When will housing plots be available again in FFXIV? I just want a comfy house to play around with

When will housing plots be available again in FFXIV? I just want a comfy house to play around with.

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxiv-freetrial.com/na/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351833837/#351889525
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351834409/#351889504
fflogs.com/statistics/10#class=Healers
ff14angler.com/skywatcher/
super-aardvark.github.io/weather/
ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Blood_Red_Bonytongue
youtube.com/watch?v=-cZHfOs2XOc).
youtube.com/watch?v=beUbpiGNeVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So I play this game with my girlfriend right (she's a healer I'm a tank) and she's usually doing things like playing with my feet or touching my back while we do stuff so she doesn't have much time to 'deepees'. I can't tell you the number of times I've had fucking hairy sweaty nerdfucks try and tell my girlfriend how to play. I tell them she's doing her job and if they don't like it they can leave (she doesn't write too well otherwise she'd tell them off herself lol).

If that doesn't shut them up her favorite thing to do is link them her completed relic weapon. Then before we finish the dungeon I go all, “Later losers me and my gf are gonna go erp irl lol”. I could taste the asspain.

Here (You) go

play on a better server.

*deader server

Time for another 500 posts of unfiltered shit, everyone! WoWfags, /xivg/, shills, falseflaggers and nep all welcome!

What does that matter?

So what good servers do have housing plots left? On EU that is.

muslims took them all

inb4 /xivg/

I think housing was suspended for awhile, so if you dig into it you can probably do the math for when evictions will happen from the date they ended suspension and park yourself to snipe a house somewhere.

More autism than I'm ready to do and I'm on a server with easy housing, but if you're desperate and can't transfer, I'd look through the Lodestone articles.

You say that like it's something bad.

>just got ast to 60

now I'm ready for the patch
free raging strikes for everyone

>not giving 30% mitigation to your tanks

It's like you don't want the Goring Blade in your Sacred Soil.

>So I told Yoshi-P to keep buffing AST he actually did it the absolute madman

>leveling WAR last night via only roulette
>did it 12 times
>1 WHM, 1 SCH, rest AST
>they all fucking sucked

gonna be a fun patch guys.

Cred Forums FF14 generals are some good ass content desu

>leveling ast
>constantly stance-dance placing dots through fights, give everyone balance and spam gravity for aoe at literally every single opportunity
>2 commendations each time

I don't know why I resubbed, I played around for an hour but have no one to play with and haven't played in a few days. Whatever.

>zero statics on my server looking for SCH
>forced to take a slot in a static as an AST despite raiding as a SCH since 2.0

goodbye dps, it was fun

this

unless they start the op with something gay like "le healer slut reporting in"

cringed

Have you tried to /pet some cute catgirls? Keep doing that and you will make a cute friend eventually.

Is this any good? Been out of the MMO sphere for a couple years.

Cats are shit.

Well for now WHM and SCH will have some placement if only because the only way to join Alexander: Creator (Savage) for a while will not allow class duplicates so AST/AST can't be the meta until they get above the ilvl requirement.

No wonder you got no friends!

Any thoughts on her?

Wondering how big her dick is.

wondering what the final phase change will be since she starts with her monster head in the first place.

Overall pretty impressed with the designs, hoping Sophia weapons look good.

Also a little disappointed we didn't fight her last. Thought we'd get Zurvan in 3.4

Post your face when the tank asks you to quelling

>implying I levelled archer past raging

housing no, small rooms yes, they are the same size as FC rooms and there will be something like 6480 per server

all it basically is, is a room for people without fc's

smuganimeface.png

Best WoW alternative.

One of the few non p2w MMORPGs left

they said 90 rooms per district which is stupid because they can easily fit more than that, considering the rooms are fucking instanced.

free demo, go try it

Have to wait for the japanese players to buy all the apartments and start wanting more. SE doesn't give a fuck about Balmung/Gilgamesh's housing issues, or any western issues in general.

I hope this is pasta.

>SE doesn't give a fuck about Balmung/Gilgamesh's housing issues
Why would they? If people want to keep transfering over to the top 2 populated servers, then they need to deal with the problems that come with it.

Also the Balmung/Gilgamesh housing problems are just the same as Tonberry/Chocobo on the JP servers.

4.1 if the game still follows the same formula

A few will likely pop up on Tuesday and within the next two weeks, as they're reintroducing housing expiring if not used, which was suspended due to Japanese favoritism over that earthquake months ago

>Continue to spam Flare

>ast
you should just reroll as sch or whm since those are useful jobs everyone wants

>tfw want to raid but ISP won't let me
How can companies so big be so shitty.

link?

is it x days trial or free up to expansion level cap?

Who mASTer race here?

>do nothing
>just heal
>3 comms

so what's your point again? you get free comms for being a tank or healer

>they buffed the card benefits
lmao we goin str8 to the top

ffxiv-freetrial.com/na/

>he doesn't know about the patch notes

AST is actually useful and not a meme class anymore.

14 days free until level 35. You can class change like normal so you can level everything up to 35.

It's literally either a +30% damage buff on one player for 45/50 seconds or a 10% damage buff equivalent to trick attack for the entire party for 35.

It's fucking stupid

>been getting buffs since 3.0
>has gotten more buffs than any job on 14
>still shit

lol okay "master" race

It's ok there's only one good dps in a group usually anyways. Now we can let them carry the entire group more effectively

>Died to the final boss of Cutter's Cry
I'm going to kill myself for the shameful display.

have you seen the 3.4 adjustments on AST, they're ridiculous

>Nocturnal Benefic shields are stronger than Adlo shields now, and are instant cast
>Enhanced Benefic's effect changed to guaranteed critheal on Benefic II
>can re-do every draw
>Balance's buff literally doubled in strength

I used to play FF14 but I lost my account due to email shenanigans.
Is it worth going back and starting anew?
Currently playing WoW but I think I will lose interest in a few weeks.

you will always be the useless healer class

>b-but we are replacing whm 3.x!! didn't you see the notes!!!
>w-we are replacing scholars 3.x!!! patches dude!!!
>w-we are beat h-healers now!!! 0atch notes said so!!!

just stop playing a shit job and move on

Just imagine how broken or useless the 4.0 healer will be when compared to SCH and AST

Not really. Can Youtube to see what you missed, but you'll wear out on it like you claim you will on WoW

they also said they will expand apartments if they need to, which is probably on a server to server basis. 3 wards x 24 districts + subdistricts x 90 = 6480 rooms, thats enough for any server except gil or bal, even if its only districts and not subdistricts but that would be stupid since they're just mirror images, and even if that's not enough, SE has said they can expand apartments if the need arises

Just face it senpai you're on your way out. The new norm will be dual AST no other healers needed

wait until 3.4 launches and party finder groups will demand AST/AST onry

I like that mods don't even shut these threads down anymore. Makes me think that they've probably finally gone to see the /vg/ general and, knowing they can't shut those down lest they leak onto here, must allow these to go on to keep that horror contained.

How far along were you in XIV?

I wonder if they'll give WHM their 18% stoneskin trait back, maybe even Stoneskin2 in combat. They're loosing far too much ground to AST.

yoshi would never do that, dude doesn't even know how to balance classes. remember him saying he wants to redo scholar because feels too powerful

For real, its especially funny after I believe a week or two ago, a mod closed and replied to a thread saying generals belong on /vg/. They must have seen how bad it is/was and and took pity

Game is shit, don't bother.

>let's redo SCH instead of the job that is literally just mimicking the other two healers

i can see it

But user if they shut down the XIV threads because they belong in /vg/ they would also have to shut down the thousands and thousands of Legion and Overshill threads.

I think HS was like 2 or 3 months away.

>you

I'm a WHM, nice projecting though

There's a reason /vg/ is called a containment board.

I'm an XIVfag but if you think you'll get bored of WoW you'll probably get bored of XIV pretty quickly too. It isn't really any better in regards to longevity.

here it is, very last post
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351833837/#351889525
though looks like the did the same for WoW:
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351834409/#351889504
Guess you cant stop MMO discussion as long as its self contained

Yeah, I remember that back around HW release, where he was going on about "the damn fairy" making SCH hard to balance, and how the team supposedly balanced 3.x SCH based around future ilvl increases in regards to how weak it was at HW launch.

That's clearly because Yoshi's raid group doesn't use WHM, based on all these buffs

Can confirm. I've played both xiv and WoW at end game and they both have a content problem. People seem to tout XIVs regular patches but the content for these patches aren't worth shit. It's the same shit every time with maybe some new gimmick minigame like LoV thrown in that lasts for less than a week. The gearing is fucking balls it's all a grind even worse than WoWs gear grind. WoW doesn't come out with patches as often but the patches usually are worth 2 or so XIV patches in content duration unless they're doing some meme patch like the selfie patch. I've dropped both games

>all these warriors with flashy berserk macros and sounds
do they really expect me to drop everything I'm doing and esuna them so they can do one more cooldown?

That's bard's job, I play bard and I just have a macro auto-targeting our WAR, he calls out berserk in TS and I hit that 1 button between gcd with instant cast. Easy, no pacify, no dps loss.

I completed Coils 1 to 13 unsynced today, and i'm on Mateus, world's deadest server. If you haven't already, go do the Coils for that special 3.4 dialogue. You can do it!

Yeah, like said i think it's mostly that if they decided to uphold the rules on this they'd have to start deleting the dozens of generals and off-topic threads we have on Cred Forums on a daily basis. Turning a blind eye is the better option.

Fuck, i know people don't like Alexander in general (mostly due to comparing it to Coil) but i'm so hyped for the Soul of the Creator. It looks so cool in the trailer and the music is great. I wonder what his ultimate attack will be.

I'd do it, if I was subbed. I'm tempted to hold off doing 3.4's story until I do it when I resub on patch day though.

>unsynced
fucking pussy

what exactly changes for the coil fights in 3.4?

i've seen people scrambing about getting it done before the patch hits or else you'll miss out on 2 lines of text or something?

I'd love to do coil at min ilvl, but good luck getting a pf to fill.

Apparently Alisae acts all deredere if you've completed coil and like a bitch if you haven't. You could easily just watch it on youtube.

Alph's sister is finally returning to the main story in 3.4 and has unique text for people that cleared Coil.

This has caused people to lose their shit over something that will be an extra sentence or two, based on past added storyline things in the game.

>tfw Alisae will never act deredere for you.

It's crazy man.
AST fucking everywhere.
And they NEVER use Synestry, even though this shit has only a 90sec CD.
They just stand there, throwing a heal or two and play with their cards.

>only a 90sec CD
>only
Nigga divine seal is a better healing CD and has a much lower cooldown time, it also doesn't need a target to pop.
Synastry a shit.

It's extremely worth it when you consider how Alisae is best girl.

I'd imagine that they change it if one earns the requirements and watches it later on in their inn.

4.0 should be able to allow players to bypass the rest of the mechanics in T9 / T13 solo with the jump in ilvl and level

FFXIV has 250k active characters

>less subs than wow
>even less subs than the premium subs/elite status from F2P games like ESO, Tera or TOR

I think yoship said the journal will only show the scene for if you haven't completed coil. They might change that later, but knowing them its pretty unlikely.

Won't be able to skip golems due to the way Nael is setup until you can take her from 60% to 0 in the span of her casting a single attack.

WoW sold 3 million copies on day 1 on Legion, buddy. And that's not counting preorders. You can't really compare a game that's a year into an expansion with a game that has just had a launch of a hugely hyped expansion.

>hugely hyped after WoD

Legion is just a good xpac, especially compared to crap like heavensward.

>Doing T5 carry for FC member
>DPS Twin so hard it gets animation locked during a conflag and we skip divebombs and twisters with Twin dying before we can see if we're at egg phase.

That was kinda horrifying

>Divine seal
>60secCD
>Give 30% overall heal bonus
>15sec

>Synestry
>90secCD
>Give 20% overall heal bonus
>Also recover HP equaling 40% the original spell on the marked player
>20sec

They are both very good for what they are made for user, why calling it shit? That's stupid.

Are you calling Lightspeed shit too compared to Presence of Mind?

I think FFXV has suffocated XIV development, and SE might very well let it stay that way. Zombie sources of income like skeleton crewed half dead mmos make jap execs salivate like nothing else.

Apartments are coming. That might help.

A little.

Plots where a mistake.

AST doesnt have a fast way to top the party cuz no cure 3/assize, and its healing cooldown is 1.5 times longer CD and it's 10% less healing potency. Synastry is fucking shit compared to Divine Seal, mate. Your "heal two targets" is mostly useless in savage.

I always hated that Lightspeed has a damage penalty.

Personal housing was a mistake.

Thanks, Yoshi.

Must have a nice mellow flavor.

I agree that it's just a pretty good xpac especially compared to wod, but if you think people weren't hyping the shit out of Legion then you weren't paying attention.

The biggest mistake was backing down and having housing open to non-FC usage, but still having FC exclusive content like group crafting tied to housing.

Feels good to skip divebombs and twisters, doesn't it?

Personal housing is fine.
The problem is, the system they built doesn't support the amount of people who play and was never built to be expanded on.

they can increase the size up to 500 rooms per ward whenever they feel like, if the interview is to be believed.

so if somehow you don't get one of the 6000 something ones at first you can get one later

>it's a "Tank has a i200 weapon in Ex Roulette" episode

For all you lazy fuck tanks who don't even have a Deep Dungeon weapon I hope you know I intentionally go all out to fuck you up.

SCH MAINS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Yeah.

Just like how they've been expanding ward housing on a regular basis right?

>Most people agree theorcrafting wise that ast/sch will be the staple for 2 healer quick runs.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of the changes. I don't see ast/ast being a thing though.

The only class AST will replace is the WHM.
And I said that as a WHM main ;_;

What cross class skils do I need on SCH and AST?

I dont mind leveling up CNJ a bit since its 15 but do I need any skils from non healer classes?

Fuck off. I have a million other classes I want to gear up more, and I still do more dps than 90% of tanks because I actually know what I'm doing. The only reason I play tank at all is for the faster queues. I'm not going to do the boring chore called Deep Dungeon for 5 hours or spend 10 hours trying to find a competent Nidhogg farm party this late in the patch when I'll be replacing the weapon next patch anyway

Easy.
Cleric stance, Swiftcast, Protect, Stoneskin, Aero.
Yes in that order.

THM to 26 for Fast Cast or whatever that allows to instantly cast a spell every 60 seconds, and CNJ to 32 or 36 for Stone Skin

This, but take protect before swiftcast.

>Cleric Stance first
>at lowest levels when it makes little difference
>making df parties wonder if you're retarded for not having Protect at lv20

Nah mate, I did that error before believing in people.
You don't.
People are fucking awful.

If that small difference and make me clear those awful instance faster, then let it be.

Protect > Swiftcast > Cleric

Or you could just be a WHM in the first place and stop being a shitter.

You shouldn't need combat res at all unless you're doing lvl 50/60 duties.

Or PtoD.

Isn't Qarn the first dungeon with instant death mechanics? And you get your third cross-class slot at 30, so you'll have swiftcast for when people fuck up Doom or the bee mobs.
I don't think there's any way for people to die in the dungeons before it, no matter how awful they are.

I dunno, I've seem some really dumbass people in Brayflox.

You don't know the things I've seen.
Sprout running around pulling every mob as a non tank class.
And by pulling I mean kitting with their shitty aoes.

Or ""Expert"" tanks wanting to run things fast and pulling EVERYTHING when they have literally 0 CDs or damage AoEs (fucking PLD cunts).

Being a healer is sometimes suffering, and I have adapted to it, that's all.

>protect negates around 4.5% damage
>cleric stance increases attack damage by at least 10%
>cleric stance is the least difference xDDD

>finally unlock PotD 41-50
>place looks intense so i take it slow with few fuck ups and get to the boss with 20 minutes left
>one dude says, "don't get hit by AoEs or we wipe"
>first time fighting her, first fucking 30 seconds of the fight, giant eye pops up, look away because im not a tard
> my entire team gets hysteria
>we wipe
>mfw

You're right, Qarn, Cutters, Stone Vigil, DD, and AV all have annoying shit that will cause idiots to get killed, but usually combat res still isn't enough to prevent a wipe with shitters.

I think it'll depend on what kind of setups you'll end up running. An example is triple melee + machinist. There will be no BRD to accuracy cap the healers so their DPS will mostly be relegated to their 0 initial potency damage over time spells, as such because there will be no reliable burst from healers, dropping the SCH and simply maneuvering the MNK into position on the melee heavy party comp to supercharge med II on top of having what is, in essence, deploy on 0 cooldown will reap more gains than what the fairy can accomplish. Especially when you consider CU's high potency regen to act exactly as whispering dawn would, just on a party that is naturally close together.

People are lamenting that WHM is going to be deleted from the healing metagame when all the AST changes have done is blow the doors wide open on raid composition in general, removing BRD from MUST HAVE status to "Good if your caster to physical ratio is relatively even." Now you can literally run anything and deal equivalent rDPS, just done from different sources with different timings.

You could argue that AST now replaces WHM in the One True Party Comp but people forget that AST DPS is garbage in comparison to WHM when laying down the hammer in speed kills. An AST will never be able to take the place of a DPS to do a DPS check mechanic like regulator jails. WHM is the only healer with enough raw power to attempt something like that.

Well, if the pull is too big a swiftcast res won't save you, though. Unless the tank dies later in the pull, in which case you're clearly out of MP and can't afford the res anyway.

I don't know how they'd expand it without making it instanced though and I like it being open to the public.

at low levels it really doesn't make much of a difference when your int and mnd are only going to be a few points apart.

I cross classed a dot instead

Real talk, Blizzard II in the first slot.

You don't understand, it increases attack magic by 10% no matter what your mind or int is. So it's clearly the better choice.

>Expecting people to read tool tips
What kind of mmo do you think you are playing?

Yeah, but never in PUG's. Only if you have a good tank friend who you know will pull big.

I just like having populated cities and faster queues.

>just now getting around to doing POTD on a class I already have at 60
>all these fucking tomestones

Bye bye expert roulette holy fuck

>Standing in front of my FC house's MB
>Just looking at some stuff and watching for undercuter
>See one new guy around the MB probably from the FC which got a house near us
>He's moving in tank mode
>Ask if I'm lagging or they are playing on standard mode
>She tell me she has been playing with standard mode for 2 years now
>Has almost every class 60 and every DoH/DoL 60
>She tries legacy and has her mind blow
>Mfw

If feminism taught me anything is that the biggest whiners always get their way, ast mains are still shitters that never dps.

>day one - hour one of patch 3.4 being up
>"SOPHIA FARM KNOW STRAT 100% NO BONUS HIGH DEEPS"

What's the worst 'Raise' macro you've seen so far?

Leviathan seems like it's become a hot new meme server as well, I see people here and elsewhere talking about it all the time and a shitton of sprouts.

>"Hey x! You are now MY pet zombie! Go ahead and attack for me! XD"

I wish I was joking.

The super long ones that inevitably fail 3 or more times.

And you get tier IV materia.
I stopped playing XIV because of expert roulette; maybe PotD will get old but for the meantime it's stopped the suicidal urges I get when capping tomes.

No, if anything it will be like Thordan.
"Thordan learning party, has to be past X and X and X first! Bring big DPS!"

>And you get tier IV materia.
No, it's a tier V Materia.

ishgard housing when

more wards when

Just wait for the housing timer to kick in. When I bought my mansion the plots quickly filled up. After a few months and before I transfered once more, the ward was pretty dead and I figure once the timer kicks in there will be plots available again. Just gotta check the Aetherytes regularly.

>That one fucker on Leviathan standing in Limsa doing /mdance and moving only for events

I'm guessing every servers has some crazy folks like this?

I hope the two new dungeons are better than the last two we had, holy fuck Hullbreaker Hard was enough to put me off expert roulette completely for the past few months. Probably the shittiest dungeon in the entire game, it was so fucking lazy they couldn't even be assed to design a proper first boss.

>ishgard housing when
cancelled, enjoy your apartments

>more wards when
next expansion, please look forward to it :^)

>tfw failed to down A8S before 3.4
The furthest my group saw was 2% during J Waves. We never got that far again due to various tiny things going wrong every pull.
Why even bother?

The Faustlet though.

I'm starting to worry that Ishgard housing is a myth. My server doesn't even have housing issues, but I've been sitting on gold for the day Ishgard opens up so I can buy a big lot in the nicest spot.

Hullbreaker is an exercise in misery. Faggot trash gauntlet first boss, second boss has the worst mechanic in the game: le slippery floor of fuck your positionals on top of a boss that goes invuln (FUCKING WHY) and said invuln drops all of his FUCKING DEBUFFS as if it were trying to intentionally slow your fucking run down. Then you fight fucking Mistbeard, only the fucking R'ashaht Rhiki before him is a harder fight than him due to her doing a fucking Fell Cleave on your shitter of a tank.

I don't care about the Faustlets, really. I just wanted the clear before the tier became entirely irrelevant. We spent 5 hours on the fight, today. Yesterday was the 2%, the furthest we got today was J Storm multiple times and it just wasn't happening. I'm not even sure if I ever want to go back in there, not even to clear and farm for glamours later. What a fucking slog that fight is. My drive to raid is inches from death right now.

Slippery floor is so shit in this game. I like the idea but it should've been skid at the end of your movement and direction changes instead of the melee DPS fucking that it is.

I've never done a current high end raid in my life and I plan on going in for 3.4.

Yeah if Ishgard housing is still on the table I don't see it happening before 4.0. After having been stuck in Ishgard for a year and a half now though I wouldn't even take a free house in their wards.

>There's a fucking Twintania mount

How does it work in lore?

>No one got my link
>I will never got it
;_;

>Hear patch is coming out
>"Oh good, Lore will be the new ez-tome, so I can get geared up again
>Look at the Lore gears
>On the samey set turn so their no variety
>Doesn't even look good

Now here I am farming Anti-tower to at least get the eso SCH set for the one I'm leveling now.

Glam is victory. Victory is life.

You liberated it from Bahamut and now he's your best friend.

Twin mount best mount. If only having people selected would put the divebomb marker on them.

But how did I liberate it?

3.4 is probably a good place to try. Apparently The Creator is going to be easier than Midas, which includes the Savage versions as well, by my guess.
Easy entry into the tier via crafted gear + Sophia weapons and Creator Normal loot tokens means you'll be able to hit 250 within a couple of weeks at the latest depending on your funds. That's not counting Tomestone gear, either.

>Lord of Verminion for minions
>tfw there's no mount jousting

friend codes being used, which gets you golden feathers then trade 15 of them in for the mount to some NPC

Yeah pretty much. Balmung has a guy with a moogle head and the warrior PvP chest all dyed pure white and all he does is /sundance all day every day. At this point I'll be more worried when he's not there.

> Be big Roe
> Pet catgirl
> Get hissed at
> "good kitty"

So friendship is magic. And liberating.

I have to make a hissing emote now. catgirl /fume is perfect for it.

We used to have a Roe in a speedo that Manderville'd in Idylshire almost 24/7. Now we have a Thancred clone /golddancing by the summonin bell over by the scrip exchange place.

Shit's weird man.

>tfw 1 referral away from it
Pity I have no friends, and you can get banned from mentor chat for whoring codes.

Gotta have the tail twitch

Sounds funnier than the ten million bikini catgirls doing the thavdance or mogdance in Limsa on Excalibur.

AST's diurnal isn't strong at all compared to WHM. People have to remember that SCH/WHM have traditionally done hundreds of dps more than AST/WHM or AST/SCH, especially in prog situations. When you consider the amount of babysitting the other healer has to do, you're looking at a ~500 dps loss. Granted with 3.4 gear and two aoe balances, AST can break even, But AST with the buffs is simply the RNG healer that potentially allows the raid to do better than they would with a WHM/SCH. This is disregarding the healing issues that might come up during prog because of AST needing more help.

Ofc, post prog, I'm sure AST will be preferable to WHM in most cases if they're allowed to pull cards pre-pull. While AST's noct is certainly much stronger, the passive healing put out by SCH alone along with Indom/Deployment/Lustrate makes it difficult for me to see SCH being overshadowed by that much.

Leviathan limsa is super active, why is this? Other cities dont have half the people

Will the MB is near the aetheryte, that's all.

Both /fume and /furious lift the tail up. Looking at it out /furious is better.

it is

>Hunting for Assassin Fry
>Get 2 of them
>Sell the first one for 2M
>Then some fuckers start to come and undercut themselves again and again and again
>Mfw they now sell for 800k

Must be a console player, they are not used to poke the ingame options. But I like that this game has quite a few mindblowing options when you discover them
>first days playing
>tab targeting is shit
>realize there are options to tab target from left to right or viceversa
>bind Tab to select nearest target
>bind mouse wheel up/down to cycle targets left/right
All that damn precision at selecting targets since then
Also, few more
>yfw you realize the inventory has a expanded version instead of tabs
>yfw you realize right-click can turn in quest items
>yfw you realize you can spam 0 to log in faster
>yfw you realize you can cycle targets in your party for a quick heal to a DPS
>yfw macros make your life easier and can turn the error messages off
>yfw you realize retainers can check the marketboard

>yfw you realize retainers can check the marketboard
Wait what?

Please tell me those 'tome of regional folklore' that cost 99 blue tokens are a permanent buff.

>console players
Why do retards even play MMO on a fucking console?

They aren't buff, they just unlock more stuff to gather.

When you want to sell shit, retainers can show you the prices of said item that are in the marketboard. Used to remember the prices of the stuff that I wanted to sell like a retard before I realized retainers could do that.

Thank dog.

Where do you see this option? Because I still go back and right from the MB to a bell to sell shit and check prices.

tfw sold Blood Red BonyTongue for 5 mil
It sucks that they're a weather chain fish, but damn people who can't wait can't get them themselves. So I've been selling them at a high price and I'm the only one thats sells them. Can't wait for 3.4 to hit and people buy the extra two I have up.

when you are selling a item and the bar that changes the price the button to the right of it brings up the MB listings for that item

This its a small circle that turns out to be a button. Sneaky shit.

>Nocturnal Benefic shields are stronger than Adlo shields now, and are instant cast

They already were since 3.2. They buffed them even further and it still wont help Noct Sect be better than SCH.

>Enhanced Benefic's effect changed to guaranteed critheal on Benefic II

This took them forever to fucking change. Spoiler: It benefits Diurnal more than Nocturnal

>can re-do every draw
>Balance's buff literally doubled in strength

Redraw buff is nice QoL but the combination with the 100% buff to Bole, Balance and Celestial Opposition just made Diurnal look godlike as the heavy duty healer.

They just throw more potency at the thing in hopes it would magically fix their fuckup but all they've done now is make WHM obsolete.

AST+SCH DPS and mitigation stacking is going to be so fucking absurd. If Alex Creator really is "easier" and less DPS/dancing shit, it's going to be cleared enmasse solely because of AST+SCH literally breaking everything.

Noct Sect is still shit, doesn't have free consistent healing like SCH, doesn't have burst healing or mitigation like SCH (Bole is still RNG, CU is still channeled and requires server ticks before people get buffs, Sacred does too but SCH doesn't have to give up everything to throw it out).

Not going to happen. SE are incompetent fucktards that don't seem to understand how their own shit works as evident by the entirety of HW.

He's not said he wants to redo it, just admitted that SCH is "very powerful", after denying it for 2½years.

>he was going on about "the damn fairy" making SCH hard to balance, and how the team supposedly balanced 3.x SCH based around future ilvl increases in regards to how weak it was at HW launch.

No what they said was that the fairy was scaling too well so they reworked the formula. SCH mains just bitched for a year+ because Lustrate and Fairy changes and waaah Dissipate.

>It's true
Mother of god...
The more you know I guess, thanks for the tip man.

I'm thinking on buying the one someone sell on the MB to sell mine for 1M to be honest.

Fuck those niggers. I don't do it on my WAR either. Depending on the fight you're forcing the healer to either precisely precast his dispell or just dispell you after you have pacification on you, which gives you what, one more GCD? That GCD can be used by the same healer to DPS, so who fucking cares.

>Are you calling Lightspeed shit too compared to Presence of Mind?

Synastry isn't shit but Lightspeed sure is. It used to be alright to save MP but AST hasn't had MP issues since LA got buffed (for no reason) and with 3.4 it will get another 5sec thanks to the Celestial Opposition buff. 34 sec of MP recovery of 707 (or was it 884?) per tick.

LA+CO after 3.2 was already better MP recovery than Shroud+Assize and AST has cheaper MP costs, this is just going to be stupid now.

Anyway, Lightspeed is a pretty shitty ability unless you need to mass ress or want to run around like a headless chicken for 10sec and spam aoe heals/stoneskin.

Definitely not the smartest idea, specially if you are a PS3 owner.
Just some months away until we part ways with them.

I'm 100% convinced that Warden's Paean was added specifically for handling Berserk Pacification. There's nothing else in the game that places an unavoidable, dispellable DoT on a player, and almost any DoT that is dispellable is 100% avoidable, especially in Midas.

>Friend is a WHM main
>Tell me that the AST buff are nothing
>Tell me that 10% balance for 45 sec is nothing
"Did you do the math?" he said...

I'm too dumb to do the math and shut him up

>and waaah Dissipate.

to be fair Dissipate is still pointless

>lose your supplementary healing to buff your own healing

hoo boy. if a SCH needs 3 more stacks of aetherflow then something is wrong. Honestly it's a skill that's better served for SMN and would be a very useful tool for them if it increased their damage, because on the flipside to SCH, SMN could really do a lot with 3 more aetherflow.

He's in denial, AST will be buffed as fuck. Sure everyone is overreacting at WHM and SCH being completely replaced but now AST should be battling with WHM in terms of #1 raw heals. However AST gimmicks like DPS buffs and such will make them the new hotness, specially with the muh hardcore raid kiddies.

if people bring ast as a main healer, assuming all dps are playing perfectly, the ast will single handedly be responsible for making or breaking dps sensitive phases

So I'm thinking about resubbing but I don't want to play with the average ERP avatarfag on /xivg/.

Does Cred Forums have a less autistic branch that plays FFXIV on Balmung?

>playing with Cred Forums in general

why shit where you eat?

Your mistake is playing on Balmung in the first place.

They're adding this tag in so you can tell degenerates apart though

Resub, with the cancer getting their own cancer tag it should be easy enough to avoid them. Or change server, definitely a wise choice.

If you are taking FFLogs as some example for WHM/SCH vs AST/SCH DPS numbers, know that majority of ASTs during early Midas were fucking shitters that can't handle stance dancing.

Also A8S world first group admitted in retrospect that bringing an AST over WHM would probably have made them clear it faster and overall make the fight easier.

All WHM has now that are "significant" over AST is Cure III and Assize for powerful aoe healing, neither are actually needed so Diurnal has been a perfectly fine competitor to WHM since 3.2, 3.4 will just utterly break that balance as WHM wont have jack shit to offer vs. AST. AST also has less reliance on accuracy than WHM does and their DPS spells are significantly less taxing on their MP than it is for WHM, even more so in 3.4 with another 5sec to LA.

>to be fair Dissipate is still pointless

It's actually quite useful. Provides a DPS boost during pull phase as Fey Wind has 1min CD and Dissipate only blocks fairy for 30sec meaning you can easily get 3 free Energy Drains for more DPS and no boss tends to go full ham on shit vs. players in the first 5minutes.

It's also another tool to make Adlo+Deployment be utterly game breaking and stacks with Fey Illumination.

And lastly, yea it can be used as a last resort for Aetherflow into Lustrate spam but it's not ideal and generally if that is required, shit is probably fucked anyway but it's still an option.

best thing about this is now people will have to decide between the shitter crown or RP tag

i guarantee you someone will whine until they add a shitter crown+RP tag

>Does Cred Forums have a less autistic branch
I think you already know the answer to this

I just want to have fun with people that also like video games again.

>a Roleplaying Mentor

>4.0 crafting drops specializations
>in return, high-level crafting requires you to be inside a house with expensive crafting furniture

How would you feel, crafters?

then why did you go to Balmung you catslut

The last thing they do is actually play the game

>that also like video games
then why play with Cred Forums?

Personally I mostly use Dissipate in pvp.
9 lustrate usually let me flee any encounter with 3 or 4 enemies players targeting me.

>change crafting to something that further requires you to be in a circle jerk guild

fun

I'm not a catslut, I'm a strong highlander.

I swear to god if 4.0 is the same shit since 2.0 it's the end of this game for sure.

3.0 was a disappointment.

Lies. the only races that exist on balmung are catsluts, potato sluts and butch lesbian roes

and the occasional baraslut roe

There's gonna be changes. Yoshi isn't happy with how classes play right now and he's still weighting the pros and cons of having an easy mode on the raid.

There won't be a massive overhaul like 1.0 to 2.0 though. The game's in far too much of a comfortable position right now.

Dissipation is hot shit. There's no downside if you pop fairy buffs before then.

> if a SCH needs 3 more stacks of aetherflow then something is wrong

That's the point. The recoverability and utility of 3 extra stacks is ridiculous. Especially when you consider that at most you lose Embrace if you're active in using fairy buffs.

On top parses now, I'd say the difference is still significant. Mainly on a8s and a7s. A5/6 have aoe padding so I won't hold it against AST. Even in the 75% percentile, AST generally does lower. And keeping in mind that AST also pulls their co-healer down as well. While WHM is the main reason that SCH can perform higher in general.

fflogs.com/statistics/10#class=Healers

I won't deny that an AoE balance at the right time during the Creator would be downright gamebreaking in terms of what it'd allow the raid group to get away with in terms of dps checks. But I just feel that people are overreacting in terms of what they think AST is capable of. Are they strong now? Yes of course. Eventually WHM will be ousted I feel but WHM/SCH is still strong, it's just AST was pushed even farther. By the time people really get used to AST, the 4.0 class redesign will mix things up again.

So you're saying if I come back I'll be a commodity...

What was wrong with how coil worked

>difficult but fair

>alex raids
>braindead easy and poopsock raider only difficulties

>im' the only one that sells them
Lucky fucker, there's a price cutting war on my server.

BUZZ LOOK AN ALIEN

an actual commodity would be a giraffe because nobody plays them anywhere

I want to bust a nut in her big silver butt

BAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!

Nice try, giraffe fetishist.

So I played and loved FF11, does this game have blue Mages or corsairs?

The last one that sold before I tried was February, I guess no one in my server fish or care about the future select fish market in 3.4

>tfw you can't decide what class to main the next patch.

How do you initiate adventure based roleplays with people in this game? Not lewd stuff.

Fuck off gramps.

People complained that they weren't able to see the story locked behind Coil. The devs looked at the ~5% clear rate of Fcob near the end and thought the same as well.

I'm just waiting for SCH and WAR to get back in line in 4.0 or at least make everyone as good or even better than them. They're cockiness has honestly gotten annoying at this point.

>NIN uses smokescreen on you
>You're the tank

For all the naysayers I am signed into balmung right now, as long as you actively avoid weirdos and degenerates. I am in an RP guild and we have 0% degenerates and weirdness going on. Not even any mary sue horseshit. The trick is not playing with grown men with no social life and a scantily clad cat-girl avatar. In other words avoid everyone from /xivg/

Find an FC that does that kind of thing, especially one with planned campaigns / events. We have a barebones battle system and everything, and our game masters are great.

I've never seen an online community so whiny, so braindamaged and toxic than in this game. It's absolutely amazing how averse the vocal crowd is about any kind of difficulty or change to this game, like all they want is AFK and features that make you AFK better like shitty emotes, aquariums or whatever the fuck. People say WoWfugees infest this game but it's not it, Facebook dwelling landwhales, numales, trannies and retards infest this game.

You did this, Yoshida, by catering to this retarded hand-me-down crowd. Fuck you all.

Okay.

somehow I missed "Its great as long as" somewhere in that first sentence.

>Nin uses shadewalker on you
>you're the DPS

Remove Yoshi.

2.0 only got praised because it was only ever compared to 1.0's failure, if it was compared to any other mmo it would have flopped hard.

3.0 didn't even try and the flying was ass and the maps were empty.

Mogstation was a mistake.

I'm going to start doing this thanks user

Pretty sure you can right click off both effects. Sillies.

Nah, mogstation isn't even a blimp on the radar of problems with this game. That's actually one thing they did sorta right.

>banned for /laughing at people who bought the Bennu to sit around in Idle-shire

>They added the /facepalm emote
>You can get banned for using /facepalm

Debating getting a commission of her with my character.

Have you ever tried it?

>aquariums or whatever
Hold the fuck up you cunt.
Aquariums are a godsent for us Fishers.

It will be a reliable source of income for us sine people will want more and more fishies, and they said they will expend the selection of fishies in the future.

BUZZ LOOK PROPER CHARACTER BALANCING

Thats because Japan generally doesn't care about the Western subscribers. Despite making up a good chunk of the global subscriber base, Westerners have little to no input on game development itself. Squeenix's priority will always be "Japan First", which is why all game design is generally attuned towards the capability of the Japanese gamer first and not the "Facebook gamer".

In other words, its better off this way.

except only a handful of fish will be aquarium-able

WHERE

Did you miss the
>and they said they will expend the selection of fishies in the future.
Part?

They will also add skyfish Aquariums too, so we can expert Sand, Lava and Aether Aquariums too.

That's not true though. They do listen to vocal shitposters. Like those people who demanded male bunny suits, or changed the T9S achievement name. And besides, Japan MMO crowd is hardcore. MMO players in Japan are mostly hardcore because you're either into it or you're busy overworking yourself to death as a normal society member. Which is why casual catering doesn't make sense if they only listen to Japanese, where content clears are far higher than they are on Western servers.

So Japan is the reason this game is catered towards retards and cash shop whales?

Male bunny suits were never added.

And if they were to be added, they should only be added for Alphinaud.

oh boy like 3 fishes added every patch

Wait are you guys trolling? You can get banned for using emotes? That makes zero sense

An American shitposting board can influence minor things like achievement names or gay marriage mechanics, but Yoshida will never look at a thread and go "well these baka gaijins are having a lot of trouble with this new dungeon, I'm going to nerf everything by half so they shut the fuck up."

Corporate is the reason any game is catered towards retards and cash shop whales. Lets face it, if you're not going to drop $300 on cash shop cosmetics, they will find someone who will.

SE takes "harassment" reports very seriously.

Western GMs issue bans for public harassment. Yes its dumb, but they have orders to protect their customers because they pay to sit in a town all day and ERP.

>tfw I am that guy
$350 on Fantasias alone.

There's also all the outfits I bought...

it's considered "Harassment" to make fun of people who were stupid enough to buy the bennu for 24 real dollars so they didn't have to spend 7 million gil (at the time) for the Zu.

Which is funny because after Bennu launched, Zu whistles dropped to sub 100K on even the most populated servers

>tfw knew a guy who would buy a fantasia or name change pretty much every week

>name changing
Fantasias I can understand. Name changing? That's dumb.

>Not having a lore-friendly name

Get out

Can you only get 1 weapon from PotD ?

You can get all of them, but it resets you progress to 0/0 and you have to be on the relevant class to receive the weapon for that class.

>Do Weeping City the day after PotD releases to show off my glowing weapon
>15/24 people in the party have one

kek

you will never be a special snowflake in this game

Do savage if you want to be special.

>24h based fish
So annoying to get...

This.
Even Gordias pieces can let you be a special snowflake.

Meant to reply to but I'm a retard as always.

Honestly my will to get the Helm's Hand dropped as soon as I realized they were 7 points to put in a aquarium. I thought they were 4 so I was gonna pair it up for a Coelacanth. But man only having one fish in a Aquarium is boring. When is more small salt water fish?

Ah yes the "I cleared with echo" chic

That's why you want the Blood Red Bonytongue instead it's a L and not an XL.

>Implying anyone on Cred Forums cleared without Echo.
I at least pair them with my A7S pants so people don't think I'm 100% shit.

That looks so much like every other piece of gear that nobody will notice.

Yeah but that fish is a super cunt to get. Clear Weather -> to Fog Weather is hard enough to get, but its also timed with only 4 ingame hours to get it if you even have the right weather combo. Its pretty ass honestly.

Duh, why do you think I spend the whole night on this thread while waiting for this DAMN FUCKING CUNT of a weather?

What's a good gear set to glamour for Black Mage?

You know, the weather combo just happened two hours ago. That combo won't probably happen for awhile.
Keep your eye on this website if you already have not ff14angler.com/skywatcher/

Oh I'm on it already, and I was there for it but I didn't caught one.
Also the weather changed around half-way of the spawn time of the blood red bonytongue so I got fucked hard in the ass.

The level 50 job set
Maybe with a different hat, if you want to see more of your face

Ul'dah grand company set

>can't /visor the hat off

God damn it Yoshi don't you play BLM?

You mean,
>/visor doesn't turn your face pitch black with glowing eyes

You only get 4 hours in-game no matter what, even if it stayed foggy. Right when 8 in the game hits, its over. The reason its a "8 hour" but actually 4 hour window is so you can have more chances of getting the right weather for it. Thankfully I got two in my window so I'm selling my extra. If you're on Excalibur I'll be willing to give one up for like 100k since the next predicted window for the fish is on Patch day or the 30th.

I'm on Leviantan sadly.

>since the next predicted window for the fish is on Patch day or the 30th.
Err, what?
There's one coming up in 20min?

Dude thats Fair skies. It has to be Clear Skies -> Foggy Skies. Its a weather combo Fish.

Ah fucking hell

>People who were buying up all the big fish for absurd prices after hearing the rumor that they have 'a hundred' fish modeled for the aquariums
>Only 13

Hahahahaha

Fuck it, some idiot was selling one for 600k so I bought it and put it for 2M.

What's this about bonytongue? I'm waiting on a change to fog right now, already caught one but I want another just in case.

Yeah thats why this fish is fucking cancer and the reason why there aren't many up/selling for a lot. Found this website on Reddit not 100% sure if it works or is correct, but it predicts from past data on when the weather will happen again.
super-aardvark.github.io/weather/

Wait, you're sure about this?
ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Blood_Red_Bonytongue
It says
>Conditions: Also catchable in Fair ► Fog weather chain

I'm not 100% sure as I've only tried in Clear -> Fog weather. Big Fish data always gets confusing as people report shit that doesn't work. Feel free to try though as some sources says that it works.

I hope her music is good. I liked Shiva's song(s) but the 2nd one had some terrible audio quality, like Titan's.

Her theme sounds like Ramuh 2.0

That's good to hear. Ramuh's was good, but will it have 2 different songs?

yeah same as sephirot

1st part is the FF6 theme 2nd is hers

CAN CONFIRM
fair->fog works for blood red bonytongue
just caught one

Okay so the fish is much easier to catch now, thats good. I'm honestly glad.

Great. Can't wait to rip it. Is it bad that the thing I look forward to most on patch day is the music?

Yes you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

I can't decide which hairstyle I like the best. I'm not sure if the style on the left makes her look too much like a duke.

Fix your life you degenerate

Jokes on you, I can SMN any time I want.

They both look like shit desu
Which is pretty incredible, because it's hard to fuck up a cat

Can confirm too, I got one myself.

I've devised a simple and effective way to make important decisions regarding character creation
1. Open an image of your choices on your monitor
2. Shoot yourself in the head
3. Whichever option accumulates the most brain tissue is the winner
Congratulations you've improved your character and the world as a whole

I'm honestly suprised soken's resume isn't that long

he puts out a lot of good shit, I'm thinking they'll move him to other mainline games in time

>Jokes on you, I can shitty BLM any time I want.
Fixed

>Be lalafell
>Always get /pet
>Told I'm a cutie by catgirls
>qt catgirl pets and kisses me
>Ask if she has a feminine penis
>"WAT?!?!"

Never the ones you want

This is your trial today.

>Cutscene longer than the fight

>be newbie player in 2016
>ready for a fierce battle through Garlean territory
>ilvl 240 trial roulette players run a rape train on everything
>not even sure what's going on, busy watching one cutscene when another starts
>kill ultima
>get a big 'YOU WIN' sticker confirming your special snowflake status
>still have 100+ quests until Heavensward
Boost/Skip potion can't come soon enough.

>WoW sold 3 million copies on day 1 on Legion, buddy
Lol they sold 3 million copies BY day 1, but I guess their weasel language probably worked if you got that impression.

Which means 2.9 million of those copies were the usual preorders.

I want to commit a crime

Woah some people sure is sensitive about this stuff and gets offended really easy.

>Boss name longer than fight

What was the T9S name changed from to?

Nigger, I play a cat.
You need to do something about yours. It's most likely the lipstick

That fucking slog between Ultima and HW was truly the fucking worst it got the point where I was mashing through text and skimming through it in the chat box instead as I ran to the next quest destination half way across the world for the umpteenth time.

It was interesting at times but for anyone new to the game it just comes across as endless filler until the conclusion.

Have you tried doing Westwind, Castrum, and Praetorium with a light party at minimum item level? It's a goddamn ride.

"y-you're offended!"

the word you're looking for is disgusted

Some design decisions in this game make ZERO sense

>Limited housing on an MMO
This is baffles me
>Requirred Story aka RIP Alts
>The worst armory/item system ive seen in an MMO where you cannot even change bag size
>PS3 Support

Not him but its a problem regardless. Had two friends drop the game after ultima because they were so disappointed in how players there on roulette treat the final scenario.

Both are bad but for what it's worth short hair mostly looks shit on cats (it looks great on lizards though).

But part of it's because you've got pretty pale skin and and then dark red hair and lipstick. Are you trying out for a new Addams Family season? It's just not a good look, unless you were actually going for that.

"The Crying Game" to "The Scent of a Woman"

Why.

Please delete this image from your post

It really is a shame that new players can't experience it properly anymore, but it's also understandable because it's not the Final Scenario anymore. The game has moved way past it and that's just the natural progression of these things

That's Koji Fox's own fault for thinking he could get away with his Nael fanfiction.

Yeah but it is a major story point and the culmination of the entire story up to that point, everything after is a distinctly different arc.

Status symbol.

>>realize there are options to tab target from left to right or viceversa
You don't know how much I love you right now.

>Facebook
>Reddit

kill thyself

There's more than one Twintania. It's just a sub-race of dragon and they can be controlled by those Wyrm Rings.

It makes them more desirable and something to show off.

The real point of contention is that purchasing a plot in a server is tied to a character rather than the account so you end up with multiple real estate agents all over the damn place.

but content wise it's still effectively a mid level dungeon and not endgame content. If you want to experience it right you can get a group of 8 players at appropriate iLevels who don't know the encounter backwards and forwards, but that isn't easy to put together anymore. This is the nature of this type of game.

They almost never were. A month in and you already had geared players farming Castrum and Praetorium for tomes and trying to get through it as fast as possible, the main issue is the amount of cutscenes in the middle of it all, it just doesn't mesh with an MMO.

But they are actually pretty nice instances to be run at minimum item level for fun. I really recommend it. The issue is that most people don't really play the game to have fun with it, but for pointless gear rewards.

where did everything go so wrong?

>tab targeting at all
No matter how much you optimize it via settings its still cringy and inefficient compared to mouse targeting.

It's up there with keyboard turning and clicking abilities with the cursor.

Fuck off story-faggots. It was an immense mistake by the devs to be fucking retards and put -20 fucking minutes of cutscenes- (90% of which are just looking at your character from different angles and have absolutely no story relevance) in a dungeon that takes 18 minutes.

I swear to fuck the devs smoke crack when they try and decide what to turn into a cutscene or not. You could reduce the number of cutscenes in the game by 90% and it'd be so much better.

XV being a ceaseless vortex of Square's resources.

I'm not sure why having somewhat pale skin is considered something bad, I can agree on the lipstick tho.

>been playing with a controller since forever because I joined in winter when I always played vidya while wrapped in a blanket and wanted my hands under said blanket to stay comfy
>only had a ps3 controller because that's the last console I bothered with
>every other windows update kills whatever tool I use to make controller work
>today's update killed it again and I can't be bothered with finding out how to fix it
>consider getting an xbox controller tomorrow
>see post
>seriously considering just switching to kb+m instead
I'd have to re-learn my rotations and controls because muscle-memory is too strong, but it's starting to sound like the best option right now. Especially shit like mouseover macros, targeting ground spells, and switching targets might become less of a hassle.

the fight was way more fun back in 2.0

Pale skin isn't bad in its own right but at least don't have dark lipstick paired with it.

>>bind mouse wheel up/down
you can't bind mouse wheel up/down in this game

>If you want to experience it right
I don't care about experiencing it 'right', I just don't want to be rushed. I'd be happy to do it unsynced with a 60 friend who's willing to wait for you if that's what it takes.

Or they could just give you an AI party for those dungeons so new players dont have the pinnacle of the 2.0 story ruined.

I'd give her the wrecking ball if you catch my drift

>what can other titles do that yours cannot?

it should be what can my title do that others aren't

yoshida is a hack

But would it be worth it?

>Requirred Story aka RIP Alts

I want altism fags to leave

What the fuck would "Other" even be?

>Mfw looking up Shonisaurus and Helicoprion

How in the fuck did people catch those without Patience back in 2.XX ?!

gathering and crafting

If you happen to be in a party as a crafter/gatherer

Crafters and gatherers.

With Meme Magic.
I actually managed to hook the Helicoprion, but it got away aka I got RNG fucked. I was so mad.

irl patience

>the crafted 250 gear requires fishing folklore nodes

Are fish actually going to be worth money this patch?

Some will due to aquariums.

Most of them are still useless though. New desynth gear/items when?

>3.4 CUL will require expensive ass materials from BOT and FSH again to make minimal stat increase food thats barely an upgrade from last patch
>CUL specialist will never mean anything or be anything
CUL was the biggest mistake

I'm trying to make the switch to KB/M. I've had a razer naga that came with my blackwidow for a while now but I've never gotten around to using the actual buttons and stuck with my xbone controller.

I'm learning to use the side buttons by doing my crafting rotations on the mouse. It makes it a bit easier to attain the muscle memory. I'm going to miss being able to have my entire upper body in a blanket though

So many nice QOL changes..
>Able to toggle HQ/NQ stats on item preview
>Able to hide item tooltips
>Spam reporting
>Able to display local time and eorzea time simultaneously
>Materia stat limit displays
>Patience effect doesn't fade until current cast is over.
>Can buy multiple items at once at token shops
>CDs reset on wipe
>Healer LB3 no longer gives weakness debuff.
>Cross-server triple triad/LoV and random matchmaking
>Summoning bells in gold saucer
>Multiple Jumbo Cactpot tickets per week

Too bad the new features (e.g. Wondrous Tails and GC Squadrons) sound lame. I'm guessing squadrons is laying the foundation for NPC partying.

>can buy multiple items at once at token shops

Holy fucking shit I didn't notice that in the patch notes. Thank fuck that's getting implemented.

really makes me think why none of this wasn't already in the game

underrated post

I thought MMO mice were just a meme but after using one myself I don't know how I managed before. It really frees up my left hand.

It look a couple days to get used to it but that's to be expected. If you want a low-stakes environment to try things out maybe consider PotD or running between FATEs and see how you want to fit your actions so your rotations flow pretty naturally.

>tfw only five groups on your server has cleared A8S in the six months the content has been out

46 hours to go.

>entire upper body in a blanket
>not sitting cross-legged so you're all blanketed up
I do this thing where the blanket is on my back rather than on top of me, then wrap it from back to front and have it drape over my arms like sleeves. It's also an electric blanket for more warmth.
>tfw it's finally getting cold enough to use it
comfy times are coming

Crafting/Gathering dungeons, when?
Crafting/Gathering story quest that's as long and engaging as the main story quest, when?
Something other than grinding for Scrips and Glamour for Crafters/Gathers, fucking WHEN?!

Diadem (lol)

And hopefully never ever.

Healing for pugs is the worst.

I'm considering switching to tank so I can just faceroll through everything.

>Having to bumrush all of Hildibrand before the patch hits on my alt character

I did this to myself

An idea I want to see brought up is maybe reusing dungeons that have been cleared out as mini-instances where gatherers can use to gather mats and search for buried treasure chests. They could set it up as a 3-man challenge or something with the gathering class giving a specific buff like MIN giving 10% vuln down for the entire party. They could harvest dead enemies and do that gold saucer mining minigame to try and get good shit while the party is clearing the dungeon. If you get good at the minigame, you'll be a preferred tag along for people who want the mats as well.

>having to
why though

So I can experience the new content on Patch day on the character I want rather than the old character who's i240 but I abandoned. This is why they let you level up every character on one class, but I wanted to try out the new race and revisit the story a second time. It's entirely my own fault.

>This is why they let you level up every character on one class

Isn't it the other way around?

>he never ever played MMOs alone
Why, the games are designed to play with groups, preferably with a bunch of friends in voice chat.
What kind of a loser would suffer through an MMO alone, lol

fuckin' yoshi p

As a guy who dropped WoW in WoD, played FF14 then went back to legion I can give you my opinion you probably don't care about.
So first of all, FF14 really is an FF game, since "the fun starts 60 hours in", so you have 85% of your fun max level. While in wow the journey is the reward, in FF14 experiencing max level is.
The combat in general is far superior, and it was hard to go back to WoW after that. Most of the combat is dodging shit on the ground, but from the very start the game trains you in this, starting with simple shit until it gets something like pic related. The rotations are about the same as in wow, but most of your cooldowns aren't big damage skills, but stuff like stats raises. Some skills do more damage when done from the flank or rear, and only when you cast them there, you can do the next skill in your rotation, so while dodging aoes and doing rotations, you have to focus on where you stand. Just adding this third thing to focus on makes the combat more intense.

If you like FF games, you're probably gonna like the story. tons of references. If not, it's so fucking boring, especially in vanilla. Gladly it picks off in the expansion. The world also reeks of FF, and because of console limitations it's not open world, but a bunch of smaller maps you can only move between via gates.

Leveling is pretty boring, especially in vanilla, since the story does little to motivate you. You go where the game wants you to go, get most of the xp from the main questline that you HAVE to do and from dungeons. Sidequests are literally sidequests, you pick one or two from the 10 in the area, once youre at a decent level, you leave the rest and move on. Profession leveling takes a while and is a minigame of its own which takes some commitment

cont.

>hair on the right is literally the best
>almost no one uses it

WHY

FUCKING LIGHTNING HAIR EVERYWHERE

AST is going to replace WHM in all situations unless you just like your guy who plays WHM and he refuses to switch. AST wont replace SCH except when necessary when your SCH guy isnt around and you just need a fill in on farm content. They wont replace them on week first stuff, but they will with WHM on many groups.

Well as you can see from the replies most people seem to hate it.

0-4 I resub, 5-9 I don't

Oh shit you fucked up.

you win this time, yoshi p

cont.

Dungeons and raids are the thing you play FF14 for. Theres barely any trash in the instances, because bosses are all that matters. Like 95% of them are great. The game has a huge instance finder that encourages even max level players to queue for older content to get bonuses, so you're always gonna find a group for pretty much any content. You also get to experience all the content even if you're not a raider, since the content comes in normal/hard difficulty, which the game normally makes you run via the main story, then insane difficulty (forgot the terms), maybe even 1 more difficulty, then finally the savage difficulty which is basically for raiders only. All difficulties are properly implemented with new mechanics and not just with extra hp or such
Bonus points on the god tier OST (youtube.com/watch?v=-cZHfOs2XOc).

Unfortunately pvp isn't the best. You'll play it, but don't expect anything out of it.
The problem I had with the game, is that I feel like in MMOs, it's quantity over quality. There's about 30% of wows amount of content, and leveling alts is pretty tedious due to some leveling design stuff. You can level all classes on one character, but main quest gives you most xp, and you can only do it once. So basically you're stuck doing grind to level your other classes. If you do make an alt, you have to suffer through the main quest with its 200 filler missions, since you cant get to endgame without doing main quest.

>It always keep coming back to the fairy
Alright then do this

Aspected Benefic (Nocturnal): Periodically applies a small shielding effect to the assigned target. May only be applied to one target at a time. Is not affected by Cleric Stance.

>tfw your whm is so shit at the game he can barely handle only healing as a whm and he'd probably break down if he was asked to dps or do the card shit
>can't kick him because he's friends with half the group

>plays on Balmung
>not autistic
pick one
There are two things you gotta research before picking a server. Are they infested with non-english speakers, and are they infested with ERP autists

>Anime weapon takes days of ingame time to farm and get, it's iLVL 240.
>Palace of the Dead weapon takes a couple of hours ingame time to farm, it's iLVL 235.

>ingame time
You're using that word wrong.

Theyre not going to change core class mechanics during a patch. The best you can expect until 4.0 is potency changes.

relic weapons are just for glamour

Relic opens up the way to the next step which is going to be i250 at least, unlike the PoTD weapon which is a dead end.
I mean, it doesn't justify the retarded amount of grinding you have to do for the relic, but that's their reasoning. Relic is a long-term project you start early that pays off in the end, PotD is for gearing up secondary jobs or a wellfare weapon.

relic never pays off

raid instead

Unless you're a SCH.

WHM are a meme and a noob trap just like PLD. I guess they're attractive to shitters because they seem like the 'purest' jobs in their roles from a flavour standpoint. Too bad they're the worst performers in practice.

never

I've been farming my 240 relic for 2 weeks and im just 10 umbrites shy of getting now.
The paldaji weapons are lame and there's no substitute for that soul imbued weapon.
Not to mention the Guillitine of the Tyrant looks fucking amazing and i cant wait to make my character look like Nightmare.

>Re-subbed

I don't know how this game manages to keep pulling me back in.

>reset is in like an hour
>leveling roulette for eso and lore
>Aurum Vale
>FUCK
>Tank goes right
>tanking enemies in the goo
>My dps is decent so he doesn't die like a retard
>SCH dies from probably taking aggro or standing on the goo
>my dps is alright so we clear the pack even though the tank has no healer
>ask him what is he doing
>"getting that chest"

30 minutes is a fucking deal compared to that shit. Gearing for 3.4 is going to be hell and I will be left behind.

/blog

Anyone on Siren? Probably going to make a PF and give away the money needed for apartments to the first 5 people who join when patch goes live

Not worth the MND loss going back to i220 accessories to be capped for A8S.

No, the music (or specifically, the music as applied to the setting) is the primary reason to play this game. I wouldn't even bother with raids and ex primals if they all just played a generic boss theme.

Only 3% of the players have even cleared savage. Who gives a fuck.

reset isnt for another day m8, servers are going down before it is reset time anyway, for 3.4

the patch is today?

After playing FFXIV for a very long time and playing WoW for the first time in Legion, they both have their own pros and cons but they are still very similar.

Personally I liked how easy it was to meet people and find parties for relevant content in WoW, but the combat feels so fucking clunky on most of the classes. That's probably my biggest motivator for going back to FFXIV now.

>hear everybody complaining about slippery floors
>get to gubal library normal
>faggot wall boss
>not too bad
>suddenly ice
>try to get a positional while sliding
>clip into him
>camera spzzes out
>die but my body is on the proper side
>party:?

Fucking fuck

At what age do catsluts start go into heat anyway.

roulette reset I meant

Reset as in daily reset you dingus.

What crafting mats do people think will be must have in 4 star crafting?

POST SPECULATION

I'm hoping the current stuff is needed still but with maybe 1 or 2 new things.

>You will never cover a Akihiko Yoshida fairy in Aldgoat milk

are there any currently running generals that are worse than xivg?

I feel like that would be an impossible feat

>Too bad they're the worst performers in practice.
>Cure 3
>Assize
Keep telling yourself that lol.

Make me wish there was more porn of Selene, Eos and Succubus minion.

>succubus minion

Patrician detected

She needs more love.

PSO2 was probably as bad but basically any japanese MMO/online game with high dressup options and female pandering will have an EXTREMELY cancerous general.

Also PSO2 faggots crossgeneral with FFXIV.

I wish there was more chibi-style porn in general

Me too, me too.

The only time healer effectiveness matters is for savage content and I severely doubt you've completed A8S

Should get the SCH relic for savage progression or just stick to welfare weapons?

Currently running, beside maybe /pso2g/ like this user said I don't think so.

Though for me, the most horrible general will probably always been /sc2g/.
Aka Kpop, idol, porn, drama and attention whore general?

/ksg/ for close second, especially when KS was popular even though it was an extremely average VN with bad arts.

I don't know why you would want to waste so much time on a relic when you have the PtoD book.
Crit/DET what the fuck do you need more?

I don't get why people are saying whm+ast will be the new hotness
it makes much more sense for ast to be the main healer and to have a backup sch

That's only because Twintania and Nael had way too many bullshit mechanics. Every group that's able to beat T9 is also able to beat T13.

ok

What's that?

>accuses someone else of not beating A8S
>has no idea what fflogs is

Im here to drop a truthbomb. The devs dont create mechanics based on fixed comps even in progressive week one raiding. There is no such thing as a necessity to have a SCH or a WHM. People only claim they need a WHM for Assize/Cure III because their SCH is slacking due to their focus on DPS. The SCH is only brought in because the DPS are slacking or underperforming in almost all cases. What this should mean for the average player is that if you need you SCH to minmax their DPS for 90% of an encounter past week one then you need to replace your DPS. If you cant meet healing requirements past week one, you need to most likely replace your SCH for tunneling.

But I'm not the one who accused him, I was just curious what it was supposed to represent.

His accumulated dps history in those fights. The number on the right is the percentile he's in.

Oh, that's pretty good then.

Accuracy you fucking idiot, 120 accuracy relic is amazing on sch.

>FFlogs

Post lodestone faggot

Where does this retarded mentality come from? When you're maximing DPS you'll want to maximize it from all sources, tanks, healers and DD alike. People push SCH DPS not because DD are slacking, but because they fucking can. The best mitigation is dead boss.

All im saying is that day one when raid content comes out you literally factually can do the content without your healers contributing DPS at all. I mean obviously if you want to minmax and speed the fight up thats fine, but its far from required the current meta we have.

>tfw stuck playing the accuracy melding game again in two days

You have no idea what you're talking about and it just sounds like you're that "honest healer" that tries to justify being a lazy shit.

its okay we have 5 materia slots in left side gear now

>can do the content without your healers contributing DPS at all
Except you fucking can't, you idiot. Healer dps is a huge contribution and during Gordias days dps checks were insane even with 2 full str tanks and 2 healers dpsing as much as they can.

lol no you just had shit DPS. Git gud.

>Once again all 4% of the people who have cleared the savage raids are arguing in this 1 thread

Amazing.

Yoshi went on interview saying that they tested the raid both with gear available during the raid and with gear required just to pass the required ilvl and both times their raids tested without healer contribution.

When people say "X is necessary for progression", what this actually translates to is "Is necessary for competing with others for world/server firsts". The only time a job was ever truly necessary for progression at any level was in 2.0 when WAR was literally unusable as a MT in Coil so you had to bring a PLD. Everything else can always be compensated with ilvls or plain getting gud.
Thing is, nobody is going to admit that their dinky static isn't going to be first in anything, so everybody pretends that they are actually big dick progression raiders and keep complaining about "mandatory" comps and other things that don't affect them negatively, such as lessened raid difficulty. That's why we ended up with shit like Gordias Savage and its abysmal clear rates.

>Playing through all this msq to finally play Heavensward
>On 82/100
>Mfw already

This shit better be worth it.

Mandatory comps still exist to this day for week first progression.

Only on gear that you need to win the lottery to obtain.

Wouldn't Clorox and a sponge work pretty good together?

>Every group that's able to beat T9 is also able to beat T13.

I cleared T9 but never got past T12 and 13.

Main tank, never bothered asking people to use quelling, it's not hard to keep aggro unless you're a low tier shitter

why not just remove accuracy all together, it's a dumb stat.

>Tank loses aggro and asks you to use Quelling
>You did

Who
>crafting a shitton of furniture and putting it up on the MB for all the new people who are going to have housing for the first time on Tuesday
here?

Heavensward's story is pretty good. You won't regret it.

Because people would whine about them removing the CHOICE of being able to miss.

After seeing several other people crafting 30+ orchestrions each I decided to not even bother. That and already having 230m gil puts a damper on wanting more.

haha what a loser

I already stole all the mog whiskers off MH for moogle-related housing shit.

I dont give a FUCK about the story anymore if the MMO part is shit still i'm unsubbing.

>it's a bard doesn't use foes for the blm and healer episode

Fuck everyone who plays this shit magnet job

Go play another game if the story bothers you then mate.

so make it like WoW where accuracy is no longer a stat and it's just based on levels now. If you're lower level than the monster, you have a higher chance to miss. If you're equal or higher level, you won't miss.

have you fed your heal slut some fresh cum today?

What are my server options if I don't want something completely dead?

That's when you stare them in the face and keep dpsing harder. I figure if I die I can take a well deserved break anyway.

Unless you're pushing savage progression and your death is gonna be the difference between a clear and a 1% wipe, sometimes ill just overaggro and die on purpose for the lulz.

Leviathan, Excalibur, Gilgamesh, Exodus

The story has overstayed its welcome the quest post Ultima weapon have been pointless as fuck

I'm playing an MMO that i pay MONTHLY for not a singleplayer game.

>boohoo I pay $13 a month to play a 200+ hours long singleplayer game

Is he still the savior of XIV?

Excuse me but, why are you playing a story driven mmo if you don't like it?

You sound like those retards who want to change a board because they can't adapt to it.

I don't know why still haven't faced him in a Trial.

If you guys ever wondered why this game its dying its because of the forced story and after completing almost all of it I can tell you right now they are just being assholes about this.

>Complete hard mode of these Prinals you did already
>Do these fetch quest so we can party :^)
Its bloat and its cancer

Kill yourself Cherie.

Trials are supposed to be winnable

youtube.com/watch?v=beUbpiGNeVc

>XIV Yokai Crossover Event
>Spam 800 existing fates, nothing new

>PSO2 Crossover Event
>Fight a recreation of Urth's Fount in another game

That's actually a really good idea for another Hildy trial.

you cant say WAR isn't madatory though, DRK/PLD is just too shit.

>get him to 99%
>I wonder how my son is doing
>he just fucks off

>Extreme
>get him to 99%
>his wife joins the fight

I love that they literally add FFXIV mechanics in PSO2, it's such a brilliant idea.

I really hope we will get a concert of Quna in FFXIV or maybe a fight against the Falz.