Overall, do you think that Blizzard is doing a good job with World of Warcraft? Some points to consider when answering:

Overall, do you think that Blizzard is doing a good job with World of Warcraft? Some points to consider when answering:

Are they still managing to meet your gaming expectations and needs 12 years in?
Are you happy with what they are delivering and when they are delivering it?
Do you feel like you are getting your money's worth?
Are you happy with the direction the game is going?
Is there enough for you to do in game?

>Do you feel like you are getting your money's worth?
yes it's worth 40 thousand imaginary gold coins per month

Go do your focus group research elsewhere, marketer.

This

Other than the xpac itself, the game subscription has basically been free for me. I have nearly a million gold from minimal farming of obliterum and mount selling.

Game feels dated as fuck, I levelled to 110 and unsubbed. Honestly Blizz needed to release WoW2 years ago

What even is WoW anymore?

>dated
kys newgamer

Been playing on and off since 2006. The game was fresh and amazing then. It's kind of like stale milk now. Like there's large parts of the world which literally have not changed since 2001, when the game was in development.

Go away shill.

???

no
you fucked me over marketer

This

Are there franchises left for Blizz that, were they to release a sequel today, would not give fans pause before putting money down?

Plenty of areas like Elwynn and Stormwind haven't been meaningfully updated since pre-alpha around 1999-2001

>goldshire
>anything like it was in the alpha
Oh lol, I bet you think skyrim capital is really big city too
Fucking faggot

All of them. Blizzard fans pause after they've put their money down.

ok? no one hangs around elwynn forest or stormwind

The farmville bullshit and artifact leveling kills any desire to run through Legion on my new characters. It's garbage of the highest degree.

fuck order hall garbage aka garrisons 2.0. why does blizzard keep pushing this shit? world quests are just recycled leveling quests, certain professions are dominating the auction house (herbalism, alchemy), the whole game is even bigger chore than before. i've already cancelled my sub because it's so damn boring. hope transmog was worth it.

Plenty of people hang out in Stormwind on populated servers, the same as people hang out in Orgrimmar. Hasn't been visually updated since launch other than adding the harbor, trashing the park and putting burning feet on the roof of the gate which nobody has thought to extinguish over the past 6 years. Sure is tough making billions of dollars off sub fees and then making fuck all improvements to the game

>why does blizzard keep pushing this shit?
Because they will never admit their mistakes.

>hasn't been visually updated since launch
>EXCEPT THESE THINGS
lmaooooo

Class halls have done literally nothing wrong. Garrisons made you go back once every fucking hour. Between 6-12 hour mission times, the phone app, and much less progression tied to class halls, they're nowhere near the fucking tumor that was the garrison system. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone, but the fact that I'm even neutral towards them shows how many miles better they are than garrisons.

>95% of Stormwind hasn't been updated
>Fire was burning in the park for SIX FUCKING YEARS

>5% has been updated, LMAO YOUR WRONG

>fuck order hall garbage aka garrisons 2.0
It's not
Why people keep saying this?
Do you even know why people hated garrisons? Not because fucking facebook games, but because there was no reason to leave them
You only visit class halls to upgrade your weapon in the legion

Haven't they updated most textures since then?

>Why people keep saying this?
Because it's Garrisons.
>You only visit class halls to upgrade your weapon in the legion
And upgarde your followers, and send them to missions, it's what Garrisons 2.0 means.

>it's what Garrisons 2.0 means.
No, it's not

Was ok but now that Metzen and the battlenet guy are gone its gonna go to shit

>all everyone wanted was Illidan
>mfw Metzen granted our wish before his final goodbye
Best part is that Legion is as good as BC and WotLK.

>Why people keep saying this?
Salty nostalrius fanboys, don't reply to them, hide their replies

This. Legion is the first time in a long time that I've actually wanted to log in after hitting level cap rather than just feeling like i needed to.

>wotlk
>good
Clearing raid in the first week and then doing nothing until next content patch wasn't fun

Would you be surprised if I told you major video game releases aren't catered towards autistic NEETS who clear all the content in a week?

I don't think Blizzard is doing a bad job, but they could be doing a much better job.

No, wotlk actually was that bad

It's

>wotlk actually was that bad
>he doesn't remember wotlk had raid content locked which were unlocked over time

nice try, newfag, but no wotlk wow player will believe you

I'm having some fun with legion but its waning quickly, I don't see them lasting another 10 years like they said at blizzcon, they need to update/make warcraft 4 /make a wow 2 with overwatch graphics engine. I think maybe 1-2 more expansions before they either call it quits or decide to update wow.

Only good one was Ulduar, checkmate.

>I think maybe 1-2 more expansions before they either call it quits or decide to update wow.

The sooner the better, they're geniuses for what they managed to get out of the Warcraft 3 engine, but fuck me if the game doesn't need a coat of paint in everywhere that isn't Legion content

Blizzard can do all the market research they want, checking the General Forums should tell them that their entire formula for handling the game is horrid!

>Are they still managing to meet your gaming expectations and needs 12 years in?
They never met my expectations, ever.

>Are you happy with what they are delivering and when they are delivering it?
World quests are a great idea, but the limited rewards are not.

Instead of balancing classes like they claim, they always ruin an entire class, and keep poor performing classes down entirely.

Never. I'm ready to unsubscribe.

>Are you happy with the direction the game is going?
What direction? Legion seemed good because it wasn't following the usual pattern of no new content, but that is quickly changing.

>Is there enough for you to do in game?
Absolutely not.

this is pretty much why I unsubbed last expansion and haven't played since then. blizzard only cares about expansion content so they can get the casual money. fuck the core of the community, they only add meaning to everything.

I gave away all of my items when I quit (it was enough to buy over 2 years in subscription), and I had a couple people try to convince me to stay because our server went to shit and they saw me as a decent person who was sorely needed to improve the environment. Everyone besides decent people transferred to the high pop servers, and decent people are unsubbing because at some point you realize blizzard's bullshit is constant and will never change.

I know right? Chess feels so dated as well, when will Chess 2 come out? Jeez.

It's the first addon since Wotlk that truly, deeply ticks with me, i'm having more fun than with mop, cata and wod combined.

>I love to pay every month for singleplayer RPG

Only ICC
And you killed every wing on the first week anyway, until h mode

>what is Stormwind Harbor

>naxx was locked behind timegates
>ulduar was locked behind timegates
>toc was locked behind timegates
Wotlk kids are insane

It sucks pretty hard

>want to play demon hunter
>can only create on server with existing 70+ character so forced to create it on pvp server
>server is 90% other faction
>literally can't xp because level 110 horde running round everywhere one-shotting me
>every questing area is full of high levels because of dumb level balancing thing

How could a billion dollar company fuck this up so hard? It cost me £45 to find out how much this sucked despite the hype, and they want £10 every month to play it? The Witcher 3 has no sub and is a better rpg than this.

Too cheap to buy the expansion, would also have to buy a transfer. They killed my my server with their new CR and sharding tech and I'M supposed to play THEM 20 yuros for a problem they created?

Bit of a shame, I have 15m on my account, enough to play WoW with tokens for 17 years. But fuck their shady business practices of nickel and diming their customers down to the last fucking penny. They don't even give a shit about everyone leaving the sinking ship as long as they can milk the last few remaining blizzdrones even harder with the cash-shop to make up for it.

Get a free transfer to a low-pop realm.

There are no free transfers available.
Also, I can't live without all my alts.

Is Legion really that good or are people blinded by the initial addiction?

It's just like WoD, lots of hype and initial happiness followed by months of hate against WoW... Again.

>12 years in
It's been 11. FFXI is on 12.

It's 12 in 2 months

Just create a DK and get him to 70 in a day

Modern WoW feels like a single player experience where you run into other people from time to time, and they are not important at all. You don't remember their names, you don't remember if they are good players or bad players, they are just ghosts that you never have to interact.

In old days you had to interact with other players. You had to co-operate, build relationships. Now you just complete task without saying a word to each other. One thing that definitely is to blame for this is their zone phasing mechanics, which sacrificed feeling of world for storytelling (which no one gives a fuck anymore because they outlevel zones with less than half of quests completed or simply spam LFD) and so we're left with mess of a cross-phased zones where no one meets anyone again.

Why the fuck do you choose a pvp server?! Just how retarded are you?!

Legion is certainly a step in the right direction but with the emphasis on the importance of your individual character and the over-extreme balancing style that blizzard has to band-aid stuff it's incredibly disconcerting everytime there may even be a balance patch that comes around.

One way i'd describe most of the mechanical design of legion is poorly thought out, they had an idea and never expanded on it so playing certain classes or specs just creates a "What were they thinking" with SV Hunters and Warlocks being the biggest example of it. It really feels like they got rid of all their good class designers or they put them on other classes like WW Monk.

>Are they still managing to meet your gaming expectations and needs 12 years in?
No
No
No
No
No

Riddle me this
>un'goro crater is in the emerald dream
>craters are damage done to the surface of the planet
>the dream is supposed to be azeroth when it was made brand new
I haven't quested through un'goro before so is there a reason it would be in the dream?

Why would mulgore with tauren structures also be in the Dream.

The whole idea of the Dream and the nightmare is just kind of a cool concept they thought up but had no idea how to execute in game properly.

>no
>no
>no
>no
>no
next poll shill?

>months of hate
>hasn't been out a month
Also
>main complaint about WoD was no content
>Legion has almost as much content as WoD and MoP, and it's only just launched
It'll be fine

Jesus, can I at least get $0.39 in Google Play credit for my answers? Be a little less obvious.

Not brand new, just if it was untouched by other beings.

so user can be a leet pvper

>The Good
World quests, while basically just reskinned daily quests, feel a lot more important than Daily quests ever did. You have an option incentive to complete everything, and a realistic incentive to only complete a small group of things. Grinding exists, but can be wholly replaced with careful planning at slightly less results.

Mythic dungeons, especially 2+ and above are really well paced and fun and reward multiple playthroughs and singular player knowhow. Personally I hated challenge dungeons, and this is a very excellent compromise.

>The Bad
PVP is a bit lopsided and unimpactful feeling. Class balancing is still being done, but right now there is nothing stopping a group of 2/3 Beast Mastery Hunters from just sucking their pets on people from 90 yards away and playing the keep away game the whole arena and killing them. Regular Battlegrounds are fine.

>The Ugly
Raiding, at least right now, is pointless. Whatever gear you could potentially earn from a normal or heroic raid right now can be more reliably and realistically earned from a Keystone 2 for Normal Raids or a Keystone 4/5 for heroic raids, at substantially less difficulty WITH NO LOOT LOCKOUT. As of now, Blizzard's motto of "Allowing 5 mans to replace raiding as a potential gearing option" seems far too literal, as right now it's possible to outgear a hardcore raider after never setting foot in Emerald Nightmare.

The difficulty of some bosses versus the loot they give compared to equal amounts of Keystone Dungeons is hilariously not worth it. While some bosses, like Il'guloth, Nythendra, or Dragons of Nightmare are hilarious cakewalks and are essentially free loot, bosses where some people actually need to know what they're doing, like Xavius, have a substantially lower "Difficulty and Time versus Loot" payoff than comparable Keystone dungeons. Without tier set bonuses existing yet, unless there's a trinket you REALLY REALLY need from Emerald Nightmare, there is literally LITERALLY no need.

no
no
no
no
no

Stop beefing warriors into the ground and make them able to do anything but ride the bench

REEEEEEEE

Legion is pretty good. Lots of stuff to do even for the casual players. The one problem I have with Legion so far is the PvP. They changed the system saying that everyone gets a template and its going to be about skill and not just gear. But Legion comes out and the templates are just horrible. Balance for PvP is absolutely horrendous. Demon Hunters just shitting on everyone (who didn't see that coming), many casters are unable to do anything besides get killed by melee. The balance is worse than ever.

The rewards are also pretty unfair although I have to say I did one arena match with a friend and we both got epic ilvl 840 items so maybe there is some balance between PvE and PvP rewards.

I genuinely think there is a problem at Blizzard when it comes to understanding the spaghetti of the old code in the game.

I don't think WoW 2 needs to happen (Though it would be nice if it wasn't shit) but they need to slip a new engine in there. I know, that's massively complex, but the strangest shit remains unchanged because they claim they can't do it.

Of course, Blizz won't do that, they can't charge for it. Most of what happened in Cata should have just been content patches to update old zones and content. That stuff should come with your sub.

Stormwind is an entirely different city now, you know that right?

Undercity, Nelf Shitty (the worst city), TBluff, Iron Forge, The horrible wounds on the human psyche that are Exodar and Silvermoon. Those need to be blown up and remade.

You still can't fucking fly in the Belf and Futa-Goat starting zones.