Rocket League is a good game

Rocket League is a good game

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11300084
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

H2gitgud?

Agreed.

Ya it is. It's fun to play when there's nothing else to play. Also the new game mode is kinda fun, but a little too hectic imo.

Show your cars

its artificial fun

Depends on how new you are.

For me what really helped is:
1-Follow where the ball is going, not where it is.
2-Know when to stay back, don't chase the ball 100% of the time
3-Use sharp turn as much as possible
4-Don't be an asshole

no that's drugs

this is just fun

aren't all video games?

Yeah it's great when I want to get reminded how much of a failure I am.

Daily reminder that Hoops is still the best game mode

I just reached level 20 and the game got a whole lot better. I was getting frustrated by teammates fucking evrything it up but that seems to happen a lot less now.

Question: I sometimes see cars 'shorthopping' when they move in a straight line, i.e. they make a small sommersault. Does this help speed up your car, and how do you perform it?

You can disable chat universally and if you toss on music you'll never hear people on their mics

That said, you might want to play ranked
After your placement matches you'll get stuck playing with and against people of similar skill

If people give you shit in any of the "fun-modes" (Rumble, Snow Day, etc.) call them salty bitches and play worse

Reminder that if you use the mouse, you can set each item separately for the different teams

That's pretty fucking cool, hope you're a fag.

I use the muscle vinyl for a Mr Muscle car with a tophat

Are they front-flipping?
If so, that's just a forward jump that accelerates your car about 75% as fast as boost does but in short bursts
After about 4 you'll hit max and be able to destroy anyone for a couple seconds

You do it by double tapping jump while holding forwards
If you double tap too fast it you'll land on your back though, so get the timing down

Reminder you can do the same with RT and LT on controller now

Also that was my car pre-patch
I have several I rotate through now thanks to the animated skins

Sweet, thanks for the tip

just the tip

>It's a 3v3 where people skip replays

>nothing new for gizmo

Just hold forward and double tap jump for some extra speed. Do it 3 times and you can reach max speed without using any boost.

we posting cars?

play 1v1 until you understand the basics of where you should be.

>3v3
>5 people skip replay
>I don't skip because I'l legitimately grabbing something during the break
>everyone assumes I'm being a douche

shitty matchmaking

If you use a controller you can do so with the left and right triggers too

What rank are you guys? I'm have been stuck on Prospect Elite for a while now.

"Fun" is just chemical reactions in the brain, it's all artificial

>1v1
Good luck learning to rotate offence to defense and vise-versa

1v1 will teach you how to challenge the ball but you'll learn nothing about working with your team to keep optimal

Based sports decal

You should prepare ahead of time or do without it, user.

Please be considerate.

Yes I am, the biggest actually

250 hours played and I just hit challenger elite in 1v1

What rank is the average user?

Pretty much entirely Challenger 4 across the board
The only one stuck at Challenger 2 is Solo Standard

One time I hit Challenger Elite in Duel but fuck me if I didn't lose it the same night

the fridge is in the other room user
even if I went fast you'd still be halfway through the replay when I got back

Not true, you'll learn when you should be defending versus when you should be attacking, people who play 2s and up often trust their teammates to be where they should be when they rarely are. Knowing when you should be heading back and when you should be pressing the offense is something you really can't learn above 1v1, it's just too hectic.

1v1 makes you better at the team modes, it seems counter intuitive but it's completely true.

Learning proper rotation takes less time than learning the consequences of your shots i think.

Spending time in both 1v1 and team modes is essential to becoming a good player.

Get bopped by tolio?

A match takes about 7 minutes user, I'm sure you can hold off on guzzling down a soda for that short amount of time.

>tfw you've played since launch but can't get past Prospect Elite

The game is fun as fuck and matchmaking works well but it sucks that I hit my personal skill ceiling so low

I agree with this, I went such a long time avoiding 1v1 and when I finally got in to it I had a paradigm shift and I improved faster than I ever had before, all your mistakes are punished with goals and you really learn things like juking, pressuring, the importance of boost, ect

Made a poll

strawpoll.me/11300084

I'm a simple man

tried making that one DLC car into a tron lightcycle but it didn't quite work since you can't make the base color black (or a dark enough shade of blue/red)

>the importance of boost

So much more important than people would think. Chaining boost pads and keeping max speed will put so much pressure on the other person when you can be there to challenge the ball at every second.

>TEAMMATES CONSTANTLY TOUCH THE BALL
>even when they are in shit position

how do i stop this!?!?!?

Even when i tell them in team chat they just go ''lol its just a game''

I haven't played comp since pre-season or season 1, whichever had bronze, silver gold etc.

I was in gold.

>Cred Forums

Fuck, I'm going to kill myself now.

It won't really stop until you find someone who gets it. Find someone who wants to get better and get into a proper voice chat. You can only go up from there.

Just gotta choke on dick till you gain MMR

This is good advice in general.

I'm looking for someone like that in street fighter, but apparently nobody feels like fighting.