Want to play game

>want to play game
>keep getting drowned in garbage cutscenes trying to tell a story i have zero interest in

why does every game from this company suffer from this problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TBH_Yo5sSEI
youtube.com/watch?v=bQU6VHij4vQ&list=PLT4J6Od-Gf74rY9AMkr_gfrpDXbSCbc-h&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=-BoTJXWx2lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying skip option isn't there

>doesn't know how to skip cutscenes.

i do know this. why do they waste so much time crafting such terrible stories, dialouge, and cutscenes though? this game has more cutscenes than any given sony cinematic game. i think after i beat this game im checking out from platinum.

Definitely one of the Bayo games' major faults. Even with the skip option, there are some aggravating sections in 2 with Loki where it's just Cutscene (skip) walk ten feet Cutscene (skip) etc.

I like God Hand and DMC's approach way better. They usually just have one cutscene at the start and end of a mission which actually makes them enjoyable to watch.

Japanese story tellers these days fucking suck because they didn't grow up in harder times like post war Japan.

I finished Ninja Gaiden 3 last night and I still don't know what the fuck was the point of the story or who is who.

To get past this you need to accept action games on the level of b-movie action flicks.

This goes for most other games forcing a story like the Last of Us, Gears of War, Halo, killzone, resistance, etc.

The last of us, gears, and halo (up to reach anyway) have great stories though. Japanese are just very repetitious by nature and this extends to their story types and telling. Its at a point where you can guess how a character will be just by the voice actor they use or an eye direction they give the character.

>that delusion

Bayonetta's cutscenes are ____fun____

Oh, a weebcuck. Carry on then

>The last of us, gears, and halo (up to reach anyway) have great stories though.
These are all shit, but shit that appeals to a different demographic.

>fuck was the point of the story
basically Ryu killed a lot of dudes in previous games and is guilt tripped with a curse that slowly kills him and learn what it means to be a Ninja
also it's implied that he will be a surrogate daddy for a loli

If there's anyone that knows how to do cutscenes its Platinum. They are short, mostly straight to the point, fun and full of action. Shit like Final Fantasy is a whole other story.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBH_Yo5sSEI
shame this shit is unskippable on PC

Why is the lighting always so bad in these?

>skip shitty cutscenes to get to shitty spam-R2 gameplay

storytelling has ruined video games.
When will someone come to save us from lore and return to the realm of pure gameplay

This
Devil may cry cutscenes are just short things to introduce bosses, or some crazy shit going on. It gets the point across but doesn't slow the game down

why do you talk about games you haven't played?

hurr durrrr

>buy game
>be shit at it
>shitpost about it like an angry 10 year old

There's literally no way you can be shit at this game when you have a dedicated "SLOW DOWN TIME" button.

The story is fun, quit being a faggot.

well you've got a camera dont ya buddy?

take a picture of all your platinum trophies

I don't 100% shit games, bud. Sorry your autism has reached critical levels such as that.

Why are Bayofags so triggered when people point out their two-button combat? Shit might as well be on a Sega Genesis. Not like 70% of the cutscenes are moving models either.

There isn't even enough lewd to keep any hetero man interested.

>the game is easy
>i didn't beat it tho

:^)

you actually have to time your dodges that you get punished for spamming, scrubby

I get bored after a couple missions of doing the same thing. It's Kingdom Hearts 2 tier button mashing.

(^:

>pure gameplay
pure gameplay sucks dick as well

you need some story as a backdrop for whatever the fuck you're doing

Dragon's Dogma and Bloodborne did that very right for example imo

>it actually has a function to prevent you from spamming it
you'd know that if you actually played the game

This is true. But this does not remove the fact that the combat is shallow. Just stand still and wait for an enemy to attack you, then press R2 and spam triangle.

>not liking Bayonetta's cutscenes
what are you, gay?

You don't get to comment on combat when you haven't even completed a single run through of normal.

>What's this shit? You just dash away then mash triangle and everything dies, the enemies are so slow

>people hate bayonetta now
but it's fun
youtube.com/watch?v=bQU6VHij4vQ&list=PLT4J6Od-Gf74rY9AMkr_gfrpDXbSCbc-h&index=6

it's because of Smash and the sequel being on the WiiU. I miss the old Bayonetta threads...

stop acting like you or anyone in this thread can do that

Anons, look: Blu-ray. PS3 version. Nobody can blame him.

>keep getting drowned in garbage cutscenes trying to tell a story i have zero interest in
>every game from this company suffer from this problem
>Implying this isnt one of the greatest cutscenes in all of vidiya
youtube.com/watch?v=-BoTJXWx2lg

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games and I skipped every single cutscene. Just press the damn button.

>press start
problem literally solved
you're not forced to watch them, so stfu

>from this company
every
fucking
Game
Does
this
you fucking troll

Agreed OP, Bayonetta is plagued with too much cutscene/QTE/set piece shit.

It hurts the experience.

Dude, Bayo 1 and 2 have more cutscenes than gameplay from how long and numerous they are.

The PS3 version is so bad and broken that Kamiya has called it the worst mistake of his career, it's that bad.

broken how

Gotta agree with OP here. I love Bayo, the gameplay and I liked the story but it was in your face way too much with the overabundance of cutscenes, especially near the end.

Now I feel depressed that I will never get that good

Lots of samefaggin going on

>playing game
>getting drowned in a tsunami of poorly written "ironic" meme dialogue barely 30 minutes in
>skip 90% of it
>game is somehow much better without it
Go ahead, guess the game

Metal Gear?!

If you haven't guessed already, it's intentionally over the top and campy.
The best part? You don't have to give a fuck about the story and just enjoy the gameplay.

Maybe in Bayonetta 2? But past the half way mark you have to be a lot more creative with your timings and placement. If you want a challenge the game will give you it bro.

Its your fault for playing shitty games that are literally a pile of garbage