THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT ATTACKING ENEMIES FAST BRO! YOU CANT GO SLOW AND STEADY!!

>THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT ATTACKING ENEMIES FAST BRO! YOU CANT GO SLOW AND STEADY!!
>Game punishes you for trying to attack fast because every god damn enemy has a "Fuck You have some damage" attack a half second after they've been staggered
>some of them become mother fucking Kenshiro
>People defend this

Now I understand why Dark Souls 3 was so frustrating with its "DUDE YOU ALWAYS TAKE DAMAGE LMAO" enemies, fucking Bloodborne introduced that bullshit

sounds you suck and need to git gud

give me a boss or an enemy (besides that bullshit shark in Fishing Hamlet) that has some 100% unavoidable attack

Bloodborne is the best souls like game

I don't know who told you this, playing calculated and passive is the best way to beat any Souls game unless you are a overlevelled vitbabby who thinks tanking every hit makes them good.

it's not about spamming attack you dumb faggot, it's about being agressive over defensive, moving in on attacks, rather than backing up, attacking at any opportunity rather than waiting for a big lull.

sorry OP, all criticism of the game will be met with LE GIT GUD XD

Don't be fucking retarded.

The game wants you to play aggressively, but not recklessly. As in, don't just run in and spam attacks. You need to be completely aware of your opponent and their tells.

Fucking idiot.

because that can actually solve your problems 99% of the time

The combat in these games is some of the worst I've had the misfortune of experiencing.

>Roll forward
>Roll backwards
>Roll sideways
>Roll to victory
>Wait for an opening
>Attack
>You better roll some more nigger

Fuck that shit. The only redeeming factor about the series is the great settings, and even then, DeS is the best just because of ToL.

what bout nioh?

>bb introduced 2fast4u enemies
>das3 has slower player speeds, but still has 2fast enemies
>Cred Forums defends this

what the fuck. Learn how to play the game. The game isn't about attacking fast. Its suppose to push you to be more agressive and make the player take risks.

The game rewards aggressive, smart attacking and dodging, not spamming your attack until thing is dead.

Stop being retarded.

That's because you and the OP should git gud, you fucking faggot.

Go cry some more on your Tumblr about how """"toxic""""" the Souls community is.

Then stop whining and go play something else.

FUCKING THIS

What are you stuck on you big fucking baby?

>bb is now the best game EVER, anyone who complains needs to git fucking gud

Cred Forums is the most contrarian board ever, I swear to god

this is almost as bad as when skyrim came out and everyone started sucking oblivion's dick

Git gud

>m-m-m-m-m-m-m-MUH CONTIRANARIANS
(You)

How about you actually attempt to refute the points we've made instead of straw-manning and jumping to conclusions, you child?

The game was meant to be fast-paced, but most certainly not brainless. It's as simple as that.

>you can't go slow and steady

But that's wrong. Blocking isn't the only way to avoid damage you know.

>352862124
bloodborne defense squad is quite possibly the worst of all the souls communities

Why? Because you said so?

Yeah, how about:

>Damage sponge bosses/NPC hunters with inflated HP values
>Worst multiplayer
>Meh boss variety

Despite people toting how fast the combat is, actual boss/NPC hunter combat is absurdly tedious due to how slowly their HP bar moves. Hitting a guy for 5 minutes while hoping that you don't get 1-shot by an attack with little telegraph is actually not fun.

Yeah Bloodborne's lack of combos isn't really a mark in its favour.

But the HP values in this game are incredibly unbalanced. Short of the Level 4/5/CRF Chalice Dungeon bosses you destroy everything if you pump damage.

This
It was fine in Bloodborne because you're character was also fast enough to keep up with the enemies.

Holy shit that looks so much better.

I'm doing a second run with the Kirkhammer, playing with optimal stats, and Rom still takes about ~20 seconds of hammering away after I clear its spiders to enter the next teleport phase. It's downright tedious and makes all of these "fast gameplay, just gotta be AGGRESSIVE (and GIT GUD)" posters look ignorant.

The Bosses I felt were fine it was the npc hunter having so much health that bugged me.
I wouldn't care if it wasn't for that fact that they can also heal and have unlimited ammo
Kirkhammer doesn't do enough damage for how slow it is I feel, though I haven't done a full run with it so maybe I'm wrong

The fact that most players cheese the NPC hunters in this game (abusing aggro range, shoving them off a cliff) shows how badly designed they were.

Don't level up your shit so fast then.

>after I clear the spiders
Well no shit the boss takes a while if you insist on battering each and every small fry.

Besides, you're not playing with optimal stats. Last time I hit up Spider Mama the entire fight took 20 seconds. Probably less, it was three attacks or so with a light attack per stage.

>Most players cheese the npc hunters
No they don't

this was unacceptable garbage in DS3.

>have ~15 VIT
>one of his hits takes more health than a blood vial returns
>getting shot in the face while attacking = ded
>one of my hits takes very little of his health
That guy was just irritating.

Demons souls is literally the only good souls game

World Tendency is just a bunch of shitty triggers for one-note sidequests.

I know which one your talking about. Just get up close and dodge to the left and right when he shoots.Or go there later. He'll still be there and you'll have better stats.

Jesus man that game is easy as fuck, calm down and try again.

>being a turtle little bitch
>got punished

>he has shit stats
>he has shit weapon
>he attacks at bad times
>doesn't dodge enough

Literally your fault

Bloodborne has:
>Less build variety
>Fewer weapon options
>No armor
>No shield so every playthrough is dex-style
>Embarrassing story/lore
>Borrowed Lovecraftian themes which it butchers and fails at
>Played out Victorian Gothic aesthetic
>Adding to this, the majority of the game is bouncing from one cathedral to the next

Bloodborne was a huge disappointment for me and I dropped it after playing it twice. I am convinced that all the praise for it comes from platform loyalists determined to make it look better than it is, and that's literally it. Bloodborne would be ripped apart if it were multiplat, I guarantee it, but it was a closed release only available to PS4 owners and so of course the criticisms of it are biased.

Thanks user, but I actually beat him without getting hit once. Probably because a single hit was almost certain death. I actually used the lamp at the end to disrupt him from attacking when he buffed, but I also punished the shit out of his shots.

>no armor
>no shield

Do you need some vagisil?

>Demons souls is literally the only good souls game

>2 slow moveset bosses the game

>best anything

I know it's been said but git gud is easily the best advice you can have. Don't try to play the game the way you think it should play, play it the way it's supposed to be played.

If you've come from playing Souls it'll feel weird being made to attack as much as you can but you will get it eventually.

So I should have grinded? Sounds fun. I killed him anyway, so shit stats and weapons don't matter in the end, huh user?

because they were previous dream hunters before you, so they leveled up pretty high

>Limiting options and removing playstyles is a good thing

My favorite build is fat knight. Let's not pretend mashing dodge to exploit i-frames is hard, or the true way to play.

Yes these are the type of fags who sprint around in havel builds in das 1

Get the DLC, it fixes most of that.

Still not as good as hyped, but it's the PS4's only decent exclusive, let them have it.

>I have no argument so it's ad hominem time

I've played all the Souls games vanilla. I'm probably missing out on a lot but most of the time I blow through them and play them consecutively and explore the games so thoroughly that by the time the DLC rolls around I'm burnt out. That happened much quicker with Bloodborne so the story is the same, my ranking of the Souls games might be skewed a bit by playing vanilla.

It's definitely skewed by the vanilla experience. Vanilla Bloodborne is arguably worse than vanilla DaS2. But the DLC is easily the best of them all for level design, boss design, added mechanics, artistic direction, new weapons, and lore. And a lot of the build diversity significantly improves the vanilla experience, especially the inclusion of halfway decent blood gems in nonChalice play, leaving BB in a weird state of being retroactively pretty good.

>replies prove you right

damn

>can't have a single souls thread without niohshill crawiling his way in

It's like Ninja Gaiden in DMC threads.

Which hang on, both Nioh and that have the same developer. Coincidence? Probably.

I thought your fun did? You fucking imbecile.

I don't know why people defend such issues

It's a counter shill, you're playing right into his hand.

My fun killed him? Nice.

I'm pretty much sick of seeing this weaboo Geralt poorfag's souls knockoff in Souls threads. Stop shilling your fucking shit game you massive faggot.

Bloody crow of cainhurst ?
I hate that guy

That's the fucker. Completely worth killing him, I had a SKL build so that guy had to die.

those enemies in the archdragon place i think, with the stretchy heads were awful enemies. i fucking hate them. the big ones gave me an even worse time with their bullshit fucking delay attacks and shit.

>The game wants you to play aggressively, but not recklessly. As in, don't just run in and spam attacks. You need to be completely aware of your opponent and their tells.
>tells

There is no tell for an enemy who just snaps into a cross counter immediately after getting smacked around a few times.

Stop trying to defend this shit.

git gud fggt

Fucking so god damn bullshit honestly

i've never heard of this "cross counter". i had no problems in bloodborne at all. the fuck you even talking about?