"Tell me Doctor Freeman, if you can, you have destroyed so much, what is it exactly that you have created...

"Tell me Doctor Freeman, if you can, you have destroyed so much, what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not." -Dr Breen

What are some of your favourite vidya quotes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkmtlWhn_20&t=75m31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also

"Stare too long at the back of your shield, and you may begin to forget who the enemy is" -Angelus

no idea what it means but it sounds cool

I have no idea of the context so this is only a guess but it sounds like cautioning against being overly defensive as it leads to seeing everyone as being against you.

That's actually a damn good interpretation.

How did I never consider this?

Are you Ken?

Sure, you're Ken!

-Ryu

>sounds like cautioning against being overly defensive as it leads to seeing everyone as being against you

Debateable, a cautious focus is interesting if focus is maintained, else a distraction may have you see foe as friend.

Maybe it should be taken a little less literally, and it just means that if you continue to fight for far too long without diplomacy, you'll forget why you're fighting in the first place?

"I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL!"

- Sea Raider

you're probably not very smart

I think the point being made is if you analyze everyone and everything with a paranoid mindset you are going to perceive everything as an attack regardless of whether it is or isn't and therefore everyone becomes your "enemy".

It's the same sort of mentality that has led to micro-aggression culture, i.e. everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic and you have to point it all out. Psychologists strongly condemn this sort of mindset.

"Wait a minute that card!"

- Ken Levine

DOCTOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

I know it doesn't mean much, but here's the original time link to that scene.

You may need to open this link in a new tab.

youtube.com/watch?v=EkmtlWhn_20&t=75m31s

yeah, shit, for some reason, it links it to 1:15:12, when it should be at 1:15:31

The implication being that he created hope. Not from breen of course but the writers.

fuck, the linking is actually all sorts of messed up, whatever

go to 1:15:31

"YOU BETTER NOT BE A MANHUNTER!"

t. Looter formerly known as River Pirate

truly a classic

Considering he's a theoretical physicist he probably has created quite a few notable things.

Kinda stupid quote from Breen, although yes it's pretty badass and his VA does a terrific job with it.

"Never had rats." - Baldur's Gate innkeeper.

"..."
-Red the Pokemon trainer

Shitty but had me kek

Yeah, like the time he created that portal to xen.
Real help there.

If he didn't someone else would have and the situation would have been much more fucked.

"Hope"

freeman doesn't talk you fucking casual if you had played half life you'd know you stupid cunt god i hate posers like you

I think you confused freeman with him

Not true. Cave Johnson made portals properly several decades before Black Mesa even tried, and when Black Mesa did try, they fucked up so badly that they caused the end of the world

It wasn't black mesa trying that fucked it up, user. They'd made successful portals before just fine themselves, how do you think the humans in HEV suits in xen got there in half life?

What caused the end of the world was the sabotaged sample g-man gave them.

"Put dis"
-Heavy Weapons Guy

this

if they'd been using lunar dust just like Aperture then none of that would have happened

>aperture science
>lol just paint everything in memedust who cares why this shit works

>black mesa
>actually investigating the multidimensional travel they were fucking around with

>black mesa are the irresponsible ones here

"No questions remain unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions! You overcame every challenge I laid before you. My mightiest servants have fallen before your relentless onslaught, your unbridled fury... Is it truly righteousness that drives you? I wonder."

I was recently playing the Mad Max game and I particulary liked this quote by Griffa
>You don't fear killing because you think you control it; you tell yourself such. Blood is not on your hands, but on theirs. Perhaps it's not the killing you enjoy...but the moments of silence that the fighting brings you.

"The door that wakes in darkness,
opening into nightmares."- Silent Hill 2

"Well, that's me right now. I am that duck"

"So where does such energy like Metatron lead our civilization? Destruction, destruction to end all! The universe, and human subconscious are willing their own end! This is the will of Metatron! Can you stop me?"
-from my second favorite space Ridley, Col. Nohman

A lot of the translations in ZOE 2 were jank as fuck, but I honestly love this line

>Aperture Science has safe and fully functioning portals that only need lunar dust and a handheld device

>Black Mesa needs giant labs and eventually fucks up and causes an alien invasion

Clearly Aperture is the irresponsible for using safe tech instead of just blindly punching interdimensional barriers

"I never asked for this"
- Adam Jensen

>Cancer dust
>Safe

The BM incident was on purpose by Breen

"AND I'LL SMASH YOUR FACE!"

>Cancer dust
Only for some people and it's super safe if you just use a mask

>The BM incident was on purpose
Oh yeah, the apocalipsis being on purpose instead of an accident makes you less irresponsible

OH YES

"I vill drink from your skullll"
signed,
Sea Raider

>mfw when my 20 archer party gets gangbanged by 80 sea raiders when i first played the game