Is there a fighting game where one can't win by just spamming a button...

Is there a fighting game where one can't win by just spamming a button? Like a game that punishes players who use cheap tricks and actually have to gitgud and master character skills to win?

Other urls found in this thread:

sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Smash Bros.

It has Stale Moves, meaning that the same moves being repeated have depreciating damage.

By fighting do you mean action games in general or just arcade fighting games like Street Fighter.

Dark Souls
if they try to spam you just hold backwards on left analog or press on L1 to bring up shield and you take no damage from attacks.

It's simple enough.

Arcade games in general, basically 1v1, 2v2 fighting games etc

Every 2D fighting game in existence?

Good luck beating anyone above a beginner level "spamming a button". All of them require skill to win.

all of them if you're actually good.
calling something "cheap" is a obvious sign of a scrub

Racing games
come the fuck at me

>all of them

Delusional

well all of the popular well known games at least

Virtua Fighter 4 (PS3) and Mortal Kombat 9-10 are pretty much doable that way. Playing vs against a cheap player is annoying as fuck, because you either spam like him or find a way to avoid his cheap crap and beat him with some dignity.

you never played certain games against a spammer or a hacker, right?

you have no fucking idea of what you're talking about

Whilst I will agree that Mortal Kombat is a shit game, you're basically admitting that you're a bad player if you lose to people mashing a single button.

i played a lot of "spammers",they're always way too predictable and they lose or rage quit.
never faced hackers in any fighting game

Try playing guilty gear or blazblue and just spamming one attack. I can guarantee you you'll get bodied within 10 seconds of the match starting.

>1474470411804.jpg
Why would you save that as a troll image? Like if you were the guy who made that then it would make sense as maybe an opinion thing, but the image is terrible.

never played SSB, right?

>troll image
Casual shitter detected

i play that the most actually.
only "spammable" shit in the game has been patched out years ago

>"spammer"
sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

git gud, SCRUB

In most fighting games, a move with advantageous properties in terms of range, hitboxes, speed, damage potential, or invincibility, usually has some sort of flaw to it, because moves don't have every single one of these attributes. On the other side of things, a move can have shit range, poor hitboxes, be slow, be low damage, and have huge recovery.

So usually, you can exploit these flaws in order to form defence. An attack with huge range and big damage might be able to be reacted to. A quick, low damage, low recovery move might be able to be predicted. An invincible attack or super with large recovery can be predicted and blocked, allowing you to score free attacks.

Effectively, very few attacks in fighting games are actually "spammable", they're just things that you don't know how to defend against yet.

you guys watching space ghost (complete series) on adult swim?

RIP Moltar

If you're losing to a single move, the problem isn't the game, buddy.

Any of them if you play against people who know what they're doing.

>look mom, I posted it again

Never watched it when it was a thing. Funny as fuck.

Smash is actually really "anti-mash" due to it's controls and overall gameplay.

Pretty much any game?