Its 2016, is gaming dead?

its 2016, is gaming dead?
Why have there been on good games the last couple years that became household names or are really any good?

Games like the Order and this new Mafia seem to be the only games getting any attention because Mafia is already being called one of the greatest games of the last ten years because it features a minority as the main character which means its revolutionary in game design putting it years ahead of developers?
Will Mafia 3 be able to save gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel#Ethnic_and_religious_groups
discord.gg/gk8uwnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

name one new game recentlyt aht is good and not a reboot remaster or a sequel... though skyrim is really really really old and its remaster makes it a new game its still the same old game if you think about it which is played out... no pun intended

undertale

its gta sa meets fargo season 2 with a black guy and its mafi 3 hmmmmmm

>is gaming dead?

what do you think?

Stormfront and Reddit really hate that there is a black guy. They're crying white genocide

pretty racist to shitpick a game just because the lead is a minority. way to go proving your a nazi to everyone here.

People are just excited because it's the 'next gta game!!' and nothing hopefully the start of the current gen consoles actually making games

No, it's just all decent games have been delayed to 2017.

Still don't get the retarded hate of this game.

Gotta say Im excited for Mafia 3 because many are calling it the GTA killer for featuring an african American in a lead role which reviewers already say makes the game better.

>Will Mafia 3 be able to save gaming?

It has one of the worst AI I've ever seen.
It's like they're literally blind.

>FOR featuring an african american in a lead role
but GTA already had an african american lead before mafia 3 even existed

Inside, tomb raider, and dark souls 3 were good

Isn't the plot basically GTA 3?

the only people who dont like Mafia 3 its being proven are racists because they dont like seeing a black man killing all the white people.

All these so-called gamers talking about why the game might be good or bad based on the protagonist's color yet few seem to mention how the game looks like a cheap GTA clone made by an entirely different developer.

Did any of you even play the previous game (let alone the first)?

ds 3 sucked... tomb raider is a hunger games wannabe with that gay bow and literally teh games arent about tombs at all. did you even play them?

im not sure you played any of them

>way to go proving your a nazi to everyone here.
Spoiler: No one likes Niggers

Your nigger worshiping in america is not the norm for the rest of the World

Why from the titles you posted I get the idea that you're a consolebabby

console gaming is dead, yes. It was a decent run, but it's done for.

Actually most people aren't comically racist like you and are able to function in life without pissing their pants at the sight of a non-white male

America celebrates diversity because of our heritage which is why europe is trying to copy us by bringing in millions of muslims which wont change the fact that whites are born racist due to their white privilege.

GOTY incoming wether you like it or not.

t. Nigger

Edgy, m8. Try not to cut anyone.

Wholeheartedly agree.

AAA games are boring as fuck
Indie games are boring as fuck

there is no future

Man, "the muslim invasion" is literally the "SIXTY TRILLION" for the alt right fuckers.

t. Enriched Melanin

>Actually most people aren't comically racist like you and are able to function in life without pissing their pants at the sight of a non-white male

Might wanna travel a bit outside of your western hugbox

>wont change the fact that whites are born racist due to their white privilege.

Wont change the fact that niggers have a subhuman IQ on average that can never be fixed and thats why they cant maintain worthwhile civilizations

I played both of the previous Mafia games. The atmosphere and the story in the first one was brilliant.

Second one wasn't that great to be honest. It didn't have the same charm (although I really liked that tie in scene with the first game) but gameplay felt more polished. At least that's how I remember it, it's been a while.

The third one looks very generic. The overall setting is interesting with the time setting and the black protagonist but it seems that they just went through a checklist when they designed gameplay: open world, "detective vision", shitty stealth, etc. etc. Not that the past games were a pinnacle of gameplay design but the third game looks very low effort in comparison.

Don't know much about the story, I've only seen gameplay videos. I'll pirate it first to try it out.

your racism will end because we DEMAND IT! most of us real gamers want more gender and minority representation in games.

>Might wanna travel a bit outside of your western hugbox
Might want to travel outside of Cred Forums, m8. Most people, even racist ones, can contain themselves in the presence of others they hate. Hell, most people can do this with virtually anything they hate. If you are literally incapable it points to some form of autism on your part.

>game is bad because it features a black guy

I wish you Cred Forums fags would all just commit mass suicide

every single other board fucking hates you you shouldn't even be part of this chan

>most of us real gamers want more gender and minority representation in games.

so lets get rid of italians and replace them with a token nigger

spoken like a true racist nazi which is why noone takes you seriously if you dont face reality and realize the strength of diversity which makes us a better people.

Pretty much this. Cred Forums isn't even Cred Forums. It's literally 90% refugees from /r/thedonald, who try to imitate some fucked up version of Cred Forums that never existed, and think they're slick oldfags. In reality they're more obnoxious than the SJWs were.

No you should travel outside the western hugbox because no one in the real world shares your diversity bullshit.

Asians dont want niggers in their nations, arabs dont want niggers in their nations, slavs dont want niggers in their nations and so on

You know nothing about the real world

We can replace them with Jews. Jewish mafia was a thing, after all.

Nigga please. I'll be surprised if it's actually good, and not a shitfest like watch dogs was.

I played the first, haven't gotten to the second. Gameplay reel looks like garbage.

Don't be a bigot user. It's not good for your heart.

it's genuinely a shit game, regardless of the black mc

You are pretty dug into your Cred Forums hugbox, aren't you? I bet you believe everything is being pushed by a few evil politicians and not the fact most people simply aren't alt right.

Also you are legitimately retarded as you have intentionally dodged my point.

Even people who ARE racist don't go

>FUCKING NIGGER I AM MURSDEIRIJ GN YOU RACE WAR NOW
like an autistic fuck. That's just you, Cred Forums.

you cant say that you nazi bigot, did you even know that over 7 million Jews died in the holocaust? Think about that and understand why most countries have laws making it illegal to say anything negative about the Jewish people or Jewish culture.

So why do people solely complain about the MC being black and not the story, levels, length of game and other things from playing it?

>another bland as fuck sandbox game

>cant address anything that written and gives me his buzzwords of the month

And thats why you are losing. Your idiocracy never knew when to draw the line

Is that guy on the right hovering?

Also jesus christ white detection lines are aids. I played Splinter Cell when I was 8 years old, why is all of this shit needed now?

because their racists is why they complain about the game, reviewers already said Mafia 3 is going to be the GOTY of 2017 because it promotes diversity but if you hear anyone complain about Mafia 3 then you know their a racist.

as someone who was born in St.Petersburg I know for a fact that you are full of shit.

There were gangs openly admitting on beating blacks on the news 5 years ago for no other reason other than they were black, they might've been exchange students from Yankland, they didn't care, they were black, there are still huge amount of this gangs active all over the Russia.

If there is no real punishment for acting that way, they will. only reason "racists" in western world do not physically attack is because laws are strict on racism.

Ethnic diversity is actually more common outside western territories

>solely
it's definitely not the sole thing being complained about, however it is the biggest compliant on this website. the reason for that though is because people want the italian mafia from their mafia game and not another forced diversity-quota character like we've seen in so many other games.

Funny how people never complain about the black GTA protagonists but dislikes the shit we see them pull in Mafia. Funny how no one ever cared about gay marriage in Skyrim yet despises the shit we see Bioware push in every new title.
Funny how people wouldnt care about black troops in a WW2 game but find the idea of making WW1 about blacks and arabs retarded

Its like people dont mind the shit when its not part of some forced agenda

2016 is the year of forgettable games

i know i constantly met black people when i was backpacking through east asia. theres black neighbourhoods everywhere!

Where in Israel is there diversity? I forgot about all the blacks that are in israel because jews are notoriously racist to the point of being nazis

delusional

>Funny how people wouldnt care about black troops in a WW2 game but find the idea of making WW1 about blacks and arabs retarded

Huge part of WW2 took place in Africa while WW1 not so much, even the American troops on the cover were less than 1% and seeing German troops being 90% of black people is jut not right historically.

lmao, yeah go ahead and completely forget the shitstorm about gta san andreas making you play a black guy (it was 12 years ago I can forgive the lack of memory). Also the constant "Franklin is the worst character" in any gta5 story thread. I'd mention vice city stories but nobody has actually played that game.

Also how can you even begin to imply people don't shit all over Skyrim on Cred Forums as anything but a pc mod showcase.

Problem with mafia 3 is the devs said they focused much of the core development on promoting diversity by finding roles for minorities in their game which to many sends a red flag that the developers by their own admission focused more on a political agenda than on the game itself which is never good for any game.

AAA gaming is pretty much dead. The budgets have grown so much that they're too afraid to risk anything. The result is a bland mix of stuff we've seen before. But there are still good games out there.
That said, I do spend most of my time with older games.

>German troops being 90% of black people is jut not right historic
its already been proven you racist that blacks founded almost all of europe but this was white washed from history , even Rome was founded entirely by African tribes but the truth is covered up by white supremacists.

oy vey goyim

remember the 20 million

>Funny how people never complain about the black GTA protagonists

Probably because R* never tried to use them as a marketing crutch.

>2016 is the year of forgettable games
I been playing the shit out of Dead Rising lately and it just game out, its 10 times better than the garbage that was DR3.

>Probably because R* never tried to use them as a marketing crutch.
Rockstar was pretty racist many said for portraying the black as from an urban neighborhood while the white person was from an affluent neighborhood which offended many in BlackLivesMatter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel#Ethnic_and_religious_groups

Show me any western place as diverse as South America, Central Asia and Oceania

That same demographic loved the hell out of SA, they're just being retarded contrarian fucks.

>Mafia a game about Italians doing what they did best during that time
>Want to enforce african american instead of still using italians as the main selling point
The Godfather had character creation but canonwise you also play as an Italian there.
It just feels like the atmosfere changes from mobster to gangbanger, like he doesn't even wear a propper suit or anything.
If i really wanted to play as an interesting black character i would play GTA SA or GTA V (even tho Michael was a much better character and i wished he was the main protagonist all along because he felt more developed than Franklin and Trevor)

>lmao, yeah go ahead and completely forget the shitstorm about gta san andreas making you play a black guy

never saw anyone complain having a game about gang war in LA 90s star a black guy. Not now nor back then. show me some old school forums posts or you are full of shit

>Also the constant "Franklin is the worst character" in any gta5 story thread

Because hes a shit character and everyone prefers Lamar over him because unlike Franklin he has a character

> I'd mention vice city stories but nobody has actually played that game.

And the people who do only dislike Vic because hes a whiner wanting to do nothing illegal while in the next mission he guns down countless people. He was a terrible character like franklin and the only good part of the game was fleshing out Lance

>Also how can you even begin to imply people don't shit all over Skyrim on Cred Forums as anything but a pc mod showcase.

Wont change the fact that Gay Marriage was a part of it and no one cared because it wasnt in your face like Bioware shit

isn't BLM like.. resent?

AAA gaming is pretty much dead
sure they are mostly all quality games but they may as well all be the same game and the "smaller" ones or something new just gets strong armed by the big players like activision, EA, bethesda etc
good thing is that the tools are far easier and indie games are a big thing now, the only problem with that is there are so many of varying quality it's hard to sort the good from the bad

show me the page where those black people get rights in Israel? also why has israel rejected every refugee from africa and syria over the last 5 years? Israel has yet to take in a single muslim refugee.

Franklin is the worst character not because of skin color but because of personality and story developement.
I liked Vice City Stories and didn't had a problem with Vic.
And in all my years of life i never saw somebody complaining about San Andreas for having a black main character, want to know why?
Because he had a personality just like the rest of the black characters, they weren't just token placements to appeal the masses.

>watch trailer thing
>man that guy is tough! in vietnam he took out whole camps by himself! when we were running guns in laos he was a tough bastard!

why is this game not about him being an arms dealer kingpin with his soldier friend? talk about waste of premise.

>DS3 sucked
KYS. Was it inferior to bloodborne and DS? Sure. But it was no way a bad game. If you think that DS3 sucked I really want to know what game you considered not sucky minimum.

GTA5 protag should of been Lamar.

But that's not racist, that's just where the character lives because of plot and then when he moves to a bigger house on a hill, just like in SA when you move to the singer Mansion.

ds3 sucked compared to DS1, the franchise is dead and their just milking a corpse you pathetic excuse fora wannabe gamer.

>Wont change the fact that Gay Marriage was a part of it and no one cared because it wasnt in your face like Bioware shit
How as it in your face in the mass effect games? wasnt it just a romance choice like the others? I never got the feeling it was in your face??? please elaborate for a mass effect pleb

destiny and the division were both great games mechanically, they just have shit for content and post-launch was handled like aaaaaassssss

That said, I enjoyed mankind divided. It was short, and the story ended abruptly (no doubt to support the 3rd game), but again, it was pretty fun. I'm also looking forward to mafia 3. Just like mankind divided, it'll be a perfect game to try from redbox. Drop a tenner on it, beat it, see how it is.

Really, the issue isn't that games are horrible and bad, it's that we've become SO accustomed to games being just average that it's the new low bar.

How fucked is that?

I still enjoy Lamar as a sidekick companion that is good to enjoy in small doses so his schtick of gangster wannabe doesn't get boring too quick, but yeah i really enjoyed every cinematic he was in, the only good parts of Franklin desu with you desu.

>Show me any western place as diverse as South America

South America is a complete shit hole expect for the region where people are most light skinned

>Central Asia

Another shithole. Might wanna google the term first to see what Countries fall under Central Asia because its not the ones you probably assume

>Oceania

That spans everything from South East Asia to New Zealand and once again the only Countries worth anything are the ones who got colonized by whites

DS1 was a very good game your fucking mong. DS3 while inferior to DS1 was in no way a bad game. Seriously consider killing yourself since apparently every game that isn't DS1 standard is considered a sucky game. I really want to do why you continue to play games when you are so jaded that you can't enjoy decent or good games that aren't Mon Lisa tier.

Sometimes they force the romances on the MC just because you did good things for your companions, other times they use it as an excuse to have a character, like the gay dude who drives the ship in Mass Effect 3, which if you treat too well like any human beign he will crave for your dick.

would have played GTAV forever if Lamar was the character instead of Franklin who was dull and boring.

>How as it in your face in the mass effect games?

To be fair they went more overboard in DA and TOR but in ME3 they rewrote Kaidan to be Bi out of fucking nowhere making him lust after you, your kelly replacement was a lesbo lusting after edi and your shuttle pilot wouldnt shut up about his dead husband

> DS3 while inferior to DS1 was in no way a bad game
Just saying if they cant keep with what made the original great than their a failure with all their failed attempts to add new things to it instead of just keeping it the way it is.

I also liked Mankind Divided, but it was nowhere near as good as original Deus Ex in level design.

Also I have beaten first Deus Ex after Human Revolution so no "Nostalgia" factor.

>the plant

well I never played ME3 because it isnt allowed on steam maybe that is why?

rewrote Kaidan to be Bi? really??? He always did come off like he was bi or gay I felt. Hmmm well that seems a bit forced why did they feel the need to pander so much in ME3? well people say ME3 was terrible anyways and this is most likely the same reason mafia 3 will be terrible since these companies focus more on a political message than the game itself. What is it with 3 and them always being really bad at this?

so did all you homosapians forget about the first moolinyawn MC? or you gonna ignore this again

of course it wasn't, but the point is not to compare it to other games. judge it on it's own merits. If you enjoyed it at all when you were playing it, it was passable.

>because it features a minority as the main character which means its revolutionary in game design putting it years ahead of developers?
No one has made this claim you retard, the SJW strawman is going way too fucking far.
Seriously, you guys are way more annoying that the SJW

yea, but it could of been better in many ways.

>rebel flag on wall
>guy with hood with black fella detained on his knees
>what appears to be a black guy in dark pink pimp suit
>everyone watching is black
>black mc throws a grenade into the room

anyone care to explain what the hell is happening here?

>rewrote Kaidan to be Bi? really??? He always did come off like he was bi or gay I felt.

there were plans to have him as a gay romance options from ME1 on (theres some recorded audio in the files) but it got dropped just to be later pushed in again in ME3

the problem is that it no longer made sense especially after he told you all about his ex girlfriend

>guy with bag on his head is the only one who notices the grenade
>guy in red shirt dies of hearth attack
>kneeling guy stands up like nothing happened
>chairs get knocked half a second after the guys and some don't even move
>shadows of some objects stay
>plant explodes 2 secs after the explosion
>grenade throwing animation is just plain weird
Did I miss something in this 5 seconds long webm?

Why would I want another same game when I can just replay DS? I rather they try and innovate and make new stuff. If they keep making the original then we would have never gotten the brilliance that is Bloodborne which I rather higher than DS.

Okay, but so could literally every game ever made. EVERY game has points that could be improved.

gaming isn't dead if games are coming out that "could have been better" because they're not shit. Wanna know about shit? Try looking at the NES library, over 80% pure, unfiltered sewage.

Its like he fit into the setting of gang wars in Los Angeles during the 90s

Well they become to look like dead when 3 games have anything to offer.

and that 3 games is not 20% of 2016 library, it's far less.

I've seen gameplay of this. Don't give a shit about race of MC.
The actual Gameplay looks boring and repetitive with brainless ai

He fit the role perfectly which is why no one had a problem with him. Putting a black guy in a game about the mafia is as retarded as putting an Italian in a game about 'the hood'.

How the fuck is this even legal?

Wops aren't white anyway.

>Mafia is already being called one of the greatest games of the last ten years because it features a minority as the main character which means its revolutionary in game design putting it years ahead of developers?
What the flying fuck are you even babbling about

It's 2016.

Neither are americans.

Holy shit, is this what Mafia 3 is like? It's like and SJWs wet dream.

Uncle Toms.

>SJW's screaming "DATS RAYCISS"
Fuck off to tumblr. The reason why I don't want to play a shoehorned in black guy in a Mafia game is because its a fucking Mafia game, I want to play as some Italian american with a heavy accent doing actual Mafia like things. If I want to play nigger gangs I can just play San Andreas.

Imagine if Yakuza's plot and characters were completely changed so that you can play as a nigger in Roppongi because muh diversity.

>Imagine if Yakuza's plot and characters were completely changed so that you can play as a nigger in Roppongi because muh diversity.

this is why i hated the mission in sleeping dogs where you have to drive out that nigger rapper. it felt so fucking out of place and was stupid as fuck

like asians would ever do business with niggers

>Name one recent new game that cant be the majority of recent new games
There hasn't been a new IP in ages, publishers love hanging onto old names for brand recognition, even if they make a completely different game underneath it. Reboots are the future.

Nioh when it comes out

the last guardian looks cool as well

I admit that this year was pretty shitty but next one shapes up to be great

benny hill?

>not liking liberal propaganda means you are a nazi

stay tolerant to other ideas lefty

This year was actually one of the best one's in recent memory, albeit I expected absolutely nothing so I guess the games that I liked get the benefit of being a pleasant surprise. D44M looked like it was going to be fucking garbage, and turns into one of the best shooters since 2010, DX:MD looked like it was going to be SJW riddled trash, and it has the most open-ended level design since the original, and heck, I just tried Far Cry Primal and it's actually pretty damn fun and a nice change, although I also had the benefit of waiting for fairly major gameplay changes to be patched in, and bugs patched out.

If next year seems as shit as this one, I might get some faith in the industry again.

10/10 the vidya that will save gaming LOL

>bellaire

lol

This looks like a shittier Watch Dogs riding on an even lamer gimmick than hacker culture.

i can't wait to PERFORM BRUTAL TAKEDOWNS

lmao this is hatred with aaa money

yeah they would asians love american music especially the hip hop industry why is this weird for you

Love how everyone watching you perform the takedowns just falld on the ground like retards.

>A NON LETHAL TAKEDOWN IS ALWAYS THE MOST SILENT TAKEDOWN

Fuck this uncle tom game.

obviously not. thats a big job for some generic shit game #12387534234568909000

I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to be honest: I won't play it because the lead is a nigger.

I can't relate to black people as protagonists in video games, and I'd rather not play the game at all if that's what I'm forced to do.

>Look up who is making Mafia 3
>Director: Haden Blackman
>Prior games
>All Garbage except for producing Star Wars Galaxies

This faggot made that horrible Star Wars The Force Unleashed, one of the blandest third person action games in recent memory.

Why did he get the keys to Mafia? Why does this guy get to continue making video games? He sucks.

discord.gg/gk8uwnc

I can see the back of the box now:
>You can now cleanse whitey!

>Blackman

Closet-nigger.

>tfw alt-rights are more sensitive than SJWs

You know, Asia is literally getting more diverse by the day. The old principles are dying with the older population.

Yeah, the west will fall first, but the japs aren't more than a decade behind.

lol what are you talking about
its all about bantz

Same here, and I am black. That character is some suburb-kid- uncle-tom type shit. So on top of the characters race and visual appearance being full on sjw fantasy, you have that shit other shit sandwich chew on. What was their target demographic? Any black dude who objectively looks at this game will see west coaster propaganda, white people just won't give a shit either way. Dev's should have stuck to the mafia theme of the previous games.

You should look up the reason why did he stop writing for DC.

Rare to meet a black man I agree with. Rare to meet any man I agree with.

I've never actually had a problem with this in the past but I really don't understand this. To be in the Mafia you have to actually have Italian blood. This genuinely feels shoe-horned.

Then you likely don't care about vidya, like an sjw

He's not in the mafia. He's in a black mob similar to The Council and he's getting revenge on one of the Italian mobs who fucked over his group while trying to build relations with other families.

One is allowed to have preferences. It's when one forces those preferences on others it's a problem.

That's some good headcanon you have there.