E IS ALL ABOUT ATTACKING ENEMIES FAST BRO! YOU CANT GO SLOW AND STEADY!!

E IS ALL ABOUT ATTACKING ENEMIES FAST BRO! YOU CANT GO SLOW AND STEADY!!
>Game punishes you for trying to attack fast because every god damn enemy has a "Fuck You have some damage" attack a half second after they've been staggered
>some of them become mother fucking Kenshiro
>People defend this

Now I understand why Dark Souls 3 was so frustrating with its "DUDE YOU ALWAYS TAKE DAMAGE LMAO" enemies, fucking Bloodborne introduced that bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

suzannemanningblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/critical-thinking-versus-criticism-helping-students-know-the-difference/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

Dark Souls 2 had a fair bit of 1 frame damage from enemies. The molerats in the Gutter are a prime example of this.

>hurr i can't just mash X to win

No, you should be saying "Now I understand why Dark Souls 3 is such a shit game: because it tries to be Bloodborne even though it's a fucking Souls game".

Treating Bloodborne as if it was a Souls game was always a mistake. The fast enemy attacks have no place in Souls but they did it anyway because they don't give a shit anymore. Same reason why the DLC is just the DaS2 snow area again but with some wolves thrown in the mix.

>unironically being a scrub

AND JESUS FUCKING CHRIST CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE REQUIRED FARMING OF BLOOD VIALS

I JUST WANT TO TRY THE BOSS AGAIN

THIS GAME WAS PERFECT EXCEPT FOR HOW THEY HANDLE BLOOD VIALS

1 frame damage is literal cancer and I don't know why they fucking thought it was okay

/thread

what the hell are you even saying?
also, the only "always take damage" enemy is pretty late game and I doubt you beat the first boss.

also smelter demons fire aura

>The game isnt fast paced because the enemies can attack you

You know, copypaste is still spam

>"I just died to Father Gascoigne for the 56th time and broke my gamepad" the post

you're supposed to burst enemies, fucker, that doesn't mean you run up to a boss and just smash R1 without trying to dodge anything. how fucking boring would the game be if that was a viable strategy

the point is that if you fuck up a dodge and take damage, thanks to the rally system you should be aggressive and attack after getting hit, not turtling up like in DaS so you can chug a flask

yeah i honestly don't know what they were thinking with this. if you're good, you wont give a fuck, but if you're dying to a boss over and over its just one extra layer of shit to make you want to drop the game

You made this same thread literally less than 8 hours ago, autism. Go fuck off to somewhere else

i killed amygdala after i ran out of vials after dying too much to her
you know, getting good and that shit and not being a piece of shit farming healing items like a casual

i think a good compromise would have been spawning you with five even if you have none in the bank (and not letting you sell them obviously since that would be abused). if you're shit, five blood vials probably wont be enough to completely carry you through a boss but atleast its enough to justify an attempt

Yeah, I was talking about it with a buddy while playing and we thought of this. Or alternatively a vial that fills a little with every hit, so the more you hit the guy the more heals you get

>I beat it when I was 8 and blinded by the seizure I was having while my dad cut off my hands

Like, I know you get good at the game. But there is a design flaw when, in your case, you're required to beat the boss with no heals to progress.

Why even give you healing items if you're just meant to keep dying until you can beat it without needing them?

Because you're not meant to do that.

And don't tell me rally solves all the problems because you will always have a net loss of health since you can never just wail freely on a boss after being hit before the meter begins to deplete.

idk if i'd go as far as to call it a design flaw, its just annoying. and once you get further into the game, unless every boss is a huge roadblock that makes you spend all of your vials, you'll eventually have a big enough stockpile that you'll never have that problem again. it's only ever an issue for me for the first third of the game

its not about "lets go play it with a hand being my back"
its about fucking playing without grinding
good thing you retards never played blade
or maybe you did and thats why we didn't got a sequel

>riposte knocks enemy onto the floor for a good few seconds
>can't bash their skull in while they're on the deck, have to wait for them to get up
kek, nice '''combat''' '''system''' you've got there

>really like Bloodborne's setting
>decide to read some of Lovecraft's stories
>no other good games to turn to aside from RE4 for that kind of theme

>without grinding
So when you run out of blood vials, which is something they must have known would happen to a new player, they're just supposed to keep playing without blood vials until they naturally find more after beating the boss they're stuck on and getting to the next area?

why is there hourly bloodborne shitposting lately?

blood vials blow but the intended design was likely by playing slowly. going through the level each time you die to a boss, you'll naturally gain vials back that way.

the game is too hard, but makes greasy neckbeards feel superior by claiming "its easy"

Eternal darkness user.

It really sounds like you need to git good

I'm always surprised how quickly anons can think of a better way of doing things than the developer
During pvp maybe only those 5 or so would be able to be used

So you're shit then?

people ran out of blood vials?

in my first run I had about 40 left by the end of the game. On my second character I have like 230 vials and I havent beaten rom yet.

If you play co-op or even buy blood vials you will never run out.

Seems like exceptionally straight-forward English by Cred Forums standards. Are you sure you're not just upset by what he's trying to say?

I just really hate the literal one frame attacks that most enemies get when they've been staggered. It punishes you for actually staggering them

That doesn't happen, user.

>but the intended design was likely by playing slowly
Every single person who has defended vials says it's because the game is about fast paced action, and not taking your time and "turtling" by using heals. So which is it?

>going through the level each time you die to a boss, you'll naturally gain vials back that way
This would be great if it were true, but eonce you get the shortcut, the path to many boss doors ar so short, or containing few enemies, and ones that don't necessarily drop vials.

Not everyone is a gaming legend like you are, man

Even if literally nobody ever except for me has run out of blood vials, the possibility should have been accounted for

>I just really hate the literal one frame attacks that most enemies get when they've been staggered
That does not exist. Most generic enemies in the game do nothing and get stunlocked. Some of them have hyper-armor attacks they charge up. Some bosses/minibosses have quick close range strikes they use to encourage you to move away.

None of these are 1-frame, and all are perfectly dodgeable. You could argue some swipes/headbutts are too fast to see coming ahead of time if you haven't fought the enemy before, but that's not really true either.

This really annoyed the shit out of me when I got stuck on a couple of bosses. I would go farm the executioners near witch's abode and just buy more with echoes. There's nothing challenging about forcing the player to do this so why even have it to begin with? It's just needless tedium.

A bunch of enemies drop vials and they're cheap to buy. It wasn't ever much of a hassle for me to get more when I ran out.

>a bunch of enemies drop blood vials
I don't disagree here. My only gripe is I don't want to have to go to earlier parts of the game just to kill those guys and get them. You know, farming.

And when you die to a boss, where do you blood echoes go? On the floor. How do you get more? Farming.

Just because you don't mind farming doesn't mean it needs to be a thing in the first place, especially when we already had Estus flasks.

I'm not saying there should have been Estus flasks in the game, I like that it's a consumable, but there are other solutions to farming.

I get what you mean. Like that user said, maybe starting with a few vials each time you respawn would have been a good idea.

>Being upset over taking a hit or two
BB is all about high risk and high return. If you're going in for the kill and you take a hit, you need to keep fucking attacking.

>Doing chalice dungeons early on
>Get my level high as fuck and have maxed out items by the time I get to Micolash
Ohhhh Majestic....

how about buying blood vials whenever you dont have enough echoes to level up? Also the blood vials cost more each time the moon shifts. Dusk to night they cost more, night to blood they cost like 3 times more.

Maybe think about things user I know you probably aren't used to thinking critically but this is a mature game for mature game enjoyees.

Even the content of the game itself presents itself to critical thought like blood, quicksilver bullets, beasts, the moon.

Man just hearing those words in that sequence really gets my noggin joggin. Is this a lore thread?

>aren't used to thinking critically
I'm literally criticizing the game, and you're telling me not to criticize it and namecalling

And I'll reiterate, I fucking love Bloodborne. I love everything about it.

Farming should not have been part of the experience.

>Game punishes you for trying to attack fast because every god damn enemy has a "Fuck You have some damage" attack a half second after they've been staggered

You should try to become good at the game then

>You should try to become good at the game then
what does this even mean in this situation? What would a good player do?

Like I don't agree with the OP comment but you're speaking like it's true.

Do you attack and take damage, or dodge the attack and waste the stagger?

user, are you being factious? You do realize you can't have meaningful arguments with Souls-fags, right?

The only thing Souls-fags do is blindly defend the series while virtue signalling about how good at video games they are. Any criticism will be met with ad-hominem and logical fallacies, because they are mentally children. They do not have the mental faculties to actually hold a conversation. You should stop wasting your time.

Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time and blood vials were a mistake.

There was one time I ran out blood vines and that was against orphan. I didn't even farm vines until I was able to down the first form consistently without getting it. Then when I felt I was good enough I farmed like 50 maybe, took like 10 minutes, and beat the ship out of orphan

>get staggered
>either instantly evade out to avoid a fast hit you can't react to or stay to avoid getting hit by a slow hit

suzannemanningblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/critical-thinking-versus-criticism-helping-students-know-the-difference/

user I know you like to get
>"""""""high""""""
on those
>"""""""drugs""""""
but your gonna fail your reading comprehension class if this keeps up. If you can't read correctly then you aren't going to be able to read the item descriptions and theorize on lore properly.

I'm going to ask you to see me after class. wear that little doll outfit I like, I'll see what we can do.

>what does this even mean in this situation?
in this situation stop wasting blood vials and learn the bosses tells
>What would a good player do?
join some co-op matches buy their vials and practice the boss via jolly co-operation

>Do you attack and take damage, or dodge the attack and waste the stagger?
Is this your first playthrough? If so no hotdogging. Dodge the attack and just complete the objective of hunting your prey.

Is this not your first playthrough?
GO NUTS FO SHO NUTS

I personally only used rally against normal enemies, bosses I just fought like normal souls games.

heh, jokes on you kiddo. this aint your average souls game

BB is for fast paced, lightning quick reflex based combat. Your pathetic little shields wont help you here

if you fight like this is a souls game, you'll get your shit pushed in, little boy

welcome to bloodborne. git gud or cry home to mommy

>complaining about vials when the game literally lets you get back your hp if you rally back an enemy

My post implies that I'm familiar with BB senpai, and that I finished the game.

>this game that i knew would be hard is hard

also, no offense, but dks3 is the easiest souls game that exists. you really need to find another hobby, amigo

Well to be fair, hunter enemies can parry attack you too, so if they could pounce on you right after a parry, we would have threads complaining about that too.

But the best thing in Bloodborne is to be aggressive and hug the bosses. The only bosses that actually punishes you for aggressive behavior is Rom and Laurence.

Ludwig gets fucked if you simply hug him and the same thing for Kos outside of his AoE moves.

Because people aren't taking the bait as much from the hourly Overwatch vs. Paladins Shitpostravaganza so they're moving back to an easy shitpost.

dude, have you ever played DS2? bloodborne is like damn near perfect in terms of fair pve. it's not full of enemies with completely unpredictable combo lengths, recovery cancelling, infinite stamina, or ffs THAT FUCKING HEIDE KNIGHT ATTACK WHERE HE TURNS 180 DEGRESS AROUND AND JUST HITS YOU IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEING STAGGERED AND IT'S COMPLETELY RANDOM AND UNAVOIDABLE HOLY FUCK

seriously tho, i don't know how you can be so assblasted over bloodborne enemies. the only shitty attacks i can think of are the executioner headbutt, and ludwig's bite that is indistinguishable from his regular attacks until it's too late to dodge it properly

I think the only time I ran out was for the Orphan, and then I stopped being shit at the game.

I've literally spent the last two hours invading and baiting people into the frenzy zone in nightmare of mensis.

Why are people so mad about farming echoes? Yes it is a mechanic in the game. Yes they chose to get rid of auto refilled estus. How are people so mad about it? I think that I had to do it once with a chalice dungeon boss. Either way why do you people care? You are the same people that get mad that you lose health when you die in Das2 aren't you. It is a mechanic. It is a REALLY easy one to overcome.
tldr: stop being babies

Because apparently if it's not non-stop action its broken 0/10.

Honestly it's a small issue that stops being one after You beat the blood starved beast, ad chalice dungeon are repositorys of free vials and echoes, not to mention fun if you like dungeon crawling.

Why haven't they killed the brain?

Its not an easy task

Because I'm pretty sure you can't get invaded if you have if they are in the opening area/first lantern as Cage head is dead by that point.

I believe you can be invaded as long as Mergo is alive.

Well, you're supposed to be dodging constantly. You can't sit there and wail on an enemy, it's attack > dodge > attack > dodge etc.

Dark Souls III was pretty bad about putting enemies that belong in Bloodborne in it, but your stamina is practically infinite for rolling and if you didn't want to deal with that you could always resort to using a shield.

The Rally system is fucking destroyed by the end-game. Sure, it works in this lovely little sweet-spot in the mid-game where enemies only hit hard enough to chunk a fourth of your HP away, but by the time you're really in the deep shit rallying isn't worth it! Why risk a couple swings at half health when a bosses attack could take off 3/4ths of your health? Damage scales so much faster than the rally system, it's absurd.

Oh ok, in that case they probably never played attention and have no idea the brain exists
>Tfw I'm only kinda joking

Why don't you just use some coldblood and buy more blood vials in the dream?

Bloodborne isn't DMC. It's not an action game, it's more of an RPG, you are supposed to take your time and go slow. I can't blame you for being mislead, though, these games are labeled as Action RPGs, but goddamn they have barely any action, they are too slow.

If I can beat Bloodborne 100%, then fucking anyone who isn't retarded can.

GET GUD

I personally believe the rally system is meant more for viscerals than for feasibly getting health back through standard R1 spam. If you're willing to take the risks and be hyper aggressive with parries then you won't get punished for getting clipped by the enemies hitbox while you hit their parry window, you'll just heal up to full with the visceral. Just as well, getting hit by a previous attack and retaining composure enough to parry a follow-up attack will yield the same results, the rally system works perfectly for an aggressive style, it's just some people don't want to learn how to parry.

Hardest boss reporting in.

game would have been a masterpiece if they had an estus flask equivalent. its even worse now that im playing through with the threaded cane and can barely heal myself by attacking back

>Every single person who has defended vials says it's because the game is about fast paced action
im not defending vials, they're shit, estus was better in every way. i didn't mean turtle style or whatever, just taking your time in each area by killing everything.
> the path to many boss doors ar so short, or containing few enemies, and ones that don't necessarily drop vials.
this is true to a degree, theres plenty of enemies on some paths though. path to cleric and father have tons of mobs who drop them, shadows with both shortcuts have the two pigs which drop 4 each on average, also granting a couple grand worth of echos. bsb has the wolfs which drop vials, the big dudes on the way to amelia drop 2-3 vials each, very easy to kill, etc.

I don't get this meme. It's Cleric Beast with AoEs.

It kinda is. It just sits there and takes it like a good bitch.

Nah, Vials aren't ENTIRELY shit. There's something to be said for what it does to the pacing when you can just keep going on an absurdly long run by picking up more vials as you progress, instead of taking a breather to rest and replenish your estus.

its a "fire can absolutely incapacitate a shit ton of enemy types in the game" episode. DS3

Here is your obligatory "git gud" reply. now git gud.

>This thread again.

You fought him, correct?

That no leg chain slam is horse shit. Lava is fairly annoying as well. Worst is the damn walls with those nooks you can get caught on.