Is this game really as good as other people say it is?

Is this game really as good as other people say it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/sLxyG2lgWpIXQC3n-2SUqQ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not quite but it's still great

it's not the best game ever but the amount of polish and effort the devs put in really makes it stand out

8.75/10

The only good thing about this game is the story and dialogues so you might as well play on easiest difficulty and skip all quests and just follow the story that's the best way to play it

It's DA:I with better writing.

Yes it is.

Ignoring all the GOTY it got, ignoring the massive amount of world building, ignoring the connecting lore and background of the books, ignoring the massive maps packed with side quests, it's fun as fuck.

But you should read the books for the best experience. Plus it confirms that Geralt X Yen is best pairing.

>just finished B&W
>immediately like doing a new game

I can't leave this game. I can't, it's too good. Nothing can fill the void.

lol

It's a pretty good action-adventure.
but you have no impact on the world around you, it's not a game for people who like real RPGs

Gameplay = shit
story = shit
cutscenes = the shit!

I played it for the story cause the gameplay is so fucking redundant and shitty, but after I was through it was just... such blatant bullshit

>but you have no impact on the world around you

Nice shitpost.

Yes, and get the 2 expansion packs, Hearts of Stone is probadly the best story ever told in a videogame.

>It's a pretty good action-adventure
>gameplay=shit
>story=shit

Once you're done with the game, the game sets you back to a pre-game state in which all the important characters just VANISH.
You call that impact on the world? To make everyone with a personality disappear once you're finished?

underage detected

Because that's the only way they can let you keep playing in an open world after the ending.

Aren't the multiple endings good enough for you?

The gameplay is fine for an action-adventure, generic, but fine.
story is mediocre for a action-adventure
cutscenes are fucking great, graphics are great, sound is great, but no RPG-related features.

that makes it a good action-adventure but a fucking awful RPG.

Just like the multiple endings in Mass Effect 3 you stupid underage frogposter summerfaggot?

>>>/global/rules/2

>no rpg related features

>sidequests
>story influenced by your decision
>inventory and loot
>dungeons
>skill tree
>levels

????

Except the endings in Witcher 3 are actually different each other. You have influence over who penultimately becomes the ruler of skellige, emperor of nilfgaard, who your lover is, ciri's fate etc.

This fucking guy. End yourself

look at all those butthurt casuals who think The Witcher 3 is an RPG and lmao exdee the best RPG they've ever played and muh multiple endings which matter so much in a world completely devoid of any life after you finish the game and people even try to DEFEND this in a role-playing-game just like they say "lolol character customization ain't important, just like REAL skill trees or real specs or real attributes"

you faggots will never get it, anyway. I'm out.

I think it's a good game, however I don't think it's the "10/10 best game ever created" game alot of people claim it is.

End self pls Mr baiter

tell me, what seperates The Witcher 3 from an action-adventure like Sacred 2?
It's got multiple endings, skill trees, even attributes, it's got story influenced by your decision, dungeons, levels, skill trees and STILL it is an action-adventure.

Now try to figure out why.
protip: It's not the top-down camera perspective.

The game is like an MMO..you start with a fixed open world and barely anything changes.

Yes.

The combat is so bad you would rather read a book. Good games cant have bad gameplay.

nice fps faggot

I take one skill tree and replace it with huge detailed open world

No, but it's still good. The dicksucking reddit hype is retarded, though.

No

It's a good game, but not 10/10, life changing experience.

The only thing 10/10 is the open world, this game has as much enviroment detail as any linear game on 30x times the scale and it looks really good.

However besides the detail and the unique locations, they didn't manage to fill them with anything interesting.

The writting is good for video games I suppose, but besides a few quests it doesn't really stand out. Anyone could write this, they might even do better when they had the books as a base. The game destroys quite a few book characters with hack writing.

The gameplay can be fun, but it's nothing to brag about, and it can get boring if you're just exploring the world and not doing quests.

I would rate the game 9/10, but only because I managed to play it until the end and explore most of the locations, capping 220 hours on one playtrough with the DLC completed

Legitimately the best game of all time.

>>>reddit

The game sucks because every other RPG you'll play afterwards will feel like shit in comparison to it.

wow, great RPG. I can watch people sit down at a campfire and be comfy but I can't do it myself because fuck immersion.

Also, what - you wanna pick up all items that lay around? Bad for you, they're just useless fucking props, but we added a silly and annoying crafting system nonetheless, so you have to find a huge amount of stupid recipes instead of just looting them, which makes it 10 times more annoying.

That's how I play all story-centric games. Maybe not the easiest difficulty, but I never play them on hardest or whatever the fuck

instead of just looting the items normally*

what a brainfart.

>The writting is good for video games I suppose, but besides a few quests it doesn't really stand out. Anyone could write this, they might even do better when they had the books as a base. The game destroys quite a few book characters with hack writing.

This. Witcher 2 was non stop roller-coaster of awesome emotional moments, twists, huge scale shit going on. And it was with mostly with original characters.

Witcher 3 fizzles out after you do the baron/crones quest. They even ruin the crones when you go back for em later. The best characters are from the books, not original.

>playing on easy

No wonder you faggots complain about the combat.

It's good, it's just not SKYRIM good

>so you have to find a huge amount of stupid recipes instead of just looting them

The game would suck so much more if it wasn't like this though. This at least actually gives you good reason to go out of your way to get the recipes.

t. theBull94

lol both are utter crap

skyrim vanilla was so fucking shit, I can't believe I even played it for 10 hours.

please

Granted, but there are numerous other ways to make that work without adding the (really superficial and annoying, because the inventory is just flooded) crafting system.

Am I really the only one that hates these crafting-systems in modern video-games? Be it in Far Cry or The Witcher, I just hate that crap.

They used to be real well done for example in Morrowind.

What the fuck are you talking about..

Not a lot changes in the open world. If the game had states, like for example after a certain point of the Story novigrad is put under siege. Or the battle lines change, certain villages are destroyed, new monsters pop up , first snows start to fall.

That's proper use of "story-driven open world". This game had MMO static open world with nothing interesting / dynamic in it happening.

It's a great game but if you don't care about the setting or the characters, you won't enjoy it.

Yes.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/sLxyG2lgWpIXQC3n-2SUqQ/

lol someone's mad as fuck

funny thing is they advertised it as "lolol whole world changes because of u" and "hurr not like skyrim where everything is static as fuck lmao fuggin stupid bethesda"

turns out...

I havent played the first two games but a friend is trying to get me to play. Let me have his gog login and everything to download it.

I assume this is a console port, should I use a controller or does it work well with m+kb? Also do I need to know more than geralt kills demons or whatever and fucks alot of people. and i think he has a daughter you can fuck

I helped get a queen democratically elected and I'm pretty sure I helped kill a monarch

Fuck off thebull94, you are not fooling anyone.

>fucks alot of people
that's a meme from the first game. Geralt in the books only fucked other women when he had a break with Yen.

And in Skyrim you saved the world, killed the emperor, ended the civil war, and whatever the fuck else.

Still nothing changed the world.

>I helped get a queen democratically elected

This is you

Play it for yourself and find out.
Some people give it a tad too much credit, but the vast majority here mostly shits on it for being popular.

>This is you

No, I'm a /fit/ male. Stop projecting your shitty fantasies on me you twink.

BTFO

Why does the Witcher 3 getting universal praise anger so many people? There are people who genuinely didn't like it, and that's fine, but most of the people who hate it on Cred Forums act like CDPR butchered their family. I can't tell if it's funny or sad.

It's literally one guy.
He's very angry at his own life, TW3 is just a scapegoat to justify being angry, so he has something to direct his anger to.

It's a counter reaction to the fanboys who hype this shit up , shit on other games, then people play it and find it's mediocre

It's sad that ther are "people" like you. One more reason to not trust strangers.

It annoys me because the RPG-genre will keep following this trend and that means all RPGs are gonna be as fucking shit as Witcher 3.

Basically CDPR butchered my family, nigga.

How?

>Get rid of a succubus
>NPCs start thanking me for what I've done
>There are now more guards on the street I've never noticed because they're no longer being killed

Seriously? Are we really comparing Shitrim to witcher 3?

You are literally comparing a bowl of steaming pile of dog shit to a bowl of quality vanilla ice-cream. Guess which one is better and which one would you eat?

>It's sad that ther are "people" like you. One more reason to not trust strangers.

look at him, look at him and laugh.

stop disliking what I like: the post

>shitty games that make idiots feel like theyre playing intelligent and mature games

burn them all

thanks for proving us right.

Literally all the "affect the world through your actions" bullshit CDPR praised about the game in-before turned out to be superficial skyrim-bullshit

>>There are now more guards on the street I've never noticed because they're no longer being killed

This is not even true... You made this shit up. It doesn't even make sense within the story because the Succubus killed those two guards in self defence. She wasn't a guard serial killer.

>NPCs start thanking me for what I've done

They do so in Skyrim too, so all the effect you have is one new recorded line they feed you everytime you pass by.

game is shit, even the open world

>visit little village
>travel to beach 300 metres further
>huge ass fucking dragon or lindworm chilling on the beach
>villagers completely unphased by it, village is of course not being pillaged by shitty mythological creatures all over the fucking world

at least skyrim has got shitty scripted events to prove that the creatures actually do *something*

>Basically CDPR butchered my family, nigga.
Considering you speak like an ape, i'm glad they did.

"oohoohohooooo the dragonborn >:0"

>*action*
Greetings, fat Tumblrina.

>using the word nigga on Cred Forums(!) now triggers summerfaggots

lol, I should've noticed this sooner.

I think the game is overrated but I don't agree with this. Skyrim had a much smaller map, it had dragons and ancient monsters and treasures on every step. Witcher 3 wasn't a realistic scale, but it was still immersive and a lot more belivable than Skyrim.

>(!)
Oh, so you are a Tumblrina then.

nice arguments
It's about atmosphere and immersion and logic.

Why are there huge ass dangerous as fuck creatures everywhere that do nothing but chill there til' their specific quest is triggered or whatever

Yeah, pretty much. The only people that dislike it are people that like games like Skyrim or other reddit games.

I played on Deathmarch and still found the combat rather boring and monotonous. Dodging and parrying are just too fucking easy.

lol?
do you just greentext random parts of posts?

not even that guy but you are just spouting buzzwords, newfriend

Both are reddit games

This tbqh.

I'm glad for once, the industry knew which game to choose.

TW3's reception is absolutely deserved, the madness of the fat virgins who hate it is just the icing of this delicious cake.

witcherfags evade

It's pretty fun but it gets awfully repetitive unless you're constantly trying to mix things up but the game doesn't really give you much to mix it up with in the first place. I guarantee you'll be fucking fed up of "follow your witcher senses" after a couple of hours but this shit continues on for 100+hrs. Really let that sink in for a minute. Also combat suffers the same thing. There's just not enough depth to it for a game this long for it to properly hold up. Doesn't help that one of the skill trees (signs) feels practically worthless compared to going combat and/or alchemy. You'll probably also get tired of looting shit constantly. My god I hope you don't have OCD or anything. There's just tons of shit to loot and it's tiresome if you try to. Most of it isn't worth it but at the same time you need craft materials. It's a hard balance to strike with how much looting you can tolerate and do you want to risk not having enough materials?

Nah Leddit absolutely hates Witcher 3. They suck Bethesda's dick.

>look im fitting in, guys!
witcher senses are just a lore friendly version of minimap that doesn't require you to constantly look at your hud like in skyrim.

yet the faggots on Cred Forums who love it belong on reddit :7)

>lore friendly version of the minimap

Well how about just using a REAL hand-drawn (gothic 2 is an example) map you have to buy at a merchant? No, we rather have spidey-senses

OMFG

witcherfags defend this

It's okay. Suffers a bit from the Ubisoft open world syndrome.

Not a bad game, but not a amazing game.

is more true than I'd like to imagine actually.

You can turn off the map pointers, the question marks, the minimap but the actual map still ruins it.

Even before you explore anything, you always know where there are things of interest because they're marked on the map. You see buildings in the middle of the forest on the map you know something is there. Kills the feeling of just walking somewhere and running into a location.

Or seeing this building from affar then checking it out

I want to like it but I kinda find it a bit boring.

The world is filled with a bit too much copy paste content, and the quests are to centered around the Witcher-sense follow a red trail thing which is just awful.

>Well how about just using a REAL hand-drawn (gothic 2 is an example) map
yeah that would make a lot of sense when tracking down a monster

I talked about a map with no markers

>Even before you explore anything, you always know where there are things of interest because they're marked on the map

So, just like in real-life, that, before I venture somewhere I look at a map to know where stuff is and not get lost?

your arguments are so fucking silly

What? Where did I say that monsters or anything but the landscape is marked on the map? You'd have to find the monsters yourself without some fucking spidey-sense.

There are plenty of ways to do that. Gothic 2 is a good example again, no markers, no anything, just a map and the dialogues for you to find out where you need to go.

think for yourself, faggot

>install game
>start playing a bit, mostly just to fix the controls and see that it's working properly
>quit
>start it up the next day
>game is now so laggy it's unplayable
I have no idea why.

I would but the devs won't let me.

>polish
I see what jew did there

No it's not like real life at all.

Witcher 3 map has the smallest abandoned hut mapped. Ruins any sense of exploration. There's nothing to discover that's not already discovered by the maps. That's not how medieval maps worked

no
it's a good game, but it's not the GOAT that Cred Forums says it is
if you're looking for good gameplay then play something else

Not even being a smart ass but would a 10/10 game be for you? The only thing holding back the w3 imo is the combat.

>No it's not like real life at all.

THAT WAS MY FUCKING POINT OF CRITICISM?

Exactly the things you've said I argued AGAINST.

Hearts of Stone deserves the praise, base game and BaW are both inferior and shit as far as the stories are concerned

great banter, you're no longer a faggot

this game is 10/10, it's flaws diminish nothing on the game. Amazing in every level. The effort the dev put into the game is outstanding. It was recorded in 7 different languages if I remember correctly.

>it's not the best game ever but the amount of polish and effort

I feel that is one of the biggest issues.
The story, writing and the world is great. Really well done and detailed, but the actual game part is a bit sub par.

Granted that's been a hallmark of the series, but it's even more noticeable now that it's open world and everything is a bit padded out.

>>>reddit

Funny that Witcher 3 didn't need to be modded by the community to be playable.

playable?
It's like telltale games with a lot of button mashing and open world

No. Witcher senses are just a lore friendly version of pressing 'Alt' in the first game, which did exactly the same thing.

you baiting mongolian nigger

xd i watched schinlder's list yesterday it was breddy alride

>small inauspicious text
>SCREEN SMEARED BY RED AND YELLOW SHIT

Lore friendly my ass .

I got frustrated after dying 3 times because I bumped in some caldron in a house.

watch out using nigga on here, we already had some fag getting triggered ITT

summer ain't over yet.

Literally.

Why the best movie that portrait the Jewish people suffering during WW2 is a work of fiction?

mother/son is ok but father/daughter is cancer level fetish

but they said it was true they said schindler was gud boi

Wait, you saw that picture and your first thought was of incest?

I'm a perverted fucker who loves me some wincest but even that is just, damn.

this

fucking disgusting sub-human shit

i was also referring to all the cirifags who wanted to romance ciri

>PC

That is your problem.

But if I played it on a console it would run even worse.

Honestly I wouldn't bother asking for opinions on this game at this point. It's without a doubt one the most controversial games in the history of Cred Forums. Only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself.

Best adventure game ever to exist. Was playing it until 1AM yesterday.

Also recently got into downsampling. Didn't realize the already great looking game could take on a whole new level of detail. (pic is not downsampled, btw.)

It's weird how this game both looks fucking great and awful at the same time.

DITHERING!

I wanna fuck ciri

I sincerely enjoyed it. The aesthetic is unlike any other game (in a good way), and my only complaints are very minor, such as swimming (lol) and having to learn how to fight in a particular way because of the movement (i.e. with some enemies you must dodge then attack, or you will get hit every time trying to strike first. really you should just git gud).

9/10 game overall in my opinion.

It doesn't look that good in still images, but it's stunning when you're actually playing it.