PC games in 1998

I did. First games coop was sort of suck. But they fixed it.

Sony had too many attempts at answers too Gears and Halo. None that ended up being great until they started to do their own thing.

R2 and R3 were better than the suck fest of junk that R1 was.

Stop trying so hard.

>this is how people were playing PC games in 1998
You're retarded

2 had godlike coop

There was so much potential in that game

The first set up everything nicely and mechanics-wise was a nice throwback from what every other current-gen shooter was doing at the time

Second tried to be a fucking CoD clone and was complete garbage because of it

Third returned to form and was the best out of the three, but after the damage 2 did it sold like shit

We're probably never getting another one, as much as I want it

Anyone else get the impression that with Resistance 3, Insomniac just stopped caring about 3/4 of the way through the game? The first 3/4 of the game was awesome, but that last 1/4 was utter shit. I mean there wasnt even a final fight, unless shooting glowing tubes was a fight. And the ending was pretty much just phoned in via tiny pictures during the credits. Its like Insomniac knew their contract with Sony was about to end, but decided to call it quits early.

2's co-op was broken for years

I don't think we got that update so that the Stalker's could actually walk around until something like a year and a half after the game was out

That might have been the case, but based on the developer commentary playthrough of Ratchet & Clank 2(Youtube channel: uselesspodcasts. Good shit that doesn't have enough views), Insomniac doesn't work on games in their chronological order. They might finish up the second-to-last level while just getting started on the third level, for instance. The ending being shit might just be coincidence in that case; I haven't played the game so you're probably a better judge of it.

I'm pretty sure Resistance was their first straight-up human shooter game. I'd definitely get tired of it faster than I would making Spyro or Ratchet

>Youtube channel: uselesspodcasts. Good shit that doesn't have enough views

Those series on Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal were great

Am I the only one that thought the multiplayer for the first game was the best?

Resistance threads will never do well here

Even worse than Warhawk threads

I miss playing this and Little Big Planet at my best friend's house

>720p/30fps
Yeah, no shit you retard, that was the standard for the generation.

>that means it's not a problem