Why does this frail piece of shit Cred Forums can't stop jerking off over not work natively with Windows...

Why does this frail piece of shit Cred Forums can't stop jerking off over not work natively with Windows? Why do I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to make it work? Why is Sony so autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/24/microsoft-patents-new-xbox-controller-iconography/
ds4windows.com/
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
inputmapper.com/21-windows-10-anniversary-update-why-things-broke
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you mean? just download a xbox controller emulator, i have inputmapper and it works great.

just download DS4 you dimwit

I shouldn't have to. That shit is annoying. The only configuring required should be pairing it via bluetooth or plugging it into an USB slot.

>i'm lazy everyone needs to spoonfeed me

This. Fuck you OP

>spend all of 4 seconds to download ds4
>it now instantly magically works

stop bitching and do the minimum amount of work necessary you useless fuck

It takes you literally less than 5 minutes to download one of those, then you can connect it by usb and wifi with it.

Come on man.

It doesn't come with Xinput as standard which 99% of PC games use for button layout. They've done this since the DualShock 3 (which couldn't even work natively itself, DS4 has the courtesy to use Dinput).

I just use SCP Toolkit, turn on the controller and it thinks it's Xinput natively. There are other (better) programs too. Pretty simple stuff senpai.

Don't worry I'll help, baby gotta eat

Sony is the lazy one here. Every cheap shit controller can plug and play with Windows nowadays no strings attached. I'm just about to say fuck this and order an Xbone controller for my PC. At least that thing has official Windows support.

>can't be used for PC games without pajeetware
>implying this is OK

Then do it and stop bitching about it, if you cant spend a minute of your life downloading a program you might as well buy it, your loss, the Dualshock 4 is comfy as fuck.

get some decent settings with my pajeetware tho ;)

Ask Microsoft why they're not supporting their competitor's controller in their OS. I think you'll find it makes quite a bit of sense.

>if you cant spend a minute of your life downloading a program

You Sonyfags are dumb. I can, I just don't want to. These poorly manufactured chinkshit controllers work with every PS4, so they should do the same on PC. Fuck the middle man. Of every single controller on the market, this is expected, but this piece of shit is supposed to be an exception why exactly?

Sony is completely awful, and you stupid fucks shield them from criticism to boot. That's ludicrous.

Look at how shit that controller is, good for nothing.

>autistically spergs out while calling something else autistic

Microsoft is supposed to supply a driver for a Sony device now? No, it makes sense that Microsoft has nothing to do with this. It was a conscious choice of Sony to flip off everyone who wants to use this thing on PC.

>SONYFAGS REEEE

What the fuck, we are talking about using the controller on PC not on PS4, and i told you to buy the xbox controller, i just said that the DS4 is comfy.

>owning anything other than 1337 xbox controller or at the very least standard xbox one controller

You do this to yourself

I know, I just wanted it for d-pad intensive games. Guess I'll just get one of those Hori pads, then. They work natively on both PS4 and PC, I hear. Everyone manages to be better than Sony nowadays.

>Making drives for an OS made by the competitor
>Sony doesn't have an OS of their own
>Sony just hate PCs

Man what is your trip today user

As I clearly fucking explained in the DS4 uses Dinput. That's the "issue" you are having. It'll work natively with some programs, mostly emulators or dev specific stuff, but if you want it to work like an Xinput controller use a program like the few listed in this thread.

It's really. Not. Hard. Are you having a bad day? Do you need a hug?

I'm not defending Sony, this just *is what it is*.

You expect Sony to supply a driver for Microsoft OS now?

>Why doesn't Sony spend money to make a driver for their controller on a competitor's OS wtf!???

>third party chink shit
Have fun with that

Your argument would make sense if I demanded the DS4 to work on the Xbox. That's not what I'm doing.
Yes. Sony claimed this thing would work natively on PC, and for that, it needs a Windows driver.

it works for me for some games without any programs.
if it doesn't i just use DS4Windows.
stop being a lazy fuck

I'm pretty sure native support is coming isn't it? because of PSNow

Third party chink shit with Windows drivers, mind you.

>Yes. Sony claimed this thing would work natively on PC

IT DOES
IT USES DINPUT
YOU STUPID
FUCKING
NIIIIGGGGGEEEEEERRRR

PC=/=Windows

Playstation competes with Xbox, not Windows. Sony used to ship their own computers with Windows included, you dense fanboy fuck.

> Being convoluted means it's good
I want liberals to leave

You are so fucking stupid OP.

This isn't the 90s. Xinput is the established standard. Fucking Mayflash for Wii adapters can do it.

Given that consoles are just prebuilt PCs now, yes, Sony does compete with Windows

And I'm also correct. There is no reason why I should need some freetard shit to use a DS4 on PC.

I have a controller from 2007 that uses dinput. dinput was the standard until Xbox3shitty became popular

>Every cheap shit controller can plug and play with Windows
but it does plug and play with windows
it just doesn't support xinput which most games use

Sony competes with Microsoft in videogames, they work with them in other areas where they are the best (only) option.
Controller=videogames

>Dense Fanboy Fuck
Is this your argument?
Businesses don't spend money on something that won't make them money, give them one good reason to make a driver for a competitor's OS, especially when 2 already exist.
This isn't exclusive to Sony
>HURR WHY ARENT XBOX CONTROLLERS COMPATIBLE WITH PS4

Im glad you didnt deny you were a retard.

>it just doesn't support xinput

I know.
But why not?
Why the fuck not?
The only answer is autism.

>There is no reason why I should need some freetard shit to use a DS4 on PC
Yes there is.
Sony is a company and they don't waste their money on meaningless shit that won't turn a profit, just so that 1 out of a million people don't shit their pants at having to install something.

Sony would make money selling DS4s to PC gamers, you twat.

Xinput was made specifically for xbox 360 controllers

Don't worry, OP. They're releasing a $25 adapter for retards who don't know how to set up their controllers.

Yes, as they do right now.

There are hundreds of Xinput-compliant 3rd party controllers.

PC gamers are all westecucks who own 360s. They'll get no money for a Japanese controller there.

But you can link it via bluetooth
Granted im on windows 10

Actually XInput requires manufacturers to use the ABXY format to use it in their devices, so even if Sony wanted to they wouldn't be allowed.

Yes, because they ape the 360 controller. They even use YXAB buttons. But DS4 was not made to ape the 360 controller, it was made for PS4

Nobody buys a DS4 to play PC games as the Xbox 360, Xbone, and nearly all 3rd party controllers are better suited for it.

See? Autism.

Disregard this post. Looks like that USB adapter has even less functionality than a fucking bluetooth dongle and Sony is shit.

360 and Xbone controllers don't have the layout a lot of people like to use and there are 0 Xinput 3rd party controllers better than the DS4.

The issue is that XInput doesn't support the sixaxis or the touchpad

>there are 0 Xinput 3rd party controllers better than the DS4

All of them are, because they don't require you to do a bunch of shit before they do what they're supposed to do.

You want Sony to start paying MS to use their ABXY layout on their PS4 controllers just so that they can pay them even more to get their controllers XInput compliant on windows?
Just so you don't have to install a program to use it on games that are shit enough to not support DirectInput?
Is this real?

>the sixaxis or the touchpad

That still doesn't make you right though. Saying Sony lied about it not working natively on PC is wrong when it uses dinput.

It uses a standard, just not the one you don't want. I don't know how this is so beyond you to grasp.

>You want Sony to accept common standards instead of pursuing their special snowflake autistic attitude

Absolutely, yes.

They could just disable those.
Again, XInput requires ABXY, which is copyrighted by MS, Sony would have to change their button layout on their console and pay MS for the privilege, just to be allowed to pay them again to use XInput on Windows.

>PC gamers are all westecucks who own 360s
>PC gamers
>who own 360s
wew

You don't know what a standard is.

Everything about this post is wrong. Microsoft didn't patent a bunch of letters, you autismal retard.

>why thing doesnt work
>download program to make it work
>i dont want to, why thing doesnt work!

Gotta say, you are making my night into a fine one OP, thanks.

>Microsoft didn't patent a bunch of letters
Yes, they did, just like Sony has a patent on a bunch of shapes.
MS even had to invert the letters to ABXY because Nintendo has a patent on their button layout, BAYX.

>thing doesn't work
>autistic fanboy: thing is best thing out of all similar things! better than xthing for sure.
>rational person: no actually it doesn't even work natively with this very common platform
>autistic rage ensues

It's almost noon, you idiot.

I know Windows is a much bigger deal than the PS4.

And you just keep making it better, thanks.

Yes, it is.
Xinput is not.

THIS IS NOW AN UMARU THREAD

Being able to patent these things should not be allowed

But they did. What the fuck are YOU going to do about it?

Xinput was a blessing ever since it got established. It made using controllers on PC as easy and natural as it is on consoles. And it would be pretty nice if Sony didn't take a big fat shit right over it and made things worse for everyone in the process.

Welcome to PCs, enjoy your stay, must things including games, hardware, and drivers need community patches/fixes/mods in order to achieve a better experience.

Post images like this

Bullshit. Any other controller, you plug it in and use it no sweat. No configuration required. You can configure it if you want, but you don't need to. The wonders of modern platforms. The only exceptions are DS4 and Steam controller, and the latter is from a company even more autistic than Sony.

Why was dinput worse than xinput?

>Why does this frail piece of shit Cred Forums can't stop jerking off over not work natively with Windows?
It does, Windows instantly recognises it as a directinput device and loads a generic controller driver for it, all button inputs bar the touch pad and both joysticks work perfectly out of the box without any calibration.

The trouble is that most games only support Microsoft's xinput, so controller emulation is necessary for 100% compatibility because PC devs are lazy and incompetent.

It was a loose standard, and thus self-contradictory.

This isn't true. I have a logitech controller from 2006. You plug it in and it doesn't work for most games until you install x360ce which emulates xinput for it. This is the fault of PC games for not supporting dinput anymore because they want to easily port 360/Xbone games with no additional work so they use xinput

That's a shitty controller design. Dinput didn't make the design shit.

>It's not Microsoft's fault for monopolizing input drivers with something that demands you use their patents to be allowed to use, it's Sony's fault for not paying god knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars just so that babies like me wouldn't have to install 1 program to get the best controller on the market to work with the 10 games in the world that you would want to play on a joypad that also do not support Dinput
You're pretty astounding.

Xinput is utterly superior to Directinput, you imbeciles.

Because manufacturers actually had options, which meant that all the consumers had to spend less than 1 minute binding buttons, that was just too much.

Why?

>the best controller on the market
>doesn't work natively with 90% of modern PC games even though every 3rd party chinkshit does

a u t i s m

The point is that any company could make any controller with any layout however they wanted and it forced devs to just assign button mapping to numbers and hope for the best (sucked for example when you couldn't change said buttons in game)

Blame the patent system for this autism. The legal system really is one big mess of autism congealed. Most of it outside criminal law should be scrapped

>Doesn't even support Wheel Force Feedback

is this the first day on a PC for you?

Maybe manufacturers should've just aped the PS2 or 360 controller and made the defaults all map exactly the same. Rather than just going to xinput. Logitech was already going that route before xinput came into force

Yes, the controller is superior enough that I am willing to overlook having to install 1 program to make it compatible with the 1% of PC games that don't support DInput.
Crazy, isn't it?

>Plug in Xbox controller to PC and it works automatically
>Have to download malware to use PS4 controller on PC

>ps controller better than xbox controller

Anyone who has that opinion is memeing

You're wrong on one thing: there are now mountains of xinput exclusive games due to indieshits taking the easy way out

HMM

GEE

I WONDER WHY MICROSOFT MADE XINPUT A STANDARD ON THEIR PLATFORM THEN

BECAUSE MANUFACTURERS DID WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANTED

Consumers should've refused to buy from manufacturers who did anything but copy PS2 controllers. yet they still bought the shitty controllers.

Directinput
>doesn't support analog triggers
>doesn't support rumble

Glaring flaws. The only way to circumvent this problem with the DS4 on PC is, you guessed it, trick it into emulating an Xbox 360 controller via 3rd party software as pointed out in the OP (DS4Windows, for example). If all it does is turn the DS4 into an Xbox 360 controller anyway, why can't Sony come up with a way to do it, that installs itself as soon as you connect a DS4 to PC? I'm sure they could work out something with Microsoft. They just don't want to, which is kind of a dick move.

>xbox 360 controller
>works as well as the day I got it 10 years ago

>ps4 controller
>rubber has worn off the sticks, left stick stops working properly unless you blow into it and click it about 50 times in each direction

wow

but if you're on PC and using win10, you're already running malware anyway! may as well go all in on it and at least use the best controller while microshaft laugh at your search history.

>it's sony's fault that lazy ass developers release games that only support xinput

You think all exes are malware right? Are you a Windows Store kid?

And they are still only 1% of all PC games.
And you still only need 1 minute of your time to install 1 thing to make it compatible with all of them.
If that's too much for you, please return the DS4 and buy a worse controller, I'll be here enjoying my better one.

Not that guy but you're a literal autist. You're also wrong about it being "superior"

>the best controller

Pic related
worked natively on PC from day 1

I don't think you were around back then. 90's and early 2000's those were the only choices you had.

Is it starting to click yet? Are we going to make it through this champ?

OP has now spent 1000% of the time it would have taken him to just download the damn thing whining on the internet.

Are you kidding? Indieshits have flooded the market. They're like over 80% of games on PC now.

And I'm not the OP. I'm just pointing out there are TONS of xinput games now

refer to Xinput is the only choice, and it's good that way.

see

I have a Dinput PS2 clone controller, so no, those were not the only choices

>doesn't support analog triggers
>doesn't support rumble
It supports both.

>I'm sure they could work out something with Microsoft
That "something" is using Microsoft's Patented button layout on their console, there is no way around this as a business, if they tried a workaround method they would be sued.

What year and model

>Using rumble
>Ever
Enjoy your destroyed finger nerve fibers, kid

>that dpad
>best
ew

>They're like over 80% of games on PC now
Even if you're not the OP, you're just as stupid.

>Why does a piece of sony hardware not work on a microsoft operating system

So it's the retard hour tonight, then?

dinput does support analog triggers you fucking idiot

>That "something" is using Microsoft's Patented button layout on their console,

Bullshit. That's not true. They could still use any button layout they wanted.

>the best controller
>with that dpad
>mfw pressing right and i get up left

the dpad on the 360 pad literally does not work properly, its so badly designed and near impossible to get the direction you want out of it.

No it doesn't.

>I don't know how Xinput hardware certification works!
Well now you do, if you don't have ABXY you don't get Xinput certified.

Why do you feel the need to shield Sony with lies, user?

>Sonygger infested board full of Sonyggers Sonygging about their controller.

Wow, big surprise!

Logitech dual action from around 2005

>all this talk about native support
>literally only 1 comment about how shit the controller actually is
it's a fucking glass football, it's triggers break so fast especially the R2 trigger since it's widely used in all games. It's analog sticks are awful, they wear out and the rubber residue goes under the sticks and makes it less responsive. Also the stupid light makes the battery life shit.

Save your money and buy a 360 controller

What about if Sony made their own propriety controller drivers so that they could work on PC or are Microsoft never going to allow that since they want a monopoly on controllers on pc?

Okay then, here you go.

Do you understand how indieshit works? There are like 900k indieshit games on the market since they started coming out left right and center daily. AA and AAA take a lot more time to make so they can't be shit out nearly as fast

igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/24/microsoft-patents-new-xbox-controller-iconography/

It's been a thing for a while now unless you want to ignore reality

How auttistic do you need to be to not see that triangle = Y, Circle = A, Cross = B and Square = X
Do you need to hang a guide on the wall?

Reminder that the Sony Layout should be the standard because they have the most popular consoles instead of whatever the fuck Xbox has with its A's and B's like a retard.

Did they fix the dpad on xbone? It looks better than 360 but I'm not sold 100%

dpad is stiff as fuck, shoulder buttons are to high and the top ones are even stiffer than the dpad.
Joystick are small as fuck and the rough rubber on the sides starts to hurt your hands if you play for ages.

Then your reading comprehension sucks.

90's and early 2000's. 2005 is cutting it pretty thin considering the 360 controller was not too far off from that point to patent Xinput either. There was obviously a demand and MS filled it.

It's usable, but very clicky. Perfect for menus, I wouldn't want to play a 2D game with it. Which is why I looked into the DS4 to begin with, but lack of native Xinput is a dealbreaker for me as well.

Yes.
It does.
Many games do not support DInput analog triggers, but DInput itself supports infinite number of analog Axis'.
The G25 and G27's Accel, Brake, and Clutch pedals are all analog Axis' identical to analog triggers.

Why are you telling me this? Tell Microsoft, they're the ones who demand ABXY for Xinput compliance, I'm just telling you what their requirements are.

They should've let the market correct itself as it was in 2005

Because an xbox 360 controller does it flawlessly and is a better controller and costs like $30

And do you not understand that a few thousand Indieshit games in the past few years is still 1% in the sea of PC games that all came out before Xinput even existed?

Why are you calling him autistic for something MS mandated? MS is autistic for demanding the buttons be XyAb

>Tell Microsoft, they're the ones who demand ABXY for Xinput compliance,

Again with this shit. You made that up. Manufacturers can print funny faces on their buttons and still make Xinput-compliant drivers.

>neo-Cred Forums falls for bait this obvious

the one with the loose analog sticks and stiff shoulder buttons? its a cheap piece of shit. so cheap that there's this entire thread of shitposting about getting their direct rival's pad to work on the pc to avoid using it.
unless.... op only started this thread to shit on sony.... m-masaka.....

I have Windows 10 so all I have to do is turn bluetooth on in settings and DS4 syncs to my PC.

>900k
>A few thousand
You overestimate how many PC games were made around 1980-2006

>and is a better controller

Too big
>inb4 manlet hands xDDDD
Shit stick layout
>How the fuck am i supposed to hold that

and garbage d-pad.

>oh god I am not good with computer hurrrrrrr
>131 replies and 28 images omitted. Click here to view.
what a quality posting

I like how a month in it's guaranteed one of the trigger buttons will start squeaking away. Really awesome with my open air headphones so I can't just ignore it either. Three of those controllers I bought in a row did the same thing, great build quality there.

Actually, fuckhead, the wireless version did not. You had to buy a special adapter.

>Why are you telling me this? Tell Microsoft, they're the ones who demand ABXY for Xinput compliance, I'm just telling you what their requirements are.
No, some DS4 drives run through xinput, if you press Square on the DS4 the machine reads it as X, you don't need the damn letters.

>Sonyfags being whiners

Who would have thought

Ive never had a problem with this until i tried playing games like super mario world with the fucking dpad to control the characters movement, then yeah its a bit subpar in cases like that

what is wrong with you people, what garbage weebshit games are you playing that requires constant and impeccable dpad usage

I think you might be retarded.
Microsoft will not allow a controller to be sold that has native xinput support if it doesn't have the abxy buttons. It doesn't matter that you can use a wrapper to fool xinput into accepting a DS4. That's irrelevant

>fuckhead

Scathing.

Pic related. And unlike the Xbox adapter, this piece of shit will only work with PSNow.

ive used mine for years and only one of them started squeaking and its a joystick not a trigger

god damn sonyfags are autistic

The one I had was damaged so that when I tried to move from top left, to middle to top right with the joystick the character would stop moving.
Joystick was fucked then I had to replace it to get one that squeaked like fucking mad when I used the joystick to then get another that squeaked when I used the triggers.
Fucking shoddy as fuck, so I just got a cheap ass ds3 and used that.

>lying on the internet to shield a company that doesn't give a fuck about you

You know i am pretty sure Sony can get away with this because the PS4 controller is supposed to work only with PS4 flawless but the Xbox one controller is literally from the same MUH windows family so its should work day one without any problems you retard.

You can say it all you want, it's still wrong.
Every single Xinput certified device has ABXY, because it's required, companies that want to pinch pennies like Logitech pay Microsoft money to use their patented layout, because it's required to use XInput.

I don't think you understand what we're talking about, fan drivers that interpret DInput signals into Xinput do not require certification, hardware does, certification of hardware requires ABXY, if Sony made their own driver for their controller, they would be bypassing Microsoft's required Hardware certification and could be sued, however the fan driver is simply an end user making their own device compatible, which MS allows.
This really isn't that complicated.

i have ps3 controllers with even worse joysticks than anything ive ever seen on xbox controllers, and i primarily played on xbox

>Americuck accepting broken, half assed shit and saying its fine

The DS4 comes with a charger cable that guess what. Works natively with DS4Windows

THe latest version of the Xbone controller (the one that ships with the Xbone S) is Bluetooth compliant. You have no argument.

>sonyfags whiners
>op is by an entitled lazy pcuck who can't comprehend having to download something that isn't from the Windows 10 Store Powered by Dewritos to make the pad he (presumably) owns and paid for, work

sure, sony fans love whining

its so beautiful

A dualshock 4 isn't some obscure fucking space technology, it's a mass-market console controller.

There is zero excuse for it not being plug-and-play with every modern operating system.

Playstation has always had the worst controllers.

Only the N64 controller and Dreamcast controller are worse: N64 had an extremely high control stick fail rate and Dreamcast wasn't ergonomic.

I'm German, you literal shitskin.

>owns ps4 controller

>isnt a sonyfag

I'm all for shitting on Sony but you are the blame here.

>I DONT WANNA WASTE MUH PRECIOUS TIME DOWNLOADING SHIT

>SO I'LL WASTE MUH PRECIOUS TIME ON Cred Forums TELLING PEOPLE I DONT LIKE DOWNLOADING SHIT

You say that but the original xbox controller was literally a brick with buttons.

It is. Any OS that can use dinput works with a DS4

>it's a mass-market console controller.
>Console

Got it right i see.

Also why would they care. Developers don't even give enough fuck to put Playstation buttons layouts in their game

Oh good, after 11 fucking years of requiring a unique overpriced adapter, I can finally connect to Bluetooth which the DS3 and DS4 have both been able to do since day 1, but only if I buy another new Xbox controller.
Microsoft saves the fucking day again!

My DS4 works just fine with the shitty korean BT adapter I already owned.

That thing would have been nice if it had included a driver giving us seamless xinput support, but since I didn't need it, I also didn't care.

That shitty malware designed by Pajeet only tricks the DS4 into emulating an Xbox 360 controller. That's the kind of pathetic shit you're forced to do when trusting Sony.

Fuck that, I just ordered an Xbone controller and a Hori Fighting Commander for 2D games. The DS4 is sub-par to begin with, no excuse for this shit.

I never said op's behavior made any sense

>Literally the must cucked country on the planet calling me out
Holy shit user you poor bastard, I'm not even mad, I just feel really fucking sad for you now.

It is plug and play with the OS.

And of course, after you've already gotten one of the shitty overpriced adapters anyway.

Haha yeah Bro why don't Sony just include a Microsoft 360 driver with their pad? It makes totally sense!

P. S. End yourself, it has native directinput, if you're mad about it not being a 360 pad, blame it on msoft and xinput

It's only logical that the best of all countries attracts the most migrants, son. There's a reason they're not coming to China or whatever other pathetic shithole you're forced to live in.

True. Devs make the choice to not support the Dinput, or the DS4 in windows games.

Speaking of shitty overpriced adapters...

so if you were going to order it anyway then why even make this thread?

Now you wasted you TIME AND MONEY

You stupid double nigger.

And it still managed to be more ergonomic than Dreamcast and smoother in my hand than the cramped callous-fest that is most dualshocks.

Nah, fuck that, I just used my DS3 back then and I'm using my DS4 now.
If MS thinks I'm buying a 4th new Xbox controller for this they're kidding themselves.

To see opinions. Some "true OP, I like my DS4 but that is pretty shit" would have prevented MS from getting another sale.

>Worthless adapter that nobody needs or should ever buy over a standard bluetooth adapter
vs
>Required adapter, product is unusable on PC without it

I think I'm fine.

You're a fucking idiot. I hope you're fishing for (you)s and aren't naturally this fucking dumb

Dreamcast had that big bit in the middle for putting in the cards or whatever the fuck you put in there.
The xbox was literally a giant waste of space with the logo on it.
Worst controller though is wiiu because its just a fucking screen with some buttons on it.

>why even make this thread?

We all know the answer to that question - to shitpost about sony

I literally got my first DS4 on Friday. I almost never use a controller and have been dealing with a shitty Rock Candy 360 controller for awhile, but it's analog sticks were just fucked and getting worse.

So, I started reading up on what the best controllers on the market were to use with my rare foray into driving games with shitty controls and all the goddamn Arkham style brawlers.

DS4 seems to have won out time after time. I wasn't real happy with the 3rd party software, but when I realized I also got wireless out of the box, I figured I try it. I could always return it to Amazon and get a Xbone controller if I didn't like it.

Oh no if only I had agreed with your nonsensical logic I would have prevented Microsoft from making a tiny bit of money, probably 1/100th of the money I have personally given to them in my lifetime, at that.
Woe is me.

>Why is Sony so autistic?
You're funny. Microcucks will always microcuck.

Same I used to use DS4Windows but I got sick of it constantly stopping (when wired) giving bullshit messages of >4ms. Have had no issues with inputmapper.

>Worst controller though is wiiu because its just a fucking screen with some buttons on it.

So? It still feels great to play on, and I've spent hours on the Wii-U. If we're gonna rank this gen's controllers I would probably rank Xbone > Wii-U > PS4 but the Xbone controller has the gigantic flaw of using AA batteries in the current year which I despise.

Use the steam controller, user.

>I got this to work for a few days
>Then I just kept getting Error 43 for no reason
>Now it won't work at all
Can someone explain how to fix this shit

>valid criticism is shitposting

-Sonygger

Your autism, maybe.

Just think op, you could have spent the time you've wasted on this thread on getting it to work. Unless you're fishing for a guide because you're too dumb to do it alone

There is literally nothing Sony can do about developers not supporting dinput in their games

well, you can just keep waiting to play PC games on a DS4 (which you don't seem to like anyway, besides the fact it isn't natively supported by win) because Sony has announced they'll eventually add the support with some wireless dongle

The only reason why I wanted to use the DS4 on PC is the d-pad. The Steam controller doesn't even have one. But it's no matter, this thread made me so mad that I went 3rd party. Hope this thing is good.

I did. As soon as the ds4 was avaliable I bought one for my PC. What now cockfag

a valid criticism that can be solved in literal seconds, and not the fault of sony or the pad itself but developers and lazy pcucks like the op

Sony could make Xinput drivers

>can be solved in literal seconds

With a shitty homemade plastered hinge solution that I reject so hard that I'd rather buy a different controller altogether.

In fact, I just did.

Lmao why are you even PC gaming if you want it easy mode? Shit son just get a console baka

They can't unless they make their controller compliant with microsoft's regulations.
And I don't see Sony trading in the iconic buttons for an ABXY format

InputMapper allows me to change my controls on the controller it self, instead of in-game, so that's a plus that native support might not have.

That dongle is only for PSNow, which will already work with DS4's connected to regular, cheaper bluetooth adapters or USB.

The Hori Fighting Commander posted a few posts up has the Sony symbols, but supports XInput. Please stop with this shit, its embarrasing.

>They can't
Yes they can.
We've been over this, they don't need to make an ABXY Dualshock 4 in order to make Xinput drivers, where the hell did you get that from?

>hori fighting commander
Enjoy it, they don't support XInput just like the DS4, so you'll still need to install shit to use it on XInput-only games.

Why not get an Xbox controller you dumb cuck?

It does have Xinput, Sonydrony.

Incorrect, it has a workaround driver that you still have to manually install.

Is the Hori Fighting Commander sold in the US? Or is it import only?

That doesn't disqualify it from being Xinput-compliant. This is literally the thing I want Sony to make. I just don't want to use some fanmade 3rd party shit, I want official support, is that so hard to grasp?

Its on Amazon, make sure you buy the one that looks like the one in the images in this thread (symmetrical), NOT the one asymmetrical one with the weird bulbous horn thing on the left, I don't think that one does support XInput.

>download ds4windows.com/
>install
>run
>controller now magically works

Wooooww, now was that so hard?

Ask to K$ to produce a driver. Sony has not to do that.

That isn't why I asked. Because it isn't sold in the US, I doubt it has to meet the same regulations as something sold here.

If anyone is actually struggling with ds4 on pc, I suggest using SCPToolkit.

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
Install and forget. Everytime you plug in the controller/ use bluetooth it connects automatically.

It's not an Xinput controller. Takes about 30 seconds of googling to figure it out. It's currently not compatible with Street Fighter V because that game is only currently supporting Xinput, per multiple posts about it from PC player who apparently decided not to refund that piece of shit.

No, fuck that.

The sony controllers are the only reason we even have gamepad programs to pretend to be a xbox controller. Without it we would never be able to use older garbagebin ones with recent games. It's also nice to map buttons easily with those programs. Seriously, we have to thank sony for that.

It IS sold in the U.S. You can buy it on Amazon.com, through Amazon themselves (not the marketplace)
Please. Stop with the ABXY meme.

No the only reason windows/games supporting only one controller. You're all cûcks, that's all.

>through Amazon themselves
Did you even look? It's through a private seller that amazon facilitates

What are you supposed to do as a game developer? The only mainstream interface for controllers is sdl2 and xinput. Does every single company has to program their own gamepad drivers for every little controller themselves?

This thread is 50% bait and 50% autism.

Just ignore the Autist OP, go masterbait somewhere else.

>i want to do something
>i can do it
>i don't want to do it
you're fucking retarded bro, seriously.

This is some high level shitposting. You pressed space twice when you added "Last Samurai" as the private seller name, looks kind of unprofessional.

Anyway, anyone can google "Hori Fighting Commander XInput" (or even reviews on the Amazon page itself) and see that its fully XInput compatible. Enjoy.

Or you can read the comments from Hori users about it not being compatible with Xinput games like SFV.

To be honest, SFV is just a shit game and it could be because of that.

Seriously, DS4 should get more support from game devs.

The x360/bone and ds4 controllers are the most mainstream for PC.

No. Someone has to provide ONE driver for Windows. That's all. But strangely neither K$, neither big games studio want to do that.

By the way DS3 and DS4 are supported by default on Linux.

I hope you know you have to download the PC drivers from the Hori site

Amazon is still the one shipping it, and anything "fulfilled by Amazon" still has the same policies, regardless of who gets the money.

>I'm too retarded to follow simple steps so it's convoluted
Found the nigger who dropped out of high school.

but there is one driver, xinput is today's industry standard, last decade was dinput. I don't know why sony decide to only support the old one. Probably because it only has ABXY buttons.

Windows has drivers for ps4 too. The linux drivers aren't any better since linux games also mostly only support xinput controllers, same shit different platform. The only ones compatible with it are sdl2 ports of games.

Burden of proof is on you.

Doesn't the latest version only work on W10?

It could be, but it isn't. Capcom says they're going to patch in DInput at some point because of all the bitching.

It is plug and play you utter fool.
It's just not the PnP you want, the reason for which has been reiterated endless times in this thread.

bitch retard get a steam controllers

>spend £10 on generic bluetooth adapter
>DS4 now connected wirelessly
WEW

>the best
Sure, it's nothing to do with the fact that your leader opened the floodgates and expected the rest of EU to follow suite which it didn't

You're not even trying, asshole. I was referring to the mandatory MS adapter for xbone controllers. Try to keep up.

>That shitty malware
There's that word again. If you're dumb enough to blindly install a .exe without looking into it, maybe PC gaming is too advanced for you.

God bless the eastern bloc

>You're not even trying,
And yet you replied, thx

Europe would have gotten nowhere without Germany though

>to see opinions that fit my narrative
Fixed that for you faggot.

>Why is Sony so autistic?
because its user base are

Do you just let predictive text handle your posts?

It's true what they say, go against Sony on Cred Forums and you'll have a horde of rabid fanboys ready to take you down.

Afraid chinks will get your clop?

Anyone elses controller stop working for steam on dar souls 3? I use the program above and it works fine with overwatch and off steam use but i having a problem it doesnt register in game i use big picture mode and it navigates fine but once the game loads the buttons refuse to work

The shit that Sonyfags on Cred Forums recommended for using the DS3 on PC, MotioninJoy, was actual malware. I've had my PC crash because of that shite. I won't take the risk.

That's rich coming from someone who save this kind of image.

Its the farthest i got it working after updating windows 10 anniversary.

The update was nice but let me tell you, i had to re install a few drivers : /

why does everyone say this? Do you mean in specific games or something? I plug my DS4 in and I can map it on emulators right off the bat. Same shit with android too, plug it in and it's immediately available as an option.

>not work natively with Windows
Wat, isn't it a dinput device by default?

More like be a retard on Cred Forums and you'll be called a retard on Cred Forums

>stop calling out muh based Sony or I'll call you a retard

Yes. The real fake complaint is that a lot of devs don't make their game compatible with DInput. It's actually becoming more common as the DS4 is widely acknowledged to be the best controller on the market today, at any price.

>the best controller on the market today,
>no Xinput

>stop calling me out for being a retard or I'll call you a Sonyfag

>been using scp xinput whatever to make ps3 controller work
>works fine
>new windows update rolls in today
>nothing works anymore
fuck with this

Only a Sonygger would pretend native PC support doesn't matter. The PS4 is an irrelevant platform compared to PC.

More like Microshit trying to shill the xboner controller

Do what I did and get an Xbox controller, Sony is retarded

Don't worry, you're right, ignore the retards. It should have native drivers, end of story.

Don't forget to buy an elite controller for the low low price of $149 US dollars.

mine's still working

Only a retard would pretend the DS4 doesn't have native support because it doesn't have xinput.

>Sony refusing to make a simple driver = Xbox shilling

The length to which you Sonyponies will go even makes Nintendrones look fairly normal.

It topped the list in every article, review and round-up of controllers that I read when I was looking to buy a new controller.

If even one had said the Xbox Elite was superior, I'd have bought it. Given how long my last two controllers lasted the price really wouldn't be a major factor.

i'm not even a sony user lmao,

keyboard on pc or gtfo

Are you forgetting Sweden?
They don't give a shit about that, they just know they can live on welfare and culturally enrich us, heck, Merkel even wants that to happen, who would refuse such an offer?

Mine works fine,

Dinput is 20 years old, you delusional fucktard. A good controller needs Xinput. Universal standards are a good thing.

It's literally a case of minutes. Like

>It should have native drivers
dinput
>Sony refusing to make a simple driver
You want xinput, you either get a 360 based controller or spend

Probably for the best, but I don't like those buttons. Also I'd have to leave the house and fuck that.
If it turns out I just have to reboot to make it work again I will describe doing something violent to express my frustration but actually do nothing.

i think he tought that microsoft made it so that windows doesnt recgonize non xbox controllers natively, which is a stupid trought.

you need drivers for most shit so why would you expect your ps4 controller to work natively

The length you PCucks will go to shit on sony makes nintendrones look fairly normal.

Your first console is xbox isn't it?

>It topped the list in every article, review and round-up of controllers

Look into the comment sections and you'll find hordes of people complaining about a complete lack of PC support.

>moving the goal posts
How does it feel being a cry baby who throws his toys out the pram?

The Euro worked out so well

since where on the topic of controllers, im assuming nintendo uses directinput too?

>about a complete lack of PC support.
Why do you feel the need to continue this lie?

>you either get a 360 based controller

There are Playstation-based controllers with Xinput.

ds4windows.com/

I know I can get more dollaridoos with it than I used to get with my money.

Sony slapped in Dinput compliance and went 'la la la not listening' from there on out.

The DS4 should have Xinput drivers, end of story.

This, the only problem is gamedevs forcing those shitty xbox button maps in the interface. Valve should just finally add some proper unicode button symbols to sdl2 and force developers to actually use that. Microsoft will never do that in fear of people forgetting xbox exist.

Show me one without something that switches it to xinput manually.

>That doesn't count!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Or maybe Sony doesn't give a fuck about its customers.

>The DS4 should have Xinput drivers, end of story.
Why? Because you're a retard who can't manage 5 clicks?

So what if I want to use my DS4 on PC, but without that software?

It worked out pretty well for anyone who doesn't live in Europe
>dem greek holidays

So you can't, thanks for playing.

Also, I doubt Sony consider entitled PC faggots their main user base.

This coming from someone who got a DS4 exclusively for his PC.

Because your claims about it being the best controller are null and void if it can't even do something as simple as Xinput.

Not really. I spent several days checking things out. My last controller was dirty cheap 360 controller bought because my ancient Saitek just won't work anymore, workarounds be damned, and I wanted a controller instantly for (I don't remember what).

I was seriously hesitant about the DS4Windows bullshit. It's a major downside to need a wrapper in order to play XInput only games, but I wanted to see what the hype was about.

So far, it's a big improvement in Mad Max and Sleeping Dogs. It's okay in Spintires, but that game seemed to thrive on the sluggish, unresponsive walmart 360 controller I used to use.

Sony is the Apple of vidya

You get to use dinput instead.

Maybe next time you don't assume that the person replying to you is the person you replied to?

How do you use your DS4 on PC without shitty 3rd party software?

Nope. Shit straight up doesn't work anymore. It says it does but it doesn't.
Fuck it. I'm getting an xbox controller tomorrow.

Play one of the thousands of Dinput compatible games. Add emulation to the mix and that's thousands more.

>dinput

What is this, 1999?

Dragon's dogma has native ps4 support :^)

Then it works in any games with native DS4 support and any games with DInput support.

That puts it ahead of my antique Saitek controller that recently died, which only worked with DInput games.

>it's better than this ancient controller I used since the 90s, that means it's the best of all controllers

they arent going to pay microsoft to have it installed dip shit. why would it work with windows?

your like one of those idiots who comes in asking for the legend of zelda on the 360

>Mac OS isn't better than Windows, after all you can't install it on any system you like

>HURR JUST USE HACKINTOSH!

Literally your argument.
Embarrassing, Sonyfags. Embarrassing.

Look, you have 3 options:
>Get a 360 pad, native support for xinput games
>Get a DS4 pad, native support for dinput games, xinput wrapper avaliable
>shit post on Cred Forums, native support for no games

>why would it work with windows?

Because Windows is the #1 gaming platform by a very huge margin.

And Sony cares about that userbase, why?
Anyone who recently had problems with DS4 on their W10 machines might want to read this:
inputmapper.com/21-windows-10-anniversary-update-why-things-broke

You forgot the 4th option
>actually being honest about the quality of Sony customer support (abysmal) so that they improve their shit and we don't need some raggedy-ass wrapper program to do what works out of box with basically any other controller you can buy at that price point

>And Sony cares about that userbase, why?

Because Sony needs to start caring about some userbase sooner or later.

I don't think I'd go that far. That Saitek controller was bad as fuck. I had not, and would not have upgraded if it hadn't died.

>everyone talking about ds4
>still stuck with ds3 because I never bothered with the next console generation
Does it make any difference? I genuinely don't know.

>DS4
>frail

What the fuck, it's way sturdier than the XBone controller and it's cheap, flimsy plastic shoulder buttons.

The DS3 was flimsy and cheap compared to the 360 controller, but this gen, it's the other way around.

>quality of Sony customer support
Lel what on earth does that have to do with using a DS4 on windows?

Not really. You can do some cool shit with the touchpad on PC, but that's about it. Trigger buttons are much better too.

It's a feature that can be expected with a modern controller. And it's simply not there. Reason: None.

> do what works out of box with basically any other controller you can buy at that price point
I sure enjoy native xinput support on my Wii controller pro and wiimotes!

See

Reason: Gamedevs hardcoding controller buttons in their games. How the fuck is anyone supposed to know where Y on a ds4 is? It's just microsoft abusing its monopoly again.

>so desperate for a straw to grasp on that you take a shit on the Wii

See what's wrong with this? Why don't we just stop making excuses for all of Sony's wrongdoings, yes?

Maybe devs would have a reason to provide optional Playstation button displays if there even was a Playstation controller that worked natively with PC. Ever think about that?

GTAV also supports DS4 without a wrapper. And it works with a wrapper too. So do a lot of games.

Maybe you should just kill yourself, lazy swine.

>so desperate for a straw to grasp on that you take a shit on the Wii
>It's a feature that can be expected with a modern controller.

But they do? Ever played dragon's dogma or that one hipster indie game with the talking sword? No special drivers needed. The problem is lazy gamedevs obeying microsofts anti competitive behaviour.

>Common standard? IT'S A MONOPOLY
>we'll just do our own thing, yeah no I don't care what you think

No hipster mentality in my electronics pls

>3 out of 10000 devs bothered
>clearly this is Microsoft's fault

clearly this is anons fault for being too much of a lardass to install a wrapper

user does not want to install a wrapper. There should be no need for a wrapper.

It is, microsoft are the ones developing xinput and forcing specific button layouts to xbox controllers. They could as well have developed a continuation of dinput with UNIVERSAL controller support and button layouts.

I was hoping this thread was about FG controllers because one of the posts was a FC4 and I love my FC4. Nope, Just retards, shitposting and, shills on both sides. I don't even know why I come here anymore.

Also op your fucking retarded for blowing $40-$50 on a controller meant for fighting games so you can play your shitty indie games. A fucking steelseries or logitech would work just as good for half the price, go fucking hang yourself!

Pic related

Then user should not buy a DS4 and should buy microsoft certified xinput compatible dildo to shove up his ass

>I don't even know why I come here anymore.
Same reason we all do.
Because we can't leave.

I know user, it's a curse and a addiction. maybe one day we all will be free.

>stapler clips are normed, always the same size across all staplers
>you can use stapler clips made by company A in a stapler made by company B, C or X

WOW FUCK THIS, fuck those A-nerds for forcing their standard, I'm so happy I have to rummage in my drawer for my StapleWrapper and assume fetal position every time I want to staple two fucking pieces of paper together.

I also bought it in preparation for Tekken 7, because I quite like the series and can't wait to play it on PC for a change, if it's any consolation.

Then don't use the DS4? Use the Xbox 360 controller and stop being a retard?

But adhering to xbox will guarantee that we will never get better controllers with more buttons and actual support by games. the fuck is wrong with you. Xinput was especially designed to force the xbox brand on everyone, not to make a unversal standard.

Only if you admit that the DS4 lacks a very important feature.

There was no universal standard before Xinput. Even if you went as far as calling DirectInput a universal controller standard, it was developed by Microsoft as well.

What's wrong with you? Did Steve Ballmer run over your cute dog when you were a kid or something? Why do you hate Microsoft that much? I don't like them either, but at least their controllers don't require user-made tools for basic functionality. That's worth something. The DS4 should do that as well. You'd lose absolutely nothing if there was an Xinput driver for the DS4. Explain why you're against it.

You still are going to have to download and install something to use it on PC. So why even make this thread? It's mind boggling if you ask me.

Wait, that means that ultimately the problem is with the devs and not with Sony?

dinput at least supported all controllers on the market and not only the ones that pay microsoft to be allowed to use their button layout. Also, sony would be forced to use ABXY as well instead of their triangles or whatever. you will never see an official sony controller with the fucking xbox brand just so you can play xbox ports. Using dinput was the only sensible thing they could do and gamedevs need to finally up their game and develop a proper standard, like said (me).
I have nothing against third party programs for controllers, they also provide more features than a standard driver would allow. like I said here .

The current situation is just extremely shitty to get any sort of innovation done in the gamepad world. why the fuck should I be limited to the few buttons of the xbox controller just because gamedevs go the lazy route and reuse xbox code?

git gud

xbone has the best controller to date, come at me negros