Unpopular opinions.

>The Witcher series is much better than the books they are adapted from

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings
metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how is that unpopular you twat

Almost everyone agrees on that though.

The books are decent young-adult Fantasy books but the games are much more well made and Geralt and the morally gray world works better as Interactive entertainment

The books are B tier fantasy novels.

The games are S tier fantasy games.

Everything regarding Ciri is boring garbage in the books tbqh.

The Metro books are much better than the games

Now this is unpopular alright.

The Witcher games are mediocre as fuck.

First two books >>> some of TW3 sidequests >>>>> TW3's main plot = "Ciri saga" books

Ocarina of Time is just as good as Majora's Mask.

Metal Gear Survive isn't a terrible concept, it's just used in the worst way imaginable.

I like ADS in singleplayer FPS games.

Metro books are better than the games, I'd love to see a horror game based on The Roots of Heaven.

Sapkowski is a fucking faggot, but I'd definitely be triggered too if someone fucked up my lore and characters so fucking much.

Bethesda is the worst developer out there.

There's nothing wrong with pretentious indie games as long as the gameplay's good and the artstyle doesn't make my eyes bleed.

The writer of the books has used very bad words against gamer who play The Witcher 3.

I would never read any Witcher book, because they are not worth my time, but The Witcher 3 is god tier and I'm playing it right now.

>S tier fantasy games

I'd say, if Wolfe and Tolkien are S tier, then the Witcher series is B+/A- tier, depending on the book (last two are GOAT). Still better than that hack GRRM.

A Pole isn't a Pole if he's not permanently butthurt about something tbqhwyf.

He's just buttblasted the vidya trilogy did far better than his mediocre books ever could

The PS2 is the worst Sony console, including handhelds

>Witcher books better than A Song of Ice and Fire

Sapowski is quite possibly the most inept writer i've encountered in the fantasy genre. He genuinely writes like a child and not to mention the fact that he's a complete hack who plagiarized the works of Elric of Melniboné

Imagine how fun a Mistborn game would be, with the push/pull flight mechanics and combat momentum throwing yourself around, sneaking across rooftops stealthily or just jacking yourself up and storming in

The creator of The Witcher should be happy they made a great game series out of his average story series.

Cześć kolego, najpierw ogarnij książki zanim zaczniesz grać.

Enjoy your incomplete experience, faggot.

I'm polish and to be absolutely honest I think that he's very good at writing. I've heard that the translation is shit and I don't think that translating some of the words used by Sapkowski is even possible, so that's probably why.

That said, everything after the first two books is fucking terrible.

By "fucking terrible" I mean on the level of TW3's main storyline.

>A Song of Ice and Fire being higher than B tier
GRRM is a hack who got popular in the fantasy fandom thanks to luck, and mainstream thanks to his works being adapted into something better by other people. The same can be said about Sapkowski though. IMO he peaked with The Tower of the Swallow and The Lady of the Lake, reaching A- tier, and then fell into C tier for the rest of his career. Season of Storms is so bad I only read it once.

the great thing about the Witcher novels is that they're short and sweet. No dragging shit out ENDLESSLY for thousands of pages.

And when he decided "fuck it i'm done" he went at goddamn BREAKNECK speed. Geralt and his party attacking Vilgefortz's castle was absolutely brutal. Not even Miura will be willing to just off his D&D party like that, Guts isn't gonna have all his buddies die when he takes a run at GRIFFISUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Game of plotholes and character assasination better than asoiaf? Kill yourself.

>IMO he peaked with The Tower of the Swallow and The Lady of the Lake
That's odd, because most people seem to enjoy the last two books the least.

Honestly Lady of the lake was pretty bad,an absurd mount of narrators (was it like five? six?) and it was obvious Sapkowski just got tired of the Witcher series so geralts whole Hansa just gets wiped out like right away.

>an absurd mount of narrators (was it like five? six?)
That was my favorite part of the final two novels, the narrative being pieced together from many different viewpoints. I'd place The Baptism of Fire even higher if not for the shitty parts with Ciri and the bandits.
>Geralt's hanse begins to form
>Based Regis gets introducted
>That extremely meta part near the end where the storyteller, hundreds of years later, tells the children a few spoilers from the next part of the story because they don't want to wait a year on a cliffhanger.
>Geralt being knighted as Geralt of Rivia

>The Witcher games are mediocre as fuck.

Mediocre compared to what wrpg series?

Oh, trying to deflect is just dumb

I don't need to compare it to something else to say that it's mediocre. Quest design, comedy, combat and bosses aren't good just because Skyrim is even fucking worse.

>Unpopular opinions.

ME2>ME3>ME1

Oblivion>Skyrim>Morrowind

>Oh, trying to deflect is just dumb

It isn't deflecting, The Witcher series is peerless.

>I don't need to compare it to something else to say that it's mediocre.

I disagree; mediocre means it's of low or ordinary quality compared with other works. The question is compared with what. DA? Baldur's Gate? Fallout? TES? It beats all those pretty handily.

>I'm polish and to be absolutely honest I think that he's very good at writing. I've heard that the translation is shit and I don't think that translating some of the words used by Sapkowski is even possible, so that's probably why.
You can literally say that shit about every non-english writer ever.

Lem's Cyberiad seems completely untranslatable whe read in Polish. And yet it has a very good English translation. It's just that most translators are shitters who are barely better than anime fansubbers who leave words untranslated because they are unable to translate puns.

ME2 is definitely the best in the series, but everything else is just fucked
>Oblivion>Skyrim>Morrowind
I refuse to believe a living breathing human being can consider the absolute joke of a game that is Oblivion to be better than anything.

Most of the people here acknowledge that the translation is shit. But yeah, I understand your point.

>It isn't deflecting, The Witcher series is peerless.

Of course it's not. Everytime someone has a negative opinion about the witcher, some random faggot asks him about his favorite games and then spams at least four smug/laughing reaction pics in the row.

Also, Fallout New Vegas is a better RPG than The Witcher 3.

>I disagree; mediocre means it's of low or ordinary quality compared with other works.

I absolutely disagree, I think that mediocre is something deeply flawed, but still enjoyable to some degree. It's simply "nothing amazing".

Not him, but that order is accurate.

Morrowind is shit

Anyone suggest a decent recap video of events leading up to the Witcher 3? I got to the part where you choose what happens and it's confusing. Immediately dropped

>I refuse to believe a living breathing human being can consider the absolute joke of a game that is Oblivion to be better than anything.

I've got the feeling you couldn't get past all the potato-headed npcs long enough to really enjoy the game.

>Of course it's not. Everytime someone has a negative opinion about the witcher, some random faggot asks him about his favorite games and then spams at least four smug/laughing reaction pics in the row.

That's because Cred Forums is packed with hipsters who like to attack popular AAA titles and hoist up flawed obscure games as being superior.

>Also, Fallout New Vegas is a better RPG than The Witcher 3.

And this is what I'm talking about. As much as I loved NV it's still an incomplete, buggy as hell, mess of a game. Without mods it isn't worth more than 3 playthroughs.

>Anyone suggest a decent recap video of events leading up to the Witcher 3? I got to the part where you choose what happens and it's confusing. Immediately dropped

Have you considered buying the first 2 games?

>Witcher games beats Baldur's Gate and Fallout

>mediocre means it's low or ordinary quality compared to other works

Pic related, it can't even beat Post-Prime Bioware trash and some after thought game like Jade Empire is more critically acclaimed than the first two Witcher games.

Also

Fallout/Baldur's Gate/TES >>>>>>>> Witcher 1/2/3

>incomplete, buggy as hell

Just like The Witcher 3. I understand your point, but overall quality of writing in The Witcher 3 is much lower than NV's.

Also the clunky shooting mechanics are much better than combat in TW3.

>I don't need to compare it to something else to say that it's mediocre

Of course you do. Mediocre, by definition, is a comparative adjective. I can only assume your mother tongue is not English.

You're right, English isn't my first language.

What I meant is
>The Witcher 3 isn't by any means a bad game, but it's still not a particurarly good one. Its quality is right between "good" and "bad".

Explain just one thing that the Witcher 3 does better than New Vegas as far as RPG mechanics go.

Just give me ONE thing. I can give you a boatload of New Vegas things that it has over the Witcher 3.

>Significant amount of roleplaying potential through the almost endless amount of classes/builds (wanna be some chem addicted Powder Ganger? Or how about a member of Ceasars Legion? Or a noble NCR trooper? Or how about a neutrally alligned Bounty Hunter who only cares about caps?)
>Skill checks in the dialogue options (i.e Endurance, Speech, Gun stats all influence specific dialogue options) and the overall complexity of the dialogue system shits on Witcher 3s dialogue that is more or less identical to Fallout 4s in depth (2-3 dialogue options on average varying from "Yes" "Sarcastic Yes" and "Maybe later(Yes)".
>Ridiculous amount of replayability through the various factions.

Witcher 3 does NOTHING(N.O.T.H.I.N.G.) Better than New Vegas as far as RPG mechanics go.

It's only better in terms of visuals and even that is debatable with the endless amount of Visual mods that New Vegas has.

There's a reason New Vegas maintained 10s of thousands of players to this day relative to Witcher 3 that is already starting to die out.

>MGS4 provided good closure to the series
>HD remakes of games is a good thing
>The Witcher, the games AND the books are at best mediocre
>there is nothing wrong with game piracy
>Xenoblade objectively better than Xenoblade X
>Xenosaga was overall a good series and deserves a remake (and releasing the other 3 games that never saw the light of day)

The Witcher 3 is an overrated ultimate "follow the footprints" simulator.

I know this is bait but
>playing W3 on Steam

>lay out a clear and level headed argument devoid of insults with factual statistics (steam player count) and comparing each games gameplay mechanics
>"b-b-b-bait"

Everytime

I know this is bait but
>playing W3

>leaving off the user scores for the witcher

They're 8.8 for TW1, 8.5 for TW2, and TW3 is 9.3

On average, no series did it better.

>Jade Empire is more critically acclaimed than the first two Witcher games.

Bioware does have a way with critics.

>Fallout/Baldur's Gate/TES >>>>>>>> Witcher 1/2/3

This is just trolling.

>he thinks I'll read a post with bait image
I was commenting on the pic, didn't even bother to read your shit. Sorry, user.

>There's a reason New Vegas maintained 10s of thousands of players to this day relative to Witcher 3 that is already starting to die out.

>Implying

Skyrim's still got assloads more people than both TW3 and NV playing it due to all the mods. But some sweaty basement dweller playing sex mods on Skyrim instead of playing TW3 isn't a testament as to which series is better though.

Also NV's saving grace is all its mods as well.

As for all that shit about roleplaying, I seriously hope you're joking.

>Significant amount of roleplaying potential through the almost endless amount of classes/builds (wanna be some chem addicted Powder Ganger? Or how about a member of Ceasars Legion? Or a noble NCR trooper? Or how about a neutrally alligned Bounty Hunter who only cares about caps?)

I literally cannot imagine anything more hopelessly boring than what you just described, please kys.

>lying about the User Scores

Top kek, pic related

>This is just trolling.

It's just called not having shit taste

>I literally cannot imagine anything more hopelessly boring than what you just described, please kys.

I'll help you user.

Playing a sarcastic definitelynot-mary-sue self insert who can only be some variation of neutral.

>doesn't refute a single point

You still haven't listed one RPG mechanic that Witcher 3 has over New Vegas. All you've done is use the typical "d-d-doesn't count" approach.

>S tier fantasy games
If the Witcher is the best that the fantasy rpg genre cam produce then the industry is in trouble. I wouldn't even give Witcher an A.

I'm curious as to how you think any of the Witcher games is better than Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Morrowind and Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

Go on, explain to me what gameplay elements Witcher games have that put it above those games. By that I mean don't just say "Baldur's Gates gameplay was shit", explain why Witchers gameplay was better.

Persona is better than mainline SMT, that's not saying SMT isn't great of course.
It's my favorite series of games and Persona just so happens to be better than my favorite series of games and it's a spin off of SMT
Remember this is an opinion

>User scores that anyone can make

How about Steam scores that force you to confirm that you own the game before you can review it>?

>if I shit on everything people will like me

But I don't shit on everything, just shit games

>I literally cannot imagine anything more hopelessly boring than what you just described, please kys.

If you seriously think that absolute freedom to play whoever you want is more boring that playing an absolute mary sue Geralt is then I can't save you from your shit taste.

>using console scores instead of pc

metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings

metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

PC has more users voting in both games. Particularly TW2 where there's like 5000 people voting on the pc game, and only like 800 voting on the xbox version. Try harder.

polack here

the books are crap aimed at 15 year olds, they have never been annything more. youhave been memed

If you were wondering my favorite SMT game is Nocturne and my favorite Persona is 4

It's not likethe games are any different.

Pozdrowienia z Krakowa.

Sapkowski is literally just mad over the fact he sold the rights for a flat fee instead of percentage, probably because he had little faith in Witcher 1.

Unpopular opinion:

The Witcher series is truly overrated for what a bland series it is.

>witcher 3 is absolute dogshit and the exact same streamlined openworld western trash that Skyrim is

see
I'm using the versions with the most Metacritic reviews.

Either way you spin it, Bioware shits on Witcher 3s when it comes to averages and Bioware has way more games which makes it even more impressive.

2/3rds of CDPRs games can't even break in to the 90s, never mind what cherry picked scores you use. 1/3rd is in the bottom 80s (literally lower than Fallout 4). It's embarrassing.

Witcher Average Userscore:
>8.7

Witcher Average Metacritic:
>87

Biowares Average metacritic:
>8.8

Bioware Average Metacritic
>92

AHHHH THEBULL94 SAPKOWSKI F-FUCK OFF

>b-being so triggered

haha pathetic!

unpopular opinion: