Release window is "Fall 2016"

>Release window is "Fall 2016"
>Still no release date
>Barely any footage shown

This had better not suck. Every asymmetrical multiplayer game ends up being bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/381210
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> asymmetrical multiplayer
You mean one guy plays Jason and the others run away from him? That sounds cool actually

Yeah, but they've barely shown anything which makes me very skeptical. I really like asymmetrical games but they always turn out bad or get ruined by incompetent balancing.

Sounds cool. But then all the people running from jason will be on voice chat, making the killers job impossible unless he has some sort of map control.

Just play dead by daylight, it's pretty the same game.

The Friday the 13th series is a guilty pleasure of mine, so I'm pretty excited for it.

I made a thread about the game a couple days ago wanting to talk about it, but a bunch of faggots kept shouting and calling me a shill. I guess you can't talk about games on Cred Forums anymore.

Dead by Daylight was ruined by the devs pandering really hard to Twitch streamers and survivor mains. The survivors are the predators in that game, not the killer.

> all the people running from jason will be on voice chat,
They could make it so voice chat is only active within a certain distance from each other

Sure, then they'll just load up a 3rd party voice chat.

They'd just be using third party software.

It's definitely going to suck, it's just another Dead By Daylight and will be 'dead' within a month.

Disable premades then?

Dead by Daylight, while shit, is still alive and strong, though that's probably because it has no competition.

God know

I'm actually looking forward to Jason teleporting behind people and unsheating his katana after everything those stupid frogs did to the killers in DBD.

DBD has turned from a game where survivors have to fear the killers, to a game where killers fear the survivors.

You just lost a large amount of players.

And people will quit early if they're losing.

steamcharts.com/app/381210

I guess that's..alive...idk.

If I have to wait more than 3 seconds to be in another match (not counting load times) and if there aren't new people each time, to me it's dead.

It's Jason, though, he was always able to teleport and zip around any time he wasn't visible.

>DBD has turned from a game where survivors have to fear the killers
Survivors never had to fear the killers. It was even worse at launch. They made it a little better, and then just when it looked like they might balance the game properly they curved back into making survivors overpowered.

>who actually cares, the game

For a game this niche, that's alive and very strong. Hell, that's far more players than Evolve.

It's issues are that the devs are completely incompetent and can't code for shit.

Matchmaking is awful.
Multiplayer is P2P.
The player base ratio is 4:1, with the 1 being incredibly important to the game's life span.

And the devs have done everything in their power to make playing as the 1 even less appealing with every single patch. They based their decisions off steam whining and "stats" with no context. They keep buffing the survivors because their stats tells them they're underpowered but they never bother to actually test their implementations.

There's a new system they added that's suppose to stop "infinites" (an area where the survivors can loop around indefinitely without fear of getting caught).

Problem is that their solution doesn't block any of the actual fucking trouble spots because it's always been a level design issue, not a mechanic issue.

Fuck the french.

They only thing I ever thought needed fixing was that Wraith bullshit where they could hook you and spam bell and just rake in the points. It's all they ever did. Did they fix that?

Yeah. That was the least of the issues and was fixed within a week.

jason can teleport in the game you know

If you seriously think this is going to end up in any way good, you are a fucking idiot.

It wont matter. If the people have an objective, one will keep him busy as the others do the thing.

That's simply not true. I've been playing the game since beta and there was plenty to fear. Especially since a majority of people didn't cheat to get the meme trinity right away. The grinding was heavy and the playerbase was new.

Yeah, infinites existed and they were pretty fucking annoying, but rarely did you encounter survivors that were actually good at it. Not to mention that the trapper neutralized a majority of them.

It was a month and 15 days later that the game turned to shit. That was the same day that SWF was introduced and several Killer Perks were nerfed to the ground.

I don't think people will be doing that for such a throwaway gimmick game

You don't think people will use the same third party software they use for everything?

Discord makes it easy as fuck. It's practically a non-issue.

I've never played DBD, but it looked pretty cool on beta gameplay videos. Can you explain what did the devs do exactly to fuck it up?

I'm watching the entire friday series with friends, we just finished part six which has been our second favorite so far. 5 being the worst.

This game almost sells itself, they just need to get a few key things down and it will be a blast to play

The beta was fine outside of the toolbox which was in limited supply during the beta. The beta didn't have any overpowered perks and the only killer in the beta could counter the infinite window hop loop areas.

But 5 has best girl.

Pander to survivors whining on the steam forums about killers being too OP.

If the killers had a clear advantage or something they could use to help them get guaranteed kills, the survivors would whine until it was removed or nerfed to the ground.

Here's an example. Before the killer perks rebalancing, there was a perks almost every killer used. NOED

Upon the final generator being activated, the Killer would gain enhanced speed and the ability to one shot any of the survivors still hanging around the arena. This made escape an urgent mission for survivors. Open the gate, and get the fuck out.

There were a few greedy survivors that hated this. They didn't want to leave yet. They wanted to farm bold points or activate the remaining generators before leaving. So they complained about it on the forums.

NOED still exist, but now in a far neutered form. The one shot and enhanced speed now only last for a little over 2 minutes. After that 2 minute period is done, the killer resumes to his normal state. All a survivor would have to do is hide for 2 minutes and then resume to being a piece of shit and teabag the killer safely behind an infinite or the border of the exit.

What was once a fearsome perk is now a useless one because it's only activate for 2 minutes of the game, and even then it's only around for the end of the game.

There is no way this game is coming out in fall. The alpha was only just publicly revealed about a month ago.

Best girl def was either the part 2 slutty girl or the slut twins in part 4...oh and the part 3 main chick was good too

Well, shit. Another very promising game ruined by devs caving in to - in this case - whiny 12 year olds. That's why I don't get hyped about vidya anymore. It hurts less this way.

Has there ever been a balanced asymmetrical pvp game? I havent played many so just wondering.

for a 4v1 game that's actually very active

Nope.

uhhh bro there is tons of footage wtf are you on about? even all their alpha to prealpha stuff they post and show all the time?

Yeah, I like it. It's a fun franchise. Will probably watch it and the first hellraiser on halloween. I wish I could find good halloween streams. Cozy up with some Are you Afraid of the Dark. I hope the game is good. I'm expecting a left 4 dead type game with a few objectives for killing Jason before the player using him rapes your faces.

if only this game had shills, sadly it doesnt. big Firday the 13th and horror fan in general here hoping if this sells we can get more horror related games. Most devs are not allowed to make these titles since they are offensive to the parents of children much like the original movies which are illegal to make today due to US guidelines protecting children.

the team that made this started production immediately after they were fired by CIG as a subcontractor on Star Citizen because they had held the entire project back with their half assed work for a good six months to a year.

evolve was dead before it even launched because only suckers bought it who were too dumb to know it was just a ripoff like all the real gamers did.

Every thread.

You're just like Jason Voorhees spamming every thread to do your Daily Rit-

Oh wait. He's dead.

You're an impatient little person.In all honesty, it's the coding of the game that makes match making take forever not the player base.

What?
If this were any game but Star Citizen I'd be inclined to believe it.

t.Murf

The last game Illfonic made before Star Citizen was Sonic Boom and Neir II around the same time. Both of them were shit. They're fucking awful.

This better be an Alien Isolation clone

Welp. I guess it is fucked. What the hell is Neir II?

But there was an entire music video.

It's literally the same concept as Evolve.

Pretty sure lirik played it on his stream raw

Minus the whole gay ass fucking evolution stage

I meant Nexuiz either way a piece of shit. Neir II is coming out for PS4 though, but I didn't like the first one so there's that.

That would actually be better. I would like to see a game like this that forces the survivors to perform different tasks and work together to beat Jason. I wish Illfonic would put out more info.

>asymmetrical multiplayer
dead in one week

they're still trying to push this franchise? isn't there like 10 friday 13th movies? where have all the original idea creators gone?

so many questions.. so little time.

HALLOWEEN > FRIDAY 13TH >>>>>>> NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

GO GO MR. TOAD!

Dead by Daylight does this as well

pepe!

look it up if you don't believe me. they were contracted to make Star Marine, the first person shooter aspect of SC. their contract ended some time last year with no game to show for it, and Star Marine is only expected to release a few months from now, after being rebuilt from the ground up.

GO GO MR TOAD!

That's what happens when you use illfonic. I guess Chris Roberts just didn't get the message.

Halloween should've ended with H2O.
Friday the 13th will always be fun simply because Jason X exists.
Nightmare on Elm Street shit the bed with Dream Warriors or whatever it was called.

Dream Warriors wasn't bad. It seemed like they didn't know what they wanted Freddy to be. They didn't know what kind of a monster they wanted him to be so they deus ex machina'd his abilities for each of the movies.

Jason X is my favorite! that and manhattan.... if only it they were still allowed to make these movies but their all banned in my state since they are proven to inspire school shootings if a child sees them.