youtube.com/watch?v=K9ZEboKiyHA
youtube.com/watch?v=h-QT2gettEk
youtube.com/watch?v=pVLARXyDkhU
youtube.com/watch?v=5pILsWfi2PU
youtube.com/watch?v=GVPSjoKNdLw
youtube.com/watch?v=p_fTE-GO8L8
youtube.com/watch?v=lN8p1bVWKLE
youtube.com/watch?v=RVWUQr8zah0
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-paper-mario-color-splash-sheds-its-rpg-roots-for-action-adventure-with-charm
youtube.com/watch?v=pcNTlaae39Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FOtPfceKZYE
picosong.com/TPxe/
youtube.com/watch?v=JeTZw0n7ZQU
youtube.com/watch?v=3soskkvYBgM
youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
mynintendonews.com/2016/07/07/nintendo-says-that-paper-mario-color-splashs-story-may-make-you-cry/
youtube.com/watch?v=S0UaBbhTmDk
pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
strawpoll.me/11304604/
youtube.com/watch?v=JMaaUIHBUQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just tell me what happened to him

He gets 3 themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=unOcXLO4eQk

youtube.com/watch?v=WrQcGc0FH1c

youtube.com/watch?v=kHPBqPSozHs

Actually four.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVVYfsquTQc

five

youtube.com/watch?v=iVVYfsquTQc

youtube.com/watch?v=K9ZEboKiyHA

BEST KOOPALING THEME?
GO
Ludwig: youtube.com/watch?v=h-QT2gettEk

Lemmy: youtube.com/watch?v=pVLARXyDkhU

Larry: youtube.com/watch?v=5pILsWfi2PU

Morton: youtube.com/watch?v=GVPSjoKNdLw

Wendy: youtube.com/watch?v=p_fTE-GO8L8

Iggy: youtube.com/watch?v=lN8p1bVWKLE

user already said his battle gimmick is using paint to get different powers. You use a dishwasher Thing to defeat him.

What's Jr's theme?

Who?

user......

None. He didn't want to show up in this shitty game.

I'm honestly surprised he didn't show up, especially when Kamek returned.

The absolute Madmen, they actually did it.

I think Junior and Gooper Blooper are the only two recurring characters that were Sticker Star that don't show up here.

nyarglebargle

a large improvement over sticker star, but still has the shitty
>use this 1 card to win or you're stuck fighting for an hour
>toads
>haha paper
>thing cards
>meh writing except at certain parts
>toads
The graphics and music are great though, but not worth a purchase.

I don't get i-oh.

Luigi's in this shit? As more than a cameo?

Luigi sends you letters from time to time.

From what the text files imply during the endgame, Luigi drives you up Rainbow Road to Bowser's Castle

Guess that's better than a silent background object.

Is the download forbidden?

How far in the game are you?

Post the final boss text.

>Treehouse localization
I actually don't mind it this time

Bowser's before battle text, taken directly:

\0Well, well, well.ɘ Mario!ɘ
I must admit—I didn't think you'd
make it this far.

\0Your beloved Princess Peach is here
too! I knew she wouldn't want to
miss this.\0\0Of course, I couldn't have her
sending out those pesky little
letters behind my back...\0\0You know what she said when I
caught her spying on me?̠
"I've been framed!"̠ BAHAHAHA!

\0BWAHAHA!
Put a lid on it, Rusty!\0\0I'll show you the true
meaning of PAINҰT!

"Mario, did you really think I was letting myself by kidnapped every weekend? Have you truly not figured it out yet? You always were a fool..."

The order of these is hard to get down since it's not placed chronologically.
Bowser dialogue from between phases

\0Running won't get you anywhere!
This doesn't end until one of us
drops. ̠Most likely you!

Huh? ̠Mario?!̠
What are you doing in my castle,
chump?!\0\0Is...ʼis Princess Peach with you?

\0GRAAAAAAAAARH!
IGNORE THE WORDS I JUST SAID.\0\0SUFFER THE TRUE POWER
OF BLACK PAINT!

Bowser's second phase:

\0YOU DARE STEAL THE BLACK PAINT?!\0\0LET'S SEE YOU BLOCK...THIS!

\0ARGH! THAT'S IT!\0\0PREPARE TO FACE...ǴMY LAST BREATH!

\0OK, NOW THIS IS *REALLY* MY
LAST BREATH. THE OTHER ONE
WAS A WARM-UP!

After Battle:

Wha...? What's going on?\0\0MARIO?! What are YOU doing here?̠
Do we have a kart race scheduled
for today?\0\0WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BRAIN,
CHUMPS?!\0\0And why do I feel like I just got
hit by a bus?!

>And why do I feel like I just got
>hit by a bus?!
i wouldn't doubt an actual bus

>Wha...? What's going on?\0\0MARIO?! What are YOU doing here?̠ Do we have a kart race scheduled for today?\0\0WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BRAIN, CHUMPS?

Possessed by black paint confirmed

I have a feeling there's some sort of third phase (or a true final boss) against the black paint itself.

According to the files, nope. Bowser's Castle begins to collapse, Huey absorbs the Black Paint and sacrifices himself to prevent it from corrupting the world

To make up for it, have some Luigi:

MAMMA MIA!̠ It leads to a giant
creepy rock in the sky!\0\0But we can't stop a-now! You guys
have worked way too hard for
me to chicken out here!\0\0Hold on! I'm-a gonna floor it!
Hopefully we don't fly off the road.
Lakitu's not a-here to save us!

Nice Color Splash thread you have here, very clean

I made an immature video to celebrate the leak

Will I like this game if I liked TTYD?

>Literally just Bowser

Jesus Christ, really? They couldn't even both to make him interesting. Bowser may be the boss of every Mario and Luigi game, but at least they keep it interesting in how you fight Bowser. This is just fucking sad.

That kart race line did make me chuckle though.

>didn't censor " aaaaaand flick it"

You fucked up pham

Would this be the first time that Bowser is actually responsible for someone's death?

Hindsight's a bitch

no

>final boss is just bowser again
>bitchy helper n°2 dies in the same way as the crown

How dull.

>Lakitu's not a-here to save us!
I like it.

Roy

Assuming nobody was on those islands he blasted in Dream Team, sure.

also, sticker star's soundtrack is still superior.

>Helping dole out the story this time around is Huey, a magical paint bucket, who holds a similar role to Kersti in Sticker Star. Huey is the only companion Mario will have, although Nintendo has said this is to allow him to form a close bond with players. By the time the story ends, Tabata said, "you'll probably cry".
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-paper-mario-color-splash-sheds-its-rpg-roots-for-action-adventure-with-charm

youtube.com/watch?v=pcNTlaae39Y
vs
youtube.com/watch?v=FOtPfceKZYE

>trusting that obvious shilling

It didn't work with crown bitch and it won't work with bucket bitch even if they go all the way.

Thread ost
picosong.com/TPxe/
youtube.com/watch?v=JeTZw0n7ZQU
youtube.com/watch?v=3soskkvYBgM

How does Huey kick the bucket?

remember guys, pirate but do not buy.

It's not like buying is even an option right now

He sacrifices himself to stop the Black Paint as you escape Bowser's Castle.

What's his secret involving the black paint?
Also does he actually stay dead?

I'm willing to bet
>Huey absorbs the BLACKED and turns into a giant Bucket Thing or something
>have to defeat him like every other boss by using a Thing at the right time, possibly paint thinner
>this drains Huey of his color but the Paint Stars revive him
>HAHA GOOD ENDING FOR ALL :)

>Not youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

Literally Black Bowser.

how many people are aware of this?

Seem to be only Cred Forums
OP's video only has 633 views

The only secret is that he planned to kill himself by absorbing the black paint, thus fully removing it. He does that after you beat Black(ed) Bowser. And he does seem to die.

I would like to spread it, it'll only be relevant for two weeks

Huey can absorb the Black Paint. The final phase boils down to knocking Black Paint off of Bowser. using the Paint Stars as Things, and using Huey as a shield to block Bowser's paint attacks. He later stays behind to keep Bowser's Castle from falling into the ocean. Someone earlier said he stays dead, not sure if they're speaking the truth, but if the Paint Stars can't grant wishes or something, then he's probably gone.

Made me chuckle user. Good show.

try your best

Not him but if it were to be spread around an image detailing the process with proof would be better

is this game fun?
it is sticker star 2 or something a little different?

I do like it.
That being said, you should change to buttons at the soonest opportunity and not use the super moves unless absolutely required.

hehehehehhehheheehe

Not good at photoshop or anything

Wait a second, we can pirate Wii U games now?

sticker star 2 but slightly better

To answer your Sticker Star question, the game does do some things differently such as not relying on a spinner to use more than one attack. They relegated that part to buying cards in battle.
Really, the system works but it could have been a lot better if they were more frugal with cards and coins in the over-world. You can minimise that issue by not playing Ro-Sham-Bo repeatedly and throwing away the weaker cards (or stronger if you want it to be more difficult).

Wii U hacks haven't been very discussed here, maybe because the NX is approaching.

So, if I were to buy a Wii U right now, I'll be able to pirate immediately? It's all a matter of launching the exploit from the browser like I read here? Has Nintendo fixed it already or should I just buy used because there's no way it will be fixed yet?

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

>So, if I were to buy a Wii U right now, I'll be able to pirate immediately?

Yes, that is the case. It's idiot proof.

Yeah but I don't think we have many homebrew programs like in the 3DS. Or maybe I'm just not aware

hehehehehehehhehe nice one user
hehehehehe

Not necessarily, but it's possible.

I don't even give a fuck about homebrew programs. I just want to play all the good games Wii U has all 3 of them for free.

Get informed before buying

mynintendonews.com/2016/07/07/nintendo-says-that-paper-mario-color-splashs-story-may-make-you-cry/

Tabata says that Color Splash will probably make you cry. Did you cry, Cred Forums?

This game is way better than I expected it to be.

OP here. I asked about this last night, but I need to know because some people are starting to have problems with the process and I'm not sure if I fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0UaBbhTmDk

Is the process complete/correct?

I cried when I realized every Paper Mario from Sticker Star onward was going to be this shit from now on.

I cried when I saw the trailer

Here are the games you should play:
Smashbros (with added hitstun modded in and the smooth lander + heavy gravity setting if you don't play online).
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
These are undeniably good if you like the genre.

Pikmin 3 is also good.

Since the game isn't actually out yet and there are very likely no guides yet, can someone tell me where Justice Toad's shirt is? It seems to be the only thing I'm missing and I feel like I looked everywhere.

Stream:
twitch tv /marionovamc

Is the leak the actual full game or just some beta/preview version?

Full game

the full game

its from the eShop pre-load apparently, seems to be the full game

The full game.

Can a hacked Wii U still play online? What about playing hacked games online?

What do I do with the xml info

You should be able to play original games, not pirated ones. Unless there are private servers or something.

Don't quote me on this.

The Ground theme remix sounds quite good here. It's catchy.

No. You need to buy them.

create a file named 'meta' the type of file needs to be .xml, put in the Color Splash meta folder.

Alright, so mario maker is out.

What are the downside of a hacked Wii U?

>my subscribed vidya channel never got any trailers for this game
Should I be worried?

>Use a koopa card in battle
>It comes bouncing back at me because the battle screen had a wall behind the enemy
That's pretty fucking neat actually, I was just expecting it to go through no problem.

Probably that is the only disadvantage

I don't know if a "permanent hack" has been released, but the hack just gets reversed everytime I shut my wii u off so there's literally no downside to temporarily hacking the console. The downside to playing hacked gayems though is no online

That's pretty cool then. Can anyone link me?

pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC

Took me a while to get what they were referencing. It's actually pretty clever.

I don't get it. Mr. L?

Luigi Death Stare meme

Mean Stare...

ohhh right that meme from a year or two ago

Don't use the manual. It will freeze the game.

Is there a japanese fix? Does anyone have the .cos from a Wii U japanese game?

>No mic

Bless you

>pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC

Thanks. I'll try that later this week.

Any reason a microSD inside an SD adapter wouldn't work on the Wii U?

>Any reason a microSD inside an SD adapter wouldn't work on the Wii U?
I don't know it it will because wii u compability. You probably want to go buy a new fast 16GB SDHC for reasonable loading times.

I downloaded ALL the parts, extracted the splashysplash.001 file. Then all I get is another splashysplash file that I can't extract again. Can I get help?

How do the advanced touch contols work? I really wish I could use the screen without having to use the touch screen.

Probably unrelated but it's cool that this resembles the weegee meme (can it be called that?) from a few years back. I think it was the Wii era, where he turned people insane or made clones of himself.

Post Wendy

some of those combat animations that have super realistic real life objects are really jarring and fucking weird

Please help.

Open it with winrar/winzip and it will allow you to extract it from inside the program.

I don't like how they have their own theme songs that play over the battle music.

Imagine casting a summon in Final Fantasy, and the bitchin boss music just stops dead so that Bahamut can put on some dubstep. It kills the mood of whatever you're doing.

I don't know, but you can use buttons to navigate the screen by chossing Buttons + Basic.

Or just use 7zip.

Not the other Anonm but I bought a cheap as fuck 32gb Kingston MicroSD one and it ran Xenoblade perfectly, zero load times. The load times vary from game to game. For example Mario 3D World takes a while to load its levels.

I'm transferring the files now to see if this is a train wreck. Has anyone said anything yet about if they changed the 5 guys line yet after the twitter tantrum or did Nintendo just not pay attention to the glorious tears?

>32gb
uhhh I was told wii u only could support SDHC at best, which is limited to 16gb

fugg :DD

>where he turned people insane or made clones of himself.
What did he mean by this?

this feels like DmC all over again
>people getting heavily anticipated for the disappointment they seeked
i'm all for this anyways

i cried when she mentioned a HD release of 64/TTYD is a possibility (if people want it)

as soon as i see Huey sacrifice himself...

ima go to /trash/ and request a pic of a anthropomorphic Huey getting his boipussy fondled by the Black Paint as he "dies"

>Is a 64/TTYD remaster a possibility?
>...People would want that?

Don't also forget to make him muscled.

I'm honestly sad there will never be a game like DmC again where the enjoyment doesn't come from how good it is, but how bad it is and the reception from drones and game "journalists" shaming people for not wanting it.

You think they stopped paying attention to SS after it's initial scales/reception? Or that Nintendo has been in a bubble for years and only rarely occasionally listens to fan feedback?

she said the opposite user

There's nothing changed at all about that scene.

Of course they did. Those people are producing games for a wide audience, they're not going to spend their entire lives on the internet to wait and see if fans changed opinion on a game and which fans to listen because some have good points and some are shitposters and so on.

Companies don't do that. Specially not on low-budget and low-priority projects like this. They saw sale figures, they saw the reviews from the first month, then moved on to work on the new one.

Color Splash only got a shitstorm about it because of the Federation Force drama momentum, any other day and people would've just shrugged and not bought it instead of downvoting autism.

>/trash/
good luck with the shitposting about Speedy user

are we all in agreement here?

That makes sense, though I doubt Color Splash was shat on only because of Fed Farce drama.

My bad, I remembered the "If we made one would you buy it?" comment as sounding more clueless than that.

Larry bump

FINALLY

So the new Paper Mario games are better, look better, and don't take AGES to get good in comparison to Super?

boy oh boy I love Color Splash

So I got 3 big stars already and enemies are hitting like trucks now
I miss the badges

Reminder that if you want to increase the difficulty, don't paint the cards. You can use them without painting.

>"It's not Paper Mario you want, but it's still a fun game with fun writing!"

I guaran-fucking-tee you this is what all the cucked reviewers are going to say without any mention of the still fundamentally flawed battle system and how much of a fucking sham CS is compared to the previous games.

>It's a good game, but NOT THE GAME I WANT, SO IT'S BAD

Really, I thought Paper Mario fans played for the writing?

Anyone else getting game crashes in Indigo Underground? I try to go in the pipe and it loads infinitely no matter how many times I try again

So what's Sandland, Dr. Slump, and The Adventures of Tongpoo?

I just cleared the Plum Park and I don't feel like playing anymore. Does this get better later?

No___________

Swap Super with GT and we're good.

for people with loadiine. was there anything higher than version 0.3? everytime i boot it up it makes an annoying clicking sound. it seems no one else gets this because i never get a reply

>Going through all this just because you have a huge hate-boner for Nintendo

I don't like how censor-happy Treehouse is either, but Christ.

Not him, but it's not like there's anything on the Wii U that I give a shit about buying.
>b-b-b-but bayonetta 2
Is a crock of shit.
And no, I didn't play the first. I'm never going to either.

I didn't mention Bayo 2, but stay salty at yourself, I guess?

how is it shit if you haven't played it? sucks for you, that series is fantastic.

I think what user means is that the shill reviews are going to try and save this gamr by saying "IT'S A GOOD GAME JUST NOT A GOOD PAPER MARIO GAME!!!" Like all the fallout shills said about fallout 4 even though the game sucked fucking ass.

Yes colour splash is a step up from shitter star but it's still fundamentally broken and no ammount of paper meta jokes and noce aesthetic is going to save it

>series
You can't be a series with only two games.

says who?

the guy baiting you

WHAT

you walked right into his trap

What trap

Did anyone use the OP video as a guide? Did it work for you?

WELL WHAT DID YOU BUY FROM HIM?

games can have good writing and still be shit user. I liked the writing in Sticker Star, despite it having no unique characters and sucking ass in every other aspect besides music.

Why they made the attack command such a chore to do?
All the things you do just to play a card are just busy work, did they just realized late in development that they forgot to add a dumb gimmick to use the gamepad?

Is a 7/10 that unfair?

Paint

p. gay dude but thanks
what a shit game

Do you have to fight the bosses to find out which card you need then go back to get it like in sticker Star??

No. Once you get a Thing, it automatically turns into a card.

It keeps crashing when I try to start the 3rd level what do I do?

I feel like the writing is trying way too hard to be funny. Like, every goddamn character seems to have the exact same LE SO WACKY XD personality.

On a separate note I saw the phrase "Wait, what?" used like five times in the first level alone. Could it kill them to show a little more variety?

Third level? Which one? The game is somewhat nonlinear in parts so I'm not sure which you mean.

xD go with the wave dude

I remember when paper mario games have good music and final boss songs.
Color splash at least has about 30 secs of good sound.

This is completely safe right? Nintendo won't send the Yakuza after me?

They all have good sound.

the closest you get to a party member

can i use the SD card I use for my hacked 3ds to do this?

>24 hours
STILL no JP fix

you'll need enough space for all the stuff needed
all gae data inculding saves are storedon the sd

color splash's music are terribly short before they start looping

About OP video for anyone that followed that process.

strawpoll.me/11304604/
strawpoll.me/11304604/
strawpoll.me/11304604/

>None are from silva gunner
Kill you are self

This game came out? What?
I heard next to nothing about it.

Yes minus southpark

Wow this game is actually good, it may not have the diverse character cast that the other games did, but the game has VERY diverse locations, and a great script.

Nintendo shills, please fuck off.

It got leaked.

You know how Nintendo is with technology.

Don't get me wrong, puzzles are kinda shit, battles are still boring, but the game isn't the typical forest desert lava etc land that sticker star had. I 100% believe miyamoto had nothing to do with this game.

Mario is totally nonbinary

Holy shit wendy's battle is actually fun because every attack and animation is tied to the music rhythm

>but the game isn't the typical forest desert lava etc land that sticker star had
Yes, yes it is.

ppppu mod soon

youtube.com/watch?v=p_fTE-GO8L8
What's with the Pirates of the Caribbean ass music? What kind of boss battle is it?

Sonygger here

Please explain to me the fun aspect of this game

No its not. Have you played past the first area?

You don't battle her. You fuck her

there's this thing called a writer

sounds like it's basically the Gooper Blooper fight from sticker star, but with a worse character.

Crunchii's still missing A LOT of music, what's the hold up?

>nekkid

More quality Treehouse localization.

I EXPECT A FUCKING TOAD WEARING NOTHING IF THAT DATA IS PICKED APART

DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND ME

>Like, every goddamn character seems to have the exact same LE SO WACKY XD personality.

Who? The wackiest ones are the shy guys, the rest act like....mario characters you'd expect to act in a mario game

You actually see him wearing only underwear

Is this the secret GOTY? It really looks like it so far.

>focus on nekkid
>not the fact that he gives you his shoes and underpants

priorities

So the game is actually good right?

>yfw you found out what "it" was

Mediocre.

youtube.com/watch?v=JMaaUIHBUQ4

Here's a crunchii stream, he's over 10 hours in and not even close to finishing, check out the 2 previous streams

Try it yourself
It's available for pirating
General consensus on Cred Forums is that it's a polished turd

confirmed?

Not everyone is a degenerate like you, faggot.

>General consensus on Cred Forums is that it's a polished turd

General consensus looks pretty positive lol , it also helps that we have early streamers

>A Shy Guy used the word "Normies"

Eat a fat fucking italian frog you clean cut jabroni.

If you can generalize that much the first game is just as guilty.

People are saying the battle system is crap

eh, few people saying they just don't like it, i'm watching this guy playing and he's having no problem. You can switch it in options too

Heading into the darkness

LOL

My game freezes a few seconds into the opening cutscene and makes a loud buzzing sound, making me unplug my Wii U to restart it. What did I do wrong?

you surely arent using the proper method, or lack files

Files might be corrupt, you might have to redownload

>hacking anything that's not a calculator

Well shit, guess I'm redownloading

They truly did it. The Madmen.

>this is mario, he is my.... friend.

ayy

Doesn't the professor get completely raped by the big chain chomp? They're actually getting away with a lot, violence wise.

when i try to extract splashysplash.001, it says 'could not open archive, may be damaged' anyone have tips or another link?

>The ESRB would go nuts!

That actually made me laugh
Shit this game is looking kinda good

So far that's the only line in the game to actually make me laugh.

How do you have it? It comes out in October?

Do coins ever become useful in the game beyond buying more Thing cards which I rarely do already?

Just cards, thing cards, rollin for cards. Good for stocking up the museum is you got to that part yet.

I feel like that line is very Banjo-Tooie-esque.

Does anyone have that Wendy webm?

here we go

That sucks, the game already gives me a shitload of everything so I don't need to buy anything ever, even with me putting everything in the museum right away.

Is it lewd?

Give me pros, cons, and a score/10

The most i seen spent is that snifit who hocks you rare cards for 1000 coins, other than that nothing serious money-wise so far on the 3rd koopaling

here's the one i used
goo gl / s5OxM9

Nintendo fucked up, released the game early, took it down, and someone made it available for download

That one's pretty good

cons: gameplay
pros: everything else
score: 5/10

i havent played it btw

enemies being treated like kids are the best

I have to give credit to Treehouse when credit is due.
That's actually pretty good

Fucking stupid.

Fuck Nintendo. Creatively bankrupt.

>+looks pretty
>+music is pretty good
>+more creativity compared to Sticker Star

>-combat is still fucking garbage
>-90% of NPCs are generic Toads
>-writing isn't that great
>-goddamn Koopalings

5/10 pirate if you want but don't pay money for it.

I like a bucket who's not afraid to hurt a plumber

Nah, it's her intro

Who is Piper, he sounds like a bro

>the poll splits positive votes into 3, gives one option for not caring, then consolidates all levels of dislike into one

t. spin doctor

>31% hate it
>38% think it's okay/are indifferent to it
>31% like it

Yeah fuck basic math right?

Heads up, keep in mind I'm only about to fight the second Koopaling.

Pros:
>Nice areas
>Dialogue is better than SS, feels like a hit or miss
>Exploring is fun
>Music is sex
>Museum is really good & feels rewarding since you unlock Concept art & music unlike Sticker Star's

Cons:
>Battle System is Sticker Star 2, only difference is the paint stuff. The paint meter is less useful than I was hoping since you find a lot of cards already filled with paint & the Battle Spinner seems to always give you filled cards which takes a simple 10 coins to do per turn.
>Everything is a stage again, only difference is there's only 2 paths to go through so it's slightly better but it's still disappointing
>NPCs are mostly Toads, if not then generic enemies (mostly Shy Guys)

I give it a high 6/10. It's better than SS for sure but I'm not enjoying it too much, mostly just feeling disappointment or am bored.

What the fuck is this post? Like,
>where he turned people insane or made clones of himself.
can someone elaborate please?

Goose chases everywhere

the top rated category is hate, but the average opinion is positive.
That's shitty statistics. No two ways to slice it.

The website is called Strawpoll

Are you retarded or something? Were you dropped on your head? Why are you trying to turn a non-issue into an issue?

Are you going to make an argument, or just throw insults?

Does the dialogue ever get series for like, half a second?
I know this is a kiddie game, but if all the dialogue is just jokes or quips, doesn't that just make it boring in the long run?
These screenshots seem fine but going through tons and tons of dialogue like this seems boring.

>36 damage from a single ice ball

So, in terms of gameplay, how different is it compared to Sticker Star?

>Shows the explosion scene from the MN9 trailer
>Announcer says "Woah, that doesn't look good!"

Ok, that got me hue hue. Well done user.

Luigi have scaryyyy ):

There's normal conversation, i'm personally just picking out anything interesting sounding in between the speeches

"Blah blah blah blah, (something funny,snarky),blah blah blah"

It is an issue. It skews the results.

daily reminder NWPlayer123 is gonna get sued by Nintendo

the best part of the Cum Splash leaks

There's a sad moment involving six ghost toads when they finally move on into the afterlife.

Nothing against leakers or whatever as long as they don't get caught, this fucker just put it out there with a trail?

>it doesn't matter how the data is represented, it's not like there are thousands of studies supporting that these choices have direct and transparent psychological effect on readers/subjects!!!!
>also while I attempt to support my point, I'll go ahead and group the positive answeer split with the neutral answer split and accidentally prove the point I'm trying to argue against in the first place

basic fucking stats, retard

Paper Luigi?

Meme.
Look up "Weegee"

I haven't seen any yet. All these damn Toads sound the same to me.

OH SHIT. Should I remove the download link from the OP vid?

TABATA

I SAID MARIO WORLD CHARACTERS

>Paint Meter determines damages
>Get Hammer Scraps from defeating enemies
>You usually get a lot of already-filled paint cards though
>Battle Spins can give you a new already paint-filled card per turn
>Amount of attacks per turn can be upgraded
>Enemies do a shitload more damage now but you also get a lot more HP now
>Kamek is a cunt and can make a battle more of nuisance by hiding what your cards are or limiting what cards you have
>The more Paint Stars you collect the more you can kill weaker enemies so a battle doesn't start

That's everything that comes to mind for me currently. Other than those upgrades the combat is the same.

On-field gameplay is basically the same, you explore, you Cut Out the background instead of Paperize but it's essentially the same, especially since you sometimes though rarely place cards in certain areas to change the are. Beyond that is the new paint hammer which can revive NPCs & technically anything. It's a fine mechanic but it doesn't feel like anything special in my opinion.

is it possible to set up polls that are unbiased and don't skew results?

Yes, a normal fucking scale.
7 points is optimal. 5 is fine.

>normies
WE WANT THE Cred Forums/TUMBLR AUDIENCE

Levels are still pretty linear but not as linear as sticker star

Battles are the same as sticker star but with even more consumables and you get a billion different OP cards so instead of it being a case of losing half your cards and half your hp for a single fight in sticker star it's instead a case of "paint this one single card and smash the enemies in one go"

XP is sorta back with the hammer bits but they're random drops now and you ca only upgrade your paint capacity.

The plot has returned but it's very formulaic, nearly nsmb tier. Writing it actually pretty funny but that's all it is, still a massive step up from sticker star.

This game is pretty decent, probably 6/10. It's forgivable i guess

THIS FUCKING BOSS FIGHT

nah

>tfw your audience is so self-effacing/deprecating that even acknowledging their existence constitutes unforgivable pandering in their eyes

maybe it's time we come together as a community and address our crushing issues with self image

She wants that mario D

after Cred Forums letting in all the reddit/tumblr newfags because #GG and the whole debacle (feat. FunnyJunk) with 9GAG stealing OC, i think it's best we don't have another roundtable web meeting about the shit we gone through for or against each other.

Larry is a better mini-Bowser than Bowser Jr.

MARIO X WENDY IS REAL

Larry's Mini-Bowser
Bowser Jr. switches between Mini-Bowser and Reverse Bowser

So Far: Wasted Potential: The Game

the same way i felt for Zero and FF

>Mr. Bowser
Fuck. Is Miyamoto seriously running with the whole 'their not his sons' thing?

That was so retarded

She's been blowing him kisses for decades. And she really hits on Luigi in that Luigi Goes to Purgatory game.

Post when her shoes come off.

Did you miss them calling him "Master Bowser" in Paper Jam.

Wouldn't someone like Fawful be a reverse-Bowser?

Miyamoto literally said HE HIMSELF is Bowser's Wife and the mother of Bowser Jr.

Oh no toad is getting the succ

yeah but how easy is it to heal? Are mushrooms rare? I saw in stream that heal to max hp

Mario opened up a gaping hole in the desert and killed a toad. Only thing at the bottom was a broken chair surrounded by quicksand and shark pokeys.

Yes, it is pretty stupid designing characters to fit into a certain role then taking it away from them. Why does Bowser employ a group of children, who all happen to be related, have many of his abilities, and all strongly resemble him (or his classic design anyway)

Okay, less reverse and more "foil"
>Uses machines and tricks instead of brute force
>Cocky and happy and cute rather than hammy, angry and menacing
>Does things moreso for his own ends or out of a twisted attempt to play hero rather than evils' sake
>Literally opposite in terms of dominant hand

Miyamoto should seriously be fired, he's just demential now

No different from hitting a brick block and collecting a 1-up.

>mario rpg, paper mario, mario&luigi

Tell me why i should play so many rpgs based on mario characters.

Mario rpg sounds as appealing as 'cold chili'

Has it ever actually been stated that they're his kids?

No, the cartoons don't count.

Pretty easy actually, big ass shroom cards

The fucking SMW and SMB3 manuals

> have many of his abilities, and all strongly resemble him (or his classic design anyway)

I think you just answered your own question.

More seriously, I think it's moreso the Koopalings original role was "Seven bosses who had a connection to Bowser". They didn't even have NAMES originally.

Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World, though in Japan, it was only really played up in 3.

Why did this thread suddenly came to life during the afternoon?

>8.1GB
Ninty's getting lazy

>>Uses machines and tricks
But Bowser does this too.
>>Cocky and happy
But Bowser usually is too.
>>>Does things moreso for his own ends
That's Bowser too. He loves being bad but he's not senseless, he has reasons for his actions. After Sunshine Bowser Jr never thinks he's doing good, hell even in that game he even admits at the end that he knew Peach isn't his mother.
>>Literally opposite in terms of dominant hand
Amazing point, you've convinced me.

Jr hasn't dipped into your anti-Bowser's points any more than Bowser himself has. He's a mini-Bowser with a regular Bowser to fall back on.

Try playing it.

>"Wait, what?" used like five times
Christ, kill me.

Classic Bowser and Modern Bowser are different characters. He died after the events of Super Mario 64 due to blunt force trauma.

Confired.

No. He died in Paper Mario, he was revived in Luigi's Mansion

Ive played the first.hour of smrpg.

I dont see the appeal.

>first hour
YOU'RE IN FOR A WILDRIDE AFTERWARDS

But Paper Mario takes place inside the Paper World so that's impossible. :^)

>But Bowser does that too.
In the spinoffs sure, but how many times in the platformers or the RPGs has Bowser used a machine as frequently as Junior has. Also Bowser usually barges in and takes the princess or steals her while no one's looking. Junior actively distracts Mario (or, in one case, gets him arrested)

>But Bowser usually is too
Okay, bad example

>That's Bowser too. He loves being bad but he's not senseless, he has reasons for his actions. After Sunshine Bowser Jr never thinks he's doing good, hell even in that game he even admits at the end that he knew Peach isn't his mother.

Bowser usually wants the Mushroom Kingdom/world/universe in addition to Peach. Junior's motivated by getting Peach to be his mom, envy over something Mario has (rare stickers, a baseball stadium) and making his father proud of him. Island Tour, in particular reveals that the reason Bowser built his tower was to allow Junior to be the hero.

False alarm, he's alive.

It's just a retelling of a story that already happened. (The game is called Mario Story in Japan) Just like SMB3 which is just an interpretation of a real story in another medium.

Luigi's Mansion goes afterwards.
FUCK. Why is Mario lore so complicated?

>prison rape joke

N-nintendo?

In rpg or the other games

But Dark Moon implies that it was an illusion by King Boo.

I figured the original trilogy (except possibly the first) was an alternate timeline.

I know, I was kidding and making fun of how people think that & how the new games made Paper Mario that, user.

And nobody cared, unlike Kersi who in spite of being in a worse game was a less irritating Starlow, which immediatley made her likable.

It could easily be a torture joke too.

see

so is the game good? is it as good as ttyd?

Paper Mario retells stories that the real Mario actually did - why do you think the Star Spirits showed up in Mario Party 4?

Which Bowser is this?

Nobody liked Kersti except me.[/spoiler/
Or is this a Cred Forums thing?

its official if you use the tern normies unironically you are WORSE than the normalfags

It's fine, a 6/10 in my opinion.

People usually called her a bitch from what I noticed, me included.

Distant cousin, twice removed.
kidding

Her rant in Scuttlebug Burrow makes more sense when you realize she thought Mario left her for dead.
I just wish she was developed more so her sacrifice meant more.

Super Mario World, Yoshi's Safari, plenty of the Mario Partys, any game with Mecha Koopas pretty much. You could say that giving Bowser Jr machines to use is an extention of Bowser using them, since he's using his son as a weapon.

Both Bowsers love Peach, that's their motivation. Just different kinds of love.

not as bad as mario tennis: ultra smash

Mario is so fucking short

He's just jealous because Kobate, Tezuka, and a couple others designed Bowser's original kids and it makes him freel like a cuck with an impure waifu.

Morton Koopa Sr.

Also there are 2 pairs of Koopalings. The group with the brown Morton Koopa Jr, and the group with the grey one just called Morton.

a more polished Sticker Star, somewhere around SPM is at

the game is still a 7/10 for me

Kersti was Starlow but even worse.

Remember when the Koopalings were smaller than him?
Remember when Yoshi wasn't?
I remember.

>Meme reddit faggot music man
No thanks.

It's not that Bowser doesn't use machines, it's that Junior uses them much more often. Junior nowadays is rarely seen without his Clown Car and is constantly using it offensively. It's the basis of his moveset in Smash Brothers, that's how tied he is to it. Outside of the Mario Party series, the only time Bowser has offensively used his Clown Car in recent times is "Puzzle & Dragons". Otherwise, he uses it as a method of transportation Counting only the platformers, Junior only has two games where he is fought with a machine (give or take a couple Shadow Mario chases): NSMBDS (where he didn't have the brush or the Clown Car) and NSMBU (After you force him out of it during the final battle). Meanwhile, Bowser has only 2 games where he did use a machine/vehicle: SMW (The Koopa Clown Car) and Super Mario 3D World (The Bowser Mobile).

The snifits are chill

I keep hearing this jingle that reminds me of Sonic games when you get an extra life, anyone else?

>Bowser's plan was to turn everyone into niggers
That is evil

nvm I'm retarded, it's the guys subs jingle

That's where the "mini" part comes into play.

This Toad has lived too long

>"the ending will make you cry"
>exact same fucking ending plot twist as sticker star

Shy guy and Snifit are the best, they should get their own gme doing shifty stuff on Mushroom Kingdom

RPG

probably cause his head is a 1 up

He's been killing tiads since SMB1. Turning them into stone and plants and stuff.

Easily Ludwig.

Sticker Star was worse.

Who is the real american hero that dumped it?

No one can catch a break, holy shit.

Ryota Kawade

Is Bowser still orange with gold spikes, big headed and small-armed, with an unsegmented shell, or has he been redesigned like the goombas and boos?

Do you get anything for coloring in all uncolored spots in a level? I'm pretty close in a couple of them but I can't find the last spots.

I know he kept his usual Paper Look in Sticker Star and Paper Jam, but I haven't seen any images of him in CS after getting Un-BLACKED.

Is seems like there's been a big turn around with Cred Forums reception of this game.

Has your opinion changed from when the game was announced to now?

rip toad

Has the ending been dumped yet?

Why did this thread suddenly wake up during the night?

>Has your opinion changed from when the game was announced to now?
see

>Has your opinion changed from when the game was announced to now?
No. When it was first shown, I expected it to be a decent game, but I wondered why in the hell it had to be a Paper Mario game since it clearly isn't an RPG. Having played it, my opinion has not changed.

The writing for the game looks to be pretty top tier, and the music is as good as always. I'm not sold on the battle system yet but I like the variety of cards.

Wooow

If Cred Forums likes it, I like it.

You unlock music at the museum I think
Also Shy Thief can steal the colorless spots if you can't catch it

because we totally didn't have late night paper mario threads in the past

especially the ones with the sexy "Mario Enemies"

>Sexy "Mario Enemies"
Go on...

Connection issues

As much as I'm disappointed in this game i fucking love the writing

Gay goomba, gay turtleman, gay Bowser, etc.

it's nothing really

>he wasn't there
>he missed out
>all that shit during the shy gal fad (2014-2015)

so long gay bowser

yeah, so long...

Which ones?

Mario is hurting so many people

those "ones"

Jesus christ.

i prefered fem bowser better

This is getting sad...

Gruesome death

poor Weegee

How is this allowed in an E rated game?!

>Shyguy infestation in the kitchen
>Ordered to "clean" them out

They aren't people so it's ok

>Drug references
>Substituting "Scrap" for crap
>Reference to Prison torture/possibly rape

This game is getting away with a lot of things.

Okay, I might actually watch the entire game as a movie, this is getting hilarious.

Well, now we know what some of those thing cards are for.

The paint hammer capacity only exists to give a false sense of progression.
I have almost 4 times as much as when I started the game and fire flowers still take half of my ink meter
In the end most cards you find are prepainted anyway and you can buy it prepainted from the shop too so you can just avoid battles like sticker star

Yeah, I've noticed that myself, it's pretty dumb & disappointing. Was it really that hard to just have a normal EXP meter?

Man, that's some standard cartoon shit.

food porn territory

Well Tabata did say that Color Splash would be more focused on humor and dumb shit (seriously, she stated that the team brainstormed the dumbest crap they could think of)

rightclick and extract.
make sure extension is .001 not .rar

I am a big idiot who forgot to download the 18th part, nevermind.

If you all weren't enjoying it, you all wouldn't be making so many threads about it.

aaand you have to make it exactly right or the "mystery" patron won't take it. That includes tenderizing it.

It's not like Wii U owners have anything else to play.

I should report you for console war shitposting, but I got into an argument with my girlfriend, so I have no energy right now.

goddamn watching this stream is agony, the game literally tells him what to do and he says it doesn't work

Crunchii's losing it, the cooking segment requires precise instructions and tools.

I want to be mad at you for console wars shitposting, but I can't be because you're right. Fuck this stupid console, I'll play Paper Mario-lite so I get some use out of it.

I don't give a shit about console wars. It's a fact that the system has shit coming for it beyond this and Zelda (which is going to be on NX anyways).

Then why'd you buy it, you dumb white boy?

>Beat the meat too hard

This is too much

calm down, nigger. I bought it for smash 4 and I played plenty of smash 4.

>Dumbass white boy buys a console for one game
You have only yourself to blame, peckerwood.

theres girl toads?

So basically Sticker star 2.0: stockholm syndrome?

well, clearly no, i mean his wife left him.

>yfw JUUUUUUUUSTICEEEEEEE!!

I might get this just for all the keks in the game.

You want sad eh?

Do they say anything about beating the meat?

nice

There are a bunch of toads that say it
But it is still vague in some points

the first hour or two is so boring, does it get better?

no the game is shit, i played for 15 hours and its not fun at all
like seriously

So are there any characters in the game besides Toads, Shy Guys, Bowser and the Koopa Kids?

All the clips always seem to just be those characters.

Not by much

Birdo and petey are in too

Larry is straight bad ass

>Birdo
Oh shit really?

I made it to the beach level. I dropped it when I realized I was intentionally skipping battles because what's the fucking point? It's Sticker Star all over again.

So is the bucket the only new character introduced in the game?

Why even have it as an RPG at this point? There seems to be almost no enemy variety.
Almost seems like it'd be better off as a point and click or something.

train car fun

>15 hours, beach level

what

Nothing wrong here

Holy shit that toad's suicidal.

I should have mentioned I wasn't that guy.

What is this fucking garbage?

No, user is just retarded.

>if you wait too long to kill Larry he just says fuck it and stomps on you mercilessly for 34 HP per hit

>Mario bosses with enrage

Holy shit

Dump question, how do I paint this wall up here?

And then there's this asshole

D
E
P
P
E
S
T

We're reaching new depths

holy fuck thats depressing Shy Guy I'm so sorry.

the humor alone is making me want to play this

You should. Cred Forums was wrong again. Risa was right. Cred Forums NEEDS to apologize.

The Shy Guys are the best part of this game, I swear. I felt bad for killing one in Plum Park when all he wanted to do was to hang out with his friends to watch Birdo. Too bad they can't make the Toads appealing.

Well you can technically play it now

Shadilay?

If the series goes back to its roots I'll apologize

i wish they would stop putting shitty goddamn helpers into mario rpgs
every interaction is just them being a snide asshole for laffs or translating italian for the player
starlow is legitimately the worst character ive ever encountered

The writing, soundtrack, and visuals are this game's only pluses.

Even worse than Kertsi?

So if one watched a silent walkthrough of the game they'd still get the same pleasure as playing it?

If you like the humor then I guess try it, though I feel they're a hit or miss. The areas are what I like a lot so far, I just wish it was less linear & stage-esque.

I disagree, it has great areas, charm & some appeal, it's a lesser Super Paper Mario I would say but the complaints it's going to get are still justified. This combat is shit even with it being expanded upon & there are other nuisances to me that make this experience a bit meh. At least it's not as bad as Sticker Star, though I feel that was expected from everyone.

Any references to past paper mario ames?

This is kinda one of the reasons I liked TTYD and SPM when I thought more about it.

It wasn't a "X stole these" type of macguffin quest.
>PM64 - Bowser stole the star rod, and split the star spirits among his minions and had them go off and dick around with them.
>TTYD - Xnauts and Mario questing for things that more were being used/guarded by others, with only some of the levels involving the Xnauts invading/causing shit.
>SPM - Bleck does his shit to make the dark heart, then just kinda bunkers down and only really occasionally sends his dudes to places to stop mario (except for Mimi's mansion I mean), while everything is really a "prove your worth" trial type deal for pure hearts.

I like it more when the enemies aren't attacking Mario just cause "their boss told them to." It's better when they're just naturally a part of the environment where you have to get the macguffin.

It feels nicer to be proving yourself by helping a whole area/doing some feat rather than just beating the baddies that stole the things and were sitting around on them with their thumbs up their asses.

Is Treehouse still marketing this shit here? Holy shit just stop, get some dignity, and tell NoJ to stop making shitty products.

I'm behind other Anons but the Dark Bloo Inn has some portraits referencing Sticker Star, haven't noticed anything else so far though. Best area by the way, the music is SO good.

>Treehouse
>Providing a way for people to download the game and pay nothing

the fanfare when you get a big paint star is the same as the chapter end theme from the first game

>if you try to attack him willy-nilly, Larry will heal himself for 999 HP after every turn and summon minions
>if you use a Tail card to dry and deflect his magic blast attacks, Larry will know and jump on you instead
>if you use a Spiky Helmet to protect against his jump attacks, Larry will know and will drop kick you instead
>if you try to attack him preemptively, he will hide and dodge all of your attacks regardless of what they are
>if you simply take too long to defeat him Larry will just shrug, call you a loser and stomp on you relentlessly for massive damage until you're guaranteed dead

Best Koopaling?

>those coins
Why?
Is there no fucking use for coins in this game or something?

You can buy steaks for 1000 coins at a certain point in the game.

Trust me, you'll be buying more than one.

How DO you beat him then?

IS THIS FAIR

I hope you're right, I've held onto 9999 coins since before I killed Iggy, I've only been using them to get cards from the Battle Spinner but I get the coins back right afterwards.

Lategame has you cooking steak using Things and if you're not absolutely perfect with the ingredients you have to repurchase them for high prices (100-150-200 each). If you fail more than twice, you have to buy the steak itself too, which is 1000 coins.

And some of you fucks said this game actually had shit writing..

Radical Larry

Larry is straight boss

Eh, I can see the point.
They're meant to act as the partners in Legend of Zelda.
Hell, same way they work in the old Paper Mario with the partners.

They're a mouthpiece for the silent protagonist.
They're basically there so that enemies and characters don't end up just having a one sided conversation for too long. The partner interjections are to break things up and help keep things focused.

That sounds god awful. Worse than fucking Gourmet Guy. Is the person you're cooking for not Gourmet Guy I assume?

>An original character (who isn't a helper)
>In modern Paper Mario
No it's Larry

How the fuck do you beat him then?

You put a cork in it

It's Larry. Who as you can see is pretty fucking ridiculous boss in this game.

Anyone?

HE KNOWS ABOUT TIMED HITS

They had to make Larry godmode overpowered because he had no other blatant one-trick pony trait to over-exaggerate like the other Koopalings.

He's like the "Mario" of the Koopalings.

Bowser's GRAND DAD from Bedrock

>blatant one-trick pony trait to over-exaggerate
Do you mean during boss fights? Examples for other Koopalings?

I just mean personality-wise, like how Morton is the "dumb one" or Wendy is the "girl" or Roy is the "cool guy" or Ludwig is the "only actually competent one"

Larry is just... Larry, in that regard.

Well none of them had personalities before. Honestly I can't tell what Iggy and Lemmy are supposed to be. They're both kooky looking and overlap quite a bit.

Larry is the youngest one but aside from that I guess he's just the most normal one.

>find Luigi in a fucking bathroom
>he waves and then walks right off the screen
>Huey makes a little quip about it
Fucking really, Nintendo?

new thread me amigos

>Cred Forums does a complete 180 on the game because of some WACKY dialogue
Enjoy Sticker Star 3 in two years.

People in this thread still don't think it's worth a purchase

You mean worst Koopaling.
So boring, they had to make up bullshit for his fight.
Literally has no personality.

He also mails you.

ABSOLUTE

BEST

>game's going to do we'll when we are all pirating it
what kinda logic is that, user?

that's some youtube comment tier dialogue

But people still hate the gameplay & are simply pirating it.