Cred Forums, how would you make a better version of Fallout 4?

Cred Forums, how would you make a better version of Fallout 4?

Honestly, I'd:
>Allow you to join the Enclave, but it's a minor faction
>Settlements no longer need your help
>Institute actually has an evil goal
>Enclave is against Institute and wants to get rid of it
>Awesome final quest where you raid the Institute with a bunch of Enclave soldiers on vertibirds

>put sidequests in the game
>concentrate on worldbuilding
>don't even have a main quest if that's what it takes.

Weapon modding is sidegrades instead of straight up upgrades.

You can't it's absolute shit from top to bottom.

They can start by knowing what an RPG is.

Give it to Obsidian.

>Cred Forums, how would you make a better version of Fallout 4?

start over with a new game and retcon the living shitout of the old game as a simulation created by ghouls named todd, pete, and emil who have no fucking clue what they're doing.

BBC BBC

This

Quest that lets me marry curie

I wouldn't mind settlements needing my help if it was anything other than "hey those raiders over there are mean".

I'd like to actually experience a full scale assault on a settlement I've decked out with turrets, for example.

I agree.

Hire Obsidian Entertainment

>shoehorn a faction with an established lore to cater to F3 kiddies
>have a faction with a clear evil goal because why should I use my brain in an Rpg when I can just blindly decide if I'm gonna play as a completely good or evil character?
>make the ending shooty shooty more epic for the win!!
How about you fuck off

>Allow you to join the Enclave, but it's a minor faction
Enough about the damn Enclave

>put sidequests in the game

This. I explored damn near every inch of the map and suffered through the horrible dialogue talking to everybody, and I still had to consult a wiki to look up side quests and where to get them after a couple dozen hours.

>Institute actually has an evil goal

The basic plot involving the institute actually has a whole fucking lot of potential, I would just hire someone who isn't a hack to write it. You have a society that can basically manufacture human beings, led by your son of all people, and they somehow manage to boil it down to

>DAT'S SLAVERY
>We literally manufactured these, they belong to us
>NUH UH

>My dad's out of cryosleep, so let's give him a breadcrumb trail of clues to lead him here and try to murder him at every turn so he's sure to have a giant raging murderboner for us
>We could just send someone to teleport him here and you could explain everything
>fuck outta here

>Oh hey dad what's up I'm dying so here take control of the whole institute and either keep the status quo or blow it the fuck up, why would you want to do anything inbetween?

I admit I'm tired as fuck, so just leave 'em out. So here's some more shit.
>Put in Antagonizer as a costume easter egg
>You can rename Dogmeat
>Keep "The Replacement" in
>Allow there to be a Psyker companion

I would have rather had agame back in ncr proper, or at least a close area that would show a world that has fucking rebuilt itself after 200+ years, instead of pretending like the bombs dropped last week

>put the fucking skill/trait system back
>no voice for protagonist
>better writing
>better world building
>less gay factions
>more guns/outfits
Basically, make it a fucking RPG again

I would uninstall this garbage and play the Witcher 3.

>remove Insititute
>remove Railroad
>BoS can stay but no Maxson and they don't try to do large scale warfare
>remove kid
>remove wife
>Minutemen is just a civilian militia, incompetent as ever
>selectable basic background for your character

No idea for the end-game goals though. Enclave is old and busted, personal vendetta was done in NV, muh family was in 3 and 4.

Scrap the whole thing and start from scratch, this time with the intention of designing an actual RPG in mind.

Put skills back in it. It objectively makes the game shittier and more shallow.

>but the perks replace them

No they don't, given that there are level requirements on increasing a perk (want to make a doctor build? too bad, the healing perks are capped and you can't just pump up medicine). And now you're wasting perk points on things like +10% damage instead of something more specifically tailored to your character (like most of the perks from NV).

Not even the biggest issue with the game but one that people seem to defend for some reason.

>Enclave fag salty that the enclave got GG'ed in the last game
Enclave, never ever

Honestly it needs:
>loot rebalancing
>A LOT more skill checks
>more useful things to buy / a real reason to use caps / more real estate
>more towns and cities
>more sidequests
>equipment degradation besides power armor

Now let me explain that, you see with all of the junk and clutter you pick up in the wasteland, it would actually have a use besides building a settlement, you could fix your broken armor at a workbench to get rid of the junk. Because let's be honest here guys, nobody actually BOUGHT shipments, lmfao, the majority of you cheated and consoled them in. Not to mention caps actually have 0 use in this game.

That would have fixed fallout 4 for alot of people

MAYBE ADD SKILLS AND SKILLCHECKS
YOU KNOW THE ONE THING THAT SETS APART FALLOUT FROM EVERY OTHER RPG EVER MADE

Honestly I like the core of Fallout 4, including the the story. The problem is execution, for example the Brotherhood has been rewritten to be the tech hoarding assholes they always were but Bethesda had to take them too far and make them bigots as well, and on top of that retarded. If their only mission is to hoard tech and study it why on earth would you blow up what is perhaps the most technologically advanced place in earth, especially when you had already killed most of the security + their leader has died so taking control would have been no hard task.

Also survival mode, here Bethesda took one step in the right direction and then 10 steps back by not allowing you to save whenever you want. This turns survival mode into an exercise in tedium, where one mistake or a hiccup in the system can lose you entire sessions of progress. The problem is that survival mode adds so much in terms of depth to the game that playing without it is not even an option.

>make several likable factions instead of 4 unlikable ones
>remove all of the "muh wife, muh baby"
>remove the institute and synths
>add some meaningful decisions
>make speech checks useful
>speech checks aren't dice rolls anymore
>make all killable NPCs dismember-able
>make settlements more self-sufficient and make the caps they give you easier to retrieve to give incentive to have them at all
>put real perks in the game as they were in FO3 and FO4
>implement a level cap so you can't have 10 in everything and every perk
>remove 90% of the power armor spawns from the game, including the one you get at the beginning

>Get rid of player voice acting and replace it with the older systems
>Gut the settlement system. Being able to build a player shelter that can serve as a base is fine, but everything to do with settlements should be thrown out and that effort/time spent on other stuff.
>Add skills back in.
>Scale companion amount back. Make four or five good companions, don't have the like nine we currently have.
>Create more than one city/hub. Take the spots where settlements would be and make them into bigger areas. Even Fallout 3 had multiple hubs for fuck's sake. Fallout 4 has one city.
>Get rid of the giant treasure trunks at the end of areas that signify to players that they're done. Instead scatter leveled loot across the environment. Those chests are the worst part of exploring since you know immediately upon finding them you're done.
>Go with New Vegas' speech system. Discard the random chance system, it just encourages savescumming.
>Remove the hundreds of invincibility statuses NPCs have. In a game about choice you can do very little to the people around you.
>Bring back Karma and include a Reputation system.

I'm typing this out and I still have in the back of my mind the fact that the game would still suck. It's still inherently terribly written, works off an old engine, has a terrible graphical aesthetic that looks washed out, has idiotic factions, very little player choice, and hundreds of other issues. Even if everything I said was added/changed it still wouldn't be anything close to other Fallout games.

These.
Remove the fucking player voice actor, too.