Is this the most overrated western vidya company ever?

>Release underwhelming GTA with a mediocre story and meh gameplay:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

>Scrapped Story DLC and instead focus on jewing people with Shark Cards

>Took years them to port GTA V to PC and PS4

>Agent is the literal definition of vaporware

>Haven't announced anything in years

>Bully, Manhunt, etc are dead franchises

>RDR never got a PC port

>Only focusing on GTA series

It's a shame, they were really one of my favorite vidya companies but they went to shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qFbkXffa85E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

blizzard is more overrated
>muh WoW nostalgia
>gets praised for their casual games that killed genres
>Literally the biggest jews in the whole industry

Overwatch is cool tho.

They made a game that made a billion plus

Yeah, i think this is the problem, money pretty much corrupted them and they just dont give a fuck anymore, i fear that Rockstar will go to the Konami route.

I can't see them going to mobile gaming considering they're doing just fine jewing people with microtransactions on every other platform.

There won't even be GTA6. Instead they will give us GTA ONLINE 2.

Well, they already released their old GTA games on iOS and Android.

I am actually sorprised that they haven't go mobile gaming.

Dan and sam are getting up in years but i doubt money is an issue they were worth 20 million + before GTA V even came out. It's also amazing how you people talk about Rockstar like they are in fact a rockstar they don't show up to normal events like E3. And always remember they are a Studio. take 2 is actually the people that are publishers. The reason it takes him so long to come out with a game it's cuz they make sure it's pretty much perfect can't be said for the same for their online performances but.....

You forgot that they practically scrapped Midnight Club for GTA Online DLC.

They even make ping pong a fucking fun game. R* is tits.

No, you're wrong.

GTA 6 will be like Smugglers Run 3 tip this time maybe we'll fly from Bogota to Vice City. Cocaine Cowboys the game.

>Make sure it's pretty much perfect

Yeah, right
>Shit gunplay compared to other, earlier titles running the same engine
>Driving mechanics that, while stepping away from IV's driving-on-ice 'realism', is objectively more watered down than ever.
>Three shit-tier main characters instead of one god-tier character
>Somehow manage to make Los Santos feel like a tiny, lifeless shithole even though it is several times larger than the Los Santos in GTA:SA
>Only SIX elaborate story-related heists, absolutely no free-form heists to pull off, in a game that was marketed as having heists being a core feature the game was based around

Is it Blizzard?

Retro Studios is far more overrated.

Metroid Prime is the single most overrated game of all time.

Bethessda is far and above the most overrated western company. Rockstar isn't even that overrated. Bethesda releases broken, unworkable games with shit stories, broken game play, casualized to hell and back, with visuals so bad that sub-par doesn't even do them justice. Not only do people not bring up how bad the games are, people actually gobble them up and devote countless hours of time to their fandom for these shit games. People go fucking insane for fallout, almost GTA level insnae, except when you objectively look at it, GTA games are at the very least working games that look good.

Well considering almost every game they release is either close enough to a masterpiece or at the very least innovative if you're a faggot who doesn't like them I'd say you're wrong.

Name something better than. Reading your complaints is like birching a bout pussy cause its not your hand.

Yep. Can't say I think any of their games look interesting save maybe the Manhunt games at a hard stretch.

Before GTA V, no.
After, yes.

Rockstar can make a game that costs well over $250 million and make that back overnight as if it's nothing. How the hell does Metroid Prime, or even Retro as a whole, have anything on a company whose name power alone can allow that? It's a critical darling of its time but by no means did it make a particularly huge splash. No Metroid game has done that, save perhaps Super Metroid and its influence on game design.

>Name something better than. Reading your complaints is like birching a bout pussy cause its not your hand

Something better than GTA V?

GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia 2, every Elder Scrolls game, every open-world Tony Hawk game, Babyz for GBA, Ren and Stimpy Veediots, Vectorman 1 & 2

If you're gonna compare a Hanzo sword, you compare it to every other sword ever made... that wasn't made by Hattori Hanzo.

>tfw reinstalling IV because of this.
IV had better music too, the slav radio was comfy and the theme was great. I can also enjoy TLaD and TBOGT, where V got no good dlc.
Remember them removing song from VC or SA?
Fuck R*, they arent getting more money from me.

Ok 5is shit.
What about non mainline games, is CTW worth picking up? I was always skeptical.

I can't believe that anybody would say the 5 is not by far the best one that they come out with yet. This it's like that whole Bruce Jenner thing all over again

just compare online to singleplayer

It's called big record labels not renewing and granting licenses again, smart one.

IMO online was ruined by little cheating faggots. Rockstar gave you an amazing option to build your own levels and fucking assholes figured out a way to make every single Deathmatch take you to 999 million dollars plus 12 hundred thousand respect points or whatever. And made it completely unplayable so I won't even bother with a comparison. And it's probably why they marketed as a completely different game GTA online.

>dumbed down rehash of the original Metroid
>having any influence on anything

All credit is due to the original game, of which Super Metroid is a rehash made 1000x easier.

Modern Rockstar games are more sims than games.

The last truly "fun" game they made was San Andreas.

RDR and GTA5 had some extremely tedious elements

rockstar fucked it up by making everything so expensive, those people just wanted to have fun by giving large amounts of money, instead of having to do missions for money

some people just want to roam around with what the game has to offer, but no u gotta pay fuckin millions for a car

>underwhelming GTA with a mediocre story and meh gameplay

Noted.

I have plenty of loot and stuff. And I never even had to resort to bullshit like cheating and repeating the same thing over and over again because it paid well I just played deathmatches and LTS

you forgot, gta V was initially promoted as a game about heists, and the heists dlc took fucking ages to come out lol

no there will be gta6 but it will be entirely online, no single player story, pure DRM for shark cards

>only GTA I ever enjoyed was Vice City
The GTA series is shit, prove me wrong

there were heists in the singleplayer you retard

Let me correct that for you

Blizzard-Activision*

San Andreas was a objectively superior game in almost every aspect. Doesn't matter if you enjoyed Vice City more. There, I proved you wrong.

how did you get so bitter?

GTA V is a great game with a fantastic environment, great characters and probably the best physics engine out there.

GTA Online is probably the best part about GTA V, constantly updated with content FOR FREE and there is still content coming.

I feel bad for you that you can't enjoy great video games anymore, your life must suck.

San Andreas was the best GTA game so far by large. It just added so much relevant things compared to VC that it made the game a whole new level of fun.

>i have a subjective opinion about a video game, prove me wrong...

god you're dumb

>MUH STORY
>MUH GAMEPLAY

at the point where video games are at right now, whatever you dislike in gameplay and story is because of a DECISION developers chose to make. It has nothing to do with being good or bad.
It's chosen to be this way because it will produce the most commercial success.

Video games nowadays can be rated on all kinds of technological advances, but when story and gameplay are 'bad'; the game simply isn't for you.
Not every game is tailor made for you.

I stopped supporting that piece of shit company once they force me to install the social club shit to play online. Also saint row is superior to gta in every way.

>came out with the best optimized PC port of all time just last year
>it was the port of the most ambitious high budget TECHNOLOGY including autisticly detailed game ever

have a little faith, dickhead. who else are you gonna trust? ubisoft?

Yup

And they took their time to do it. They wanted it to be right. And worth the wait.

pretty much, i haven't found gta fun since i turned 13 or 14 and turning red dead into an even more boring gta clone/poker simulator with exponentially worse multiplayer than its ps2 predecessor was the last straw so ill probably not be buying any of their products again

Oh shit guys, rockstar is done for.

youtu.be/qFbkXffa85E

the only thing i dont like is that theyve apparently completely stopped doing GTA games set in different times and the characters/worlds previous to IV dont exist, its all going to be modern from now

do you really think making yourself look like an autistic mindless consumer with no principles will make you look cool or smart or something? its not like i even remotely implied im going to make a difference. im honestly not sure why you would post something like this outside of trying to make me feel better about myself

>bunch of useless shit
>meanwhile doesn't mention that iv doesn't have: Car customization, planes, gun customization, detailed character customization,...

>people actually think publisher/developer loyalty exists in videogames industry

Keked to the max.

and planes are at 2.20.

Welp, forgive me for being a retard but i thought it was that other video that claims that IV is better than V, never knew there was another one.

R* and their GTA series is like watching someone become successful off a hugely controversial idea, make improvements to it and gain a huge following, then immediately tone it down and even remove the things that made that idea great in the first place for the sake of convenience because nobody else can compete in the same way.
>GTA 3 is an underdog story of an ex-con just trying to get back on his feet and avoid crazy shit
>Vice City is basically Scarface with comedy and a dialogue on the US in the 80's
>San Andreas is a cynical look at black culture in the US that takes it to the extreme and holds nothing back
>GTAIV is the foreigner's perspective on the US and all its hypocrisy and bullshit about the "American Dream"
>GTAV is a shitty attempt to parody LA and use 3 characters to show from different perspective the "struggle" of a west coast citizen.
You can see where they hit their peak and started to descend into mediocrity.

>not Bethesda
At least RDR was a pretty cool game, although underwhelming on some parts (still salty that train heists aren't really a thing). Bethesda has been irredemably bad since Morrowind and are still hailed as shining gods of game design based on what I assume is hype alone.

you and me both know the GTA4 gunplay was shit

>Is this the most overrated western vidya company ever?
No, that would be Naughty Dog

of course it does, but that loyalty stems from profitability, that's what economics is

>Still no Max Payne 3: Remastered to fix the few flaws that game has

>expecting them to patch one of the selling points

It doesn't exist. Publishers just put out consistent games, and those games match the preferences of people each time. Publisher loyalty is a myth made up by people with niche tastes who want to justify why a fraction of people play their shitty games.

> GTA IV was leaked and downloaded millions of times by pirates before release on PC.

> Upset RDR never saw a PC release.

Ok.

Valve.

Steam sucks. It's the reason why you dont see boxed retail copies of PC games in stores anymore. And it's also why everyone now how their own 'store' like uplay, origin, etc. Do you know how annoying it is when you buy a retail copy in store only to find out you have to download the game from the publishers servers?

Half Life 2 was a fucking tech demo of the source engine. It's a bland boring corridor shooter with everybody's first waifu alyx vance.

Portal was a meme game. The writing sucked and the cake was never funny.

Left 4 Dead is mediocre horde assault game with a zombie skin.

Team Fortress 2 showed just how jewish valve is with the hats and microtransactions.

But the worst part is you Cred Forums! You empowered and emboldened valve and gaben and the rest of the industry to milk you like fucking cattle. You said that valve could do no wrong and even when they committed the most egregious acts against you, you bent over, took it, and smiled like a fucking cuckold.

There's evident cases of loyalty within mainstream publishers and devs. Rockstar and Take Two because they have a long history of success together, and Zenimax with Bethesda because of internal relationships.

I still don't understand what your point is.

>company makes 1 meh out of the dozens of classics theyve made
>LOL MOST OVERRATED COMPANY EVER AMIRITE
Btw, Bethesda is the most overrated

>they were really one of my favorite vidya companies but they went to shit.
yes, totally this. fucking jews.

>Millions of times
>Most people couldn't even launch the game due to shitty optimization

My point is people like to justify a game's success because people pledge to buy every video game from a publisher, regardless of the type of game or quality of the game. And then they will defend that publisher even if the game is shit. That is simply not true.

These are good candidates for the title.

No. These are overrated
>CDPR; their games aren't even that good, Witcher 3 included
>Valve; they're not even making games at this point, they're piloting off old success
>Blizzard; All games are repetitive mouse clicking shit
>Kojima prod.; Mainly the head honcho himself. His writings only good if you have the mind of an edgy 16 year old.

Op is a fag

this

>Is this the most overrated western vidya company ever?
It probably is, but in my opinion not because of the reasons you listed.

>Bully and RDR both are incredibly underwhelming
>Max Payne 3 is basically a really long GTA mission
>GTA is the E X A C T same shit as it has been since the third installment
I don't know, call me contrarian all you want, but all the Rockstar's games are so incredibly fucking similar to each other with the same collection of flaws each game. I loved GTA when I was a kid, but you just can't take this shitshow seriously now.

And the fact that RDR is considered by a shitload of people to be one of the best games ever is just absolutely mind blowing to me. I can even get the love for Bethesda's games, for fucks sake, even Ubisoft's cerebral exercises, but not this. It's literally an empty fucking barren shitty wasteland that doesn't require to do anything harder than repeatedly pressing left and right trigger, with no content and with the trade mark cringeworthy Rockstar writing.