ITT: Undeniable masterpieces

ITT: Undeniable masterpieces.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQHsmiFJqJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not even mad that they fixed the weapon duplicator glitch.

But Witcher 3 was a pile of shit on all fronts, user. There was not a single thing about it that was not mediocre.

this. Usually when Cred Forums hates a popular game there's good reason but they're truly just being contrarians here. Witcher 3 is a masterwork that just happens to also have popular appeal.
probably one of the few games that deserve to enter a country's cultural canon.

you tried

>that haircut
>that armor

Kill yourself

only because ramza is so fuckable

>just being contrarians

>story so shitty the author of the novels had to publicly distance himself from it
>shitty exposition everywhere
>fucking exposition vision
>short side quests packed with even more shit exposition
>90% of the "content" is POIs
>shit combat
>pigshit disgusting handholding mechanics like dotted lines on the minimap leading you to quests that your stuck with because the NPCs are to busy giving you shitty exposition to give you proper directions on how to travel somewhere
>shit crafting system
>shit itemization
>big empty world
Wow, what a fucking masterpiece, how could I have been so wrong all along?

> that haircut
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
laughingtidus.gif
AHAHAHAHAHAH

>that hair

You should have spared yourself the effort and simply shot yourself.

no
no
no
no
no
low quality bait

>story so shitty the author of the novels had to publicly distance himself from it
Actually he's salty as fuck because game became way more popular than books and he gets nothing from game sales. He's a laughing stock in Poland right now.

Right, polish shill. I'm the one who needs to shoot myself. Not you, the one who will run out of food once that sweet, sweet witcher money stops flowing into your country. I bet you work in a sweat shop making Geralt dildos for a living.

Holy fuck I hope you're not serious. You sound as embarrassing as normie/casual fags that made similar claims about Skyrim.

>I bet you work in a sweat shop making Geralt dildos for a living.

Why you people always make a problem when a country other than US or Japan makes a game considered good.

first skyrim, now this, overrated to the moon by redditors and normies

Story is better than the books if you ask almost any literary expert. If you knew better you'd know that the author is butthurt as fuck that people started associating the franchise with the games.
>shitty exposition everywhere
not particularly
>complaints about optional content
>shit combat
the combat is pretty good. Action RPGs very rarely have combat of this level. It's not the best but it's above and beyond functional.
>complaining about optional content
>shit crafting
I'd agree with the crafting, but it's just run of the mill, and not really important
>big empty world
Yeah, first of all the world is obviously not empty, there's a shit ton of fully realized side quests and all villages are stuffed with villagers. Are you complaining it's not a miniature content like skyrim? of course a huge region like this will have fields and forests that aren't overpopulated. This isn't some kinda unrealistic miniature continent like skyrim where the cities have 12 people but somehow every nook and cranny has a half-assed npc. It's a strong point that they portray demographic and scale somewhat believably.

This is honestly true.

Skyrim is overrated, yes. TW3 is a straight up masterpiece. I don't see how you can compare them. If we judge them by production value alone it's like comparing Pixels(skyrim) and Lord of The Rings(The Witcher 3).

It's objectively not good. Why are yuropoors always so desperate to convince everyone a game is good when it's made in their country? Are you people really that insecure?

Don't use Stoklasa images to parrot bad opinions, he's sacred.

Skyrim is backed up by the mod community
This game is backed up because its good
Its literally one of the few hope left to gaming industry especially AAA part not to turn completely shitty as they are nowdays, yet Cred Forums still hate on it

Short haired Geralt

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In no particular order

Metal Gear Solid 2
Silent Hill 2
Wipeout
Gran Turismo 2
Final Fantasy X
Tenchu 2 (level creator)
Tekken 3
Spyro 2
Crash Bandicoot 2
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Team Buddies
Journey
The Last of Us
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (multiplayer)
Duke Nukem 3D
Parasite Eve
Mafia

>europe
>a country

Skyrim

I think pajama sam is a masterpiece of several things.

Undertale

Nice haircut taste, got exactly the same + goatee

Looks fine as shit with a nilfgardian armor

It's not about being European or not. You people make it like only Europeans play European games and it's some kind of national pride, while The Witcher 3 was really popular even in Japan. Hell, he even became the only western video game character in top 10 of "the most popular PS protagonists" in Dengeki.

that's because he written like a japanese character, of course they would like him

>nep in second
holy shit how can japan be so patrician

>Action RPGs very rarely have combat of this level
Yes they do. You're obviously an underage that doesn't know shit. Diablo was released 20 years ago and even that has better combat than this game.
>fully realized side quests
Chapter 2 of BG2 has more hours worth of side quests than Witcher 3 in it's entirety and 90% of them are exponentially better and feel like genuine adventures.
>stuffed with villagers
Villagers that have no actual dialogue and are copy-pasted. Saw a random peasant villager that used a the same exact model as a key character from a previous chapter while I was playing which was really jarring and started noticing it a lot after that. I don't know how you fuck up this bad. Maybe they exported the world building to pajeets and just gave them a bunch of assets to use without really explaining anything.

witcher 1&2 sucked ass is this one better?

>Diablo
Not even remotely comparable and also not as good gameplay.
>Chapter 2 of BG2 has more hours worth of side quests than Witcher 3 in it's entirety and 90% of them are exponentially better and feel like genuine adventures.
for one, no they don't. And also, no they don't.

true
true
almost

I know I am responding to a shitposting satire, but I really liked how realistically Sapkowski actually portrayed the age of people in Witcher books. Geralt is around 95, Regis around 500. Each race and age is portrayed well, with appropriate character development as the characters age. Books (in original, not english translation) are much better than games though.

Pic not related.

this is a meme, how in the world are the books better? The games beat them on everything, even the parts that have prose.

I don't know what the hell are you talking about. The main series are really among the best fantasy books.

True, but that doesn't mean they can keep up with the games. The writing is just better, plain and simple.

>Not even remotely comparable and also not as good gameplay.

>Witcher 3 """"""""""""""""gameplay"""""""""""""""" is spamming quick attack and being nearly invincible at the highest difficulty
>Diablo gameplay is slaying hordes of monsters with tons of abilities
Not as good gameplay, though, right?

>for one, no they don't. And also, no they don't.
Yes they do. I replayed it like a week after I played Witcher 3 and they absolutely do. Why don't you actually play the game, faggot?

>spamming quick attack and being nearly invincible
have you even played the game?
that never works

TW1 is the only game with writing that comes close to being as good as the books.

I've played both, else I wouldn't make an opinion on it. Baldurs Gate 2 has lots of content but the writing isn't nearly as good or polished as TW3. It's clear they were very inexperienced writers so sometimes it's a bit cringy. By no means is baldurs gate 2 bad though, it's just not on the level, it doesn't have the same amount of thought and depth.
>diablo """"gameplay""" is just holding down a button or spamming abilities
>Witcher 3 gameplay is dodging and using an array of versatile abilities, accessories and combat techniques that are applicaple to varying degrees depending on the situation, with tighter and more responsive controls and opponents

No, it goes like this. Hearts of stone>>witcher 3> Witcher 1=The Books(If you can pick up on the undertones in TW1, it seems a lot of it flew right over the heads of most players)>Blood And Wine>>>>>>>>>>>Witcher 2

youtube.com/watch?v=pQHsmiFJqJc
>witcher 3 has bad writing
baka

>tfw you understand what O'dimm is

>. If we judge them by production value alone

And why the hell would we do that?

We shouldn't. But that's just one point that shows how incomparable they are.

It absolutely works every fucking time. Was the incredibly dumbed down talent tree to hard for you to figure out? Or was it the incredibly dumbed down potion system? Or was it the incredibly dumbed down crafting system? You can literally mow down everything. It's so fucking easy. I got through 95% of the game just mashing quick attack.

>the writing isn't nearly as good or polished as TW3
>muh writing is what makes quests good

>first quest in the first inn in BG2
>someone mentions inn has a backroom with shady things going on
>talk to shady guy next to back door and convince him I'm cool enough to go in
>find slaves back there
>start murdering everyone
>break out slaves and lead a charge as we fight our way back to the main room of the inn
>slaves take the inn over
>discover a secret door on my way back
>talk to one of the slaves and find out it leads to a sewer system that connects a slave trading ring throughout the city
>go through sewer murdering mercenaries and sewer monsters
>find a crazy old man with a giant worm for a friend
>kill the giant worm, rip out his guts, and use them to solve a puzzle
>puzzle gives me a possessed sword that talks shit
>continue on and wind up on a pirate ship
>slay the crew and release some slave children
>give the children gold on their way out
>druid sees this and her panties get wet
>kill some weird snake people that were buying the children at the back of the ship
>go back to the inn and get praised as a hero

>every witcher 3 quest
>exposition
>maybe some exposition vision afterwards
>kill some things if I'm lucky
>probably some more exposition and/or exposition vision
>return to quest giver

fucking wow, 10/10 goty

bottom half was a reply to

>Saw a random peasant villager that used a the same exact model as a key character from a previous chapter while I was playing

It's exactly the same in the first Wicher game.

funny cuz i finished the game 3 days ago and that never worked
you probably played it on a old bugged patch where all of the bait in these threads comes from

I really just don't understand how it happens with an 80 million dollar budget. I can understand reusing villagers you don't actually interact with in a meaningful way, but that was just fucking terrible. It blows my mind that people can actually praise this game.

I love how you sidestep the actual issues brought up and then go on about the writing.

Cred Forums Also hates skyward sword and praise twilight princess, if that's not being a contrarian i don't even know

I understand if you guys hate on Skyrim but to do the same on Witcher 3 is ridiculous. And the arguments all of you give are simple nitpicking. So what if it has reusable villagers or some flaws in the game? BG2 had flaws. Half Life 2 had flaws. All games have flaws but I don't see any of you bringing those up.

>Cred Forums praises twilight princess
I don't think Cred Forums praises anything past WW and even that gets a lot of hate.

Every sly game is actually, unironically fucking unbearable garbage if youre over 10 years old

>fuccboi haircut

>All games have flaws but I don't see any of you bringing those up.
Because Witcher 3 had far more flaws than positives. The whole game is a boring AAA shit show that was obviously focus tested to death. I would have loved for it to be a good game, but it genuinely wasn't. It fucked up on so many levels, even the most basic of design principles. It was just flat out bad, user.

Impossible all videogames are shit

Very mediocre unfinished gameplay tied to an inane VN. Explored everything out of some misplaced sense of duty, but didn't finish. Don't think I got past chapter 2.

Yeah fuck videogames

greenlists of flaws are always the sign of a great game

story behind this?
he looks sad

No, just this videogame. It's clearly not as well made or enjoyable as many other videogames.

No fuck you all videogames are for retarded manchilds, grow up and install gentoo

>WoW: Burning Crusade

Daily reminder that Burning Crusade is the expansion when the lore got fucked.

Is this what W3 defense has become?

Gothic 2: NotR
Star Wars: Battlefront
Warcraft: Frozen Throne

>Cred Forums
>valid arguments
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you funny i kill u last

How did you manage to make your Geralt look that fucking gay?

I don't own videogames what the fuck are taluni about, shitposting > playing vidia

fuck off loser lmao

>literally incapable of imagining someone wouldn't like the game

marketing 101

Ahahahah XD

>the combat is pretty good

Oh come on now. Is it really that fun to spam light-light-roll/Quen even on the highest difficulty?

It's obvious. Cred Forums loved every Witcher until TW3 turned out to be such a success and some vocal minority here got swayed by few raging redditors and polacks (worst haters of TW3) mad that their favorite franchise (be it Soulborne, MGS, Fallout or anything that came out in 2015) got it's ass handed to it by Witcher.

At this point it's just parroting shitty opinions.

Also, pic related

WE FUCKING GET IT, YOU LIKE THIS GAME.
MOVE ON YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS
IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 FUCKING YEARS

>faggy haircut
>griffin armour

0/10 please stop playing

no

WE FUCKING GET IT.
YOU HATE THIS GAME.
MOVE ON YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.
IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 FUCKING YEARS.

Morrowind is objectively better than Gothic 2 in every way desu senpai.

incorrect.

Name one thing Gothic 2 did better. You can even include the expac that made the game not complete shit.

the combat.

One could say that failing like that might be considered a art.

NPCs.

>objectively
no.

I think it's not.

G2:
>much better combat
>better dialogue
>more interesting and dense world - ideal size
>your character actually has a personality beyond "self insert silent protgonist"
>similar or even bigger variety of creatures in wild.
>Khorinis shits all over any settlement of Morrorwind.
>most other settlements of G2 are too much more climatic and better thought out than anything in TES 3
>MUCH higher difficulty level, yet still not bullshit-tier
>side stories actually interesting
>atmosphere, especially at night.

Morrorwind:
>bigger map
>better spells system
>slightly more detailed stats/abilities
>better armors (only customizaton-wise - there are mosre slots. As for looks - point for G2.)

memorable characters, less shitty combat, a smaller yet more engaging world than the open world of morrowind, linear story that blows the "do whatever you want" narrative out of the water.

the atmosphere is superior as well, it just feels like you have relationships with all the important characters in the damn game while in morrowind every single npc you interact with in morrowind is an interchangable cutout save for a few exceptions

Objectively wrong. There is an incredible amount of stuff going on under the hood behind every sword swing in Morrowind. The amount of depth, which also adds lots of room for character building and role playing, is pretty staggering and that's not even taking the superb magic system into consideration. Include that and Morrowind combat blows Gothic 2's combat out of the water. The only people that hate it are those that couldn't wrap their head around it and wound up constantly missing.

Can somebody give me other well written representations of the devil?

it's not that morrowind did combat bad. it's that gothic 2 has the best combat of ANY game, EVER.

>better dialogue
Was the yuropoor non-english version different from the burgerclap version? Because it was really fucking cheesy and bad when I played.

...But it was literally just wacking something a couple of times, moving backwards until it attacked, rinse, repeat.

Witcher 3 was alright at best

it only stands out because 2015 was a fucking abysmal year for AAA releases

You need to be over 18 to be on Cred Forums.

god tier

You're full of shit.

If you want combat that has "lots of stuff going under the hood" then go and play something with competent combat system, like Mount & Blade.

Morrowind might have some math behind it, but whoeverdid it was incompetent fuck. Not to mention this game doesn't pose any challenge to the player, whie you can get fucked by the very first enemies you ecounter in G2.

Combat in Morrowind is literally the same as in later Bethesda releases - no weight, no fun. It's all just nostalgia goggles.

2015 was a great year and only seemed mediocre because of TW3 making everything else pale.
>Soma
>Undertale
>Xenoblade
>Fallout 4
>Bloodborne
>MGS5
While not all great games (especially Fallout 4 was horrendous) you can't deny that they could all have EASILY taken most GOTY awards in 2014 or 2013

>that filename

Jesus Christ.

>Morrowind might have some math behind it, but whoeverdid it was incompetent fuck
How so? It's basically table top rules with some added depth.
> this game doesn't pose any challenge to the player
Then why does neo-Cred Forums always bitch that it's hard? In all seriousness though, if you really want a serious challenge try the Rebirth mod.
>you can get fucked by the very first enemies you ecounter in G2
And you're saying I'm wearing nostalgia goggles? Gothic 2 combat was simple as fuck.

>90% of the "content" is POIs
>play with POIs hidden
>50 hours in I'm only like halfway through the game

I'm replaying through this now on ps3 it's a lot easier than I remembered but still pretty fun

>reading the books
>Ciri about to get raped
>chick comes along and kicks the rapist away
>the chick then starts raping Ciri

What the fuck

>50 hours
The main story is 25 hours long tops. Unless you're autistically exploring the empty map inch by inch I'm not sure how this is even possible.

I'm doing basically everything, just not POIs. So all the sidequests and contracts and all the treasure hunts even if I'm only going to be using one of the sets. I'm also trying to collect all the gwent cards so I challenge every gwent player until I beat them. And I also did a run through all the places I hadn't been to in Velen / Novigrad before moving onto Skellige and found some additional quests and interesting areas from that.

On top of that I generally like taking my time when I play games. Do a slow walk through areas from time to time just to soak in the atmosphere.

I think if you spend 25 hours on this game you are rushing the fuck out of it, just running from objective to objective and not doing much inbetween, and if that's the case I can understand why you wouldn't like the game much.

around dykes never relax

>Do a slow walk through areas from time to time just to soak in the atmosphere
Sometimes I can hardly believe how cringey witcherfags are.

>taking your time to appreciate good vidya design is cringey

Out you go normie.

I'm sitting on 250 hours currently and I haven't finished blood and wine yet

It's not a race, but that's still pretty pitiful.

>Pajama Sam
>Masterpiece
I don't know man, I played through a few of them a while ago and they're very dated. The animation and voice acting really isn't that good.

I am closing in at 400hours and I still havent done all the questions marks at blood and wine. Best game I have ever played.

I must be missing something because I think the Witcher is shit, I've beaten the first one, It sucked, I couldn't play more than two hours of the second one, and the third one had no appeal to me, I think it's the combat, but I really really want to like these games

bloodborne is the mario of current gen

Amazing game. I'm still fucking mad at EA for cocking up the sequel.

>playing Blizzard games for anything but gameplay

People can be edgy contratians all the they like, it's just pathetic.
Meanwhile Witcher 3 is legitimately the best game of all time and is by far and away the best in nearly every field it dips its feet into.

I think it's one of the few games that make this medium rise above being simple toys and into art. Alongside Planetscape Torment. These games; these are Art.

Planescape Torment*

Game deserves a 14/10 with more awards.

The is no other rpg which can compete against this master piece.

Witcher 3 is nowhere near as popular with the casual crowd as Skyrim

'I'm salty that there are people with different opinions than I, who enjoyed the more focused story and better graphics of W2."