Let's tal about awful battery life

Let's tal about awful battery life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iwX4I4DbvoI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>playing video games more then a few hours a day.

top fucking kek. get a life nerd :^)

I played it for around 4-5 hours straight yesterday and it only went down around 40 percent and its a two year old DS4. You don't play longer than 6 hours do you user? Or are you a neet?

Everything Sony is garbage, the only reason I bought it is for the games from third party

actually the controller has decent battery life when it doesn't have all the shitty PS4(tm) Features being used.

playing it with the PSTV nets me a good 10-15 hours. it's the retarded trackpad and other features on the ps4 that kills the battery

it usually lasts me entire game session, thich is 6-8 hours. I have light thingie disabled and touchpad disconnected though.

> gamepad dies after 5 hours
> pro controller goes through an entire 80h playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles X with only 1 recharge

I'm getting mixed signals here.

> $60 controller
> shitty battery life
> social media horseshit buttons
> XMB2 interface
> $60 buck multiplayer rent
> no fucking games

At least it's better than the one, but I bought one of these at the beginning of the year and I shit you not I haven't played a single thing on it in months. And I'm a fucking Sony-fag!

This fucking generation man. It's never been this bad. Never. No fucking way. Like, mid 7th gen was poor no doubt. Early 5th gen was also a very slow, but there was other shit on PC and 4th to keep you going.

I can feel myself drifting away from this hobby. From consoles anyway. Going to DL Dead Rising on steam and check out this whole Master Race thing before I hang up my boots entirely.

But god damn it man, I just want a good fucking console with some decent fucking games and non of this bullshit. What's the fucking hold up?

this tbqh

They thought having a light (even on dimmest setting) was a good idea. For what reason sony?
>speakers in controllers.
Yeah that worjed for the wii amirite?

>he plays wireless

>Gamepad dies in a few hours even if you take the time to turn the screen off and don't even use it

At this point I just let it stay completely dead and just plug it in to use it with a game that needs it.

if only there was a way to turn off that battery consuming light, maybe on PC or something....hmmmmm

The micro-USB connector is so shitty it's gonna disconnect and go wireless half the time anyway. Why can't they just make a normal fucking wired controller?

Gaming is dead mate.
I cant even muster 4 hours when i go to play a game.these days, most of my time is spent replaying old games.
Even pc, most of my steam is games i hadnt played before from like the 2000s when all i did was console.
>playing system shock 1 right now.

>battery so bad that there's a market for DS4 battery extensions
>this is the controller praised to the heavens as the best controller currently available
>this is what Sonyggers will defend

>muh traditional wisdom
>things were better in my day guys its totally not nostalgia and the lack of responsibility from my childhood making everything seem better

Not sure about Sony, but in the case of Microsoft it's so they can sell you the $60 controller and then sell you a $10 wire and $20 battery.

I suspect Sony also has some kind of overpriced battery they're selling too.

works on my machine :^)

>better than the one?
what? like xbone?

Two double AAs lasted me an entire playthrough of Destiny Collection, sturdier rubber for sticks and has native PC support for both bluetooth and wired. The bone controller is great.

>tfw I just played 10 hours straight of Divinity original sin and had a blast
>Currently playing Dariusburst and it's awesome
Sucks to be you

>Two double AAs lasted me an entire playthrough of Destiny Collection

So about 2 hours?

Looks like a diaper.

I'm a NEET, using the DS3 on my PC was way better, play every day, change once or twice a week. DS4, better controller in general, but yeah, battery life...

>The bone controller is great.

Delete this, you Xbonigger.

have people really had that much trouble with the DS4? I've never had an issue with it being charged or not.

I agree with this one, the Xbone controller is lowest build quality I have even seen on an official controller.

don't forget all those remaster releases

No real issue, just the battery, it does not really bother me, I get around 10-12hrs with one charge, it's still the best controller for PC gayming.

I concur. Meanwhile, the DualShock™ 4 would survive an orbital drop. How can Microshaft compete? Just get a DualShock 4 and install Input Mapper.

>the best controller for PC gayming
>Dinput only, gotta download a user-made Xinput wrapper and hope it just werks

I just plug it in when it gets low. I don't understand the problem. Do people really treat it like a time limit where you have to stop playing or something?

>hope it just werks

It works.

Your point?

>hope it just werks
I'm not a faggot gaymur kid like you are, I like to configure my shit myself.

sonygger trigger warning: anniversary update

My game pad barely lasts 3 hours.

It's practically a wired controller at this point.

>Input Mapper
Isn't DS4Windows better? Input Mapper is bloated.

Not into console gamyming, sorry, can't give a fuck.

>I like to configure my shit myself.

I don't believe you. You recommend a controller with a non-replaceable battery.

They cheaped out and put a short life battery in it. The damn thing even has a cutout for the extended life battery.

Exactly my point, I like to configure my shit myself, I have a bunch of Dualshock batteries, I run a DS3 battery in my DS4 actually, more hour amperage.

Disassembling the DS4 voids its warranty, does it not? That's always a bad sign, basically "we built this so it'll be difficult as fuck to reassemble this without special tools". The average person won't do that. Almost every DS4 will eventually have a dead battery, unless you find one that's hardly been used.

I don't use Xinput wrappers, I use in driver mapping, the driver shows it as a native Xbox controller.
No wrappers or extra programs.

my ps2 controller doesnt even hold a charge. it always dies the moment i unplug it
> mfw ill never buy from craigslist again

>the driver shows it as a native Xbox controller

Like hell it does, that driver is for DirectInput only.

Never had to return a controller in warranty, I actually don't even have warranty on them, bought them straight out separately from a 3rd party reseller.

So I can't really give a fuck about that, DS4 is still the best PC controller.

>incompatible with most new PC games unless you use 1337 hax0r tools
>the best PC controller

Nope.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>THAT driver
>has no idea about WHAT driver I'm talking about

Tbh I think the multiplayer paywall is good to ward off kids and Brazilians. In theory at least.

I saw this when I opened mine up to replace the digitizer after mine capped out and Nintendo wanted $120 to fix it.

It was a

>oh, guess that makes sense

Moment.

Super expensive controller, super cheap penny battery.

I'm talking about the official driver, the only one I should have to use, obviously.

disable rumble and the battery life increases by hours

See
Also see >can't give a fuck about idiots, works fine for me

Oh right, this isn't Cred Forums, people here are too dumb to do anything themselves.

>works best for me, that means it's the best controller to use on PC, period
>what's that, others don't want to go through the 1337 hax0r shit? pssh... not my problem ... kid

I set mine to brightness setting 1. It helps.

This was the system selling lineup of the PS1 about two years in. I bought that console on the back of it.

What line-up can possibly compete for any of the 8th gens? All the items in this list are exclusives. I don't even know that Sony or Microsoft have eight exclusive between them anymore.

Blame nostalgia all you want. The decline is real. Consoles are becoming expensive living room ornaments and there is only so long MS and Sony can keep up the casual interest before their platforms become the next Wii. Not too many of those returned for a second bite now did they?

I think the problem is production. You don't get good games, or enough games, if the devs can't afford to make them anymore.

Best PC controller for what?

You know, the Xbone controller works as soon as you plug it into an USB. No additional shit needed. That one's the best controller for PC right now.

>Meanwhile, the DualShock™ 4 would survive an orbital drop.
No lie, between a clumsy gf and a tile floor, my DS4 has taken more cringe inducing drops than any piece of technology deserves and still works like it did on day one. I'm wondering if Sony raided a nintendium mines

>awful
8 hours wireless just has never been a problem for me OP, and it clearly isn't for the majority of people either. I guess it'd be mildly more convenient if it was longer, and make no mistake I think the lightbar is a silly waste, but this has always seemed to be a particularly desperate thing for Cred Forums to sperg out about. If anything your post has always been a really, really strong endorsement of the PS4. It was a given that a lot of Cred Forums would hate it and shitpost about it no matter what, but if it had any real flaws nobody would be reduced to crying about needing to plug it into USB when you're done a really long session. With the PS3 the huge expense and emulation going away after the first version etc were big things, nobody gave much of a shit about little shit, with the 360 of course the fucking things breaking constantly mattered more then anything else too.

That PS4 bitching is all around either made up ebin mayma or autist shit is pretty impressive really.

k, enjoy shit quality and layout

>Turn off rumble
>Set light brightness to dim

suddenly my battery life isn't as shit anymore

if you want to talk about shit battery life, let's talk about the Wii U gamepad. A controller that was needed to navigate the system menu at point with a battery life of less than 3 hours.

And the Sonygger reveals itself at last.

The Xbone controller has better build quality and layout than any PS controller.

Not to mention it feels better in the hand, has better analog sticks, triggers, battery life and none of that gaudy light bar bullshit.

>the majority of people

shills

>Not sitting close enough to have it constantly charging
Are you even trying user?

>That PS4 bitching is all around either made up ebin mayma or autist shit is pretty impressive really.

no games besides Bloodborne and one Uncharted game

Nice meme user XD!!!1!!!

Never owned a PlayStation, what are you on about?

>accuse anonnof fanboyism
>proceeds to sing the praises of own preference

360 pad is better. Xbone is kind of a direct downgrade

>The Xbone controller has better build quality and layout than any PS controller.
Nice bait, people who actually don't own several of both controllers might fall for it.

Dualshock 3 has a worse battery, it loses its battery life after a dozen recharges.

>tfw just got a 10-foot micro usb charger for my controller and blutooth headset for $5 at walmart
Feels good man, fuck DS4's shitty battery life.

Still I really want one of those 20th anniversary controllers but they'll never go down in price.

Literally every sony-fag I know bitches and moans about the battery life. They're all used to the DS3 and it's fucking 48 hour battery or whatever and the DS4 is fucking joke.

just charge it when you're not playing
if you constantly play more than 6 hours in one session, then you have problems

Everybody knows the DS4 is the most frail out of the bunch. It creaks and the sticks deteriorate after a week.

Biggest fault is build quality.
Triggers and bumpers creak when pressed and the whole thing creaks if you wring it slightly.

Granted, I have had mine lying without use for a couple months.

Sony could improve battery life by 30% if they gave us a option to disable the lightbar.

But nope. fucking Sony will not let you do it. Why?
Becuse fuck you thats why.

i bet he sits in the back row at the movies instead of middle row center

DELET THIS

you have the option to disable the lightbar, it's just a matter of opening the controller and unplugging a wire. takes less than 5 minutes to do.

That can't possibly be true. The two DS3's I have from the PS3 I got in 2011 only need to be charged maybe once a week to this very day. They put my DS4 to shame

>it just takes hardmodding

Jesus Christ
just get used to the Xbox controller what is wrong with you

Poor Sonygger can't handle the truth.

It's actually the touchpad that drains the battery

I forgot where I read it

>it just takes a screwdriver and 5 mins of your time

Jesus Christ
just get a console instead of a PC if you can't even use a screwdriver

>open controller
>void the warranty

nice try faggot

That's not an "option".

I know Sony's planned obsolescence shenanigans. I had to open my fat PS3 several times to deep clean the pathetic cooling system. They build their shit so you give up and just buy a new one. Never again.

This.

My God, DS4 apologists are dense.

Since the PS4 has slaughtered the bone and wiiu in sales shouldn't you be using
>sheeple
instead for your shitposting adjective user?

The textbook made up ebin maymay example user, nice work.
>NOGAEMS XD
>people list a bunch of games
>those ones don't count because
>>it's too popular so it doesn't count!
>>weebshit doesn't count!
>>multiplats don't count!
>>that's too niche!
>>I just don't like that one!
>see ps4 has no games!
>wait why is it selling so well that makes no sense must be shills
okay

chances are your warranty is already void

if not then why are you such a faggot that breaks controllers in less than a year

Ha, come on user as if anyone would willing sit in the back row apart from horny teenagers.

>Literally every sony-fag I know
Yes, you and your 3 autistic friends are definitely an unbiased representative sample of the 43 million+ PS4 owners out there.

it is an option

Every gaming company does planned obsolescence.

>>those ones don't count because
ports from last gen

I saw Sony fanboys hailing GTAV as a reason to own a PS4. That's as if I go around telling people GTAV is a reason to build a top of the line gaming PC. Granted, the game does look neat in maxed out 4k, but that doesn't mean you need anything more than a 360 or PS3 to fully enjoy it. Same goes for MGSV, The Last of Us, what have you. They're not current-gen games.
If you're not into exotic Japanese games, the PS4 does have a mostly unoriginal library. The Xbone has the same problem, but you Sonyggers love to pretend this is not the case with the PS4, even though it shares 95% of its library with the Xbone and is in fact just another Xbone.

>I saw Sony fanboys hailing GTAV as a reason to own a PS4
I've seen xbone fanboys using RDR's backwards compatibility as a reason to buy a new console

Console warriors are retarded. This should not be news to you

Do you guys use your controllers as clubs when you're not using them to play vidya? My controllers are fine since I got them a year ago.

>I know Sony's planned obsolescence shenanigans
No you don't, you're just using buzzwords you don't understand. If Sony was ACTUALLY doing planned obsolescence, they wouldn't have long been the only one allowing you to just stick a completely bog standard 2.5" SATA drive in their consoles, completely supported, and swap out whatever it came with whenever you wanted rather then being forced to buy something massively overpriced direct (or not offered the option at all). You needing to vacuum your smelly fucking basement once in a while so that your electronics do not get filled with crap is not "planned obsolescence".

PS4 has a planned obsolescence of 5 years and the first thing that will fail on them are the memory controllers because of heat.

N-no...

>that image

Most of those games were overshadowed by GTAIII and appreciated after the fact (when the superior ports came out). Now there are multiple weeks a year that see release lineups comparable to that.

post source

To be fair, RDR is one hell of a game. I'd still like to replay it. Might pick up a cheap PS3 copy one day.

I'm not sure that's it, the steam controller uses two AAA batteries, has 2 trackpads, gyrosensor, haptic feedback and a light on the middle button and lasts about 85-90 hours. I think they just used a shittier battery than the one on the ds3.

Anyone knows the battery specs on sony controllers?

WHY CANT WE HAVE THE PERFECT CONTROLLER Cred Forums?
clearly we have the technology for it, we have touch, good d-pad, good grip etc
problem is they are each from different controller, why can't we just mash them up and make the perfect controller, is it because of the jew?

Take it slow bro, you look like the easily triggered kind right now. I take good care of my electronics. The fat PS3 just happens to have shit heat management that surrenders to a few milligrams of dust. The only permanent solution to this problem was upgrading to a slim PS3.

Objectively, the PS4 has over 109 exclusives, 358 console exclusives, and 693 multiplats. As the strongest console of the gen, full multiplats are also a legit advantage for it vs the Bone/Wii U for people who don't have and/or are not interested in dealing with a gaming PC, and of course for those people a console exclusive is the same thing as an exclusive. Non-PC gamers are not much of a thing on Cred Forums of course, but they are certainly a big part of the potential console market and always have been. I mean, that should be pretty obvious, the PC has always had major advantage over consoles and has always eventually gained emulation to play many console games anyway.

So yeah, to go from hundreds of games to "no games wait I meant only bloodborne" involves lots and lots of stupid "well all those ones don't count". There's no way around it user.

I'm not even into Japanese games but I still bought a PS4 because it's the best platform to play games on without spending a fortune. A used PS4 is $150 right now in my area while a similar spec PC is $400+. Every worthwhile title on PC and xbone is guaranteed to show up on PS4 and have the definitive online multiplayer experience. Can't tell you how many hackers I experienced in Dark Souls 3 on PC while there's 0 on PS4.

Because a lot of it is based on personal preference.

You get what you pay for.
>a similar spec PC is $400+
I think you overestimate the PS4 specs desu

The xbone, ps4, and wii U all have roughly 1000 games for their platforms yet they all have the no games maymay.

>A used PS4 is $150 right now in my area
Hook me up, senpai. $150 doesn't sound to bad for GR 1& 2, Persona 5 and Bloodborne.

>buy the extended battery
>lasts 9 hours but has to charge for nearly an hour

>perfect controller
But people don't agree on what "the perfect controller" would be user. Hell, there isn't even a perfect universal controller period, the best one for a fighter is different from the best one for a sim is different then the best one for an FPS etc etc. By nature any default lowest common denominator universal controller is inherently already a compromise.

We can mostly all agree on a LACK of certain features, ie., certain things are clearly a negative waste vs the positives they bring to the table. The lightbar in the DS4 for example being required to be always on is stupid. But when you get into the actual meat of d-pads, symmetric vs asymmetric layouts, button numbers, where to use analog and how, etc etc etc there is endless disagreement. Hell, there is disagreement about the core basic issue of cost. Top quality components and materials add a real premium to the price. Some people argue that it's well worth it, that the controller is your gateway to the entire console and should be one of the most important things about the entire experience so it is worth spending more on. Others want the cheapest fucking thing they can get and want the money put into the console instead (and will argue that premium folks can in fact just go buy 3rd party, it's just standard Bluetooth after all). There's no perfect answer here.

So is the 2nd generation DS4 a joke or do they actually make them with two lightbars now

A PS4 equivalent PC is around $400 plus tax unless you buy the shittiest used parts around like a Seagate drive, a low quality motherboard, and pirate your OS.

It's still just a single light inside the controller, but there's a transparent strip on the top of the touchpad that allows the light to illuminate it as well.

So, effectively it appears as though there are two lightbars?

Christ, sony is retarded.

See here. It's using the same light source as the light bar in the front of the controller.

>The xbone, ps4, and wii U all have roughly 1000 games for their platforms yet they all have the no games maymay.
PS4 has about 1220, Xbone 867, Wii U 814. There is in fact a disparity though you're fundamentally right, they have lots of games. To break it down a bit more:

PS4: 109 exclusives, 358 console exclusives, and 693 multiplats
Xbone: 30 exclusives, 111 console exclusives, 722 multiplat
Wii U: 294 exclusives (53 retail, 241 download-only), 163 console exclusives, 359 multiplats

So they do all actually break down in different ways too, which might also explain some of the sentiments you see on average. For people who really like 1st/2nd party Nintendo IPs for example, the Wii U actually looks a lot stronger then relative numbers might indicate since Nintendo never puts stuff out anywhere else whereas both Sony and Microsoft are much more willing to have stuff be on the PC. Someone much more into weebshit may find the PS4 more compelling then the average person, Microsoft has Halo, etc. These might be niche markets but they add up, and they're more likely to be overrepresented on Cred Forums.

>2nd generation DS4 comes out
>it doesnt fix anything
>it still has the same battery life
>it still has the same battery capacity

BRAVO SONY

It seems kinda neat imo. Now you don't gotta look at the light bar to see which player you are in local co-op. Just simply look down and there you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=iwX4I4DbvoI

the rubber on the analog sticks are supposed to be less cheap but don't quote me on that

Depends on the use case I guess. If you found the lightbar useful before, being able to see what it's doing is an improvement. If you hated it before, obviously seeing it even more is even worse. In particular everyone who uses it with the PC obviously finds it a total waste or even 100% negative, since when you play at your PC you're a lot close so it can end up reflecting up at you, and it takes battery and serves no value.

Frankly what still confuses me is that Sony is so fucking stubborn about trying to force it, it really seems like it just shouldn't be a bit deal to have a little off switch on the bottom. Boom, problem solved. The lightbar is not an expensive thing, it's literally about $1 worth of LEDs and diffuser plastic and that's it. If it could just be turned off nobody would care it was there, it doesn't cost them anything to just have it be inert.

The only explanation I can come up with is that someone high up in Sony's management tree considers it to be his baby and precisely because it costs jack shit nobody else wants to spend the political capital and energy fighting him over it. I've seen it before in a few companies I've worked at and it's fucking annoying even when it's relatively harmless, engineers and software mooks and everyone else lower down the ladder just have to deal with it.

>3 Years since PS4 came out
>Still no option to turn off the light
>Still leaves a glare on my screen
Fuck sony.

Your fault for getting a TV or monitor with a glossy screen desu.

Works fine for every other console. It's sony's fault.

must have been a sony tv also :^)

>use it pretty often
>only needs to switch batteries every few months

Why is this such a good controller?

God tier chink controller coming through.

>xbone sticks
>xbone buttons/d-pad
>ds 4 body minus touch pad
>ds 4 triggers/bumpers
>wired
>turbo

Get a light bar decal then. I'm pretty sure you can get one that covers it up completely.

It's definitely a nice compromise between the two.

>gamesir
for some reason the name is really funny for me

well you see thing like this exist because chink doesn't give a fuck copy right law in their land
you made this thing in america and both companies gonna end up suing each other

I have two controllers. When my PS4 tell me that the one I'm using is empty, I switch, like that I can play on my couch the whole day.

Is it that hard for Cred Forums? I know that place is full of retards.

>This
Will we ever get a controller as good as the wavebird?

>the new model has even more lights so it'll drain battery even faster
JUST.

samefag here, I'll add that a good term for all of you to know if you ever read about/deal with bureaucracy decisions, design committees and similar shit is "bikeshedding". Bikeshedding is used to describe how there is often an inverse relationship between importance and time/bitching when you've got some group of folks in charge who don't actually have any expertise. The joke is:
>Committee in charge of approving and having input on power projects
>Time spent on $5 billlion nuclear plant proposal: 35 minutes
>Time spent on adjacent $150k parking lot: 6 days
>Time spent on $600 bike shed for employees: 7 months, including multiple subcommittees and hearings

Basically none of them have anything useful to say about a massively complex and expensive program, and it's too much for anyone to let them fuck with it in any real way. They just go through some pro forma checklists and ask their experts if they think it's good and that's it. But they want to justify their existence, and as things get cheaper and "less critical" it gets easier to blather, and when you get to the bike shed well clearly everyone is an expert there and can throw in their 2 cents and fight about it while earning a salary.

You see this all the time particularly with technical issues. Like there will be some discussion about a significant memory overflow bug and what should be done about vulnerable services and there will be that group of fags who loudly talk about what a bad font they use on their website or something.

Lightbar kind of feels like that phenomena, it costs zilch and has zero technical aspects to it, it's a color changing light the end, so some set that has nothing to say on APUs or decisions about cache or memory type or latency specifics or whatever could feel free to argue extensively about this shit. I'd be unsurprised if literally days/weeks were spent arguing about the exact shape of the bar, like how rounded it should be or something.

no it doesn't, see . it's not better which is too bad but it's not worse either in terms of power usage.

Is there any reason at all for the damn thing to have a fucking flashlight inside of it?

This is why good chink shit is so superior. Also, good chink shit has the same amount of build quality as any Apple device.

It's a fucking LED you retard, how much power do you think an LED uses?

The reason the DS4 has such poor battery life is because the touch pad is always running as long as the controller is on even when it doesn't need to, and the battery can't support a touch screen running 24/7

That doesn't answer my question, you retard.

I have a 5 meter USB cable so I don't give a fuck

There's a couple of posts of speculation above, but basically no one knows for sure. Possibly Sony only ever tests in brightly lit rooms, so they had to make it super strong, or maybe it's related to limits in the camera they wanted to use back then during design. Only they would know, what sucks is you can't just flick it off.

Not who you're replying to but sorry user, you're incorrect. It's not just a few weak LEDs, that is in fact what everyone thought originally and why originally it just seemed silly but utterly harmless. If you look at a teardown it is in fact a big fucking array of very high power LEDs beyond a honking diffuser, it's ridiculous. If you hard mod it (snip the wire, takes a few minutes) it really does add a noticeable amount (at least an hour) of battery life.

On the gimmick scale it's still relatively harmless, $1 of LEDs and translucent plastic will never be remotely the problem that a $140 screen controller or $150 of kinect camera was. But it's not utterly harmless either, people have genuine reason to want to be able to turn it off.

Beats me. But is it really the biggest flaw of the controller?

Parkinson's law of triviality
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality
Cred Forums does this a fucking lot

Can you open the damn thing and forcibly turn it off forever? I'll be finally buying a PS4 soon, but I don't want that garbage.

Windows 10 OEM is like 20 bucks, man. You think the PS4 is made of luxury premium parts?

shittiest controller i've ever seen lmfao

I use a xbone controller on PC, I agree that the build quality is not amazing (and it's a complete pain to disassemble thanks to shitty tamper-proof screws) but I think it's pretty great otherwise. The D-pad is good, I like the triggers and everything else is like the 360 controller. I also like that it uses standard micro-USB wires, it just works.

I haven't use the DS4 controller long enough to make a comparison but I'm very satisfied with the xbone controller so far.

>20 bucks
post proof or you're a goddamn liar. lmfao having to lie on the Internet lmfao

Arguably it's the biggest generally objective flaw at this point. By which I mean, obviously if you prefer a whole different controller layout, like something asymmetric, you won't like the DS4 but I don't consider that a "flaw" in the controller anymore then people who hate asymmetric mean the Xbox controller has a "flaw" there. Other issues like the rubber on the sticks had initial run material production problems but those seem to have been long since sorted out, though there are still lemons floating around on the secondary markets.

Overall though the DS4 was generally considered an improvement over the DS3 in every way except battery/lightbar. Really, it's just boring, there isn't much there, there's no radical changes over the long DS heritage. If you've always disliked the DS design you still will, but if you're fine with it the DS4 is a polished version except for battery/light. So that's what gets lots of irritation. It's a decent enough generic universal controller though for those who like symmetrical layouts, and it's generic Bluetooth so you can get it to work with tons of stuff as well.

he has no proof. he's a liar; a PCuck and nothing m,ore. Ignore retards who say W10 is cheap. It isn't.

LOL the dual shock 4 doesnt have aweful battery life, i just charged mine a few minutes ago and am typing this up on my ps4 right this very m

>Can you open the damn thing and forcibly turn it off forever?
Yes, like I said (and others earlier in the thread) it's trivial to do, literally just a philips head for the screws, maybe a flat head to help cleanly open it, and a wire snip.Takes 5 minutes maybe. There are plenty of videos and posts on it if you do a quick search.

>I'll be finally buying a PS4 soon, but I don't want that garbage.
Enjoy. I'll just add that there are in fact a few PS4 games that actually utilize it, so you might want to double check if there are any you care about first or see how you feel about it in person. You could just stick some black tape over it to start with for example.When the DS4 is brand new I doubt you'll actually need an extra hour or two of battery. It's as it ages it becomes more truly annoying. If you do much local MP it might have some value as well.

That said fortunately (and unsurprisingly) I think basically zero games (1 or two maybe?) actually require the thing, it's pure gimmick. So you don't need to think hard about it, even amongst exclusives barely anything uses it in any way whatsoever.

>LOL the dual shock 4 doesnt have aweful battery life, i just charged mine a few minutes ago and am typing this up on my ps4 right this very m
>type
Glad to hear your DS4 has no battery life issues, but your wireless keyboard might need replacing user.

Kek

Good to know, thanks. It's not because of the battery, it's because it's fucking annoying and pointless.

Best for gaming on PC simply due to the mouse pad adding 8 more buttons/possible actions.

loving every laugh

Kek
Am I the only one that kinda likes the light?
>be me
>in dark room playing tomb raider
>the light flickers red and orange anytime you are at a camp fire or using a torch
>makes the game a lot more atmospheric and comfy to have red and orange hues in the darkness behind the tv
I get that it fucks with the battery life but it is still kind of cool on the games that use it.

I play games on hundred inch projector screen. The screen eats the glow, kinda nice now that I think about it.

Does anyone have any experience using one of these? I bought one yesterday but I can't get my DS4 to connect to it. Do I need to do something to my DS4 to unpair it from a ps4 (I tried connecting with my ps4 off) or should I just get a second DS4 just for use with my pc so I don't have to bother with pairing and unpairing?

If it reflects much off the screen then yes it's genuinely annoying. If it was optional then I could actually see it because it has some point in rare situations, like I said in MP local play having every player get their own color and in a few games the console being able to know who's who and how they're lined up can actually be kind of cool.

But that's like a "2% of the time it's pretty cool" situation not "lol let's do this 100% of the time no matter what". If it was just there and had an off switch, or better yet it automatically ONLY turned on when it was useful (like if you were actually doing local mp and had multiple connected, or some game specifically used it in a good way and you turned it on the game preferences) and then shut off right afterwards then sure whatever, it wouldn't be in the way. But Sony's decision to try to shove it down everyone's throat turned some minor neat bonus into something deserving of scorn which was stupid of them.

That looks uncomfortable

>hundred inch projector screen
Post a pic of your setup senpai.

God, that image brings back so many fond memories.
Thanks for posting it, I'm being completely serious.

It's only for PSNow. It shouldn't work at all unless you're running PSNow.

Ever since I lost my 6ft cord yeah

And Sonyggers used to bitch about the wireless 360 pad's battery pack being bad...

just use a usb cord to use your ds4 with your pc. its literally plug and play

Except for the fact that DS4Windows supports it in the latest patch.

To put a DS4 into pairing mode you need to turn it off hold down the share button and then the ps button until the light starts flashing in 3s.

The main thing that bothers me is that it's always in some sort of low power state, even with quick power on or whatever turned off.
I'll have it fully charged, not touch it for a week, and have it go red after maybe 30 minutes of use.

I've been using the cord, it's too short and it gets in the way. I'd rather just connect wirelessly but my motherboard doesn't have bluetooth so that's why I bought the adapter.

That's the information I was looking for, thanks for the help.

>my epic 1337 warez tool supports it though

Terrific

And if you're having a problem with it turning on your PS4 just unplug your PS4

>I get that it fucks with the battery life but it is still kind of cool on the games that use it.
Nah, other people don't hate it per se so much as they hate that it's stupid/non-optional. >But that's like a "2% of the time it's pretty cool" situation not "lol let's do this 100% of the time no matter what". If it was just there and had an off switch, or better yet it automatically ONLY turned on when it was useful (like if you were actually doing local mp and had multiple connected, or some game specifically used it in a good way and you turned it on the game preferences) and then shut off right afterwards then sure whatever, it wouldn't be in the way. But Sony's decision to try to shove it down everyone's throat turned some minor neat bonus into something deserving of scorn which was stupid of them.
If they'd been a bit smarter it'd be like you say, a harmless, even "kind of cool" thing that'd pop on once in a while. Might even be kind of a neat surprise when some game used it. And it wouldn't cause any battery life trouble otherwise because it'd never be used. Sony managed to turn it into an object of hate though, gg.

It's fucking bog standard micro usb, go get an amazonbasics or monoprice one or whatever for a couple of bucks. Shit, why don't you just have a couple lying around in a drawer in case you need one for a phone or something, are you retarded?

No problem. Just got a bluetooth adaptor myself yesterday