What is the best Dragon Quest and why is it the playable demo for FFXII?

What is the best Dragon Quest and why is it the playable demo for FFXII?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSfU2XtrHhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Two shitty games on one disc?! That doesn't happen often!

Man, that must have been horrible.
Having to buy a full priced game just to get a demo of the one you actually want.

Fuck you both of those games are the best in the series

DQ VIII on PSN when?

my computer lagged like fuck trying to emulate it, no bully

get it on 3ds in a few months

That's not DQVII.

I bought DQ8 because of FFXII demo but I wasn't informed that the EU version didn't get the demo.

Good thing that DQ8 actually ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. Only now that I'm playing through DQ7 I'm finally getting the same magical feeling that I got with 8.

Neat how's the port + what kind of extra content is in it exactly?

The best bonus feature is the downgraded graphics and audio

Pros:
-Red and Morrie are playable characters
-New story arcs for Medea, Marcello and others
-More alchemy recipes
-More monsters to recruit
-New end game content
-Tweaked EXP rates and skills
-You can choose to marry Jessica at the end

Con:
-Synth music instead of orchestrated
-Downgraded graphics

>synth music
You mean MIDI

>my boy based Marcello gets redeemed
>but fucking Morrie is a new party member instead of him

what do

No, I mean synth. They're synthesized renditions of the Symphonic Suite just like Dragon Quest VII on 3DS did. They're not the MIDI files from the shitty iphone port.

>DQ 7

Haha oh wow, the whole game feels like a bunch of side-quests strung together, go here, solve this problem in 30 mins and move on and forget about it; I'm also so glad that I have to redo every area twice back to back, it's really fun breaking the same crates and opening the same chests

and the shittiest party members by far. Yangus, Jessica and Angelo still can't be beat.

>go here, solve this problem in 30 mins and move on and forget about it
Except most of them take multiple hours to complete. And many of them are referenced or concluded much later into the game.

Good job proving you didn't play it very far.

>Yangus, Jessica and Angelo still can't be beat.
Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite game of all time. But Jessica has some of the least development in the DQ series. Her entire character can be summarized as 'REVENGE!'. Yangus and Angelo get a lot more development, while Jessica only has one story point, which is tied more to her dead brother than to her. She's pretty much a repeat of Milly from Dragon Quest VI.

Fucking Red and Marcello have more development than Jessica.

I bought DQ8 for the FF12 demo

I still haven't finished DQ8.

I was so bored with this game, by the time I could ride those tiger things; I dropped it and took it back to the store.

After hearing all the praise it got I thought it would at least be better than FFX.

What I meant to say was just Yangus. Yangus carries the entire game because he's the best character the DQ series has. It even made that god awful shit game Dragon Quest Heroes tolerable because he was a playable character and had a lot of input in cutscenes.

Seriously what kinda toaster do you have?
Was it recently or long ago? PCSX2 got some nice progress in last years.

Sucks to be you

Goddamn Yangus was awesome.
Carried the game more than Jessica's tits.
Why can't we get more characters like him?

>What I meant to say was just Yangus.
Yes, I know that's what you meant. And if he didn't have the only tolerable voice in the game, you'd hate him to.

You Yangus lovers are in love with his voice. Not his character.

Same here, I do have a toaster and I got stuch where I have to look for Empycchu's shadow, the PCSX2 didn't show the shadow and I couldn't go on.

You have to switch to software mode. Makes the game run like shit (even on a good rig like mine). But you can see the shadows and the flashback scenes.

Its an issue with the emulator that still hasn't been fixed.

The demo was on a separate disc, you stupid faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=vSfU2XtrHhk

Yangus was great. My party was dead except for him and I used his skill that revives the party but kills him to beat Rhapthorn in the end.

thank you bro, I hope that I can go on 2 years after I had to stop the game

Just make sure to buy the game on 3DS to thank me.

I was thinking about it, I don't know if going on with the emulator run that where I'm stuck or buying the game on the 3DS and start again. Because honestly in my computer it runs like shit, so slow, but I already invested on it a lot of hours and I think i'm almost at the end of the game

Well, if you stopped at Empycchu, then you probably have another 30-40 hours to go. More if you do the end game.

Are you trying to convince me to buy the game with boobs? ...because it works

I'm just posting what people like. Jessica's tits are actually pretty low on the list of what makes DQVIII great. Which should tell you how good it is.

I agree, it really is a good game, until now it's the only one I have played and I quite enjoyed it

DQVIII is one of the few games I have to replay every, or every other, year. Along with Radiata stories, these two are my favorite jrpgs.

which is better, DQ8 or FFX?

Not really a fair comparison since Dragon Quest VIII is in the running for the best JRPG ever made. And Final Fantasy X is a Final Fantasy game, so half the fan base hates it right off the bat.

normally I'd be more mad about taking out the orchestral themes but i wasn't a big fan of the battle themes in 8 anyway. the redone versions in the 3ds port are an improvement.

I personally never got tired of the battle theme in DQVIII. But I'll be interested to hear what the synth version sounds like. DQVII is proving to me that some songs do better in synth.