I like Cossacks 3

I like Cossacks 3.

I have a feeling this game can be great again with the right patches and the right expansions/mods.

Shit, that thread is dying.
Time for some bait.

Bioshock Infinite was good.
Consoles ruined gaming.
moot is okay.

you're not funny.

anyways. convince me to buy the game. i'm thinking about buying it

It's basically Cossacks HD.

It's pretty all there's to say : it's Cossacks in 3D.

have you tried multiplayer?

No. Is it bad?

You can litereally copy paste units in it, so yeah.

idk, that's why I'm asking.

Qué?

Not him, but last multiplayer I played was Rise of Nations HD, and it was shit.

never played the original. shud i buy dis?

If you like old school RTS with 500 units, yeah.
If you hate games where a single unit can hit a building and somehow destroy it, yeah.
If you hate games where a unit can be locked in melee but still shoot, go on.

Looks alright, might pick it up.

Which is actually a step up, because I thought it looked a little underwhelming.

Frankly, as much as I like it, it's quite literally Cossacks HD.
All the nations from Back to War aren't there yet, and the only differences I noticed were minimal (two more mercenaries, upgrades being more powerful).

But I really hope they add Chinese and Japanese nations.

the thing i dislike is you can recruit 18th century dragoon without being in 18th century itself.

You mean mercenaries?

yeah

Because rather than being physically in the XVIIIth century, you upgrade into it. Your base isn't a capitol like Paris or Roma.

why are the torrents 1.28GB when the steam download is 800MB?

>it's quite literally Cossacks HD.
Except it's still quite inferior in many important aspects, like unit limit, game speed, build order limit and map size. Luckily you can fix 3 of these yourself by editing a text file, and the devs said they'll have bigger maps in a few weeks tops, but god damn these small maps suck ass, and I have no idea how they thought limiting build orders to 6 was a good idea.

Still liking it so far though.

Mercenaries suck though.

playing with AI is just too easy

Why did they remove the Cossacks 1 tracks?

>small maps
They seem identicals to Cossacks' for the few I saw.
Unit limit maybe a problem, yeah.

And Game Speed really is one. I play on "Fast", and it behaves like Cossacks' normal speed.

And why did they remove the original sounds? I liked the stock explosions.

i like normal speed more.

where is the drummer and commander sound?

I like Cossacks 3, but it feels like building and training units is 2x longer than in Cossacks.

>They seem identicals to Cossacks' for the few I saw.
There were 3 mapsizes in C1. In C3 there is one, and it's slightly larger than the smallest one in C1. With 7 people there isn't even enough room to build your dwellings and you can barely fit a second mill in your territory. Islands are completely unplayable.

>Unit limit maybe a problem, yeah.
It is, there are tons of people in the forums complaining about it. You can only have 10k objects (including both units and buildings) by default, so if you play with 4 people that's not quite 2.5k units per player, which is less than what you usually ended up with in C1 where it was at least 3k per player. Not to mention any match with more than 4 players.

Kinda, everything is slower because the default maximum speed is lower than in the original. You can change it if you go into the gamefiles though, even works in multiplayer.
>hosting a game online with modded gamespeed
>all the noobs crying how the game is way too fast

So it's a bit like Supreme Commander, buildings counts as units too?

I can't say I'm a fan of that approach.

And yeah, I noticed speeds were fucked up. Even through training and building does take more time, even the units are slower.
Cossacks 3's fast speed is equal to Cossacks' normal speed.

That was patched out a day or two ago

>tried very fast speed
did you guys have fun playing this fast? i want comfy war not MLG or starcraft tier

Malware ain't cheap

Because let's be honest, it takes YEARS to gather enough ressources on anythng that isn't very fast.
The Warlords Battlecry games have a similar issue.

>So it's a bit like Supreme Commander, buildings counts as units too?
They both count as objects, and there's a global limit of 10k objects on the map. I haven't checked it, but maybe even trees, rocks etc. count towards that limit, it's more of an engine thing than a game design decision.

>And yeah, I noticed speeds were fucked up.
Go to data/scripts/ in your cossacks folder and open dmscript.global with a text editor, search for "gc_settings_gamespeed_2 = 14" and change that to 24. You might have to decrease and increase the speed in-game for it to take effect if you have it set to very fast by default.

>thinking very fast in C3 is anything but painfully slow
Hey there grandpa.

the hussars are just too fast on very fast.

for me, normal is just fine except when you want to move ship or maybe cannon where it seems to move painfully slow.

so, what are your favorite nation?

i pick British Empire because its the nation that colonize us during the age of sail.

I like France because they have uber-dragons, and they allied with the rebelling americans just to fuck with the english.
Literally just out of spite.

What is the function of the 18th century pikeman? It seems like a waste production time since 17th century pikeman is just there.

They're quicker to train.

How does this game compare to AoE3 in terms of mechanics?

It's actually good.

Then why does it have crap reviews?

too much bugs

How is it a waste if you build them parallel in different buildings? It's not like the 18c pikemen take away from your 17c pikemen production.

it just if i were training 18c pikeman, i does not train 18c musketeer.

>that building/unit scale
Nope, it's fucked. Keep playing American Conquest.

>Anno Domini 2000 + 16
>reading video game reviews

My computer is a giga-toaster but I'd honestly almost consider a minimal upgrade just because I love Cossacks that much. I still play the originals. I'm not even European.

American Conquest 2 when?

and speaking of which, did they give Cossacks American Conquest's musket mechanics or are they still cooldown laser rifles?

machine gun after upgrades

well, are you doing your service for the HRE against the Turk, Cred Forums?

Because people are retarded and like shit.

This.

Wait, you're telling me the only problem with Majesty 2, the only reason for all the hate, is the difficulty?

Well, there's also the fact that Majesty relies a lot on AI to be fun.

And Majesty 2's AI is even stupider than Trump.

playing this game reminds me of the times when playing video games was fun

Same here.

anyone torrented it yet?

Too many patches right now. Wait for it to be stable first.

i am, i use fitgirl repack

>fitgirl repacks
absolutely fucking disgusting laddie

with so many groups dead, idk which one to choose anymore.