Mech general

Give me a better designed mech in the entirety of vidya. Oh, wait, you can't because

>railgun that can launch a kinetic penetrator rod at retarded speeds instead of a nuke and instakill any other mech out there
>actual armor that can take multiple hits from armor piercing weapons without crumbling to dust (hello, shitty Mechwarrior ablative "armor")
>highly sophisticated VR cockpit system that is meant to combat the biggest weakness of any mech design - exposed cockpit with next to no armor on it (again, hello shitty Mechwarrior mechs)
>mobile and fast as fuck for its weight, can actually strafe

youtube.com/watch?v=wA02xxwaOH8

Metal Gear Rex is superior to any mechwarrior Assault mech and shits on any other Japanese flying or high mobility mechas made of cardboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBwq1n6vsXU
vocaroo.com/i/s0FPr6AnhUOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Armored cores would utterly annihilate Rex.

They have all features of Rex but far more advanced.

And you're flat out wrong if you think Rex is more durable than any other mech series.

youtube.com/watch?v=PBwq1n6vsXU

>Armored cores
If they can become airborne, they're made of cardboard, no exceptions. You can't deny physics even in a sci-fi setting where super advanced materials with very good strength/weight ratio exist, because these advanced materials can also be used in the creation of more advanced anti-armor weaponry, which will always shit on any armor that can be made airborne.

Nah. You're seriously retarded if you think Rex would stand a chance against any armored core.

Stop fanboying.

What're some upcoming indie mech games?
I know about that UE4 tech demo thing and that Code Hardcore kickstarter but thats all.

Don't make me post the power man image you pathetic nerds.

epic thread autist

My nigga right here.

Although I always thought that opening was kind of fucked, I mean look at what Raven tries to do. They did a better job when it was Berlioz in AC4's intro.

how can western mech even compete?

>power man image

Post it.

Suck my uranium-armored cock, faggot.

And yet it got destroyed by one man.

HBS is making a tactical Battletech game.

>in order to harm the "pilot" you have to get to the core of the mech (sarcophagus) and the pilot is dead anyway so it doesn't matter
>immediate superhuman reactions due to superior futuristic design
>piloted only by the most experienced of combatants
>can be fitted with a wide array of weapons, from power fists to flamethrowers
>powered by the will of The Emperor
How can other mechs even compete?

>shitty, useless limbs that are impossible to armor properly that serve no purpose except being easily blown off and make the AC defenseless
>carries a shitheap of highly flammable and explosive fuel to become airborne
>can be easily damaged from simply bumping into things with visible armor indentations and ablation

It's shit m8. A single missile launched by Rex would turn your shitty mecha into a flaming wreck, while it's airborne and a single kinetic rod launched from Rex's railgun would pass through it without even noticing its "armor"

You clearly have no knowledge of the armored core series m8.

>implying you can even walk without Mantis pulling your strings

Top kek.

You forgot to add
>no taller than an inch

All other mechs would just step on it.

It's not to scale!

>highly exposed cockpit that literally screams SHOOT ME

>How can other mechs even compete?

The creators of mechs said that anything below 3 meters is power armour, not a mech.
Sorry, but the Gods have spoken.

NEXTs have special shielding made from exotic particles that are extremely good at blocking what you just mentioned, and said exotic particles can also erode any solid material within hundreds of meters of the NEXT. So no, it's not quite that simple

>mobile and fast as fuck for its weight, can actually strafe
confirmed for made of paper and no armor

Armored Cores are powered by a special type of particle. It's not flammable and has a lot of weird properties that make it ideal as an energy source for a mech (for example, they ignore gravity and are capable of floating).

Yeah, it feels like somebody actually put a lot of thought into REX design. Very nice attention to detail. Build like a good tank.

a good tank doesnt have legs

can someone explain how rex picks up ray with it's mouth when snake is sitting there

>Height: 3.7m
Eat shit.

Because that part of the game is retarded.

Rex should have been blown the fuck out and Ray not completely shitstomping it is just proof of how fanservice pandering and terrible MGS4 is.

I dunno, maybe it might be able to take on an AC from the classic series before 4. Hell, maybe it could even fight a first gen NEXT for a few seconds. A NEXT with For Answer tech? Nah, that retarded nigger needs to quit spewing false bullshit.

I actually just finished playing through both AC4/4A and the MGS collection too. Also if this is a thinly veiled attempt at mech discussion, is ACV/VD worth buying?

>Thought
>Mech

lel grow up and join the superior tank master race.

I love mechs, but they're stupid.

>confirmed for made of paper and no armor
Wrong. The radome (the shell containing Rex's radar antenna) is the part that is the most poorly armored on the entire Rex frame. It's the part that is literally impossible to armor properly, because it needs to be radio-transparent for the radar antenna to work. However, it still took multiple Stinger missiles AND multiple plasma projectiles from Gray Fox's hand cannon to destroy. The rest of the mech was literally impenetrable even to Fox's plasma cannon.

not so fast

also NEXT are not waterproof

Armored core 2 and 3 mech are even more advanced than shit in 4.

2 and 3 take place much further in the future and tech is even more advanced at that point.

Tanks>Mechs

Actually, I left out 3-4 meters.

No, I'm serious.
>At the same time, Okawara was thinking along the same lines and he too thought 4 meters was the smallest size where a mecha could still have a pilot and be a mecha. So we both agreed at that time that 4 meters was the right size for a realistic mecha.

Say what you want about MWO, the mech redesigns are pretty good.

>lel

average tankfag

V is shit, don't get it. VD has dead online, but the story is alright, so if you can get it for 20 bucks I'd say go for it.

>Thanatos is still not in the game

The fuck are they thinking not including the best mech?

>tanks

Go home kiddo, before you get blown up by some raghead's IED.

Delete this.

vocaroo.com/i/s0FPr6AnhUOw

>brings a tank to a mech fight

For me, Sahelanthropus always be like a Skullgreymon version of REX.

I can see that.

>tfw no new Armored Core 6 this year
>tfw no new ZOE this year
>tfw no new mech games in west this year
At least there's next year, right? Maybe next year at E3 we'll finally get what we wish for.

Can't have something from the future sadly. The current year in the game is 3051, so you'll have to wait ten years.

Fuck man, good memories. I was always partial to EU walkers because I much prefer the BRRRRTTT over slav/chink pulseguns.

They're not stupid. They're huge!

You and I both know that won't happen.

MGS is quite possibly the cringest franchise in vidya

>Fuck man, good memories.

You know 2142 finally just came back online right?

IED's can't damage a modern tank retard. Kill or wound a crew from the shockwave sure but the tank would still be usable.

>IED's can't damage a modern tank retard
Mongoloid, a single shaped charge IED would punch through any tanks lower hull like through molten cheese. IED's aren't always simple artillery bombs wired up to a detonator, you know?

Nope, but that's fuckin' fantastic. Holy fuck.

>You know 2142 finally just came back online right?

wat

Last I played was in 2015 and it was still there

the community turned to shit last time i played 2142.
bannings left right and center for team damage/base assulting/out of order objective assulting/being to close to the admins on the score borde

wait are the feet on backwards on that pic? Or is the torso doing a 180?

>meanwhile Mechs tip over from an IED

lmao

What is the wost series of mechs? Zoids comes to mind.

I never noticed how weird the Griffins feet looked until now

fuck you zoids are cool

Saving costs on designing.
Redraw the feet from other mechs but use the other profile.
When implemented in the game, they just flipped the model and voila.

Basically they ask 40$ for a single virtual game item, skimp on production wherever possible and people still buy it.
It's commendable at just how great they are at milking retards.

>you can't because...
>Mary Sue abilities
Shit taste, Op.

Strongest vidya mechs coming through

Wanzers are like shitty versions of ACs, they have all the weaknesses and shitty design decisions without the the retarded supertech that makes ACs strong. They're shit.

Anything that has human proportions.

>without the the retarded supertech that makes ACs strong
That makes them less retarded. Enjoy your plebeian fanfiction tier designs though.

Also, Wanzers are so poorly armored they can be canonically destroyed by rifle-wielding infantry. Top fucking kek.

Oh and you know it supports BF2 right? Your accounts can be interchangeable if you want to download both

Bretty cool network, a bit more people on 2142 right now though obviously

thanks dox

gayest mechs you mean

>Your fictional grounded mecha is so weak compared to fan-wank tech
kys, nerd.

>BBC POC

what did you mean by this?

Rex is way sexier though. Even if sally is sleeker in bipedal mode.

Shame it couldn't even hit a NEXT before it's in two pieces.

>He likes morbidly obese mechas
Disgusting. Sal is sexy and slim. He deserves better than you.

Mah nigga

>Your fictional grounded mecha is so weak compared to fan-wank tech

I don't get it.
Why would you want to ground fan-wank tech so much.
All giant robots are fictional, just like space fighters or magic... there is really no "wrong way" to do them.

Sahelanthropus has some meaty thighs.

This.

>all the other mechs busy gloating over how good they are
>these guys can put up factories that makes mechs several times larger than trees at a constant high rate
>can build experimental units larger than skyscrapers

Hey I've been looking for an HD version of that for a while. Everywhere else is shitty 2007-era 240p. Thanks nigga.

what animu

but 08th MS Team > Code Geass, dude
Patlabor > Gundam Seed

Anyone else here playing Brigador? I'm finding it extremely fun.

I like Wanzers because the Evolve designs reminded me of the heavy HRL MS from 00. Also because VOTOMS-tier skating.

>without the retarded supertech that makes ACs strong

Like what? What sort of AC?

Nigger, I like both series but that's a retarded fucking argument. It's not plebeian or fanfiction tier when the entire premise of the series is based on customizing your own fucking robot using an array of parts or if it's self-contained within the setting or story, just like how FM isn't a fanfiction retelling of a typical Gundam story using ATs. (I've seriously seen some people try to claim that)

Just saying. I hate seeing /m/-war wankery as much as you do.

Cool, looks like something from Macross.

But 08th MS Team is the worst of the UC OVAs. The realistic style would be cool if the things that actually happened weren't so insultingly badly written.
Now go watch Flag, that's some real fucking robot for you.

Heard u talkin shit
>small enough to get around square-cubed law
>jetpack for limited gliding and Grav Ski-ing
>2 weapon hardpoints for easy configurable loadouts
>Transparent Orange fucking energy chainsaw

What are the hands for?

backup SMG and holding the chainsaw

Right here broheim

Spent my last mission circlestrafing around the block on a hoverbike while taking potshots at one of those flak-cannon walkers since I only had 5% or so of my health left. Was intense as fuck, ended up shredding an entire block between the crossfire and the shit it was demolishing as it came crashing through stuff trying to chase me.

Barely took it down in the end.

Also, why the fuck is every firing animation in this game so satisfying? They fucking nailed the sense of weight and force for nearly everything.

>square-cubed law

The "realistic" robots the likes of Gundam are designed by actual mechanical engineers who studied physics and know what square-cube law is.
Most people are just monkeys that parrot the word or, at best, understand the basic principle behind it... but nowhere does it state that giant stuff is impossible.

Look up tall buildings, gargantuan tanks/excavators or big dinosaurs.
It's also why Japanese could make a real 1:1 replic of Gundam, Alphonso from Patlabor or even super-robo stuff like the 15 meter Ironman-28.

this game looks incredibly ugly, also the dev whining like a bitch about the cost isn't helping

moving parts bruh, making a statue is different from making a vehicle.

How can other mechs compete?

Nigga what, the game looks pretty nice.

What do you mean by the dev bitching about the price though? Did they have a meltdown on twitter or something?

By being mechs.
Not mecha

It's like comparing superheros to cartoon characters
Armoured core 1-3 are mechs
4 onwards are practically mecha
Rex could take most cores from 1-3 with few exceptions
He wouldn't stand a chance in any game past 4

That's where the series changed. They aren't mechs anymore, 5 tried to make it change back but it just gimped everything

Hence the dinosaur/excavator examples.

It gets hard and definitely not for actual war (most stuff in games has nothing to do with war... 's why most people can't stand Arma games) situations but it's definitely possible to do.

You're never going to auto/ heal like in Call of Duty 2 or stop a space fighter without shooting reverse thrusters/falling to an atmosphere like in Free Space, but you most definitely can make a giant robot move as long as you get funding and proper technology.

he wrote a long autistic blog post about justifying the high price

>By being mechs.
>Not mecha

It's all giant robots.

oh yeah, the suspension of disbelief is generally required, i still love the majority of mechs.

if mecha ever get any real life combat niche, it'll probably end up being urban combat with 5-10m mechs at largest. Tanks and aircraft can't really operate there effectively.

>you will never captain a predatory Bagger 288 scouring the post apocalyptic wastelands for unlucky victims, chasing the remnants of NASA attempting to flee on their giant transport crawler.

Nice

Please stop. Don't ever do this again.

hey baby

I agree with him, what's your counterpoint

Arguing about terms for giant robots is the death of every fucking thread about them. You're all retarded.

>Mecha aren't mechs
Hello Titanfall dev

>tfw NEVER EVER

bump

That shit doesnt opperate on its own.
Did you even understood the story?

>By being mechs.
>Not mecha
the terms you're looking for are real and super

is there even a way to kill this boss without cheesing it with lightswords

It'd 0robably end up being shit like everything else associated with Muv-Luv

The UI looked pretty slick though