youtube.com/watch?v=7Hv0LYQ90-0
youtube.com/watch?v=ibKf66tVoFw
youtu.be/wQ6DYSf5VNE
youtube.com/watch?v=M0oTJiy6j8g
youtube.com/watch?v=cKsoMp8YacA
youtube.com/watch?v=NU6m1OHJZro
youtube.com/watch?v=1v_3vyl-kQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want it but I know they would fuck it up.

>throw your wallet at
>actually wanting hd remakes and remasters

FUCKING REDDIT

this

especially from a game with such dog shit combat

I'll have you know OP that game was one of the most pirated games of the PSP

it was also one of the biggest sellers.

Crisis Core was a fucking letdown. It was nice to see how characters like Cloud, Sephiroth and Aerith were like before the events of FFVII, but they ruined the story by putting Gackt in it and trying as hard as they can to make it look like he's any relevant to the series' lore.

Also the combat was terrible and the DMW was one of the stupidest gimmicks I've ever seen in the history of any JRPG ever.

>DMW was one of the stupidest gimmicks I've ever seen in the history of any JRPG ever.
Said someone that doesn't know that DMW is actually not random generated at all and is just a fancy visual effect.
True story.

the one time i played through this the DMW just got so broken by endgame I think in every battle during the last dungeon i had every buff simultaneously

>LUCKY STARS
>LUCKY STARS
>LUCKY STARS
>LUCKY STARS

I was pretty disappointed in it too. I was looking forward to a lot of the past events and shit being explained in more detail but the game basically just follows the plot of VII with shittier characters.

That really doesn't help it anything, though. Trance wasn't random either but pretty much everyone agrees it was a shitty idea.

DMW literally has invisible gauges for EXP and stuff, it's genuinely not random at all, which is funny considering how many retards seem to think that it is.

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Digital_Mind_Wave

Then what's the fucking point? Why not just make a normal leveling up system instead of shoehoring it in the DMW as well?

Rule of cool lol.

You could still get EXTRA level ups that were random based, but all your main levels go off invisible exp gauge.

It's really crazy how I think this is one of the best Final Fantasy pre/sequel, gameplay wise and story, but when I visit Cred Forums it's like opposite day. Then again with all the internet influences of "edgy" I can see why people put Genesis on a pedestal and call the story shit.

What are you talking about? People hate Genesis, he's commonly considered to be THE reason why the story is shit.

I've only ever heard that from here. What makes him so bad? You don't like poems? Okay, but why does he make the story bad?

the ending was great

I loved the game, but I always felt that Genesis was unnecessary. Like if the game removed him from every scene that he was in, the quality of the game wouldn't have suffered at all.

Genesis is basically a Sephiroth wannabe with no personality, no development nor anything. It's not even explained why he's so fucking obsessed with that Loveless poem that's basically 90% of his dialogue, he just got obsessed and wanted to make a "real" version of it with him as the protagonist.

They made an utterly pointless villain just for the sake of having a Gackt look-a-like in the game and retconned a lot of shit in order to make it seem like he played a big role on the events before FFVII. Because of him, the other guys at Shinra and Sephiroth ended up taking a backseat as antagonists, even though they were a lot more related to Zack and the other main characters and it was far more interesting to see their pre-FFVII versions than whatever bullshit Genesis wanted to do.

You actually think that game was good?

Jesus christ take the nostalgia goggles off.

Using your target for attack.

Target destroyed.

>Because of him, the other guys at Shinra and Sephiroth ended up taking a backseat as antagonists, even though they were a lot more related to Zack
To me, Genesis served as the game's main antagonist. Sephiroth couldn't fulfill that role as he takes a leave of absence and Zack dies by Shinra troops.

Loveless fills the void in Genesis' life. That's why he likes it. It was a poetic explanation of his relationship with the other characters and the story of CC in general.

I don't think the problem is that you think these characters were all pointless, it's that they were badly developed characters. I also don't understand how anything was retconned, considering the fact that the reactor scene with Genesis taking part in it was never even in the original game.

To me it seems more like Crisis Core conflicts with some people's idea of what FF7 is like. The compilation was created to be a subjective experience, and in early interviews with Nomura he specifically said they wanted the audience to come to their own conclusions about the story.

Morrowwind, or even Oblivion. Fucking Skyrim was not on the list at all.

>tfw I played CC before FF7

Me too im so happy that i ain't the only one

I just wanna know where the fuck cersi or whatever her name was went, and where Elena came from. Elena is never mentioned in CC which is understandable because she's new to the Turks in 7, but the lady turk from CC literally vanishes into thin air.

RIGHT
When you go to Zack's house in 7, his mom says a some girl that worked with Zack or something like that visited her, but we don't get a name or does the game ever brings it up.

There's at least three dozen FFVII fanfiction prequel stories on the internet that make more sense and are more satisfying than what Nomura and his gay sex idol Gackt came up with in the Compilation and that includes Crisis Core.

Despite being the best part of the Complation, CC is still shit.

Enjoy your fanfiction I guess.

It's not a game is it you fucking nigger? Go back to fucking tumblr and sarcastically send your passive aggressive woman tweets right up to your bigendered curious homosapian lover. Fucking faggot.

>It's ok that the game just fucking stops for a good 30 seconds because it's not random!

Enjoy your fanfiction, angry turd.

gimme gimme

Seeing as EA holds the rights for Star Wars games, I hope they'll stay the hell away from TIE Fighter and X-Wing.

Go play (read: watch) Before Crisis. It will answer both of your questions.

Same, watched AC too before the original game.

Started seriously playing it now and its great. I can definitely see why it became such a classic.

Who decided to let this series die anyway

Angeal was worse.

It's good that you'll see actual Cloud instead of the sad whiny emo shit they turned him into in AC for some reason

PSP games can run on the Vita, right? Theoretically, if I hacked my PSTV would I be able to play this on my tv?

he wasn't "emo" or sad or anything in advent children you dumb fuck. he was lost in his head and he had fucking cancer.

Why can't Japanese draw?

>Cyberconnect2 remake

Cloud is going to be such a prat it's going to make early Haseo look like a saint.

Gackt had a feud with Square Enix. Since then Square Enix is not allowed to use his likeness or anything related to him, meaning the character Genesis will not get any appearances again.

As a result Crisis Core can not be re-released, this is also why the game can not be released on PSN.

K&M, it's a nice rts with some city-builder-lite mechanism

every thread until you like it without ever posting source :^)

I don't care if it's true, I'll gladly kill the entire Compilation if it keeps Gackt away.

The other two games from the original Ratchet and Clank series. The remake of the first game was very enjoyable and pretty to look at, but there was some very obvious slacking in the animation department. It's particularly noticeable in the facial animations during cutscenes. The characters look so uninterested compared to the highly expressive facial animations of the original game.

Its cool but it could use some combat improvements.
>improved versions of video games
>a bad thing
New games are still coming out, remasters just give a good excuse to replay games you once enjoyed.

this gackt kid looks like a total faggot lmfao.

>Cloud
>a sad whiny emo shit in AC

He wasn't sad, whiny, or an emo you fucking retard. dejected =/= sad whiny or emo.

Such a good game.
We need an HD remake or a a fullblown sequal.

I desire it but know it will never happen.
It needs it too; its graphics are some of the worst on PS2

>did the same
>didn't know zack was going to die

it was like a donkey kick to the gut

>Native support for widescreen monitors and HD/4k resolution
>Multiplayer no longer requires Gamespy
>Native mod support
>Steam achievements, trading cards and Workshop
>Extraction Point integrated into the main campaign
>Perseus Mandate available as side content after beating the game (Like the Ada Wong missions in RE4)
>Includes the PS3 exclusive mission where you play as the black guy

Agreed, this one could use a remake. It could probably use KH or GU for combat then keep the commands in. As for the graphics, make it like cel-shaded like in GU. Those looked really well.

All you need for widescreen and arbitrary resolution support in the original version is to tweak your ini slightly. It takes almost no effort. The only improvement that FEAR could really use is the "instant action" mode from the 360 version. There really should be a way of just setting up a combat challenge map rather than making you play through the story every time you feel like revisiting it.

Man I just finished the third game today gonna start the last one tomorrow. It's a fun series do you know if the shows are any good?

>not random generated at all
It's not completely random like some people think but there are random elements to it. For example, you have a % chance of getting a level up based on how much experience you've gained since the last level, but you can push that percentage to 100 if you go long enough without leveling. You also have random percent chances of triggering materia level ups, summon appearances, etc. You can influence these things to a pretty significant degree to the point that you can have almost complete control over it, but there is still a RNG determining whether they proc or not. It's also mostly RNG determining whether you even go into the DMW. A lot of battles it'll just spin endlessly without triggering anything.

t. someone who spent way too much time going in-depth into CC's mechanics back in like 2007 through 2009.

i want it

The only good .hack// anime is Quantum, as it wasn't animated by Bee Train.

Sign is decent but suffers from really bad animation and lots and lots of pointless talking. The show is far too long for its own good. But it has gorgeous music, great atmosphere, and sets things up for the games, so its worth a watch if you can stomach the boring parts. Liminality is okay too.

Roots is unwatchable garbage, and Legend of the Twilight is just a generic comedy that doesn't even follow the manga correctly.

Damn right, at least we got Sentinels. Nival is still around but they haven't done anything interesting in years.

You got it :^)

You'll take your iOS port, and LIKE IT.

//Roots had a promising starts but turned to garbage halfway through.

Thanks Square
Its not like I wanted a PSPafied version of FFVI with better sprites or anything.

It's criminal that square got through the 3d remakes of III & IV and stopped before they did 5 and 6. I'd love a proper VI remake.

>Developed for console first
>Third person only
>autoaim
>easy
>no way to divert power or shields
>you're a jedi because that's awesome

Just thinking about it hurts.

butt

Someone just give the rights to CD Projekt Red already. I don't care if it gets remade or I get a sequel, I just want more, preferably from a company that isn't completely incompetent like Piranha Bytes.

The PSP ports of I, II, and IV are some of the best looking sprite games out there. It's criminal that III, V, and VI never got that treatment.

>ffvi gets a 3d remaster
>tfw getting to see sabin suplexing the ghost train

youtube.com/watch?v=7Hv0LYQ90-0
Give it three times more animation frames and make WB himself look less like a twink.
>user, you can't fund a remake of a remake
THE FUCK I CAN'T

>It's a fun series do you know if the shows are any good?
SIGN is more focused on psychological aspects of the series and acts more as a "build up" for the events that is about to happen in the games while Liminality focuses on what's happening outside the game and what's happening behind the scenes of the games. They're pretty nice and links/clears the story up, but don't expect a lot action packed sequences.

>remaking a big budget spectacle game like FF6 for a handheld platform
Utterly idiotic. It wouldn't work as a lower budget DS remake and its not popular enough to work as a huge budget remake like FF7.

People seem to really like Wonder Boy
youtube.com/watch?v=ibKf66tVoFw

It looks faithful, which is great, but it really looks like a flash game which is pretty offputing.

We still don't know the secret of his power though.
Blast processing, maybe.

80 million people had a psp

>they "fix" being able to do it because it was too silly

It's not the artstyle itself that bothers me (it is a bit weak though), so much as the fucking 2 frame animations.
I mean, goddamn, even adventure island had more frames when it moved to 16-bits, and that was without affecting the actual gameplay and speed.

>three separate wonder boy revival projects in development
What a strange time we live in
youtu.be/wQ6DYSf5VNE

>Genesis
>Angeal
>that stupid "loveless" story
>roulette as a battle system
>75% of the story is filler

Why would you replay this when the only interesting part has zero replay value ?

1. Ace Combat Collection
2. Bayonetta 1

The first because Infinity is fucking beautiful and I want the other games in that kind of glory. The second because the original release has a dogshit framerate.

>Bayonetta 1
>wanting a remaster of an already HD game
Isn't it a bit too soon for that?

>The second because the original release has a dogshit framerate
So you played it on the PS3? Both the Wii U and the 360 versions run well. Just play one of them.

>square will never make a full fledged ff disgaea for ps4

why, was i alone in that felt like one of their best releases in recent time?

Isn't that what Dissidia: Final Fantasy sort of is? I mean its being made for arcades but you know its probably going to come out on PS4. Maybe PC at a later date too.

Didn't a new Dissidia just come out in arcades not long ago? That'll probably come to PS4 sooner or later.

Shit, I didn't even know it was on Wii U.

I'm not getting a 360 because it has the build quality of a PS1.

>one of the best ff titles
pls. It had redeeming features, but it was super fucking grindy to actually get the real ending, and although it had some neat ideas, they were basically all done better in BBS.

Dissidia is more like those DBZ Budokai games but for FF characters.

dissidia i meant indeed, sorry its early and fucked that up.

but thats like fucking great news, you guys made my sunday.

>it has the build quality of a PS1.
So does the PS3. Anyway, how did you miss the years of shitposting about Bayonetta 1&2 being on the Wii U? It's kind of been hard to ignore.

None really because I don't mind replaying the "SD" versions

I don't mean to disappoint you and I'm glad you're happy, but it doesn't look like its going to be as good as the PSP Dissidias.
youtube.com/watch?v=M0oTJiy6j8g
youtube.com/watch?v=cKsoMp8YacA
youtube.com/watch?v=NU6m1OHJZro
youtube.com/watch?v=1v_3vyl-kQE

Looks to be a straight arcade game, no story mode.

>Playing a fighting game for the story

what i saw from the gameplay its mostly the same which is fucking awesome. why do you think it will be worse?

I remember shitposting about the sequel being on Wii U, but I never really went into those threads.

Same deal with Undertale: I know it's an Earthbound inspired indie game with an awful fanbase but that's about it.

The combat just seems slower and less flashy. I also haven't seen any wall running in any footage of the game.

Well the retail version of Bayo 2 came with a copy of Bayo 1 too. Has some extra Nintendo themed costumes and shit in it too.

>Not emulating in native HD with ppsspp

i played through that whole game and never understood how the modulating phase worked.

MGS3,MG1 in MGSV gameplay, and Island of Flies.

FUCKING PACHINKO

XCOM, nigga

No, the reboots don't count, they're great in their own right but massively dumbed down

Honestly, I'd even pay for a straight reskin with GBA-tier sprites. Xenonauts comes close to filling the void but still feels off

You do realize Sephiroth wasn't always evil, right?

He only became twisted and warped when he began reading shit in the ShinRa building at Nibelheim.

In fact, generally Sephiroth was worse than Gackt because of his preaching.
Gackt was just some fag that liked poetry.

I do agree that they never really had much of a foundation to work with building the characters up, I hated that bit too, but he wasn't all that bad.

>One of the best FF titles alongside Tactics

This is how I know you never actually played any FF games.

>Loveless fills the void in Genesis' life. That's why he likes it.

That's the gayest shit I've ever heard in a series full of gay shit.

And thank god, because otherwise I would have completely lost faith in this board and humanity in general.

Nomura did say he wanted to do something about V and VI. Then again he said it a year ago and we haven't heard anything since then.

Not to mention they ruined Aerith somehow had LESS personality here than she did in the original game.

Angeal barely even mattered to the plot, and was only there just to give Zack the buster sword.

>in early interviews with Nomura he specifically said they wanted the audience to come to their own conclusions about the story.

PR talk at its finest. The ending was cut because the game itself was rushed.

Actually you can thank Tabata for Crisis Core.

>In fact, generally Sephiroth was worse than Gackt because of his preaching.

Literally everyone in the game was fucking preaching every goddamn cutscene.

Wait did no one understand Genesis's motivation was to stop his degradation and regain his soldier honor by having one final bout with the Soldier memeber he respected most SZack........

This is Cred Forums, the majority of retards on here still don't get Tidus was forcing his laughter in FFX.
As in, laughter therapy, since Yuna was all low and feeling down.

>The only people that played it were the 30 guys that bought a psp

So there IS some justice in this world after all.

Because he's still a shit character with almost no relevance to the story even after he was retconned into it at every turn.

It was my first Final Fantasy game, but even then I thought it was pretty stupid, especially that slot machine thing which seemed to pop up at complete random
After fighting sephiroth in the reactor, the game just seemed to drag on and on and on

Wot they went to the town in the first place to chase after Genesis

>aerith