One third of umbilical cord

>one third of umbilical cord
>you need 4
What did miyazaki mean by this?

You only need 3 you retard.
You can miss up to one and still have enough.

There are 4 because you can miss one.

You only need 3

You only need 3 you stupid asshole. Also worth noting that there are three thirds that exist in yharnham while the fourth is in the dreamlands, so technically it's not a part of the three thirds that were found in reality.

>game where it is literally impossible to "miss" something
>he put an extra item in case you miss the others
What did he mean by this?

Go to the Iosefka clinic before Rom and you will miss one of them

>game where it is literally impossible to "miss" something
Unless you've been reading the walkthrough and stuff, you will have missed something on your first play through.

>OP make a retarded thread
>get BTFO by everyone

Best felling

Not if you let Iosefka live.

ayy (You)

ACSHHHUUUAAALLLEEEHHHH

my friend missed Hemwick AND Cainhurst his first playthrough. He also fucked up Eileen's questline and never got kidnapped to Hypogean Gaol. I know several others did as well.

I fought Iofeska and missed the whore in my first playthrough. Second playthrough the whore got murdered by that black church woman who wants the good hunter's cock, so I'm glad there is a fourth umbilical cord.

>4/3rds of an eldritch babby umbilical cord
>you know the incomprehensible elder god babby of the universe
>the eldritch one?

I always thought the 4/3rds thing was supposed to be a sort of joking 'you, as a human, will never understand them' kinda deal and I thought it was hilarioud

fuck I forgot Iosefka's Clinic as well.

FUCK you can also miss the Vileblood Queen and Alfred's quest. anything else I forget?

>playing old games

I hate to be the guy to say this but you've obviously never played this game, or at least not gotten very far at all, if you think it's hard to miss something. There are whole areas you can easily miss on your first playthrough, and the umbilical chords are the easiest thing of all to miss.

Not to mention you can completely miss the upper ward stuff and thus Ebrietas.

You can miss two of them.

>tfw on the first playthrough beat the celestial emissary, looked around the room and then just left
Ebrietas was just below me, I never knew.

>filename

You can miss 3 actually, only one is outright given to you and the rest all require at least a little bit of work to get. One needs you to revisit the whore after beating the Wet Nurse, one is in the hidden real world workshop and the other needs to you to sneak into Iosefka's Clinic after the blood moon and give her a good fucking.

AW FUCK you're right. How did I fuck up so bad? Upper ward is my favorite area too...

that hes a hack who cant count. dont read too much into from being shit devs

Thank the cosmos for notes. The window looks highly shady though.

Games have shit you can miss? Wow based Miyazaki did it again.

You can go to the workshop at any point in time before the final boss to get the cord there though. The other two can be permanently lost if you go to a certain area at the wrong time or let an NPC get killed.

It's neat how you break the window and then realise that you were just above the room you fought Amelia in a bunch of hours ago. And then just a bit further is an elevator that takes you to Ebrietas just beneath that room. It makes me wish I could play it for the first time again and not know that Ebrietas is behind the shrine with Laurence's skull the whole time, it's such a weird juxtaposition but it works really well.

you are assuming the pieces are only from one cord

>Every infant Great One has this precursor to the umbilical cord
>Every Great One loses its child

that's one thing I hate about DaS2. there were no consequences to killing important npcs. Unless you call a measly amount of souls to talk to them a penalty, which it isn't especially after they added the ass gape ring.

Oh I thought we were talking about everything in general that isn't mandatory, not stuff that's only able to be obtained under certain circumstances and all that. My mistake.

>it's a "dumb faggot tries to make a console war thread about a game he's never played and gets blown the fuck out" episode

This, the name of the item is just 'Third Umbilical Cord', not 'Third OF Umbilical Cord'. I think the implication is that Great Ones have three umbilical cords for whatever reason and the third ones are the ones with the eyes and thus the good shit.

or that there has been more than one infant great one
which seems more likely

That's apparently a translation error. I remember reading on the wiki that in the EU version it does say Third of Umbilical Cord.