Just got a GTX 1080 yesterday, what's the best game to use it in?

Just got a GTX 1080 yesterday, what's the best game to use it in?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PG27AQ-3840x2160-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01AWGY9MG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474833293&sr=8-2&keywords=ASUS 4k 144hz
pcpartpicker.com/list/spMTM8
pcgamer.com/what-optimization-really-means-in-games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TF2

roller coaster tycoon

>yfw you realize graphics don't mean shit because PC games are fucking boring

RimWorld
BigPharma
Battlerite
League of Legends
DOTA
Hearthstone
ARK

Enjoy!

Hitman 2016
ARMA III

Melee netplay HD pack.

Witcher 3

Ebay
Craigslist

My favorite games, thanks!

If you REALLY want to put it through its paces...Crysis2 or STALKER Call of Pripyat.

If you just want good graphics on a fun game...Overwatch, Fallout NewVegas, DayZ

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

D44M

>If you just want good graphics on a fun game...Overwatch, Fallout NewVegas, DayZ
>good graphics

>dayz
>fun

witcher 3 ultra settings

eh I just care about frames

>crysis 2
wut
>cpu intensive games

Nigga are you retarded?

Yep, people totally wanna play those. nogamesnogamesnogames

Assetto Corsa
Project CARS
Dirt Rally
Whatever Forza is on PC now.

REFERENCE CARD

>FONV
>Day Z
>fun game
>Crysis 2
>STALKER
>intensive
????????????????????

Witcher 3
GTA V
KF2 (maybe?)

BF1, but it's so well optimized that I've seen far inferior cards run it beautifully.

Doom probably looks neato at ultra.

New Forza game is supposedly difficult to run, but I hear it's because of the bad optimization rather than any stellar graphics.

None. You literally wasted your money. There aren't any fun games to enjoy with your GPU.

I've never heard of Fallout NewVegas is it kind of like Bioshock infinite? That's my favorite game, the story is amazing!

Holy shit PC has nothing. Elitists can brag about frames and resolution and paying thousands for hardware but these faggots have nothing but boring obscure shit. Reminds me of the Vita

undertale

>fun game...Overwatch

You fucking paid more than $400 for a GPU and your games are fucking trash

Metro Last Light
Witcher 3
GTA V
Killing Floor 2
Battlefield 4
The new Forza if you're into racing games
D44M

A good test would be World of Warcraft, the game looks amazing in ultra detail mode. Now is the perfect time to start a WoW subscription anyway, with the Legion expansion live.

Personally I recommend you roll a demon hunter, they're the new class and they have excellent mobility; they're the only class with a double jump, which makes raiding funner than ever

Dumb console poster

>multiplats that anyone can play.
>paying a lot for parts just to play these

You can't make this shit up.

Bio shock infinite is the spiritual successor to f:nv

Nothing dumber than paying so much just to play nothing, cuck

Mine sweeper, ultra settings.

I would say the new Battlefront but I am not sure is a good game, it has a graphic mod too though.

Emulation, for instance emulating Shadow of Colossus, or F-ZERO (for gamecube).
Crysis 3 of course, Stalker has some great mods but that would work even on old GPUs even with mods.

I think OP you should just imagine that you wont have any trouble playing any game, unless it was developed with feets.
This shit is getting too ironic for me.

I keep my PC ready to go with relevant parts just in case something comes along that I want to play.

So far the most recent game I've played is wasteland 2, Idk man. The indie scene doesn't interest me and nothing looks good any more.

Every now and then I'll reinstall fallout new Vegas or skyrim and mod the fuck out of it to get a very customized experience, but that limerence wears off after about two weeks and it gets uninstalled.

>most recent game i played is indie game
>indie scene doesnt interest me

PC gamers IQ ladies

>"Congratulations, you bought a $700 graphics card."

What can I play though?

>"Um, you know the great games on PC like Minecraft, Terraria, Warcraft..."

Snooooooore

>"There's also OVERWATCH! The most popular game right now!"

Isn't that on consoles too and is inferior to that older free team based shooter?

>"There's Sims and Arma and Counter Strike!"

That's it?

>"THERE'S ALSO UNDERTALE AND GOAT SIMULATOR AND FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S THE PC HAS GAMES PLEASE BELIEVE ME! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!"

Half of the multiplats just got lucky and were ported from PC
I.E: the Witcher and doom maybe not the new doom but Doom in general
Remember The Witcher got downgraded because of console pleb.
Hang urself muh boi
Yes you triggered me nigger

Console fag

KEK

Wasteland 2 is a PC game the predecessor for Fallout, it's not indie muh KneeGrow

you're so rude

Yeah I won't lie I get indie confused with a genre. Still 3mil is high for an indie game so it's easy to forget.

If all indie games had that polish (and budget to be fair) I wouldn't be disillusioned with the idea of an indie market

>multiplats that anyone can play.
do you realize that the 1080 is an enthusiast level card
there are no games that require a 1080 to play, because those games would get no sales
but what a 1080 does do is let you put the settings up to max and play it in 1080p/144 fps

Not that guy but doesnt Indie mean Indipendent, aka a game developed without a publisher?

But he is a console fag

delete this

>pay for a 1080
>still costs less than buying a console every 4 years, paying for games, and paying for online

>1080p
>not 1440p
What are you doing.

I was the first reply and I was right I am tired of console plebs calling pc's not the best to do one thing.
Get me le triggered die boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
Everyone know's pc is the best thats why consoles have to have exlusives so people buy them well that and dumbass's who can't build with lego's basically t b h
Also this
That 1080 will last about 6 to 7 years.

Can a 1080 handle this year's games at max settings in 1440/144?

Yes? A 1070 can. Are you stupid?

>yfw u didn't fall for the mustarrace meme

It's not like PC players only play the PC exclusive games, when you have a 1080 you can play the same games console players play except in 4k ultra settings

Because the only part you ever upgrade is your GPU right?

The 1080 can't even maintain 60fps with Deus Ex Mankind Divided at max settings 1080p and you want it to last 7 years? lmao

Stop being retarded please. I have a 1070 and it's barely good enough at 1080p/60 for the newest AAA.

And with mods, and you can emulate the old consoles, plus you get all the exclusives like MMOs, RTS, Grand Strategy, Indies

>being this autistic
I bet you have an i5 and a founders edition 1070.

It's about time you stop posting.

Because you're wrong? Have you even seen the benchmarks?

I have a 1080 and a 4790k and I can run any game I've tried at 60fps at least, The Witcher 3, Deus Ex and Arma 3 all dip below 60fps from time to time at 1440p. This issue isn't the quality of the hardware, most games are just optimized like shit nowadays.
Thank god for based Gsync to make sub 60fps more bearable.

>I have a 1070 and it's barely good enough at 1080p/60 for the newest AAA.
What? Even a 970 can do that easily. Unless you turn on retarded settings like hairworks or 8XMSAA

>you can play the same games console players play

Except the exclusives. And even emulators aren't perfect for running a lot of certain games. King of Fighters 14 is easily game of the year to me but I can't play it on pc. I also prefer Bloodborne, DeS and Nioh to the action/rpg games on pc. The only great games PC has are TF2 and Minecraft. Before you call me a consolefag I also have a top tier PC (at least according to logicalincrements)

>gonna buy a car
>what you mean i need hands to use it!?
shit analogies , but you are fucking retarded

none can are u fucking retarded 1440p 144fps? I cant hit 144 fps on 1080p with gtx 1070. Maybe if you play on ultra low.

How long before a console will get that performance on DE MD boi, also it's because it's made for DX 12 which is more optimized on AMD cards because all console use shitty AMD hardware.
When they finally optimize that shit for Nvidya it will be a great day.

I bet you're the type of person who says "the human eye can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps! 4k is too realistic!"

Do you have max msaa and vsync on? Even 970/80/Ti can play games on high settings 60+ fps.

Rise of the Tomb Raider with VXAO, Witcher 3 with the max settings (not counting hairworks), Far Cry 4 and hell even GTAV.

Of course that's without MSAA x8 or whatever meme you want to throw at me.

"I prefer every console exclusive"
Have you played Dark Souls 1 @1080p 60fps with HD texture packs?
It's drop dead gorgeous you liar post speccy if you have such a top tier PC

Let's be real for a second. Isn't it the same for all platforms right now. 8th gen games in general have been pretty average so far, and besides a few exceptions, they're all multiplatform.

Sure, you can have a PS4 and brag about Bloodborne or Uncharted 4, but in the end there's not much to choose from. Console players make it seem like we're living in the 5th gen era, where every platform had its appeal and a huge and differentiated library to dig into, but that's not the case nowadays. At all.

PCfags BTFO'd

I play all of those except tomb raider don't own it on my 970 at 1080p/60fps on high/max settings.
Especially witcher 3, runs like a fucking dream.

I have a 970 and I can easily get 144 fps on 1080p with a mixture of high and ultra settings

>cucks spent thousands for undertale and five nights at freddys

Right. I know what you guys mean by "high/max".
It's always the same bullshit. You turn down the settings that you can't handle and then pretend it's maxed out 60fps no dips butter smooth. Every GPU thread on Cred Forums.

>tfw playing ro2 at 1440p 100+fps
Can't wait for vietnam. This game doesn't look too spectacular but it's definitely a game that benefits hugely from the enhanced resolution.

DELETE THIS

>buy one of the best GPU's on the market
>turn AA off
even at 1440p the jaggies are disgusting
I don't understand how people can tolerate jaggies, literally the worst shit.

Minecraft

>turning off msaa and vsync is bullshit

>the only great games the PC has are TF2 and Minecraft

You lost all credibility, only consolefags use this line. If all your favorite games happen to be console exclusive then that's your own taste, for me personally I have dropped the most time in games like EUIV, Civ 5, CKII, League of Legends, Total War Games, Starcraft 2, Black Desert Online

>Arma 3
>best game to use good GPU

kys

Terraria is good

This. Console/PC war becomes meaningless when all you have in your favor are a handful of exclusives. The only exception would be Nintendo, because it's mostly first party exclusives (which are average too imo)

All of them.

>You turn down the settings that you can't handle and then pretend it's maxed out 60fps no dips butter smooth
Nah dude, my gtx960 can easily max* out Witcher 3 at 60fps, buttery smooth, no framedrops.
*no antialiasing
*shadows on low
*900p resolution
*I actually hate Witcher 3 for its poor combat

No, with high/max I mean mostly everything on ultra with shadows on high most of the time.
>Every GPU thread on Cred Forums.
You mean people shilling the latest $600 GPU's to play fucking 1080/60? Because those idiots are fucking everywhere.

runescape high quality

The latest TR looks fantastic. And it is also a good game, to my surprise.

this man has no chill

(You)

>Snooooooore

Is this modded?

>germany
>palm trees
>signs in english
what a shit game

I kinda ignored it on account of how much the first game pissed me off.
Will check into it.

This is exactly why I laugh at anyone who brags about their expensive rigs. No games. lel

PCucks on suicide watch lmao

> And it is also a good game, to my surprise
but the story is lame as fuck and the gameplay is just typical uncharted walking and climbing with the bland third person shooting aspect as well. The stealth gameplay is probably the strongest part of the game but it's still so run of the mill.
I do agree that the game looks fantastic though.

wut

I'm shilling the dawn of the 4k gaming PC. Although I do admit the 1080 is only barely powerful enough to do decent 4k.
No, just maxed out at 4k.
It plays in an alternate reality where Americans adopted German as their official language.

oh fuck

GTA V is probably the best console port of all time desu

>I'm shilling the dawn of the 4k gaming PC
Nothing wrong with recommending a card for what it was meant for. My problem lies with fags trying to get some unwitting user who just wants to play 1080p, to pay over double of what he actually needs.

I agree. It's almost perfect. It even has native Dualshock 4 support.
True. If you'll keep using a 1080p display anyway, there's no need to get anything more powerful than an RX480.

THIS. "peecee gaymen" is a scam. Bunch of shills getting you to pay for parts and then you got nothing good to play

For TR standards, the story is good. You can't expect Planescape Torment. It has great pacing, some minor twists and it involves Lara like no other game in the series.
The gameplay is not THAT generic. I won't deny the automatic climbing and platforming, but the combat opens up a lot more possibilities than the previous game and the puzzles are fun and well designed and make good use of the gadgets.

dont be angry

It has more games than the "Pee-Ass Foor" at least.

I only have a god damned PS3 controllers because I recently upgraded from console but I got SCP which is meme fucking magic with games it runs perfectly and never messes up unlike Chinese virus installer joypad or whatever
And I really like how I can switch between KB+M Without having to go through menus its automatic like I go from shooting some fag with the keyboard to drivng and flying with controller like meme magic it's sweet

>this
>typing like an angsty teenager
>being poor
>console wars faggotry
>>>/reddit/

What is "something good to play" that isn't on computers.

Nice indie games lol

>This still gets replies
Fuck off shill. You make this thread twice a week every time a new GeForce is released.

Reminder M&B Warband Came to Console
Lmao

>And I really like how I can switch between KB+M Without having to go through menus its automatic like I go from shooting some fag with the keyboard to drivng and flying with controller like meme magic it's sweet

The wonders of Xinput. Based Microsoft.

I know man it only really is good for GTA V and all but it's still sweet

these console guys are really giving a great argument

>all shit games
>Killer Instinct as xbone exclusive
>he thinks quantity means quality
>Bloodborne, Nioh, Uncharted 4, Disgaea 5, Persona 5, King of Fighters 14, Last Guardian not on PS4
>Sm4sh, MH3U, Pokken, SMM not on Wii U

Don't know what to be angry about. Thanks for proving me right though. PC has absolutely nothing good on it.

>those irrelevant, uninteresting, boring shovelware

You do know this is backfiring on you right?

I am just laughing about it man not using it as an argument, I love M&B but why does it need to be on console lol
Pic related retard

Whatever you want in 4K

Everspace, in 4k it must look beautiful

So why are you ignoring the fact that every multiplat looks five times as good on PC?

star citizen

>Congratulations, you bought a $700 graphics card
>What can I play though

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet

I would rather have hundreds of indie games that are actually unique than be stuck with a dozen games made by restricted developers pumping out the same thing over and over again.
Also if you combine all the games released on XBox 360, PS3, XBone, and the PS4, there is a total of less than 5000.
Today Steam alone has more than 10000 games.

Let me guess, the PS4 Pro is going to fix everything, huh?

Just waiting a used hd5770 that I bought to hit home tomorrow. Just end me already

>he fell for the pc gaming meme
lmaoing so hard at you rn

It will take about 7 years before consoles can produce this resolution and quality. The gap between console and PC hardware was big before, but this is just ridiculous.

Secret Ponchos is on Steam. also, that list could be a lot better for all four sides.

Quality > Quantity

It's an old picture so it's missing a lot of games (that means even more on pc too lol)
>these games are bad because I said so and that makes your argument invalid
>but every game I like makes my argument more sound
sure showed me

Literally every game is better on PC, user.

I don't think you know what shovelware is, millennial.

Rest in Piss

>be stuck with a dozen games made by restricted developers pumping out the same thing over and over again
I agree.

incoming butthurt in 5, 4, 3...

good one

Buying it on console is like shooting yourself in the foot.

>dragon quest builders
>cybersleuth
>atelier sophie
>ace combat
>super robot wars
>wattom
>gravity daze/rush
>another dragon quest
I don't see what you're getting at, every platform has shit games.

>Someone starts a thread asking what games to utilize his new graphics card on vidya
>Console fanboys start shitting on PC out of the blue

God I hate this fucking board sometimes.

Don't forget other console games not on that list. Sm4sh (most popular current fighting game with the biggest playerbase both casually and competitively. Bayonetta 2, W101, MH4U and MHG (some of the best action games right now), Bravely Default games, X (some of the best jrpgs), Super Mario Maker (best platformer), in pretty much every genre that's relevant, consoles shit on PC.

youre so hilariously angry

who the hell wants to play any of that crap? sheesh

sooooooo glad I didn't get memed on with the le PC master race bullshit

Exactly why would you buy THAT game on a console when mods are it's lifeblood OR a console for that matter.
I mean it can run on my shitty integrated graphics 2gb ram 1.6ghz processor mini notebook @ 60fps on medium lol
It's an old picture autism

Jesus man you must be shaking

I know right? Lets play $1200 for a system whose exclusives are five nights at freddy's and starbound! Fuck Bloodborne and King of Fighters 14, let's play indie shit!

Agreed. If you spent a lot of money and time on builds and someone exposes you for not having any games to use it on, I'd be pissed too

I have a Wii U and all those games, except for the MH ones because I haven't used my 3DS in years. In fact, I think it's been more than a year since I turned on my Wii U. Biggest mistake ever buying that fucking thing. What a pathetic straw to grasp at.

You're right user. 2 whole exclusives, and a bunch of multiplats which run at a silky smooth 20 FPS and is 900p upscaled to 1080p! Don't forget having to spend $60 a year to use online! Don't forget to spend another $400 upgrade to a PS4 Proâ„¢ so all your games can run at 30 FPS instead!

Greatness Awaitsâ„¢

STOP

>smash bros
never been into it but yes it does have a very big scene, doesn't help that capcom basically commited suicide with the mess that is SF5
>wizard 101
you cannot be serious
>monster hunter
never played it but i've heard good things
>another monster hunter
ok
>bravely default, x
never heard of x, and i've heard good things about bravely default, but i own no nintendo other than my GC lol
>super mario maker is the best platformer
what are you even talking about its a game where you build your own levels 90% of them are just cocks and instant death
>every relevant genre
i'm not even suprised
what about mmos
what about fps
what about strategy games, both real time and turn based
what about non turn based rpgs
what about the nearly infinite stream of unique indie titles
you cannot just say one thing is simply better than the other because you feel that way

fucking destroyed

>wizard 101

Yeah! Five Nights At Freddy's and our indie games are way better than those games! Fuck gameplay! Graphics are what matters!

>all these shitposter replies
Pls
Here's just some of the cool shit I've been playing on my PC ever since I built it:
>Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Resident Evil 4
>Resident Evil Revelations
>Resident Evil Revelations 2
>Alien: Isolation
>Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye, Despair
>Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
>Disgaea PC
>Phantom Brave PC
>God Eater Resurrection
>God Eater 2: Rage Burst
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Undertale
>Freedom Planet
>I Am Setsuna
>htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary
>Killer Is Dead
>Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
>Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
>A Boy and His Blob
>Sonic Generations
>Lost Planet 2
>Deus Ex: Human Revolution
>AM2R
Not to mention disregarding stuff that's already out, there's a lot of cool stuff coming out soon on PC:
>Nier Automata
>Tales of Berseria
>Tokyo Xanadu
>999: Nine Doors, Nine Persons, Nine Hours (enhanced version with voice acting)
>Death's Gambit
>OneShot
>A Hat in Time
And yet I can play some Xbox One games (ex: Scalebound), some PS4 games(ex: Nier Automata), some Vita games (ex: Tokyo Xanadu), some 3DS gmes (ex: Code of Princess), and some Wii U games (ex: Sonic Lost World). Most of these games don't cross over to the other systems, and yet they're all available officially on PC. And it has backwards compatibility with older games so I don't need to switch systems just to play them. And it keeps getting ports of these older games (A Boy and His Blob and Little King's Story are both Wii games, for example)
>The only great games PC has are TF2 and Minecraft
LOL

Name one console game that actually runs at 60+ fps all the time.

Wrong, it has the same exact games but less

>never played, never heard

Opinion discarded then. Your buyer's remorse is hilarious. You paid for a machine that has nothing while people paid less and had more fun than you. Enjoy your fedora

You play modded games with a 1080

Or you play 1440p/4K with it

Or you get a Vive and set supersampling to 2.5

Haha I also love lying on the Internet
I love PC gaming!

that's what popped up when i typed w101 into google
it's not my fault they wanted to use unnecessary abbreviation

i've been on Cred Forums for a very long time but I never seen PC get fucked like this. Shit.

Emulating Super Mario Galaxy in 4k

PC has more games than all consoles combined, actually.

Yeah all PC has is indie games, I'm sure. I'll enjoy the multiplats and PC exclusives at a lower price, better framerate (which makes for better gameplay in a lot of genres), and without paying for using online. I also get to use whatever controller I want, and add anything I could possibly dream for with mods.

1st, you can build a p. awesome rig for just 700 bucks

2nd, I play games on PC because I can:
1. alt-tab from borderless and browse/play music/shitpost/fap to whatever I want at my leisure
2. keyboard + mouse
3. better graphics
4. mod games to my heart's content
5. pirate games without much hassle
6. easier system to cheat on (which mostly mens I can bypass stupid grinding mechanics in games)

Consoles aren't even a thing, honestly

At least the PC has overwatch? pc is just for mutiplats everyone knows that

i said i heard good things about them, why does my opinion on a game that i've never played before matter when we're discussing the differences between consoles and pcs, not the games themselves
have you ever had a real debate
>resorting to ad hominem

>Nier Automata

Awesome card. Still debating whether to go 1070 (bang for money) or 1080

>I-I have multiplats!

my sides

EVGA 1080 FTW is GOAT

>"Congratulations, you bought a $700 graphics card."
>What can I play though?
>"Um, you know the great games on PC like Minecraft, Terraria, Warcraft..."
>Snooooooore
>"There's also OVERWATCH! The most popular game right now!"
>Isn't that on consoles too and is inferior to that older free team based shooter?
>"There's Sims and Arma and Counter Strike!"
That's it?
>"THERE'S ALSO UNDERTALE AND GOAT SIMULATOR AND FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S THE PC HAS GAMES PLEASE BELIEVE ME! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!"

I built my PC to play DOTA. No one cares about exclusives

For $400 it's a better value and VR ready

yup, you called it

1080 is overkill unless you're going for something ridiculous such as 60fps at 4K.

go for the 1070.

and the best part is you can play dota on a pc that costs like 200 dollars

Several of those are also on Vita and PS3. One of them is even already on PC and another is on 3DS/NX.

I don't get the point of these images. They're outright intentionally ignoring data. Besides all of what I just referred to, a good many of those probably won't even be on those systems for a while. I fully expect to see
>Dissidia Final Fantasy
>Dragon Quest Builders
>Final Fantasy XV
>World of Final Fantasy
>Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
>Exist Archive
>Steins;Gate 0
To all wind up on PC. Possibly Nioh and Ace Combat 7 as well. If you actually looked strictly as PS4 exclusives, your image is already much smaller, but then if you factor what I just said in as well, its fucking puny.
I don't know why you're trying so hard to market for Sony. Just fucking play on whatever the hell you want.

>GPU from 2011
>better value

>Just got a GTX 1080

Great...now you can play..same shit everyone else is playing except the exclusives and you spent way more. Congrats?

Rekt. The only reason to get a PC is if you're going to pirate all the games (run them 1080p ultra) minus the odd multiplayer games CSGO Battlefield 1.

/thread

>Several of those are also on Vita and PS3!!!!!!!
>he will then proceed to talk about how multiplats are better on pc because the pc can handle them better, not understanding his hypocrisy

>m-muh grafix
You are the cancer killing vidya. Developers would rather focus on graphics than gameplay because that's all faggots like you care about. You even brought that mindset to the dudebros and casuals on the console side. That's the first thing they talk about when a new game comes out.

You get to play games from every platform that don't necessarily cross into each other's libraries all on one system, get backwards compatibility for older titles without having to switch systems to play them, get higher quality versions of most of these games, and also get your own exclusives. (not that people should brag about exclusives; exclusives are bad for everyone. I hope all PC exclusives wind up on consoles and the opposite also happens).

i think the console kids actually believe they're getting top of the line hardware when the commercial says they are

the pcfags got brainwashed by shills.

This just proves if you're an "enthusiast" you cucked yourself

no, that's not console people or pc people
that's just plain idiots
but YOU are the being the problem by perpetuating the stereotype that someone has a set of ideals because if what they play on
this is almost as stupid as racism
stop being stupid please

>144fps

Hi TB! How is your cancer doing?

If someone cares about graphics and framerate I'd argue they should be playing on PC to begin with. I don't see the point in looking at those games as PS4 games. Especially if you take cost/value into account; you can have access to the Vita library for as little as $20. A PSTV is so incredibly cheap that the idea of getting a PS4 to play those same games doesn't seem worth it.

You're also ignoring Dragon Quest XI, which is on 3DS/NX, and Nier Automata, which is on PC.

Not that you don't have some level of a point; if someone wants the highest quality versions of these games, and they're playing on console for some reason, then the PS4 version would probably be the way to go.

>he's posting on his phone.
What's it like to not have money?

TF2 aaaaaaand multplats. Not a lot of fun games on PC unfortunately. At least you can emulate

>have 4K monitor 144hz monitor
>have high res graphics mods installed
>looks amazing
>"BUT YOU COULD PLAY THAT GAME WITH ANY GRAPHICS CARD!"

>when you have a 1080 you can play the same games console players play except in 4k ultra settings

t. a child that doesn't understand even the 1080 can't handle 4k ultra at 60 fps

user i'm dyin right now. This is hilarious

>4k
>144hz
pick one, there haven't even been cables invented to handle this bitrate

Today was a good day. Thanks Cred Forums

You don't need a 1080 for it at all, not by a long shot. Sut playing games at 144Hz is beautiful, it's so smooth.
That being said I hate it when people claim you can only see 90 frames per second.
>Studies have shown that perceptive adults can see differences in frame rates at 10 fps intervals, all the way up to 150!

PCucks BTFO once again

>He posts the entire roster of PS4.
>I've never even heard of these games before besides Ace Fighter
You'll have to do better then that.

>muhlteeplahts
try giving an actual argument pls

Have you even played K.I.?

>Not having PC and PS4
Poorfags, poorfags everywhere

Stay jelly, low-res ghetto nigger.

>Here's a list of multiplats I've been playing on my over priced hardware!

You literally can't make this up. PC Master Race is so cucked.

You are the hero that Cred Forums needed.

I love my PC!

What is a high speed camera then? They can record at 1080 at thousands of frames per second.

>overpriced

You get what you pay for, kiddo

No one on the console side cared nearly as much about graphics before 7th gen. No, not all pc gamers caused this change in their mindset. But where in my post did I say that all pc gamers are to blame?

Downsample TW3 from 4k. The game looks amazing with all the extra detail.

Hi TB! How is your cancer doing? When are you going to move your goalpost again?

Savage

uhh buddy steam machines failed

PC gaming is so much fun!

If graphics don't matter, why do you have a PS4 and a flatscreen TV? Why aren't you still playing PS2 on a tube TV?

>He literally paid over $1k to play GTA V

Battlefield 1 and Crisys 3

Maybe we kill all the weebs

>im-fucking-plying
Not the best of the best, but I care about fps more than graphix, which is WAY more important

>let me use GTA 5, the ugliest game ever, to show off my hardware
oh well

>implying people pay money for just one game
It'll be nice not having to pay for a whole new system once PS5 games come out

I love kicking the "master race" in the cunt every now and then.

i wasn't talking about steam machines
are you that desperate?

PC gaming is just great!

You say that like $1k is much. My 4k monitor alone was 600 bucks.

PC gaming isn't cheap, but is it better? Of course. Now and always. By the time consoles can do true 4k, we'll be transitioning to 8k. Our screenshots will exceed Cred Forums's 6mb limit.

You were when you brought up your horseshit

>32 gigs of ram and 4 gigs of vram
what the fuck are you playing?
are you rendering HD 3D full length feature films?
or just arma 3 on max settings

PC gaming is the best!

Good that means you won't be shit posting as often

Because I played all the worthwhile games on it already? I want, you know, new gameplay. I don't want to go around a game just to take a screenshot and shitpost on Cred Forums about my superior graphics.

>name calling like a child
you're so funny

i just got a 1070 and the paris level runs like shit for me when im outdoors

i think hitman is massively cpu bound as i only have an i5 4460

>he's paying over $1k to play games other people are only paying around $400 to play

>I want, you know, new gameplay.

Won't get that with hardware as obsolete as PS4's. Ask any developer, the pathetic processing power of 8th gen consoles is an innovation bottleneck. If they were one quarter as powerful as the average gaming PC, we might see some fresh gameplay that hasn't been done to death.

>new gameplay
>consoles
Tell me a console game that truly innovated in the past few years.

Why is Ellen Degeneres on your screen?

>PC gaming isn't cheap
It is though, building the equivalent of a PS4 with second-hand parts is just as cheap if not cheaper depending on what you find, plus it's completely modular and customisable.

>implying you need to spend more than $500 to get a PC that outperforms PS4

>being poor

Please, TVs cost money, too. Console fags are just butthurt they wasted so much money on a machine that can't even play games or have any games at all.

amazon.com/PG27AQ-3840x2160-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01AWGY9MG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474833293&sr=8-2&keywords=ASUS 4k 144hz

Maybe 6 months ago, but 4K 144hz is a thing now

Bought a 1080 a few days ago and it's in the mail. Can't wait.

>the console fags aren't the op trying to stroke their own dicks.
It's so obvious

>paying $400 for a shitstation 4

Holy fuck. Have you checked the prices on Newegg or Amazon recently? That hardware is NOT worth $400. Never was.

everygame besides weeb shit

>I'm going to pretend we weren't talking about a retard that bought a 1080 and has other "top end" cuck parts for his pc so I don't look like that much of a cuck

>paying 60 dollars a year for internet ontop of ISP prices
>paying an arm and a leg for insane console game prices
and now you guys can't even pull the "you guys totally have to upgrade your computer every year" crap because you're gonna have to buy the new special console or be left in the dust by the developers
just dandy

My PC is awesome!
That's Tidus silly. He has daddy issues.

>I just spent hundreds of dollars on something with no clue on what to use it on

Nah I don't think they'll have to worry about that. The PS4 Pro will be a massive sales failure judging from normie opinions.

>tvs cost money!

So do monitors, keyboards, and mice. Two can play your faggy "let's change the topic!" game.

>Cardboard box the system
Good luck selling that to consumers

>ITT: Poor people
My paychecks after taxes are 3K biweekly
Even with a mortgage and everything, I can pick up whatever the fuck I want when I want

Stay jelly lower-caste

They could get by if they lowered the texture quality. But they can't because the dudebros and casuals care about that now.
Name 1 (ONE) PC game that has truly innovated in the past few years. None because they're too busy with pleasing the mustard race with pretty pictures.

You are the best person in this thread, thank you and good night.

But the PC has weeb games too, and some of them are fun!

>The Last Guardian

0/10 weaksauce bait

This is honestly one of the best posts I've seen on Cred Forums in a while. I have both PC and console, but this really shows that PC is not for everyone.

>pretending to have money while browsing Cred Forums

Sure.

Monitors, keyboards and mice have more applications than video games, though. Some of us go to college or have jobs (that are a bit more complex than the average console owner's burger flipping). That argument doesn't really count.

^
This

the high price of cash

It's a glitch in speccy. I only have 16gb. I would get a better gpu before 32gb of ram desu.

>he isn't playing one of the best looking games ever released

No it doesn't. Its someone literally pretending to not know anything about game libraries, which, if anything, makes one wonder why they're on Cred Forums, because they clearly don't have a passion for gaming

I agree. I'll most likely get a 1070FTW next year or Black Friday if it's cheap.

It's not graphics that ruin games user.

It's SJW's and politics.

>he can even tell from those pictures since he uses a fucking craptop to shitpost

I FUCKING HATE YOU TARO

Just imagine - the launch version looked even better.

The shit I've been playing at 90/120FPS 1080P this week:
Any Vive game at 2x supersampling
Any game at 2x supersampling, really
DOOM
Cities: Skylines
Total War: Warhammer and Atilla with ultra unit sizes (CPU intensive!)
Overwatch (CPU intensive!)
STALKER games
Exanima
Fallout 4 and Skyrim (warning: pretty but shit games)
GTA IV/V
Any Wii or PS2 game at 6x/8x native resolution
FFXIV
All the historical combat MMOs (World of Tanks, Warships, War Thunder, etc)
EVERSPACE

>best looking game ever released
his foot is floating

Too bad it's shit.

>hating the best game developer on the planet because he's making a game available to more people
You have problems

Too bad you needed a super computer in 2014. I still can't run it at 60 fps constantly. Most of the time in crowds I'm at ~50.
Gsync keeps it from looking choppy though

It's not as good as some of the other AC games but I'm a sucker for French history

You know that you can play PC games at 1440p/144fps, right? That takes way more power than 1080p/30fps.

TFW when worked my way out of poverty and now have PS4, Xbox One S, and picking out parts for my first PC build. USA USA

>supporting lower quality locked-down platforms that is functionally no different than the Xbox One and PC
That sounds kinda shitty tbqh
At least buy a Wii U or a Vita or a 3DS. You know, things that have functionality that can't be replicated on a PC or Xbox One or PS4.

>You have problems
>making a niche game to be more available to the normies.

Fuck man

>making a niche game easier to access and purchase and increase in popularity
Sounds like a win/win senpai. After Cavia went bankrupt its nice to know that Taro may actually be able to make money on this one. I don't see him as one of those types that'd dumb down his works for general audiences

I seriously hope you didn't get the reference card.

Rek'd. There are NO exclusives for PC even close to Persona 5, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn and Gravity Rush 2. All that money and it means nothing because the games are SHEEEEEEEIT.

pcpartpicker.com/list/spMTM8
This will outperform the PS4 and includes mouse/keyboard for less than $350.

>STALKER Call of Pripyat.
> put it through its paces
I can play CoP maxed on a 7870 you shit.

400 + 60 every year for 7 years and you can't live in the modern world without come kind of computer, so let's add on 200 more.
We have $1020 every 7 years for console gaming without counting the games.

-800 to 1000 startup for the PC with no extra costs.
-Most sane people only do a GPU upgrade every 2 console cycles for 400.
-PC gaming is 1400 in the first 14 years if you aren't buying each new thing and 200-400 every seven years after that.
-I can use my PC for shit like internet browsing, discord, skype, SFM and blender.

Are you blind?
That monitor is just 4K. It's not 144Hz.

>buying handhelds when you can just play your PC remotely on a shitty netbook or phone

This is the concept the Nintendo NX is going to try and steal, btw. Screencap this.

You can't play on a netbook and move around at the same time.
>playing anything on a phone
ew

>You can't play on a netbook and move around at the same time.
Are you telling me you walk around playing gaymes

Should I buy a 1080 now or wait for the 1080ti?

I heard the 1080ti is slower than the 1080 but has more VRAM and Meme cores

this.
You're fucking retarded if you think CoP needs a 1080, EVEN fully modded

Wait
It'll be out in Jan probably

Also do you really think the 1080ti will perform worse than the 1080?
Really?

What about PS4 Pro?

>Are you telling me you walk around playing gaymes
Yes
What else am I supposed to do while walking between locations?

>Get a 1070
>Reviewers keep saying it's great for 1440p
>Spend another $500 on a 1440p monitor
>It can only run a a few games that came out in the past 2 years at 60 fps
>Things like Hitman, Dues Ex, and Witcher 3 struggle to hold 60 fps at high settings.
Well that's almost a $1000 for fucking nothing.

Wtf I hate PC now

>what about mmos
>what about strategy games, both real time and turn based
>what about non turn based rpgs
>what about the nearly infinite stream of unique indie titles
All numale games. I mean, strat games? Dork alert.

My 970 can run most games at max settings at 1080p. I have no idea how you're not able to do that at 1440p. What's your processor and RAM look like?
For the record, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's AA settings are insanely taxing

>this much samefagging
It's so obvious it isn't even funny.

What are you using to post this on Cred Forums, then?
Yeah, that's what I thought.

When review sites say "X is great for X!" They mean something like High settings with corners cut on AA and shit.
When in doubt, buy the better GPU

Could be a CPU bottleneck.
Witcher 3 will chug down to 45fps~ no matter your GPU in certain areas if your CPU isn't good enough.
And the idea is that on 1440p you don't need crazy stuff like 4x-8x MSAA.
You can usually get away with no AA at that res usually.
All you really need nowadays is decent FXAA (The kind that's implemented well and doesn't blur everything to the max), or SMAA.

1070 should be able to handle most games at 60fps easy as long as you don't go retarded with settings that have barely any visual impact.

>Also do you really think the 1080ti will perform worse than the 1080?

It uses Maxwell technology instead of Pascal and it seems that Nvidia gimped some of its specs in order to sell more 1080s and 1070s

This wasn't the case with the 780/780ti and the 980/980ti where the ti version just made the previous card obsolete

>He fell for the "It's overpowered for 1080p!" meme

Don't listen to these idiots, they have no idea what they're talking about. There has never been a card too op for 1080p, even the GTX 1080 is just fine, and will surely struggle in the next two years to keep max settings at 60fps.

Though both the GTX 1070 and 1080 are fine for 1440p if you're ready to drop some settings, especially in the future.

You should especially not trust anyone that says that a card will be good for at least 6 years. There has never been a case where that was true. Unless low to mid settings is what they call good.

This, if anything the stronger cards would make devs even lazier optimizing their games.

My 970 can play almost every game at max settings 60fps 1080p.
>B-but what about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Rise of the Tomb Raider
Outliers. They shouldn't be considered. Just lower the settings. The 1080 is overpowered for 1080p gaming.

>IT CAN MAX OUT ALMOST EVERY GAME
>BUT NOT ANYTHING GOOD FROM LAST YEAR OR IN THE FUTURE

No one cares about you and your shitty opinion.

Minecraft

will pc players ever recover?

I've been able to play plenty of good games from the last year on my 970. (and even some shit games).
For example, the 970 can run DOOM and Star Wars: Battlefront at 1080p 60FPS max settings.
The 1080 is overpowered for 1080p gaming

>>yfw you realize graphics don't mean shit because PC games are UNOPTIMIZED CONSOLE PORTS!!!

Even the PS4 is playing those games at 60fps, that's not something to brag about.

>144 fps
>1440p
>as opposed to 900p 30fps
I think we'll manage

not true. you just need to have the right card.
I still get some good use out of a GTX 580 xt

still looks better than consoles and can max out games (though not at 60fps and supersampling is out of the question most times)
thas been about 6 years and has served me well.

Upgraded to a 980 ti for my other computer and I'm sure that will last me another 6 or more.

Running a i5-3750k at 4 Ghz with 16 GB of RAM. I can't imagine my CPU is to blame.

drivers up to date?

lol IDK.

Why is this post getting so many replies?

>A machine which requires you to pay a yearly / monthly subscription to play online
>A machine that requires you to hack and risk bricking your machine to modify games, the "mods" usually being superficial or pointless
>A machine which CAN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAMES OF ITS PREDECESSORS, which are instead re-sold digitally so you have to buy the same game again
>A machine which you can't customise or personalise to your own liking and preference
>A machine which doesn't allow you to maximise the graphics of games

vs

>A machine which YOU built (or can customise and upgrade yourself later if you bought one pre-built) and can customise however YOU want, including the operating system
>A machine which only requires you to register a FREE account with a FREE email address to the biggest and best digital distribution platform to play the newest games + tons of older games, you buy what you want
>A machine which will play almost any PC game from any time period, from the days of DOS to the present (while being able to pirate games from the past decade flawlessly)
>A machine where you can type words and bind many different actions and combinations to 100+ keys
>A machine which can even emulate old consoles from arcade machines to the Nintendo Wii
>A machine which allows you to do many different things unrelated to gaming, like browsing, drawing, composing and working when it suits you
>A machine that allows you to mod a huge majority of games, with some PC game developers even SUPPORTING mods and their developers
>A machine that will most likely outperform most consoles with better graphical capabilities and higher framerates
>too many selling points to count

I still don't get how unironic consolefags can even remotely exist on this board at all.

Yea doesn't sound like it.
I'd probably just turn off or turn down the Hairworks settings if I was in your shoes.
That stuff just wastes way too much GPU runtime for the visuals it outputs honestly.
There's even a mod that just keeps it on for creatures only and not Geralt, since the non-hairworks Geralt hair actually looks better.

Hahaha user that was
>3000 hours and I bought two R9 390s for nothing
Ah fuck.

>got a 1070 as gift
>came here for pc game ideas
>console fags acting superior

Holy shit, just give me some real games besides doom 2016

Consoles get better singleplayer games, PC gets better multiplayer games.

Anyone playing multiplayer on console is retarded, and anyone expecting good singpleplayer games on PC until 10 years have passed since their release is also retarded.

there are no real games.

the only thing the 1070 is good for is playing old games at 4k resolution.

3DMark

>pc game ideas
why do people make threads like this?

go look through steam or gog. any new card could run any game.

VR games ;)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is worth a playthrough. If you can get it cheap.

Seriously? Nothing? And I dont mean those shitty EA steam games, nothing?

>PC gets better multiplayer games
True, but they sell much lower than if say, it was released on consoles.

Consoles fund this industry sadly, and even with PC ports, the sales are like icing on a cake. For example, , let's use a very normalfag-friendly game like COD. COD gets millions of sales on a single console platform alone, compared to PC.

>on Origin
Ew.

>R9 290 is starting to not cut it anymore
>tfw itch for new card
>1070 is $700
>RX 480 is $400 and barely better

Where the fuck do you live? Leaf? Spider?

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
GTA 5
Witcher 3
Fallout 4 modded
XCOM 2
Far Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 5
Shadow of Mordor
The Evil Within
Bioshock Infinite for the artstyle

leaf

Honestly it seems the technology has got too far ahead and the developers these days are just fucking garbage. I actually wanted to give you recommendations but...eh. It's an indie driven scene now and those don't demand much.

no.
so just download a benchmark program, post the results somewhere and then brag at how much your PC is much more powerful than a console.

good job. you have joined the PC master race. where graphics means everything and the games dont matter.

>buy $600 card
>buy $800 vr set
>look forward to EA vr steam games
>look forward to $800 paper weight because of poor sales

Master race indeed

>$400 for monitor

oh shit i might as well kill myself now

> you dont have to buy the tvs you play consoles on

Everyone has a TV.

Dumbfuck

This thread really depressed me, luke holy shit, nothing to look forward to. Maybe battlefield 1 but $50 for maps? Hell no. Watchdogs 2 is going to be trash, titanfall 2 will be dead in a week, etc.

Everyone has a computer and monitor or is 10 year olds

Man, I didn't. There's nothing on TV and computers can play DVDs anyway. Bought a TV when I got a console. Now both are Netflix boxes.

But that's wrong, a lot of people nowadays only buy laptops. The only families still using desktops are either using macs or stuff from 10 years ago. If you want to play these new games with your 600$ card on a crt or 720p monitor that's fine I guess.

If you just moved from your paren'ts house then yes you've got this choice. But if you're still in your family or live with your girlfriend, there's zero chance you don't have a tv.

A TV is a basic piece of furniture you buy in ever house. After that you can think about video games, and if you want to play with a monitor or not. That's added cost.