I'm gonna slog through this disappointment-fest again so I can try the DLCs

I'm gonna slog through this disappointment-fest again so I can try the DLCs.

What are some interesting "builds" or at least play styles to make this fun? I've only done a standard guns character. I assume unarmed is shit.

Fallout 4 thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45739/?
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't waste your time. I'm sure you got better games in your backlog.

Lighting your pubes on fire is more fun than Fallout 4.

Just forget it exists.

Avoid melee and stealth.

Play with rifles use science, and strength.

Why? So you can customize weapons and armor and build more shit.

Also depeneding on what you prefer The Brotherhood of Steel is the most fun faction to play but The Institute is the best and has the most comfy base with great music.

Also items.

BOS gets you a grenade to call a vertibird it's fun but only on hardcore

Institute has a grenade that summons robots

If you really want to stick with fallout 4, do a melee build then? I did one and it's OP (see blitz perk).

Don't listen to them... unarmed isn't as good as melee, but you can get the powerfist and brass knuckles as a buff and there's a mod for the unarmed perk on the nexus.

Why do you want to play a game that disappoints you?

Is there a mod that fixes the story, removes forced family drama and adds various role-play opportunities?

>don't like game
>i'm going to go through the game again to play more of it
???
anyways, 1=2>4>>>>>>=NV

Get perk that makes single fire weapons do more damage
Get into power armor

Mod it and get more cooking recupes
Don't use stimpacks, radaway, drugs, food only.
Don't use power armor [Do collect them and leave them at a base though]
get easy lockpick and easy hacking mod cause these minigames went to shit.

Interesting.

Make a mad scientist character with high intelligence. Hack turrets and Protectrons to fight enemies. Use laser and plasma guns. Wear lab coats and eyeglasses. Do Automatron early and build yourself a sick robot bodyguard.

Goddamn the DLC for this game is expensive.

Melee and focus on drugs. One shotting enemies in power armor with a wrench and clearing entire zones in slow mo is fun.

Other than that, automatics and explosives are better than single shot weapons at higher levels.

Being in Britland, where Tea addicts rival cocaine addicts, its sad to note that all DLC costs £55, whereas the game itself is still literally fucking £40. £95 pound for a failiure of a game, with all its DLC.

I actually want to buy F4, but good fucking luck if you think I'm paying £95 pound for something that's constantly regarded as a disappointment.

GOTY edition when?

This, on a side note:

Is there a mod in New Vegas that removes the entire Couriers backstory and allow me to actually roleplay?

spec into explosives, use the missile launcher and get some good mods

also robots

Yes. Another Life.

Don't fucking waste your time bud. Read a book. Jack off. Watch fucking paint dry. You'll have a better time playing this """""RPG""""'"

>4 better than NV
Just fucking end it all faggot

This for aome reason made me hate the game more.
>lel automatic upgrade makes the gun fire faster but do less damage and accuracy
>semi auto lets you do more damage at a slower rate
Its like why put automatic in ts own seperate thing.you waste ammo faster and do less damage if you were to just use the semi auto.

>even pretending that NV is good
People who say 3 is bad and NV is good are the biggest fucking hypocrites. They're literally the same game, but NV has more content. 4 at least has some fucking decent shooting mechanics, making it an alright open world shooter. NV and 3 meanwhile are shit RPGs and shit FPS so whats the point?

Do a pacifist run. L-o-L

>Guys I need build Ideas to play F4 again b-b-but I totally hate it okay!?
>D-do I fit in yet?

>Locations
>Vast majority are quest related or affect the game

Horse fucking shit. Obsidian just put markers everywhere so they could say they had more locations than F3. F3 has a shitton of great unmarked locations to find.

buy it on thepiratebay, it's on sale for $0

I don't know why this game gets so much hate. It's still a fun open world shooter with a ton of locations and content.

Too bad...
>the actual gameplay is still shit
>the writing is nowhere near as good as Cred Forums likes to pretend that it is
>obsidian have made fewer good games than bethesda, and obsidian's one actually good game was based off KOTOR 1, similar to how bethesda piggybacked off the success of FO1 and 2
>the game still always ends with a battle at hoover dam, the only difference being which side you're fighting for
>not that anyone would want to go through the trash gameplay for another run through anyways
>all 15 factions are boring and underdeveloped, and have almost no presence outside of their central hub (besides NCR/Legion)
>no moral or philisophical conflict whatsoever on what faction to join, two of the factions are "fuck everything", one is for nazi-sympathizers, and the other is just fucking bland "good guys who're overextended"
>can literally convince the military leader of legion to give up by saying "well it might be hard to hold all that land :P"
>companions are all boring and uninteresting with hardly any character development outside their initial quest
>speaking of quests, they're all boring
>the wildly inconsistent tone of the game
>hardcore mode is basically just micromanagement no fun mode
>entire game is a fucking desert, at least the capital wasteland had some variety
NV is literally just as bad, if not worse, than 3.

>They're literally the same game

>i have no fucking clue what i'm talking about, please rape my face

I downloaded this game last night in it's entirety. Took about 30-40 minutes. I loaded it up, jumped on my level 35 character, walked around some city area killing fucking mosquitos and flies, realized this game is still awful and uninstalled. It's terrible, and any time spent "playing" it is truly the worst use of your time imaginable. If you're going to waste time playing video games, there are so many better ones you could spend your time playing instead of this pile of garbage.

Most mechanics were flat out stolen from Fallout 3 mods. Faction armor only leads to bullshit like people already knowing you ignoring your reputation. Most quests have branches but in the end get railroaded into 1 or 2 outcomes (supporting the goodies or the baddies) there is nothing to explore besides landmarks and most of them are plain empty
Threshold armor is a good idea but narrows your weapon choice down to using the weapon with the highest number
Legion and NCR are both unfinished as fuck with no real reason to join either. You can finish the main game in 10 hours if you want.

Either a really poorly written bait or you're just 16

Why do this to yourself?

How is it not the same game. It has the same shit gunplay, the same shit perks, the same shit stat system, the same shit dialog system, the same shit visuals and aesthetic, a new shit filter to make the graphics even uglier, the same shit weapon repair system, the same shit quest markers, the same shit movement system, it's trash.
Let me name all of the features NV adds in right now.
>iron sights
This is a step in the right direction for making the gunplay better, but it still feels awful (and you could mod this into FO3 anyways)
>faction rep
Doesn't change the game all that much, since as previously stated factions don't really extend outside their main territory, besides NCR/Legion.
>traits
This is so minor of a feature it barely warrants mentioning. Stats matter so little in FO3/NV/4 that I don't even get why they bothered including them. Wacky Wasteland or whatever it was called was fun though.
>companion commands
So shit and broken they're actually probably a negative.
>its le underaged argument
Played 3 and NV in high school when they came out, they were both shit. I played both of them again fairly recently too, with mods, and I dropped 3 after 2 hours and NV even quicker. They're basically the same game, except there's more of NV, and more of the FO3 style of gameplay is an awful thing.

Not the same user but the fucking endings.
You go NCR, fight Lanius
You go Legion, fight NCR
You go House, fight Lanius and NCR
You go Indie, same as House
Then the game ends. That's fucking worse than the ending of 3. In 3 you at least expected a low-brow ending and story.

It wins by actually being playable and not crashing every 3 minutes

Fallout New Vegas: A culmination of all the choices you made in the story, with companions, side quests, faction standings, and dlc taken into account
F3: HURR DURR DONT KNOW IF I SHUD ACTIVATE THE WATER PURIFIER OR PUT FEV IN THE WATER FOR SOME NONSENSICAL REASON

>every location affects the story

Wow, Peter Molenuuu made New Vegas?

I can play new vegas for hours on end without crashing on windows 10. Meanwhile f4 runs like shit and crashes am the time.

>Fallout 4
>Builds
>Playstyles
Nothing fucking matters user. Skills don't matter, perks don't matter, SPECIAL doesn't matter, and you can't even fucking pretend to RP because you have to find muh son and you're constantly reminded of that every 5 seconds, along with being a goody two shoes who has to make settlements and be the leader of the Minutemen. This game is total fucking dogshit, the one and only improvement in Fallout 4 from the other games is the combat isn't atrocious - Now it's just below average.

>Fallout New Vegas: A culmination of all the choices you made in the story, with companions, side quests, faction standings, and dlc taken into account

Where? Every time you're on that dam fighting the same people. Did I miss something when I played? The only difference is if you go legion you fight on the other side of the dam

At least in 4 if you side with, say, the Institute synths are walking around Diamond City and you kill the BOS differently than the Minutemen and Railroad do

>Nothing fucking matters user. Skills don't matter, perks don't matter, SPECIAL doesn't matter
that's not true

>the entire Couriers backstory
Besides getting shot in the head, the Courier has 0 backstory you cuck.

Oh please you retard I have 200 hours clocked on Fallout 4 and it crashed once. Meanwhile NV STILL has random crashes vanilla without the community patch

WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS

Confirmed for never having played Lonesome Road

You know you can turn down being the minuteman general, or even skip rescuing Preston entirely, right?

4 has more builds than 3 or NV by virtue of you can max out everything in those games easily with 100 in every skill. You can max out 4, sure, but level 255 is impossible to reach realisticallywithout console commands

I fucking lied - There's no such thing as SPECIAL or skills in Fallout 4. There's only perks. You can get your "SPECIAL" perks up to 10, and you can eventually unlock every single perk in the game. You're a jack of everything. It just varies from player to player what order you get perks in - Eventually everyone gets all of the perks and becomes the exact same character. Same with Skyrim. It's not a fucking RPG, it's an FPS with grind to get all the perks.

>not joining up with the raiders in nuka world and setting the commonwealth ablaze

You brought this shit on yourself preston

>You're a jack of everything. It just varies from player to player what order you get perks in - Eventually everyone gets all of the perks and becomes the exact same character. Same with Skyrim. It's not a fucking RPG, it's an FPS with grind to get all the perks.

Hmmm

Well I guess we just have different experiences. At any rate, have fun with those massive frame drops in the city.

4 has less options because most options are so sub optimal there is no reason to ever pick them over the same few perks every time, with very slight variance depending on whether you're melee or or using guns.

Skills aren't the whole picture though, perks in 3 and New Vegas influence your character like crazy, and you can't grab every useful perk in the game.

Dude hitting anything past 80 or 90 is pretty unrealistic and you have your build by the time you reach level 47 because that's where the highest level reqs are. Yeah it's bareboned but it's also retarded like in 3 or NV where you could max combat skills as soon as you're level 8 making prime damage or using two level ups to carry your Speech to 80 to pass all checks with a skill magazine and mentats.

The game's piss easy anyway and trait/skill checks usually save you a speech check, a 3 minute fetchquest or killing some enemies.
I mean implementing that into the Fallout 4 system would've been easy enough but Bethesda apparently was against it.

The DLCs are dog shit as well though

>You can get your "SPECIAL" perks up to 10, and you can eventually unlock every single perk in the game.
You'll need a lot of time for this
>F4 has no skills
that's not true

Huh? When would you ever have to make that choice?

You can have 100 unarmed but you'll do shit damage and won't have any fun, even if you can tank the damage, because there's like 5 or 6 perks influencing melee damage. But if you focused on melee damage above all else by the time you were anywhere close to 40 you'd be smashing through everything. Which is enough to make it a legitimate "build". Just because you can beat the game with an inefficient as fuck character that's built around accumulating skill points doesn't mean there is no variety in how different characters play.

Sounds like you're a failure if that is too much money for you

Boosting shit to 100 is pretty useless because
>there are nearly no Very Hard locks
>there are nearly no Very Hard terminals
>there are nearly no Speech checks above 85
>there are no recipes for 100 survival
>normally you would only level one or at max two combat skills
>chems and skill magazines are cheap and available and carrying two with you at all times is not hindering you

Dude Unarmed with unique weapons are OP in NV. I haven't really tried in 4 but I think they don't scale very well but guess what's carrying my melee playthrough? Rooted for max damage while standing still, max points in combat skill, sneak crit multipliers, armor mods that let meele/unarmed ignore some of the target's armor, mods that increase weapom damage, effects like staggering or bleeding, a luck build is also very good for unarmed players
There are many ways to improve your damage.

You mean that entire thing where you can tell MrBullandBears that he's fucking crazy and you have no idea what he's talking about?

>you can't grab every useful perk in the game.

Yes you can. Most perks are worthless. Every run through I grab the same perks because most are garbage like Swift Learner, Retention, Cannible, or Here and Now. Most perks just add damage % just like 4. Gdab stuff like Commando and Piercing Strike, and youre golden

Unarmed and melee are OP as fuck in 4, but more fun to play than in NV IMO because of Blitz, which lets you use VATS rather than having to run up whilemgetting shot

Play on survival mode with this nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/? to change the save option.

The game actually becomes more exciting to play

hah go mele pain train . you will love.
so you need to get the nuka ex pack is a must for you , you will love it.
make a new toon , run strait to nuka entrance , its strait down the map on the left , big over pass going off the side of the map you cant miss it , I got in at lvl 8 . you might need to gear up a bit . pro tip go raiders go/

i spent 30 hours on the game andi have beaten the mainquestline and im still not even close to halfway to getting 100% of the perks or getting my specials up to 10.

If you are one of those faggots that want to play a single character for 200 hours then you could theoretically get 100% of all the perks/special. otherwise that is literally not an argument.

Who spends over 100 hours on a single character anyways?

wut? How the fuck do you beat a deathclaw with melee? Late game? Sure, but anything before is just suicide

I really like Fo4 as a thought experiment. Despite being a shit game, the fact that it does everything badly inspires one to imagine if any one thing was fleshed out well. For example:

1. Expanded settlement building would let you plop down entire factories, roads, trains etc and engage in RTS style gameplay against mutants, raiders and gunners. Like Cesear 3.
2. A companion focused main quest could have had the Protag spend the first half of the game coming to understanding the world (perhaps using a companion to justify his monologue) to better flesh out his character and the world itself. Companions would be much more important to the story and all quests. Like in Mass Effect.
3. Even better, a MQ where you just start in front of Vault 111 with no backstory. A straight RPG, with one goal: kill (or gain control over) the Institute. Like in Fallout 1.
4. As a shooter, better level design and more varied enemies to point and click guns at. Why not a final battle on the Prydwn, rather than on the ground at Boston Airport? Like in Bioshock Infinite.
5. As a survival exploration game, a much larger map and more detailed prewar story as well as a means to get into the Institute without any help (like finding the MIRV bunker in Fallout 3). Bigger map, more detailed notes, more interactive environments, stronger enemies etc. Like DayZ.

What's the motivation for the Courier to even stay one more minute in the Mojave?
>"Oh man I lost my memory, there's not a single thing in my life I can remember. Do I have a family? Where do I come from? Maybe if I stay in this god forsaken mix of nuclear wasteland and dessert and help the local powers I can regain my memories. Well nobody in this area knows who I am. I have no further motivation to pursue my older life
Seriously why is nobody talking about how amnesia is one of the most retarded tropes in video games, especially for role playing games
The person having amnesia cannot rely on experiences made before the amnesia to behave in character. Take Goodsprings for example. What is telling an "evil" courier to kill the citizens of Goodsprings which meant no harm to him. Was he born being evil? How is he disregarding basic human norms?

>roleplaying

Is there a more overused buzzword? You can't roleplay anything other than what the game lets you. In New Vegas that means NCR soldier, Legion soldier, or Mr House's sidekick. In 4 its Minuteman general, BOS soldier, Railroad agent, or Institute agent. Anything else is headcanon.

You say you're an ex Enclave soldier in New Vegas? Where? Where is the option to tell everyone you meet you were ex Enclave? There isn't, its all in your head. At best you are an ex Enclave who now works for Mr House but you never bring up your Enclave history, not even with Arcade. Any complaints about roleplay are stupid. You could never roleplay 'anything you want'. You are always limited by the paths in games

You can beat them with sneak crits and the ripper or stealth combat knife. Or take a sledgehammer and power armor.

this
literally read my mind

>there are nearly no Very Hard locks
>there are nearly no Very Hard terminals
So you didn't get the pimped out ED-E? Such a shame.

You only run into Deathclaws late game usually, unless you beeline through the MS and go to the Glowing Sea at level 7. Rooted, Big Leagues, and Blitz are great, Once you get Rank 2 of Blitz the game gets easy

Use medium or slow weapons, fast melee are for stealth build and cant block for shit. Block Deathclaw swipes with a sledgehammer then power attack when they recoil

lol

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45739/?

Although I feel that the Courier is already pretty vague in terms of backstory.

>You can't roleplay anything other than what the game lets you

Think you're missing the entire point of roleplaying. In most cases, yeah it is in your head, but finding the threads to the actual game plot is whats considered RP. Finding reasons as to why your character doesn't want to mention something is also a form of RP. If you can't justify your character in that case, then you're probably just not trying. Even the flimsiest of justifications works if you're aware of that NV is still a structured game. But at the same time, NV is one that gives a ton of recognition and dialogue possibilities to accommodate a very wide range of characters.

I know this may sound shitty right now but this game was designed with mods in mind. Right now you have the framework of a fuckton of things to do and to explore and I think they've made a smart move releasing several DLCs so you can add big chunks of gameplay to it. Yeah it's a cashgrab and some things like settlement building are hilarious but you have to understand some things,
Some people are still interested in building settlements, as stupid as this sounds, some people are still interested in finding loot as boring as this may seem, some people are interested in just roaming the world, some just want to shoot things. It's a sandbox, you can do a shittom of things and you can invest a great amount of time. Maybe we even get some halfway decent story pieces in future dlcs who knows. I pirated the game and the DLCs together with mods are a great way to kill some time or reinstall after one or two months just to see what new content is available

the true redpill on these types of games is don't do crafting, no matter what

crafting ruins your fun by putting the best (or very good) equipment in your hands as soon as you finish the crafting minigame

its better to always be on the lookout for an upgrade or sidegrade, it contributes to the fun

>I know this may sound shitty right now but this game was designed with mods in mind.

That's not shitty at all, that's exactly what happened. Todd knew that modders would use the framework to build something better, and Bethesda/Zenimax expected to have paid mods day one. This never occurred though.

>Maybe we even get some halfway decent story pieces in future dlcs who know

There are no more DLCs, Nuka World was the last one.

No use fast weapons and VATS
And right now I'm using a Ripper with the Furious legendary mod and rooted. Combine that with Blitz and you're ripping through a legendary Deathclaw Matriarch in 3 hits.

The DLCs aren't worth slogging through the entire game for
Just Console Command to level 50 and play them.

There are rumors that Bethesda will make new DLCs well into 2017. Of course this is just speculation but they'll try to milk this game to the fullest and you know it.

>Very first drop in Nuka World is instigating Handmade Rifle
>Game loses any meager challenge it had

When is the last time the last DLC is not the last DLC?

>Buy the unique machine gun with the explosive enchantment
>Maxed out explosive and auto perks
>Everything dies in half a second

KeK

Lonesome Rhode should come out in november, "to Del' and Back" should come in 2017 with driveable vehicles and such. I'm not sure if this is a hoax because I've just read it and nobody here seems to be talking about it.

The courier doesn't have amnesia. And you can't leave the Mojave because then you wouldn't be able to play Fallout: New Vegas.

Yeah, Shitty robots. I wish you could summon Coursers regardless of the fact that Coursers have a specific purpose and that misusing them [and subsequently losing them] would deplete The Institute of it's ace assassins.

theres a lot of top tier uniques locked behind very hard terminals/locks

Here's your (you) user, I hope I made your day

>doesn't have amnesia
Well why the fuck is he still in the Mojave? What is his motivation? It's nothing. It's a dry fart between three retarded factions. How do people even survive in this shithole? The mojave had enough water and food supply problems before the nuclear holocaust

I started nuka world 2 days ago. The quest where I have to talk to the gang leaders is bugged and setqueststage doesn't work.

Thanks, Todd

>toon

And you don't need any of them because the game is piss easy on Very Hard

>buy the splattercannon
>fully mod it
>drop nukalurk queens/gatorclaws in literally a handful of seconds

why is there so many objectively shit weapons but then they put shit like that in the game

>defending Fallout 4
Todd is that you ?

>Not collecting all the uniques you can
Are you playing a RPG or not? What the fuck are you doing?

>get nuka world dlc
>finish it in like 3 hours
>back to doing radiant dogshit quests in the commonwealth

Why are people still playing this shit game? And why New Vegas only has 3300 online players currently.

Yeah I was dropping Gaterclaws in one hit from stealth.
Then at the end of the quest, I got an ability that increased my silenced weapon damage even more.
I dropped a Mirelurk Queen in one hit back in the Commonwealth.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY

Too me ~25 hours to beat it. There are many interesting main-areas and side-areas. I ignored most of the faction and raider radiant quests.

Todd Howard raped me

lmao i cant believe cucks literally pay to play this godshit awful piece of ass game when literally anything in existence is more fun

i had more fun talking to retard SJWs than i ever did playing fallout 4

Not if you got it before the price hike.

yeah but how many of those 25 hours were spent actually doing stuff and not just searching around/killing things?

I spent plenty of time looking for them star cores and such myself and it still felt like nothing

4 is more fun, imo

>Skyrim with guns

even skyrim is less cancerous then this piece of unplayable turd
and thats saying something cause skyrim needs you to actively have the IQ of a downs syndrome monkey

How exactly? 4 has very few interesting and varied quests like NV.

I had fun punching everything to death.

Fallout 4 is literally skyrim with guns though.
It's just as bad as Skyrim, it's just that most people don't expect anything from Elder Scrolls to begin with.

you should be ashamed of yourself for having fun with this garbage instead of new vegas

Not like you can, considering almost every single named NPC in this game is essential.

That was an April Fools joke, dude.

Why collect stuff you wont use?

Different builds, combat, settlements

not true, there are a lot more interesting (or at least slightly interesting) quests in skyrim than in F4, plus the music and atmosphere.

of course if you like old fallout and other RPGs they're all disappointing, todd howard and co have just gotten lazier and lazier each game, I dread to see the next elder scrolls

Fallout 4 is a buggy, unoptimized crashing piece of shit. I have over 700 hours in new vegas and about 100 in fallout 4 and I'd say the crashing and frame rate drops are way worse in 4.

Because if a man has shot you in the head and tries to leave you for dead in the middle of the nuclear wasteland but you survive, wouldn't stick around to find the bastard that stole your delivery?

Also let's get the power ranking of each protagonist lore wise and gameplay wise.