PSN FLASH SALE thread

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

We still have a day left to stop being indecisive fucks and fucking buy something on the cheap.

Might buy some PS4 Games so I have games to play once I get a PS4 next month, and SAO for the Vita because I am bored and I need something to do.

Convince to buy Atelier pack, lads

Do it

You don't want SAO for the vita.
It has a botched translation. Which was kind of fixed for the ps4 release.
They didn't bother patching in the right translation for the psvita version.

>patching in the right translation for the psvita version

How's the co-op for PW3? Kind of interested in playing with someone on PS3

bought Day of the Tentacle

There is not patch.
You get what feels like a Machine google translate version of the games story for the PSvita.

Do I buy One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 for $15?

How's the game?

>Finally decided to get Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
>not enough space
fuck me are these games longer than expected?

Like 50,000 other musous, only this has a OP skin

>all anime shit
What's the point?

Not worth it unless you KNOW you will like it. Atelier Rorona Plus it's pretty cheap if you want to get into it.

It's good. Really solid character variation for a DW games.

If you're interested in Guilty Gear at all, jump on that shit ASAP. It's a fucking steal at this price

It doesn't do anything new for the genre, but if you like One Piece or want to get into it this game summarizes everything in the plot up to Dressrosa (the most recently completed major arc).

Bought Digimon Slueth.
Never been a Digimon fan.
Never followed Digimon past one episode from Kids WB.

Is it going to fun for a general person who has an open mind?

Did you play a SMT game.
It is pretty much that but brain dead.

Nope.

boring, call me when they have ps1 games

also wtf sony
>buy Warriors when it was on sale
>goes to ps4 like a month later
>mfw it isnt crossbuy

It's a pretty lackluster RPG.

I got Day of The Tentacle and Child of Light..

My god Day of The Tentacle is great.

There's not a single good game on sale.

not even Digimon?

When has Digimon ever been good

This flash sale was pretty convenient. I was on the fence on buying PW3 but this sale convinced me to buy it. I also got The Legend of Korra

why the hell did you buy it then

fuck i really wanna buy guilty gear cause i know it'll be a while before its this cheap again but maaaan i know i shouldn't be spending money like that

I bought it for full price. Getting it for close to 20 is practically a steal. if I were in your shoes I would get it. I'm actually made I got it for 60 because I had to spend more on Dizzy DLC

how good is the ps3 port of symphonia?

30 FPS and some other downgrades compared to the GCN version but it's not like there's something wrong with it.

>(You
should I get the pc version over it then?

Which should I get? Nitroplus and Cyber Sleuth, or Caladrius Blaze (physical)?
Sure, the sale is more reasonable but I was also intending to get those physical, and I'm not too sure if I should pass these up or not.

>Catherine for $5

What a steal.

It's the same port, and I don't know if there was a 60FPS mod for it.

Each game is 30 hours on average and they act as two parts of one story
Get it. I dropped $60 on it and man was it worth it

The PC port after all the various patches basically just make it a slightly more shiny PS3 version. It's all a matter of whether you prefer new content or 60FPS. If the latter, emulate it on Dolphin

>tfw have everything I want already
>there are some games I'm on the fence about but the price is too high for me to buy it on impulse

Well it's a good sale. Shame I can't partake.

so is the pc port the best non emulated version, I just want to know if I should wait for it to go on sale instead

I was honestly going to pick up Corpse Party for 11$, but I saw that FUCKING GAMESTOP was selling the physical copy with art book and ost for like 12$ more so I bought that instead. Corpse Party had a damn good OST.

Other than that, kind of on the fence about Cybersluts for Vita (no PS4), how does that run?

>buying Vita games

How is the vita version of Darius Burst?

Holy shit revelator for $24 is a god damn steal

if you idiots don't buy that shit then there's no hope for you

Vita has (slightly) lower-res visuals and runs at 30 FPS compared to 60 on the PS4. That's about the only difference.

Any good fighting games? Got a couple new fightsticks for my PS3 and need something to use them with. Bought Skullgirls already because it was $2

alright

alright

i guess ill buy it then

>can't download PS3 games on PS4

Goddammit, Sony. Is that really necessary?

Actually yes, since giving the PS4 the ability to natively play PS3 games would ramp the price up by $200 at least

Nigga get Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator already.
Also, that version of Skullgirls is outdated.

Got Guilty Gear. Is it hard to git gud at this game?

It's easy to get into but the skill ceiling is super-high.
It does give you tons of training material so use it as much as you can

>Blazblue is on sale too
Goddamnit, make Guilty Gear Vs. Blazblue happen already.

Legit, this is the only thing I bought from the sale.

Don't bother with nitro+, it's a subpar fighter. CyberSluts is good if you're a big fan of digimon. Haven't played the other game you mentioned.

Even for $11? I'm surprised

It's a waste of money. Unless you can get a group of friends to pick it up with you there's hardly any point since you won't be playing it more than a couple hours. If you want slightly better anime fighter go get dengeki bunko fighting climax (ignition if you're willing to import) the mechanics at least feel better than nitro+.
If you wanna get the best anime fighter, pick up uniel it's a solid fighting game.

I only bought because Saya no Uta was my first vn.

That version of BB is basically obsolete. Console port of the new one comes out in 12 days in Japan and a couple months in English.

Ni No Kuni is good.
I like the battle system and the aesthetic is refreshing.

I don't use my PS3 much, but it is a good deal.

World 1 and 3 on PS1 were good and then after that the later games weren't that good, but Cyber Sleuth redeemed it and its really good.

Will Nonon ever not be the queen of shitposting?

should I buy Naruto

>revelator is 24 gringoshekels
ITS FUCKING TIME BABY

Would you recommend PW3 as a competent summary of the series thus far?

>almost buy Catherine
>remember it's dub only
Bullet dodged

It's a very bare-bones version of the story. You miss out on explanatory details, overarching plot development (aka my favorite part of every chapter between major arcs), and a few minor arcs. But you do get to play out the major battles of the series and get an idea of the crew's adventures.

The dub's super good. Then again, the writing is a lot more "western" than Atlus's other games

I just bought it. 48 dollars off is pretty good for all 3 I hope

Bought Xenoverse and Shantae. Most of the other games I already own physical

Remember to google the secret codes that unlock 2 outfits for Korra. Worth it for Spirit Korra imo.

Personally I love how it gives you outfits for all the previous PS3 Tales save data you have. And those costumes are new higher resolution textures so it makes the characters look better in-game. Raine makes a really cute Pascal and Zelos is perfect in Alvin's outfit

That's what your Jewish masters would say, yes. It's not really the case though.

>can't play online on PS4

what will i even fucking do with it

Is J-Stars Victory worth getting?

Saya is so underwhelming too. They could have done so much more with her, as a big fan of SNU I was very disappointed

Play it? This isn't Street Fighter V

Dude Laura Bailey voices a literal succubus what more do you want?

played the first assignment of Rorona and never touched it again

game takes place in the US man

It's like every time someone asks to be convinced on neptunia: if you like cute girls doing cute things enough to play entire games about it you probably would already have all the games

Miyuki Sawashiro

It's not that I mind games that are in English but anime dubs a shit.

Catherine is by far the least anime shit Atlus have recently shat out

when is ps4 going to get more ps3 re releases? i would love to get to play all of the shit i missed on ps3 like catherine, persona 3/4, MGS hd collection, sotc/ico hd, etc.

Nothing interested me in this sale
so I just bought DBZ Resurrection F, even though I've seen it like 5 times already

Is Hollow fragment actually good?

I heard people who hate the series say it's fun, but it looks kinda meh

Which of the two SAO games are worth getting on the Vita. I don't have a PS4.

I mean dubs done by anime dub companies, not dubs of anime bro

I'm training right now, faget.

Should I get Cyber Sleuth and Dariusburst? I hate JRPGs and I probably won't get around to Dariusburst for over a year. What should I do?

Cyber Sleuth got a price drop anyway, so I'd go for Darius. Mainly because it's ridiculous that game has been $59.99 for ages.

>hate JRPGs

stay very far away from Digimon Grinding Festival

Ausfag, had my own sale and bought that ps4 star ocean.

Fucking enjoying it.

How is Grim Fandango or Broken Age?

Yo, what's up, Im gonna tell you the good stuff to get on both the PS3 side & the movie side if you feel like wasting money on movie rentals.

Skullgirls Encore is one of the best to get at the moment. It got marked down to $2, while Beowulf & Robo-Fortune are both still free and all the other DLC having gotten marked down last year, youd be spending a grand total of $14 compared to the extra $11 PS4 people would pay for 2nd Encore.
In terms of Anime Fighters, you have GGXrd -Revelator-, Nitroplus Blasterz, Aquapazza, DBZX, Saint Seiya (Brave Soldiers & Soldier's Soul) & J-Stars. In terms of price, Saint Seiya (Soldier's Soul) & J-Stars are both the same price and discount, but J-Stars is probably the best to go for between the two, since most of your pals probably won't know what Saint Seiya is to begin with, + J-Stars is at least a stupid fun game to play with people, since most people are going to know the characters in the game.
The other really good games to get on sale are Catherine, Ni No Kuni, DuckTales, Child of Light, either of the two SMT games, with the two Tales games and Akiba's Trip as wildcards (read the synopsis and watch some gameplay to see if you'll like them).

On the animation side:
The best movies to watch are Akira, The Boy & The Beast, The Animatrix, The Iron Giant, Space Jam, Boy & the World, the 3 seasons of Batman Beyond, with the wildcard being the ORIGINAL Teen Titans (seasons 3-5 [not everyone might like TT, hence its position]).
The ones that are up in the air on whether you might like it or hate it, for me anyways, is Appleseed: Alpha, Song of the Sea, the Watchmen short, Corpse Bride, Extraordinary Tales, with the DBZ/Ghost in the Shell/Psycho-Pass/Yugioh animated movies (these come down to if you like the anime it was based off of) & Akira Kurosawas Dreams (this one is peculiar, check it if you like the dir.) as wildcards.
The rest are all shit or not worth your time (like Red Sonja, the Powerpoint Presentation).

Hope this helps.

just got catherine for $5. always wanted to play it

a bunch of the humor went over my head as a kid
>squirt ink on Ben Franklin
>"If it's not lightning, I won't even ask"
or
>ask Thomas Jefferson "sup bra"
>talks about adding single-syllable undergarments to the constitution

I already have Akiba Trip on PS3, any point to get it for PS4?

Which saint seiya is worth?

>Buying movies

Bought Neptunia U and the Atelier pack
Also watched some videos of akiba's trip and decided I don't want the game at all

Soldiers' Soul is apparently the updated version of Brave Soldiers, since it has all the characters as well as the DLC from the previous version along with some new characters.

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT US ONLY