arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/08/dragon-age-origins-flying-onto-consoles/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/frenzied berserker/
youtube.com/watch?v=wOq6-1OLIyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HWajqBJ-82M
youtube.com/watch?v=x73W0b7IYEU
youtube.com/watch?v=gxYqLKBHW_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PoE is better.

PoE as is Path of Exile or Pillar of Eternity ?

Last good Bioware game

Where is the comparison?

Decent gameplay but it's drags a little and is full of "mature game for mature gamers" shit.

Pillars.

DA:O was biowares attempt to go back to the baldurs gate days. Pillars did a better jobs of it.

pretty good, came out in a time where there werent really any other crpgs out, pretty nice setting with some interesting themes and likeable party members. Plot is pretty standard gather the army bioware stuff. MC is really customizable and has a lot of roleplay potential and replayability. Has a terrible sequel and an alrightish third game from what I hear. I still want to play as my warden dammit.

This.

It was good and I find the humour really funny. Might decide to platinum it I have like 55% on it including all thw dlc and awakening.

Pretty good, especially on the gameplay department. Too bad everything else that spawned out of it was pure shit.

>try to modernize the classic crpg formula
>turns out successful
>abandon it for console action RPG with sequels
Why?

I think saying the management of Bioware are stupid is quite a massive understatement at this point

Because trying to captalize on that sweet money. You can't get more money unless you can play with a controller comfortably.

Because of shekels, don't be silly.

Mass Effect was more popular than Dragon Age.

Funny thing is I think origins is still the best selling dragon age game.

PoE is worse in virtually every single fucking aspect except for stat system itself and it's not much better as well.
They somehow managed to make even shittier itemization than in DAO for fuck's sake.

Doubt it.

I doubt that because of consoles. Console players buy A LOT of shit.

But it's not even close to the best selling Bioware game, it didn't even do half the sales that Mass Effect did.

While it wasn't a massive failure it was hardly a success either. Well, by EA standards it was hardly a success.

mediocre to the bone, play BG2

It without a doubt outsold 2. Inquisition might have done better but it's probably close.

Well, Mass Effect was good too. But it was their last good fantasy rpg. DA2 almost made me puke blood because I was so angry with it.

Two was utter shit, everyone agreed on that.

Pretty good.

I didn't mind the fade despite it being long.

Now, I didn't like the Elven forest, fuck that noise

To be fair, I was playing my bitchin mage.

The actual thing about DAO was that it had a 5 year dev cycle, and with DA2 I believe they aimed for 1 1/2 - 2

It shows, but that's why they did it and why it cut so many corners

>that's why they did it and why it cut so many corners

No, they wanted every press of the button to be awesome. They were misguided from the start with DA2 and the short dev time is understandable since they have DAO and its engine as a groundwork to work from. The second game in a series often takes much less time to develop than the first.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc

People call it generic, but I still loved the story and the writing.

Origins is fantastic if you get Skip the Fade.

2 is pretty shit and the reuse of assets is inexcusable. I get reusing levels occasionally, but if it's been 5 hours since I've seen a new one you done fucked it.

Inquisition would have been better as an MMO and if you could do those timed council missions from the field instead of having to run back to Sky hold every time you beat one.

>Inquisition might have done better but it's probably close.

EA was very tight lipped about the actual sales numbers for Inquisition leading everyone to conclude it must be the worst performing entry to the franchise yet.

The closest they got to bragging about Inquisition was to say it was "the most successful launch in Bioware history" but then it turned out they weren't talking about sales, they were talking about the total amount of hours played.

10/10 story, replayability, writing and characters

Shit gameplay. Not that it stopped me from playing the shit out of it. I could still probably replay it to this day and get a blast out of it.

>Shit gameplay
Still better than BG, PoE and anything else with round-based RtwP combat desu.

It's an okay RPG. Writing isn't particularly good though.

It's true though. DA2 and DAI sold more on release day but DAO still sold the most overall.

So, out of curiosity, what exactly is so "not particularly good" about the writing?

Setting not too well designed, characters dislikeable, plot as generic as it gets.

Yeah it was weird of them to say it was the most successful launch but then to outright refuse to name any numbers.
Also, a good launch on Origin doesn't mean much. You can get a full refund within 24 hours.

>characters dislikeable
They're too likeable, if anything. Even the assassin turns out to be a loyal bro, for some stupid reason.

>better than BG

Maybe if you hate fun and challenge.

>Setting not too well designed
Not sure what you mean by this.
>characters dislikeable
Wrong but I can respect this opinion.
>plot as generic as it gets
You mean "gather the different nations under one banner"?

>10/10 story
HAAH WAAW

I like everything about it, except no matter what I put points into I could never land hits.

Also it seemed like if you didn't pick Cone of Cold you probably wouldn't beat most fights.

One of the best RPGs ever made.
Morrigan, Alistair and that bard girl are 10/10 waifus.

>Not sure what you mean by this.
It's poorly fleshed out and not particularly interesting. The art direction isn't great either.

>Wrong
It's very much right though.

>You mean "gather the different nations under one banner"?
Ancient evil awakes, player is the chosen one, etc.

You DO realise lore and story are part of the same package, right?

The broodmother reveal was fucking great, though. Thanks for proving my point.

They are not.
Games with amazing lore can actually have a shitty story to go through.
All the world building needs to amount to something

BG2 is literally ten times better
fuck off DAO babbies

>You DO realise lore and story are part of the same package, right?
And it's both shit.

>The broodmother reveal was fucking great
Not even that guy, but that was one of the worst parts of the whole game.

>Zevran asks me if I want a massage
>mfw I didn't realize what it meant until it was too late

Pillars is tedious safe bland garbage

yeah, no
copycat generic shit like the whole game

A great game with some very long, extended terrible bits

OK, now I just know your taste is terrible. Disliking the lore of DA is already bad enough, and this is coming from someone who's read Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, etc. but disliking the broodmother reveal? What the actual fuck?

Why don't you make a thread about it, then?

can we stop comparing shit to BALDURS GATE?

For fucks sake the game came out in like 1998 and is now completely obsolete, developed using very outdated design principles these games are the modern equivalent of silent cinema and unplayable in 2016

They were just romps, not RPG's, skyrim blows your "based old RPG" of the 1990's the fuck out every time

golden age of RPG i snow

I'm sorry your autism prevented you from picking up on social cues user.

Baldur's Gay is shit
and too sexist

Last numbers I saw put origins around 5 million and inquisition around 3 million. It's possible inquisition sold a couple million more since then.

is this guy for real? DAO had fucking abysmal story and lore
it's shitty GoT inspired D&D session tier
>hurr Archdemon evil ancient awakens

I'd rather talk about something of value and only shitpost here

I have an idea. Name me 2 other series (in case I don't know the first one) that you say has better lore than DA.

>it's shitty GoT inspired D&D session tier
you didn't even play the game
But I believe you. Clearly Undertale is the best game ever right Cred Forumsro?

in Biware games talking to a guy means youre gay

>a friend of the same sex can't give you a massage without fucking you in the ass
Yeah, "social cues".

but generic != bad
tolkien was all kinds of generic for instance

Only after EA acquisition

Cred Forums hates it now, but the story is good, and your choices in game actually play out in the final mission. As in what allies you have.

If you haven't played it go do your own research to see if you want to play it. After TOR and Dragon age 2 debacles Cred Forums pours scorn on anything from bioware now.

Back in the day Cred Forums fucking adored DAO. There used to be tons of "Witcher VS Dragon age" threads.

Now it's "Witcher vs Dark souls" threads.

>don't notice that Zevran is a huge faggot
Do you also complain Anders fucked you when you kept choosing the option with a big heart?

>wanting to let a guy massage you
Gaaay.

It really irked me that Bioware has no concept of platonic friendship.

I'm nice to plenty of people, but that doesn't mean I want to fuck them.
In fact, when I actually want to fuck them, being overly nice is one of the worst ways of going about it.

it was marketed as mature dark fantasy and fell flat on its face
hell, DaS has much better lore and half of it is fan theory
try playing something like Legacy of Kain and get some taste

Zervan is extremely flirty, you should of seen that coming user.
>Though bad writing would mean you ended up having sex in dragon age 2 even if you didn't want to.

>DaS
Shit taste detected
Here's a better idea
Play Undertale

>playing DA2
This was your first mistake.

>Zevran is a huge faggot
He swings both ways.

I have an idea, play any RPG that is actually praised for its story like PST, MotB, Betrayal at Krondor etc

user, you have to disguise your bait better. You should give more reasoning into why undertale is superior DAS series.

sure showed me

>He swings both ways.
Exactly
>you ended up having sex in dragon age 2 even if you didn't want to
But they made the romance option super obvious for retard like you

Okay
>Undertale
>MOTHERFUCKING BEST GAME EVER

>DaS
>weeb shit

>Legacy of Kain
>sparkling faggots

>Dragon Age
>sexist

Dragon Age Origins was a weird massive callback to older RPGs we will probably never see again in such scale.
I mean with all the DLC and expansion together.

Years pass and world moves on.
New trends come and usurp older ones.

>There used to be tons of "Witcher VS Dragon age" threads.
You only really started seeing those in 2010 or so, in the run-up to DAII and TW2. There was a time when we could all get along because we liked CRPGs.

no need to be so flustered Gaider

No they didn't, a lot of the complaining on Cred Forums and other places back in the day was that the only way to turn down sex was to be a complete shit about it. As in shouting at the character propositioning you "GO FUCK OFF! NO". Getting massive negative points with that character. There was no "I like you but, no lets be friends" option.

The other complaint was taking the "I like you but, no" options could still lead to unwanted sex.

This isn't a problem in DAO and DAI because I think they had more time with the writing.

The only good thing to come out of Dragon Age is Morrigan.

>TW3 vs DAI threads

Don't talk to me or my burger ever again

Well Dragon age 2 was a mess on release. Witcher 2 was a pc dream with a much better story.
Witcher 2 wiped the fucking floor with DA2
>Tons of threads were Dragon age fans dropped Dragon age to come over to Gerealt.

A good time to be alive.

>Getting massive negative points with that character. There was no "I like you but, no lets be friends" option.
Just like real life tbqh

nigga, DA vs TW threads was the worst shitflinging place to be

Dragon Age 2 would had worked really well as an episodic game

>gaider left bioware
>it turns out he was keeping bioware in check when every character in the next dragon age is a genderqueer pansexual

Yes. After DAII and TW2 were announced.

>TW3 vs DAI thread
I've never seen one of those threads. Stop being silly user. You know that image is from the original "Witcher vs DAO/DA 2" threads.

I actually think that DAI is a really good game and for anyone into RPG's they should give it a try.

The Witcher 3 is superior without debate however.

True power over your party is the ability to friendzone them user. This way you can maintain an ensemble of unrequited lovers ready to die for you.

And our son...I mean, her son and my character's...

There were plenty DAI vs TW3 threads around the release of DAI.

Generic does not mean bad. Well at least not all the time. A generic and bad game would be Never Winter Nights 2, and even there I found myself enjoying certain aspects.

shortly before DA2 and TW2 were even released there were multiple troll threads up any time of day

I liked it

Not as many between "Witcher VS DAO" back in the day however.
>I remember when witcher 1 and CDprojektred were the underdogs.

Great.

English is my second language and although I had a okay understanding of it certain social queues flew right over my head. I think I started a romance with Zevran 3 times before I caught on as to why.

nobody in their right mind thought DAI would be better at that point though.
it was mostly (you)-baiting, grafix downgrade butthurt, etc.
that's aside from blatant shilling of course.

generic doesn't mean bad if the work only became generic when everyone ele and his dog started copying it
see Tolkien

Baldur's Gate days... Just how fucking young are you, you miserable fuck?

Oh yeah, people were hyped because DAO was a good game as was Witcher 1. The expectations for both sequels was extremely high.
>All the disappointment threads for DA2
>EA astroturfers/shills going full damage control on this site.
>Witcher fags lapping up all the tears.

Man neo-anders just couldn't take no for an answer witout being pissy about it.

>I found myself enjoying certain aspects
like what?
not trying to start shit, genuine question.

What kinda friends do you have?

>baldurs gate is almost 20 years old

The classic RPG tradition was born long before Baldur's Gate.

It's like when the heroes defeat the villain only to discover he held back and even greater terror.

Story is good enough, could've been better if the setting wasn't so generic. Gameplay wise it's fucking 10/10.

My main gripe is that the level/quest design can be really bad at times. Still worth it though.

probably poorly drawn ones

>That cunt of a mother in law, Flemeth took away Kieran's destiny as a living god on earth

Still makes me mad.

I don't know about DA2 but it's really not that bad in DAI. Unless you are pushing for romance with a certain character that isn't going to happen. You have to actively choose the prompts and respond to positively to flirts if a character does flirt.

Even then you can make it pretty clear that you aren't interested in game. The gay character gets that and doesn't get massively offended like in DA 2.

Also DAI i'm pretty sure has a straight elf that will only bang female elves. So there is that.

Ok grandpa. Now go back to bed.

>you can cuck a young elf and he will kill himself after you tell him you were sampling the goods

10/10, you can be an enormous asshole in this game

DA2 was made infamous by Anders
Everything about DA2 just comes back to fucking Anders

I really don't remember there being much of a rivalry between them then. The Witcher was released two years before Dragon Age, and most CRPG fans saw it as a bit of a hidden gem. But by 2009 all those same CRPG fans would naturally be ready to move on to Bioware's next big release.

And then the sequels were set to release within months of each other.

>to fucking Anders
It does

I am not even in my thirties yet, but nor am I naive enough to say DA:O is a Baldur's-Gate-era-wanna-be.

I think I was thinking more of the witcher 2 vs DA 2 threads.

It was one of the first long rpgs I played so it might just be nostalgia talking, but some of the characters were decent, I liked Neeska and Ammon Jerro. The keep was also nice. There are no doubt however that Mask of The Betrayer surpassed it by magnitudes. Don't think I've ever seen a jump in quality that big between core game and expansion ever since.

It has the GOAT romance as well.

But it literally is. Bioware has stated this.

I miss that. In Cisquisition I don't remember a single choice where you could be a major dick for the sake of it. Perhaps the murder of Celene comes close, but the Herad felt so forced at times.

I have it """"""""""free""""""""" wiht PS+ but every time i tried to play i get this annoying and constant crackles on my headphones so i've given up on it :(

thanks I was thinking of trying NWN2 again.
since MoTB is a direct sequel, is it necessary to finish the main story before playing that?

Morrigan was top tier. A shame I don't think Bioware will top it.

I really liked how you could build your personality in Origins, there are plenty of shades of asshole you can be.

youtu.be/n2xO3wGvPIE?t=129
her voice...

>that fucking face
Jesus christ, lad.

You can jump straight into MoTB, you get around 18 levels or so if I recall that you can fiddle around with. The core game can be kinda a grind, but I would at least try to complete it to get an understanding of how the game is played.

God I fucking hate Morrigan. Contrarian prick. If she wasn't female she'd pretty much be a fedora wearing edge lord.
>"The villages are weak, let us not defend them"
>Make a decision "TIS SILLY AND YOU ARE A FOOL"

I'm actually happy they wrote a party member you could hate. She was good mixture of practicality and cynicism. So she was really good at for example, pointing out how risky it was to help save the village. Letting me hate her also helped distinguish why I liked the party members in game.
Though her edge is a bit high
>Gaider said she is a female version of himself

I knew her from Stargate before DA:O. A shame the series have been stagnant for so long.

I tried to like it but I couldn't get into it because of the god awful combat and how dull it looks visually. The areas aren't particularly interesting either

>took me years to realize why hers and flemeths voices sounds so familiar

Dao and New Vegas are the last good modern RPG
Voiced protagonists ruined RPG genre for me.

Not him, but the story and most of the characters were amusing and enjoyable, and if you invested in them the game gave you some really fucking great moments (like the trial, or managing Crossroad Keep). If you're not invested in the game, of course you're not going to like that.
Also, it has the sorely underused Frenzied Berserker as the best melee class, which is a plus.

>It has the GOAT romance as well.
Absolutely this. It's funny that Top Lel can be an amazing romance, and yet Morrigan is still leagues better.

>since MoTB is a direct sequel, is it necessary to finish the main story before playing that?
It's not strictly necessary, you get to keep some of your equipment, and if you don't you won't understand some of the callbacks to the main campaign. Nothing critical, though I'd say finish the OC once if you haven't already - for the GOAT ending alone.

Can I have a source so I can interpret what they meant in a way that supports my own, objective opinion?

Why is that?

>Frenzied Berserker
Are you in every rpg thread?

Riddle me this, Cred Forums.

If female Grey Wardens are turned into broodmothers why have them at all? Whatever miniscule damage they can cause on the darkspawn would be for nothing if they turn into a broodmother. Seems an unnecessary risk to take when you think about it.

>"The villages are weak, let us not defend them"
>Make a decision "TIS SILLY AND YOU ARE A FOOL"
What annoyed me about this is that we're playing a CRPG. In CRPGs you accept quests. It's how you get money and experience. But virtually every time you do, Morrigan goes and gets all pissy about it.

If she only got upset about how you decided to accomplish a quest, it'd be one thing. But she starts bitching just because you take a job.

>bait

Also this has been a surprisingly good thread for modern Cred Forums's standards.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/08/dragon-age-origins-flying-onto-consoles/
>"Dragon Age: Origins really represents three real key elements," Tudge explained. "One is obviously the origins stories. The other is the return to BioWare's roots. And the other one is the origins of the franchise, of the series. We've built the universe from the ground-up to be something we can base a lot of entertainment product in, and Dragon Age: Origins is really just the beginning."

>stargate
Those seasons gave me a nerd boner though.

>If female Grey Wardens are turned into broodmothers
because its not just wardens, user, any woman can be turned into a broodmother, don't you remember those dwarves?

I really liked it. It had flaws, sure, but I hoped with a few steps in the right direction, the series would have been a masterpiece.

Then as we all know, they kept the bad parts and abandoned the good ones.

Well, she does like cock.

>Voiced protagonists ruined RPG genre for me.

This. One of the things I was positive about in PoE was the return to no voiced protagonists. Don't know why they thought it a good idea, it limits the things you can say and unlike no voiced you can't interperte how it is said.

The last good bioware game, but even then you could point a few cons that are going to destroy the company later

They sounded familiar and I didn't think too much about it. Years later it just clicked.

Oh, I thought it said "similar" and I was trying to find the connection.

>The last good bioware game

That's Mass Effect 2.

If you look at it from a "Role players" perspective she has a point on the village. I think she wanted us to focus on the main goal. Also years of living with Flemeth in isolation has turned her into a giant edge lord.

The point still stands, it's an unnecessary risk. If you send a part yin all male then there's a 0% chance of them birthing a new generation of enemies to fight. If there are female grey wardens then you're rolling the dice unnecessarily.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact there is a party member who is willing to critique "the go save the village" side quest. But she is just far too edgy sometimes.

This is probably due to Gaider projecting himself on to her.

In fact I have to wonder if Grey Wardens would be susceptible to it. The joining ritual immunises them to the darkspawn taint, doesn't it?

>But virtually every time you do, Morrigan goes and gets all pissy about it.

Because it's a waste of time compared to the grand scheme of things. Of course Morrigan doesn't get it that shit doesn't just happen, it's built from smaller moments. You CAN, for example, completely skip getting involved in Redcliffe situation which results in town getting overrun, but game's story still needs some kind of resolution there to move forward so you still end up in the castle. Morrigan is also a massive tsundere.

I weep for what came after. DA:2 was a shitshow and although Inquisition had some good elements the MMO feel drags it down a lot. They really fucked up when they otherwise had a nice foundation.

RPGs are literally the only genre where advancements of technology detract from things that actually matter. Voice acting? Only gets in the way of how much written text you can have, for example.

good game. pretty immersive. and very moddable.
can't really think of anything bad to say about it.

wtf I hate Morrigan now

Yeah, I really liked her as a character because of it. A lot of the things she says aren't even particularly sensible or pragmatic from an objective viewpoint, but she specifically mentions she was raised to have a cynical (and rather simplistic) worldview, so it makes sense.

>Are you in every rpg thread?
Yes.
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/frenzied berserker/
No, user. Just most. There aren't really that many threads that interest me, so.

Because any females can be turned into Broodmothers; that's the whole point of Hespith's/Branka's reveal. Since it's mentioned that at least two nations suffer from regular Darkspawn raids (the Imperium and the Anderfels) not to mention the Dwarves, and the Darkspawn still manage to produce Hurlocks, Ogres and Shrieks between Blights, you can infer that either Broodmothers live indefinitely or Darkspawn regularly capture females to turn into more. Either way, stopping women from fighting Darkspawn directly would only force them to be more active in searching for more and possibly even worsen the situation. The Wardens probably just kill themselves anyway.

read this

Cred Forums underages and contrarians are starting to say it's shit but it's a genuine 9/10 RPG, add a few mods to get it up to date and you have a timeless classic.

It was one Of The last stops before bioware turned into a steaming pile of shit of a company

Yeah, I think her upbringing is a good reason for her to be edgy and cold. But she was dead wrong about the village, the very reason why we came to Redcliffe was to get support to fight the darkspawn, and it's retarded to let a village of able men and women die.

Bioware's writers said that they wouldn't do female Qunari romances either, since they felt it'd be pandering to giantess fetishists. Which is weird considering there's a male Qunari you can romance who is the biggest motherfucker in the game and literally named "the Iron Bull" and Sera (The quirky lesbian elf) won't shut up about how much she's into big women whenever a female Qunari shows up in the last DLC and even drooled over them in the core game.

You won't get a dwarven romance either because they feel it's broderline pedofilic in nature, despite other characters in the setting being in such relationship. (If you're a dwarven female and romance Alistair does that make him Jared the Subway Guy?)

One of the few strong point Bioware can still cling to is their romance and to some extent their characters and they're limiting themselves because of nonsensical reasons.

maybe she was worried you'd get killed? the sten straight up says that its hopeless and you also lose relations unless you convince him otherwise

And if this were an actual tabletop campaign she might have a point. But this is a CRPG wherein extra quests mean extra experience. And since there isn't any actual time limit, there's only positives for taking extra quests.

Narrative shouldn't be pushing against gameplay. If you want a pragmatic character who only cares about your primary mission, then the rest of the game needs to reflect those concerns. As it stands, Morrigan's points have no merit, and so her complaints just come across as whining.

>dwarfs
>pedophilic
???

Sten is one of the most engaging characters Bioware ever wrote, primarily because he won't divulge his life story at the merest sign of interest on your part. He also challenges you and needs to put in his place because he respects power.

Has there ever been a bigger quality gap between an original title and it's sequel, more than DA:O and DA2?

Couldn't take this shit serious when I first saw that Marilyn Manson"NEW SH*T"-Trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=wOq6-1OLIyQ

All those edges.

DA2 at least has the excuse it was rushed and intended to be another DLC for Origins, standalone this time unlike Awakening. Inquisition is the really bad one.

Better than vanilla desu.

I liked the MMO field out it in the wild. Also how the npc mobs competed for different spots was neat. I really liked seeing a mob from a distance then deciding weather or not to engage it.

They did a lot right in DAI
>Orlais feels perfect. I thought they would go the pure medeival route but they took multiple time periods of french culture from medieval era up to the Napoleonic era and laced it throughout their culture. The amour and clothing looks extremely different to Fereldan helping to add to distinction.
>Each map looked extremely good and unique.
>Good crafting mechanics to make your own powerful weapons and amour.
>Ruins that aren't swarming with bad guys and are just ruins, this helps add to realism.
>Good level variety, with large maps of desert, forest and snow.
>The first area with the templar vs mage permanent battleground.
>Spooky giant mansion in on the of the Oralis forest's which caused your party to freak out. Before meeting any enemies it's genuinely terrifying as the party starts going "lets fucking leave".

It's pretty good. I really should give it another go. Not on PS3, Jesus Christ it was nightmare performance wise

This DA II had some good ideas, it just failed in execution. The fact that they took that game and the reaction to it, set about making a game 'properly' and ended up with Inquisition is what's most disappointing.

A prime example of ludonarrative dissonance.

Maybe they should've actually made it so that trying to do every quest locked you out of some others due to the advance of the darkspawn. After they take over Lothering they just loaf about until the final confrontation, really.

The dwarflovers=pedophiles thing was entirely Gaider.

>Sten is one of the most engaging characters Bioware ever wrote
I agree, the qunari in general and the sten specifically are really interesting

>Inquisition is the really bad one.
Except it's not that bad.

>mfw telling a rape victim I'll rape her again if she doesn't answer my questions

there is literally nothing wrong with edginess, in fact it was extremely refreshing and fun

>Orlais feels perfect
no, Top Lel praised it to high heaven and seeing it in the game is the biggest disappointment ever, you cant even hear the chant for fucks sake

I find it really hard to compare DA2 and DA:I.

Whatever DA2 does wrong, DA:I does it right.
And whatever DA2 does right, DA:I does it wrong.

It's quite interesting.

Yes it is biodrone

Leave Keiran alone you hobgoblins!

>safety lighter
MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>Bioware's writers said that they wouldn't do female Qunari romances either, since they felt it'd be pandering to giantess fetishists.
>You won't get a dwarven romance either because they feel it's broderline pedofilic in nature

Ok seriously, source on those fucking claims? That sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

ok

Refresh my memory, where does this happen, exactly?

Face it, you want to be like her, you want all of mankind to lust over you

That would help. It'd also help to balance Morrigan's complaints against the time requirements of whatever job you picked up. A quest that takes fifteen minutes and takes place entirely within the same town isn't worth worrying about. You took the time to travel here, you're going to spend at least one night before heading out again. More than enough time to lend a helping hand around town.

It's the bigger quests that actually require you to divide your focus and sink resources into accomplishing that might impact your larger goals.

Well I really liked it user. Also the chant is fucked because one of the key themes of DAI is
>religious turmoil.

Fun game, and the expansion was pretty good too. Felt clunky at times, but the atmosphere is enough to make you stick with it for a couple of playthroughs.

I give it a solid 5/7.

I know the one about the dwarves being too close to kids, in fact I think the qunari was him too, althoug I'm less certain on that. If I recall he made these statements on BiowareSocial and I don't have the screenshots.

>More wrong in DA2. This means DAI does more right
>DAI is objectively the better game.

>Orlais feels perfect.
NOPE.

What you visit in-game isn't even Val Royeaux itself, it's never explained in the game but it's just some sort of a square in the middle of an artificial lake that is also in the middle of nowhere.

In the novels, it's frequently described that almost anywhere in Val Royeaux, you can see the White Spire and the Grand Cathedral. Both are nowhere to be seen in-game.

They FUCKED UP Val Royeaux big time in DA:I. It doesn't feel like a hub at all.

>whatever DA2 does right, DA:I does wrong

Elaborate.

Why do you lie to yourself?

>BiowareSocial and I don't have the screenshots.

I'm still skeptical user. Sorry.

>in fact it was extremely refreshing and fun
It might have been fun if the game hadn't taken itself so seriously. Instead you have ridiculous shit that's played completely straight. Like if you execute Loghain, you literally splash his blood all over his daughter.

its a shame mana clash almost always crashes the game, origins is extremely unstable, still very fun

walking bomb and some of the spell combos were neat

I don't read the novels and I only go by the games. Deal with it. I really enjoyed what was in game. In all the Oralis maps/areas.

You have to consider that she was never far away from that shabby hood in the wilds, all she knows about life she learned by her psychotic mother. You can explain some acts of kindness to her in the game and she understands or at least sees your point.

I'm not entirely sure either anymore but I think it was Liselle in Denerim market

God, how you can employ someone like that as a lead writer is beyond me.

>Storm of the Century can win the battle for the Alienage single-handedly
>Storm of the Century in general

It's a least half true.

hut*

>Storm of the Century in general
I have literally never cast it, since levelling both types of storm seems redundant

this doesn't surprise me considering how heavy the SJW pandering DA2 had in it. They literally shovel it into your face and down your throat.

youtube.com/watch?v=HWajqBJ-82M

>Elaborate.
Not much, but there are quite a few.

>Multiple companion quests
>Companion banter
>Unique companion skill trees
>Various interesting sidequests
>Day and night time locations

These come to mind first.

I agree with this. DA2 might have been bad but it did some great things DA:I just couldn't even come close to. Particularly in character interaction and their personalities. Wandering for 30 minutes in empty fields in DA:I with no fucking banter killed me inside. DA2 has banter literally every 10 seconds and it was fucking great.

>tfw characterfag

>>tfw characterfag

Really, who else plays Bioware games at this point? Surely not anyone expecting great systems or story.

>God, how you can employ someone like that as a lead writer is beyond me.
he was good once...but EA corrupted him

As long as this guy isn't involved in DA I think there's hope for the 4th entry. Although why Bioware still employed him since they're so PC I don't really get.

In that case, you can only say that you have personally enjoyed it.
You can't say that it was perfect. You don't have the necessary context to make that judgement. I do.
And they fucked Val Royeaux up.

Gaider, just fucking Gaider man. I forgot he could be this retarded.
>Female dwarfs in game don't look like 14 year olds. Qunari woman are just tall.
>"Dwarf-Dwarf" only. In a fantasy game.
>Actual SJW would target him for being dwarf phobic
>Actual SJW would target him for hating on tall woman and forcing a normal beauty standard in terms of average height.
>Gaming press hail these games as progressive master pieces.

Also my image isn't meant for "you" user, but it's the best image I have for displaying my contempt for Gaider.

FUCK I FORGOT HOW RAGE INDUCING THAT MAN IS!

Gaider was actually great at one point when he was D&D domain. All it shows you can't let someone like that be a lead writer and call all the shots.

>dat feel when Beamdog hired him now and you KNOW they're planning to work on BG3 at some point

I'm going by the same rational red letter media uses to judge star wars.

The main products are the films, thus books etc are just side materials that are optional materials one can read.
Thus in this case, we should judge it on the games.

I agree the white spire part sucks, as does the chant.

Though I think the small part of Val Royeaux as represented by the market place, is merely meant to be a microcosm of the city.

Which I think works.

[Spoiler] If you want rage inducing changes from the actual in game lore(as in lore actually in the game), go read up on shit in elder scrolls[/spoiler]

Actual social justice warriors would be triggered by him being dwarfphobic.

I'm triggered by how much of giant fucking retard he is.

Can you tell me which part of his writing you particularly disliked in DA:I?

bioware in general was great while they were making D&D games because they couple of decades of shit to draw from

here, here
You can pinpoint the exact second any shred of credibility gaider had left.
1/2

>shabby hood

That's a pretty good way to describe it.
>Pre dark spawn invasion it was full of angry barbarians.
>Probably rains all the time.
>Full of wolves and shit trying to eat you.
>Dark spawn come along and nothing much changes really. Rains a lot still.
>Ass cold in the winter and boiling hot in the summer.

and 2/2

>Anyone who wants a romance option with a tall female Qunari is a degenerate fetishists
>Probably wanked off while writing Iron bull as a giant bisexual.

THIS FUCKING GUY! THIS FUCKING GUY! THIS FUCKING GUY! FUCK

Again the "you" in this gif isn't meant for you user. Only Kira can express my contempt for Gaider.

what do you mean probably? I posted this too

I literally just finished typing up my post when you posted You just confirmed what I was thinking.

God fucking Christ. Gaider is a rage inducing individual.

Way to spot the cRPG pleb

>there is literally nothing wrong with edginess, in fact it was extremely refreshing and fun

The Witcher came out 2 fucking years before this shit and did Dark Fantasy waaaay better.

edginess=/= dark fantasy
the fun isn't in the world around you being dark, the fun is in the pc being able to make edgelord choices

not "rough and ruthless for the good cause" choices
edglord ones. like blood-magic sacrificing the slaves for POWAH

>People bullied witcher 1 for it's bad graphics.
>Witcher 2 happened.
>Cred Forums Worships the witcher now.

Poland is too stronk.

What's worse? Gaider Bioware or nu-Bioware?

We have yet to see nu-Bioware games after Gaider left. Keep in mind their studio working on TOR is an entirely different studio not even in the same city.

Nu-bioware produced DAI which isn't as bad as DA 2. It's a good game and worth a short if you up for it.

Casey Hudson fucked up mass effect 3 ending without him though.
just
>bioware.
They have redeemed themselves in my eyes with DAI however.

Can I kill myself instead of choosing?

gaider was instrumental to creating nu bioware though

>They have redeemed themselves in my eyes with DAI however.
How?

Any more similar vidya romances?

You can blame EA for pushing deadlines on them which probably reduced the quality of the games, but Gaider's terrible writing was his own terrible writing.

>go read up on shit in elder scrolls
only oblivion had a truly huge retcon, and that got a shitty explanation later on

also val royeux has been described IN GAME by leliana and in the codex

>DAI which isn't as bad as DA 2
DAI is simply mediocre all around. Nothing good about it, but it's not the worst game ever. Just a forgettable singleplayer mmo.
DA2 has some great moments, but the bad parts of it REALLY stand out as well.

I am not talking about dark fantasy, I am talking about edge, which is hilarious in DAO and there is nothing wrong with it

Well reasons I didn't buy Da 2
>We don't get to go round Thedas
>Have to play as hawke.
>No race selection
>Shitty party members
>Lack of variety
>lack of exploration

DAI
>We go round Thedas
>Select our character from 9 races.
>Party members can be pretty good like blackwall.
>Crafting system in game.
>Better story
>More variety
>tons of stuff to do
>lots to explore

But DA2 has the better story.

>only oblivion had a truly huge retcon, and that got a shitty explanation later on

Really, I mean the Cyrodil is meant to look like these fusion of imperial china and Rome. Instead we get these generic looking guards.
The market district should of had all the cultures of the world in one place. Meaning tons of stuff to buy.

Instead we just get smiths with generic amour. Also the city is fucking tiny.

Well I disagree, I actually think it's a good game. Not on the same tier as witcher 2 and 3 though.

Worth getting in my view.

I disagree but I don't think I'll ever pick up DA2 and find out.

>9 races
>blackwall is good
>better story

t. a literally retarded person

Dragon Age 2 was the real masterpiece, it was a great story in a small place, fuck your open world bullshit

>t. a literally retarded person

>Dragon Age 2 was the real masterpiece

Gaider please.

They're both really shitty games.

>BioWare will redeem itself by killing itself along with EA

DA2 is a smaller scale, more intimate story that focuses on the only interesting part of the first game, the mage/templar relationship, while also fully fleshing out the Qunari. It's about competing philosophies and agendas.

It's still decidedly a Bioware game, but it's the first one in a long, long time that didn't feel like they were just playing madlibs with their writing.

I'm sorry, I would like to try it but the way Anders is written puts me off it.

>then, as in the original comics EA will survive (it's too big to fail anyway) and possess luke

It's really going to happen.

There is allways that one asshole that says "BUT I LIKED IT, MEANS IT IS GUUD!

DA2 is utter shit, if you enjoyed then congratulations to you, but no way you can defend that trainwreck of a game

Anyway, DA:O is probably the first and the only cRPG i'll ever played (I don't know if cRPG stands for those games where the combat is in real-time), but for the life of me i can't find that gameplay fun, its just so boring to me

They should've made it turn based or let you control your own character while adjusting the AI of your teammates (Like the old Fallout games), in higher difficulties i find myself pausing so many times just to set up shit and use abilities correctly that it becomes annoying and makes me wish it was turn-based instead

That kind of combat is what is keeping me from playing shit like Bauldr's gate or PoE, i just can't stand having to pause over and over again just to prevent someone from doing something stupid or just to make sure the spells are used effectivly

Nah, resistant. Not immune.
And the only "immune" bitch is a..well, bitch. She doesn't even know why.
And resistant in this case means the darkspawn gets to gangbang her for much longer. But Bioware is all about muh sexism right, maybe they retconned the rape out of the Broodmother creation thing

>There is allways that one asshole that says "BUT I LIKED IT, MEANS IT IS GUUD!
to be fair the inverse also exists

DA2 was a good idea, but the execution was terrible. It's only good for mockery.

I can't stand how buggy Origins is. So. Fucking. Buggy.

Can't even play a Shapeshifter due to it being all fucked up. Archery is a chore due to all the glitchy shit.

Also, everyone looks the same. There's one fat person model, bu it's rare as fuck. Everyone else has the same body type. Buff-ish male or thin female with 36 D titties.

Minor complaint, but it kinda wears on me now that I noticed it. Dragon Age II is the same in that regard. I know this is a dumb complaint. Just pointing it out.

>Implying that's canon
Did you see mickey mouse on these comics anywhere? lmao

Like I said, it's still a Bioware game. Dialogue will always feel like a bad Whedon knockoff. The story is still better than either of the other two Dragon Age games.

I think DAI gets a lot of undeserved shit on this board because it hates Bioware. As I said it's good, but it's not in the same tier as the Witcher games.

>Obessing of NPC and PC body types

user, you sound like you love your character creators a little too much.

To be fair, the game is old, considering the year it came out the characters look ok, i like how there is a lot of animations in the game, the characters actually interact with eachother and react to shit instead of just clicking a choice in the textbox and keep going with it

It kinda makes me wonder if that takes a lot of effort and budget seeing as they never did anything as big as Origins again

they may not be canon, but they serve the analogy

I liked it because it feels like a CRPG without the walls of text.

I know I've repeated this a lot but originally DA2 was meant to be a DLC sidestory for DAO. EA wanted to cash-in and make that a full blown separate game.

Well, DA:I was straight shit, so yeah. Better than DA:O's generic Bioware story? Like I said, I think the idea of DA2's story is really interesting. But what's the point of setting a game in one city if the story is going to be on rails? Maybe if it has fucking good drama, memorable characters, etc. But DA2 doesn't have that.

Didn't the game have a really short release cycle as well? Explaining the lack of content?

I agree, they don't shove the lore down your throat but you can go look up the codex if u want everytime you get a new entry, the conversations are mostly fluid and short

Which is why i fucking hate recent obsidian games where they feel like they have to make you read every bit of lore, especially the "dream sequences" in PoE that serve absolutely no fucking purpose

May be sounding a bit like Pete Hines, but make an effort to SHOW me the lore, i don't mind a long exposition once in a while either, but don't forget it is also a videogame

Cred Forums is pretty much the only place where DA:I is bashed

I tend to agree with this but the more i revisit Dragon Age the less i like it, it's just so bland and childish at times.

You're still just describing Bioware games. I'm not arguing for Bioware. I'm arguing that DA2 is better than what was provided in other Bioware games.

Keep in mind a lot of people who bought DA:I have clearly not played DA:O. Most of the people i know who dislike DA:I say they don't like it because it feels like a generic MMO, besides some of the writing is really bad aswell

>besides some of the writing is really bad aswell
>Start of the game is about religion, and the meaning of belief.
>GENERIC EVIL BIG BAD WIZARD instead of a game just focusing on social turmoil which would have had more depth and therefore been more interesting.

Fuck Gaider. Of course he's a massive hypocrite when the facade of PC moral righteousness is stripped away.

As far as I know the consensus is that Origins is good and the other ones are hot garbage.

Which is funny if you consider DA:O's story is really fucking generic too but i don't mind that there

nu-Bioware is still up in the air, although I hihgly doubt it will be anything on the same level as before, and the old Bioware had some charm and then fell from grace.

well not just any evil wizard
one of the original sinners

Fuck, on the religion part I forgot
>Start of the game is about religion, and the meaning of belief.
>Once that is concluded it's pretty much dropped for geo politics.

It's a bit jarring but it makes sense once you are accepted as inquisitor.

>An ancient evil wizard awakens
>starts doing evil shit.

I'm 90% sure Bioware's fall from grace is the fault of EA. Dragon Age 2 being the prime example of them probably pressuring them into shitting out an unfinished turd.

He is tied to the religion since he is one of the original darkspawn

probably bioware saw all the people ironically liking kreia without realizing it's a meme and tried to replicate her

Yeah, but we have to deal with an evil magic wizard. More time and budget should of been spent on sorting out what happens when an entire religion collapses.

Western game companies need to be "greyer" in a lot of regards when it comes to story and settings.

DAI has garbage combat, horrible writing, horrible voice acting, terrible animations and recycled animations from Mass Effect 1, fetch quests out the ass, 0 RPG elements left, it's really an infuriating game.

to be fair GENERIC EVIL BIG BAD WIZARD describes BG2 as well and that game is praised all over

Corypheus did nothing wrong. He was trying to give the world the God it needed. Had he succeded who knows how Thedas would look.

>he is too stupid to get Babby's first RPG's story

wew

The few times you saw him he shined. Bioware needed to invest more time into his character. More encounters.

None of that matters within the story. It's barely even touched on, more mentioned in passing. Otherwise you're just going around, fighting generic enemies and allying generic factions.

It isn't like Mask of the Betrayer where the whole thing revolves around the Akachi, who he is, and what he did, with the player being set up as his "heir."

I don't get why it's not more popular in Cred Forums. The rpg mechanics were deep enough, story was well written, characters were well written and overall, it was just an all around solid RPG

Your bait is tasty user!

>The rpg mechanics were deep enough, story was well written, characters were well written and overall, it was just an all around solid RPG

Mediocre passable game, compared to Bioware's more recent releases it looks great, but ultimately it wasn't really that good at all. Very casual friendly though so you'll have plenty of shitters whose first wrpg was DA:O defending it.

Kreia only ever lectured you when you chose something she disagreed with. You could just as easily make a different choice and she'd praise it. She didn't really bitch at you just because you were playing the game the way role playing games are played.

PoE's stat system is fucking retarded.

Which part of that isn't true?

It's not bait

Cred Forums likes DA:O, just not to the point of worship. The sequels soured a lot of people on the franchise.

>Exact opposites.

Don't get me wrong, he was good when there. I just wish it was less "EVIL BIG BAD THAT MUST BE DEFEATED" and a more realistic crisis we had to sort out.

>Nah, resistant. Not immune.
The way I understand it, they intentionally infect themselves with some magically altered form of the taint which will, eventually, kill them, but which leaves no room for the pure, unaltered taint to take hold.

BG2 had an incredibly generic plotline and villain which were only saved by the voice acting

barely

DA:O>PoE>>DA:I>>>>>>>>the game>>>>DA:2

DA:O > Witcher 3 > Witcher 1 > DA:I > Witcher 2 > Dragon Age 2

Tbqh

Not bad

Witcher 3 DLCs > Witcher 2 > DAO > Witcher 3 = Witcher 1 > DA2 > DAI

>Witcher 2 above Witcher 3 and DAO

Quite possibly the worst taste i've seen.

I also like how you gain most of his approval by challenging what he thinks, because he likes to debate, instead of just agreeing with him all the time.

>Female dwarves often looks like 14 years old

you are literally mentally retarded

Are Larian the most based devs in the industry?

Witcher 3 dlc>DAO>witcher2>witcher3>DA2>shit>Witcher>DAI>>>>>>>PoE

>mad PoE doesn't have waifus

They're nice, too bad their games are shit

>What is Pale vagina

Oh the taint takes hold. But it all depends on the endurance of the Warden, how many times it got close to a Darkspawn, and whether it was Joined during a Blight. The Warden PC should really be reeling in pain/taint by the end of DAII, since he/she fucked an Archdemon. But it could be delayed, if say, the Warden took Avernus' potion and let him live in order to prolong Warden lives. If both Avernus and Architect lives, an unmarked sidequest appears and mentions that the two are comparing research in order to prolong and strengthen Wardens.

it's shit but dao's stats are shit and even more simplistic

>2 Way of the Samurai games
You're alright user.

there is literally no reason at all to kill avernus

A lot of moralfags say otherwise
So do waifufags
And vendettafags
But fuck nigga, (You) play as a Warden. A dead warden is a wasted resource. A dead person is a wasted resource. Had there been a third option to coerce the ghoul to fight against the Darkspawn AND spare Avernus I would've done it.

Avernus' pull is just way too much. A chance at removing the negative effects of the Taint? Prolonging your life for hundreds of years? Allahu Akbar multiple times? Only an idiot would kill him

>waifufags
What do waifus have to do with avernus?

Either/or. Sophia or Avernus. Who lives, who gets fucked in the ass with a sword

tsk tsk, can't have that in this day and age

My wiffu the night after my Warden's return was celebrated

this

>I am not even in my thirties yet
Alright grandpa whatever you say, tomorrow we're gonna go look at a really nice home for you.

There should be more games where you can impregnate your romance.

but Zevran was a fucking bro even if you don't romance him, his post game dialgue felt like a true bromance
And the DAI fag is a bro too btw, he keeps going on about how you're his only true friend and shit all the time

Anders is the only terrible faggot companion in the DA franchise

Alistair was a bro as well, too bad his petty attitude must end with either execution or exile and becoming a pitiful drunkard.

Harden him

>alistair will always remind me of this

Can you do that without romance? Muh 'canon' warden is male.

Yes.

Possible. First chance you get is when you get to Redcliffe. You can do that without being a dick either

No.

So basically what happens to your Warden and the child if you go with Morrigan into the portal?

DAII explains he takes a vacation there for a few months but gets called back to Denerim
Not sure if Inquisition retcons that

in inquisition you learn the warden in in contact with morrigan, but he's away, trying to cure the taint
also, grandma dragonwhich drains your son of the old god essence
then solas=wolf elf god drains her of hers

>gives birth
>carries the baby around in her inventory and keeps on fighting
Bhaalspawn and aerie are best parents

Alright, so if I'm reading this right, someone's running around sucking souls left and right. And that someone's got three god souls?

Gives birth fighting monsters, carry the child with her. Pretty based.

At the very least, if not more.
elven gods where just elven ubermages he (dread wolf) grandma dragonwitch (mythar or something) were among them. Solas separated fade and real world to seal the gods, then got to sleep, then woke up and found the elves weak and ruined, then decides to undo what he did

More or less.

It's all rather convoluted. At the end of the game Flemeth is seen cast a soul into the elven mirror no matter if you made Kieran or didn't. Solas comes in and sucks grandma dry, but we don't know if he absorbed Mythal the elven god of motherhood, Flemeth's human soul or Urthemiel the dragon god of beauty, or all, or none.

It sucks that Bioware are pretty much the only one left doing rpg with a focus on party members (even if they're not always good)

TW3 > DAO > TW1 >TW2 > DA2 > DAI

TW3 > DAO >TW2 > DAI = TW1 > DA2

Now it's sensible.

>TW2 better than TW1
>fucking DAI on the same level as TW1

"no"

TW1 > TW3 > DA:O > W2 >>>DAI >>>DA2

Has the games/books/whatever ever implied that aside from Garahel's and The First Blight, she's been whoring out her daughters in order to get Old God Souls? Are the Elven "gods" and the big lizards connected somehow?

DA:I is absolutely better than Witcher 1.

liked it, but its a single run game.

I loved it. I've beaten it like 6 times.

>Witcher 3
>Better than Origins
Wow, Cred Forums really does just want pretty graffix and waifus. The gameplay in Origins is better, so it's the better game. You have actual role-playing to do, more than a single character to role-play with, the combat is better, there are far more abilities/skill trees, more replay value, I could go on. Witcher 3 is all presentation, the gameplay falls flat and the role-playing is limited. It's a story-game, not a game with a good story.

>game with awkward mishmash of both realtime and turn-based combat where you get the worst of both worlds is somehow better

Nah

you are trying to convice a coprophile that he loves shit.

Wouldn't a coprophile be highly aware of that fact?

Mage Origin (simply because the class itself is fun) > Fem City Elf > Male Human Noble > Dwarf Noble > Dwarf Commoner > Fem Dalish

I either want to play as my Warden again or play as a tevinter magister and just dick over my fellow magisters, fuck demon girls and become archon

Ive never had a crash using mana clash. Using ultimate edition

odd, because it crashes the game very reliably for me, and when I asked around /dag/ they told me that its a common issue and that the game is unstable for everyone, I played it through several times on 3 different systems and its always been unstable

I can't get into "RPGs" where you play a predefined character with an established background

you have quite a large choice amongst those characters though, and some origins, like the mage one are very vague

I was talking about games like witcher and fallout 4. Origins does the backstories well enough and doesn't force a voiced protagonist or too much of a backstory on you, just enough so that your place in the story makes sense

Above average. I always thought the main story sucked ass, the whole Blight shit never felt threatening enough. Plus the Arch Demon or whatever just seemed like a generic dragon, I remember being let down by it a lot. Everything else though was alright.

Haven't played the game in ages though.

>awkward mishmash of both realtime and turn-based combat where you get the worst of both worlds
Is there a Bioware game that isn't an embodiment of this? You have to gimp yourself to make DAO combat challenging and fun, but everything else they ever made was worse by miles. I'd rather spend 40 hours working in McDonalds for free than playing BG2 again.

Can you guys please post bad Dragon Age Inquisition webms? I get such a kick out of seeing how much of an abomination that game is.

But we're having a nice thread.

Solas takes offense at the implication, but he is a lying sack of shit so who really knows what is the truth.

The old dragon gods weren't mere dragons either apparently, but then again we've only have vague hints from Solas.

youtube.com/watch?v=x73W0b7IYEU

This is kind of how I feel about Bioware games in general, every single one of them.

i fell in love with the story of the darkspawn and the darkkspawn in general but for some reason i could never push myself to finish

Inquisition has its flaws but it is serviceable. If you get all the dlc for around the 20 dollar mark I would even recommend it.

Swap dorf noble and male noble

The lore is rather good. It's one of the few things that makes me come back to the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=gxYqLKBHW_Q

I took my nostalgia goggles off and played it again. It really, really suffers from the "Oh hey, this is my bullshit you're going to have to deal with" that Bioware loves to put in all of their games. The quest system/story is obnoxious and the beginnings were inconsequential to the rest of the story.

fuck, tthis reminds me that some of the music was god tier too, i replay the game solely because of how awesome and comfy respectably the main theme and in camp music was. i should seriously think about finishing, ive never been past that boss with all the tentacles in the deep roads

The game drags on a little desu

I remember I hated it, and stopped playing pretty early in the game.
But now I don't remember much about it.

I think it had to do with the fact that I only like playing human fighters or fighter/rogue combinations if possible, and from the available origins, there was only one that would fit that profile.
And didn't like how that one forced me into the story. If I recalled correctly, enemies attacked my castle, killed my family and instead of pursuing vengeance, I went to become a warden of something or something.
Totally not the choice I would have made but the game forced me into it. I kept playing but I was becoming increasingly annoyed that the game was not letting my character voice his disliking this warden and his organization having showed up and forced recruit at the worst possible time.
I couldn't play my character the way I wanted to, so I dropped the game pretty early.

There is no consensus: The story was interesting, but the game play was shit. Every fight devolves to using the same combinations and waiting on cool downs over and over again. There's no point in trying to move your units because anytime they spend running reduces DPS.

Bard girl?

Leiliana

meh

Along with Awakening, it was the last good game that Bioware made.

DAO = TW1 > everything else

Allistair was a huge cunt in the same way Carth was.

Much like Kaiden in Mass Effect.

Same kind of character when you get down to it.

The world needs more insecure, sarcastic betas that shy away from responsibility..I'm just like that.

Bioware can only rehash the same things over and over again

>Even the assassin turns out to be a loyal bro, for some stupid reason
you mean sex?

Funny enough this has a point. Those things were useless.

>that I only like playing human fighters or fighter/rogue combinations if possible
man you must hate crpgs in general, cant think of a single one where magic isn't vastly more fun then melee

Just like real life. I feel ya.

I liked Mass Effect 2
but either than that, yes

>Fucking Gollum's mum

>sera prototype.jpg

A lot of characters in the later dragon age games look weird. Like their eyes are too close together or their upper half of their head is too thin. Compare Anders in awakening to him in 2

They're perfect, you shitlord. You just have to redefine your skewed concepts of beauty and settle for some intern's halfassed attempt to please a publisher pushing a AAA game.