When are video games going to finally grow out of being childish """fun"""" crap and start being proper simulators for...

when are video games going to finally grow out of being childish """fun"""" crap and start being proper simulators for intelligent adults to partake in? fucking overgrown children holding the industry back from what should be its ultimate goal: realism.

Nintendo thread?

>not fun = bad
Kill yourself.

>Expecting decent Manhunt thread
>Pretentious shit instead

Nice thread, OP.

How is Manhunt? Back when it was released, my bros just told me how omg epic the violence is and that it's a game about making snuff films
Is it fun if I don't see the inherent enjoyment of overviolent shit?

I don't think there even is an ultimate goal, buddy

>manhunt 3 never ever because rockstar literally earns millions of dollar with GTA online shit

The game is a pretty nice stealth game, but violence has a really big spotlight, it's basically the way the game rewards you fory your skills

I had alot of fun with it
it's mostly a 3rd person stealth action game, even if you're not into over the top violence it can still be enjoyed...it's pretty hard though, I died alot on my first playthrough

Kinda like Punisher? I liked that game

As in, the violence aspect being like Punisher
Obviously Punisher isn't a stealth game

>There will never be a Manhunt 3 on the RAGE engine in 2016 graphics

Kinda
it's more focused on having to single out the enemies and executing them one by one

Ill take the bait, OP. Here's to (You)

When I boot up a game, I dont want realism. I have to live with "realism" every time i go to work and patch up a GSW, or work on a cardiac arrest, or just generally see the worst side of life constantly. If you want realism, work in public health; you'll never crave it again.

I like being able to come home after a long ass 12-14 hour shift and play something like Serious Sam or some comfy builder.

>literally "i don't like realism because my life is shit"
Well done

If you want realism, then go outside for once.

I played it when I was 17 or 18 or something like that. The violence was something new, but the novelty wore off pretty quickly. I distinctly remember the scrapyard with the nazis. I battered every single head with the bat. Eventually it got pretty boring.
Apart from that it was a decent, kinda difficult stealth game.

Why do people even like this game? Admittedly, I never played more than an hour, but it was just plain boring.

>upset because i prefer fun
okie dokie friendo

Looking forward to work on monday?

>I chose a shitty job so the gaming industry should suffer from my poor judgment

Looking foward to being a useless NEET forever?

Work today actually. Truth be told, i love my job and wouldnt trade it for anything. There are just things i see on the day to day that no normal person would enjoy in long bouts. Hence, I enjoy games because they are fun and i dont strive to find realism in my games above all else.

Nah, I have a job I actually enjoy. But are you looking forward to work on monday?

Every western game is already nothing but realism shit, at least Jap games can still be goofy and not serious.

>people falling for this Reddit tier bait

>You dont like realistic games, so you must hate your job!
good logic there.

they haven't even got to photorealism yet, let alone realistic AI, talking to npcs, etc.

stop being a pussy and join the army or something if thats what you want to experience, full dive VR is a ways off yet.

>omg how can you fall for this????
>proceeds to (You)

I am german and I immensely enjoy simulators.
However, most of these are really shit, but if they were like ETS, I would play them all to death.

I liked the version with arbeit macht frei better

I know this is bait, but vidya is never going to abandon the consumer market in favor of some other endeavor like training or whatever. Also, nearly all realism sim games suck dick. I'd much rather train and get my pilots license and go out and fly a real plane then fucking play a VR flight sim. There's little value to realism in games for the consumer who has no fun playing them, the developer who has to limit their ideas/creativity, and the publisher who makes no money off selling boring niche training sims almost no one wants.