That's it. I don't think I can do this. I've never met a genre this hard to play

That's it. I don't think I can do this. I've never met a genre this hard to play.

RTS doesn't come close to this level of needless memorization and complexity, and I swear my moves don't come out when I press it.

I truly regret trying to play fighting games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2SNwKvWiVc
youtube.com/watch?v=fq2KKoCt2Hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry to hear about that user. I love fighting games but I won't lie, they definitely are hard to play. If your moves don't come out when you press them, just go into training mode with inputs turned on and grind it out.

cool story bro

you'd better post street fighter girls to cheer yourself up

Guarenteed replies.

My brain simply cannot process what is needed. I literally spent hours trying to memorize jump HK > MP > combo with a stupid analog turn ... and fuck up on the second move

Don't worry user, the whole point is getting better! What in particular is the problem?

Apples and oranges. While both genres require quick decision making at a competitive scale, your "quick decision" in RTS is usually "oh fuck I need to reposition" to "oh fuck I need to expand" etc., and that can be a successfully executed "quick decision" in 2-3 seconds in the first case or 15 seconds in the second. Quick decisions in fightan need to be done within 6-15 frames. It's much more a gut call than a calculated one.

On the flipside, you need to have the mental endurance to keep making quick decisions in RTS's for 15-25 minutes. Fightan is usually done in about 3.

Again, apples and oranges

Thats the worst fighting game on the market right now. Considering its the easiest too good luck playing actual good fighting games, just quit the genre.

>can barely do combos against AI much less against human players
guess I'll stick to RTS games

I legitimately think there is something wrong with me.

In RTS games I could play with no problem ... ez .. played since a kid.

Fighting games, it's like my brain has been lobotomized and I just button mash

It's more than just practice ... the memorization is too much

Play Ryu. Drill yourself to where you don't have to think about doing the easy things (blocking, hit confirms, anti-airing)
You're gonna lose a whole lot before you start winning.

Fighting games is the genre that will teach one that he isn't the one carrying teams in other games, but the one being carried.

Unless you do well in fighting games, then you probably carry in team games too.

Well how much do you know about fightan? The problem could be simply lack of mechanical knowledge, like trying to play RTS without knowing about drag boxing
Do you know about cancelling moves? How to do motions and some shortcuts about them?
Or maybe the problem is just lack of knowledge of what to do in certain situations? The first two you could do some reading into to try and ascertain what exactly it is, maybe watch some tutorials on it. For the latter, watching some pro's play would definitely help to understand things like spacing, footises, punishing, and other higher mechanics.

It's the only way too. This whole combo thing is alien to me. Especially with the analog. I mess up 80% of the time.

Deep. I can understand that when you consider fighting games are ultimately you vs him and it all depends on how you think.

1. There's nothing wrong with your brain. Lots of people have been in the same boat as you once before, everyone starts out being shitty at fighting games.

2. Play Ryu

3. Are you on controller? If so I recommend using the D-Pad, analog stick is inconsistent in fighting games.

4. Take it slow. When doing a combo such as j.HK, MP xx Hadoken, focus on the timing. Make sure to set the training dummy to Auto Block (or After First Hit, whatever they call it). If they block a move mid-combo, you're doing it too slow. If a move doesn't come out, you're doing it too fast.

Hope this helps. I can't fall asleep tonight so I'll be here if you have more questions.

well there's your problem
Don't use analog, use the dpad. Analog takes too much time to move compared to the dpad

He means dancing, right? or maybe rollerblading.

I feel like I haven't gotten even close to beating the AI after several hours of grinding these past 2 days

Some combos are just too difficult. I mean how the hell do I do Urien's Chariot combo? I pressed the fucking analog backwards then forward with the appropriate button. I can't even remember if it was a punch or kick button even after 30 min of straight trying that SINGLE combo.

Yea, I'll try and switch it. It's just these damn directional combo's give me a headache

>2.
Will do
>3.
Xbox 360 wireless controller on PC
>4.
Thanks a lot. I mean I never felt so fucking defeated from just playing a video game. I see these supposedly same level players just whooping my ass each match then taunt or stay still at the start of the round just to fuck with me.

You're better off using the keyboard if all you have is a 360 controller. Much more accurate.

Those are charge moves, user. The yellow arrow means you have to hold it for a little bit before inputing the release direction and button.

You shoulda said you were playing charge characters user, that clears up a lot of things
Charge Characters like Urien have moves that forego traditional motions for holding a directional button for a little under a second
I had the same problem in sf4 trying to play Bison, the key is that your default position for playing charge characters is down back
This lets you charge both chariot tackle and your headbutt and Knee dive, keeping your options open. The nice thing about charge moves is that no matter what else you are doing, as long as you hold the directional charge, the move charges. So if you do jump hk into crouching hp, you can charge the chariot tackle while doing the heavy punch

Is it that shitty?

You should have started with an actual FUN fighting the game

I don't know shit about ... shit. I just had to look up "charge characters".

I legit think I'm about to play keyboard like the other user suggested. Maybe something good will happen.

This. Just count in your head for one second, then push forward. Also, if a move doesn't seem to be coming out properly, make sure you're pushing the directional inputs before the respective punch/kick button. Sometimes grinding out an input as fast as you can leads to you pushing the button before you're done with the directional input, such as hitting punch while still forming a Z-motion and failing a DP.

practice op...
youll improve

No it's not, I know people who play on controller and can kick my ass. I wouldn't recommend learning keyboard, because you can't hook that up to say a PS4 if you're visiting a console friend or playing on a public setup. At the end of the day, play with what's most comfortable to you. There are people who play these games with their face.

youtube.com/watch?v=N2SNwKvWiVc

well keyboard is kind of difficult, a bit less so for charge characters
Good luck user, the basics will eventually become muscle memory and your superior rts brain will begin to body scrubs left and right

Brolylegs is top waifu

Yes, the 360 dpad is too mushy for fighting games. You go to press down and it "rolls" into left/right. It's also bulky and will slow you down.

This genre requires precise inputs so keyboard will be more useful in that regard unless you get a stick or decent dpad.

Compare how easy it is to throw a fireball with the dpad vs keyboard.

i use a 360 pad and it works. dont know if keyboard is better, never tried.

also, if youve never played a fighting game before, DONT start with a charge character. start with ryu (or ken), there's a reason why every single guide recommends ryu to starting players.

if you have trouble executing special moves, check out this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=fq2KKoCt2Hs

are you EU or NA? and do you play on PS4 or on PC?

If all else fails user, you could always play us so we can call you ass

it was the funnest street fighter when it first came out, but its shallow depth has made it much more about memorization than actual fighting and switch ups.

feels like mortal/marvel than street fighter.
I know that won't make sense to anyone though. whatever.

kind of regret buying it. and they fucked with ibuki.

Yea, I needed someone to explain this, because really the game doesn't help a lot.

I hope so user

I just want to start getting the good feeling of victory, to be honest

thanks, though i wouldn't consider myself superior lol i know you're joking. but fuckign hell fighting games is so hard

Yea i had these experiences, which is why i stuck with analog, but keyboard definitely made my commands very clear to the game

ok, i am CURRENTLY in south america. i will be back in north america in a few months (march most likely). i think i'll go with ryu but i like Ken's style

played a fighting game on a playstation 3. I went aspburgers mode and spent 3 hours trying to learn the moves in training mode looking up what the button presses were. needed to use the d pad for the really complex moves, i cant remember why. >B^

can't wait for 7. shits taking forever to come out to PS4.

>It's more than just practice
l o l

>I just want to start getting the good feeling of victory, to be honest

it will take a while.
some tips:
dont focus on learning elaborate combos. pracice your special moves until you can get them to come out every time you want them, then start playing against other players.

focus on blocking and punishing unsafe moves.
focus on anti-airing the enemy whenever they jump in. especially in the lower leagues people tend to jump a LOT, and if you can consistently anti-air them you have a big advantage over them.

Breh I've been playing fighting games for years and some characters still make me go full retard. I can play puppet archetypes fairly well since I staryed early with puppet characters, but trap and, to an extent, unsafe 50/50 rushdown characters make me go stupid.