It's n-not that bad, right?

It's n-not that bad, right?

wrong

It's like Far Cry except not fun

the concept looked good

reminded me of pic related

but i guess its shit

damn, i was looking forward to it, what is bad about it ?

It's Red Dawn, but replace the Russians with North Koreans.

Or China with North Korea's name on it because they wanted to sell the game there.

the concept is shit

no one can solo America

the problem is that it isn't anything.
It's not bad.
It's not good.
It just exists and for a Game to be nothing in particular is what true death is for art.
Nobody remembers or cares because there is nothing to it.

>Except not fun
So it's exactly like Far Cry

the entire premise is just too absurd to wrap my head around.

and apparently the same applied to the devs as well as the gameplay is shit

>Or China with North Korea's name on it because they wanted to sell the game there.
To be fair the first game also had North Korea as the bad guys.

But yeah China would've made a lot more sense.

now its rather ok, and the visuals are very good in certain moments.

Art direction was pretty cool.

I saw the special edition came with an art book. I wonder if anyone bought it.

The game's premise doesn't make sense. So the US is a deadbeat nation in debt to Best Korea, also Korea is responsible for most of the technological and military innovation in the world. So why should we give a shit about the US in the game? It reminds me of Far Cry 2, where it's corrupt foreigners fighting corrupt local communists, and you're not supposed to give a shit about either faction.

Its far cry meets fallout
Its not bad, but its not really especially good

It was sure as hell panned by critics for no reason, it looks great, and runs great, better than most aaa games.
A 7/10 for me
It ultimately fails flats on its face in its writing and overall story progression, the premise alone is ridiculous, but with how much story driven it is the silent protagonist bit dosnt work and the side characters are forgettable and boring.
I think if the studio had the balls to replace Korea with China and make an actual non mute protagonist this could have been something good.

It didn't run great when it came out.
Shit was full of bugs.
Probably fixed now but too little to late.

Dunno man, ran good on my pc
Those auto save pauses were takes way way out of proportion, same shit fallout 4 got a pass for was criticized like the devil in this game
But i had occasional frame drops, then again i played max settings with aa and this is a very good looking game, one of the best looking games currently
But yeah, i didnt play at the very launch but later, so dunno

Fucking idiots.

The Revolution is fucking awesome.

There's no world in which it's a 5/10 game. I can't believe that's the reception it got. Shit's fun as hell.

They fixed the optimization issues, btw. Runs great on my 970.

Yeah, it's buggy, but it's just as buggy as every single Elder Scrolls game. The press is biased as fuck, and Cred Forums gobbles that shit up. If something gets less than a 60 on Metacritic, Cred Forums will call the game shit forever.

I'm convinced that half of the haters this game has are just salty about Denuvo.

I'm surprised it came out at all

>survived the original developer getting shutdown
>survived the original publisher going bankrupt
>got sold off by the (at the time) rights holders to avoid going bankrupt at the last minute
>game comes out in may of this year to no fanfare and I wouldn't be surprised if it being free on steam for a weekend was the first exposure anyone had to it
>ran like complete trash at launch and has only had slight improvements since then

Also we all can't forget that Crytek saw more value in THIS than Timesplitters 4

It was supposed to be China at first, they changed it mid-development cause of some political reasons. I guess USA didn't wanna offend the Chinks or soemthing.

Free Weekend? Damn I missed it.

Runs fine on my computer.

Slight improvements my ass. Buy a better PC.

The Revolution is sick as fuck, especialy when you consider the troubled development cycle it had.

>inb4 I get called a shill.

yeah it's kind of a shame the console verisons ran so badly they had to do a resolution downgrade and remove most dynamic shadows just to get it to run at 30fps.

>give it pity because it's a miracle it made it out the door
It's a sequel nobody wanted to a game people only remember because the original publisher went insane with overmarketing a two hour game.

I'm not saying Revolution was completely unsalvageable, there was good stuff in there, but the overall package was a complete mess.

Or are you that user who said he worked at Dambuster

No. Just delusional.

It's a fun game. No, I'm not that guy.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of it. There is no world in which it's a 5/10 game.

If Homefront: The Revolution is a 5/10, then the entire Far Cry series is 5/10. Oblivion and Skyrim are 5/10 games.