"If wasn't for consoles PC gamers would be left with MOBAs and chinese e-'sports' ''

refute this claim

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/233610/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_exclusive_games
imgur.com/LCa0GLp
steamcharts.com/app/311210
store.steampowered.com/sub/76403/
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/04/17/nearly-37-of-all-registered-steam-games-have-never-been-played/#23de08404f85
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_game#Industry_crash_and_aftermath
youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Sega_Saturn_emulators
youtube.com/watch?v=lHoOKLWIMKU
amazon.com/Etekcity®-Composite-S-video-Converter-Upscaler/dp/B00B2B9Z20
ambery.com/costorgrgbco.html
youtube.com/watch?v=A2apX0JEREc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>PC gamers would be left with MOBAs and chinese e-'sports'

Is that a bad thing?

Yes, and casuals like are proof of this.

>typical steam user

Are they saying pc gaming wasn't a thing before consoles? In fact PC gaming was better before all these shitty ports became a thing.

aren't video games made on PCs?

>Refute this claim

Every other game released for PC that's not a MOBA?

Are you implying that the only games on pc are either mobas/shitty esports and console ports? Because you could not be more wrong

Who are these dumb looking faggots?

Casual money is just as valid as hardcore money.

And grand strategy

So why don't pc games work?
Every pc game is a bugged out mess

Correction.

What's the alternative?

FIFA, COD and Battlefield year after year? Maybe a couple of Ubishit games?

Lets not pretend here. The selection of available video games has drastically decreased, and it decreases further every year. Outside of a few niche games every platform has basically the same selection of games available, and it's not a good selection.

>if it wasn't for consoles segregating the market Devs wouldn't make games
What?

Video games would be a lot more niche without consoles but pc would still have a very diverse range of games. Assfaggots probably wouldnt even exist with consoles.

Never had a console. Never really played a console game other than mortal kombat and some basketball game at friends, though I sucked cause I have no experience with controllers.

This list is from about ~2006 to ~2014, I think.

There's some valid weight to the argument but it's ruined by the usual excessive exaggeration bullshit people use in these discussions. If you're going to be a faggot and say "just mobas and esports" then you're being stupid.

That said, many games would simply not be made if consoles didn't exist, either because the audience for it primarily exists on console or because the consoles themselves offer a baseline hardware for the developer to target that would be -lower- on PC if the developer wanted as large an audience.

People who play games like would be unaffected since these games have a primary audience on PC, but a large portion of the modern industry simply wouldn't exist or be the same if consoles didn't exist (easy example, almost every japanese game, even the ones like MGS and Dark Souls that appeal to westerners), and many games would be made for worse hardware to accommodate the average pleb with a non-gaming PC instead of targeting console hardware.

Because there would still be a demand for ubisoft open world garbage and crpgs and rts have been a thing for decades. There's always a demand for every major genre

Consoles don't increase that demand magically.

Strategy games

>Consoles don't increase that demand magically.
Yes, they do. Well not magic, but they do impact demand.

Consoles act as a gateway for people to easily get a device that can play video games, and those people will have different tastes and interests then the audience otherwise. Those people want instant gratification and mindless games which is why games like CoD and GTA and Ubi open world games are popular.

That's not to say that everybody who has built a PC only likes slow grand strategy games or some shit, but that making it easier to get a gaming device absolutely does change the amount of demand for certain types of games.

This entire post, everything about it, from the tripfaggotry to the neogaf-esque writing, is pure literal cancer.

>He only plays AAA

Oh user you poor blind bastard, there's so much more available

once you really get into dota, you'll realize other games don't matter anymore.

Who are those retards? And they're wrong.

>implying console games aren't

A well developed game won't have many bugs on launch independently of the platform faggot

If it wasn't for PCs, consoles would be left with Mario platformers and rail shooters

DELETE THIS! THE PS4 GAMES ARE NEVER BUGGED! NEVER!!!

It is also factually true besides its presentation.

"If wasn't for PC, console games wouldn't be made in the first place".

Are you underage or just dumb? PC gaming was on life support during the ps2 6th gen era and the first half of 7th gen before steam for better or worse brought more attention to the then anemic pc market

>to the neogaf-esque writing
What does this even mean?

>pc gaming was on life-support doing the time WoW first came out

Are you outright retarded?

So that means without consoles PC sales will tank

>if i keep calling dota a bad game itll become true

>MoW AS2
>Wargame series
>M&B
>RO2
>Squad
Nice fucking list senpai! Be my steam bff

there is like 2-3 good games in your list
what a waste of money, time and energy

Who are you quoting?

were they really that impressed with the new God of War? What a couple of faggots.

DoTA is a good game, DoTA2, LoL and whatever non-WC3 MOBA is shit though.
MOBA died back in 2006.

>That said, many games would simply not be made if consoles didn't exist, either because the audience for it primarily exists on console
Normal people would just move from whatever console they have to the PC. People would still design games made specifically for the controller, except this time you wouldn't have any other limitation that the console provides.

Gaming would go back to the semi-popular state it was at before yearly Uncharted's, Halo's, Last of Us's, etc. and video games would be reclaimed as our hobby, quality returning once again. Don't know about Japan, they'd probably go full mobile or focused on the handhelds.

who's this semen demon

They are only dead in your head

Maybe your tastes changed but those games are good still

What does a console have that even come close to feeling as good when it comes to murdering the other team?

it's true
look at those mustard race whining because tekken 7 won't have crossplay, they literally whining that consoles won't help pc have more player
get rekt dipshits

I don't know, I don't play on shitty wanna-be PC hardware.

Japan would absolutely go full-mobile, which is a terrifying thought in itself. You just need to see how much damage mobile has done there in only the past 3 or 4 years.

>I can say with 100% certainty that if consoles never existed anime would be real. - Professor Mathias Herrmann, CERN

Wow, thanks for nothing consolebabies.

Consoles don't make games. They are platforms for games. If consoles didn't exist, then talent would move to the next most attractive platform.

MMOs
Refuted

He's threatened by people who can type worth a shit I guess?

>next most attractive platform.
AKA PC.

Fighting games.

Mobile and these weird card collecting/MOBA games are fucking huge here in Japan

Refutation:ur a faget

moba, e-sport and indie shovelware

yeah WoW was doing great, everything else not

Oh wow, you got the implication. Here's a gold star.

Oh wow, that's the joke. Here have a golden turd.

I'm not going to argue a truth. Fucking internet...

Stop being retarded OP.

That's 100% true tho. I hate it when people say PC gaming is bigger than ever, because what that really means is Dota is bigger than ever. I can't hold it against PC as a platform though since probably 75% of console sales are for Fifa, Madden, and CoD.

I play games on PC 99% of the time because better hardware, controls, and community (to an extent, Steam makes it easier to find quality people and fuccbois), and being able to have games from every gen right in front of me instead of having to set up different hardware just to play an older game. But just about everything I play is was designed with consoles in mind and the PC version as an afterthought or port, even if that version is better.

What this world really needs is consoles designed in the same way as Steam Machines so porting will never be a problem and the notion of exclusives dies. Then everyone can be happy.

>Japan would absolutely go full-mobile, which is a terrifying thought in itself.
Is it really though? Japan saying "fuck it" and going full phone gaming wouldn't really be that much of a loss imo. Specially after their poor showing last generation and them never really getting the hang of HD development (had they instead fully embraced the Wii, I'm sure it would've gone very differently).

And besides, Japan treats mobiles as fully realized gaming platforms so it's not like EVERYONE would stop making normal games. Square Enix recently published their plans for "premium mobile/handheld games", which is them saying that they're planning on making actual, non F2P/gacha, games for mobile in addition to their regular free phone offerings.

Ummm.. Not cool..

>not being an idiort

Is this 2006 again?

Your list is filled with console games though.

Square, Capcom, and the others aren't going to just sit down and die if consoles suddenly disappear. They'd sell the same games to the same market, just through PC or any other method they can.

Consoles are just a $500 tax every eight years or so.

even sony announced they're trying mobile again
but yeah, mobile can't really sustain the industry as it is now, too many limitations, can't sell because everyone play f2p games and you have to be really lucky to get a successful game out of it. and the chances that it will get abandoned soon and you'll have to shut it down are high

Industry without consoles = no Mario/zelda/final fantasy/dragon quest/gran turismo/tekken/street fighter/resident evil/silent hill/metal gear etc... x 100

industry without pc = no moba garbage /indie shovel ware / green light more shovel ware

Pc is irrelevant trash

Wha? Oh. ok, so you spoonfed information, because you're "spoonfeed-chan". I get it now. Pretty bad delivery though. Aren't you supposed to wait until someone asks for information?

6th gen was fine, hell in 2004 PC got VtM: Bloodlines, Far Cry, HL2 and Doom 3 (Say what you will about Doom 3 it was a big deal at the time). GPUs were selling like crazy with all how fast physics and graphics were improving on PC. It wasn't until around late 2005/2006 with Vista and GFWL where the "PC is dying!" articles started getting serious. That's when Microsoft started exclusively focusing on 360 over Windows gaming. Even then it was never 100% dying, I remember lots of people playing Oblivion on PC due to it exploding as a modding platform.

industry without pc = no games can be made retard

It depends. You can definitely have a good amount of success with paid app games, but just don't expect to sustain a huge company with it. And there's also the still huge problem of Store curation and exposure being extremely hard to get if you're mid/low tier developer. But this is mostly in the west though, Japan has less of a problem with this. Again, because they see mobile as actual gaming platforms too.

UHHHHHH WHAT ARE DEVKITS EXACTLY UHHH

>confusing arcade games with console games
It's bizarre that people do this, especially since arcades back in the day destroyed consoles in terms of hardware, half the time early consoles were just trying to eat scraps off the arcade market.

>This is the audience who uses a pc for playing games.

Doesn't this generation of consoles have the most PC ports of any generation?

Which I am really glad, since then I don't see a reason to buy anything better than my toaster laptop.

which is a good thing, exclusives are aids

Stale thread gets stale reply
>4x
>grand strategy
>RTS
>flight simulators
>definitive FPS
>definitive multiplats
>space sims
>engineering
>city builders/tycoon
>MMO
>emulation + backwards compatibility spans decades
>mods
>survival
>Total War
>Red Orchestra
>Rising Storm 2
>Xcom 2
>Wargame series
>Van Helsing
>Path of Exile
>Grim Dawn
>ArmA series
>Mount & Blade
>hundreds of thousands of other titles
If 0.1% of PC games are good that is more than every game released for every console.

>silent hill/metal gear

Oh god, whos gonna tell this dude the bad news?

Don't worry, some Sonnyger will say some irrelevant downright inaccurate shit to "dispute" this.

It's true for console ips, many console franchises which are played on PC today would simply never exist without the console market.

In my eyes PC as a gaming platform has failed, it has failed to maintain it's very own games and genres and even now that it's technically off life support, many PC exclusives genres are outright dead or have been in slow decay for years because the majority of PC players don't care about PC games, they just want to play mobas/mmos and AAA console ports.

>Empire at war
>Bf 2142
>Fear
>Prey
>Oblivion
>Hitman
>Tom Clancy games
>Medieval 2

Man, PC was sure dead

Genuinely, what went wrong with Arkham Knight then?

>Consolefags: Lol those PC gamers & their League of Legends, why don't they play real games? Like FIFA 16

You're forgetting a very important thing: Arcades were machines built to focus on gameplay.

PC not even in the slightest. That's why all the games after starcraft are utter shit. Even poorly made shit.

WB outsouced it and didn't give the team enough time. I wouldn't even say it's Iron Galaxy's fault, Killer Instinct runs fine on PC, so I'm inclined to blame WB.

*Arcades were machines built to focus on getting all your coins out of your pockets

fixed that for you

People have been gaming on PC's forever dude. Look at LGR's channel, there was plenty of games for Apple II, MSX, Amiga, and of course DOS. Hell gaming was an important marketing point for Windows 95, and the reason DirectX became so monolithic of a desktop API.

All this genuine praise of exclusives, as though the games wouldn't have been put on PC if consoles didn't exist.

What was wrong with AC:Unity?

Devs kits are mostly for testing and debugging.

*Arcades were machines built to get you gud.

Fixed again.

No wonder since vidya is shit due to stupidly believe every device needs to be an all-in-one machine... like a pc.

Then you have cancer like this running wild counting mods and emulation as legit pc games.

A game made for pc is shit on other platforms, a game made for a videogame system is shit on pc.

Emulation is just for the practical matter.

x
>>grand strategy
>>RTS
>>flight simulators
>>definitive FPS
>>definitive multiplats
>>space sims
>>engineering
>>city builders/tycoon
>>MMO
>>emulation + backwards compatibility spans decades
>>mods
>>survival
>>Total War
>>Red Orchestra
>>Rising Storm 2
>>Xcom 2
>>Wargame series
>>Van Helsing
>>Path of Exile
>>Grim Dawn
>>ArmA series
>>Mount & Blade
>>hundreds of thousands of other titles

not a single good game despite all the genre naming

If wasn't for PC, consoles would literally have no games, because there wouldn't a place to actually code the freaking games.

Now if you go into a more sane supposition, "no PCs able to run modern 3D games", you still get a pretty awful hit on the game development because 3D artists NEED a powerful machine.
They need it to make the high detail meshes that are used as base for the normal maps, ambient occlusion baking, procedural painters,actual shader preview etc etc etc..
If was not by the 3Dfx graphic cards to be more specific, Fast 3D would be exclusive to machines tailored to it like SGI boxes, and those made apple gear look cheap in comparison.

Of course, a big studio is still able to afford let's say 2 million dollars in SGI boxes (200 SGI machines for well 200 artists), but actually finding 200 actually good 3D artists in this scenario would be impossible, as would be a job of elites pretty much.

Also consoles would still be stuck on the PS2 era, because the development of 3D tech in general would be slowed down significantly.

>No wonder since vidya is shit due to stupidly believe every device needs to be an all-in-one machine... like a pc.

Serious question user, Do you own a PC or laptop? If so, then which of those, if not both?

It's not accurate.

>implying Cred Forums wouldn't play Battlefront II, Battlefield, and maybe figure out which CoD is decent enough to win against Reddit (AW).

You clearly don't know what devkits are if you think the games are made ON them...

Well it sort of depends on what you mean by "wasn't for." This kind of argument always reminds me of Palsgraf v. Long Island Railroad Co. Someone was racing to board a moving train, and two employees of the railroad helped him. The passenger dropped a package he was carrying, which contained fireworks, that exploded and knocked down some railway scales. The falling scales injured Palsgraf, the plaintiff, who sued the railway company for negligence, since it was their employees who helped the man board the scales.
Your post reminds me of this court case because both employ exactly the same sort of "all things equal" non-logic.

Was Unity not bad across everything? I assumed it was just poor porting

Arcade > Console > Handheld > PC

You can't count pc as a gaming device the same way as today.

Today is literally dead, and ravaged by faggots and your regular shitlords. On the 90's it had... something.

Then Sony fucked up badly and now there's no difference between a platform or the other, and I'm not talking about the Xbone.

To my understanding, the game was produced on PC so would it not be easier to port it without issue onto PC rather than Console?

Exactly, except in the case of BAK, the porting was done backwards. It was made with the sole intention of consoles in mind, then last second (something like 6-8 weeks) the PC version was tossed to some crap team who could never have made a decent PC version in that team, even under the best circumstances under that time frame.

PS4 and Xbone are literally PCs. They use x86-64 architecture. If it weren't for the locked OS you could do anything a PC could.

Use to have both.

They also have low performance potential.

to be fair anyone who buy a ubisoft game, specially ac, deserves to be raped

I refer you to Just cause it was made there doesnt mean its going to run well.

>useD to
Why used to? do you have either now?

Blatantly false because there are so many other games and game genres that existed on PC before consoles did

even the fucking lifeless 32X has better games than PC
Just look at the top seller on steam

Thats not the definition of a PC

what is it?

Exactly my point; a videogame system must be it's own thing instead trying to look like the rest.

That way they can achieve their purpose for developers and boost the creativity in the process of making a game.

All this crap started in the previous gen and look the effects.

People really doesn't understand the place of consoles and pc on videogames. They just try force their failed meme into the shitstorm.

They both have but pc is just not a relevant one.

Top seller has nothing to do with the library of games user.

Theoretically, although you still have to put in effort to optimize it and make sure it doesn't crash. An example in No Man's Sky, where they pretty much just released the dev build and called it a day, to the point where the PC version actually has PS4 files in it. It might run on the developer's machine but that doesn't mean it will run on anything else. The opposite would be Capcom's MT Framework games, which was built to run smoothly on both 360 and PC, which makes porting easy.

>the only good side of PC gaming is being able to download genesis, pc engine and snes emulator and play real games

No, lately technology hates me.

Anyway I'm getting a laptop soon hopefully to play emulators like a motherfucker and play it on my consoles too but meh.

tell me one good steam game that is not on any console

>I don't know what a PC does and that means this is the only thing its good for

>it has to be a steam game
what if my game isn't on steam?

Well, the list is a bit bigger than that,including several awesome games that if you try to play on the real system will cost you a kidney or two to pay for the scalped up price.

Explain what your definition of good is, and ill try and find a PC exclusive game, but have good reason why it doesn't happen often(or for long).

Are you guys using your gaming pcs to more stuff than playing games?

From brain: Cloudbuilt, anything Zachtronics, Distance.

Yea why wouldn't I?

Why would I artificially limit my computer to JUST games?

I run 2 servers off my PC including a backup NAS across my network. I make videos, rendering included. Just to name a few things

Yeah, because you know, instead of having a computer and a console, why not combine the 2? Some people have to be productive for a living....and find it easier to shit post on a computer than a console Internet browser.

>Distance.
Nitronic Rush is the fucking shit, how's Distance faring?

name it

store.steampowered.com/app/233610/
this shit looks like an android game

There is always Polish shooters,

EVE online, Guild Wars, most MMO's and shit

Any non-DRM game on GoG

This is dated as fuck. Specialization is kinda pointless nowadays since memory and storage is so cheap. Yes, you can still use specialized OS' for things like headless servers and embedded devices and such but for most purposes things are built to handle as many tasks as possible. There's a reason phones aren't just devices to make calls anymore. Dedicated gaming devices have been dead forever, the industry was moving towards this ever since the PS2 had a DVD player in it, and maybe even earlier. Technology is about adaptability, it's why in the west mobile phones appeal more than handhelds. Who the hell wants to carry around a 3DS or Vita?

name good games not korean shovelware

God damn son what games DO you like then?

Honestly, there haven't been a good pc game since Unreal tournament 04...now its just massive and pc masterrace joke got out of control.

Well, that's true, after all it does more stuff aside from running games since it isn't a dedicated platform by itself.

As for the rest you get the dedicated platform for it.

Also is wrong, patience rewards in this era. I got ps1 & ps2 for a buck.

Play the free predecessor of it, nitronic rush and you will quickly lose this sensation.

It's not a car game exactly, but more like a acrobatic platformer racing game that happens to feature cars that can jump and fly (and get cut in half by freaking lasers).

DOTA2 and CSGO makes 55% of pc gamers today. (others big chunk are probably MMOs and Overwatch/CoD)

It is saddening era of pc games.

PS1 and PS2 games are easy modo.
Go play saturn games, or X68000.

>EVE online
>Guildwars
>korean shovel ware

wow you're fucking stupid

He's a shitposter on Cred Forums, he doesn't like games

It's a computer dude, I use it for stuff that you need a computer for. Why own a console and a laptop when I can combine them?

Quite well.
Its probably living off a bit from custom player maps, but its quite nice.

>55% of pc gamers today
Steam is not all PC gamers

>give me a subjective opinion so I can call it trash to "prove" my argument

arcade fun
pic related

Answer me damn it.Also, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_exclusive_games click the Metacritic score twice so it lists it by Highest downwards. Should be a good indicator of "good"

I asked what makes a game good, regardless of platform.

>they only ever play that one game
Nigger.

>believing metacritic
>believing the publishers that pay shills to write fake reviews

>metacritic is a good indicator

In the "most popular" lists? Yeah sure. Most casual pc players eat that shit up.

If there wasn't the latest AAA games in the front page then it would be some random f2p junk.

But those lists have never mattered.

Okay then faggot, you sort through that list yourself to find a game you think is good.

>list filled will console games

what the fuck are you trying to prove?

As to OP. PC people won't ever admit that consoles are still important in the advancement of the industry.The only people holding anyone back are toaster PC faggots. If it weren't for them, PC would have been miles ahead of any console game today.

>I want only good games
>[names a few]
>HURR I SAID GOOD

More people than ever have access to PC games, and this is a bad thing?

>Technology is about adaptability, it's why in the west mobile phones appeal more than handhelds. Who the hell wants to carry around a 3DS or Vita?

Everyone who wants to play videogames it seems. Numbers say over 100 millions of Nds owners.

Also, smartphones are the proof of how bad it can get.

That's when emulation saves the day. Yet still never achieves to be the same game experience.

Anyway, Nigga I have 2 Atari so...

You sure you didn't quote the wrong person?

>Undertale
>top 5 best PC games of all time

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahha

Steam cucks will defend this

This game has been played before here. No matter what he says, you call it shit. I'll throw a few out and wait for your inevitable "shit" reply
Mount & Blade
Red Orchestra 2
Europa Universalis 3
Stronghold
Cossacks 3
STALKER

its a general idea, get it?

>More people than ever have access to DOTA and CSGO
>and this is a bad thing?
the bad thing is they probably only play MOBA for the rest of their lives.

If it wasn't for PC, neither would modern consoles seeing as how most of the damn multiplats for them started as pc titles or pc developers.

"the same game experience" is a CRT and joystick adaptor away from you.
Most emulators, specially with 2D systems get the digital part of the system 1:1 to the real deal in commercial titles, but capacitors and electron beams can't be satisfactorily emulated, nor physical joysticks.

>its a general idea, get it?
Except its not, there are potentially over a billion PC players between the US, EU, and China. Steam is barely indicitive of the US and EU players and some 125 million people participated in the hardware survey when there are some 200m users on steam total

Yeah, that's for what a computer for. Not for playing games specifically.

>I asked what makes a game good, regardless of platform.

You didn't get the memo? The gameplay. The ones with the chances of getting great gameplay are exclusives.

But it literally saved it from further oblivion.

Warcraft
Starcraft
Pillars of Eternity
Guild Wars
The Stanley Parable
Cities: Skylines

You are literally choosing the most subjective part of a platform and making it the defacto reason to chose.

The only reason PC has exclusives is because the transition from a PC to console setup creates a terrible execution, or there isn't a large enough audience to pander to since all console players are literally casuals. There's no logical reason to have exclusives anymore.

>only
Source? or is this anecdotal bullshit?

What's wrong with it?

>Except its not, there are potentially over a billion PC players between the US, EU, and China.

and all of them are playing moba, autistic clicking (Starcraft, LoL,etc) or some porn click adventure made in japan

>PC has exclusives that are dominating the market and being massive success, impacting even popular culture
>people want to hate them because "waah I hate mobas"
I don't get it

>and they're all [memes, memes, and more memes]

you're unoriginal

autistic clicking (i.e mobas) are not real video games in case you are not aware.

Shouldn't you actually support an argument before demanding others to refute it?

>I can't stop posting memes

oh lawdy there it is
the classic dismissal of a game because your little fucking peabrain does not get it

>Yeah, that's for what a computer for. Not for playing games specifically.

Then what makes a Console so specialized in playing games?

>they're not real videogames because I said so
We're seriously going there again, aren't we?

Why? There's no argument.

Nigga, you missed this whole thread before posting that.

Not really. Go to play Ds games through your emulator of choice and try to tell me if it's the same.

I know from experience, been there, it doesn't get any near to it.

And it goes the other way too; Earthworm Jim on pc was amazing, on consoles it wasn't that great. Remember Starcraft 64?

Game experience is the whole deal, not just parts of it.

>memes aren't real
>my mind works differently
>clicking like a retard is an indication of skill

Also you can't find a good pc game that don't need 3 or 4 patches to be fully playable

You keep insulting user; But you have yet a single fact to provide otherwise.

I want to play on a PC, but among the 112 games in my Steam library, with the exception of few that I already completed, there seems to be nothing really interesting for me.
What would you guys recommend?

>consoles
>meant for playing games specifically
That's why every console is a bluray player/DVD player right? The last dedicated gaming console was the Gamecube, and no one bought it because it didn't have a fucking DVD player. Microsoft and Sony's consoles are expected to stream movies and play music as well, and even browse the internet. So how exactly is a console different from a computer?

PC Battlefield series sold millions.
Stalker series sold millions.
Crysis sold millions
C&C sold millions
Supreme Commander sold over a million
Deus Ex 2 still sold over a million

>ALL YOU PLAY IS MOBAS AND INDIE SHIT AND MMOS
>those aren't the only games on PC that are popular
>MOBAS AND SHIT HURR DURR

yes you're fucking stupid

>3 or 4 patches
you realize console games also receive patches right? are you so out of arguments you nitpick this type of shit

>Also you can't find a good pc game that don't need 3 or 4 patches to be fully playable

Well mobas are not real games just like pachinko games are not real games

It's never going to be a real game like pic

They we're created and conceived to do play games from scratch.

Can't say that for post gen 7 consoles though.

Just stop user. You got rekt and couldn't answer him.

As i said, most 2D systems.
DS emulation is still a bit flimsy because it skips some timming syncs etc which do potentially change the frame rate, also the audio amplifier of the DS do have some analog filtering i think that is not available on emulators outputting the raw audio.
There IS an option to make the timming more precise, but i'm not sure if it fixes what you're pointing out as my computer is not fast enough to deal with that bullshit.

user just accept reality
it's nice to have a good graphics card to play console ports or dolphin (gamecube, wii,etc) but PC gaming was only good during mid 2000s when lans were a thing

>Can't say that for post gen 7 consoles though
Then why even bring it up?

>People's primary defense of consoles is that they are dedicated gaming devices
>Yet Sony and Microsoft advertise their consoles as general entertainment devices and try to make their consoles closer and closer to being HTPCs every gen.
The gaming industry has literally abandoned your idea on what consoles should be.

>just accept my poorly formed argument because I just spewed memes for the last 5 posts

Consoles have been multimedia devices ever since they started using discs.

>PC gaming
Whats the difference between PC gaming and console gaming?

>many games wouldn't be made if consoles didn't exist because the audience is on consoles.

But how could that be if consoles didn't exist?

well the original play station wasn't a DVD or CD player it could only play those proprietary games

Not really, the Mobile market still would have eventually exploded, and indie low budget games could have still existed on both.

Not to mention games like Quake, Doom, Deus Ex have always had their biggest following on PC

So you who defends consoles tell me, if it wasn't for consoles you wouldn't even be playing video games.

Also Consoles don't combine faggot you cant pit EVERY console vs PC, if you could afford Every console there is no way in hell you couldn't afford a PC too, obviously you'd love all games

Seriously, what is the difference.
tell me

All those old ass but good games

thankfully there are less indie shovelware and no mobas on consoles

You're not actually saying anything meaningful. Consoles are just machines, there's nothing special about them, nor is there anything magical about a "dedicated gaming device." You don't understand how computers or electronic devices in general work.

>be me
>loves to play soccer (11v11)
>futsal (5v5) got introduced and became popular
>many of my friend migrates playing futsal
same like how MOBA kill RTS, because of that i hate them with a passion

>having a smaller Software library

....and that's a plus how exactly?

The argument doesn't make sense since most popular multiplat franchises used to be PC franchises. So the games likely wouldn't have been made at all if gaming PC's didn't exist, and they would have just been PC franchises still if consoles didn't exist.

it keeps autists, 13 year old masturbators and other retards in a safe distance

>it keeps autists, 13 year old masturbators and other retards in a safe distance
Weird... I thought that the COD playerbase was mainly on console.

>no true scotsman
you like memes, so have this one

Microsoft is saving PC with Xbox crossplay. It's not Valve trying to rip you off with steam machines

Nigger, that's a shitty fucking 2d sidescroller.

it's a top seller on steam

That bullshit started recently actually, shitty gimmick aside, the ps2 had what made it a great videogame platform; great games.

Consoles began going hell the moment they got an OS instead of their simpler screen they used to. I already said it, pay attention user.

Also using a mouse for the touchscreen doesn't work as well, emulation show its flaws the newer the game system.

It goes further.

No, they weren't. Hardly a gimmick. They fucked up when they focused on that more than they should.

Better games, the hardware is wasted.

Without consoles we won't be seeing cancerous console fags saying such claim.

>Metal slug
>shit

Steam cucks everybody. Just another reason why nobody takes pc games and pc gamers seriously.

Stop being an idiot, thats an Arcade game. It could easily exist on PC without consoles ever existing.

We would still have Mountain Blade and mods. That's all I need in my life. Spent 2 years playing this game for 8+ hours a day and still play it every week for a few hours, getting ready for butterlord to rule them all.

PC gamer money is as valuable as console faggot money.

devkits are literally a hardware meant to run the compiled code from a pc to the said hardware for testing and debugging purposes...

congratulations,you are most definitely an idiot who knows nothing about game development,i kindly suggest to mix some ammonia and bleach and inhale the concoction in order to remove yourself from this world...nobody will miss you i guarantee it...

For what it's worth, videogames are a romantic subject.

And a pc is also a machine, just an adaptable one. There's nothing really special on it more than what you want out of it. Take it as you want.

imgur.com/LCa0GLp
steamcharts.com/app/311210

The maximum number of players on steam ever playing BO3 isn't even a 10th of a random day taken from 6 months back. Stop trying to deny your heritage.

>Pirated by millions

>wahhhh, stop disliking what I like

PS4 is not a good example because there are not much good games for it but still I'd rather have COD players and not moba and indies

Consoles always get the best games.
We'll be playing Nioh while PCucks are still stuck of League of Legends and Undertale.
Feels so fucking good, man

And? still sold millions.

*stuck with

store.steampowered.com/sub/76403/

We need more diversity on PC.

I know its on Steam, I assumed he was speaking in the context of OP's rule of "a world without consoles"

>b-but there is nothing wrong with Undertale! And Gono Homo is also a masterpiece!

>2015
This was on consoles already in the 90s with the Neo Geo AES/Neo Geo CD and later on PS1

What's this game Ni Oh I been reading about

This is subjective and anecdotal

>We'll be playing Nioh
Is there a legitimate reason as to why exclusives still exist?

>Gono Homo

Ayyy woah, I don't know any PC gamer who supports that trash while not being a shill

>there are people on Cred Forums right now that try so hard to be contrarian that they throw logic and reasoning out of the window and try to bend reality in their own favour
Don't worry, your post already murdered me.

> the ps2 had what made it a great videogame platform; great games.
It was also sold for 418 dollars adjusted for inflation.

I dunno. You can easily google the list of all the PC exclusives that are not e-sports or MOBA garbage. Games of all genres. Even indie games these days are more fun and sometimes better looking than most AAA games they shit out each year.
Refute this: Consoles without exclusives are worthless.

I sent them a link... They must prefer to accommodate their confirmation bias

You guys shill pc master race all the damn time and this was your punishment. Gone homo and undertale.

>Consoles without exclusives are worthless
At least consoles still get amazing games these days.
Not even 1(one) good PC game has been released in the past 10 years

The PS2 also was a convenient DVD player retard. It was the beginning of people using consoles as entertainment devices.

>2 bad games
>a software library of literal thousands

We'll bear the brunt of this one I guess

You mean PC exclusive right? Otherwise you're speaking out your ass and you know it.

It's not an ubisoft game.

>why no one take pc gamers seriously: part 2

>You mean PC exclusive right
I mean any game built from the ground up for PC, a native PC game. Not even ONE good PC game within the past decade
Pretty bad, right?

/thread

Civilization 4 and 5
Endless Legend
The entire Total War series

Alright, I'll bite. What's a good PC game supposed to be like according to you? Also, what are these amazing games you speak of on consoles?
I'm genuinely curious, because people tend to shit a lot, but rarely do they explain their reasoning.

I always thought Cred Forums consists of retards but board is the icing on the cake

It's kind of funny how people NEVER EVER'd Nier 2 nonstop and then when it was announced for PC Cred Forums pretty much exploded with anti-PS4 shitposting for like the entire day. Don't you people ever learn? The more you shitpost about exclusivity the harder the backlash when the game goes multiplat.

You are just going in circles, you state facts and they get refuted so you switch to a subjective argument, get caught up spouting fallacy and then you go back to trying to spout facts

What is the point of this thread, you just keep ignoring confrontation

>I mean any game built from the ground up for PC, a native PC game
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Not much is going to be made exclusive for PC when millions of prepubescent faggots spent daddy's money on a potato.

>rogue-lites
>fun and borderline competitive online games
>WRPGs
Yes, truly PC gamings worst

>"If wasn't for consoles, OP wouldn't be such a faggot".

refute this claim

Its okay man, Ive got a picture of console fags for you.

>Not even 1(one) good PC game has been released in the past 10 years
Endless Legend, Civ series, Stalker, Total War and Red Orchestra say hi.

if we are talking about CURRENT YEAR, then yeah, pretty much

Got me, fagmotron.

Technically Final Fantasy XV was built from the ground up as a PC game. That's one of the reasons why it has so many technical issues on console.

When you're talking about faggots, you mean like a homossexual or an anthony burch like man, that is too wimpy even for the buttsex?

see

>What's a good PC game supposed to be like according to you?
ultima online, diablo 2, broodwar
back when PC gaming was the best
>what are these amazing games you speak of on consoles
Demon's Souls, Nioh, Forza, Shin Megami Tensei games, Etrian Odyssey, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter
Consoles just straight up shit on PC gaming nowadays, my man

That is so ludicrously idiotic that i don't have too.

>Build PC for music editing.
>Say fuck it i can spend 200-400 bucks more and game.
>Finished something that could be considered a gaming PC
>Suddenly a 10 year old kid runs in front of me
>Stick it's greasy dorito crusted toy in my face
"M-Muh Consoles..."
>Starts to shit itself when it looks at the PC and runs away.
>Every time...

An homosexual anthony burch.

Actually, casual money is worth more simply because it's a higher quantity.

>underage calls others underage

everything he said was true, though
no need to be triggered

>don't give a shit about exclusives
>just play 99% of games on PC because it's comfier and I get higher performance
Console exclusives don't really appeal to me because I don't enjoy playing on console. If it comes to PC I'll play it, if not then whatever, I'll play something else. I honestly don't understand why people buy an Xbone or PS4, the paid online is enough to never buy one.

>ultima online, diablo 2, broodwar
back when PC gaming was the best
You're Nostalgiafagging pretty hard

>Demon's Souls,
inb4 "dark souls series is shit"
>Forza
I personally don't like racing games.
>SMT
Normies ruined this.
>Phoenix Wright
Do you like visual novels user? cause it sounds like you like visual novels.
>MonHun
Depends which one, cause Monster Hunter online and Monster Hunter G is on PC
>Nioh
not even out yet
>Etrian Odyssey
some no name shit game?

People can be stupid... Stop the presses.

I can live with this; It's true, exclusives gives worth to the product. If you're going to get a computer for playing games it applies as well.

Third parties fucked up badly.

No, it wasn't. It became a thing with 360 & ps3. And they are entertainment devices...

Ca-cave story?

see and Stay underage my man.

So "effectively assexual"?

>posts listing games are completely ignored by shitposting OP

all of those franchises are consolised right now, user-kun.
PC still loses

Welcome to "11 year olds with access to the internet."

>no it wasn't
Are you retarded? My family literally used our PS2 as a DVD player, probably watched more movies on it than played games. One of the primary reasons it sold well was being a combined DVD player and console, that was a huge advantage over the Dreamcast which played a different format of DVD.
>m-muh games
Do you honestly think PS2 sold well in the west because of the mountains of japanese shovelware and JRPG's?

>Is there a legitimate reason as to why exclusives still exist?

Japan is the magical land of consoles, where PC gaming literally doesn't exist. Even Iran and India have PC gaming scenes, but Japan doesn't. Japan is also home of the Almighty Sony and their equally almighty PlayStation.

>Console game goes to PC
>lol PC is shit
>PC game goes to console
>lol PC is shit

Alright user, you win. by your criteria PC is inferior.

That's not even what we were talking about, regardless of the fact that not every game mentioned was ported to consoles and there are dozens of other PC exclusives that are still being released today. At least try to stay on topic shitposter.

>Dreamcast which played a different format of DVD
Dreamcast used slightly upgraded CD's. They had nothing near the capacity of a DVD.

>But you have yet a single fact to provide otherwise.
see
>pc gaming was on life-support doing the time WoW first came out

Why are Sony and PC fans always throwing shit at each other? I sometimes see Nintendo in it, but censorship seems to be more prevalent in their threads.

Team Ninja doesn't like PC because nobody was stupid enough to buy their $800 worth of DoA DLC and just pirated it/modded it in instead. I didn't realize the Japanese could outjew even the Jews.

Welcome to Cred Forums, where contradiction is the norm.

>I didn't realize the Japanese could outjew even the Jews.
Japs have been jewing it up for decades.

>My family literally used our PS2 as a DVD player, probably watched more movies on it than played games.

Yeah, your family... which nobody cares about.

The rest of the people bought it for games/hype due its success/piracy was rampant.

>RTS games
>Grand Strategy Games
>City simulators
>Roguelikes
>Roguelites
>First person shooters
>RPG's
>Sandbox games
>Indie games
>Visual novels
>Point & click adventure games

OP is a tremendous faggot

Once again, this argument is anecdotal.

>The rest of the people bought it for games/hype due its success/piracy was rampant.
Lots of people bought it for the dvd player. Stop being underage.

Good, someone needs to out Jew the Jews. Destroy each other so the clean up is easier.

Some fag is going to point out VN and call you a fag

Consoles are for people who just want to play games headache free and also have a very large library of modern games to play.

PCs are for elitist and poor Russians who just like to show off their e-pen to everyone. They have the audacity to claim that consoles ruin gaming when the entire PC platform only plays games like DOTA, LoL, CS GO, and shitty pedophile MMOs

>Valve, Blizzard, Any worthwhile indie

We'd be quite fine.

Nintendo was considered to be an anticompetitive and monopolistic entity when they had the NES, and went on to sue numerous companies who dared drift away from their rules. That should give you a taste of why western corporations despise Japanese ones.

Denial.

They don't want to accept they're the same.

They were brought to consoles by the first ps and now even Sony acknowledges their strategy was successful by turning the "PS EXCLUSIVE" into "PC PORT ASSURED" when it's a third party game.

>entire PC platform only plays games like DOTA, LoL, CS GO, and shitty pedophile MMOs

Oh shit nigger, your right. I guess I wasnt just playing Dying Light. Must have been LoL in disguise so we ONLY play those games you listed.

>PS2 had nothing but ports of other consoles games
>wow thank you based Sony etc etc
>PC has nothing but ports of other consoles games
>wow thank you based Gaben etc etc

Really makes you think, huh?

You're only proving my point that PC gamers are immature.

Go and tell that to all the units sold in LA and some other parts of the world, they weren't few.

The existence of many other genres that started out on PC. Whoever said that can only think of MOBAs as being a PC thing?

It's kind of funny looking back at the PS and seeing how many games were *also on PC even back then.

Alright what the hell i'll bite, you never said they were immature, you called them elitist and user was pointing out your hyperbole, So if you REALLY didn't mean thats all they play and you REALLY meant "PC gamers are immature"

why don't you just kindly restate what the fuck you were trying to say

If this is real, because usually the last month of development they rush their game to be ready for consoles because they want sales and their producers won't back down on the release date, leaving them with no time to fix what should be the better version on PC.
So in short, to answer your question, It's because consoles are holding them back.
Shit game, but good example: No Mans Sky.
It didn't even have native 1080p on PC release because they gutted it so hard for consoles.

By what, calling you out on your bullshit generalization?

What can LA say, they love a good DVD player

>consoles
>playing games headache free
You haven't played many modern console games, have you?

>No consoles
>PC games never abandoned Mod Support
>No DLC as we know it
>Anyone can make any game they please

There is literally nothing to support that claim.

And it still ran like dog shit on PS4
>webm relevant

Nothing in my post praised the concept of exclusives. My entire post was about how certain games regardless of what platforms they're currently on, wouldn't exist or would be different if consoles didn't exist.

I didn't at any point imply exclusives were a good or bad thing.

PC doesn't have a gaming capital because it's not a videogame platform by itself, yet on the 90's and before it had a little. A rare moment when pc had revolutionary ideas when it comes to a game instead of just tech.

For making their first successful they saw that and said:

"I want that type of game on my system... No, I want those games on my system... FUCK THAT! I want that audience to buy my system"

The result: the flood of games and new ips on the first ps. And the obvious success.

There's nothing to refute since that claim is retarded.
PC houses whole excusive generes which consoles will NEVER EVER get.

Yeah without the precious consoles I'd be dying here

>My entire post was about how certain games regardless of what platforms they're currently on, wouldn't exist or would be different if consoles didn't exist

All these ifs with no claims to back them nigger. If Hitler had succeeded, we wouldn't even be dealing with your autism. But that's an if as well.

This is like saying CoD&Battlefield&Fifa make up 60% of all console players.
What's your point?

Hi, my name is user, i have warband, your claim is invalid.

Specially when you can put a chip on it and play copies.

You can play fps on consoles since decades user. Now they are going for rts & mobas.

See what you did? This is your fault! You should have kept your shit genres only on pc user!

Thanks for black tho.

yeah but the PC release was way worse because of consoles, everything said still stands, and its not just NMS but a lot of games.
I mean why would any dev with PC in mind lock a game to 720p, that's console shit. It's the same with 30 fps locks

I was agreeing with you mang. Consoles drag everybody down.

I figured it out guys.

>Console fags bored so they go on their PC
>PC is such an underpowered toaster the only game they can play is shitposting on Cred Forums about how shit PC's are.

Why don't you go browse the internet and forums with your consoles?

>Now they are going for rts & mobas.

You mean some watered down shit version for casuals/a bastardization of the genre.

this is the real answer
/thread

No, I meant shitty gameplays worsened due its controls since it a fucking port for another system which it wasn't conceived in the first place.

I mean some watered down shit version for casuals/a bastardization of the genre.

This entire thread is about an if scenario.

Still doesn't make it any less retarded.

>Pirated
The whole pirating memes a little out of hand for the actual reality
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/04/17/nearly-37-of-all-registered-steam-games-have-never-been-played/#23de08404f85

No, I meant a... You know, that's actually a moba/rts.

fallout 3 and new vegas were an absolute disaster on the ps3

See what I mean?

>you're gay

Refute this claim.

Meant to link this to you, not myself.

I dunno, I've been playing Warframe, CoH2, Xcom, Factorio and Grim Dawn lately and all of them have PC as a primary platform, if not exclusive. Doesn't sound right to me.

Everything was a disaster on the PS3. It's funny that people are saying that consoles are designed for gaming, PS3 ironically was designed to do everything BUT gaming. The "supercharged PC" architecture was meant for scientific applications, not games, and devs had no fucking idea how to program for it. It's why multiplats ran better on 360 and you even saw Japanese devs using the 360 as their primary platform over the PS3. It took monumental effort from Sony to turn it around.

I've come to the conclusion that consoles overall have the better games, simply due to all those "game does game trope" threads listing off tropes that exclusively happen in Japanese games. I also believe that people are grossly delusional when they make those console comparison charts and almost always portray PC as the best, despite the reality saying that PC absolutely depends on publishers to throw them a bone.

>Consoles magically disappear from existence
>Therefore video games from 95% of genres suddenly won't exist!

If consoles didn't exist all / most the games we have now would be on PC.

Good games would rise to the top and bad games would be immediately crushed without hesitation.

Video Games are the biggest entertainment industry by a wide margin, do you think people wouldn't capitalize on that shit?

It's the others way around actually. Just reminding where you and "master race" belong.

Another thing to add, its almost universally agreed that the Japanese make better games than the west, and their games rarely come to PC. Western games, on the other hand, almost always come to PC, sometimes they're exclusive. But the west still owes its existence to consoles, so if PC was an inviable market, they'd go to consoles. If consoles were dead, they would all close shop.

Tldr consoles are who control the industry, PC is much like Reddit in that it always tries so hard to fit in, but no one gives it the time of day.

Wow, Start arguing anytime famalam :^)

>"master race"
Just because some faggot redditors use this shit meme, doesn't mean everyone is that cringe.

source?

PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 vs Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One should be all the proof you need. If consoles didn't have good games, emulation wouldn't be such a cornerstone of PC "gaming".

Yeah, sure...

>there are people who seriously think clicking and typing fast is an genre in video games

gg ez

>PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 vs Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One
You, and all other console players, own an operational form of all of those?

Did I miss something?

gg ez 3

>This machine despite underpowered has more great exclusives than 30+ years of pc exclusives

>pc gaymes come to consoles
>nothing happens
>console gayme comes to pc
>[shitpost loudly]

If consoles have so many games why are you people always on your computer shitposting?

>exclusives

>no such thing as emulation

>you, and the majority of console players, own every single console along with this or even all those games or even intend to play on them

>Consoles are for people who just want to play games headache free
Yeah that 30fps totally isn't headache inducing

maybe in the next 3 years it will be released a SD/USB adapter that runs backups on saturn

I can see steam cucks selling their fancy GPUs to buy one of those

I refute it with a single copy and pasta.

>As the video game market became flooded with poor-quality cartridge games created by numerous companies attempting to enter the market, and overproduction of high-profile releases such as the Atari 2600 adaptations of Pac-Man and E.T. grossly underperformed, the popularity of personal computers for education rose dramatically. In 1983, consumer interest in console video games dwindled to historical lows, as interest in computer games rose.[9] The effects of the crash were largely limited to the console market, as established companies such as Atari posted record losses over subsequent years. Conversely, the home computer market boomed, as sales of low-cost color computers such as the Commodore 64 rose to record highs and developers such as Electronic Arts benefited from increasing interest in the platform.[9]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_game#Industry_crash_and_aftermath

wow, i havent played a console port in almost 5 years, and ive only touched dota 2 once

yet i regularly put a shitload of hours into gaming every week.

all this civ v, csgo, rising storm, kerbal space program, quake live, and arma sure are getting to me... so glad consoles are the only reason why these games exist

Of it was, that's when they appealed to masses who wanted a console that can make things like a pc.

If consoles didn't exists none of the games you could emulate would have been created.

Furthermore, it wouldn't have received a single port of those shitty third-party games and nobody would have tried to milk that cow like steam you won't even be drowning in those glorious indieshit.

PC faggots are truly retarded...

He's just trying to sound smart despite not having a point

>maybe in the next 3 years it will be released a SD/USB adapter that runs backups on saturn

Did you just have an aneurysm? Nothing about that made sense. Try again.

Sorry, but PC had so many, MANY games, you probably don't know even 3% of em.
The principal advantage of consoles was in the past that most good games got some nice marketing coverage as well.

Homeworld.

>>As the video game market became flooded with poor-quality indie games created by numerous hipsters attempting to enter the market and adaptations of every console port grossly underperformed, the popularity of consoles rose dramatically.

fixed

I'm talking about the possibility of playing downloaded games
youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E

if you already knew about this it's time for you to go back to shitddit with your technical rant

>tfw this will happen once again and Sony and Nintendo might actually sink away as giants and become 3rd party unless they properly adapt

Are you 5 years old?

also don't forget that it was steam that made 14gb patches become the industry standard

*latest PCcontribution to the gaming industry:
early access DLC

What on Earth are you blabbing about? Also fun fact, Sega was originally interested in developing an official emulator on PC for Saturn, they just couldn't figure it out since Japs don't fucking document anything. Also the complete failure of the Nvidia NV1 probably didn't help things.

Do you need me to point and click you to get it because can't do it by yourself?

>popularity of pc rose dramatically.

Fixed.

>youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
are you ignorant or just fucking stupid? Sega Saturn Emulators have been around for YEARS

>early access DLC
>introduced by pc gaming

lol, its like you forget about the halo 3 beta dlc, where you had to buy crackdown to play it at all if you werent lucky enough to sign up during the kickstarter period

Actually huge download and patch sizes are 100% consoles' fault. Because of blurays devs no longer feel the need to compress games anymore. In one gen we've gone from 5-15gb games to 50-80gb games.

oh, and the socom 2 dlc which you had to buy the fucking $150 ps2 hard drive kit to use

Actually, If you could, that would be helpful.

there is only one that works and the compatibility is very low

no one bought the Socom 2 DLC maybe some kids in USA

>only one
emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/
>lists 4

Actually there are at least three that work.
But SSF does rape the rest in compatibility and speed but it don't do certain things right like the shinning force 3 audio and is kinda dead i think.

you are either retarded or underage, in one gen we went from 400mb games to 4gb games

battlefield 1942 was 600mb, then literally 2 years later half life 2 comes out and its fucking on FIVE cd's

>Needs handholding.
What a casual, you must play a lot rts. Don't mind me, just shitposting for shits and giggles. You seem a really nice guy.

that is because you are a retard that don't know about saturn emulation

next time visit at least a decent webiste
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Sega_Saturn_emulators

>SSF is the only Saturn emulator worth using. However, it is closed source and only for Windows.

>and is kinda dead i think.
Because no one really cares about the Sega Saturn or any games on there.

>However, it is closed source and only for Windows
They put that however in there like I'm autistic enough to be some sort of linux or macfag.

You too buckaroo.

> I create shitty kneejerk edits and I suck cocks
literally you.

SSF made Saturn playable on PCs for years.

>SSF
don't even play Sonic Jam and Panzer Dragoon properly

Go back to your neogaf sub forum

>A well developed game
games were a lot less buggy 20 years ago, you know. And it has nothing to do with times being simpler back then.

Actually, i checked the site and there is now this "test version" from 8/9/2016 wihch is quite recent as fuck.
So the rumors of the death of this emulator might be greatly exaggerated.

Last time i tried to run, those two games run well.
But shinning force 3 music gets all fucked up.

>linux or macfag.

Considering that steam cucks made petition to valve to make more linux compatible games...

If the USB/SD adaptor is released it will have 100% compatibility, free region and even homebrew.

It actually does, though.

I couldn't give less of a shit about Linux personally

Yeah, PC started with text games, then point and click, them we got simulators, them RTS, TBS, GS, we got into FPS and at the same time ARTS, most games that was multiplat had had way more content on PC. Only at the 6th generation videogames could see games that was basicaly dead genre on PC. Then EA and Crytek came with a game that was heavy as fuck to run with normal rigs and sold like shit. They blame the pirates for it and then PC gaming changed forever.

But you will still need to get a sega saturn, and a CRT or decent upscaler (probably the framemeister because saturn loves to throw all sorts of weird resolutions and it probably will beat the crap out of your chinadongle).

I'd argue consoles lead to the exposure of video games to the general public, which increased their market value, which very much decreased the sales of niche games like MUDs and that sort of thing, leading to simpler games like MOBAs.

>want to play games headache free
That argument got invalidated since the current gen came out.

>the entire PC platform
What do you care what other people play

interesting enough a s-video to HDMI 30 bucks adater would do the job
Saturn games don't look as bad as the PS1 on HDTVs

However to fix that 240p problems I'd use some chinese upscaler at 70 dollars. Not the best but at least can output 240p and has VGA Out

Id argue the exposure to the general public is what made gaming shit today. Not because of the expanded playerbase, but because of the people trying to take advantage of that larger playerbase.

PC games have gotten WAY, WAY easier to play thanks to Steam. DOS gaming was legitimately for autistic people, there were a shit ton of things that could go wrong and you'd have to hunt in the BIOS for hardware issues. Even in the late 90's/early 2000's lots of PC games had technical issues. People complain about broken ports but most PC exclusives were broken on launch as well. Hell, they still are, Bombshell and XCOM 2 had issues on launch this year. Still I'd say from 2007 onward PC gaming has been getting easier and easier to get into, that's part of the reason why it exploded at the tail end of 7th gen.

Those retrogaming autists actually did a good research on that:
youtube.com/watch?v=lHoOKLWIMKU

I agree. It's just that OPs question seems to not consider that fact (if it turns out to be a fact, that is)

Dos was not THAT hard.
All you had to remember in most cases was your sound blaster settings.
The ol 220,7,1,1.
The shit only got serious when your autoexec and config sys were too bloated with TSRs and your conventional memory was low.
Some games were annoying as fuck with the amount of conventional memory they required.

the problem if I remember this video enough is that they don't offer easy solution to S-video/component to HDMI with real upscalling

this one is not actually an upscaller but it does work without lag

amazon.com/Etekcity®-Composite-S-video-Converter-Upscaler/dp/B00B2B9Z20

This one seems a better alternative but I never tested
ambery.com/costorgrgbco.html

This one however works great for the price (about 70 dollars)
youtube.com/watch?v=A2apX0JEREc

not anymore, consoles have gotten worse and worse over the years compared to PCs.
General purpose PC hardware simply became so powerful that special console hardware becomes pointless. Special Console Hardware increases development times(both initial development of the hardware+"OS" and games afterwards) and cost. 20 years ago PCs were pretty shit so consoles could gain significant fidelty with special purpose hardware. But even then, you know, Doom, Quake, UT etc. happened.

>The only people holding anyone back are toaster PC faggots.
lmao
the only thing holding it back is the consumerist attitude and shit like steam sales.
Also, you know, gaming """journalism"""

>dota
>casual

kys

>and FPS's

>and TPS

>and real time strategy games

>and turn based strategy games

>and space flying games

>and point n clicks

>and train / bus simulators

>and japanese hentais

haha silly user

once a game is on pc is not a console game anymore

because it plays better on the pc.

>industry without pc
no games at all,

do you think they make games on fucking microwaves?

oh yeah, i 'm 20+ now, my childhood was Age of Empires 2 etc. so i never had to mess with DOS and the like. But at least that was because the OS and the hardware was shit and not because the devs weren't trying. Nowadays launch issues are because everything is rushed etc.

PCs with the Console OS

sometimes just the console OS, that people instal on their OWN pcs

All normies play are >mobas >cinematic movies >battlefield >fallout 4

Oh look, some console autist complaining about Steam sales again. Fuck off, every single industry has sales, because it just works. The point of sales is to get you to buy things that you wouldn't ordinarily buy at full price. Steam sales are so influential Origin, GOG, Desura, Microsoft Store and the Oculus Store all have them now as well. they wouldn't do it if it didn't make them money. hell, Every single online retailer has ridiculous sales, look at Amazon and Newegg. The ideas of sales and discounts are so integral to marketing and commerce I can't possibly understand how someone could be against them and actually WANT to pay for a game full price.

indie shovelware at least is cheap

console shovelware is sold at 60 bucks

I guess strategy games, shooters, racing games, 4X games, point and click, RPJ's, etc. doesn't exist on those nu males minds.

Saturn is great
but you dont know what you are talking about

>The point of sales is to get you to buy things that you wouldn't ordinarily buy at full price.
yes, the point is to get you to buy things you might not otherwise have considered because they look superficially good.
No Man's Sky is an example of a game that was bought because it was presented well.
You can find countless people having bought games they're never goign to play due to steam sales.
How is judging by looks a good thing?

>The ideas of sales and discounts are so integral to marketing and commerce
And how is anythign related to marketing a good thing?

If it wasn't for PCs developers couldn't even make videogames.

Checkmate.

Roger made me want tk wear sweaters like that after watching that video

>Every pc game is a bugged out mess
Sure, if you generalize based on specific examples.

So, you insist that pc games are in automated development ? Why dont you ask the devs first that brought shitty bugged out pc games.

If consoles didn't exist atl Ganges would be for to you

don't pretend many people didn't pre-order NMS on steam

I do agree PS4/X1 games are expensive but you can always buy from overseas, used or digitally on sale

>5 different Spongebob games on wii
Come one Nickelodeon, At least nuance the shill.

all those games, 200 of them? 300? maybe 3-4 are worth playing and none of them offers competition to the fighting, shooters and arcade ports that came on saturn

Those are just developers mate...

the diference is that steam did let all those people refund their mistake

>don't pretend many faggots didn't pre-order NMS, regardless of platform.

Fixed

pretty sure pong was out before any pc game.

wait, did gamestop/amazon/etc refuse returns or something?

tetris for 2 was made on a computer radar

>facecam in the middle of the fucking screen

Pretty sure PC was out before pong

Wowee, My bad guys, clearly Sony is a model example of a company who isn't jewing you for your shekels; I take it ALL back!.

That has absolutely nothing to do with why there are sales.

>That has absolutely nothing to do with why there are sales.
yes, i said steam sales were a bad thing for the industry. I never questioned WHY they exist. I said they are bad for the consumer.

>I said steam sales were a bad thing for the industry

I'm sorry, I must not have been paying attention, How are they bad?

>I said steam sales were a bad thing for the industry
alright, that's badly worded. They're bad for the consumers, not necessarily for corporations.
As for why they're bad for the consumer, see

But, you've got to be a pretty dumb consumer to buy something without knowing what you're getting yourself into. Some degree of burden lies with the consumer to inform themselves.

>Sales are bad for the consumer

How is a consumer being able to consume more because of a sale bad for the consumer?

Have Consoles made any quality games this generation?

Handhelds have been killin it with quality lately tho

You DONT consume more though, a lot of the games you buy go into backlog and are never played. Because you bought them because they were superficially decent and the sale pressured you into buying it.
yeah, the customer could read reviews...oh wait those are bought too.

if it wasn't for PC gamers, there would be no consoles

Doom

This

Sales don't pressure you into buying anything. Sales are just there and you CHOOSE to buy them. Also, who says that I don't play the games I buy?

You know what's actually bad for the consumer? Companies that think poorly of their consumers and anti consumer practices. Shit like De Beers controlling the vast majority of diamonds and superficially inflating prices is bad for consumers.

Sales are not bad. Products are bad.

oh boy
it a big one

Or you know, watch actual game play footage of the game after its released and make up their own damn mind.

if it wasn't for PC games then consoles would be stuck with platformers

probably because he wanted to make himself look like he's driving the ship you absolute fucking retarded frogposter

>yeah, the customer could read reviews...oh wait those are bought too.
Steam literally hides reviews by people with keys now. And if you mean "professional" reviews, well that's your fault for preordering or buying on day 1. Also wait for other people to be the guinea pig.

You forgot UT 2k4

[citation needed intensifies]

if it wasn't for pcs, consoles wouldnt exist.

consoles are pcs you dumfuck

there are games other than AAA titles

and before you sperg yes there there titles other than AAA and indie titles

just don't be an idiot