Digimon Cyber Sleuth

>Better than the Pokemon games
>Barely gets talked about
Let's have a Digimon thread.

Yuuko is for ____?

>after 20 years, Digimon fans still have such a complex that they can't talk about Digimon without reeeeee'ing about Pokemon first

>he doesn't only play hard mode

I just started the game and I died in my first battle on hard that I switched to normal

>Barely gets talked about

We talked a lot about it when it came out. Not much to do after you beat the game. The replay value is low.

I don't even know what the hell to do.

>better than pokemon games
>a game with no strategy besides putting resurect skills on all your characters and spamming signature moves

Pussy you ain't seen nothing yet

Eaters

As opposed to pokemon strategy which has been the same cookie cutter shit since gen 3

>max lvl with 1 abi off

The struggle is real

Still better than digishit

>playing on easy/normal
Yeah shame the endgame was nothing after you beat all the secret quests

But I did have a hell of a journey getting every single digimon unlocked and basically having an unstoppable party

Fuck the medals though, only last 2 trophies I'm missing and I gave up on it

That one was fucked up. Knowing the attack type made it easy after losing the first time. Fuck those AoE debuffs.

I wouldn't know, I don't play video games. I'm an adult.

Cyber Sleuth meta is worse. It needs a 1 of each Digimon limit. I've done online and you end up going against shit like 3 MirageGaogamon with their Evasion boost passive skills stacking or 3 MetalGarurumon with stacking Speed boost passive skills.

It's basically SMT

>luster candy

>agi/str/int boosts

>4 attacks in a row before I can do anything
Literally FUCK this guy

>first random encounter on hard
>it's against 2 other rookie digimon
>barely win, having to go through my entire initial item supply just to survive
>"Man, this shit is not fucking around when they say hard mode"
>realize later that it's the hardest encounter in the area with a ~5% rate of occuring

Kek

This faggot made me drop the difficulty back to normal

lvl 99 lilithmon was barely hurting him with signature, what the fuck

How the FUCK do you beat the final level of the offline coliseum?

This shit is fucking cheating. What the fuck?

Should I buy it for $16, I have a huge backlogs. Should I just wait for it to go on sale for less later on?

forgot my pic

Seems you dropped your image but I'm guessing

Belphemon?

After ch 11 boss I mostly went with the idea of checking attack patterns for my next attempt. Although final boss was quite easy this one not so much.

I bought it for 60
It was worth every penny

You had a level 99 easy win button and you still couldn't beat a non endgame/royal knights boss?

great game. had a lot of fun.

why do great games only come during the spring, but general casual games in the fall?

just sayin.

Totally worth it. I bought at release and didn't stop till I got every digimon. Also the dlc free ones.

Fuck the medals though.

Maybe he didnĀ“t increase her INT had shit states and got her killed early?

He still got 3-4 turns for each of my 1s and could heal to full with his aoe faster than I could kill him

It's not like there was much strategy involved

At end game there is no easy win button. Many bosses are just impossible to beat without Sakuyamon and Ulforceveemon.

I loved the game. It's not an amazing game in any way though, it's just a basic JRPG for people who enjoy it and enjoy Digimon.
Got some pretty hard bosses on the hardest difficulty though later on.

Ami > all

How similar is Digimon World DS to this or the rest of the series?

And mastemon

Build a very powerful team. I somehow did it. Use multiple UlforceVeemon.

Cyber Sleuth is a better version of Pokemon and a lighter version of SMT.

Posting best girl

Broooother!

>only 249

What are some digimon you wish were in that weren't?

Is there ever a hope for DSCS 2?

Azulongmon is my choice

>never seen digimon except for like 3 of them
>buy game because Cred Forums liked it and a friend as well
>roomate wanted to play game as well
>am sick, can't stay focused on anything
>roomate plays, watch with in-and-out-focus
>he suddenly digivolves this

god i have to get better holy shit i laughed so hard.

Not that user, but I'd like more armour evolutions personally.

Doesn't really answer the question...

Also more Digimom from Frontier.

I haven't played the DS games, but Cyber Sleuth is a JRPG essentially. Just give me a brief outline and I'll tell you how similar it is.

New Digimon Tri is out by the way.

Isn't pic related a lighter version of SMT?

would those even count since they need humans?

I meant easier when I said lighter, but is Yokai Watch like that? Might try it out.

They could make it a special evolution like the armour ones maybe? They also could add more of the villains that were Digimon.

>i still haven't beat lucemon

Get two UlForceVeemon, have them use debuffs and buffs and have one Digimon do all of the attacking. I think that's what I did. He has three forms though, I think.

I miss those guys ;-;

>literally fuck this guy
>literally
>fuck
I would if I could.

disgusting furfag
scalies a best

The gameplay has zero depth, though.

Beat all the royal knights and dlc bosses and see if you can say that again

>I'm an adult
that browses Cred Forums

Is Yokai Watch fun? I played the demo for the new one and I'm really digging the music but can't really get into the combat. Maybe it's better when I can actually build up my own team of guys?
Also I don't understand the 2nd combat style at all, even after a half dozen random battles and fighting the extra boss.

Who thought this was an acceptable outfit? You can't put on something that only covers your chest and wear nothing else.

Same, although I only payed 39.99.

Tell me about Appmon

are they basically Digimon petpets?

It looks better than the "leather + thousands of belts and guns" that seems to plague other humanoid digimon

First and only game I've platinumed.
Getting those medals was annoying, but luckily it didn't take long for the quest-exclusive medals to show up for me.
I don't feel like turning my system on to check, but I'm pretty sure I got every digimon too.

No, and why would you think that?

I remember cheesing my way through most of the game by using Wargreymon's Great Tornado+Accelerate.

Well they're like digimon

but smaller. In general.

Instead of developing in computer networks, Appmon developed in cellular networks

They can evolve normally and combine to evolve, base level is chibi, Super is still chibi, Ultimate and further are full sized

There is a 3DS game developed by Inti Creates very reminiscent of Mega Man Battle Network and Star Force with its setting and deck building system

>Too much dialogue
>Characters fall flat
>Pseudo environment's
>Shit story

Not even worth a rental

maybe they like the feel of the wind?

That's only because bosses are stronger than normal. There's not really a whole lot of strategy involved. The PvP is ass because there's only a handful of viable mons and three main elements. Somehow, this game is even less balanced than Pokemon. Almost everyone starts out with UlforceV-dramon.

Eve was a pain but Eater Adam on hard is one of the few fights in a video game i've ever played that made me feel so hopelessly outmatched that I just straight up turned the difficulty down.

Its just downright fucking oppressing how badly I got smacked the first time i fought him.

I have a lot of hope for Appmon.
The Demo's been fun and the entire premise of the series is about "trying to recapture what made Digimon magical while not just sticking to the forumla"

The main character is an introverted guy who screams "secondary" character, who is surrounded by "secondary" characters who all act like protagonists.

I just hope it doesn't choke like Arc-V of XYZ

How have you plated this and not P4/G?

my last two trophies in DSCS are medals, fuck that shit. I tried but gave up.

>Better than Pokemon
Top kek, funniest thing I've read on Cred Forums today.

Pirated it on my Vita.
Spoiler : It's shit.

Now if they would have continued with the digimon WORLD style of gameplay? Yes, it would have shit on Pokemon, but Cyber Sleuth s party based system itself is dog shit at its very core.

At least it has some fan service going for it, but that's all it has.

Why does no new game include ________ Digimon?

>giga seadramon

Not him but how long did this take you? I wanna try to platinum it but don't know if I should even bother. Also what's the hardest trophy?

I agree

Took me 130 hours, 2.5 playthroughs

you might think maxing ALL slinks would be the hardest but it wasn't...

Read EVERY book

just like pokemon games

Is that a kiss fan hanging out with two school shooters?

Yes LOL

>playing as a boy
found the faggot

Actually, it's Genwunners who are still mad about Klefki, Vanillite and Garbador flocking back to Digimon when they trashed it back in Gen I. Actual Digimon fans never shat on Pokemon and accepted it was always more popular.

You should've stayed on Hard.

It's only difficult in the beginning because you're only fighting with one Digimon.

It'll get painfully easy and boring in a bit for you.

It's good if you like digimon, but some of the quests are annoyingly tedious.

Beat examon and crusadermon today. Wasnt on hard though.

Turn it to hard and redo it

Hard mode is garbage anyhow.

It's not like the enemy has better strategies or anything, they just get more turns.

>spent 6 hours soft resetting for those exp USBs

Was worth it tbfh.

Already saved and shit.
Ill play it on hard once ive beat the story.

And more damage and you do less damage

Normal was literally babby mode and easy was why even play the game tier

Hard was the only way to go

That just sounds like artificial difficulty. Why not just wait for new game plus and then putbit on hard?

Cyber Sleuth has one of the worst translations in an officially sold modern video game I have ever seen.
This normally wouldn't be a problem but it insists on droning on and on without ever actually saying anything.
Cutting up a single line and pasting parts of it into three dialogue options is laughable and highlights how most dialogue options do literally nothing.

Filling the Pokedex was like crack in monster-raising form, though.

Side quest Leopardmon fight was the most hellish battle in the game. I didn't realize I could wrecked so hard even with max level Digimon.

Pussies

>stop having fun on easy

It was confusing when the cops kept talking about Bakemon. Fucking translation.

I've seen far worse. Cyber Sleuth just needed more time spent on editing.

I've only played 1, but from what I've heard 2 doesn't change much at all of the main gameplay in battles. The thing is with the demos they don't do a very good job at letting you actually see how the game plays, an example is with the YW1 demo you could do a Soultimate every single battle without consequence while in the actual game they have to recharge during battle, and it takes several battles to actually build a single one up(Or a long battle in general) on top of giving you level 15 Yokai for a level 1 area.

Early on you can just massacre everything, but you soon start hitting roadblocks where you actually need to care, and come endgame and the postgame that's where they start smacking your face telling you you better understand how to play. Endgame and postgame is a world of difference, it's switching characters out to soak up certain hits, certain Yokai combos for better damage or better defense, special items to let them do different roles, etc, and that's on top of all the inspirits you deal with and your own Soultimates.

Now, don't take this as it being hard, it's only hard in postgame and only just, for most of the game it's a test of patience with the garbage recruitment rates and the grinding you have to do just to continue at times. However, the characters are fun, the music is great, if you're ever seen Attack of the Friday Monsters or Boku no Natsuyasumi then you'll understand the Japanese village feel and the feeling of being a kid running around in this village which it does spectacularly, and it is pretty funny.

You can grab the second game if you want since it completely retcons everything from one anyway and is an improvement on most of the systems. The only thing you miss out on is Noko which can only be gotten from Extra Data that 1 creates.