youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A
youtube.com/watch?v=6g06Oaad3Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=kq_YIce8hNc
youtube.com/watch?v=6RFixHOYvEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hi

Pfffffffffffaaaaaag

Come on man it's not October yet I'm not prepared for spooks

fuck you, i didn't quit but i did develop blisters on my hands from gripping the controller so hard

FUCK THIS THING

11 YEAR OLD ME WAS NOT READY

hey

>pic unrelated

I havent played KH. Why does the Tarzan guy want to kill you? Does he actually fucking shoot you with that CG?

Isn't he technically the second? Wonderland is the lower leveled area.

>Was 10 years old when I beat SoM for the first time.
How can you be bad at this game? Are you DSP?

Early and first aren't the same thing

Yep, and there's large iguana there too. It's actually not that hard unless you are underleveled though.

Just use ruby my dude

Every days Halloween when you're a skeleton irl.

WHERE IS THE GORILLA

THE

GO

RRRRRRRRRRRIL

LA

How does it feel to be a scrub.

Hes jealous of tarzan and wants to fuck jane. Everyone (except jane) liked him but then tarzan came around and protected the animals he wanted to kill. And to a lesser extent took jane away from him, even though he could only get her by raping her at gun point

The first boss in Wario Land 4 on Super Hard was a bit tricky without caving in and using items.

>Can freeze you even if you have ice protection
What was the fucking point? You pretty much had to have Stamina Potions to even stand a chance normally, although she was made piss easy if you upgrade Ruby (who you have to use anyway to actually damage her) with some Fire damage stuff.

>destroy protector hands
>head starts wiggling
>hit spell to stop it
>repeat till dead

Wow so hard

why, my peenus weanus of course :)

hahah! :D

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! :) hahah

ITT: Early bosses that were so hard you quit the game forever - my answer is, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!

NOT CLAYTON OO EE OO AH AH

ASTERIX AMPERSAND AMPERSAND EX PERCENTSIGN
Means "friend"

That fucking bitch.

Also fuck the final boss and his unavoidable wing-flap attack. I had to fill every empty inventory space with meat bones to win.

>Doing this sht in 2001 before the internet was invented.
OMFG. But it's experiences like this that serve as the base of "nostalgia boners" and are my fondest memories of gaming. It feels fantastic when you overcome sht like this.

God I remember that boss, took me at least ten times and a shitload of different cures to beat it

Stray Demon was pretty fucking hard though

lol he's so easy now, i even beat him using donkey kong.

OOK OOK CLAYTON

my older friend got 1.5 and 2.5 right before he got a ps4 and never played his ps3 again. he was stuck on clayton and kept telling me how insanely hard it was and how he remembers this is why he stopped playing the games back then. i really kept telling him dude you fucking suck but he wouldnt listen

Shit kept killing me, but after I made it through the first section it wasn't that hard

Fuck that level. It isn't even a boss and it's the hardest thing in the game.

I don't actually remember how far into the game they were, but fuck these guys, I've still never finished JFG

Once I finally figured out how to beat him, the disc broke.

> ctrl + f
> matador
> phrase not found

oh Cred Forums

>he could only get her by raping her at gun point
still counts

Where was that boss?
I don't recognize it.

He was a pain in the ass, but he wasn't THAT hard.

Golmore Jungle.

those motherfuckers were the final bosses for the dog path if I remember correctly
spent DAYS trying to kill these guys

rot

This first fight with Letho made me rage quit for about two weeks before I came back to it, but even then it took about seven tries before I could beat him. Though that dragon bitch was worse

STAY AWAY FROM MY WAIFU YOU BITCH

my sister beat him first try lmao senpai end yourself gaylord gay fag lol sempi pls

If you do the Coliseum before Deep Jungle then you'll be fine.

>Sin Spawn
>early boss

What the fuck

this piece of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=b_w0wwhrx9g

HU HUH
HAHAH
#%$#
NOT CLAYTON
#$%@??
NOT CLAYTON

tfw it made thousands of people quit the game but in reality it was just holding up and down a few times

>how was i this stupid

Stray Demon is stupid, like all the other bosses he is a clone of, since beating him boils down to "attack his butt".

This guy kicked my ass so hard that I didn't pick the game back up for a fair amount of time.

Re-started and got lucky.

The objective is to stay away from him while capturing the 3 points but this asshole has almost as much AP if not as much as a Scout Elite and has a weapon that can one shot practically any character in the game.

Never did figure out how to beat him.

MHFU was my first hunting game and this fucker was my roadblock for weeks.

Its the reason dropped LS and why I'm a GS main

More mid game, but still.

Hardly can be considered stupid. The developers knew what they were doing and wanted that help hotline money.
They TRAP you in a room where the only way through is past a barrel that moves when you jump on it. Jumping on it more makes it bound further. Nowhere else in the game do you use up/down for anything but moving the camera and initiating the spindash so the player has to reason to assume up/down would do anything. Even if they happened to press up/down the barrel was likely to be moving from landing on it still so the effects wouldn't be immediately noticeable. The logical conclusion in a game where every button is a jump button would be to jump on it until you can get through.
Fuck the devs on that one.

>Tfw patience of a saint
>Tfw killed this boss with broken straight sword not knowing the door you're suppose to go in for your real weapon til after boss died
>Tfw confused by the hammer drop unable to wield it

>Wow, look at this fag

You should have known that just from looking at him.

Just look at the guy. He walks around like that and gives NO fucks. You think he'll take shit from you?

That fight sucked. Made me restart the game and pick my shit together only to get stuck on image related afterwards.

> BUT MUH BLACK FROST

Fuck you. No game should make you go completely out of your way and grind just because of one guy, specially on a game with a soft time limit.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>finally work up the courage to beat this boss 5 years later
>get stuck for another 2 years on the nintendo coin

This.

>"LOL UR JUST RETARDED HAHA I COULD GET DIS EASILY!"

No, if you weren't a retard, you'd know that this was an extreme design flaw objectively.

Matador is ez. The fight with Troll right before it is harder

This shit takes me back. I remember my kid self had a lot of trouble doing the part where you gotta swing on a series of poles, holy shit I've hated that kind of mechanic until now. Don't remember much of the game, but to beat Nessus you had to jump on his back and ride him.

Tigrex made me drop the game three years ago and I haven't gotten the chance to get past it ever since.

This fucko from Witcher 1. I put up with the crap gameplay just to experience the story before moving on to the sequels, but getting instastunlocked five times in a row and having to watch the cutscene everytime I died was too much. To this day I haven't played the other Witcher games.

Calm down

It is literally impossible to face him as anyone except Tiny Kong unless you are cheating. The door closes if you approach it as anyone but Tiny.

You use up and down from the beginning of the game to move the camera up or down to see past certain obstacles. Additionally, it specifically tells you in the manual to do this, so saying they wanted hotline money is stupid, if that was the case, they wouldn't have included that. Finally, the very fact that jumping on the barrel changes the way your character stands indicates that you would do something different than normal, as anything in games of that time with context-sensitive controls does something similar.

So...no. You are the retards

I didn't have any problems until seymour flux came. I had to grind for a while since he had a move that could kill any team member under 1000 hp. Also Yunalesca was a total bitch

Why did you post a blank image?

I quit that game for 10 years because of this bullshit.

>You use up and down from the beginning of the game to move the camera up or down to see past certain obstacles.

Keywords "camera" and "see"

What other game in all of history do you have to manipulate the camera to alter physics? It doesn't even make sense logically, the fact that you can get so tantalizingly close to success with the LOGICAL method only makes it more obtuse

Just hide between houses. There they can't reach you all at once and you can sit there and spam attack and kill him and his friends one by one.

Fuck, I had a really fucked up and retarded skill build for my team and it worked alright until I finally got to this asshole. He made me restart my game and look up more efficient party setups.

Yes, use the keywords "camera" and "see" and disregard the concept of using it to find the way around obstacles, and also disregard the remainder of the post because your idea of LOGIC doesn't make any sense at all.

Even if you don't have the manual, which explicitly tells you what to do, the fact that up and down buttons exits and are used to find ways around obstacles,is enough for anyone with a functioning brain to think "jumping doesn't work, maybe I can look around this...oh, trying to look moves the barrel, okay, I can move forward"

>beat everything
>have to complete the collectathon to fight the final boss
>quit

still have never finished the game

this whole game is everything wrong with jrpg's.

I tried looking and it didn't help me out. You can very easily begin holding up/down while the barrel still has momentum from previous jumps, so the minute movement your holding down on the dpad might have produced gets lost among the barrel's previous bouncing. I distinctly remember looking down there a dozen times to even confirm if I was supposed to go under the barrel, and every time I pressed down, the barrel was already in motion, or the movement was just minute enough that I didn't notice it

You still haven't explained how moving the fucking camera will shift a giant barrel either

D-don't laugh. I beat the game 5 years later.

Pls no bully

>9 years old
>mom lets me rent FFX at blockbuster
>fuck this boss is hard
>dat intense music going perfectly with the fight tho
>couldn't beat him before having to return it, but get it for the next birthday
I started over from the beginning, beat him and stopped having trouble until YOUR HOPE ENDS HERE, AND YOUR MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE WITH IT

didn't grind enough

I hate those fucking wasps, I'm replaying it soon after many years

Adding to your argument and spouting incidentals about experiences that couldn't have happened (pressing in the opposite direction the barrel is moving halts the movement, and if you checked dozens of times and that somehow didn't happen you would have figured it out) doesn't change the facts presented

I don't think anyone will blame you too much. I love me some Noire, but her attacking us AFTER we have a boss fight was a pretty dick move.

dumbass

same

>tarzan bosses
>hard
lel
Even on proud you just had to spam aerial attacks.

>have you pre-ordered fallout 4 user?

beat her with relative ease in 1 or 2 tries. youre all scrubs

He's a decent challenge in most KH games. I don't remember him being too hard in CoM though.

>I beat the game 5 years later.
That's not forever

Fucking Sigmund.

I'm violating her right now and you can't stop me.

don't bullshit
I knew how to play nocturne
i even fused the level 18 that nulls wind and with wind magatama
I barely beat that fight with demifiend missing 80%~ of his punches

Wasn't that fight optional?

Probably, I didn't had money for life rings, by the time i was done I was lvl 20 already
She is by far my fav nep but I agree, the fight was the best of the game for me tho, shame that the rest biased are eaay

Not really a boss but my 8 year old self couldnt figure out how to get into noki bay on super mario sunshine so i didnt play the game for 2 years intill my cousin came over and told me to look at the sun

not him but I was very young when playing this for the first time and managed to not have any trouble. Back then games were less intuitive in general though so you were forced to experiment often to figure out how to progress. But being forced into such a small area meant there was little to interact with in the first place, so it doesn't take long to get even with a trial and error approach. I can understand someone going back to play this now after being used to modern games and getting stuck, though.

Not gonna lie, the first boss of Devil May Cry

Other mage demons work. I used Dis.

DUDE STATUS EFFECTS LMAO

>playing game first time and/or as a kid
>times when early bosses stomped the shit out of you
>so fucking intense, battles the memory of which stick with you for life
>play now
>you know what you're doing and effortlessly stomp everything in your way
>you long for the nostalgia of it being hard

Father Duane in Vagrant story is the most standout example, as his explosion spell kicked my shit it so many times as a kid.

VS as a whole is kinda like this now, I'm so good at the rhythm combat I can kill every boss in one or two chains before they get more than one attack off.

At least a kickass theme plays

youtube.com/watch?v=xG_RAm4P8OA

I never managed to kill this shit when I was a kid. After ten years I realized that it can be killed when you touch a button

I remember lucking out and just falling in between the barrel and not activating crush damage. I didn't even realize you had to press up/down until like 10 years later.

For me it was this fucker, because the bestiary entry confused me and I thought I couldn't use anything but guns on him at all, when you're supposed to shoot until the core is exposed and then hack at it.

This, but with dmc3, it took me a few years to try again, it was easy as hell

Deku scrubs are jealous of how scrub you are

I did find out recently that I was going the literal opposite direction of where I should have been, beat the game and now it's one of my favorite PS3 games though

youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A

That motorcycle bitch from dead rising

I'm going to try again but fucking hell

Never saw him on the PS1 version, but for the longest time I would get stuck on the level where you had to find water. My mate and I got pretty damn frustrated historically from it from separate experience and it would just grind the game to a halt for me. One morning when I figured it out I beat the entire game in like three hours that morning.

MAN.
SIX YEAR OLD ME WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT READY. NOR WAS SEVEN OR EIGHT OR FUCKING TWELVE.
Altough my older brother killed him ASAP.
Then I played it again at 14. GG.

It doesn't really apply to that guy, apparently, but iirc you can lose the girl party member on the way there unless you go find her boyfriend first, and it makes that entire area significantly more difficult.

First boss was hard too but this one took me a few tries

I actually managed to beat the leopard the first encounter and thought it was an accomplishment

then i found out there are those bosses that can shit on my face and humiliate me

Here I was thinking there was some way to avoid that but nope. Really annoying.
I still think it's a better game than Dark Chronicle because of how shit the game runs, or did they just get lazy with the emulation on PS4 compared to Dark Cloud? Also why did they fuck with the map in the second one? It was perfect in the first game now it's scrolling bullshit you can't see all of

not a boss,but fuck this stupid puzzle

>"attack his butt"
Haha poo poo

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clayton Garrison

This game is bullshit.

i beat them first try - no guide

Are you talking about from the Lion King?

Fucking Scar took me months to learn as a kid.

Same thing with Khezu, I switched from melee entirely and went gunner. It wasn't until I got a hang of the dodging mechanics and creature movesets was I finally able to switch to GS.

I remember quitting freedom unite 2 because it just took too long to kill monsters, took me up until the time was up for both of that giant crab and Lunastra.

I never beat that game and had my brother beat Flaagra and Thonox rock man for me.

i beat your mom first try - no guide

>AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO
>I'M THE WOLF, YEAH

Cerberus was a bitch the first time but Gigapede and Jester were piss easy in comparison

Sup fags

FFFFUCK Gorillas. Clayton did nothing wrong.

It's optional but it's shitty because Teddie tells you about it way earlier than you even stand a chance and you have to go through the entire dungeon again to reach him.
Part of it is persona 4's weird difficulty curve where if you beat Kanji you're going to win the game no problem. You can go kill contrarian king and kanji's extra cop boss one after another no problem.

That quote tho lmao I'll never forget Seymour saying that

you don't watch speedruns do you?

That first boss cheats so hard it's unreal. It comes at you with one tiny little insect stab but the hitbox is the whole 180 degrees in front of him.

>spoiler
Just press Select to change the map

Im so close to that 100% save file i have been working on since i was a child, i just need to play fucking Astronaut and Donkey Kong and im so bad at them.

Did beat him and the game
But it was pretty tough, you just start the game and this shows up

no its when Clayton asks where is the gorrillas in kingdom hearts 1

THE GOR

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIL

LUH

Stray Demon just deals a lot of damage, which coupled with the panic of trying to heal once you drop in can fuck you up. If you get behind literally none if its attacks will even reach you.

Come to think of it I don't know if I ever actually beat Gyruss, and it was 90% this faggots fault

>here take the power of my second cock

you found him difficult the first time around?
I mean I'd believe it if DMC3 was your first DMC

I just started playing the game this week and I got to this fucker, I had a really good chain of commands that was shit damage and depended on criticals and I got him to half health

He then did the physical damage to everybody move and I died the 10th time and said fuck it

I'm still playing the game though, but I'm not beating that boss until later

the spider is what fucked me up

>that fucking scan spot

I was getting my shit rocked until I forgot I had a persona that also had bufu

I'm an idiot

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL

giving it another go on pc now though, shit's fun

>being shit

>Day time
>Night time boss

also that music

>in 2001 before the internet was invented.

u wut

He's way easier than Cerberus.

I always do Alice, then Olympus until Cerberus, then Deep Jungle, then go beat Cerberus.

Cerberus has a shit ton of health, and way too many moments where you just can't hit him.

This fucker. Never could best him.

Fighting this guy on normal on the non-special edition of DMC 3 was the hardest time I've ever had with a boss

I had no idea people had problems with Clayton.

Also: Cerberus in DMC3.

>the little fuckers you have to collect can be killed even by friendly fire
>some are guarded by enemies who will shoot them if you get close

I will never get to fight Mizar

People had trouble with her? I used Goro and just kept knocking her down. Beat her first try, no problems.

It's funny how bosses later on are easier because they use their super moves at regular intervals, and earlier ones are tougher because they use them less frequently but randomly.

Not Clayton was kinda annoying but this boss is the one that gave me strokes as a kid.

this shit made me quit the game for a while.

DMC3 is different in DMC (not to mention 2) in that you need to be way, WAY more agressive. You could sorta take your sweet time in 1, but not in 3. Having this guy so early up catched a lot of people off-guard.

Not him, but your only "solid" options to fight him because of the camera angle is your guns, which do nothing. But any of his attacks can take about half of your health on anything but Human.

I found Cerberus very frustrating in KH1

It was because of the fucking camera and the shit tier jumping mechanics and platforming

Probably favorite number 2 game series though

This mother fucker.

GBA CoM have me a lot more trouble than PS2/PS3. Hades, Ursula, Captain Hook, Larxene, Replica Riku and Marluxia all kicked my ass repeatedly.

i swear all this boss was there for was to tell you to go grind more

Cerberus is literally impossible without dodgeroll at that point in the game

This fucker on Hard mode.

Came in here to post this. Cerberus is probably the 2nd or 3rd hardest boss in the game, behind Arkham and Beowulf. They definitely should have saved the obligatory ice boss until after you get the fire weapon with an aerial attack that doesn't require swordmaster style to use.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Favorite game of all time. It wasn't him that gave me trouble. It was the first dragon you fight (not wyvern) after the Forrest. That's when the game gets real.

It worked. After that I grinded until enemies in the area were afraid of me, every zone, and abused the fuck out of the caterpillars. It kinda trivialized the game, but meh.

Dual Mac-10's kill this guy easily once you take out all of this goons.

That and Donald and Goofy would constantly get themselves killed, and waste any item you gave them.

ITT: shitters

this boss only took me 2 tries to beat. The encounter directly fucking after that and the one where you fight the knights in the flower garden where hard enough that i thought you where supposed to lose the first time around.

This fucker was never hard.

Not gonna lie, I did have a ton of trouble with Alma. I didn't give up because I'm not a shitter who gives up because of a hard part in a video game but she's definitely the wakeup call boss.

This shit was just poorly designed.

>game sics two poison dogs at you
>can't dodge or maneuver for shit since you're in a cramped as fuck space

This fucker could be pretty tough to anyone starting the game for the first time, ESPECIALLY in the original NA version.

Still didn't quit but fuck. This dude was actually pretty damn hard for a first boss.

Fuck this guy, i never quite figured out how to outrun his spin persuit attack after the first 2, fucker was too fast and i just couldent figure out how to reliably shake him, and wasnt skilled enough to consistantly glide off the edge and return long enought to make him stop

>Additionally, it specifically tells you in the manual to do this
Own the manual and I can say this is horse shit. The most it mentions is the anti-gravity platforms in the zone, and it mentions nothing about the platform in the controls

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dude come on. All you need is a good pair of wings and a long platform. Easiest out of all the robo-bosses

This and the ice summon lady gave me a hard time.

>poison dogs

Opinion discarded

Dance Water, Dance

MODS MODS MODS

Weren't they the poison rats? I don't remember.

I mean, I did it and all but you can't defend that shit. That fight wouldn't have been nearly as hard as it was if they'd just given you some space and set it in a room that were decently-big.

Harder than fucking Clayton, at least.

>Accidentally grind super hard before this boss
>Lulu always in party so she's extra overleveled
>Cast's Firaga and one hit kills this boss
And then what's his name with the fucked up hair at the top of Mount Gagazet made me quit the game for months.

I don't even remember fighting him at all, but seeing this image makes me angry. I think I might have repressed the memory

This mofo

LEAVE

Hese really easy exept for his revenge spinn attack, the first and second time he does it you can just outrun him, but after that he goes way faster than you, and still has i think 5 hits left. So it turns into a game of trading blows, unless you have a good reliable strat to chees him.

Diddnt help that he was intimidating as fuck to me

I cant remember how i beat him, but it was years after i first playde it.

Freedom 1, completely blind, using a Lance, didn't understand how or when to use hops, had no idea about the Lance's rule of three.

Didn't quite quit forever, came back the next day and killed the fucker and proceeded on a thousand-hour ride across the franchise, but what a hell of a wake-up call.

literally impossible

Sup bitches, I bet you thought you could play this game on hard mode

This arsehole. I consider him harder than any of the bosses besides the end ones.

He was actually difficult when I was 9 years old or so. I don't know what I was doing wrong back then, when I replayed the game recently he was easy as shit.

Nah just fuck that game in general

Took me quite a while to pass this.

REEEEEEE

What the fuck that's like the easiest boss besides the first black knight.

HOLY SHIT
I loved playing that game and I could beat every other cup but FUUUUCCCKKKK THAT BAT FACED BITCH

AY

I remember people having trouble with the wolf on the demo.

I just don't get him, I walk into every attack.

Everyone else I just rush down and kill them in seconds but he hangs out of reach.

I just stand in the right corner on the platform the whole time

Seriously someone tell me about this. I just beat KH2 again after all those years, and now I finally got to play Birth By Sleep for the first time now.
What the fuck is this game, I can't beat the first boss with Roxas.

Fucking shit i can hear him laughing

Spammed bubble shield jump until I got through. I was a dumb kid, but resourceful.

Vids/pics or you're a fag.

this is the fucker who has Oil and casts Fira on the crew, right?

>not Zeto
Legend of Legaia was my first jrpg and I thought that was the final boss. How fucking wrong I was.

I gave up and just took the detour around him.

Whenever he does that spinning thing, just run in a circle once he is close. He won't gain on you and you can just wait for him to stop spinning. Never had trouble with that boss as a kid

Shotlocks, blizzard edge, and fire are your friends. Fire especially; he's weak to fire.

One better

Birth by Sleep fag again, I seriously had it much easier with these guys than the first tree boss in in BBS with Roxas, fucking help.

I think I gave up the game for a year after trying and dying to alma. When I play the game now shes cake.

Alright, thanks.

This one is a great test for kids.

It's clearly interactive, and you've got only a handful of options to interface with it via your controller.

It's amazing that so many people got stopped dead forever at it.

>MFW I had a rental disc and eventually had to return it
>spent so much time getting to him
>had to arrange my chips just right
>gets ass kicked anyways

Every time I fought him I got 1 shot and could only do like 10 damage a hit. To this day I have no idea how you are supposed to win.

This fucker. It gives me a broken weapon that does shit damage while it can just hits me for half my life. Whoever thinks Dark Souls is a good game needs to fuck off.

Incendio? The fire spell. Ron a shit so who cares if he dies. Harry has a pretty good selection of equips that give fat defense. If you finish a trivially easy trading sequence then you get a cloak for him that gives completely absurd defense.

Oh shit, I remember that game. I remember that spider pushing my shit in too, can't remember how but I finally beat it

b8

You can just run away from it and go grab your real weapon.

Or you can git gud

Its mostly due to the fact that jumpng makes it move, and gets you pretty close. The tipper is that eventually you thing that you just arent timing youre jumps good enough for the final push, rather that you shouldent be jumping in the first place

This fucking faggot

I couldn't beat him

Eventually you should try something else. It's the reasonable thing to do, and feasibly at some point you will hit down on your dpad.

It was bad design, but it's still interesting seeing the thought process behind the people who figured it out and those who did not.

DELET THIS!!!

>Looks piss easy and slow
>Jumping controls are floaty as shit and not as responsive as they should be
>Makes you look like a fucking retard when you lose to him

I hated this part so much I took the SD card out of my wii and formatted it after the millionth time.

>Not this guy

GET ON THE CENTAUR'S BACK!

this guy forced one of the longest video game rage induced breaks of my life, after I lost so much, I dind't beat this nigger for a whole year

Fucking disney games.

Results? I just beat the treeant on Crit as Ven. it IS a bitch I'll admit. But look at this vid or other similar vids for general tactics:

youtube.com/watch?v=6g06Oaad3Qo

How has this bitch not been posted yet

Not really an early boss but This bitch has stopped me so many times

>Implying Miltank doesn't get bodied by elemental punches

I'll give you the HGSS version though, the only thing capable of trivializing her is Heracross.

wassup

>Implying Miltank doesn't get bodied by elemental punches

My memory of the original GSC is a bit fuzzy, but wouldn't the earliest legitimate elemental punch be from overleveling the fuck out of a mareep and evolving it to ampharos

I don't get why people don't just use geodude against her, it has high defense, resists both of miltank's attacks, and rock/ground attacks shit on half of everything in gen 2 if you stick with it

Or you could just use the machop that you can trade for next door

what game is this from it looks really nice

AARD
A
R
D

>Gym 3 of 18
>Elemental Punches

Holy shit, this fucker almost made me drop DMC1

I never could beat him, he always took my car.

>Karol's fucking reaction after the fight
>"What? That barely put up a fight!"
I want to smash that little cunt's face in.

I never quit games on the early bosses though.
I played every game i ever had repeatedly until i beat it up until banjo tooie came out, i got to gruntys factory thing then quit because it just wasnt fun (felt like a chore to play).

That's called a casual filter dumbass.

Is that the first boss? I had the most dumb bullshit moment in that.
>Guy gets fucking pulled over and arrested mid-race
>Still get the scene where I lose

cmon senpai, he was hard, but I beat that big nigga when I was 13 years old.

Those fireballs were really fucking fast though, holy shit.

Still the RPG boss fight for me.

It's not even that bad, you just have fucking Delita and Algus taking up two spots and they are always, ALWAYS go after the roof archer and fuck around instead of killing him.

I lied, I didn't quit forever. That didn't come until Riovanes.

Not an argument.

>Any FF13 Boss

seriously FF13 was such a stressful fucking game

>Barthandelus
>Zeus eidolon battle
>Manvasin warmech 1 shotting you
>all those bosses taking like 20+ mins due to stupid stagger mechanic

Good thing you don't have to beat him, it just reduces his health in duel phase if you do. And duels were easy as fuck unless you're autistic and can't read tells.

that game was easy though, if you aren't doing well you're just doing it wrong.

There was like no need to grind at all in the main story, and most of the encounters were fairly straightforward. As long as you switched up if you weren't doing well it should've been no problem.

Dhoulmagus raped my ass six ways to sunday the first time I played DQ8. That fucker is a huge difficulty spike.
I didn't play for a week, beat him, then fount out he had a second form and just had to fucking walk away from the console for a few minutes to calm down.

"Lol get good scrub all you need is an auto crossbow, minigun, and homing bolts to beat him along with a good map spawn."

>Giving fatty some exercise
You're a good user, user.

Who /sigmundfanclub/ here?

>tfw "Raaargh another smaaaall one. I sensed something a little bigger. What a disappointing catch..."

This fucker, right here, was my childhood rival.

I could get lucky and beat him, but pretty soon after there's a fucking BLUE one that did more damage always wrecked my shit.

i dont even like the game, but i never seen a more pathetic OP in my life.

Zoinks

>not knowing about the hat

One of the Tales Of games, not sure which one.

I don't recognize this HP game, what's it called?

Ey guys

Tales of Vesperia

It's about pride. I'll be damn if I'm gonna let ANY gym try and stop me from using my signature starter Pokémon. Not vanilla gold/silver Whitney was fucking rigged you were always gonna get charmed and you were never going to be able to prevent it let alone do anything to stop Miltank from rolling one once you fell on love because her roll put would also scale the more she abused it

no

^Not only that*

>It's about pride. I'll be damn if I'm gonna let ANY gym try and stop me from using my signature starter Pokémon

>Press Aard
>The dog is stunned
>Attack him to trigger an instant kill animation

Just passed the game for the first time, I went full aggro and all the bosses got demolished by my heavy rifle even on the hardest difficulty
>mfw unloading that beast in their face

This. Fucker was 10 times harder than anything you faced at that point of the game.

The first skeleton enemy in Legend of Legaia. Fucking harder than beating ski free.

>Eventually you should try something else
For me it was switching to Knuckles

Why are people bitching about the beast? The fight is easy as long as you haven't rushed the story and leveled up a bit before it. Just don't let the dogs surround you.

that looks like trash. low settings?

>tfw had so much stun gun ammo due to not needing it because ghost
>tfw unloading half of it into his ass and ended it without hardly needing to move

I still have no idea what the fuck the triggers are for progression in this level.

help me Cred Forums im a scrub

Chamber of Secrets for the GBC

These made me stop playing. DMC3 because I'm a little babby and crash WoC because that game is an abomination and was done with it at that point anyway.
this was rough
She was tough but satisfying to beat as a kid. Very memorable gg croconaw. Surprised nobody has mentioned Brock. I guess nobody ITT picked chamander. Had to catch a team of goons just to get some sand attacks and growls in on onix before I got serious with charmander. Felt like a genius.

I hope you made Ramza a monk.

thanks

this. I quit for awhile and then came back and finally beat him but he was quite hard.

Thanks for the flashbacks.

Not an early game boss but it is still worth a mention

1. Get starting boost
2. Grab first green brick before this fucker
3. Pray the level doesn't fuck you in the ass

I brought everyone firebrands and just did it that way.

this has got to be bait

This guy right here

FFXIII felt like one of the easiest games in the series for me.

Not necessarily early game but this.

It's cool that there was a detour around him through those misty woods with high level monsters. XII had all kinds of cool stuff.

Damn. I'm more hyped for zodiac age than XV.

It's not actually Clayton, but a giant heatless chameleon with a Clayton dummy on his back (not even kidding).

The game also never explains what happened to the real Clayton.

But he *can* kill your party which results in game over.

Real Clayton got BLACKED I mean DARKNESSED

So he straight up died, it'd likely the heartless you fight is hid one tho.

I can't blame you. It's a dramatically improved remaster of Zodiac Edition.

Think you can get them to crash a tree, after of which they'll repeatedly start ramming the same tree due to faulty AI. After that, just shoot the MG guy first with the rifle far enough away that they don't return fire. After that it is just taking potshots at the two dudes at the front.
>they come back tho

He got consumed by darkness for lusting after power and using the Heartless.

It's the same shit that later happens to Maleficent.

Clayton was alright. I had to fight this boss a 1000 times.

Also the Maleficent dragon

Matador is the epitome of literal bullshit in my first time playing the game.

Meant to quote My bad

For me it's more this guy who gave me the hardest time in all Tales. That was on maniac with half experience though.

>Only have 3 characters
>He has 3 energy stones
>Each can do a field around them, that deal 5x200 dmg
>Lloyd only has 1500 hp
>Can't see shit, cause it's Symphonia
Eventually I learned to react on the "lightning" cast and just dodged it.
Yuan and Botta were also hard as fuck. Asked a friend to help me for them.

Have to think of this guy. He's not too hard, but probably one of the hardest in the game. The rest is piss easy though.

Not my game, just a pic from the internet

Specifically the Re:CoM version

>not just unequipping him before the fight
>not just sticking to physicals

Already had Lavitz/Albert's final addition by then.

>mfw Dart and Rose attack, then two of them brought him down to yellow HP
>mfw two more killed him
>mfw I have no face

i couldn't get past Axel 2...

Or Kut-Ku in the first Monter Hunter game. Christ I felt mighty after killing him for the first time.

GET ME OUTTA HERE

motherfucker there isn't really a "time limit" but you're just lazy it's okay

Aren't you supposed to use spect petronum to scare it away?

I didn't quit forever but fuck Calamity my first time fighting him.

>not just unequipping him before the fight
He's probably referring to the fake execution fight? That was his hardest encounter I think, the waterfalls fight wasn't that hard even with his gear.

Oh, maybe, yeah. I forgot he's there at the execution. I haven't played FFT in a while.

I've been trying to play KH1 on expert and it's fucking impossible. I had such a hard fucking time beating the first proper boss (the knight nigga) and it's so difficult to fly around in space. apparently, proud mode in KH2 is waaay easier.

He was an early boss in the game of my life.

>dungeons 6 and 7 as a whole
Fuck em

Fuck this guy.

>clayton is hard

what the fuck kind of retard casuals browse this fucking site?

It's difficult but just train and gid gud. Kh1 on expert was way harder than KH2 Proud mode but KH2 Critical mode was fucking bullshit hard. One shotted in every encounter.

>early bosses

Ones that play Kingdom Hearts, apparently.

As someone who never played dark souls prior to bb, this motherfuck was probably the hardest wall i've ran into in a video game. Gascoigne was also hard as shit, but I actually beat him faster than I did this motherfuck.

Nothing can compare to underleveled paarl though, what the hell was I thinking, I must have died at least 50 times in 3 whole days before I beat the bastard.

C U T E
U
T
E

This faggot in the prologue on hard
I didn't quit the game though and beat it eventually

>Early
Isn't Clayton like ten hours in m8

Oddly enough I beat Cleric beast first go first play through, but Gascoigne raped me for hours.
Now though I can't bear Cleric to save my soul. Just tried last night on a new hunter. Stomped my ass.

I never had a PS2 so 2 weeks ago i got it on a sale for PS3.
Haven't played since.

As someone who'd played DeS, DaS and DaS2 beforehand, Cleric Beast was the hardest boss in the game for me. I had so much trouble with him because everything in that fight is working against you, the shitty camera, the cramped arena, all the shit fur hanging of him making it difficult to tell what he's actually doing and you won't realize that you can level up after you've made an attempt. Gascoigne was a fucking breeze compared to Cleric Beast and I beat him on my first try.

Captain Hook kicked my ass for years before I got gud. Then the game was a breeze

Fuck Matador. Too bad the rest of the game becomes piss-easy shortly after that.

Yuri's Revenge soviet last mission.

fuck happened to duramburos

Whichever black-hood faggot you fight in Mulan's world in KH2

I've been playing Rogue Galaxy recently as I noticed it was in the PSNs PS2 collection.

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with this asshole.
> breeze through all enemies before it aside from a bullshit mimic that caught me off guard
> suddenly you're in a lake with this fucker
> just keeps using electric attacks to basically stun lock you until death

I guess the point was to introduce the archer character that you need to change to and then chip away his health from the shore (assuming one of your party members is able to get there in time), but he has so much health, just taking slithers of health off feels like you're cheating via an AI exploit almost

>get past him
>get stuck on this fucker

That's not owl.

Does it? I think he just moves on to next group. All three groups can fail from what I remember.

Oath.

MOONKICKS SON

I quit the game right here, didn't know how to beat them. I got my refund after literally a whole day of trying to beat them

You fucking retard.

First and Second parties can fail. The Third must succeed.

>no one knows about the Giant Ring at the top of that room

w...what?

>fighting this nigger at 11 years old

between the Lynx fight before it and this I ragequit and stopped playing for about two weeks

felt so great finally killing it and progressing with the game which went on to be one of my favourites

>tfw didn't fully understand the parry mechanic until the second time you fight monsoon

i don't know how i made it that far

I'm such an idiot when it comes to mechanics these days

>YOUR HOPE ENDS HERE, AND YOUR MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE WITH IT

That boss was a 1 hour lesson on why I'm shit at the sphere grid. He's also at a point of no return iirc so I had to restart my save. Hardest late-mid point boss I fought for some time.

>quitting
You are faggot if her Boss Theme didn't make you keep fighting.

youtube.com/watch?v=kq_YIce8hNc

I beat him on the first try.

Had more problem with Nekkars and Endregas gangs than him.

I really hope this is a joke

How is that even possible?

>It's optional but it's shitty because Teddie tells you about it way earlier than you even stand a chance
This. Teddie was like "Hey faggots, something's happening in the boss room, go check that shit out"

I also always quit my playthrough every time I reached the boss and got destroyed by it.

yeah but when it comes out randomly at night and you're not prepared you're pretty much fucked.

I could parry a few times but i think I misunderstood the input, so I wouldn't parry every time I attempted it

I knew I was doing something wrong but scraped through enough to not need to work it out

>expert mode
>"this is going to be a terrible night"
>completely unprepared
>absolutely no chance

why won't they release a tales of anthology on steam and be done with it ?

I want to play through vesperia so bad and there's a bunch of titles I never played which are probably very good too.

>hey user, are you good at parrying yet?
>you better be

>Play persona in hard mode
>decent challenge
>bear fuck tells me about extra boss
>see my brother play it doesn't look that hard in normal mode
>get to him
>reflect physical
>rampage hitting me for almost all my HP
>literally impossible to beat him

I later figure out I was too low of a level. I was fucking salty and the highschool shit was boring as fuck and I dropped the game.

Best part was that it wasn't even any harder getting to him so you wouldn't expect him to kick your shit in, hardcore mode.

This fucking cunt on the highest difficulty

I STILL have no fucking idea how to dodge his 1 shot throw move. I basically just go through all my healing and revival items and hope they are enough.

NGS2 on Master Ninja is just not fun, 99.99% of all your deaths will be to one shot grabs.

You're supposed to throw the debris lying around at it

I hate rpgs that are so level dependent. Persona/SMT is not really like that but early game is the struggle. I got to the king like level 10 or 11 in hard mode I thought the boss being a much higher level was a hard mode thing.

I got him down to like 25% too but I think that was luck honestly.

matadormind

I was a DMC player for some time and this fucking shit owned me for a bit. But compared to others A&R was easy as shit and jester kicked my ass.

Was a bit hard, but not nearly as hard as the other shit in the game. It's cake compared to the first game.

No fuck that
I'm playing through with a friend, we have literally every pre-Hardmode health buff furniture/item (including honey) and we still die continuously to this cunt.

To be fair though it's mostly because my friend is a shitter who can't stay alive for 30 seconds at a time.

How about misinterpreted sprites?

All you need is to not be a nervous faggot and fumble with your shit instead of focusing it on him when the chance comes. Use a melee weapon for making it even easier.

>alma
>not this nigger

This fucker was the first fucking boss. The FIRST ONE, too.

did it in first try, surprisingly

now Shiva pushes my shit in

FUCK YOU
Until I learned you were actually a bitch.

witcher is needlessly difficult sometimes

For some reason F.L.U.D.D. doesn't drop you a hint somewhere along the lines of "When his mouth's open, that's your chance!" and I never figured it out for myself. None of the slime piranhas require you to aim for the mouth, they just die after you spray them enough. Had to consult a walkthrough.

Also not pictured is the Slime Boss from Toy Story 2 on N64. Still don't know how to beat him to this day. So I put in a cheat code to skip that level.

But you didn't beat autism

FUCK THIS GAME.

this is nuclear throne right? is it any good?

TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG

ugh god this boss fucking sucks hard.i beat 3 and 4 just fine, then i got to the final fucking boss of 2 and said fuck this

it would be goat if it wasn't locked at 30FPS for absolutely no reason.

It is still a solid game, and imo better than gungeon.

I don't remember as a kid but I took max 2 tries when I played the collection past year. The dragon took a few tries but I remember beating her on my second attempt when I was younger. Whatever I did then made her hilariously easy, I was ready for a tough fight but didn't get one. Guess I got very lucky.

I don't know man, for me the hardest boss of KH1 even when I replayed it last year was easily medusa, but that is probably due to the fact the underwater controls sucked ass.

You just have to spam attacks on Medusa. She can barely hit you

random lighting strikes everywhere, donald kept dying like a moron and goofy was fucking useless as well.

ok, i'll check it out, i had my eye on it

a.pomf.cat/ermdom.webm
>he can't beat little shitter without good weapons
>he requires "thinking" to beat little shitter
>being shit

torrent it, devs are lazy as fuck, rami even admitted it, pretty sure PSVita fags are crying right now because of bugs

this has to be bait

So why didnt you use Ariel? She's OP in that fight.

what? the first jak and daxter game is notorious for being too easy, lol.

That one Soul Calibur 2 mission where you have to beat Berserker.

With the exploding floor trap

He's piss easy

literally, LITERALLY the first thing you do in the entire game after getting FLUDD is fight a goo piranha plant which is defeated when you spray water in its mouth

I don't exactly know why but I told myself I'd never play without donald or goofy.

Unless the story required it I only played with these two guys, to be honest the maininterest I had with the game was because of nostalgia of old disney stuff, and I watched mickey mania way more than any disney movie.

kind of an odd one but if you are trying to get all the cards in ff8 zells mom is harder than half the bosses on that disk.

>clayton is hard
pic related, its me

Not early in the game, but this scared me so bad I never went back to the Distant Spring.

The worst thing is finding out that he can follow you back to your base and absorb all the Pikmin you left there.

I did this too!!!

Letho was easy compared to Kayran (I didn't have upgraded roll and I couldn't dodge the tentacles until 20 tries later when I realized running was faster than un upgraded roll).

you have to be shitting me
i one-shotted him without playing any DMC game ever before, still didn't beat it because i got bored

You fucking niggers really disappoint me if you actually fucking held the game off for years because of this. I was 6 years old when I played Sonic 3 and obviously I didn't know what the fuck I was doing the first time, I walked back, went back, tried to do a bunch of shit and eventually I figured it out. As a kid, you really don't think and you just do a bunch of shit to see what works.

>cutscenes you can't skip

This is a crime against humanity

my only gripe about PS1 games. Some PS2 games still did it also...

Don't know if it's been posted, but Kongol. No matter what I did, I just couldn't beat him when I was younger. I used up all my items, always tried to stay healed, but it just didn't work.

youtube.com/watch?v=6RFixHOYvEs

The problem is when something appears to be working when it actually isn't. I remember fighting the final boss in The Lion King for a long time because I didn't know you could throw enemies as an adult. It took a long time before I started experimenting with combinations of buttons to see if there was something else I could do. Why didn't I try it sooner? Because the final boss looked like he was taking damage when you jumped on him and hit him.

I clutched it out with one card left.

I went to the bottom of new Londo thinking I'd find the undeground bell there. I didn't but It meant I found an item which made curse lizards pretty much a non threat.

even with his shit halved he did at least 100-200 damage to my entire team with every attack

How was Letho hard? I just hit him with the sword.
I needed several tries for that fucking Kayran, though. Shitty boss fight.

My 3 year old self couldn't handle this boss fight.

Really?
THAT'S who you had trouble with?
Did you not have a Runemaster or something?

Putting out the lava scales in the room is harder than the fight itself.

what the fuck dude

not gonna lie I had to check if I had to stay here and fight or go back up like a faggot.

That was the real Clayton when u kill the lizard the harambes throw him in the river

Stray was easier than asylum, desu. His moveset is slower and more predictable, even if it deals more damage.

This fucker

Nice filename user

Holy shit. I just realized the tips of his spears are fashioned like dragon heads. I played the game back when it was first released and all this time I thought it was just a purposeless edgy design.

RULE 95 kid CONCENTRATE!

It was hilarious cause just a few years ago, a bunch of my friends were at one place just playing shit, and one of them got to this part and was getting so worked up that I went "Just push up and down". He looked at me, then did it, and then hung his head in shame, saying how he was trying to do that for weeks.

how is that not the first thing you try when you realize the platform is stuck ?

You can remember the name of Mount Gagazet, but not Seymour?

5 year old me could never figure this fight out

>Attempt to use a Gastly to evade her Stomps
>Scrappy

fucking CHRIST, the only thing they could have done more cruel would be to make it hold a Metronome to buff Rollout or Leftovers.

iirc unless you wanted to train Machop up you had to get some luck in with AI Roulette/accuracy hax since Miltank is a massive wall for physical stuff as well

I remember Wight Knight in DQ9 wrecking my ass a lot

but that was because I was a retard and decided to try and fight him solo the first time and ate all those multithrusts

then I made a party without a priest so had to make do with the Minstrel's shitty heals and consumable items

Not really an early boss but I remember Goresby Purrvis being an absolutely mean difficulty spike

duriel was a JOKE

>he can't beat the asylum demon
Why do you even play games?

>tfw doing a lvl 1 critical run
>tfw beat every org xiii data fight but marluxia
>tfw a single hit from him kills you

In Viewtiful Joe, you either understood the tutorial or you spend 10 hours dying to a helicopter and quit the game.

I got stuck for a few days on Del Lago

That fight is janky as fuck.

about to be this guy. Gettin' real sick of his shit.

This, but I used a turbopad. Poor Tails however took me 10 years to finish the game as him.

source?

Its literally just pressing right on the thumbstick to avoid the floating shit and not get kicked off.
Or you could skip the whole fight by throwing 3 grenades into the lake and shooting into the lake afterwards.

This game was hard as balls.

Mah nigga.

>you didn't space out your party to avoid his AoE status attack
It has a frontal cone range, even though it looks like it hits everywhere. I just remember Vaan doing clutch Fireball blocks since his guard was at like 50%.

Second boss in Legend of Lagaia (Ps1) is so fucking difficult that it made me drop the game multiple times. Even replaying at progressively older ages, it's still a huge cockblock.

What is this meme?

I've playes KH three times start to finish and never remembered Clayton being difficult.

I'm not amazing at the game. I think in KH1 Sephiroth is difficult, and Ice Titan is annoying. And in KH2 Xaldin is hard.

Pro tip: you can summon an aeon to sacrifice to Seymour Flux's rape attack.

That was pretty much the only time I used Yuna.

WHy the FUCK would you put the hardest boss at the beginning?? A waste of $20

Baron's car is more than enough to beat him

>what is rakakuja
>what is fog breath
>what is null / drain force

see:

But Laurence was the hardest.

>Matador is hard
After hearing this so much, I expected to be in for a real challenge when I got to him, but he's so easy. It blows my mind that people have so much difficulty with him.

I did this too for like half an hour

>luca
>early boss

literally JUST buy a shit load of bombs or firegems and stun lock her

boss gave me the most shit i think

You can roll away from all of his attacks. Whole fight takes less than a minute

Boyo you don't even know tweenie me spent WAY too fucking long until I FINALLY managed to cheese his ai into running circle before I no joke punched him to death.

heck even on the pc version I had to cheese him again by glitching a pillar I could shoot past but he couldn't

Bullshit man

Kayran was not tough, it was just bullshit. That boss was a really, really bad low point for the game, I can't fathom what could they have been thinking.

I had no problem quessing what I was supposed to do (TRAP IT WITH THE YRDEN) but it required stupid precision so that I thought I must have been doing something wrong. And don't get me started on the QTE's.

Goddammit, I still get angry thinking about it.

I fucking sell my game because I didn't know how to pass that part.

All races in Most Wanted scale to your cars stats so...

i dont doubt there was at least one retard that did this.

Lost Odyssey

all me ;)

Eloborate the encounter or eat shit.

Ludwig > OoK > Maria > Failures > Lolrence
He shambles around slowly and drops lava, not a hard mechanic desu.

LOOK BROTHER

Expect some relies from people who fought this boss after being O&S.

FF2 on the SNES all in all was rough for me as a kid.

That is pure autism, user

Can someone seriously be this oblivious?

Oh this asshole, completely assraped my pretty op group for the area. I was afraid of nuthing! Fucking mushroom cloud then barbecued.

>the maininterest I had with the game was because of nostalgia of old disney stuff

I had the same feeling. KH is kinda ruined for me now the focus is more on Final Fantasy.

Fucking this asshole on hard. Such a huge jump in difficulty.

Jokes aside;
>be me
>11 yo circa 2005
>played Spider Man 2 on PS2
>managed so far by beating everything and swing around
>Rhino fight
>didn't know English
>didn't know I should have spider-sensed when he charged and knocked out a lot
>Noped it out
>later that week, tried the same thing
>won against Rhino WITHOUT using spider sense
Looking back, how the fuck did I do that!?