The Witcher 3

Is this the only 12/10 game to ever be created?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvl7-XlaY
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/03/the-witcher-3-keeps-looking-better-and-better/#52afb8003c9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Been having trouble getting back into it after finally killing the first Griffin.

I doubt it'll play a huge role, but I'm debating what choices to import from Witcher 2.

Yes

Its one of the only AAA games in a while that managed to live up to its hype

the combat is so mediocre to me. the only game I dropped due to combat

Why do people speak lowly of this game's combat when it's on the same level as Dark Souls?

I love both series, but it's just strange to me that people tolerate Dark Souls 1's combat but not The Witcher's.

How do people just excuse the bad writing and combat?

Having some notable characters doesn't make the story any less cliche or repetitive. And the combat, while serviceable, should have been a big red mark on the game yet critics always give it a pass even when they point it out

Witcher 3 has got to be the most bribed GOTY winner in recent memory

>it's on the same level as Dark Souls

>bad writing

>it's on the same level as Dark Souls

Not nearly as tight or polished as a souls game

William-sama?

Who else turns down the fucking music? Jesus just stopppppppp.

I thought the music was 10/10 in most cases.

Best game of my life, alongside ocarina of time

I"m absolutely terrible at Gwent.

Its the same gameplay as any other open world but at least it has some challenge to it. Dont know why retards always defend the mash x parry y combat, fucking newfags ruining everything.

Mediocre combat
MMO style quests and area gating
Ciri is dumb
Bugs

First time playing. Just spent 20 minutes fighting a level 14 Basilisk at level 3 after recently making it to Novingrad.

This game is pleasantly surprising me, combat feels decent and reading up on monsters and brewing potions to fight them is a great change from the usual hit it til it dies.

I've learned that Qwen is broken as fuck though. It's a literal get out of jail free card every 15 seconds or so. It did carry me to a nice new relic sword though, so I ain't complaining.

>shit eating normies who started with Witcher 3 claiming to be big fans

Cred Forums was a mistake

Do characters like Roche and Deathmold even show up if you took a different path in Witcher 2?

7/10. if some shit game like witcher 3 is worth a 10, let alone 12, you need to play better games.

Souls combat has always just been circle strafe and abuse i-frames. Which are inheriently shit since they're non intuitive and you have to learn from trial and error with no visual or audio indicator of when they're effective. Let's not forget the shockwaves and other ridiculous shit. I mean I enjoyed every souls game but people really do put that shit on a pedestal as if it's perfect when they go on to nitpick other games

FYI, fighting enemies that are much higher in levels almost never wields a worthwhile reward.

Unless its a place of power, then I say go for it

The Witcher 3 base game is a 7/10

Hearts of Stone is a legitimate 10/10

Blood and Wine is a 6.5/10

It certainly did not live up to the hype. In any way. They promised a game that was on another level, what we got was a by the numbers AAA experience. With worse and more generic writing than the previous two games

youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvl7-XlaY

Naturally, choice features prominently in the story, as well as the game mechanics, of The Witcher 3. With the 'lesser evil' as a key concept, the story puts players before situations in which there is no clear good: do you help an alderman enchain all the village elves he claims are secretly working for the Scoia'tael, or do you stop him at the risk of enabling outsiders to storm the gates and letting outlaws into the city to massacre all the humans? Such hard choices are complemented by the interactivity of dialogue, letting players choose how they speak to other characters, how they shape their relationships, thus determining how NPCs treat them in return.

Each action impacts the story and the game world. NPCs, communities, monsters and locations all change based on player choice - you may rid a fishing village of drowners and watch its economy prosper, or kill a merchant in one town and see his trading partners in another go bankrupt for lack of goods.

A choice once made resonates, its effects both immediate and delayed. Revisit a location where an important story juncture played out, and you're sure to find it transformed by your previous actions. Similarly, a choice made in one corner of the world, pertaining to specific characters, could well breed consequences in other lands, among other populations.

best waifu rolling through

More proof that CDPR can get away with being sleazy liars while Sean Murray can't

Use your brain, they'll use theirs

Combat is realistic, dynamic and rewarding, featuring smart enemies and living battlefields:
Each of the 80 monsters Geralt can encounter has its own habitat, strengths and weaknesses.
Improved crowd AI means enemies communicate with each other in combat, coordinating their efforts to surround Geralt or deploy combo attacks.
Monsters and other foes do not scale with the player: beasts that crush players with a single swipe at the outset become sword fodder by the game's end.
Enemy morale shapes with their actions: opponents flee or fight more cautiously when scared, attack recklessly when desperate, and beg for mercy on their knees when defeat is inevitable.
The environment is a factor in combat, and Geralt can use it to his advantage: he might destroy a hive to unleash an angry swarm of hornets on a foe, or cast the Aard Sign to bury a group of thugs beneath a toppled stack of barrels.

>Each action impacts the story and the game world. NPCs, communities, monsters and locations all change based on player choice - you may rid a fishing village of drowners and watch its economy prosper, or kill a merchant in one town and see his trading partners in another go bankrupt for lack of goods.

You can do anything!!

who the fuck is this

/thread

It's just that Fromdrones are butthurt even to this day that Bloodborne got swept under the rug by The Witcher 3.

aaanyhting, ANYTHING

>Why do people speak lowly of this game's combat when it's on the same level as Dark Souls?

It's not even close. Encounters in Dark Souls are tense and challenging. Witcher 3 is super easy, there are no good bosses or enemy variety. Even quests that they created stories for , or build special locations for boil down to fighting the same reskined enemies, and they're all super easy with dumb ai

More like 13/10 if you ask me.

Writing was great and combat was better than most Action RPGs.

Witcher 1 has horrible combat I don't know what the rest of (You) are smoking. 2 and 3 looks so much more improved. Maybe if the game wasn't such a slog, I'd get around to playing the rest of the trilogy. But I need to finish 1 first.

>Having some notable characters doesn't make the story any less cliche or repetitive.

Most of the notable characters are from the books, and they still managed to butcher some in the worst hack way possible. Like Avallach, Eredin, Triss, Ciri

Yennefer was pretty good I must admit. So was Djikstra.

Then there were notable characters from the books that the game did absolutely nothing with, like Fringilla Vigo

But the writing wasn't anything to brag about.

what is this interview, i need a link? This is hilarious to read.

I got it from here

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/03/the-witcher-3-keeps-looking-better-and-better/#52afb8003c9c

Witcher 3
>tap dodge then tap strong attack until the enemy is dead

Dark Souls
>tap dodge then tap strong attack until you are dead from shitty hitboxes

>same level

What's the deal with the School of the Cat? I know they were dismantled but didn't bother reading any of the documents that you find with the gear. Also I happened to find this stray Cat witcher after he slaughtered some town.

They turned into assassins for hire.

That's all you'll be getting from me. You illiterate hillbilly.

The difference is that when CDPR were asked wether the VATS thing would be in the game a year before release, they said no. They didn't dodge questions. Vats was meant to be in the game but they couldn't pull it off. They tried to make something ambitious and special but it turned into generic AAA slop

>bad combat
>shit enemy variety
>terrible boss battles
>majority of quests are linear
>ciri is one of the worst examples of a marie sue in a long time
>still no promised extensive mod tools
>downgrading

Yeah it sure is perfect my polack friend

This, the only thing in the game that was 10/10 was the enviroments, the visuals, the cutscene animations.

I would put it in 10/10 bracket if it had better gameplay like

>more enemy variety
>more bosses and better bosses
>more gameplay and combat styles
>smooth diffiiculty curve
>make exploraton rewarding and fun

Or if it had a mindblowingly good story (which lets be honest it doesn't, the game peaks with the baron and the crones then it fizzles out).

Most quest are monotonous. Combat is very MMOish. Its far from 10/10 let alone GoTY.

>Most quest are monotonous. Combat is very MMOish

These complaints are getting more and more retarded.

It is, well it was GOTY