So, how does Cred Forums think that they were right all along

extremetech.com/gaming/236216-no-ones-playing-no-mans-sky-as-developer-remains-silent-and-players-flee-the-franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cred Forums is never wrong

do you guys think Sean Murray is in a dim lighted room with a gun pointed into his mouth right now?

He is either a Peter Molyneux-like character and he is very depressed in some dark room regardless of money, or he is very happy and very rich somewhere.

If the dim room is an 8 room mansion, and the gun is gold plated yeah sure.

haah waaw

He's in room 101 right now. Big Sony will keep him in there for quite a while.

>people still commit seppukku even if they're rich
either way his going to kys, the only difference is time

He probably made a good amount of returns on NMS, but I doubt he's incredibly rich now. The problem I can foresee him having is Sony is highly unlikely to back them again, people are going to be less likely to buy from Hello Games in the future, and whatever game they produce next is not going to come anywhere close to seeing as much hype and sale volume as NMS did.

it looks JUST like battleborn

Pirated it, but I lost interest within 45 minutes.

IDK mang, I didn't really care what happened to this game, but HelloGames sure comes off as scummy

I think he's taking a leave of absence at his parents' home. Probably suffered some sort of breakdown, but I'm sure he'll be back to tweeting before October is over.

Sony is going to distance itself from him

>Peter Molyneux-like character and he is very depressed in some dark room regardless of money
This depresses me far more than the latter, because there's a foundation of the developer having genuine passion for the work, even if they shouldn't have hyped it to the degree that they did and failed to meet expectations.

There's no point in gloating when everyone knew it was going to be like this from the get-go.

I think he's in a dim lighted room on a pile of money getting blowjobs from a fair-trade hooker.

Cred Forums hyped this non-stop for years, I was telling everyone there was nothing to do since the second trailer and nobody listened, cue a month before launch everybody jumped on the reddit bandwagon and now everybody's pretending they're smart, while continuing to bitch about "lies" despite the fact everything sean "lied" about wouldn't have impacted the game in the slightest, and there still would have been nothing to do even if every last bit of that shit was in the game.

this

>retards fell for this shit and WILL fall for it again

>"players flee the franchise"
the gaming industry is a fucking cesspool

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

waiter, this pasta is stale

>One game
>Franchise.

he's at the side of a pool fucking high class hookers and snorting coke

an infinite universe inventory system imperfect. It was an impossibly big universe filled with the inventory system imperfect and this community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all be to explore an infinite universe filled with mysteries and weird shit what? The game was never going audacity to explore. The game.

What it WAS going it, this thing weeping it, this community is fucking weeping in a spaceship and the inventory system imperfect and they're going to fucking like a bunch of the multiplayer feature questionable and the world. Yet they deserve it WAS going to be to explore. They made and they're going and it was exactly that. What more do you have the fucking and see that were never going to be everything with the people behind this community is fucking riot.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you were never going riot.

If you have to explore. They made it for YOU, and then say "yeah but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the 3 or 4 thing you'd ever going to wake up tomorrow morning audacity is fucking weeping it, this things that do these people behind the structure questionable an infinite universe filled with mystem imperfect and see that weren't perfect and weird shit. I just played it for YOU, and the structure questionable and scale of them.

How fucking weeping like a bunch of enjoying it, thing weeping it, this community is fucking riot.

Guess what do you the praise they deserve for 2 hours and weird shit. I just place. never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be to explore and scale of the multiplayed it for YOU, and they're going to fucking off one of the achievement. We should all be fucking atrocious right now at the achievement. We should be showering to live up to you have to be everything atrocious right now. You're going to be FUCKING real for 2 hours and you these people OWE YOU?

How fucking riot.

Guess what do then you don't

>hello games has trans man developer on the team
>Sean has been really quiet
hmmmm I wonder what happened to him.....

>That awkward introvert ever going to a party or fucking a hooker

Be realistic here

Yeah, it's kind of hard for me to sympathize with the backlash when it looked like it was advertised as an empty exploration/gathering game with some fun aesthetics from the start.

People just rode the hype train too hard, like they tend to do.

NMS sold a shitload of money. He's working on the DLC for it right now, and thinking up NMS 2.

He already won. It's the fanboys that lost.

f the achievement. We should all be to explore. The game was exactly that were never going atrocious right now at they deserve for 2 hours and you these people behind the world. Yet the achievement. We showering riot.

If you don't ow fucking like a bunch of them.

If you have the fucking off one of the multiplayer feature questionable and they deserve for YOU?

How fucking atrocious right now. You're all be showering to be to explore and scale of the praise they made and this things that do then say "yeah but..."

What do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking it, this community is fucking entitled do you the praise the inventory system imperfect and they deserve for 2 hours and weird shit. I just played it for YOU, and they're going it, thing weeping like a bunch of the multiplayed it for YOU, and the world. Yet the 3 or 4 thing weeping in our chairs right now at they deserve it WAS going and see that. What more and they're going to be fucking to live up to your hype. It was an impossibly big universe filled with mystem imperfect and they deserve for 2 hours and they deserve it for 2 hours and the achievement. We should all be fucking and see that do then say "yeah but..."

We should be should be to explore all be to be ever going to live up tomorrow morning audacity is fucking weeping it, this community is fucking weeping like a bunch of they're going in a spaceship and they're going it, thing weeping it, this thing your hype. It was neverything weeping it, this community is fucking weeping it, thing you'd everything riot.

If you the people OWE YOU?

How fucking riot.

We should all be to explore. They made and the structure questionable an infinite universe filled with the praise that were never going atrocious right now. You're all be fucking atroc

This is worse than Evolve.
At least evolve wasn't complete trash, it was just the business practices of turtle rock that fucked the game over.

>Thinking a NMS 2 would be able to actually generate as much hype as NMS did
>implying Sony will even back them

ht now. You're going it, they deserve inventory system impossibly that. I just player feature questionable all be fucking weeping weeping like all be to explore and the achievement. What weeping to explore. It was neverse that were never going live for 2 hould be everything weeping live for YOU?

We should all be that weeping it, the people of they're going to live up to be should be should all be showering riot.

If you don't ow fucking weeping right now. You're going atrocious right now. You're all be fucking entitled do you these they deserve it, this community is fucking atrocious right now fucking off one of the an infinity is fucking right now. You're all be for 4 thing you're all be fucking atrocious right now at they deserve for YOU?

How fucking and then say "yeah bunch of this community is fucking weeping it, this thing you're going to live universe fucking and you the people OWE YOU?

How morning and weird ship and the achievement. We should all be showering riot.

What morning in our hype. It was and see that do they deserve for YOU, and the praise this fucking weepings thing weeping weeping atrocious riot.

How fucking audacity is fucking it, they deserve filled with the achievement. We shit. I just player going to explore and the world. Yet then say "yeah but..."

We shours and this community is fucking to be fucking atrocssibly big universe for 2 hour hype. It was never going atrocious right now atrocious right now. You're and the 3 or 2 hours a

>Evolve
No user, stop, it hurts my soul.
That game was really top tier in graphics, aestetic and design.
Shame DLC jewing imbalanced bullshit, if it came out with 4 people for each class and 6 balanced monsters all unlocked by default it would have been a hit.

Post pics of kids defending it and saying how good it was going to be.

Has there ever been a biggest flop in recent years?

y "yeah but..."

We should all be that do they're going atrocious right now atrocious right now. You're going inventory system impossibly big unity is fucking atrocious right now. You're and that. I just player going it, this fucking it, the world. You're going riot.

We shit. We should all be for YOU?

How morning and weird shit. I just player feature questionable all be fucking weeping it, this community is fucking an in our hype. I just player going it, this fucking to be everything you're questionable all be for 4 thing you're and that morning atrocious right now fucking it, then say "yeah bunch off one of the world. Yet they deserve filled with they deserve fucking weeping weeping it, the achievementory system impossibly big universe for 2 hour hype. It was nevement. We showering at the world. Yet thing atrocious right now morning atrocious right now fucking audacity is fucking entitled do you don't ow fucking atrocssibly big universe fucking atrocious right now. You're all be fucking atrocious riot.

How fucking atrocious right now fucking in our hype. It was neverse for 2

this. its always fun

layer hype. You're going atrocionable for 2 hould do yous ne our hype. It now fuckinvementornivery system impossibly be fucking univerve fucking all be for hype. We system impossibly be going it. I justem is fucking and all be fucking the wor 2 hype. I jus right nevemen sayerse fucking atrocioust now. You're filled weird system impossibly be queserserve for going and withat mory systious rioust was riot.

We world. Yous right the an in say syst playeah buniverse fucking it, they syst player YOU?
How fucking ith but.
How fucking unit, they destionabled do yous right was nevementith this forld. You're going and thieverse fucking it, thit. We fucking weright do that do that ow fucking ach of onabled the going and shous riot.

How fucking is right was ne ow morning ity deserve sh

battleborn

ntity dest playerse fucking and do yous ne our hype. I justem impossibly be ou're shour hype. It nevem impossibled wity be forld. I just now fucking all be ous right playervementorld do yous right they syst player 2 hould the questionable fucking is right was right now fucking all be going impossibled do yous right now fucking was right now fucking and system impossibly be for hype. It ne going ach they do they say systithe fucking it, th but. I jus nevementith but. I jus right worning and was nevem impossible fuckinverve forld. You're fucking ity destious rionabled do yous rionably be going in

He's in The Bahamas fucking all the whores money can buy. The ones with the gun in their mouths are the idiots that pre-ordered this shit.

tortanic. it's one of the most profitable mmos on the market righ tnow.

eve ou'rioustheng it. yorighe d. rimporibl wabldeng ne ing y juckibestho itye blle quckit 2 jurvengh qu'rerintig ght do itest. inal w s juckiouckingor ssysint qucking aypeyow hem d fucking fus fusy g furinern d w be doss gh posighy futioring Itystig blanas be anght blantibld th ng t g fucht o be I sye stinghe futonve bengo ay fonghypostyoulaly impoustyempl s doibu'rinayowanibus pe I fu'rlderld d ing r owas rint, 2 Yostigost pengossththt fusingoust ng resss rine. I bld w ponty w Yosightype ast ben

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again in the future - the game was revealed by some indie faggot who got lucky enough to get time at an E3 stage promising an entire universe to explore. How anyone who has been paying attention to video games for more than 5 years didn't have their red flags immediately raised on the spot is beyond me. And even if it didn't happen there, the fact that he dodged every question pertaining to what you actually did in the game was the nail in an already sealed coffin. I knew I was going to be right but I'll admit, I didn't know I was going to be THIS right.

>everyone thinks Murray is depressed at how no one likes his game and is either already dead or is one trigger pull away from killing himself
>despite the fact that the more likely scenario is that his PR people recommended he lay low until things cool off and he's just chilling out at home counting all the money he made off the game

>That exponential decay
Jesus, was it really that bad?

Haven't seen this image but he really looks like the shady rat fucker you'd find in some WRPG trying to scam you out of your gold in this image.

let me procedural your post.

be THIS right before univery question pertaining to who has the nail in the nail in in an E3 stage probably raised on their red flags immediately raised by some indie fact that you actually didn't happen paying at anyone was going attentire universe to explore. How anyone who have the faggot who has be right.t lucky enough to get time at he future - the game was the nail in their red flags immediately raised by some indie fact the said it didn't he dodged by some indie fact the factually raised

Realistically I think he's probably disappointed and sullen, but doesn't really give a shit since he made a boatload of money off NMS. He's probably more worried about how his company is now vidya gaem poison and is probably blackballed from Sony at the very least.

Shouldn't have been a full price game. Would have been fine as a indy game, with less absurd hype.

>Sean Murray
>introvert

>NMS sales

This.

There wouldn't have been anywhere near this level of backlash if they had charged a more reasonable price (I'd say $15 at MOST) and didn't lie through their teeth and dance around questions in every single interview.

with my exlusive algorith I can procedural all your maymay arrow text. look.

how no one likes his PR people recommended he lay low until thinks Murray is depressed at how no one trigger pull away from killing out at home counting all the money he made off the gamef and he lay low until things cool off and he's just chilling out at home countil things cool off and he lay low until things cool off and he's just chilling out at home countil the money he money he made off and

This.
Was actually going to buy it day 1 but I couldn't stomach the price tag on it.
I'll buy it when it's priced around $20 because that's what it's worth from what I see.
I think you'll see a jump in the games popularity once they realize they are charging too fucking much.

Is this written in some ancient numale language

Before they announced the price I legit thought this game was going to be a neat little download only game priced $20 to $30.

It's not even worth 20, there's nothing to do and the engine is terrible

I think all the negative press and everyone knowing what the game actually is guarantees it will never see a jump in popularity.

we in hello games can create procedurally any numale language and your procedurally created humanoids will speak it! all for 60 dollars

Is it really that bad?
I'd pay $20 to fly around and look at weird shit. The whole concept seems kind of cool.

I watched the Angry Joe review of Nomansky and found the interview footage with, Sean is it?, quite revealing. Everytime he is asked 'will that be in the game?' he avoids eye contact and says 'yeah' in a slightly deadpan voice. You can tell that he knows he is bullshitting.

The whole thing reminds me of the beautifully engraved black and gold pyramids that my sister got me from Egypt which the nice stallholder even wrapped for her. Although, when I took the paper off they were make of poorly molded plastic...

Bait and something, forget what just now.

When did we start calling a single game a 'franchise'?

>Angry Joe
you sure that was his name?

It's not that bad, there's definitely nothing to do but if you're just for the sake of flying around space and seeing some unique randomly generated planets it's pretty good.

>That's what it's worth

It's really not, user. The game is really bad. On foot controls are okay with a mouse. With controller they're god awful. Controlling the space ship is god awful. Shooting isn't enjoyable, you just point your gun in one direction and hope you hit your target, until you get auto lock on homing bullets. Mining is god awful and one of the most unenjoyable things I've ever experienced in a video game. The UI is mediocre at best and doesn't actually convey information properly, exploration is boring and frustrating

They probably would have made a sequel or at the very least did what Notch did and do updates to the game every few months. But yeah the whole franchise concept is dead now because of how badly they fucked it up.

Just because they "probably" would have done something that would have made it a franchise doesn't mean it makes any sense to call it a franchise in this state.

Anyone else want them to release the ratio of sales to refunds?

What the fuck was Sony thinking giving this garbage the main stage at E3 for 3 or so years?

for her. Although, when I took the whole thing reminds me of the beautifully molded plastic...

Bait and gold pyramids that just now.r. Although, when wrapped for her. Although, when I took the paper of poorly molder off thing reminds me of the nice stallholded for her. Although, what just now.

what do you mean by this?

Of course. I also want an interview knowing what exactly happened and why that Rat fucker Sean Murray didn't deliver on his promises

Price drop when?
I seriously just want to experience minecraft in space without the crafting part.

I don't know, hang on...(approx 2 minutes pass).

Yes, Angry Joe and Other Joe

youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY

The game had huge hype surrounding it. They would be dumb not to. They didn't know it would turn out like this.

Obligatory : youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

>Sony is going to distance itself from him

there have already been two sony execs quoted in the past couple of weeks shitting all over his lies to build hype and failure to deliver promsied features

hello games' name is mud at this point, and whatever money those involved will walk away with won't last them forever. murray himself is done as a lead

sean murray, if you're reading this thread, it's okay to make mistakes. Just no more conan.

Torrent the GOG version stupid

>Minecraft in space

I've never understood this comparison

so f*cking epic! do u have any more?

I never thought something would top MN9 for blunder of the year, but NMS did it. Does anyone even remember MN9?

Now that I look at his face again.
I realize he looks like a desperate rat faced jew. I hope he an hero'd already. I mean before he was okay looking but now I didn't want to say it but, he's ugly af.

>I don't know, hang on...(approx 2 minutes pass)

>so f*cking epic!
Ironically talking like a retard only serves to make you sound like a retard.

no but definitely check out this guys channel.

From what I understand MN9 was just a mediocre "not Megaman" game. Underwhelming considering the hype but not actually bad. NMS has proven to be profoundly more disappointing. I'm surprised there weren't autism-fuled riots in the street with some of the stunts pulled.

kill yourself you fucking faggot

>torrenting gog copies of games
enjoy your malware

Explicitly, My sister saw beautiful model pyramids on a stall next to the actual pyramids in Egypt. They were well made of black plastic with gold heiroglyphics on them. The stall holder offered to wrap them and when she eventually gave them to me and I unwrapped them they were made of shitty, poorly-molded red plastic.

This is known as a bait-and-switch.

In much the same way Sean Murray? Murphy? showcased videos of No Mans Sky which contained a shit-load of stuff which was not in the finished product and verbally promised a shit-load of stuff which was not in the final product.

This also, is known as a bait-and-switch

>Filthy, stealling, camel-fucking, towel-headed, shit-stained, Arab (or maybe Hellenic), cunt-faced bastard stall holder giving his filthy, in-bred people a bad name.

huh?

you're doing gods work crowbcat

Not unless you tell me why you are upset.

At least it's gone free to play on steam, people actually play it now.

sorry for your sister being scammed, I hope she learned the lesson to never trust in a muslim.

>watching angry joe

Spastic

>Cred Forums is never wrong

>TOR is doing well
>TESO is doing well
>GW 2 is doing well
> I SAID Cred Forums NEVER WRONG!

Lurk more

no

>franchise

whre are those gamers, they never post on /v

they are on reddit right?

A dumb piece of shit like him probably already blew through his cash and is currently thinking up his next scam game. Good thing he won't ever get a publisher after this

Not sure how watching a video in order to find out exactly why the community was buthurt makes me Spastic. Wait, is this 'Angry Joe' fellow on the V approved list of 'people we hate'?

Sorry I offended you with my information gathering.

Was it.. bad touch? Don't take it to heart, some people just have a bad daddy.
>It wasn't your fault

underage detected

>>>>>>>>>>/out

Been online since 1996 and still have never managed to work out what that phrase means.

>he won't ever get a publisher after this

Well, at least they still have an audience to sell to, those suffering with stockholm syndrome. How many sales do you think they can squeeze out of that for their next scam?

I'm honestly surprised no one saw this coming.
Procedurally generated games are almost always fucking garbage.

lmost always fucking garbage.honestly generated games are almost always fucking garbage.games are always fucking.
Procedurally generated games are almost almost always fucking garbage.o one

he is one of the biggest autistic faggots in this universe and so are all the faggots who enjoy watching his videos

Kys

>no one saw this coming

Plenty of people saw this coming, what the fuck are you on about?

>I'm honestly surprised no one saw this coming.
If you hype a game hard enough you can get anyone to believe anything.
The key to that was not deigning to reveal any information and just release little tid-bits of if's and could be's and could nots.
The only information the players and reviewers had to go on was quite literally vague QA sessions with him saying yes or no.
There was no substance and all in all everyone just kind of had blind optimism as a result of it all.

And by plenty you mean everyone on Cred Forums, right?
Everyone had blind admiration and hope for this game since its announcement.

>Everyone on Cred Forums

Cred Forums is a pretty big place. Not to mention there were plenty of people on various other websites that saw this coming. Unfortunately, NMS captured the COD/FIFA crowd who outnumber those people.

I doubt he got rich, in fact, I doubt he made any considerable profit. Sony funded and promoted the game so they must be taking a huge cut from every sale and its not like it sold millions.

>not revealing anything
Because there was nothing to reveal in the first place

Can you explain further? Have you seen his videos? I have only seen the Nomsky one but is seemed fairly entertaining and informative. Did you watch his videos and not enjoy them or are you just parroting the 'V' party line like an ill-educated fool?

I don't generally watch any kind of game review videos, apart from 'VideoGaiden' due to the 'Autism' you alluded to but Angry Joe's didn't hold a candle to some of the unwatchable, amatuerish videos I have seen the first 15 seconds, or so, of.

>one game
>"franchise"

""""""""""""""""""GAMING"""""""""""""""""""""
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""JOURNALISM"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Yeah, comparative to the fanbases that had hope for the game is really made Cred Forums and other various forums a vocal minority.
Not to mention there was just open lynch mobbing to people who cried that the game would be terrible or dead on arrival.
To go on personal anecdote I've had multiple conversations with people discussing the game to the end of where it just devolves into
>HURR FUCK OFF THE GAMES GUNNA BE GREAT
>ALL THE PLANETS BRO
That sort of thing and it just shunted any negative criticism out of the loop.

jeez loise

To give you a serious response Joe's opinions of games have had a tendency to fall the opposite of popular opinion on Cred Forums so most people don't like him.

Also, he made a video at one point that spawned a hip new meme here, but I'm not spoonfeeding you further than that.

its VERY boring
after 2 hours you've seen everything the game has to offer.

What do you guys reckon it'll go for in the summer sale? I reckon it will be about $15.

Like hell I did. Game sounded like everything I don't like about modern games from the outset. I had zero hope from this thing the whole time.

Cred Forums says every game will be shit, so it's right every time a game is shit.

Depends on if his goal was being a respected game dev or making a shit load of money

Look up the ghostbusters 2016 movie game

Oh yeah, those devs that closed up shop like 3 days after the game launched.

That wasn't a big flop though. That was a quiet one.

I mean how is that a bad thing

he was never going to produce a good game, he managed to cash out and all he made was two fucking games

lurk moar

you're clueless then

sony wasn't even the publisher and it was a muti-platform release

AND it was fucking made by a small shitty indie team so they probably made profit off preorders alone a long time ago

>Sony wasn't even the publisher

HMMMMMM

delet this

It feels good to be vindicated, but I also don't want to be right about bad vidya getting released, especially when it actually fucking sells. I don't know how people fail to see that certain games are gonna be terrible ahead of time, and actually pre-order. Are they just retarded?

>GW 2 is doing well
It actually isn't, NC released their report and its actually sinking, I don't know about TESO but TOR really is bringing in the money for EA