I never see this discussed here - what does Cred Forums think about LA Noire?

I never see this discussed here - what does Cred Forums think about LA Noire?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2011/06/24/why-did-la-noire-take-seven-years-to-make
youtube.com/watch?v=P2VdcDziebs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really enjoyed it, opinion on here seems to be that it was pretty hit or miss

L.A. Bore

More like LAME Noire.

>expect action game
>get motion capture: the game
If you like detective games go for it, but don't expect GTA set in the late 1940s.

The cases are compelling and so is the running narrative. The facial animations are effective. The world is well designed visually, but I wasn't really compelled to explore it outside of cases. The interrogation system is is hysterically flawed, because you can't actually see what you're going to say. So it's not uncommon for the "doubt" prompt to turn into "YOU LYING, COCKSUCKER. DON'T TRY AND PULL ONE OVER ON ME, YOU TAINT LICKING SON OF A WHORE.".

I'd like to see more games using the MotionScan technology.

Shame Team Bondi fucked up Whore of the Orient.

HATE NEWSPAPERS

>Shame Team Bondi fucked up Whore of the Orient.

?

Great concept, poor execution.
Too bad we'll probably never see another game that tries this and does it well.

It is:
1) A nice detective game.
2) Cool if you like old cars.

It is not:
1) A proper shooter.
2) A proper driving game.
3) Grand Theft Auto.

Great voice acting and world building.

The last act was disappointing though.

>don't expect GTA set in the late 1940s
I think everyone was expecting that

Ex-Bondi members joined some Australian based studio and started making a 1930s game about international police investigations in Hong Kong. The game was announced as canceled last year. Dunno what happened though.

Interesting cases

Terrible shooting and driving

Confusing interrogation system. Honestly maybe I'm just bad but I fucked up at least half the questions each cases.

Cool characters.

It's a shame, they built a great game world and gave you nothing to do in it

Tried to but couldn't play it because I have minor alexithymia and can't tell if they are lying.

Has no one modded the PC release, so it tells you exactly what you're gonna say in an interrogation?

I like your ass

YOU'RE LYING MORGAN

never got it because i'm on PC and

no 60fps
port is meant to be shit
it's like $15 on sale despite being like 10 years old

>Dunno what happened though.
ign.com/articles/2011/06/24/why-did-la-noire-take-seven-years-to-make
tl;dr Bondi is run by a total cunt.

2 minuets on the PC gaming wiki would tell you it can be fixed. Though if you go over 60, shit starts to break. I got it for 5 bucks with the DLC on Steam 2 years back, and it's only 9 right now in the R* sale

Flawed, but one of the most immersive adventure games ever made.
One of these games where it's perfectly fine to go trough with a non spoiler walktrough the first time around.

It was ok.

Though I never understood why near the end you find a movie reel with overwhelming evidence about how both the mayor, the police chief and others were behind the arson incidents.

Felt it was rushed, why would they film themselves talking about their crimes?

THIS IS AMERICA

>No poker minigame or anything that actually needed the super-expensive facial capture
Devs were retarded

>2 minuets on the PC gaming wiki would tell you it can be fixed.

oh mb

>Though if you go over 60, shit starts to break

die moron

>mans1ay3r hasn't made decent GP in almost 3 years

I liked it. It had some cases that had something to say. Like the arson ones. Even Who Framed Roger Rabbit was based in truth.

The face capture was all done at 30, going over that makes the faces go a bit crazy

I'm pretty sure you can just be a dick to everyone and still get by. I don't think you can fail the cases, just have shitty evidence that gets you chewed out by your superiors.

the game needed more side content... I don't know, whatever people used to get up to in the 50s

>he fell for the 144hz meme

I liked it. Though it's got mass effect syndrome where no matter what you really do it all ends up the same.

It was also delayed so many times you would have thought it was to make the game better, not simply finish it and add free roam.

>i don't have a 144hz monitor therefore its a meme

Finished it a few days ago
Every case was interesting and well done, the acting was really well done and invoked emotion from me. OST is great too chasing people to it is great. Evidence and questioning is great it's fun be able to see a lie and then expose it or doubt it, the software used for it is amazing.

Driving isn't so well done and vs ai is fucking annoying.
Shooting could have used some work.
The ending was just bad, even though just before it was really building to something great like this masterful scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=P2VdcDziebs
Cole was developed really well and I really liked him as a character since I can really relate to him.

Overall it was a great game that suffered from the development process, would like to see it remade or given a sequel.

Seconding this anons question. This game needs it more than Fallout 4.

It's alright, a bit heavy on the gimmick and it loses steam after homicide but it's alright.

Glitches out the ass. The interrogation system is way too strict. Boring, needless driving. Combat could be better, or probably removed entirely. Story went full retard at the end.

Still enjoyed it for the characters and gritty atmosphere. 10 years later and the facial expressions still haven't been topped. Working up through the ranks was fun, would be cool if they expanded on that aspect. There was lots of attention to little details in some ways, which was neat.

Traffic>Homicide>Patrol>Arson>Vice

Traffic had best partner and a great ending case.
Homicide had best cases and the ending case really testing your mental skills (unless you let cole tell you, casual).
Patrol eased you in and gives interesting cases and hooks you into the game.
Arson had a good partner but ending brought it down and sometimes you don't even play Cole
Vice is boring and
>Roy

Game is boring.

It was like an old point and click adventure game with open world driving and shooting slapped on top of it. It didn't always hit the mark but I respect it for at least trying something different.

Needlessly open-world due to there being nothing to do in the game recreationally.
Linear story where your couches don't matter except for, "You picked the wrong options, go do it again and pick the right ones"
Press X to action
Press X to platform
Be told throughout the entire game who the mastermini is but are forced to butt fuck through cases you know arent solving anything.

Facial expressions were only marginally better than half life 2.
50s aesthetic, suits, cars, car chases, and voice acting are all this game is good for

>couches
Choices*

>where your couches don't matter

Thanks for the hearty laff, user

I played it at 144 fps and nothing really broke. Except for that one quest where you have to write into some note book or something and it fucks up on anything higher than 30 fps.