Are you going to get the new Gears of War?

Are you going to get the new Gears of War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Cd7YJqtaEY
youtube.com/watch?v=A0PbB_6hqa8
indiannoob.in/amazon-com-glitch-allows-get-gears-war-4-free/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks great desu. Got it preordered because I want to play as milf anya

Microsoft is a cancer of gaming they must be stopped

No, it was always a garbage franchise and the definition of 'I-It's fun with friends though!'

Halo at least has some things going for it, but Gears is pure garbage

Not getting an xbone anytime soon but it does look pretty good

Also wasn't 90% of the planet flooded by Gears 3 or something?

Flip Gears and Halo and you have just another opinion, you stupid faggot.

Oh Gears of War... I liked when it came out. When i was 15-17. Death scenes were good, loved the atmosphere.

Well my brother just got an Xbone yesterday so yeah.

Nah, don't have an xbone and the last one I liked was 2 because it was slower and shotgunfags got reckt by my lancer

Marcus dies.

ESTAN HUNDIENDO CIUDADES CON UN GUSANO GIGANTE

It looks boring as fuck. Those robot enemies are total bullet sponges complete with annoying shields. It resembles Halo 4 in a way and that's not a good thing

The only reason I played GoW 1-3 for so many years is because I had a dedicated group of friends playing with me.
Now I don't have them anymore. Also, I don't play on consoles nor do I have Windows 10 installed.

So no.

listen bruv you know thats not true
phil spencer is the best thing to happen since OG times

no shit

It would be more of a shocker if he lived, honestly lads I am torn whether or not to pick up a xbone for it.

This looks like a good thread to dump this in. Getting pc version btw

no, the only decent game in the series is the first one and that's only because it bit off of other, better games, and even then was still mediocre at it's best

active reload was a sort of fun mechanic though and i'm glad it's been copied by other devs

yeah, probably.

Yeah, if not just for the pendulum wars.

>The only reason I played GoW 1-3 for so many years is because I had a dedicated group of friends playing with me.
Now I don't have them anymore.
I hate this feeling, my friends and I still play vidya past college but the only thing we have in common is PC (and half of us have shitty computers).

I miss playing Gears and Halo 3 with them on a regular basis back in high school.

>Win 10
>Xbone

lolno

>part 4
>new dev team assigned to the franchise by Microsoft
>robot enemies are total bullet sponges complete with annoying shields
Hmm..really makes u think

Is it coming to steam? i would buy it though

I'm just gonna wait for a Longplay to get caught up on the story.

Except
>actually hired people who worked on the original trilogy
>Robots have almost an identical TTK as the Locust
>Artstyle isn't fucked with by weeb artists
>Main character of the previous games isn't being dug up just to have a complete character change
>Multiplayer isn't being fucked with perks and bullshit

Yep

Horde looks fucking awesome.

I don't like the soft reboot they're going for.

Locusts were a big thing on this planet, so where were these new enemies this whole time?

Hmmm. Only on Microsoft store huh? Maybe if it was on steam. Or maybe if the other 2 games were released on pc

The new enemies weren't around. They came as a biproduct of the countermeasure and humans being too stupid to burn the billions of locust bodies

actually i lied marcus actually lives.

>People actually think they'll kill Marcus

should I buy Halo 5 right now if I want to shoot cunts in multiplayer?

>Locust introduced as an underground indigenous civilization
>turns out they're just humans who mutated and started worshiping bugs within a few generations because herpa derpa durr
>Lambent are a thing because Halo had flood and we need our version of flood
>nevermind the fact that Immulsion had been mined as an energy source for decades and had huge wars fought over it, and somehow at no point did anyone spill large amounts of it and create a lambent outbreak
>Locust are defeated once and for all by destroying all Immulsion on the planet, thus creating a new energy crisis
>oh, and now there are new aliens. Why? Because the immulsion is gone. Why did that create new aliens? Herpa derp.

Look, if they want to reboot Gears of War, just fucking reboot it.

It can be a planet near Sera. Not the same planet, just another one humans colonized.

>young colonel hoffman
>young dom
>pendulum wars

What?

>oh, and now there are new aliens. Why? Because the immulsion is gone. Why did that create new aliens? Herpa derp.
Gee, it's almost like they might just explain this in a game that isn't out yet dumbass.

Is there a part of gears 4 where you get to play in the pendulum wars?
If not what is this from?

Dom and Hoffman were both there during the battle of Aspho Field.

Would like to play it But, I am not buying an Xbone for 1 game. Also, I am sure as shit not installing Windows 10.

I know that but what's with the clip. Is it a flashback in GoW 4 or what?

damn, i forgot it was win10 only ;(

Yes, judging off the scene that looks like it is clearly gameplay I would assume there is a flashback chapter. Source is youtube.com/watch?v=0Cd7YJqtaEY

more like TEARS of War

I really like this character design.

Just a frat bro who decided that's how he'd live his entire life.

>have some people i know working on the project
>no inclination to play it
No offense to them, but my love for gears died with 3. I'm just happy to see Vancouver put something out for vidya.

It doesn't fucking matter what reason they decide to give for the new Locust's appearance.

The very fact this conflict is continuing is absurd. The Locust were interesting because they were an underground civilization and relied on the beasts that lived there to serve the Locust as biological weapons platforms.

And these new enemies are just more of the same in every way. They even use locust weapons.

yea, like it or not gears has some pretty unique mp and i find it enjoyable

it's also on windows 10 and don't ask questions

>just another one humans colonized
Humans didn't colonize Sera. It's their home planet in Gears. Earth isn't a thing in that universe, as far as we know. They aren't even capable of space travel.

youtube.com/watch?v=A0PbB_6hqa8

So whats the story now? I saw in the trailer that one of the Yellow infected Locust might be making a comeback.
>tfw no GoW prequel set during the Pendulum wars

The game looks like fucking shit and has worse graphics than gears 3. Why the fuck are they fighting robots? So uninspired

After years of hearing Xboxfags hype Gears I finally bought a 360 and the first two Gears games. Holy fuck is the first one a rough game. The graphics, the controls, the cover mechanics are all super sketchy and low end. I don't know how anyone ever thought it was a good game.

the campaing is pretty generic yea but unless you just stay in cover and lancer the mp is pretty unique

dudebro shooter trash

these type of games need to fuck off to the insane clown posse development shithole it emerged out of. The xbox crowd is disgusting

*tips fedora*
well said m'lady
i only play superior nippon games compiled 10000 times to make them better

Relic Entertainment.
The guys who did Dead Rising.
A few others i'm forgetting.

I used both on the right. Thanks.

the 360 was a mistake. you subhuman casual console shooter trash players need to leave the industry. I hate dudebros so dam much

>So whats the story now?
Based on what is shown it goes like this
>25 years after Gears 3
>Relative peace but only around 100k humans exist
>After the countermeasure humanity couldn't really find a way to get rid of the billions of locust bodies effectively and instead just buried them in giant burial grounds
>Countermeasure also fucked the environment even further creating giant Mad Max fire tornados
>COG and other governments have set up Attack on Titan cities to protect against the elements where humans are forced to behave "socially" and remain safe
>COG is now basically run by a overprotective mother figure who forces people to breed and has built a bunch of robots for all the dangerous tasks
>Alot of the former stranded and soldiers said fuck that and decided to make towns outside of the COG cities and basically live as farmers
>Outsiders make get alot of their technology by raiding COG bases and stealing shit
>JD Fenix is Marcus' kid
>Marcus and JD don't really get along all that well due to JD wanting to be a big old soldier like daddy and Marcus thinking he's a dumbass for wanting to do that
>JD gets mixed up in some shit
>COG think the outsiders are now kidnapping citizens and killing them
>Swarm are doing it instead
>Swarm origins have something to do with the Locust burial sites all being infected with something
That's pretty much everything that's known so far.

That's ironic considering the Xbox crowd is now the ps4 crowd.

>Gears of my wife's son
No thanks cuck

>You subhuman casual console shooter trash players need to leave the industry.
Clean the cheeto dust off your fingers and make me :^)

Why do Xbox games have zero appeal outside of America?

man that shit has that lil bitch cryin all the time

Because Europoors are faggots who hate guns,
Nips are faggots who hate anything that isn't swords, and Mestizos are too busy trying to pick their heads up off the ground.

Did you play NG or Panzer Dragoon?
Lost Odyssey? Dead Rising? Fable? The glut of PC releases ported to the original Xbox by MS in hopes of drawing that crowd?

Same reason why Japanese games like yakuza have no appeal in America.

Funny enough I made some nip friends playing gears of war in 06.
Gears was one of the games on xbox that appealed to Japan.

New Zealand here. Xbone outsells PS4s to a hilarious extent here.

t. EB Games employee.

Well at least Microsoft tried during the early days of the 360 with games like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata and a couple other JRPGs I forgot
The results were mediocre but at least they tried to penetrate that market.

Maybe,

Halo 5's MP is actually really good, the best the series has had in a while, arguably ever, and forge is unquestionably the best it's been with huge potential for customs...

...but Halo 5 Forge for w10 is also free, and has forge/MP on it, the only caveat being there's no matchmaking or server browser (there will be a browser eventually though), so if you have windows 10, i'd just get that instead of buying the game for xbone

5's single player is trash though

I don't know, who do Sony games have no appeal outside of weebs and artfags? Why has Sony yet to make a single good multiplayer series?

>Game stars the son of marcus

Was this supposed to tell me that i should have had kids by now and this game was made for them to experience gears of war the way i had?

Gears of War 2 was 70% Mexicans, 29% Japs and 1% other.

It hurts knowing we'll never get the samurai Yakuza games. I bought all of them in English and still have a copy of Ishin somewhere around here, never to be played.

> I have never played Warhawk or Starhawk
boi

Mestizos love the fuck out of Gears of War

Mexicans mostly, and a lotta DAKINGXXNIGGAXXBLACKED. Lotta suburban white kids into hip hop as well. Was a lot of fun pooping on people though, even if it became pointless to try and play as the years went on and connections became BIRUD ZA WARR territory.

They tried over and over again. The fact is the Nips are retarded and will find any reason they can to not like anything by westerners. Some of the hilariously retarded complaints they had during the original Xbox include
>X is the letter of death, despite the Playstation having an X on it's controller, but that doesn't count because hurr it's a cross
>Black is the color of death, despite the PS2 being black
>muhcontrollers too big for my little soy estrogen ridden hands
>The startup looks like a nuclear reactor and nukes are bad because the poor innocent gooks were bombed by the evil americans

>Warhawk
>Motion controls in multiplayer
No thanks
>Starhawk
I would have played it if it didn't die because Sony doesn't understand online infrastructure and basic things like not storing peoples credit card numbers in a fucking .txt file.

Gears of War 3 was nothing but fucking spics, which is why the first one is still the best.
God I hate fucking spics.
Not buying gears 4 untill I know Mexico has their own dedicated servers.

> no queen myrrah origin story
DROPPED

It's getting a PC release , W10 only tho.

It's running on the same server system as Titanfall so the wallhuggers should be in their own area.

That was already explained. And it was lame as fuck.

>People actually think they'll kill Dom

Dom dying was pretty foreshadowed man. He basically had no reason to live at that point.

If anyone dies it'll be Cole.

Got it for free thanks to the scam yesterday

>Australia here
Opinion discarded desu

In my experience I still grew shovels into servers with spics all the time. Only way I can avoid it is by picking a US East server.

Are you sure they won't just add in another Carmine to kill?

/r/ "u got gears?" youtube comment pic

It's possible. But the new cog doesn't have that many human soldiers anymore. I'd welcome Clayton back but they better not kill him. Or a female Carmine.

You just know it will be a girl with a name that starts with "D"

Looked like he died in the trailer m8

If Clayton dies it would be great, he finally died like all the rest

>Clay Carmine actually survived 3
>He didn't die so we could get D Carmine
>Duke Carmine
>"It's time to kick ass and save my brothers."
>"And I'm all out of brothers."

Because of that wasted opportunity, I will never buy another Gears game.

>New Zealand here. Xbone outsells PS4s to a hilarious extent here.

PS4 has outsold Xbox globally since launch. In Germany its currently at a 5:1 ratio, that's units sold kek. Cant expect much less from islanders anyway

Anyone know if buying a 1070 on amazon and then cancelling it after you get the code for GoW4 works?

But if anyone was likely to be the step parent it's Anya because she was told she was basically infertile.

still works**

The price difference at launch was only $50NZD (compared to $100 in Burgertown which is roughly $137NZD right now, but it was less in 2013), which is slightly less than the price of a new AAA release. Given that the Xbone offers a shitload more than PS4 in terms of features and library it made sense to pay an extra $50 for it.

>that japanese ad campaign about the qt and the locust who was under her bed

try it and find out

Maybe because DELTA SQUAD IN YO HOUSE BITCH.

Gears is a good stereotypical 80's action throwback imo and I love the first 3. I wish we'd get a Pendulum Wars game but I'm fine with moving forward as long as the gameplay is as good as 3's was.

Say what you will but the gears series (particularly the first in the series) was fantastic when you had friends over that weren't as deep into gaming as you were, the gameplay was satisfying to say the least but absolutely fucking wonderful for entry level plebs just getting into it.

Good times, probably wont get the latest iteration (absolutely not if its on xbox) but theres nothing super wrong with it, I hold it in a better light than the call of duty series.

I can't even remember who this is, who the fuck is it?

nothing to lose by trying. Just make a fresh account with a disposable email address, hit up google for a fake CC/address generator, and order a 1070/80 from amazon (has to be them as the vendor). Use a proxy/tor if you're extra paranoid.

Infamous Second Son

He gave a speech at E3 about how he thought cops never stepped out of line and were helpful to everyone....until he got rekt

I tried and it just auto canceled with no code oh well

There was once a time you would be openly ridiculed for saying you like this series on Cred Forums and we would jokingly say that one day the kids who like it will be old enough to post here and will say it was good and drown out the old posters

What a funny joke it was

some people still got the codes a few minutes later, but I suspect they've plugged the leak by now.

On the promotion it says the code will be delivered when the product is shipped now not sure if they changed that or if it always said that guessing they just fixed the loophole either way though.

No, the human trash at neogaf are the cancer of gaming that need to be stopped. They actively infect the industry with their toxic bullshit.

Of course it looked like it, they want you to buy the goddamn game.

It isn't a serious franchise just FUN.

Also:
>director never stated they want to stray as far away from the original concept as possible.
I hope they don't have Bud Bundy on board, though.

>the 360 was a mistake.
Why, because it gave the PS3 a run for its money? Cry more, sonygger.

Why do you pin an entire console's library into one category? You sound severely stupid.

no

I remember the same about Halo, aka "babbies first FPS." If this board existed earlier, I'm sure we'd see the same things about earlier franchises, maybe Everquest or HL. People age but the nature of the board never changes: old>new, my childhood>your childhood. Gears is now old, a legal poster here could have been 8 years old when it was released. You just have to deal with it or move on.

Getting the ultimate ediiton because I'm autistic and want that old man fenix and sheit.

>Pendulum Wars flashback chapter

The director said they wanted to make Gears 4 go back to the roots of Gears 1-3 first and the first thing they did was rebuild Gears 1 in Unreal 4 (Which was UE with an assist from Splash Damage) then started rebuilding some of the major fights in Gears 2-3 before asking the new staff "How would you improve this?" and worked off a base of understanding the first game's core while bringing in some elements that won't fuck with what make Gears what it is (Mainly Vault Kicking, Yank and shank, The DeeBees attack patterns being more agressive than the swarm or locust and Weather effects).

So when they make Gears 5 and 6 (Because this is a second trilogy) they can start bringing the crazier things the staff brought up after nailing down the original core.

Smarter than 343i going full COD meets Anime, anyway.

Yes I got it for free

Don't spoonfeed anyone how you got it for free.

Not that user but 1 had the perfect atmosphere and 3 has the best gameplay. I really just look at this series as a 80's action flick with horror and sci-fi influences.

Halo went full retard after Reach and I'm done with that franchise except maybe Wars2

I know, I was referring to the direction 343i took Halo 4 in, and how it blew up in their faggot faces.

>fallinh for trailer bait

Explains why Cred Forums os soo easy to trigger

What was it?

Looks good, I bought it but the devs are SJW feminists who have to put their politicial shit into the game but at least their female character looks cute and isn't just a guy with tits

We are in real life
US muhreeens approached Cliff B in order to inquire about the Lancer

Stop making shit up

>pendulum wars

Holy fuck I have to re-read the Gears books now.

Anya only got better looking by the game and Samantha was boss as fug.

Bernadette Mataki was pretty good too.

I love the first Gears but I sort of feel the mechanics it introduced are now played out.

It's just not that special anymore.

I dunno, I think gnasher battles will still be pretty fun.

Is it on Playstation or PC w/o W10? If yes to either, then sure.

>gears of war
>on playstation

Where the fuck were you last gen?

What is with Sonyggers with this game and Crackdown 3?

Every single time I look up a thing for either game, I see "Is this on PS4?" or "Please be on PS4" and when someone corrects them, they just go "Should be on the PS4, would be much better"

Do they not understand console exclusives?

Furiously masturbating to some texture mods in Skyrim, same as usual.

I said PC too though you donut.

Good man

Wait, Crackdown 3 was released? How is it?

Yeah, that would be a reasonable question, but you also asked if a Microsoft game studio game was on playstation, their rival in the consoles.

That's fucking stupid.

nah im a trump supporter so i cant

It hasn't been released yet, but the gameplay videos look great.

Can't wait to test out this cloud based physics, should be interesting. I can finally get my next gen Red Faction and I get a new crackdown.

>only on xbox one or windows 10

Nope. Microsoft just gave me another reason not to support them financially.

It's been a decade already, you should have.

What I'm wondering now is, since obviously theres a Marcus, Cole has made an appearance in the trailer so far, and Dom is dead (but ZombieDom DLC skin amirite)
Where the fuck is Baird?

>looks like bruce jenner

You are gay.

Because Gears is just like Unfarted a cinematic experience

I am only getting it because I got a free code from Nvidia
The PC port is probably going to be trash

Uh huh I'm sure this is more to your liking

Except it's a skillful shooter, unlike 90% of vidya.

Call me when Uncharted has curahzy multiplayer where everyone is on the move wall bouncing.

They should demote your stars user

Yes
indiannoob.in/amazon-com-glitch-allows-get-gears-war-4-free/

PC port looks good though
Has like 30 options in the graphics menu
Gears UE ran well too

>Dee-Bees
>DB
>Daimon Baird

He AI hivemind now fampai. RIP

>gears of war xbox exclusive
>wow who cares, shit dude bro game
>gears of war on pc
>158 replies

Holy shit. pc gamers are literal cucks. They really do pretend they don't want console exclusives when as soon as they get ports, they can't stop talking about that game.

The cucks are Xboners because we're playing their games with superior framerate and graphics and they're okay with it

No, that would clearly be more of the tranny crap you like.

The sad part is they missed Gears 2, which was by far the best gears game. Now the series is just another dull cashgrab but since it's on PC, PC players will call it good.

You know, considering Baird, I wouldn't be surprised if he's designed those new robots.

>poo loos just openly telling readers how to scam a free game

but with a dead online after two days :^)
>b-but horde

Lmao yeah ok kid, enjoy taking hours to find a single match of dodgeball

The underground got flooded.

>brother getting it on Xbox One
>I'm getting it on PC
>going to co-op the campaign together, probably do some Horde too, maybe private versus with bots if it's still in, etc

The change is literally nothing but good for me, why do you fucks always get so bent out of shape by what fucking platform the game is on?

Fuck no.
I love the original trilogy and Judgement, but the new one looks like total garbage. Reminds me of what 343 did with Halo.

>liking Judgement

Way to discard your opinion. It looks exactly the same as previous games, whereas 343 added a bunch of shit and redesigned things for no reason but to make it theirs.

I was playing a little bit of Judgement multiplayer for the first time today. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I mean it's different, yeah, but it's not terrible like everyone says it is.

niggga look like he went full allahu ackbar

What the fuck is going on with this series i thought they wiped all of the locust in 3?

if i buy the ultimate edition on disk, will i get a copy for pc. Or is that only for digital copies?

Checked, but also, Judgement's a good game, is it as good as 1-3? Hell no, not even close. But this looks like total garbage.

I thought nu-metal died in the early 2000s

I can't wait for Marcus to be abducted by the nu-Locust and become the replacement king for his dying mother, the Locust Queen.

>its fun with friends
that a legitimate reason to enjoy a game, sorry you have no friends you fucking google

I'm still friends today with people I met in gears 1 on the 360 so fuck you. I'm still not buying this game but gears 1 and 2 were great at the time they came out.

Say nigger.

I think they'll just say he passed away from heart disease or something like that from unhealthy eating habits. In fact I'll bet on it.

Ohh bacon...

If you're looking for people to play with make sure you join the discord that they opened for gears of war players planning on joining game battles for the pro circuits. They have a player finder on there and the majority can be a pretty cool sort so long as you actually talk to each other as some are in it just to play online with good people

Sure, when it inevitably comes to W7

don't know anything about it except the windows 10/xbox one crossplay

expect the pc players to own with the longrange/bow/snipers. probably even rifle downing.

only hope the controller fags have is with maneuverability and the gnasher, probably buff it to its original glory so they have a small chance

nm, it's only in private matches.

no fun.

>Commando Dom
>Pendulum Wars
>Retro Lancers
>Squads of other GEARS fighting with you.

Fucking Metal.

Tell us, pl0x?

>based Baird
>Got bored since the winning the war.
>Starts making robots the the lulz.
>They imprint on him and acquire his personality.

Oh fuck.

I want it but I'm skint. But I might get it once my neet bux come through. I was supposed to be payed from July so I will have back a shit ton of squids coming my way. Thanks welfare state. Also I know I'm scum but I am depressed and this is the uk so we get money for being retarded. I'll pay you back Elizabeth. Lol

Now they're zombies or some shit.

There weren't enough humans left on Sera to kill ALL the Locust.

Plus I highly doubt the plot device Locus killing machine could literally kill them ALL across the entire planet.

Or the hybrids survived since they have some human DNA in them and then mutated.

I want to know where the robots and cargo planes are coming from.

And isn't there like a 3-4th race of enemies too?

Game looks cash as fuck.

Haha, yeah right.

Clayton and/or Claytons son is going to be in this game.

Also, possibly the fourth Carmine brother.

post pics

Gears got boring after the first hour why on earth would i play the fucking sequels?

Maybe try it if its on pc. Dont have an xbone.

they apparently will require an actual proof of purchase for future keys.

yes OP I will get it because I already got it for free. saves me some money, maybe I'll spend that on skins or something. another MS exclusive?

Wait you get gow4 free with a 1070? i bought a 1070 about a month ago, i dont guess theres any way for me to get a code now?

I don't have an xbone, I like Gears 1 and 2 though. Interested to see Pendulum Wars shit and Old Fenix. Now look at this image, I love this image. Go ahead and save it if you wish.

Everything is fun with friends though.

Why not just get it on PC? You do have a nice PC don't you?

The original xbox was TOO HUEG for Japan so they never took to it.

?

>game has a cheevo poking fun at the drumpf meme for getting 1mil currency in horde or something
>everyone bitching because they cant take a joke

You missed out a fun thread the other day

Probably one of the most monotonous shooters I have ever played. It's weird that I thought it was fun when it came out.

4x4 GoW 1 20 round matches were GOAT STFU

Yes, even when best girl is dead.

Sam isnt confirmed dead though

>Halo at least has some things going for it, but Gears is pure garbage
Hello underage

10/10 webcomic senpai

>"the last one I liked was 2 because it was slower and shotgunfags got reckt by my lancer"

That's 3. Lancers were shit in 2. Also, the online meta revolves around the shotgun. Plus 2 was slower than molasses going up a hill so unless you're an 80 year old man with a degenerative brain disease, I don't see how you can like that at all.

I'd rather have the era of brown and grey shooters back than the one we're in right now

She better not be

I'm no doctor but I don't think a vagina is supposed to be there.

I'm not entirely sure that you understand the female anatomy.

Just like gears of war ultimate edition did right?

Oh wait.